2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by darshan »

IIRC, did not initial reports on the day of 26/11 indicate that Karkare was approaching Muslim terrorists like they are friends even with their weapons clearly visible and Karkare’s approach had no indication that he wanted to stop them?
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

NEW DELHI: Under attack from all quarters, Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur on Friday clarified her controversial remarks on late Hemant Karkare and said that she is taking back her statement.
"I felt that the enemies of the country were extracting benefit from my comment, therefore I take back my statement and apologize for it, it was my personal pain,"
Malegaon blast accused and BJP's Bhopal Lok Sabha seat candidate said as opposition parties slammed her for insulting a martyr.
"He (Hemant Karkare) died from the bullets of terrorists from the enemy country, he is certainly a martyr," she said.
Karkare was killed along with two other senior police officers while fighting terrorists during the 26/11 attacks in Mumbai in November 2008.

Addressing BJP workers in Bhopal Thursday night, Pragya Thakur had claimed that police officer Hemant Karkare died during the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks as she "cursed" him for torturing her.
"He tortured me and subjected me to harsh abuse which was unbearable. I told him he will be destroyed. A little over a month later 'sutak' (ritual observed after death of a family member) was going to start ... just over a month later, he was shot dead by terrorists and the inauspicious period ended," she said.
The BJP distanced itself from the controversial comment saying it was her personal view which she might have made "due to years of physical and mental torture".
"BJP considers Karkare a martyr. This is Sadhvi Pragya's personal statement which she might have given because of the mental & physical torture she had faced," the party said.

Leading the opposition charge, the Congress said Prime Minister Narendra Modi must apologise for Pragya Thakur's remarks on Karkare and take action against her.
Congress chief spokesperson Randeep Surjewala said the remarks were an insult to every soldier who has sacrificed his life for the country while fighting terrorism.
Reacting to Pragya's statement, Digvijaya Singh, who is fighting her in Bhopal, said, "Hemant Karkare was a dedicated officer. He laid down his life for the country and we should be proud of him. No one should comment on it."
The IPS Association condemned the remarks against the late police officer.
"Ashok Chakra awardee late Sri Hemant Karkare, IPS made the supreme sacrifice fighting terrorists. Those of us in uniform condemn the insulting statement made by a candidate and demand that sacrifices of all our martyrs be respected," the association tweeted.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ele ... 957488.cms
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Rahul M wrote:Lilo ji, she should absolutely speak her mind but that should not be the only thing she says. She can be really inspirational and a real game changer for BJP beyond her own constituency if she does not restrict herself to 'vote for me because I was tortured'.
Yes, the scumbags did that and deserve to be punished mercilessly but she has to show something else to enthuse voters. Surely the voters are not expected to vote for her just because she was tortured ? If that was the case BJP would have been giving tickets to only relatives of slain members. It has not done so to my knowledge. Negativity ultimately does not work on its own, it has to be paired with a viable positive alternative for maximum impact.

IOW, what does she stand for ? Even a half decent narrative would go a long way, because all eyes would be on her. BJP has a big opportunity here to capture considerable mindshare, they should not squander it.
I agree. I think she needs proper eloquence crash course which can help sending some powerful messages. It is not her fault that she is not politically fluent. It is up to BJP to maximize her impact by mentoring her in to one. She is a women and can be a huge game changer.

1. Don't make her appear on any TV channel yet.
2. Have someone to word her speeches till she is ready
3. Declare that she wants to sue ATS for detaining her without evidence and false charges (will she really sue etc. is irrelevant but just declare nonetheless)
4. Declare that her candidacy is a symbolic fight of bachelor hindu woman against the misogynic congress system who detained her without evidence and mercilessly tortured. (they need to spread this asap in the light of Priyanka Chaturvedi and Jayaprada episode. Hit the iron when it is hot. Who is running BJP campaign? why they are quiet?)

