Understanding the US - Again

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding the US - Again

Post by UlanBatori »

U mean there is an Indian Election chai-biscoot dhaga on PeeAref? The elections are less than a MONTH AWAY!!! I don't know about Pavlov, but my reaction is Ostrich Bin Sand-Buriedi. What I have seen as "campaigning" from the One Party is pathetic while the All Other Parties are happy to shut up because they have nothing to say anyhow. Isn't this a train wreck in the making? But... pls point me to where one can be discussing this.

Just for Raviji: Speaking for UBCN, we are ***NOT*** Fans of DT or his panthankarayas. We are just not impressed by the alternatives and consider them to be far worse. Of course we may find it irrestitible to tap the cages of those who are angriest.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

^^^Well said.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Ravi, no matter what you think, neither this thread nor this forum is meant to discuss 9/11 "inside job" theories. You have been warned for thread derailment. If you choose to continue this line you will be handed a ban.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Its probably too early to write off Tulsi yet.

She seems to be popular with some youtube channels, with just a few thousand subscribers.
Judging by the comments many have not heard about TG yet or haven't heard her speak.
Those who did seem not only be surprised by her but like her.
I haven't seen a single negative comment on her from the comments section, which is saying a lot in these days. Perhaps she is still not considered a threat that Reps and Dems are not spending time to counter her. But in general people seem to like her ... a lot, including the hosts.

Read the comments.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Yes, this is actually a positive, inspiring person who has the depth, the experience and the toughness based on her own, self-developed credentials. The last one I can think of that had those credentials, albeit born with the Silver Spoon in Da Mouth unlike TG, was JFK.
Whether she can garner that sort of national reach remains to be seen, and I don't hold out much hope that the Dem National have the vision and the non-nastiness to run with her: they are about the most petty-minded bunch I have seen. Which is why I project that her best shot is as a VP-select by the IncumbElephant.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

And speaking of that, this is a "put ur paise where ur mouth is" moment.

TG needs 65,000 UNIQUE DONORS BY MARCH 31 to be eligible to get into the Debates.
Not sure how close she has reached, but lets' take no chances on this. This is a critical moment for YYs. As seen above, whether u plan to vote elephant or donkey in November, this is absolutely essential for yindoo credibility.

So even from the distant steppes of Mongolia, I am throwing all hesitation to the cold winds and making this direct statement here. As u know, UBCN is COMPLETELY 400% Non-Political.
dnivas
BRFite

Post by dnivas »

I have always admired her stance even after she got back from Iraq war. Cemented my admiration for her when she strongly supported chowkidar during his US trip. very eloquent and camera friendly.
I did my bit. Hope she gets to participate
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Yaar, Why do some of you 'Always" write long never ending posts which maybe Gold mine of information but it yawns me to death.
BRF will not shut down tomorrow and you will have a chance to write more on same stuff.
Learn from Mongol Yak herder, He reveals in shoot and scoot with small doses of posts.
Personally I like TG and KH because both of them look good (What to do, sexiest me).

PS: Why are we discussing US Pres elections now when it is still many months away.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Error in my post. My source updated me. May deadline, and crossed 50K so far. But hope there is strong participation in that 65K from YY.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

UlanBatori wrote:Error in my post. My source updated me. May deadline, and crossed 50K so far. But hope there is strong participation in that 65K from YY.
I think only American citizens can donate. If its just any YY, a shout out to any mohalla in India would do.

Green card holders can donate.
https://secure.actblue.com/donate/tulsi ... de=web-nav
Contribution rules
I am a U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident (i.e., green card holder).
This contribution is made from my own funds, and funds are not being provided to me by another person or entity for the purpose of making this contribution.
I am making this contribution with my own personal credit card and not with a corporate or business credit card or a card issued to another person.
I am at least eighteen years old.
I am not a federal contractor.

This seems to be the most common theme among Americans this elections.
We are not for the left or right anymore, we are for "Anyone But a Corporatist." ABAC voters unite!
Single payer health insurance, no corporate money, no regime change wars are what the voters want.

