2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by arshyam »

@siddhu, easy to for me to say what? I would urge to you to clear on what part of my post you are referring to, instead of urging me to discuss this and that.

I am an outsider, and still felt bad about the way the division was brought about, merits and demerits notwithstanding. I count a lot of friends from both AP and TS and have heard the pain from all. So it's not that easy for me to say. But the division did happen and is reality now whether we like it or not, and we have to see what to do next. If you want to dwell in the past, then why not dwell on why AP voted for Cong not once, but twice, and got the parting gift of the division later. That was not the BJP's or Modi's doing, was it? Modi is on the dot when asking for Congress-mukht Bharat, but we the people don't seem to agree. State after state goes back to the Congress knowing full well what they do, but we keep crying Mudi did this and that. Elections have consequences, and as a people, we have some responsibility ourselves.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Yagnasri wrote: The plan is to have a Islamic State in Hyderabad and EJ state of AP. There is no other reason for the division of AP.
What's the total ej percentage in AP any estimates?
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Yagnasri wrote:But wish to clarify few things here.
Thanks saar, perceptive as usual. But do the common people realize these hidden motives behind the division? It's easy to sell it as a money-loss problem, while the real damage occurs elsewhere. To date, no one outside of BRF has called out the religious angle to the division. Heck, both KCR and CBN are seen to be pandering to certain elements by way of reservations, money, etc.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

arshyam wrote: Thanks saar, perceptive as usual. But do the common people realize these hidden motives behind the division? It's easy to sell it as a money-loss problem, while the real damage occurs elsewhere. To date, no one outside of BRF has called out the religious angle to the division. Heck, both KCR and CBN are seen to be pandering to certain elements by way of reservations, money, etc.
People in AP are much more oblivious to the issue than people in TN.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Maybe, but will that impact Jagan's chances?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

they had got equal 44% vote share in 2014 assembly election but TDP ended up with 100 seats and YSRC with 70.
wild cards like pawan kalyan and his fan clubs are said to shadow quad plays, who knows for whom.
gatbandhan is putting all its might behind naidu and Raga has already promised whatever UPA2 had vaguely promised and now the NYAY freebies.

undivided AP of old and TN are prone to massive swings one way or another. the swing away from TDP in 2004 for example and TN oscillates between granting absolute power to the DMK and AIADMK.

lot of seats are at stake in these two states. money will flow like water. mountains of crisp 2K notes and biryani packets must be lined up and the 'logistics' of moving this merchandize all worked out and stress tested. everyone from rural areas of these states who migrated to blr for service sector work will be going home to enjoy.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

arshyam wrote:Maybe, but will that impact Jagan's chances?
IMO, he'll be the next CM, even my right leaning all cognizant (about ej and all) friends for reasons known to them support him.
siddhu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by siddhu »

arshyam wrote:@siddhu, easy to for me to say what? I would urge to you to clear on what part of my post you are referring to, instead of urging me to discuss this and that.

I am an outsider, and still felt bad about the way the division was brought about, merits and demerits notwithstanding. I count a lot of friends from both AP and TS and have heard the pain from all. So it's not that easy for me to say. But the division did happen and is reality now whether we like it or not, and we have to see what to do next. If you want to dwell in the past, then why not dwell on why AP voted for Cong not once, but twice, and got the parting gift of the division later. That was not the BJP's or Modi's doing, was it? Modi is on the dot when asking for Congress-mukht Bharat, but we the people don't seem to agree. State after state goes back to the Congress knowing full well what they do, but we keep crying Mudi did this and that. Elections have consequences, and as a people, we have some responsibility ourselves.
The part where you say AP got everything and they should be happy with the scraps throw at them.
Not done by BJP, they were the main opposition at that time. They supported the bill.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

UlanBatori wrote:...
Also, someone take note of the rupee vs. Dollar. I think the rate has gone from 72 ... to 71.9?
UB ji,
Doing lot of shoot and scoot are we nowadin ?
Some congie will say:
When Modi got into office, INR was @60 Rs per USD now after 5 years INR fell to 69 Rs per USD! Modi is useless our economy is loosing competitiveness! etc
Reality:
This depreciation of Rupee vs USD is a fact but not the complete fact - USD is appreciating vs all major currencies due to Fed raising interest rates in US so its some local reason to US that USD is appreciating vs all currencies including India.

