Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
partha
BRF Oldie

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Post by partha »

I am still a babaji skeptic but have begun having his darshan every morning.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

^ I too am not fully convinced but just checking.

Lot of uncorroborated stuff.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Trikaal wrote: Too fanciful. Pakis won't give away their only bargaining chip. I know they are stupid but not this stupid. Maybe they will give a few bombs to MBS, but not every nuke. Besides, isn't the ability to make nukes more valuable than the nukes themselves? That sadly will stay with Pakis, unless we execute a massive scientist killing op with Israel or something.
Not necessarily.

But before that:

Chakoti and Muzaffarabad is not being discussed. Why? What happened there? Particularly Muzaffarabad. What's the significance of Muzaffarabad? (I think some newbies can ask google chacha and correlate it with terrorist activities in past)

Coming to the bums, remember Kargil?
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

may be chakoti and muz'bad was diversion, planted misinformation.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Have you checked disha's homework yet?
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

manjgu wrote:the guns EXCRETED 5000 shells !! baba ji ki jai ho
If one goes by his tweets, Baba has a poor grasp of English.
But no one with poor English would use a word like ‘Excreted’.
Is his choice of words/grammar deliberate?
Multiple people could also be operating that account.
DrRatnadip
BRFite

Post by DrRatnadip »

Few more tweets from baba hinting operation at neelum vally..
raja_m
BRFite -Trainee

Post by raja_m »

ramana wrote:Have you checked disha's homework yet?
Hmmm...are you refering to this?

https://www.mynation.com/news/why-pakis ... kes-pniqug
From Bait-ul-Mujahideen terror camps on the outskirts of this small (Muzzaffarabad) town, Kasab and other 26/11 terrorists had started their terrible journey in 2008.
More from the same article
Down the years, the Pakistan establishment has funded Jaish. After the fall of Taliban in Afghanistan, it helped Jaish relocate from there and set up camps in Balakot and Peshawar in KP and Muzaffarabad in PoK, train local youth and also use it as a terror university for youngsters wooed from the Indian side of Kashmir.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Anyway enough guessing baba's identity.
ramana
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

ramana wrote: I wish this person uses correct terminology.
IA does not bomb.
They hit with artillery shells.
This is the kind of stuff which makes me disbelieve the wink-wink-nudge-nudge hints that this baba character is ex IA with inside info.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I already said no more guessing games.
raja_m, Yes. After JeM claimed #Pulwama attack, if you were in the decision makers council would you just let them off the hook to only hit the Balakot camp?
Shivaji
BRFite

Post by Shivaji »

DFI has theory that Marakhor refers to NLI as they too have that insignia. Also, use of words disowned and RIP Marakhor seem more applicable to NLI.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Sorry ramana saar, my post got submitted the same time as yours and I didn't check yours first.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

No problem.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Shivaji wrote:DFI has theory that Marakhor refers to NLI as they too have that insignia. Also, use of words disowned and RIP Marakhor seem more applicable to NLI.
possible
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

ramana wrote:Have you checked disha's homework yet?
not really. What are you referring to? please can you post the link? thanks.
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

^^^
Regarding Babaji etc etc, a person said that "In wartime truth is so precious that she should always be attended to by a Bodyguard of Lies". The book below was written a long time ago, but it should be required reading( many literary critics panned it in 1975 as the author did not have full access to classified sources, but it was and still is a good read as to how deception is practiced, not the stupid Paki variety, no finesse there):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodyguard_of_Lies

I also have J. C. Masterman's book on the Twenty committee or XX committee, also important to read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Cecil_Masterman
raja_m
BRFite -Trainee

Post by raja_m »

ramana wrote:After JeM claimed #Pulwama attack, if you were in the decision makers council would you just let them off the hook to only hit the Balakot camp?
Ramana, it all depends on the intel reports on the number of piglets at the location. If the handlers had already moved many of the piglets to Balakot - what's the expected score in Muzaffarabad 10, 20 or 50? Haven't seen any SM news on ambulances or cordoning off areas here. Don't have co-ordinates of the site here, the Balakot facility seems bigger.
Agree with you, multiple target sites have been hit.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I used to have both both books....

Interesting observation by doc..
IndraD wrote:interesting nitpick: Balakot where India struck is where CPEC passes through, looks like feel of insecurity in China has been fueled by India's strike hence PLA deployment.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

10X
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Targeting Muzaffarabad goes beyond Kasab and not just Kasab.
raja_m wrote:It all depends on the intel reports on the number of piglets at the location. If the handlers had already moved many of the piglets to Balakot - what's the expected score in Muzaffarabad 10, 20 or 50? Haven't seen any SM news on ambulances or cordoning off areas here. Don't have co-ordinates of the site here, the Balakot facility seems bigger. Agree with you, multiple target sites have been hit.
Of course Kasab came from terror training camps and launch pads off Muzaffarabad and the launch pads were still operational*. Getting 10,20 or 50 is tactical. More importantly remember that the strike was pre-emptive against terror training and launch pads, so strategically this was to prevent another 26/11.