There is a group of ultra left democrats called justice democrats or progressives who wan't a free entry to refugees including from the middle east, more taxation, no drone usage, end to war on terror along with the above.

I believe TG stands somewhere in between.

She already seems to be a much stronger candidate than many people think.

I am sure there will be a bunch of pakis, left liberals from India posing as zealous Hindus and posting jingoistic comments on the internet to undermine her. She has to watch out for it. Well, we might have an investigation on Indian collusion after 2020. :mrgreen:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

All right on the money. If I were a middle class American in middle of middle America, I think I would see her as a very strong (in the Right Stuffing sense) candidate, highly necessary departure from recent fluff in POTUS politics. I mean, look at the "news"!! For the past 2 years has there been ANY debate on substantive issues? The entire "platform" is either "MAGA" extremists or "IMPEACH!" extremists. Now the GreenDeal Bibi has come out with a proposal that is basically "Tax The Rich, Pay Da Poor and I AM The Poor!" The ones with the heart-rending accounts of Refugees don't know diddly about how they are going to manage the borders: open the borders of America? Let 4 billion ppl in - including the entire ISIS and CPC?
So yes, I think it is time for YY to stand up and be counted, support a real candidate from among YY.
Ravi Karumanchiri
BRFite

Post by Ravi Karumanchiri »

I don't know where else to post this.... I guess this classifies as "Russian Weapons....." in a cyber-warfare / info-warfare hybrid kind of sense....

US House Intelligence Committee Examines Russian Election Intereference and Tactics
https://www.c-span.org/video/?459258-1/ ... ce-tactics

I'm not casting aspersions, but I would be curious to know if any of these same moves seen in the US, are also to be found in India (they're here in Canada, for sure).
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Calling in Michael McFaul, is like asking Zaid Hamid to talk about India.

He was unceremoniously sent back from being an Ambassador to Russia and he holds a grudge against Russian leadership

US election inteference is a Theatrics lead by Adam Schiff and with other senators out to prove they are saving US democracy from Russian interefence when all they are doing is playing to audience and partisan politics

I have watched many of the videos in past and all you need to do is to Believe what the US intel says and no proof are offered other than they know and you need to believe them.

Planned by Obama Intel chief when Hillary lost the election inspite of Pundits betting other wise these mine field like rope for DT to hang.

The real culprit here is John Brennan and James Clapper who planned and executed this to get back to DT and pull him down and they both hold a Deep Hatred and Grudge against Trump.

It is one Weird Theater of Absurd ..... Where no proof are offered and claims are made.

All you have to do is to say Putin is Evil , He kills his opponents , Russia is a Thug State and things like that , he has connection with Oligarch and you become a Star in Such House Hearing
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

:)
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Or else China will take it and pass on to Pak when needed.
Anyway Nunn-Lugar was same thing. Sell the stuff for power reactors in US.
Orange is giving same deal.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/11/poli ... index.html

the witch hunt against huawei now extends to cell towers near minuteman missile silos

how it will affect the completely isolated icbm c3i and launch system is left as an exercise to the 'believers' :)
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

US is a secular democracy
And Pennyslvania is where the Freedom of the USA was born: Freedom of religion, to get away from the British Church.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

UlanBatori wrote:Error in my post. My source updated me. May deadline, and crossed 50K so far. But hope there is strong participation in that 65K from YY.
She'll easily make the debate stage. After that it'll be hard. She is extremely popular with progressives.... Jimmy Dore etc...
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

rags
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rags »

UlanBatori wrote:And speaking of that, this is a "put ur paise where ur mouth is" moment.

TG needs 65,000 UNIQUE DONORS BY MARCH 31 to be eligible to get into the Debates.
Not sure how close she has reached, but lets' take no chances on this. This is a critical moment for YYs. As seen above, whether u plan to vote elephant or donkey in November, this is absolutely essential for yindoo credibility.

