2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Primus
BRFite

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by Primus »

There is a video going around on WA, I am unable to link to it here as I don't know the original source. It is taken by somebody's phone and shows a bunch of people wearing skull caps praying in a circle with hands raised in the classic posture of a supplicant. Includes RaGa and Ghulam Nabi Azad. At one point an old man starts to ask for blessings from Allah. He keeps repeating he is not asking for 'quwwat' (?force or strength) but for the promise that was made when Islam first came to Hindustan. Clearly asks for 'butparasti Hindustan se khatam ho jaye' (May idol worship be completely gone from India). IOW, Ghazwa-e-Hind. Meanwhile RaGa continues to stand and listen to this with his hands raised as if in agreement.

If true, such a video in any other nation would finish off the candidate pretending to be a 'janeyudhari Brahmin'. Don't know why it hasn't become viral on Youtube yet.

Addendum: UB Ji mentions this in the other thread. Don't know if this is the same one he is referring to.

Found it:

Last edited by Primus on 10 Apr 2019 03:24, edited 1 time in total.
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

Primus wrote:There is a video going around on WA, I am unable to link to it here as I don't know the original source. It is taken by somebody's phone and shows a bunch of people wearing skull caps praying in a circle with hands raised in the classic posture of a supplicant. Includes RaGa and Ghulam Nabi Azad. At one point an old man starts to ask for blessings from Allah. He keeps repeating he is not asking for 'quwwat' (?force or strength) but for the promise that was made when Islam first came to Hindustan. Clearly asks for 'butparasti Hindustan se khatam ho jaye' (May idol worship be completely gone from India). IOW, Ghazwa-e-Hind. Meanwhile RaGa continues to stand and listen to this with his hands raised as if in agreement.

If true, such a video in any other nation would finish off the candidate pretending to be a 'janeyudhari Brahmin'. Don't know why it hasn't become viral on Youtube yet.

Addendum: UB Ji mentions this in the other thread. Don't know if this is the same one he is referring to.

WTH - are you for real? Any way to share this video?
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

this was all over WhatsApp. But most BIF & CON supporters ignore it
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Mukesh Kumar and anyone else,
its better not to bring every report here and post asking if they are true.

Folks questioning EVMS will be futile after the three states that BJP lost which Congress won.
So no more posts on that line.

vijayk and ShyamSP lets not get into a slanging match.
I long back said not to discuss AP politics here.

here is the link from 1 April 2019

viewtopic.php?p=2339229#p2339229
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Raveen wrote: WTH - are you for real? Any way to share this video?
Twitter is the best way. Swarajyamag or Opindia might pick it up after they do their due diligence and confirm authenticity.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

ShyamSP wrote:
williams wrote:In TN BJP joining with ADMK is a big mistake. If they could have gone alone. I am pretty sure BJP can gain another 4-5 seats in the urban constituency. A lot of younger voters will lean BJP for sure.
After Anna and MGR, Amma held control of the party. Now AIADMK has weak leadership with no strong ideologues to carry on the party the same way. BJP is waiting to pick up some crumbs as the *MK parties are crumbling as the real ideologues are all gone. AIADMK has 39 seats and might lose half to DMK but still BJP is no way of picking meaningful numbers for another 10 years.
That should be OK. BJP has to win just one more election in those ten years apart from this one.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

Primus wrote:There is a video going around on WA, I am unable to link to it here as I don't know the original source. It is taken by somebody's phone and shows a bunch of people wearing skull caps praying in a circle with hands raised in the classic posture of a supplicant. Includes RaGa and Ghulam Nabi Azad. At one point an old man starts to ask for blessings from Allah. He keeps repeating he is not asking for 'quwwat' (?force or strength) but for the promise that was made when Islam first came to Hindustan. Clearly asks for 'butparasti Hindustan se khatam ho jaye' (May idol worship be completely gone from India). IOW, Ghazwa-e-Hind. Meanwhile RaGa continues to stand and listen to this with his hands raised as if in agreement.

Found it:

Send it to arnab . He ll make sure more people know about it.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

ramana wrote:Mukesh Kumar and anyone else,

Folks questioning EVMS will be futile after the three states that BJP lost which Congress won.

Ramana, EVMs may be alright with respect to technical hacking but election process loopholes are there. Recently when caught, EC acknowledged that they deleted some 3 lakh voters in Telangana. Old style booth capturing has also come into vogue.