BJP has unleashed a nuke missile in the form of a sadhwi hindu woman who was tortured in jail without evidence. They must ensure that it doesn't turn out dud. She can be a symbol across India not just bhopal.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Hemant karkare and many like him belong to bhaiwood days of thullas ; that generation will slowly be replaced by folks with right moral compass over a period of time. IPS can celebrate it's own bravery with some Lux film awards type setting with filmstars , common public knows their relevance .
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

Sadhvi pragya is definitely a nuke attack on congress. But BJP must take care of the delivery mechanism first. A payload needs to delivered at intended target before detonation.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

darshan wrote:IIRC, did not initial reports on the day of 26/11 indicate that Karkare was approaching Muslim terrorists like they are friends even with their weapons clearly visible and Karkare’s approach had no indication that he wanted to stop them?
No, that's not correct. He did went out with his team with guns.

Doubting Karkare's intention or fight against terrorist will backfire. Wrong strategy. What needs to be shown is that each coin has two side. As one side is that of fighter, the other hidious side cannot be overlooked or even forgiven. Karna had good attributes, that does not wash his sin of participating in Draupadi's vastraharan. We must portray Sadhwi as hapless draupadi. But do not doubt Karakare's valor. That will not sell and will surely backfire. And most importantly it will digress from his sin against a sadhwi. Instead of proving he wronged sadhwi we will spend energy in proving he didn't want to fight terrorist. Stay focus and lets not miss the bullseye
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Well said.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

If he tortured her, then he deserves to have all his awards stripped and condemned. Merely being killed in a terror attack does not make him a hero. Having said that it will be used as a propaganda vehicle during the time of elections and enough thin skinned "patriots" will be ok with him torturing a sadhvi in the guise of "performing his duty". But high time, the truth is out.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

chetak wrote:
Rahul M wrote:Lilo ji, she should absolutely speak her mind but that should not be the only thing she says. She can be really inspirational and a real game changer for BJP beyond her own constituency if she does not restrict herself to 'vote for me because I was tortured'.
Yes, the scumbags did that and deserve to be punished mercilessly but she has to show something else to enthuse voters. Surely the voters are not expected to vote for her just because she was tortured ? If that was the case BJP would have been giving tickets to only relatives of slain members. It has not done so to my knowledge. Negativity ultimately does not work on its own, it has to be paired with a viable positive alternative for maximum impact.

IOW, what does she stand for ? Even a half decent narrative would go a long way, because all eyes would be on her. BJP has a big opportunity here to capture considerable mindshare, they should not squander it.
she should simply tell her story and ruthlessly expose diggy's anti Hindu mindset at every rally.
Forget Diggy, what about all the people who attacked this lady and even Purohit?
Sadly Modi was a big zero on that front. He never held Hinduphobe crooks in the establishment to account. Another great example of live and let live, which of course they reciprocated by leaking Rafale files and every other thing..
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karan M wrote:
chetak wrote:
she should simply tell her story and ruthlessly expose diggy's anti Hindu mindset at every rally.
Forget Diggy, what about all the people who attacked this lady and even Purohit?
Sadly Modi was a big zero on that front. He never held Hinduphobe crooks in the establishment to account. Another great example of live and let live, which of course they reciprocated by leaking Rafale files and every other thing..
let her get first through the elections safely.

If she gets into the parliament, she will have a much bigger platform and a much louder voice that cannot be stifled.

Her contesting elections is not just to counter a lumpen traitor but will have a larger game plan. This is the beauty of strategy by someone like AS. So, for now, she should simply skewer diggy in every rally by exposing his rabid minority pasand credentials.

the hoi polloi are having wet dreams about priyanka vadra opposing Modi in varanasi and that is the limit of their play.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

darshan wrote:IIRC, did not initial reports on the day of 26/11 indicate that Karkare was approaching Muslim terrorists like they are friends even with their weapons clearly visible and Karkare’s approach had no indication that he wanted to stop them?
I remember people mentioning his cavalier attitude on this forum when the attack took place and way before his involvement in Purohit and Sadhvi cases came out. If that thread still exists, we can probably find out.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

When you fight against immorals you should not lose an opportunity to take higher moral ground. What I expect from sadhwi is to make Karna out of Karkare and Duryodhan out of congress. Focus should not be on Karna but defeat of Duryodhan and Duhshasan mentality.