So even from the distant steppes of Mongolia, I am throwing all hesitation to the cold winds and making this direct statement here. As u know, UBCN is COMPLETELY 400% Non-Political.
After donating, I received the following email message from her campaign.
"Aloha XXX,

Friday night, we set a goal to reach 8,000 new donations before the FEC filing deadline—and we made it!

Since launching Tulsi’s campaign for president, we’ve already received 70,000 donations. Now, we’re shooting for 5,000 more before tonight’s FEC deadline at midnight"

We will get to see more of Tulsi in the short term.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Great.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

a country that gave the world thomas jefferson, lincoln (still upheld as a gold std among POTUSes) and the two roosevelts, now reduced to scraping bottom drawer inventory with a sole dharmic TG in the fray. even DT is shining knight compared to some of the sith lords that are entering the fray.

what a fall in stds.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Singha wrote:a country that gave the world thomas jefferson, lincoln (still upheld as a gold std among POTUSes) and the two roosevelts, now reduced to scraping bottom drawer inventory with a sole dharmic TG in the fray. even DT is shining knight compared to some of the sith lords that are entering the fray.

what a fall in stds.
Idiocracy. Don't forget in India we have our own pappu. Just wish these sort of clowns would just walk away. SMH.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

At least Atlas Shrugged is available to watch for free on Prime.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Singha wrote:a country that gave the world thomas jefferson, lincoln (still upheld as a gold std among POTUSes) and the two roosevelts, now reduced to scraping bottom drawer inventory with a sole dharmic TG in the fray. even DT is shining knight compared to some of the sith lords that are entering the fray.

what a fall in stds.
She will be dragged down to the rest by the 'progressive left'. She supports war on terror right now, but she will be made to recant it. She will be made to say against Modi/BJP and she will be made to join in the 'Green New Deal'. She already recanted her stance on drone strikes and pretty much is in support of the 'Green New Deal'. So far, she is only holding steadfastly onto the 'no war' stance.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Moderators - If this is inappropriate, please delete ...

I have been working with Tulsi Gabbard team for her Presidential run 2020. She is a staunch supporter of India. Very independent minded and did not cow down to DNC or Clinton mob and supported Sanders last time.

https://www.tulsi2020.com

She needs 65K independent donors to be eligible for Democratic primary debates. Please donate (even $1 good enough) if you are a resident of US. We need 6K more

If possible, your spouse can donate too separately and will be counted as 2. Please spread the news in your other groups.
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

vijayk wrote:Moderators - If this is inappropriate, please delete ...

I have been working with Tulsi Gabbard team for her Presidential run 2020. She is a staunch supporter of India. Very independent minded and did not cow down to DNC or Clinton mob and supported Sanders last time.

https://www.tulsi2020.com

She needs 65K independent donors to be eligible for Democratic primary debates. Please donate (even $1 good enough) if you are a resident of US. We need 6K more

If possible, your spouse can donate too separately and will be counted as 2. Please spread the news in your other groups.
+1000
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

North Dakota House members protest Hindu leader offering prayer to lawmakers
BISMARCK, N.D.- Some Republican North Dakota House members protested the daily opening floor session prayer by a global Hindu and interfaith leader

Rajan Zed, president of the Universal Society of Hinduism, offered mantra's as the guest chaplain in the House on Tuesday. He delivered the prayer in the Senate on Monday without incident.

Lutheran pastor and freshman Rep. Jeff Hoverson of Minot sat at the back of the chamber to "protest" the prayer. A few other lawmakers also stood or sat at the back of the chamber during the prayer.

Hoverson says he didn't want to pray to a "false god." He says he met with Zed prior to floor session to tell him his protest "was nothing personal."

It is not the first time non-Christian prayers have been delivered at the legislature. In years past, Jewish rabbis, a Muslim cleric and Native Americans have presented invocations.

The Senate and House convene daily with a prayer by the chamber's guest chaplains.