Sorry I was contextualizing to whole nation based on observations in AP as I don't have bandwidth to dig deeper in other states. That EC and IT are subverted is something observed in other states too.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ele ... 797267.cms
The Supreme Court on Monday directed the EC to increase the random matching of paper trail machine slips with
EVM results from one to five polling booths in each assembly segment for the multi-phase Lok Sabha polls starting
Thursday.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

ShyamSP wrote:Ramana, EVMs may be alright with respect to technical hacking but election process loopholes are there. Recently when caught, EC acknowledged that they deleted some 3 lakh voters in Telangana. Old style booth capturing has also come into vogue.

Sorry I was contextualizing to whole nation based on observations in AP as I don't have bandwidth to dig deeper in other states. That EC and IT are subverted is something observed in other states too.
You have been trolling in this thread. You specifically stated "IT and EC both are heavily compromised" .

You were offered a very gentle reminder to cease and desist from such rumor mongering. Next instance will earn a ban until after elections.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Deleted.
Last edited by Suraj on 10 Apr 2019 06:28, edited 1 time in total.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

One question - Did anyone here found many people saying that they will vote for Congress or its B teams? I did not. But my circle is rather small. Not a proper way to examine peoples view but we can just see what people thinking.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

UBCN was reporting what had come around on WhatsApp/YouTube video. That was described as calling for partition of India, not about ending idol worship.

I wonder how RaGaji survives if Idol Worship is ended. :mrgreen:
Theeran
BRFite

Post by Theeran »

Yagnasri wrote:One question - Did anyone here found many people saying that they will vote for Congress or its B teams? I did not. But my circle is rather small. Not a proper way to examine peoples view but we can just see what people thinking.
Hearing more than usual DMK/CPM rumbling in CBE area of TN. Say Modi and get bombarded with gst and demonetization.
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

UlanBatori wrote:

I wonder how RaGaji survives if Idol Worship is ended. :mrgreen:
You mean idiot worship
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

Raga is clueless what the old man is saying.

The non BJP folks rely on ghettoization of muslims for creation of vote banks favorable to them.

In the future, BJP needs to start an outreach to minorities, even refugees. They need to be scatter these guys with jobs and upward mobility rather than commiserating and clustering in ghettos.

Sure some may still get radicalized but the incidences will be lower.
They have to catch them before people like JehaDidi get her dirty fingers on them.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

:rotfl:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

banrjeer wrote: In the future, BJP needs to start an outreach to minorities, even refugees. They need to be scatter these guys with jobs and upward mobility rather than commiserating and clustering in ghettos. Sure some may still get radicalized but the incidences will be lower.
They have to catch them before people like JehaDidi get her dirty fingers on them.
The Bengalis ( probably BD ppl) working as migrant laborers in Malloostan are waaaay more hard-working and conscientious than any Malloo workers their age - if one can even find those.
Bengali migrant workers in Malloostan : Malloo workers in Malloostan == Mallo migrant workers in Gelf/Saudi : Locals in Gelf/Saudi
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

"Bengali migrant workers in Malloostan : Malloo workers in Malloostan == Mallo migrant workers in Gelf/Saudi"

Yes, It's a dress rehearsal for what will happen with the eventual rupture of Pigistan. India needs a working model and should not get caught unawares. The upper hand has to be with the nationalists not the retards. Otherwise we are toast. people like CBN need to learn that their wealth, brand and credit rating are tied to a strong union and common market not retarded bickering.

Simplest examples US vs EU dollar vs euro/brexit.

How many tech giants have come from fragmented Europe?

Also let's compare US and Canada. The main difference is that one of them stepped up hugely starting from the first world war (Woodrow Wilson, the new deal, war bonds becoming the treasury notes that even the Chinese bank on when they colonize africa). It's prime mover advantage that somehow the Babus also need to take.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Why do Hindu politicians (or even general public) has this itch to raise their hands like a Muslim when Islamic prayers are being recited. Just be respectful and leave it at that or leave the place.