'inh congress kauravon nae ek sadhwi ko kalankit kiya hai. Uske aabru ke sath khilwad kiya hai. Mein unhe kshama kar bhi du magar ye meri ladai mere liye nahi, balki mein un abhagi auraton ka pratinidhitva karti hun jinko ek vastu ki tarah istemal kiya jata hai. Aaj yeh drupadi in congress ke kauravon ke samne is chunav ke kurukshetra mein khadi hain woh lajja ki bhik mangne ke liye nahi bakle unhe sabak sikhane ke liye ki ek aurat ka apman ka badla yeh pavitra bhoomi kaise leti hai"

(These congress people have tarnished a sadhwi. They molested a woman. I may even forgive them but my fight is not for me but I represent all those hapless women who are used as object. Today in this election battlefield this Draupadi is stading in front of these congress Kauravas not to beg for their mercy but to show them how this sacred land punishes them for their sin against a woman.)
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Perhaps Sadhvi Pragya Thakur should not have said she cursed Hemant Karkare and he died though it is understandable why some one in her position will say so. May be just mention the false cases congress framed on her without mentioning names.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Times Now interview of NM live now on you tube.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Also don't foget to mention that these congress treated LeT operative Irshat Jahan as sadhwi and a hindu sadhwi as terrorist.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Karthik S wrote:Guys, what do you make of Sadhvi Pragya ji's remarks on karkare? Will it cause fence sitters to go the other way? Do people know about it before hand?
It has already started, got a WA message in my group from somebody who is a Modi and BJP hater about this.

Very few people outside the mainstream (and even there, the few that really want to know) have any clue about the nefarious activities of HK prior to his death on 26/11.

Her statements are simple and poignant. I listened to the entire episode of Aap Ki Adalat when it first aired and then of course the interviews over the past few days.

I believe it is indeed a masterstroke by the BJP to field her opposite Diggy, poetic justice if you ask me, he probably never imagined in his wildest dreams that one day the very woman he accused of being a Hindu terrorist would be running for election against him. His worst nightmare has come true though hopefully there will be many more for him and his ilk.

Even to this jaded NRI, not a true believer in God or sainthood of any kind, the Sadhvi's tale brings a flood of emotions - anger, outrage, sadness and above all, empathy. There are very few Hindus who will not be moved by her saga of torture without a trial and I bet there will be an even greater impact among women, especially those who are religious and ritualistic.

Having said that, she needs to focus on the overall message and not get bogged down with her own interaction with individuals. There may be some negativity based on the HK remarks for sure, but I think the overwhelming Hindu response to this would be disgust at the way in which an innocent, celibate woman dedicated to her dharma was tortured by the Congress system - for the sole purpose of garnering more Muslim votes. This is a hugely polarizing move no doubt but it is time the Hindus all realized that their very existence is at stake here.

It has to be portrayed as an innocent woman's fight against the forces of evil, a battle for Dharma.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

hanumadu wrote:Perhaps Sadhvi Pragya Thakur should not have said she cursed Hemant Karkare and he died though it is understandable why some one in her position will say so. May be just mention the false cases congress framed on her without mentioning names.
I don't blame her. She is physically and emotionally hurt. I can understand her feelings. If someone hurt us we use MC BC and what not. It is BJP's responsibility to thoroughly prepare her speech before she goes public. I don't think it is done. BJP acted like a child burst a diwali atom bomb.. light and just turn away.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

She shouldn't have attacked karkare like the way she did. Expose him, Yes, but curse him, no. Although from conversations in various groups show marked polarization, we always need to keep in mind that in many seats the swing votes make the difference.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

