Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Post by Singha »

Putting on my think like a paki hat....

Murica wants to make money off india
This means running down domestic stuff

Cheen wants to prop up tsp
and make india spend money on high priced imports than durable domestic kit

So in this both murica and cheen are united
Domestic projects must die
Dalals and randis will have got marching orders

Now cheen has produced more j10 than it really needs at the moment

It could potentially transfer say 50 j10 in bulk with some systems demoted to export status

Dalals in india will raise hue and cry about obsolete iaf and immediate needs

Khan baba will step in smoothly and say look guys we can quickly give you air national guard couple squadrons of f16 while we create the block80 for you all 100 of it with full n final tot

And we will also give you amraam c7 which is >c5
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

DrRatnadip wrote:
Rajiv Lather wrote:
Is it true sir? :( :eek:
After Pulama plus losses in COIN and helo crash, it was the case for a few weeks or so for the killed / impacted soldiers. That said India announces its losses being a professional army, like PA which is just a hihadi mob.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

Rajiv Lather wrote:
Singha wrote: In Haryana there is almost daily news of a body of a army/paramil soldier being received in some village. Read the local Hindi newspapers.

I think u have grossly misunderstood the PM stmt. You have done a literal translation and concluded. What he implied.. is that for the moment we have hit Pakis and they are in a tizzy... we will keep them on toes and keep on pounding them ( Gen Bajwa giving briefing to IK and others twice is v unusual). i get similar reports of heavy indian response ( disproportionately heavy). While we punish Pakis, we have to focus on other things as well and not bogged down in India/Pak . I also live in Haryana ( and also on the india pak border). I do read local newspapers ..more so in recent past. I have not noticed anything vvvv unusual. Haryana gives a disproportionately large no of men to the army and other services. How many of the news items pertain to casualties on LOC?? in haryana, the culture is such that even if a haryanvi is killed due to Malaria in Nagaland, he will be glorified. I doubt Modi ji will try anything spectacular before elections. After the elections and IF modi wins... all bets are off.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Rajiv looks like you are in a hurry to get banned with some useless posts anymore on this you don’t leave me an option but serve a ban - thanks
Rajiv Lather
BRFite

Post by Rajiv Lather »

suryag wrote:Rajiv looks like you are in a hurry to get banned with some useless posts anymore on this you don’t leave me an option but serve a ban - thanks
Yes go on - it was me indulging in Haryana bashing. If only we Haryanavis took regular doses of quinine !
Last edited by suryag on 31 Mar 2019 20:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: User banned for flaming unsubstantiated sectarianism
Vivasvat
BRFite

Post by Vivasvat »

Thread derailed!
Vivasvat
BRFite

Post by Vivasvat »

https://m.republicworld.com/india-news/ ... akot-blitz

Balakot Tape: Secret source confirms 'Pakistan burnt bodies and dumped them in river; ISI & JeM in fear' and names terrorists killed in IAF's Balakot blitz
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Ramana, pass my regards to Karan. I've acknowledged his contribution in the foot note in the article.
Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

Which article sahab ?.
John
BRF Oldie

Post by John »

As I mentioned earlier I was afraid Pakistan will use this as way to recruit more by throwing in some civilians taking from funeral homes and showing their bodies as they have done with drone strikes. But by not acknowledging and simply burning them with no proper burial they did great work from us, JEM can’t even claim they were martyred and went to heaven to get their virgins.
Sridhar K
BRFite

Post by Sridhar K »

AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

First they feed you unsubstantiated info.
Then they fight each other.

https://twitter.com/beepdelete/status/1 ... 65794?s=21
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

When will the snow start melting in J&K? Is it May or April?

I expect infiltration to surge as soon the snow starts melting.

We haven't had any attempt in the lower area in the past one month. PA must have been hit hard.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I c that the term "nuke nude" is now part of the Twitter lex-e-con. :rotfl:
dinesh_kimar
BRFite

Post by dinesh_kimar »

Wow, it took the entire Pakistani state and all the official machinery one full month to ferry journalists to Balakot site, despite the site being empty with no casualties.

