Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Re: Operation Balakot: News & Discussion

Post by Chinmayanand »

Damn ! Now mango pakis are beginning to do chitrol on ISI guys in media. ISI is losing it .
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

Singha wrote:this was the banihal bomber ...

GAURAV C SAWANT

`A Muslim should live like Sultan Saladin Ayyubi (12th century Muslim military expedition hero who defeated Crusaders in a series of wars) Dignified life of few years is better than a jackal’s life of 100 years' Suicide note of the terrorist who chickened out. via @ahmedalifayyaz
so saladin lived long, spent most of his life in shia-sunni warfare (bulk of his fights were green on green) and the crusaders did best him a few times, despite his great victory at the horns of hattin, and in the end his green on green and family problems undid him...

sounds about right... :twisted:
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

Singha wrote:Abhishek Bhalla

@AbhishekBhalla7
17h17 hours ago
More
There has been massive deployment by Pakistan army in the forward areas over the last few weeks, according to recent intelligence assessments.

This comes particularly in the area falling under the Pakistan Army’s 4 Corps and 10 Corps.

Pakistan Army has enhanced mobilisation of its troops along Line of Control and the International Border along Punjab as it maintains a state of “operational readiness” amid frequent skirmishes with the Indian Forces.

Heavy artillery fire exchanged by both sides. Terror facilities have been targeted to ensure there is no infiltration: Sources

Breaking: Terror launch pads hit in PoK by Indian Army amid ceasefire violations to neutralise threat of raids by Border Action Teams comprising Pak army regulars and terrorists @IndiaToday
What is the role of their 4 Corps and 10 Corps? Is it defensive or offensive ?

-M
Y I Patel
BRFite

Post by Y I Patel »

Both 4 and 10 Corps are somewhat like what we used to previously call “holding” corps. They have adjacent areas of responsibility.

10 corps is their biggest and most vital corps. It is responsible for the entire PoK from Karakoram range to just about the boundary between Jammu and Indian Punjab.

4 corps sits just to the south of 10 corps and is responsible for defense of Sialkot- Lahore region.

Their strike corps in ARN would be reserve/offensive duties in the region south of pir panjal range ie jammu part of loc.
Y I Patel
BRFite

Post by Y I Patel »

I do not think the Akhnoor dagger poses any threat to India anymore- this is not the 70’s or 80’s when the only lifeline to J and K passed within arty shot of this dagger. Nowadays it is a convenient bulls eye area for Dhanush and Pinaka.

Which is why I would be very surprised if India did salami slicing close to Akhnoor. Other areas to the north of Akhnoor are far more attractive.
shaun
BRFite

Post by shaun »

This year , some 4 RISAT series satellites planned
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

good video on PAF AD system

schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Our CRPF or Army bus convoys that are not armoured should have an empty bus before and after the convoy so that in case or Pulwama type attack at front or rear, the real convoy is protected.

Is there a reason we don't do such a thing even after Pulwama?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

convoys are very long and pulwama kutta darted into middle from a side road.
its not simple like pilot engine on train moving ahead of real train.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

PAF fired 11 H4, 3 LGB and 4-5 AMRAAM. It is our sheer luck or absolute incompetence of PAF, that we had only one Mig21 lost!

Surely Pak must have expected all these to hit their target, causing major causalities/damages on Indian side. And India would have responded heavily. It was not like our "non-millitary business". It was all up military attack.

It gets me thinking, what was Pak's plan. Force India to chase PAF in to POK and set a trap? The declaration that the attack was "show of strength", not attack was to gain victim-hood.

But what was next?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Karthik S wrote:Something going on in Akhnoor ? baba and 1 other guy giving cryptic messages.
Our Gagan reports neck wrung.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

nam wrote: Surely Pak must have expected all these to hit their target, causing major causalities/damages on Indian side. And India would have responded heavily. It was not like our "non-millitary business". It was all up military attack.

It gets me thinking, what was Pak's plan. Force India to chase PAF in to POK and set a trap? The declaration that the attack was "show of strength", not attack was to gain victim-hood.

But what was next?
The "show of strength" nonsense was to cover up the incompetence. Otherwise H&D would have gone for a toss even inside pakiland. I do not think there was a long term plan. Most of the things they do is to save H&D by whatever means necessary.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

But, that does not explain how will H&D survive if India had decided to launch a full fledged air strike on Pak Military positions in retaliation?