She allegedly withdrew her statements on Karkare.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Problem of targetting Karkare is that it loses bigger picture of congress sins. Anyway, it is done. It is a small speed bump. There is plenty of time to correct the narrative and send right message across. I hope BJP is heeding these advices.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

hanumadu wrote:She allegedly withdrew her statements on Karkare.
Another mistake to undo first one. Hope it won't cost us much.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Nothing allegedly. She withdrew her statement.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

abhijitm wrote:
hanumadu wrote:Perhaps Sadhvi Pragya Thakur should not have said she cursed Hemant Karkare and he died though it is understandable why some one in her position will say so. May be just mention the false cases congress framed on her without mentioning names.
I don't blame her. She is physically and emotionally hurt. I can understand her feelings. If someone hurt us we use MC BC and what not. It is BJP's responsibility to thoroughly prepare her speech before she goes public. I don't think it is done. BJP acted like a child burst a diwali atom bomb.. light and just turn away.

Don't want to sound melodramatic but curse of an innocent woman brings down empires.

Whole epic of Silippadikaram is about how the sea rose up to fulfill Kannagi's curse on Madurai.

To chide Sadvi Pragya is to deny our culture and heritage.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Karthik S wrote:
Seriously, is there no one from BJP campaign who is controlling the narrative?

1. she spoke the truth. You don't need to retract the truth. By doing so it becomes a lie
2. If truth hurts or messaged incorrectly or timed incorrectly then wise thing is to give explanation in a way that the truth still holds ground. Truth is he abused her on the direction of congress and it should not get lost in the war of narrative.

Now the problem is she cannot bring up his name again. It will be taken as flip flop.
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

Rudradev wrote: So what will GE 2019 really be about? Obviously the seat count is important. However, it seems to be a foregone conclusion that NDA will land up with a comfortable majority, and perhaps even BJP will have over 272 by itself.
Obligatory Buri Nazar Dance..... :(( :(( :((
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

abhijitm wrote:
Karthik S wrote:
Seriously, is there no one from BJP campaign who is controlling the narrative?

1. she spoke the truth. You don't need to retract the truth. By doing so it becomes a lie
2. If truth hurts or messaged incorrectly or timed incorrectly then wise thing is to give explanation in a way that the truth still holds ground. Truth is he abused her on the direction of congress and it should not get lost in the war of narrative.

Now the problem is she cannot bring up his name again. It will be taken as flip flop.
^^^ karkare doesn't matter in the elections, he is not contesting. he was a tool. the hand(s) that wielded that tool should be the target.
also, the election is not about her getting justice, except in a poetic sense. there are legal routes for receiving justice and the govt has to do it.
Her candidature is another weapon to destroy the anti-India eco-system, we should not lose sight of that target.
this is not about catharsis, not about vengeance, this is about ruthlessly decimating the asuras.

=================
Rahul Roushan
‏Verified account @rahulroushan
28m28 minutes ago

PM Modi fiercely defends giving ticket of Sadhvi Pragya Thakur in his interview to Times Now. Not only he says she was wrongly framed, he goes on to say (without taking names) that real accused of terror are likes of Rajiv Gandhi and Kamal Nath, and thus Congress should shut up.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

hanumadu wrote:
I remember people mentioning his cavalier attitude on this forum when the attack took place and way before his involvement in Purohit and Sadhvi cases came out. If that thread still exists, we can probably find out.
It looked like he did not even know how to wear a BPJ and the top third of his chest was exposed. He had nil field experience.

Many of the ATS guys at the time were traitorously complicit in the concoction of the Hindu terror yarn and were actively selling it.

We still seem to have plenty of jaichands very active in the system as well as the society. Never a short supply of these SOBs.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

I think the narrative did not go out of hand. She said the truth and then she apologized for expressing her feelings strongly. People will understand and differentiate with the fake narrative of her opponents.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

When karkare was killed, I remember the retired ips were trying to defend his casual approach to terrorists saying, "mumbai mafia has never dared to shoot ips officers.... so we understand karkare and team not taking enough precaution... "

I remember some anchors questioning "... isn't police able to differentiate between MAFIA vs TERRORISTS?"