India's effective exchange rate with its trading partners is better reflected by REER as it is the weighted avg index of exchange rate of India's other major trading partners like China,Japan,southeastasia, gelf africa etc.

That steep rise of REER (the orange line) during NDA shows that India's economic competitiveness growing in the long term in Modi sarkar as opposed to UPA where the 10 years were squandered with corruption & inefficiency & REER index effectively flatlined between 2004 & 2014
https://www.dbs.com/aics/templatedata/a ... pected.xml
Last edited by Lilo on 01 Apr 2019 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

I believe in Karma , when people of Andhra elected likes of YSR at the helm with mafia queen's powers at the peak one has to then be ready for the consequences too . My theory is the hurry to divide the state was also a nice opportunity to cook the books and settle a lot of property/cash , obviously the common man on the street has suffered as a result of this but when you end up electing such people what can be done . Whether demarcation of boundaries and allocation of resources happened in a fair manner or not is not for me to comment upon however one consistent pattern is the state from which it is carved will always complain , it happened with Bihar-Jharkhan , MP-Chattisgarh and UP-UK, CBN had entire of Andhra under him at one time he should come to terms with the reality that he would have to do more with less.

When it comes to 'principles' the only way to argue this is either we agree that basis of discourse be based on what is in Nation's interest (needless to say that includes AP and Telangana) then we should talk about issues that affect the nation on a whole and not the state and hence this special status to AP or package are petty issues (there are other states asking for this too) ; however should you choose to limit the discourse to that level then let me ask this why would BJP care about a state that only gets it 1-2 seats ? I mean I might sound cold but one has to choose if this is about the country or the state because if it's about the former then CBN needs to simply place a bet as to in the long term does he see AP do much better with a NDA government or the UPA , I think most of us know the answer to the question, now whether CBN is really a good CM as many on this forum believe him to be or he is yet another 'damaad' trying to create a huge safety net for his future generations is something we will soon come to know.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

negi wrote:I believe in Karma , when people of Andhra elected likes of YSR at the helm with mafia queen's powers at the peak one has to then be ready for the consequences too . My theory is the hurry to divide the state was also a nice opportunity to cook the books and settle a lot of property/cash , obviously the common man on the street has suffered as a result of this but when you end up electing such people what can be done . Whether demarcation of boundaries and allocation of resources happened in a fair manner or not is not for me to comment upon however one consistent pattern is the state from which it is carved will always complain , it happened with Bihar-Jharkhan , MP-Chattisgarh and UP-UK, CBN had entire of Andhra under him at one time he should come to terms with the reality that he would have to do more with less.

When it comes to 'principles' the only way to argue this is either we agree that basis of discourse be based on what is in Nation's interest (needless to say that includes AP and Telangana) then we should talk about issues that affect the nation on a whole and not the state and hence this special status to AP or package are petty issues (there are other states asking for this too) ; however should you choose to limit the discourse to that level then let me ask this why would BJP care about a state that only gets it 1-2 seats ? I mean I might sound cold but one has to choose if this is about the country or the state because if it's about the former then CBN needs to simply place a bet as to in the long term does he see AP do much better with a NDA government or the UPA , I think most of us know the answer to the question, now whether CBN is really a good CM as many on this forum believe him to be or he is yet another 'damaad' trying to create a huge safety net for his future generations is something we will soon come to know.
Wonderful Post Negi. Karma or universal laws come into play once we make choices.
Kshmiri muslims keep electing terrorist loving lawmakers and in return keep suffering form never ending terror cycles.

I think the CBN whines too much and to threaten BJP or NM when they hardly have a nose in the AP game is stupid. Last time also, Chandranna messed up the mandate he had got and he is doing the same thing again. Imagine the plight of AP voters where they have to elect either CBN or Jagan.