I personally find that predictions about polls on BRF mostly accurate and almost in the ball park (unless hit by UP 2017 like event).
So I will swallow the bait and go with 300-310 seats for NDA in this election which appears to be the general drift.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Ramanaji, I will defer to your point. Maybe better place would be the Information Warfare dhaga. But since it's here already, let me press on with what I needed with your indulgence. How do I counter this one? Since last night I saw this post garner many shares. Generally, fence-sitters, who are there are getting swayed. Any help would be really appreciated.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Raveen wrote:

Nope he is saying "firka parasti" khatam ho jaye not "Butparasti"
Shivaji
BRFite

Post by Shivaji »

Mukesh.Kumar wrote:

Ramanaji, I will defer to your point. Maybe better place would be the Information Warfare dhaga. But since it's here already, let me press on with what I needed with your indulgence. How do I counter this one? Since last night I saw this post garner many shares. Generally, fence-sitters, who are there are getting swayed. Any help would be really appreciated.
In my opinion, people can very well correlate these things as election time gimmick by opposition. What I see from my interactions is that whatsoever Opposition tries to make Modi ji look corrupt, people are not buying it. He has earned that faith of Indian junta.

When such things appear on my whatsapp groups (I am from Maharashtra), I just ask them "why this disclosure now". And then other real fence sitters themselves come forward to shut those accusing corruption by this government.

Few things what I heard from my interactions with people:
1. Middle class is solidly behind Modi ji irrespective of caste. I will not say religion. In Maharashtra, Maratha caste traditionally votes for Congress / NCP. However, middle class Marathas are strongly supporting Modi ji.
2. Women are supporting Modi ji. I overheard a conversation between a group while travelling from Mumbai to Pune. In a group of around 8 people, only one was vociferously supporting Congress. 2-3 ladies were strongly supporting Modi ji and other gents were getting in and out of conversation but tone was Modi is good.
3. I was driving with my Father in law who is Congress supporter and 3 ladies in family. When FIL started criticising Modi ji, ladies spontaneously supported Modi government.
4. Had interacted with a staunch Congress supporter from Pune and he informed that people are in favour of giving one more term to Modi.

Will be travelling to native place to cast votes next week. Will be giving any inputs I have on thinking of rural Maharashtra..

People (at least in urban Maharashtra) are talking about:
1. How entire opposition is united to defeat one man. So he must be doing something good.
2. People are sceptical about Congress's ability to deliver promises including Nyay
3. Modi government is seen to be the one who delivers what it promises.
4. Balakot is distant memory now as far as common folks are concerned. It has just reinforced their belief in Modi as decision maker. So Balakot impact is not via punishment to Pakistan but as Modi makes decisions for betterment...
5. National security as poll plank is accepted by public till now, but it is entering zone of diminishing returns. Focus to development theme is very much necessary.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Mukesh.Kumar wrote:Ramanaji, I will defer to your point. Maybe better place would be the Information Warfare dhaga. But since it's here already, let me press on with what I needed with your indulgence. How do I counter this one? Since last night I saw this post garner many shares. Generally, fence-sitters, who are there are getting swayed. Any help would be really appreciated.
You've already failed in your handling of something on the lines of information warfare I'm afraid. What you posted was quite frankly rather fantastic nonsense. I'm not accusing you - just saying that's what it is.

The problem here is on multiple levels : a) inability to treat it as the garbage it is b) figure out how to counter garbage with garbage of your own creation . About the worst thing you can do is ask 'OMG, is this true ?' The reason is that you're turning your negative energy, confusion , demoralization or fear towards your own side, compelling THEM to respond to you and assuage your thoughts. Your efforts should be focused on either keeping the morale of the fort up, or bringing down that of the other side, or both. But most certainly, not on directing it on your own side.

These are election times. Every side will propagate dirty stories to try and discourage the other side, confuse them, or simply discredit the leaders. Don't be the next node in propagating that forward. Be the one creating FUD for the other side to hurriedly deal with.
jaysimha
BRFite

Post by jaysimha »

Election Commission PIB publications
http://pib.nic.in/newsite/pmreleases.aspx?mincode=35
jaysimha
BRFite

Post by jaysimha »

Hitopadesha from Vice president on the eve of elections

Vote is a Pious Responsibility: Vice President
Exercise it to improve quality of the polity, strengthen democracy and build glorious future for individuals and nation; Don’t let the moment pass: Pause and ponder, assess and act;

http://pib.nic.in/newsite/pmreleases.aspx?mincode=2
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Manish_Sharma wrote:
Raveen wrote:
Nope he is saying "firka parasti" khatam ho jaye not "Butparasti"
Mullah is saying "Peetthar Parasti khatam ho jaye Hindustan se" at 0:34 in the video - peetthar in that context i assume is a unique to dialect pronunciation of "patthar" which means "stone".