Since India already attacked inside Pak proper, they have to assume the bombs will cause causalities and India will retaliate.

Were they ready for Indian response? I take they attacked J&K to try to limit Indian response to PoK.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

ramana wrote:
Karthik S wrote:Something going on in Akhnoor ? baba and 1 other guy giving cryptic messages.
Where. Don't see it.

Their tweets are cryptic because they don't know shit. Many such people act coy like these 2 3 guys here because they know someone in services. Apart from some rare exception, no serving personnel will share any juicy operation info. That too with a person sitting 100s of kms away with itchy internet fingers.

Of all the places, posters here should be a bit wary of falling for such Jahil Hamid type wishful fanboism.
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

jamwal wrote:
ramana wrote:
Where. Don't see it.

Their tweets are cryptic because they don't know shit.
+++1
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://sputniknews.com/asia/2019040310 ... shortening

Indian Army, Air Force, Navy Reportedly Ready to Strike Pakistan AGAIN

any credibility?
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

Looks like Pak planned to do what happened to WC Abhi on a larger scale. Plan must have been to force IAF to ingress in to PoK and spring ambush. Any PAF causalities could be hidden like they did with F16. They were preparing since 14 Feb, as IAF strike was expected.

The assumed target was Bhawalpur/Mudrike and wanted to shoot down IAF jets during this attempt. We got away with it. The 27th attack was again to pull IAF in to Pak airspace.

We controlled our response because there was no losses on ground. If there were large IA causalities, we would have gone in to PoK.

This was the plan for H&D
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

All the yahoos in Pak would have taken in to PAF TFTA after WC Abhi episode. I am expecting there will another terror attack soon to try the stunt again.

Yahoo must have assumed, we attack and PAF will respond back against India.

The recent attack was no amatuer attempt. There is definitely one more attack coming.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

Modi:
PM Narendra Modi in Gondia,Maharashtra: Some sitting in AC rooms in Delhi are saying 'its been long, people are now forgetting Balakot strike'. You tell me, have you forgotten? We have still not forgotten 1962 war,how will we forget Balakot?
Please decode :D
1962 ka badla Pakistan mein CPEC ke khilaf? If he is seriously hinting at something and not just trolling due to elections, it will be super interesting next 6 months!
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

vijayk wrote:https://sputniknews.com/asia/2019040310 ... shortening

any credibility?
I disagree with this no civilian casualties Dikat. Is it IAF’s fault that Pakistanis are housing terrorists among civilians?
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

In an official statement, such caveats have to be made. What happens on the ground is another matter. We know this as well as the US or Israelis or anyone else who adopts this kind of policy.
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

khan wrote:
vijayk wrote:https://sputniknews.com/asia/2019040310 ... shortening

any credibility?
I disagree with this no civilian casualties Dikat. Is it IAF’s fault that Pakistanis are housing terrorists among civilians?
Or he might be reminding people of who was in charge during the 1962 debacle. Subliminal message only or both..who knows.

-M
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

This means that anyone who is killed in the strikes is a non-civilian. Reasoning:

1. India only hit Non-Civilian Targets
2. U got killed
3. Therefore you are were a non-civilian. Tough.

Anyway who in Pakistan can be considered a "CIVIL" ian?

Have you heard anyone complaining about the Pesicide On The Hilltop? Thatis was a Non-Civilian Target. Given the number of uniformed PA killed there, it was also a Military Target.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

nam wrote:Looks like Pak planned to do what happened to WC Abhi on a larger scale. Plan must have been to force IAF to ingress in to PoK and spring ambush. Any PAF causalities could be hidden like they did with F16. They were preparing since 14 Feb, as IAF strike was expected.

The assumed target was Bhawalpur/Mudrike and wanted to shoot down IAF jets during this attempt. We got away with it. The 27th attack was again to pull IAF in to Pak airspace.

We controlled our response because there was no losses on ground. If there were large IA causalities, we would have gone in to PoK. This was the plan for H&D
This is exactly what I have been asking here... what was the Paki plan if they actually did meaningful damage to us... We would have been forced to respond, and it would not escalate to nuke levels. My hypothesis was that either the Pakis didn't think this through, or they never intended to cause us any damage worthy of retaliation, and I still feel the latter is a possibility. This very well explains the random release of missiles from within their side of the LoC, at the very edge of their envelopes where they would be rather easy to defeat. Wingco's hot pursuit was never part of the plan, and his capture and return gave them a huge face saver.
Davidrock
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Davidrock »

My opinion is India would have responded if WC AV was not captured. IK showed "good gesture" by releasing AV immediately and it would have left us in bad taste if we had responded after that.