Why are some posters crying that division of AP was against their wish. Don't you remember the days of monthly strikes in Telangana region and any division of the state has to be approved by the elected members.
I don't see Telangana folks crying hoarse over the division. I doubt if any state will ever get any kind of referendum option.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

siddhu wrote:
Singha wrote:You are right negi. When capital city centric models boom
Is the land mafia and political overlords who rake in quick gains whether its dlf noida blr or hyd has same pattern

If naidu had done good in telengana distts the separatist movement may have fizzled out
So you mean to say we haven't done any good in Kashmir and hence the separatist movements.
There were lots of factors mostly political including coummi which broke the state .
Also stop with your modi bhajan! Gujarat was put on world map because of 2002.
CBN developed Hyd. Everyone from all over the state invested in Hyd. Capital of a state is there for a reason.
Hyd is the only city where I didn't see bias towards outsiders, which is there in bang, chennai, mumbai, delhi ,most of the north India.
Which you are displaying here by being insensitive to the people of AP.
What load of crap. CBN developed Hyd no doubt but ignored rest to fthe state and thats exactly why he got kicked out of the power for 2 consecutive terms. Lord be praised that he will be ejected again.
Most of the capital cities get major chunk of investments, so Hyd getting invested wasn't a earth shattering event.
Naidu was obsessed with acting like CEO of Hyd in 90's and land grab during his era was fine tuned by YSR regime.
As far biases go, There is hardly any metro city in India where there are biases for outsiders anymore, least of all in Bang and Mumbai.
siddhu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by siddhu »

Vikas wrote:
siddhu wrote:
So you mean to say we haven't done any good in Kashmir and hence the separatist movements.
There were lots of factors mostly political including coummi which broke the state .
Also stop with your modi bhajan! Gujarat was put on world map because of 2002.
CBN developed Hyd. Everyone from all over the state invested in Hyd. Capital of a state is there for a reason.
Hyd is the only city where I didn't see bias towards outsiders, which is there in bang, chennai, mumbai, delhi ,most of the north India.
Which you are displaying here by being insensitive to the people of AP.
What load of crap. CBN developed Hyd no doubt but ignored rest to fthe state and thats exactly why he got kicked out of the power for 2 consecutive terms. Lord be praised that he will be ejected again.
Most of the capital cities get major chunk of investments, so Hyd getting invested wasn't a earth shattering event.
Naidu was obsessed with acting like CEO of Hyd in 90's and land grab during his era was fine tuned by YSR regime.
As far biases go, There is hardly any metro city in India where there are biases for outsiders anymore, least of all in Bang and Mumbai.
Whats your point?
siddhu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by siddhu »

Vikas wrote:
negi wrote:I believe in Karma , when people of Andhra elected likes of YSR at the helm with mafia queen's powers at the peak one has to then be ready for the consequences too . My theory is the hurry to divide the state was also a nice opportunity to cook the books and settle a lot of property/cash , obviously the common man on the street has suffered as a result of this but when you end up electing such people what can be done . Whether demarcation of boundaries and allocation of resources happened in a fair manner or not is not for me to comment upon however one consistent pattern is the state from which it is carved will always complain , it happened with Bihar-Jharkhan , MP-Chattisgarh and UP-UK, CBN had entire of Andhra under him at one time he should come to terms with the reality that he would have to do more with less.

Wonderful Post Negi. Karma or universal laws come into play once we make choices.
Kshmiri muslims keep electing terrorist loving lawmakers and in return keep suffering form never ending terror cycles.

I think the CBN whines too much and to threaten BJP or NM when they hardly have a nose in the AP game is stupid. Last time also, Chandranna messed up the mandate he had got and he is doing the same thing again. Imagine the plight of AP voters where they have to elect either CBN or Jagan.

Why are some posters crying that division of AP was against their wish. Don't you remember the days of monthly strikes in Telangana region and any division of the state has to be approved by the elected members.
I don't see Telangana folks crying hoarse over the division. I doubt if any state will ever get any kind of referendum option.
The division which took place was not transparent, there were promises made to AP by both BJP and congress after the divison.
Share Hyderabad as common capital and see if TS keeps quite.
As far as BJP goes it has not done anything special for AP.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

siddhu wrote:
arshyam wrote:@siddhu, easy to for me to say what? I would urge to you to clear on what part of my post you are referring to, instead of urging me to discuss this and that.

