Pakistani Economic Stress Watch

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Katare
BRF Oldie

Re: Pakistani Economic Stress Watch

Post by Katare »

Bart S wrote:That he is a grade A moron and incapable of delivering in that role is a given, but he is basically being made a scapegoat for the wider failures and failed promises of firstly Dimran and his PTI, and secondly the 'establishment' who selected them.
His media interview bloopers aside, he was transforming Paki economy for real by taking tough decisions that no one else would. Paki being Paki, can't see beyond short term tactical brilliances, decided to shoot their own feet. Next FM (most likely a Salwar Kamize wala) would have to take a u turn (real or fake) which would be called a course correction. If the next FM stays on the path of Asad Umar than, IK simply sacrificed him to create a little bit of political space for his Govt.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

habal wrote:Omer Ayub Khan, grandson of Field Marshal Ayub Khan takes over from Asad Umar, son of Maj Gen Ghulam Umar as Finance Minister of Pakistan
The more some things change, the more they remain the same.
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

habal wrote:Omer Ayub Khan, grandson of Field Marshal Ayub Khan takes over from Asad Umar, son of Maj Gen Ghulam Umar as Finance Minister of Pakistan
Saab thoda apna source bhi bata diya Karen? Why people write one line of information without specifying if it's a guess, rumor, seen on tv, twitter or a joke?
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

Katare wrote:His media interview bloopers aside, he was transforming Paki economy for real by taking tough decisions that no one else would.
He was doing no such thing. He has a track record of failure in business, why would managing the nation's economy be any different? He was a glib talker, often (as many of them do) trying to talk down to questions by giving random analogies. Admittedly, his freedoms were limited - there is little you can do to right the ship if it has a huge hole in its hull that nobody is willing to fix (defence expenditure). But his own pompousness did him in - note his claims that the IMF deal was set, then changed to it was almost done with only some details remaining. The reality is that IMF is probably still in early stages of understanding how dead this donkey is.

IK should ask the Faujis to give their best brains to run the country, because it is they who are leeching off it and have been doing so for 50+ years now.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

If I were Sad Umar, I would consider this a blessing in disguise and take the next PIA flight out to Bartania and never come back. Things are about to get ugly.
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

Who cares but what failure? You can always find failures and successes in a long career. Neither do I know or believe that he would have been successful in transforming Pakistan's economy. Although he did take very tough decisions that regular Pakistani leaders solve by kicking the can down the road.

Anyhow, I didn't know or cared for anything in his past. I was just astonished that he was able to take so many commonsense decisions in the land of lahowri logic and no-sense. His acts were delaying but now his departure will hasten the manifest destiny of Pakistan - implosion into several baby sized Pakistans.

This is an article published in 2012, before he entered into politics, when he retired at the age of 50. Seems pretty positive......

Corporate titan: After 27 years at Engro, Asad Umar calls it a day
Small wonder, then, that Dawood was effusive in his praise of Umar when announcing the departure to the company’s employees, noting that under his leadership, Engro’s revenues had grown from just Rs13 billion in 2004 to Rs114 billion in 2011, growing at an annualised rate of nearly 36.4%. (Inflation during that time averaged 12.6% per year.)

Even within the core fertiliser business, Umar took Engro from being a local player to a globally competitive one, leading the firm into the $1.1 billion project that set up the world’s largest single-train urea manufacturing plant in Pakistan.
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

partha wrote:If I were Sad Umar, I would consider this a blessing in disguise and take the next PIA flight out to Bartania and never come back. Things are about to get ugly.
Exactly, that's why he refused the power portfolio, if you believe he isn't lying like a good TFTA puke.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

S&P BSE SENSEX

Index Current : 39,140.28 - Pt. Change : -135.36 - % Change : -0.34%

Market Capitalization of BSE Listed Co. (Rs.Cr.) : 1,53,53,416.71 - $ 1 / I R : 69.4450