India is well within its rights to work on overtly preventing another 26/11, particularly by pre-emptive strikes in Bakistan Occupied Kashmir.

Muzaffarabad significance goes beyond that though.

1. It is a major trading hub from Srinagar to Muzaffarabad.

Questions should be asked on how kilograms of RDX was brought into Kashmir for Pulwama attack? And one cannot assume that all of RDX smuggled in has been utilized in that attack. During elections, what happens if more of it finds it way into interior of India?

Pulwama attack was on a CRPF contigent. What if the attacker had decided to target a school bus? What if the school bus is in Delhi? Or a contingent of Amarnath Yatris? Or Jammu?

Currently and rightfully so the passenger bus and the commercial traffic is stopped.

Muzaffarabad is a strategic target. It does not matter if the number of pigs stymied are 10-20 or 50 or even zero. Camps have been identified and precisely targetted and will be targetted again and again.

World does not want another 26/11.

2. CPEC

I am surprised that people missed this!

Muzaffarabad is the hub of CPEC in Bakistan Occupied Kashmir. CPEC envisions some USD 2-3 Billion investment in and around Muzaffarabad.

https://thefrontierpost.com/cpec-projec ... jk-masood/

https://www.beltroad-initiative.com/koh ... o-project/ -> Check out Kohala Hydro Power Project.

At this point, China has an option to continue invest in Muzaffarabad in Bakistan Occupied Kashmir, Bakistan has option to stage terror from Muzaffarabad and India has the option to strike at those terror camps pre-emptively.

Cost for China to protect its assets just went way up! Way way up!!

PS: *Fearing URI style surgical strike, the training camps might have been emptied into Balakot.
Last edited by disha on 22 Mar 2019 02:50, edited 2 times in total.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

I am mostly a lurker here, though a regular on BRF since before Kargil.

I am seeing a somewhat disturbing trend even among the old timers. Why are we probing so deeply into the identity of people on Twitter or asking repeatedly what happened at Muzaffarabad and elsewhere? Or giving out details of what our ammunition and strike capabilitiesIs are? Is our curiosity so great that we cannot wait to hear it from official sources? Remember a lot of unsavory characters visit this place and there are plenty of bots and whatnot that are analyzing every word written here. I see no sense in giving these people any opportunity to extract sensitive information from an inadvertent slip or link posted here.

We should simply enjoy the show put on by people like Bababanaras and discuss what else our forces can do to keep hammering the point home.

Maybe I am just being paranoid ......
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

Singha wrote:Only on first morning these two strikes came in newsx and ither channels and then vanished
https://twitter.com/Aditya_G_Social/sta ... 0601789440
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Kasab was from southern Punjab (Okara farms) and the boat in which they embarked to carry out 26/11 departed from Karachi. When did he go to Muzzaffarabad? Was he a J&K terrorist earlier in his career?
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Rudradev wrote:Kasab was from southern Punjab (Okara farms) and the boat in which they embarked to carry out 26/11 departed from Karachi. When did he go to Muzzaffarabad? Was he a J&K terrorist earlier in his career?
Kasab was trained in Muzzaffarabad. Remember Musharrafs statement that no terrorist camps exist on the soil of Bakistan?

PS: I see what caused the confusion here. I corrected my post to clarify.
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

---deleted-----
Last edited by vsunder on 22 Mar 2019 03:38, edited 1 time in total.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

abhijitm wrote:
DrRatnadip wrote:^^^baba banaras also claimed that he used to enjoy markhor meat before he became sanyasi.. Hinting he is Ex Military..
markhor is also insignia of ISI.

Yes, perhaps it should be used as mar khor (as in haram khor). :mrgreen:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Actually he is located right outside Ranchi, but don't tell any Pakis. I will delete this post soon.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

DDM, but take it for what it's worth

https://www.dnaindia.com/world/report-j ... dh-2731702

Just 90 km away from Indo -Pak border, China deploys troops in Sindh

How many PLA troops were deployed, I wonder. Both of them?
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

During Doklam episode, the official Chinese media, to drive the point that Doklam is not Indian territory, threatened that they too can attack India from Pakistan.

But at that time nobody thought it was possible. Once CPEC is operational, they will put security architecture with a mix of Pakistani Cannon fodder at the periphery and guard their investment.

They want India to vacate kashmir, so that there will be no threat to CPEC. That is their latest strategy to teach India a lesson for Doklam, and they are in for long haul. Now that the situation has de-escalated, a cfv here and there, retaliation, counter retaliation doesn't bother them.

Look at the way they fortified doklam, but they did it quietly and with a determination. CPEC is too important for Xi.