The part where you say AP got everything and they should be happy with the scraps throw at them.
Not done by BJP, they were the main opposition at that time. They supported the bill.
The special assistance budgetary numbers posted earlier don't look like scraps to me. But anyway, it seems to be an emotional argument for you, and no amount of data is going to win against emotions, so I am out of this discussion. In any case, looks like Jagan is going to win going by Karthik saar's post, so yet another Congress favour onlee. Just don't come and blame Modi after Jagan also does what Congress is known to do, with an ej twist.
kittoo
BRFite

Post by kittoo »

Karthik S wrote:
Yagnasri wrote: The plan is to have a Islamic State in Hyderabad and EJ state of AP. There is no other reason for the division of AP.
What's the total ej percentage in AP any estimates?
~25% would be my guess, assuming very few lower castes remaining in hindu fold and a few upper castes converting.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Facebook removes 687 pages linked to Congress for “coordinated inauthentic behaviour”

The Hindu
Facebook on Monday said it has removed 687 pages and accounts linked to individuals associated with an IT Cell of Congress party citing “coordinated inauthentic behaviour”
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Lilo wrote:
UlanBatori wrote:...
Also, someone take note of the rupee vs. Dollar. I think the rate has gone from 72 ... to 71.9?
UB ji,
Doing lot of shoot and scoot are we nowadin ?
Some congie will say:
When Modi got into office, INR was @60 Rs per USD now after 5 years INR fell to 69 Rs per USD! Modi is useless our economy is loosing competitiveness! etc
Reality:
This depreciation of Rupee vs USD is a fact but not the complete fact - USD is appreciating vs all major currencies due to Fed raising interest rates in US so its some local reason to US that USD is appreciating vs all currencies including India. India's effective exchange rate with its trading partners is better reflected by REER as it is the weighted avg index of exchange rate of India's other major trading partners like China,Japan,southeastasia, gelf africa etc. That steep rise of REER (the orange line) during NDA shows that India's economic competitiveness growing in the long term in Modi sarkar as opposed to UPA where the 10 years were squandered with corruption & inefficiency & REER index effectively flatlined between 2004 & 2014
https://www.dbs.com/aics/templatedata/a ... pected.xml
May your goats eat only brand-new Made In Pakistan 1000-rupee notes and not get poisoned by eating the pink NaMoDemo 2000-rupee notes.
Never heard of REER. Could someone pls post the chart of REER vs. time for INR and Renmimbi and Japanese Yen and Korean whatever and Singapore and Malaysia? I think I will omit PakTerroristrupee and BD and SL for now.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 01 Apr 2019 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

sudarshan wrote:
gakakkad wrote:How do I vote from the US ? In 2014 I had a chance to go back to India during election. But this time I can't . Can anyone post instructions ?
Seems we're out of luck here.

The Lok Sabha passed a bill to allow NRIs to vote by proxy. This bill was stopped at the Rajya Sabha.

As of now, postal voting and proxy voting is only available to military personnel abroad, and other restricted groups.

There is no option for NRIs other than going to India to vote. You can register online through the Election Commission website, but no online voting (wasn't really looking for this), no postal voting (would have been nice) or proxy voting (this would also have worked for me, but no luck). And I can't get to India in time :(.
:(( :(( I feel sad. Because I might have to naturalize for strat-e-jic reasons . I have been avoiding it all these years . Was hoping to vote for modi one last time.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

vimal wrote:@vijayk Can you post the details of "Grants-in-aid" for other states like UP, Bihar, TN, KA? It would be a good way to compare hard numbers instead of lifafa baji that is going on here. Also, this thread is getting a bit derailed by AP status issue.
I will give TN

https://www.prsindia.org/sites/default/ ... 019-20.pdf

As you can see TN got

14000 cr in 2017
25000 cr opposed to 20000 cr in 2018
25000 cr in 2019.

I don't think people should debate it. You like what you like. You love CBN. That is your view. I view him favorably over Jagan. But politicians lie all time. Here is the data to show you. If you discount it, that is your problem
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

OK, so I checked into REER. Strange! With 2005 set as "1", the US was at 104% in 2018, vs. India at 113. But in 2005 USD was 45 INR vs. around 70 in 2018. How does this work out? Seems like Madarssa Math 666 to me. :?: :?: Totally conphyoojed.

Interesting metric. Pakistan is better than USA!!! Take THAT Yankees!
UQ is way worse than Greece.
Venezuela is a good indicator of where Pakistan is aspiring to be. :eek: :shock:
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Dont mind lekin but Sitram Yehchury pain is much deeper than it appears on the surface.
I think its linked to China not the elections where CPM is a marginal player except in English Media and in Kerala.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Mods, isn't this thread headed the GDF? wasnt that proscribed during GDF closure?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

arshyam, Hence read Yagnasri's post and chart the way forward.
To me its defeat the TDP, delegitimize Jagan and Owaisi.