-0-

Representative Jeff Hoverson's letter to Legislative Management:

One of the things I have really appreciated is having Chaplains for prayer, openness to sing songs that reflect the God of our NO Constitution. In the preamble, we are grateful to Almighty God for our blessings. This God, was the Judeo-Christian God; as was the religion of our US Constitution. For these reasons, I am saddened that a Hindu was invited from California to attempt to lead us in prayer. I am not aware of ANY Hindu's in the House. North Dakota is tied with South Dakota for church attendance in churches that believe that Jesus Christ is the ONLY way of salvation. Please, I would respectfully ask that you honor our constitution and traditions in North Dakota. It took many of us by surprise and, I believe, was unfair. I am available for question or comment. Thank you. With all JH Romans 1:16
Ravi Karumanchiri
BRFite

Post by Ravi Karumanchiri »

A black woman was beaten by a white man with a gun. Police charged her with damaging his truck.
L’Daijohnique Lee was going the wrong way down a one-way street in the Deep Ellum neighborhood on March 21. She was dropping off a friend, she said. Austin Shuffield, 30, was trying to leave a parking lot. He tried to take a picture of her license plate. Lee, 24, threatened to mace him if he didn’t back away, WFAA reported, citing a police affidavit.

A bystander video captured what happened next. Shuffield, who is white, clutches a pistol at his side and steps toward Lee, who is black. She pulls out her phone to dial 911. Shuffield swats the phone to the ground, and Lee connects a punch. Then Shuffield winds up for at least five hard blows to Lee’s head, sending her reeling. Then he kicks her phone down the street.
The video roared across social media and prompted calls for serious charges against Shuffield. But a felony charge landed first for Lee — the assault victim.

Lee was charged Tuesday with felony criminal mischief after allegedly smashing the windows of Shuffield’s truck after the incident. That decision triggered more protests in Dallas, including one planned at city hall Wednesday, the Dallas Morning News reported, as the video and Lee’s story spread.

On Wednesday, the Dallas County district attorney’s office said Lee’s warrant was recalled. “The case has been declined for prosecution,” said Kimberlee Leach, a spokeswoman for the office. It was not immediately clear why.

The initial felony charge for Lee raised questions about whether it was appropriate for an assault victim.

“She’s obviously in distress. You can’t consider these things outside of context,” said her attorney S. Lee Merritt, who criticized authorities for filing a felony charge against Lee before they focused on Shuffield.

Shuffield has been referred for a felony assault charge to the Dallas County district attorney’s office to consider for a grand jury, police said. He has not been formally charged with any felonies.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ers-truck/
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

she is clearly guilty of driving whilst being black...
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

hanumadu wrote:

what a fall in stds.
She will be dragged down to the rest by the 'progressive left'. She supports war on terror right now, but she will be made to recant it. She will be made to say against Modi/BJP and she will be made to join in the 'Green New Deal'. She already recanted her stance on drone strikes and pretty much is in support of the 'Green New Deal'. So far, she is only holding steadfastly onto the 'no war' stance.
Not entirely sure on this. Admittedly, she was initially a little diffident, check the interview on the View, but is now much more assertive. I thought she was quite straightforward and clear in terms of modi in a recent interview with Jimmy Dore.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I wish you guys showed this much interest in Indian general elections thread.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Ragıp Soylu

Verified account

@ragipsoylu
3h3 hours ago
More
Erdogan to visit Russia this Monday:

• “S-400 is a done deal. Patriots offer doesn’t have the same conditions we get from Russia”

• As Stoltenberg said, sanctions against NATO allies are not appropriate. As he said weapons purchase is a sovereign decision
dinesh_kimar
BRFite

Post by dinesh_kimar »

Abt Massa arms sales to desh.

IMHO, a good thing. Have seen the benefit of massa influence here on BRF forums.

The regular military and Air Force exercises have stood us in good stead.

All old books advised to exercise and sweat our military, but we were not doing it, there was no major stuff, Brasstacks once in a bluemoon.

No vajrashakti, pine prahaar, vijayee bawa, shatrujeet , ashwamedh ever heard in the 80s and 90s.