As the Mullah was praying for "stone worshipping" Hinduism to end in Hindustan as others say"ameen" , the socalled "janeudhari" Rahul Gandhi wearing a skullcap standind beside him is seen solemnly putting up his hands in the supplicant dua pose for Allah.

The mullah is also saying - that Foreign "invaders" brought Love, "Good message" to this (Jaahil) land and established Sultanat. That period should return.

Congie leader Gulab Nabi Azad is also seen in the clip, standing beside the Mullah looking down shocked almost - he had the basic smarts to not keep his hands in a supplicant(dua) pose while the Mullah is publicly leaking congress party's agenda for Hinduism :lol:.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

he is saying firqa parast which is erdoo for sectarian/communal.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Lilo wrote:
Mullah is saying "Peetthar Parasti khatam ho jaye Hindustan se" at 0:34 in the video - peetthar in that context i assume is a unique to dialect pronunciation of "patthar" which means "stone".

As the Mullah was praying for "stone worshipping" Hinduism to end in Hindustan as others say"ameen" , the socalled "janeudhari" Rahul Gandhi wearing a skullcap standind beside him is seen solemnly putting up his hands in the supplicant dua pose for Allah.

The mullah is also saying - that Foreign "invaders" brought Love, "Good message" to this (Jaahil) land and established Sultanat. That period should return.

Congie leader Gulab Nabi Azad is also seen in the clip, standing beside the Mullah looking down shocked almost - he had the basic smarts to not keep his hands in a supplicant(dua) pose while the Mullah is publicly leaking congress party's agenda for Hinduism
:lol:.
Lilo ji there's no word "peethar" in urdu-hindi mix language.

I have shared this video with criticism of Raul-gulamnabi-mullah agenda loosely on lines of you BOLDED-UNDERLINED points....

Otherwise it will be big defensive points for BIF to bogg this down to "firkaparasti vs xyz"

That they consider this nation as barbarians before invaders came... with approval of rahul and nabi azad should be highlighted
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Suraj wrote:
Mukesh.Kumar wrote:Ramanaji, I will defer to your point. Maybe better place would be the Information Warfare dhaga. But since it's here already, let me press on with what I needed with your indulgence. How do I counter this one? Since last night I saw this post garner many shares. Generally, fence-sitters, who are there are getting swayed. Any help would be really appreciated.
You've already failed in your handling of something on the lines of information warfare I'm afraid. What you posted was quite frankly rather fantastic nonsense. I'm not accusing you - just saying that's what it is.

The problem here is on multiple levels : a) inability to treat it as the garbage it is b) figure out how to counter garbage with garbage of your own creation . About the worst thing you can do is ask 'OMG, is this true ?' The reason is that you're turning your negative energy, confusion , demoralization or fear towards your own side, compelling THEM to respond to you and assuage your thoughts. Your efforts should be focused on either keeping the morale of the fort up, or bringing down that of the other side, or both. But most certainly, not on directing it on your own side.

These are election times. Every side will propagate dirty stories to try and discourage the other side, confuse them, or simply discredit the leaders. Don't be the next node in propagating that forward. Be the one creating FUD for the other side to hurriedly deal with.
Suraj-san, thank you for this. Appreciated. I guess the problem is i try to question this on logic, get stuck and get frustrated.

Refresher internalized.

Jingo rejoining battle in 3, 2.1...
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Nitpicking but Why RG has to wear a skull cap in the above video while Ghulam has tied a handkerchief around his forehead while most of the guys around are without any cap.
I don't think RG would have understood even a single word of what that Mullah is saying.

Meanwhile in Looyens La-la Land, Kamalnath and family has assets over 780 Crores. What exactly were they doing to make this kind of money.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-ne ... F1cFK.html
Son Nakul Nath, in his affidavit, said he and his wife Priya had moveable property of Rs 618.23 crore
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Vikas wrote:Nitpicking but Why RG has to wear a skull cap in the above video while Ghulam has tied a handkerchief around his forehead while most of the guys around are without any cap.
I don't think RG would have understood even a single word of what that Mullah is saying.