And that's Sunil Deodhar plan of actions.

During the division discussion RamaY did a political simulation and what was interesting was the convergence of Owaisi with TRS to gain power in the new state. Or would get close to Jagan in undivided state. And this simulation was done with public domain software(now taken off line) and am sure private software would have much more detailed analysis.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Guys how about we get off the Telugu states politics.
They won't be solved here and the elections there wont effect the all India results.
So no more Telugu politics.
i know the hurt and believe me it hurts me a lot more than most of you. But time to move on.
One more post on Naidu etc., you get banned.

vijayk, Thanks for answering with TN data but I wish you had said please go find the data as you have shown its value.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

UlanBatori wrote:OK, so I checked into REER. Strange! With 2005 set as "1", the US was at 104% in 2018, vs. India at 113. But in 2005 USD was 45 INR vs. around 70 in 2018. How does this work out? Seems like Madarssa Math 666 to me. :?: :?: Totally conphyoojed.

Interesting metric. Pakistan is better than USA!!! Take THAT Yankees!
UQ is way worse than Greece.
Venezuela is a good indicator of where Pakistan is aspiring to be. :eek: :shock:
Its eCONmics.
really based on purchasing power etc.

The recent $ vs INR exchange rate is due to strengthening of the $ due to measures taken by Feds.
Raising the interest rates made the $ valuable. But now they put a freeze on that for a year.

Listening to Bloomberg Radio helps.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Trikaal wrote:Anyone know why we aren't conducting simultaneous Lok Sabha and Assembly elections in J&K even though we are holding simultaneous elections in Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim? What is the logic or design behind this move?

GOI doesn't want local politics to influence the LS elections in J&K six seats.
Y I Patel
BRFite

Post by Y I Patel »

This time fate of modern India will be decided in West Bengal. Hope the good guys win this modern Battle of Pulashi.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Bihar : Sources in RJD :P indicate NDA is firmly pitched to win most of the seats in Bihar. In many places RJD contestants are not even covering door to door in central Bihar.
Nitish has done good development work on electrification & roads with help of center.

UP is dicey and going by many polls either BJP is perched between 40-45 seats. Caste arithmetic still rules in both UP & Bihar and in UP hatthi cycle has a small edge ! But Namo factor is likely to negate that.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

https://indianexpress.com/elections/ami ... a-5653371/
Tej Pratap Yadav launches ‘Lalu Rabri Morcha’ in Patna

after this Lalu has asked office to issue statement they have no other branch
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Commies are going after RaGa in Wynad: Former CM Achuthanandan, the most respected of the CPIM netas, called him a "baby still hacking away at the branch he's sitting on". And a top BeeJayPee neta is committing soosai attack by standing against RaGa, which will help CPIM win that seat. Wynad has ODI and 20-20 International Cricket, so not exactly the boonies that it was 40 years ago. Hope Smriti Mami kicks butt in Amethi.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

UlanBatori wrote:Commies are going after RaGa in Wynad: Former CM Achuthanandan, the most respected of the CPIM netas, called him a "baby still hacking away at the branch he's sitting on".
:lol: Mamata Banerjee had also dismissed him as a "kid" recently.
And a top BeeJayPee neta is committing soosai attack by standing against RaGa, which will help CPIM win that seat. Wynad has ODI and 20-20 International Cricket, so not exactly the boonies that it was 40 years ago. Hope Smriti Mami kicks butt in Amethi.
Wayanad seems to be a Congress stronghold, or am I mistaken? Once RaGa wins, he can ensure that it regresses to Amethi levels of poverty and deprivation.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

So basically ITALIAN dynasty used all the opposition to abuse Modi for 5 years and when it is time for election it dumped them like garbage bags and trying to crush them. All these trash bags helped to project PAPPU's lies. Hope they realize.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

^ Can you tweet that?
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

UlanBatori wrote:OK, so I checked into REER. Strange! With 2005 set as "1", the US was at 104% in 2018, vs. India at 113. But in 2005 USD was 45 INR vs. around 70 in 2018. How does this work out? Seems like Madarssa Math 666 to me. :?: :?: Totally conphyoojed.
See the table clearly - its not 1 , its 100.Hover the pointer there.