While for pakis, Kashmir is an emotional issue for ghazwa-e-hind, low cost Terrorism with no or negligible losses, etc, for China, CPEC is too strategic to fail, they have ready-made Terrorism infrastructure and willing partner, who can also be coerced to do their bidding, I see that the Terrorism has become more attractive for China to be used against India. This Pakistan-china nexus is going to be long term nexus and threat to India's security. Terrorism is not going away because of balakot airstrikes.

In fact, it has become more attractive for aam abdul in Pakistan, ISI, TSPA and China.

Only way out for India is to break out Pakistan into pieces. Time is luxury, we need to break Pakistan within next 2 years.
Agasthi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Agasthi »

Since that PAF attempt on IA, LOC has been very hot and usually we see reports of paki DGMO calling after a few days of being roasted. However I haven’t seen any so far and there are YouTube videos of fire exchange and blackouts on paki side that have been posted which are 2-3 weeks old in the sectors that these tweets are referring to. Probably IA is on the move and the paki DGMO is not calling because it is just not the usual fire exchange.
Bishwa
BRFite

Post by Bishwa »

180 mm Gun S-23: This gun is the product of cold war era USSR. It is a heavy gun designed by NII-58 and later shipped off to India. There are 100 of these in service in the Indian Army right now. It is a towed artillery gun with a length of 10.48 metres. The barrel itself is 8.8 metre in length. The gun weighs a mammoth 21.45 tons. It fires not more than 1 round per minute but has an effective ran
Wikipedia does list India as a former user of this gun system

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/180_mm_gun_S-23
Trikaal
BRFite

Post by Trikaal »

Agasthi wrote:Since that PAF attempt on IA, LOC has been very hot and usually we see reports of paki DGMO calling after a few days of being roasted. However I haven’t seen any so far and there are YouTube videos of fire exchange and blackouts on paki side that have been posted which are 2-3 weeks old in the sectors that these tweets are referring to. Probably IA is on the move and the paki DGMO is not calling because it is just not the usual fire exchange.
Or maybe Paki DGMO is calling but no one is responding. Would be pretty humiliating to accept to the media that ur call wasn't even considered worthy enough to be received.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Rudradev wrote:DDM, but take it for what it's worth
Just 90 km away from Indo -Pak border, China deploys troops in Sindh
Read the Balochistan thread and u c y. They are looking at their investment getting inflated practically twice a week. But they are also nice targets, hain? PLA killing Pakistanis. :mrgreen:
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

Muzaffarabad isn't actually on CPEC but certainly very close, same with Balakot. CPEC appears to follow the N-35 alignment northwards from Abbotabad, and Balakot is on N-15. Practically it doesn't matter - IAF hit Balakot and IAF could hit the CPEC route with equal impunity. Actually one "errant" missile falling on CPEC route, timed to match the next BRI forum will be a good idea.
ks_sachin
BRF Oldie

Post by ks_sachin »

Bishwa wrote:
180 mm Gun S-23: This gun is the product of cold war era USSR. It is a heavy gun designed by NII-58 and later shipped off to India. There are 100 of these in service in the Indian Army right now. It is a towed artillery gun with a length of 10.48 metres. The barrel itself is 8.8 metre in length. The gun weighs a mammoth 21.45 tons. It fires not more than 1 round per minute but has an effective ran
Wikipedia does list India as a former user of this gun system

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/180_mm_gun_S-23
Wiki is wrong
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Read the Balochistan thread for another reason. Count the number of convoys etc halaled since Pulwama. Karma. Of course India has nothing to do with it. PA is really getting it up theirs.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 22 Mar 2019 07:18, edited 1 time in total.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

I think the Chinese experiment in Pakistan is quite interesting:

1) Lack of experience as a fighting force. Video games don't count nor does beating unarmed protesters count.

2) Their experience is brutally putting down dissenters. Eg: Tienanmen Square, Falun Gong/ Falun Dafa protesters

3) For a country that is used to handling the Uighur Muslims like dirt, it will be very interesting to see how they will interact with the Muslims of the Islamic Republic.

4) How are they going to differentiate between a Baluchi & a Punjabi mussalman? In Xinjiang they maybe able to identify Muslims, how about in Sindh or Baluchistan?

I think it is time for us to sit back with the popcorn and drink to watch the fun.

In all this I haven't touched the subject of their possible confrontation with the battle hardened Indian Armed Forces.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

partha wrote:I am still a babaji skeptic but have begun having his darshan every morning.
That is how babaji works. You know he is doing some do-numbri; but the sight of him and his words fill you with joy, then you forget everything and become a devotee only :mrgreen: :rotfl:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Do u think PA will allow attacks on their tarrel and deepel fiends to be lepolted? If tloops have been deployed, that means that there have already been heavy losses.