Market Capitalization of BSE Listed Co. (U S $.) : 2,210.87 Billion

P S E

Index Current : 36811.86 - Pt. Change : +59.29 - % Change : +0.16%

Market Capitalization of BSE Listed Co. (Rs.Tr.) : 7,484,732,367,721 - $ 1 / I R : 142.00

Market Capitalization of BSE Listed Co. (U S $.) : 52.71 Billion

BSE : P S E : : 41.94 : 1

Cheers Image
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

So the civilian offspring of the Pakfauj proves to be as useless as the 'martial' parents/grandparents. Honorable mention to the nephew of AK Niazi of course.
Last edited by Bart S on 18 Apr 2019 23:48, edited 1 time in total.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Katare wrote:
Bart S wrote:That he is a grade A moron and incapable of delivering in that role is a given, but he is basically being made a scapegoat for the wider failures and failed promises of firstly Dimran and his PTI, and secondly the 'establishment' who selected them.
His media interview bloopers aside, he was transforming Paki economy for real by taking tough decisions that no one else would. Paki being Paki, can't see beyond short term tactical brilliances, decided to shoot their own feet. Next FM (most likely a Salwar Kamize wala) would have to take a u turn (real or fake) which would be called a course correction. If the next FM stays on the path of Asad Umar than, IK simply sacrificed him to create a little bit of political space for his Govt.
I would have to disagree with that. He was great at talking but the 'reform' that he did was just a tiny fraction of what was required, was nothing original and was mostly foisted on him by the IMF. He actually messed up their economy further by delaying the act of going to the IMF so far.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

yensoy wrote:He was a glib talker, often (as many of them do) trying to talk down to questions by giving random analogies. Admittedly, his freedoms were limited - there is little you can do to right the ship if it has a huge hole in its hull that nobody is willing to fix (defence expenditure). But his own pompousness did him in
Exactly. For a person who is not one of the dumb Paki awam (for whom it is probably a plus point) listening to him speak, he comes off clearly as a 'fake it till you make it' type person, applying that strategy to a situation that had absolutely no upside for him or for his country.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Katare wrote:Who cares but what failure? You can always find failures and successes in a long career. Neither do I know or believe that he would have been successful in transforming Pakistan's economy. Although he did take very tough decisions that regular Pakistani leaders solve by kicking the can down the road.

Anyhow, I didn't know or cared for anything in his past. I was just astonished that he was able to take so many commonsense decisions in the land of lahowri logic and no-sense. His acts were delaying but now his departure will hasten the manifest destiny of Pakistan - implosion into several baby sized Pakistans.

This is an article published in 2012, before he entered into politics, when he retired at the age of 50. Seems pretty positive......

Corporate titan: After 27 years at Engro, Asad Umar calls it a day
Small wonder, then, that Dawood was effusive in his praise of Umar when announcing the departure to the company’s employees, noting that under his leadership, Engro’s revenues had grown from just Rs13 billion in 2004 to Rs114 billion in 2011, growing at an annualised rate of nearly 36.4%. (Inflation during that time averaged 12.6% per year.)

Even within the core fertiliser business, Umar took Engro from being a local player to a globally competitive one, leading the firm into the $1.1 billion project that set up the world’s largest single-train urea manufacturing plant in Pakistan.
Not sure who wrote that article, but he almost bankrupted Engro and the dire state was discovered only after he had conveniently left or just before.

Here is a counter-view to that glowing article above:
https://herald.dawn.com/news/1398728
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

I am relieved that Sad Umar is gone. Like Katare saab said, he was actually on the right track and his actions were plugging the holes in the sinking ship even if the pakis were too stupid to understand. I hope the new guy is more on the lines of Ishaq Dar and takes the paki economy deeper into pakistaniyat while the paki elites hail him as the new Mahdi.
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

Exactly, Pakistaniyat and ideology of Pakistan itself comes in their way outta the hole that they have got themselves into.