Methodology is described here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effective_exchange_rate
Effective exchange rates are useful for gauging whether a currency has appreciated overall relative to trading partners. For example, in 2015 the Chinese RMB depreciated about 8% against the US dollar. However, more of China's trade is with Asia and Europe than with the United States, and the dollar appreciated against those currencies. The net effect was that once weighted by trade shares the value of the Chinese currency actually appreciated approximately 10% relative to its trading partners
Last edited by Lilo on 02 Apr 2019 04:45, edited 3 times in total.
Skanda
BRFite

Post by Skanda »

UlanBatori wrote:Commies are going after RaGa in Wynad: Former CM Achuthanandan, the most respected of the CPIM netas, called him a "baby still hacking away at the branch he's sitting on".
Could be a fixed match too. All of these are providing optics. While they criticize Rahul, they are also saying, "Fight to uphold secularism and to defeat Modi". So everyone is playing the same tune, different raga.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

This time last elections, we were expecting around 220 seats max for BJP and perhaps 160 so Modi can't be the PM.
This time BJP by itself is expected to get more than 220 seats but the unease is much more. Congress has made it clear, that it won't hesitate to take India down to save the first family. NYAY is a surgical strike on our economy.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Looking at Wayanad history, INC candidate won in both 2014 and 2009. However the vote percentage for INC went down from 49 to 41, with CPI(M) improving from 31 to almost 39. BJP managed 8.8% in 2014, up from 3.8% in 2009. RaGa star power (for INC voters) will mean the voting percentage will tend to increase. RaGa will have it in the bag unless BJP manages to steal more votes from him rather than CPI(M). I don't know much about Kerala politics to say how likely or unlikely that is. UB and Dileep saars will know better.

Edit:
:eek:
Rahul Gandhi is Joining Hands With Muslim Fundamentalists in Wayanad, Says CPM
Taking on Gandhi, CPM state unit general secretary Kodiyeri Balakrishnan said, “In Wayanad, UDF ally Muslim League is more dominant than the Congress. The latter has also entered into a pact with the Jamaat-e-Islami and the Social Democratic Party of India (SDPI), the political wing of the Popular Front of India. Therefore, Rahul Gandhi is fighting the election as a joint candidate of the Congress, IUML, Jamaat and SDPI.”
Some people are learning new words
“The way to defeat communal BJP is not by joining hands with communal Muslims,” Balakrishnan said.
Tauba tauba
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

UB is Mongolian.
Why you want his take on Wayanad?
He will way lay you astray.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

https://indianexpress.com/article/opini ... y-5651767/
Based on our data, the good news for the Congress is Indian households are not as poor as they assume them to be. Only the poorest 10 per cent of Indian households, and not the poorest 20 per cent, earn less than Rs 12,000 per month. Their average income is Rs 9,500, not Rs 6,500 as assumed. The next richest 10 per cent earn about Rs 15,700 a month. Given decreasing family sizes, there are 30 million households in each slab, not 28 million.
To reach the target monthly income of Rs 12,000 per month, only 30 million households need a cash infusion and of only Rs 3,000 per month instead of the planned Rs 6,000. This slashes the money requirement to a quarter of what their plan assumes. Of course, the ability to identify these households, as has been pointed out several times, will need some serious work, but it is not impossible to find a set of household characteristics that act as a proxy for income.
The proportion of India’s poorest 10 per cent households present in a state to total households in that state is highest at 21 per cent of Jharkhand followed by 15 to 19 per cent of Bihar, West Bengal, Odisha and Madhya Pradesh, in that order. Surprisingly, it is only 12 per cent of UP, 13 per cent of Chhattisgarh, and 10 per cent of Rajasthan.
Data point for those who said AP was worse off by the partition.
In Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Gujarat the proportion is 5 per cent whereas it is 8 per cent of Telangana,
This is why Modi's proposal of transfer of 6K to 10 crore families of farmers with less than 5 acres is important.
Expectedly, 83 per cent of the poorest 10 per cent households live in underdeveloped rural areas, 11 per cent in big towns and adjoining villages.