Meanwhile in Looyens La-la Land, Kamalnath and family has assets over 780 Crores. What exactly were they doing to make this kind of money.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-ne ... F1cFK.html
Son Nakul Nath, in his affidavit, said he and his wife Priya had moveable property of Rs 618.23 crore
They are now atleast reporting 0.5% of wealth- what is managed in GFC London etc left out, ever heard of Vyapam, Coal Scam - where low Govt officials have been convicted, Urea subsidies, 2G scam etc.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Approach to Kashmir & Internal security

via @the_truepicture
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Manish_Sharma wrote:
Lilo wrote:

Congie leader Gulab Nabi Azad is also seen in the clip, standing beside the Mullah looking down shocked almost - he had the basic smarts to not keep his hands in a supplicant(dua) pose while the Mullah is publicly leaking congress party's agenda for Hinduism
:lol:.
Lilo ji there's no word "peethar" in urdu-hindi mix language.

I have shared this video with criticism of Raul-gulamnabi-mullah agenda loosely on lines of you BOLDED-UNDERLINED points....

Otherwise it will be big defensive points for BIF to bogg this down to "firkaparasti vs xyz"

That they consider this nation as barbarians before invaders came... with approval of rahul and nabi azad should be highlighted
Manish Ji, your point is very valid. I listened to the video at slow speed and it does sound like he is saying 'firqa-parasti khatam ho jaye' to which the others respond with 'Ameen' and then he says something else in the next sentence which is lost in the poor audio. However the video is heavily edited and it is difficult to know what else was said.

I still feel this video should be seen by all Hindus because it does highlight the duplicity of the Congress leader claiming janeyudhari status and visiting temples and then wearing a skull cap and praying with muslims (the first part of the video is clearly an Islamic prayer).

However, I do agree that it should not be labeled or forwarded as prayers for the 'death' of Hindus, although the messaging is obvious, the Maulana is asking for the nation to be filled with the message of 'peace' (he uses the word 'amna'), which is code for Islam.

Addendum:

This was debunked before, it is an old video from 2016. The messaging is subtle and to my mind (we all suffer from confirmation bias :mrgreen: ) it is still a call for the establishment of the RoP in India.

https://www.boomlive.in/old-video-of-ra ... unal-spin/
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

jaysimha wrote:Hitopadesha from Vice president on the eve of elections

Vote is a Pious Responsibility: Vice President
Exercise it to improve quality of the polity, strengthen democracy and build glorious future for individuals and nation; Don’t let the moment pass: Pause and ponder, assess and act;

http://pib.nic.in/newsite/pmreleases.aspx?mincode=2

I will resist my temptation for a repartee to MVN.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

If I had video studio I would have a clip produced.

Scene J&K.
Stone pelter readies a stone to throw at a CRPF constable.
CRPF raises his rifle.
Activist rushes in and takes a calipers to measure the diameter of stone.
Decides its less than SC guidelines on what is an allowable stone to be pelted!
SC had given judgement that stones of certain size are allowed but nor rocks.

(They want their SPG protections after all for the atrocious judgments given)
Admonishes the constable for violating human rights of the stone pelter.

Close enough cartoon.

https://twitter.com/singhpsoniyoo/statu ... 38496?s=19
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

vijayk wrote:http://www.elections.in/exit-poll.html (Its opinion poll)

@iamiconoclast prediction - Reasonably good

BJP 271 NDA 336
CON 66 UPA 97
I think we need Dilbu saar to give us the right numbers :D

Seriously though, I don't see 2019 as a cake walk for the BJP. Reality would be very close to the numbers for BJP in 2014 if not a bit less, although I do see them forming the government if it is less that the magic number.

-M
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Mihaylo wrote:
vijayk wrote:http://www.elections.in/exit-poll.html (Its opinion poll)

@iamiconoclast prediction - Reasonably good

BJP 271 NDA 336
CON 66 UPA 97
I think we need Dilbu saar to give us the right numbers :D

Seriously though, I don't see 2019 as a cake walk for the BJP. Reality would be very close to the numbers for BJP in 2014 if not a bit less, although I do see them forming the government if it is less that the magic number.

-M

In fond memory of Dilbuji.

NDA will lose onlee. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

If Dilbu doesn't show up and perform anti-jinx, we know who to blame if things go wrong.