Luck favoured them this time. Militarily it was success for us having achieved an F-16 kill. This is big, its like their Mirage 3 securing a Su-30 kill.
But because of the optics created by capture of AV, they got the limelight. But as time goes, and this becomes history, scores matter more than optics and we are well off with an 80km undetected strike vs 4km ingress beaten by disproportionate kill of F-16.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

nam wrote:PAF fired 11 H4, 3 LGB and 4-5 AMRAAM. It is our sheer luck or absolute incompetence of PAF, that we had only one Mig21 lost!
Why blame their luck when it was sheer incompetence of PAF. Their PN floats on AoA. Did you see the video several years back where a PN ship 'hits on' Indian warship and the beards on PN are shouting AoA all the time. Of course PAF is not too far behind.
ranneel
BRFite

Post by ranneel »

Davidrock wrote:My opinion is India would have responded if WC AV was not captured. IK showed "good gesture" by releasing AV immediately and it would have left us in bad taste if we had responded after that..
As I remember the events correctly, the "good gesture" was precipitated close to 5:00 p.m when the three chief of staffs were to give a press conference which was to be a declaration of war. Pakis realised that they could not afford this and gained so H&D with the MIG-21 down as well as capture of Abhinandan.
Arun.prabhu
BRFite

Post by Arun.prabhu »

They would have immediately appealed to Uncle Sam and their Chinese sugar daddy to intervene to deescalate the situation. They would have claimed victory, sunk Modi government and gotten away with killing our citizens. Remember that Imran Khan announced the release of Abhinandan just before the press conference by the triservice staff. It was clear that the situation was getting out of control by then and that was their face saving gesture.

The continued asskicking in the border exchanges since then is making them sing a different tune now. Apparently, they want peace now. With this govt, we’ll give them peace all right, but on our terms.
yensoy wrote:
nam wrote:Looks like Pak planned to do what happened to WC Abhi on a larger scale. Plan must have been to force IAF to ingress in to PoK and spring ambush. Any PAF causalities could be hidden like they did with F16. They were preparing since 14 Feb, as IAF strike was expected.

We controlled our response because there was no losses on ground. If there were large IA causalities, we would have gone in to PoK. This was the plan for H&D
This is exactly what I have been asking here... what was the Paki plan if they actually did meaningful damage to us... We would have been forced to respond, and it would not escalate to nuke levels. My hypothesis was that either the Pakis didn't think this through, or they never intended to cause us any damage worthy of retaliation, and I still feel the latter is a possibility. This very well explains the random release of missiles from within their side of the LoC, at the very edge of their envelopes where they would be rather easy to defeat. Wingco's hot pursuit was never part of the plan, and his capture and return gave them a huge face saver.
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

Singha wrote:Abhishek Bhalla
@AbhishekBhalla7
17h17 hours ago
More
There has been massive deployment by Pakistan army in the forward areas over the last few weeks, according to recent intelligence assessments.

This comes particularly in the area falling under the Pakistan Army’s 4 Corps and 10 Corps.
One line of thinking in Pakistan is that the civil unrest in J&K and the election turmoil in India gives them the right time for a blitzkrieg to annex J&K. Kargil too was done during a lame duck government.
Davidrock
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Davidrock »

ranneel wrote:
Davidrock wrote:My opinion is India would have responded if WC AV was not captured. IK showed "good gesture" by releasing AV immediately and it would have left us in bad taste if we had responded after that..
As I remember the events correctly, the "good gesture" was precipitated close to 5:00 p.m when the three chief of staffs were to give a press conference which was to be a declaration of war. Pakis realised that they could not afford this and gained so H&D with the MIG-21 down as well as capture of Abhinandan.
I don't think we were going to declare war, even if we were it would be declared after launching the offensive and not so polite declaration in the conference.

Either way full blown war is not what we want, but are prepared for. We will lose assets and China will be smiling.
This is the time of fourth generation warfare. Fund Baluch freedom struggle, squeeze their economic institutions, generate pakistani public opinion against their army and so many more options.