IAF had no gaganshakti or navy tropex either.

Around 2005-6 timeline, we suddenly had slew of military exercises like Cope, Red flag, etc.

This taught us to continually exercise to improve our operations, like muscles needing to be flexed.

Use of electronic simulators are also inspired from massa.

Massa arms kit is a dream.

I like "idea" of desi kit, but massa is literally an order of magnitude better than anyone else.

Exposure to such has improved our r&d boffins ability to understand reliability, quality and performance better.
At least they write good brochures now.

Only by such exposure, our forces have grown in the new millennium.

6000 hours MTBF on F404 is unimaginable, we don't know what we don't know. No way we were able to extrapolate this into our op planning without exposure to the system.

Our previous state of the art was always 2000 h on Mirage M53 or most likely 800 h on Russian friendship maal.

Yet we always kick Paki ass, who have so much massa supplies. It's a mystery of nature.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Relevant to Balakot strike & F-16 shoot down threads.
The President’s Germany riff took a most surprising turn, however, when he started to lecture Stoltenberg and the assembled media about his own German roots. My father, he told them, was not only born in Germany but in a “very wonderful place” there. The problem, of course, is that it isn’t true, and Trump knows that full well. Making the untrue claim that his father was born in Germany was all the more amazing because Trump had spent decades denying that his father was of German heritage, instead falsely claiming, including in his best-selling nineteen-eighties book “The Art of the Deal,” that his father was Swedish.

In fact, the Oval Office appearance with Stoltenberg was the third time that Trump has repeated this particular whopper since becoming President. I watched the video of his Tuesday appearance several times, stopping to rewind at the point where Trump embellished his fib. It’s not just that he said his father was born in Germany; what gets me is adding the clause that his father was born in a great place there. That’s why it’s clear that this is not a flub or a simple misstatement on the part of the President, whose grandfather, not his father, was born in a town in the far west of Germany, near the French border. The added clause is the tell here, the lie in full; his father wasn’t just born in Germany but in a “very wonderful place” there. Inevitably, reporters pounced and, by Wednesday, there was Fred Trump’s birth certificate on the Internet, courtesy of the Washington Post writer Philip Bump. It shows Frederick Trump to be what we always knew he was: a native of New York City, with neat bureaucratic script confirming his birth, in the Bronx, on October 11, 1905. There is truly almost nothing about which this President will not lie, whether it’s the Mueller report or his family history. Trump has become a birther again—this time about his own father.
https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-f ... t-wont-end

You have to understand that no matter the number of Trump's substantial or trivial lies, there is a hard core of unwavering support in the electorate, around 40%. It is 40% of Americans. Now realize that 99% of Pakistan is like that.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

POOF
Last edited by hnair on 08 Apr 2019 15:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Trump Trivia of no value
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

A_Gupta,

The New Yorker carries little to no credibility. They are are opposed to Trump plain and simple. Just like The Print in India have this anti-BJP and anti-Modi narrative. The Democrats carping about the Mueller report are much like Pappu and gang complaining about Rafale deal. There's nothing there. The report was commissioned by the executive branch and was submitted to the same. Trump didn't fire Mueller like Nixon did with Archibald Cox in the Saturday night massacre. If the Democrats keep it up, then they will once again prove to be adept at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

What is significant is the left side movement of people in the khanland and the left support to neo con agenda and to EJs. One has to examine how this shift pans out for the world.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

dinesh_kimar wrote: Massa arms kit is a dream.

I like "idea" of desi kit, but massa is literally an order of magnitude better than anyone else.

Exposure to such has improved our r&d boffins ability to understand reliability, quality and performance better.
At least they write good brochures now.
To summarize, what you are saying is:
1) Indian military never EVER excersized before massa came in and taught how to excersize
2) Both the US entries for MMRCA fighter compeition did not fail technical evaluations by IAF compared to others, because of massive MBTF
3) DRDO brochures are better now because of copy-paste job of US ones

None of that is true