And Bajwa has briefed Imran Khan for second time in the month, despite being no casualties among the Pakis.

The Indians are determined to do something, irrespective of the no.of casualities we suffer.

The only casuality among the Pakis, it seems is DGISPR.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

ramana wrote:Ramana, pass my regards to Karan. I've acknowledged his contribution in the foot note in the article.
Rohit is an awesome dude for writing this article. :) :mrgreen:
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

AdityaM wrote:First they feed you unsubstantiated info.
Then they fight each other.

https://twitter.com/beepdelete/status/1 ... 65794?s=21
This guy is Pakistani for sure.. he keeps quoting natsec jeff.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

We now have 2 members of BR academy bringing sanity and justice back into the newsverse. Rohit and Mihir. :mrgreen:
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Sridhar K wrote:
Guddu wrote:Which article sahab ?.
https://www.opindia.com/2019/03/the-pri ... ssion=true
Sridhar, does this mean I am off the hook for the Swarajya article? I was caught up in the middle of work related craziness. Or do i change tack to some other topic. :mrgreen:
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

dinesh_kimar wrote:Wow, it took the entire Pakistani state and all the official machinery one full month to ferry journalists to Balakot site, despite the site being empty with no casualties.

And Bajwa has briefed Imran Khan for second time in the month, despite being no casualties among the Pakis.

The Indians are determined to do something, irrespective of the no.of casualities we suffer.

The Balakot tours will terminate shortly once the Pakistanis realise that the 'journalists' are taking samples of the soil and wiping the outside walls, collecting dust settled on structures downwind (whichever way the wind was blowing that night). These samples can be analysed for the chemical signature of the Spice 2000 bomb, pyrolysis markers can even show that the bombs were triggered.

If the Indian and American agencies have a DNA database they can also look for a match.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

sanjaykumar wrote:
dinesh_kimar wrote:Wow, it took the entire Pakistani state and all the official machinery one full month to ferry journalists to Balakot site, despite the site being empty with no casualties.

The Balakot tours will terminate shortly once the Pakistanis realise that the 'journalists' are taking samples of the soil and wiping the outside walls, collecting dust settled on structures downwind (whichever way the wind was blowing that night). These samples can be analysed for the chemical signature of the Spice 2000 bomb, pyrolysis markers can even show that the bombs were triggered.

If the Indian and American agencies have a DNA database they can also look for a match.
Considering they have taken more then a month to hide their nude status, the Pakis would have used a done of earth works under the gaze of their chinese masters.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Let us see.
Sridhar K
BRFite

Post by Sridhar K »

Karan M wrote:
Sridhar, does this mean I am off the hook for the Swarajya article? I was caught up in the middle of work related craziness. Or do i change tack to some other topic. :mrgreen:
Karan. I am just a postman and ideally should ask Amar whom I contacted after our fellow rakshaks suggested Swarajya for publishing the rebuttal. Amar who lurks here espressed his interest. My humble two cents is that your efforts in BR to rebut agenda driven drivel should go mainstream. Hence may be change tack and address some other issue like this Govts efforts on indiginezation etc.

Ramana Garu had tagged IAF_MCC on twitter to leverage you and Rohit than agenda driven journalist

https://twitter.com/ramana_brf/status/1 ... 40805?s=19
Perhaps he can suggest the way forward
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Karan, I suggest you finish it anyway, it will be a different approach from Rohitvat's. also, if you need any custom graphics etc, give me a ping.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Karan M wrote:
Saar, if I may, the more the merrier when it comes to these things. The leftist cabal has multiple writer in their kitty to make their views appear broad-based and independent, when in reality they are mostly feeding off each other and their common trough. We Indics need many voices to counter them, and in mil-stuff, multiple BRF (and DFI) folks should definitely ensure to have their say since service personnel cannot, and we cannot let these people have the last word. Even if it means multiple articles, having a wider dissemination across different publications would not hurt.