The way I look at it is that country have had a pretty lucky streak in the last 60 years. One or the other global event have always allowed them to claw their way back from the brink again and again. This time they are stuck real deep, I don't want no successful or unsuccessful CEO to delay the process again. That's all!
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

Bart S wrote:Not sure who wrote that article, but he almost bankrupted Engro and the dire state was discovered only after he had conveniently left or just before.

Here is a counter-view to that glowing article above:
https://herald.dawn.com/news/1398728
Also scan https://www.quora.com/How-Big-A-Disaste ... r/M-O-Khan. Fact is that running a petrochemicals industry in a developing economy is almost like having your own money printing press - demand is assured, and there are a lot of supply bottlenecks - it's hard not to make money. Our own motabhai preferred to continue his dad's core business rather than get into new industries like chottabhai did, and results are there for all to see.
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

nachiket wrote:I am relieved that Sad Umar is gone. Like Katare saab said, he was actually on the right track and his actions were plugging the holes in the sinking ship even if the pakis were too stupid to understand. I hope the new guy is more on the lines of Ishaq Dar and takes the paki economy deeper into pakistaniyat while the paki elites hail him as the new Mahdi.
I agree Asad Umar was on the right path. but Pakis are freeloaders. As long as Unkil was throwing them money they were happy. But now with no doles they are highly stressed. They will just keep on borrowing money to pay interest on money and will probably threaten Unkil and Others with nukes. They can sell Nukes to NK or Iran to get some dollars.

Asad umar is being replaced by Abdul Hafeez Shaikh, who has been a finance minister multiple times and is highly corrupt. His wife is an american citizen. Pakis are back to a bunch of corrupt leaders

For EX: they hired Firdous Ashiq Awan as a Information technology minister. She is an A-grade corrupt politician. She has jumped multiple times and has been a minister constantly over all the previous governments.

With the Cabinet reshuffle Imran khan has hired the same jackasses from Peoples party and PML(Q). Pakistani politics cannot be even called politics. They are more like tribal lords sharing power.

Naya Pakistan more like Na Pakistan.
menon s
BRFite

Post by menon s »

There is a video , a presentation given by Karachi based economics professor called kaiser bengali. Its called Pakistans economy on a roller coaster 1990-2015.
He closes the prsentation, saying, "the ashraffs (the elites), and the aijlafs (the commoners) of the state are travelling in differenrt compartments, one in the first class and the rest in the cattle class. the elites are stealing the nuts and the bolts, from the commoners cabin, to set alright the first class ones, not thinking that when the plane goes down, all will go down"

The entire nation is become a litany of mafias...land mafia, water mafia, drug mafia, mobile stealers mafia, certificate mafia, private school mafia, medicine mafia, money laundering mafia, extortion mafia, kidnapping mafia, match fixing mafia, professor mafia (issues PhDs ), China Cutting mafia( stealing govt land), Sugar mafia, cement mafia, timber mafia, Kidney mafia.....

Please add if you come across some.
venug
BRFite

Post by venug »

With Asad Umar leaving does his team of advisors is given the boot too? I think it is they who are advising him about the course of action. Asad Umar’s background doesnt seem to be in finance. If his team stays then it only means that he is given the boot to please some body else and the new fin. Minister will continue where this guy left off may be with few changes or even take decisive and better decisions, so we have to wait and see.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

What about the role of Cheen in all this?

A few days ago there were statements from Sad Umar that CPEC loan details had been disclosed to IMF. That certainly would please the Han.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

This is THE TIMEfor us to make sure pakistan is tipped over the edge financially by announcing and also increasing our defence budget by atleast 15% in real terms. Pakis will no doubt try to increase their budget also and then it will be truly popcorn/coffee time. Our interim budget and pakis annual budget will be in June. Jaitley's remark of prioritizing defence requirements in the future gives me hope. We need to increase our defence budget to minimum 2% of our GDP from 1.5% within 3 years. Pakistan will simply implode in trying to keep up with us.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

B S E Closed - Good Friday!