Strategic foresightedness with patience is required.
chandrasekaran
BRFite

Post by chandrasekaran »

blitzkrieg to annex J&K ? :rotfl:

Their economy, admitted by their own FM, is on the brink of bankruptcy. Of course, they may make a few noises here and there to shift the focus from the spiraling inflation and the shitty economic state, but I don't think they can sustain an offensive to take J&K. At best these brinkmanship's are aimed at another bailout package.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Paki Drone entered near Taran Taran, not sure if it was shot down

https://zeenews.india.com/india/pakista ... 92428.html
chetonzz
BRFite

Post by chetonzz »

Davidrock wrote:
ranneel wrote: As I remember the events correctly, the "good gesture" was precipitated close to 5:00 p.m when the three chief of staffs were to give a press conference which was to be a declaration of war. Pakis realised that they could not afford this and gained so H&D with the MIG-21 down as well as capture of Abhinandan.
I don't think we were going to declare war, even if we were it would be declared after launching the offensive and not so polite declaration in the conference.

Either way full blown war is not what we want, but are prepared for. We will lose assets and China will be smiling.
This is the time of fourth generation warfare. Fund Baluch freedom struggle, squeeze their economic institutions, generate pakistani public opinion against their army and so many more options.

as per 'chanakya'...when you are stronger than enemy crush him directly!

your option is better suited when the enemy is stronger than us...porkistan is following chanakya and i am sure if they were bigger country they would have followed above long before!
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

The only problem is we never setup MIC and equipped our Miltary appropriately, we have always as per certain Ideology kept our miltary strength at a minimum defensive operation. Even here we get stupid questions what next after splitting Pakistan, as a nation we need to focus on Training and equipment for 10-15 years to Overwhelm them and have a no contest war.
Davidrock
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Davidrock »

chetonzz wrote:
Davidrock wrote:

as per 'chanakya'...when you are stronger than enemy crush him directly!

your option is better suited when the enemy is stronger than us...porkistan is following chanakya and i am sure if they were bigger country they would have followed above long before!

There are two ways of doing it, attrition and manoeuvring. Well we are not strong enough to crush them in a full scale war because of the nukes. Otherwise we could have done it long back probably during kargil and divided them into two.

A day will come and we will have 100% defence to neutralize the nukes, then we should wage war to liberate balochistan.
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

chandrasekaran wrote:blitzkrieg to annex J&K ? :rotfl:

Their economy, admitted by their own FM, is on the brink of bankruptcy. Of course, they may make a few noises here and there to shift the focus from the spiraling inflation and the shitty economic state, but I don't think they can sustain an offensive to take J&K. At best these brinkmanship's are aimed at another bailout package.
Tribal mentality like Pakistanis dont care about own economy vis-a-vis territorial gains and economic exploitation of occupied territories.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

tsarkar wrote:
Tribal mentality like Pakistanis dont care about own economy vis-a-vis territorial gains and economic exploitation of occupied territories.
True, cannot rule out Paki misadventure ala Kargil. There is an article in IE by Ayesha Siddiqa where she says post Pulwama Indian offensive has united Pakistan with even PML(N) rallying behind military in Punjab. So GHQ can definitely try to do something stupid to keep Pakis united in these desperate times by thinking they will be able to pull off something like Wg Cmdr Abhi episode and force a deescalation with international help. However I hope Modi treats that as a golden opportunity to make irreversible gains in PoK. As per their own finance minister Sad Umar, the current state of economy is that it's either IMF or bankruptcy. They are at their weakest. US is also not interested in stopping India like it did post 26/11. All stars are aligned. Once in a generation opportunity. With blessings from babaji, it can be done. Go for it, Modiji.
chandrasekaran
BRFite

Post by chandrasekaran »

Kargil had an element of surprise. Here we are talking about a situation where IA and the IAF in full alert. We have already shown that we have no qualms about crossing into their border and hitting them whereas during kargil we made a self imposed lakshman rekha not to cross the LoC. India today is a lot different than those years.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Pakistan government and large of its Government are gamblers and risk takers, closely behave like Nazis. As they have shown, they will always take a risk till the loss is soo bad they can no longer hide it.
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

Aditya_V wrote:Pakistan government and large of its Government are gamblers and risk takers
Yes. And they dont give shit to economy or Indus Water. Their leadership's money is safe in UK, UAE, KSA. The rest of Pakistan can go waste like Somalia while they bask in the glory of waging jehad.

Its foolish on our part to think their economy will stop them from misadventures. Tribals dont care for these things vis-a-vis glory of Jehad.