That said, we all have day jobs and various constraints and are not jobless like most of these leftists :lol:. So if you need help in forming an article, I am happy to help out, especially with editing, proof reading and the like (will have to defer to your tech knowledge of course :mrgreen:). The takedown you did earlier on this thread itself is close to a full article, so it may not take much time to get it ready for publication.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

Karan M.. i read your rebuttal. While its v informative, it will be more useful if u can shorten it a bit. Will be more effective. JMT..
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Karan M: I echo the thoughts above. It's a tragedy all these years that BRF gyan stayed on BRF. This needs to go mainstream & we now have at least a few nationalistic portals through which knowledge can be disseminated.

People are really hungry for this kind of detailed information. Kindly request you to take the time. For editing etc, even Swarajya folks might help.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

IN all this in the Paki Public Awam eyes
1. India bombed trees on 26 Feb, PAf shot 2 IAF aircraft its win win

in PA eyes
1. India has hit many Jihadis- both Uniformed, Retired and non uniformed variety
2. There have been many losses including 25 Mar 2 Colonel/ Brigadier level officers and 10 JCO's.

It must be hurting
3. PAF made an attempted strike on 27 Feb which failed, got a Mig 21 and pilot for media, public and world and hidden loss of F-16's.

All in All H&D is intact but there have been real losses which are there, wonder what will be the impact.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

^^^^ Real impact is for their army to re-arm at the cost of everything else, damn the budget, damn peoples welfare and damn the forex reserves. For them to want to re-arm, they need a gentle push and reminder; a hot LoC and airspace bursting with radar beams will hopefully make that happen, and that's exactly what our government appears to be doing. Overt aggression from our side will have them running to fourfathers for aid, and that has to be avoided at all costs.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

FWIW, baba banarsi saying LOC pushed in many sectors by 300-500m
tushar_m

Post by tushar_m »

Now time to announce

Our brave forces pushed the LOC 300 meters to 500 metres at many places in #Poonch and #Rajouri

Today Pak Army is trying to recapture the positions... Heavy clashes are going on.

@adgpi

#OperationColdWave

https://twitter.com/bababanaras/status/ ... 0090788864
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

ANI
@ANI
·
1m
Sources: At 3 AM today, Indian radars detected a large sized UAV & package of 4 Pakistani F-16s flying close to Indian border in Khemkaran sector in Punjab. India scrambled Su-30MKIs & Mirage jets in response after which the Pakistani jets retreated further into their territory.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

1 bsf inspector kia and 5 injured in border firing in poonch sector
Vamsee
BRFite

Post by Vamsee »

Republic

Verified account

@republic
57s57 seconds ago
More
REPUBLIC SUPER EXCLUSIVE: 10 Final 'before and after' proof visuals of the IAF's precision air strike on Pakistan's Balakot terror base

--Vamsee
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

tushar_m wrote:
Now time to announce

Our brave forces pushed the LOC 300 meters to 500 metres at many places in #Poonch and #Rajouri

Today Pak Army is trying to recapture the positions... Heavy clashes are going on.

@adgpi

#OperationColdWave

https://twitter.com/bababanaras/status/ ... 0090788864
Mod Note for everyone: Please do not post unconfirmed speculation from twitter as actual news here.

Thank you
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Manjgu, Please don't post anymore snippets.
Thanks so far.
Ramana
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

The crpf bus incident near banihal was terror attack

The bomber who escaped the scene has been arrested
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

what came of the visit of reporters to the balakot site? no pics , vid ...??
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

Singha wrote:The crpf bus incident near banihal was terror attack

The bomber who escaped the scene has been arrested
Apart from this there was another VBIED attack attempt was thwarted. There are Paki handles talking about heavy Indian troop and hardware deployment along IB and LoC. Add to this, both IAF and IN have said they are still deployed and have not announced that ops are done officially. So why are Pakis taking a risk by attempting more attacks? Even they know that the Indian response to another major attack would likely be massive. Suicide mode or false bravado?
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

OT. But these are H&D purposes, the don't want the narrative that they are scared, and they feel this close to elections they can get away with it. Basically they are gambling just like Hitler and the Nazis did.