P S E

Index Current : 37292.47- Pt. Change : +480.61 - % Change : +1.31%

Market Capitalization of BSE Listed Co. (Rs.Tr.) : 7,569,338,531,838 - $ 1 / I R : 142.00

Market Capitalization of BSE Listed Co. (U S $.) : 54.06 Billion

Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

menon s wrote:There is a video , a presentation given by Karachi based economics professor called kaiser bengali. Its called Pakistans economy on a roller coaster 1990-2015.
He closes the prsentation, saying, "the ashraffs (the elites), and the aijlafs (the commoners) of the state are travelling in differenrt compartments, one in the first class and the rest in the cattle class. the elites are stealing the nuts and the bolts, from the commoners cabin, to set alright the first class ones, not thinking that when the plane goes down, all will go down"

The entire nation is become a litany of mafias...land mafia, water mafia, drug mafia, mobile stealers mafia, certificate mafia, private school mafia, medicine mafia, money laundering mafia, extortion mafia, kidnapping mafia, match fixing mafia, professor mafia (issues PhDs ), China Cutting mafia( stealing govt land), Sugar mafia, cement mafia, timber mafia, Kidney mafia.....

Please add if you come across some.
menon s Ji :

AAP KI SEVA MEIN PRUSTOOT KARTAY HAIN :

Pakistan's economy on the brink of collapse - Kamran Chaudhry - 04/18/2019

The government pledged to create ten million new jobs and build five million houses. With a 4 per cent growth rate, poverty will not be tackled, nor will per capita income increase by much. The government is negotiating a bailout with the International Monetary Fund. Terrorism is driving investors away.

Lahore (AsiaNews) – Pakistan’s economy has "reached the point of collapse. For the first time in four decades of research, I am deeply worried,” said Dr Kaiser Bengali, Dean of the Faculty of Management Science at the Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology, in Karachi.

The federal government is expected to present a new budget for the fiscal year 2019-20 on 24 May. However, “India might cause the collapse our economy as the US did with the USSR,” Bengali warns. “The alarm bells are ringing. We have no choice but to beg. I fear starvation, poverty and unemployment.”

Bengali, a former advisor for Planning and Development to the Chief Minister of Sindh province, spoke yesterday at a hotel in Lahore at the launching of his research titled State of the Economy 1990-2015; Economy on a Roller Coaster – And Stuck in the Mud!

The report, which evaluates Pakistan’s economy over a quarter of a century, examined three sectors: major crops, minor crops and large-scale manufacturing.

“Average GDP growth of 4 per cent cannot be expected to raise the per capita income sufficiently to reduce poverty,” the study states.

“Agriculture, the core of economy, has performed worse. Major crops sectors have grown at less than3 per cent and minor crops sector at less than 2 per cent. Large scale manufacturing has grown at just about 5 per cent.”

The picture is very serious, the economist told AsiaNews: “sales are declining, purchase power has ended. The most affected will be youth. An average family can no longer afford a house” and has “to share it with another.”

Last but not least, “publishing houses are shutting down. We cannot print even Quran in our country”.

Prime Minister Imran Khan and his government had promised ten million new jobs and five million new houses. Instead, Pakistan now faces a deepening economic crisis, a ballooning current account deficit and fast-depleting foreign reserves.

To deal with the situation, Islamabad is now finalising a bailout package with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to stave off a balance of payments crisis, despite more than billion in short-term loans from allies such as China and Saudi Arabia.

According to Bengali, not only has the government made irresponsible claims about creating million jobs, it has “not given any direction in recent months. There is no indication from the state to consume domestic products.”

To complicate matters, the media have not talked about the economy and the threat of terrorism. “Extremist and sectarian organisations are another major blow to our economy. About 400 Shia doctors have been killed in only two years. Many industrialists have fled the country due to routine curfews. Foreign investors prefer holding meetings in Dubai and other countries.”

Cheers Image
Last edited by Peregrine on 19 Apr 2019 20:42, edited 1 time in total.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

^There is no doubt that the Paki economy is in deep doo doo, but none of these so-called expert economists have any credibility. They are just gasbags who will say anything that suits them depending on whether they are supportive of the government or against it.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Bart S wrote:^There is no doubt that the Paki economy is in deep doo doo, but none of these so-called expert economists have any credibility. They are just gasbags who will say anything that suits them depending on whether they are supportive of the government or against it.
no wonder niazi wants to make nice with India.

The GoI has just shut down some trade routes with POK.

omar the abdullah is squealing like a stuck pig about "confidence" building measures being rolled back.

whose confidence??
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

It is not going to collapse as the friends and godfathers will keep it alive as long as they can and until giving away a few billions every year becomes difficult or makes no difference. Indian strategy should be to push them more so that the friends/godfathers are ultimately unable to prop up the state.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Supratik wrote:It is not going to collapse as the friends and godfathers will keep it alive as long as they can and until giving away a few billions every year becomes difficult or makes no difference. Indian strategy should be to push them more so that the friends/godfathers are ultimately unable to prop up the state.
The big difference now from earlier, is that due to our own stupidity and own goals we used to mess up our own growth and progress to match their missteps. Not happening anymore and we are pulling away fast.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Growth alone, although important, is not going to help. You have got to divert their attention with constant pressure from multiple fronts. Keep them on tenterhooks. Exploit their internal squabbles. That is how the Soviets and Yugoslavia collapsed.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Yes, have to keep them in a pressure cooker situation where they are preoccupied with their own issues and every strike they attempt against India sucks them deeper into the quagmire, while ensuring that they don't completely disintegrate till a time of our choosing and in a way that suits us. Like Ajit from the old movies used to say 'Isko liquid oxygen mein daal do, liquid use jeena nahi denga aur oxygen use marna hai denga'.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Here is a video that explains what is going to happen next. I won't be surprised if most of these happen. If they try to sell Gilgit-Baltistan to China India should invade. The other posssibility that they don't mention is that China may get sucked into an economic quagmire and ruin its own economy. Remember Pak is relatively big country with a huge population that will require billions to survive.

https://youtu.be/qj-hmsb5NzI
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

What do we know about the replacement? Another western economist with dual citizenship?
menon s
BRFite

Post by menon s »

thank you prerignine ji,,,,for the excellent support. We might need to keep this video , in an archive list, so that, people who come later can get a honest picture.
menon s
BRFite

Post by menon s »

Asda Umar resignation;;;;;;
Asad Umar recently, came back from, IMF and would have presented the terms and conditions, of the IMF Loan. IK s jaw dropped when he saw on what conditions, his blue eyed boy has agreed to, and asked, Asad Umar to go back, and renegotiate, for which Asad would, have said, "nothing doing, beggars cant be choosers" . End of Asad.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

^^^^
Apparently Bajwa is unhappy about the direction economy is headed and wanted a replacement. He already put Ijaz Shah (famous Jihadi. Omar Sheikh Saeed, released by India after the plane hijack had "Surrendered" to him in a safe house when pakistanis were "looking" for him after Daniel pearls murder. ) As interior minister. Now wants army pasand technocrat as fin min.

Meanwhile apparently immy has expressed frustration of working in a parliamentary democracy and wants a presidential system.

My prediction: they will declare emergency, suspend parliament, exile or lamp post badmash, destroy opposition, create a mullah military party (Ijaz Shah is good at this) and make dimran the president
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

I am sure Asad Umar gave up some crucial details about CPEC to IMF which caused China to be might displeased. They must have ordered their slave the Pakistani COAS to take care of Umar who in turn ordered his slave I am the Dimm Imran Khan to fire Umar.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

menon s wrote:thank you prerignine ji,,,,for the excellent support. We might need to keep this video , in an archive list, so that, people who come later can get a honest picture.
menon s:
You are VeryWelcome. Entirely my Pleasure :rotfl:

Cheers Image
menon s
BRFite

Post by menon s »

^^^^^^
IK is about to travel to China soon, that answers, the question as to why? this bloke was dropped like a hot potato!
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Supratik wrote:Here is a video that explains what is going to happen next. I won't be surprised if most of these happen. If they try to sell Gilgit-Baltistan to China India should invade. The other posssibility that they don't mention is that China may get sucked into an economic quagmire and ruin its own economy. Remember Pak is relatively big country with a huge population that will require billions to survive.

https://youtu.be/qj-hmsb5NzI
Supratik Ji :

The Terroriststan Economic Survey on 26-04-2018 stated the Per Capita Income was Rs 180,204 & US$ 1,640.5 i.e. the US$/ Rupee Rate was 109.85. The Defence Budget was Rupees 1,100 Billion i.e. US$ 10.00 Billion

On 07-02- 2019 The Defence Budget was increased to Rs1.676 trillion as per following Link :

Govt to pay Rs3.6 trillion on defence, debt servicing

This increase of Rs 576 Billion at at Rs. 139 per US$ was about US$ 4.00 Billion.

Thus Pakistan’s Defence in 2018-19 is about US$ 14 Billion

Sometime around the end of this month we should have the Terroristani Budget and we would then see the latest shenanigans of the Terroristan Armed Forces and hopefully the Defence Budget might be around US$ 18 to 20 Billion.

We must wait patiently for the good news! :rotfl:

Cheers Image
menon s
BRFite

Post by menon s »

^^^^^
no wonder why? they are now crying for a presidential system and the dilution of the 18th amendment, which means more share for state revenue for the provinces.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

India warns IMF against fresh bailout for Pakistan.

India and some other nations have cautioned the International Monetary Fund (IMF) about fresh bailout for Pakistan at a time when it is under the Financial Action Task Force's (FATF) scanner for its serious failure to crack down on terror funding.

During recent meetings in Washington, Indian officials are learnt to have warned of possible embarrassment for the multilateral agency as they
made the point that Pakistan was already 'grey listed' and faced a high probability of being in the 'black list' which will severely restrict its financial transactions with other nations.
(The evil Yindoos may try to present intelligence/proof of paki money laundering/terror financing to the FATF commitee :twisted: )

The word of caution, as India hinted at IMF funds being at risk, came ahead of next month's peer review of Pakistan at FATF, sources said. Indian officials had attended the annual meetings of IMF and the World Bank with FATF ministerial meet also coinciding with it.

FATF is a global agency tasked with prescribing norms to counter money laundering and terror funding and the recent ministerial meeting decided to extend its ambit to check proliferation of weapons of mass destruction as well.

Pakistan is on the FATF 'grey list' as it is seen to have failed to take adequate steps to check terror funding and is seen as non compliant with its international commitments. It will be subjected to review on 25 parameters in a peer review process comprising representatives from other member countries. Pakistan has been critical of FATF action, saying it was driven by India's lobbying.

At the same time, India's neighbour, which is seen to be harbouring a range of terrorists such as Jaish-e-Mohammed chief Masood Azhar, is seeking an urgent $8-12 billion IMF assistance to help it tide over its latest current account crisis, with the deficit widening six-fold to over $18 billion in the last three years. If the loan proposal goes through, it will be Pakistan's 22nd loan from the IMF.

Last week, Pakistani finance minister Asad Umar, who was virtually forced to step down on Thursday, had said Pakistan had almost reached an agreement with the IMF. But recent news reports suggested the global agency has concerns related to the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor and its possible impact on the IMF programme. On Monday, Umar had told reporters that the Pakistani government had dispatched the compliance report to FATF and an IMF team would visit the country later this month.
souravB
BRFite

Post by souravB »

Peregrine wrote:
This increase of Rs 576 Billion at at Rs. 139 per US$ was about US$ 4.00 Billion.

Thus Pakistan’s Defence in 2018-19 is about US$ 14 Billion
These figures doesn't even include all the pensions, amenities, corner plots and khusboos.. also it doesn't include what fauji foundation diverts from their accounts.
If we take an educated guess and add all, the actual defense budget might come upto $20-22B. Almost 10% of their actual GDP.