-----------
She's said she is retracting statement as she doesn't want ENEMIES to benefit from it..

I think it's a masterstroke to put her up as candidate as this will start a MANTHAN of whole affair Sonia's URBAN NAXAL NAC's "Destroy Hindu Dharm" mission

The more bif protests the more FACTS will come up exposing their agenda
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

Karthik S wrote:She shouldn't have attacked karkare like the way she did. Expose him, Yes, but curse him, no. Although from conversations in various groups show marked polarization, we always need to keep in mind that in many seats the swing votes make the difference.
+100. She was treading dangerously close to Digvijay Singh/Owaisi/Rajdeep S territory there who routinely doubt ATS ops such as Batla house. IMO, there was simply no reason to make the election about her personal pain. Everyone knows what goes on inside the walls of our prisons - if you have power, you get treated like a king. If you don't, you're meat. She needs to stay on message about WHAT she will do once in power for her constituents.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

See those who are gonna vote BJP will anyways vote ; all that is needed is for Modi to do one campaign in main areas of MP this election is still about for Modi vs against Modi .
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

https://twitter.com/madhukishwar/status ... 84481?s=19

Madhu Kishwar replies to sagrika
Karakre's "service to nation" was same as yours dear @sagarikaghose!! Just that the nation you both are serving happens to be Pakistan! https://t.co/DeWyZ8C2N0

https://twitter.com/madhukishwar/status ... 53312?s=19
Madhu Kishwar:
With SoniaG in power & Karkare,a close buddy of #DiggyRaja, taking instructions from him on hour to hour basis while incarcerating #SadhviPragya, #ColPurohit & inventing fake narrative of Hindu Terror2 please Islamists, why just #AshokChakra, he cd even have gotten Bharat Ratna!! https://t.co/jfxk71gOcl
DharmaB
BRFite

Post by DharmaB »

IMO, at right time BJP used Sadhvi as platform to expose saffron terror conspiracy of opposition.
Now some mis-fires happen from this side and that side. So lets not worry too much, but hope they control properly now.

1) The people who closely watch, understand the context of her narrative and support her
2) The people who doesn't know much about this case (aam aadmi, or target audience like women) will come to know more about it, but they need to be well informed with proper narrative through SM. They may not follow TV debates that closely.
3)The ones who don't care, they doesn't matter any way as supporters.
4) I am not sure who are those fence sitters who will change mind due to this episode.
DharmaB
BRFite

Post by DharmaB »

Good thing is many skeletons are coming out of cup board in this election.
Now it is up to people to make something out of them. :rotfl:
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Here's today Modi speaks in timesnow interview on Sadhvi Pragya, he is so fired up puts media in dock for never calling rajiv gandhi & kamalnath any labels like terrorists or genociders for '84 Sikh Riots:
Please watch only 3 minutes clipping:
https://twitter.com/TimesNow/status/111 ... 38369?s=19
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

Looking at the election so far, I am nearing the conclusion that BJP is not going to lose the 2014 vote share. The only reason there is some dhoti shivering is the concern about seat conversion ratio. There is a lot of conflicting analysis on predicting seat conversion ratio. 2014 BJP could get 52% seats with 31% vote share. That is approximately 9 seats per percent of vote share. Congress is thinking that if they can reduce that to say 8 seats then they are in the game. BJP knows this and that is the reason they are betting on increased vote share based on the work done in the past 5 years. Ultimately Indian democracy is about numbers.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

The average Indian, who is not a deracinated anglophile, instinctively understands & is appalled by Sadhvi's torture. The average Indian would completely agree that her curse brought about Karkare's downfall. That is how Karma works.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

The next phases are the most crucial as except KL BJP cannot afford to underperform in these phases as these are happening in areas where they are relatively strong. I think the real election for BJP starts now and it is too early to predict a victory from just sweeping a few seats in WB or KA.
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

Whatever sadhviji said, it is true. One can't torture innocent and get away with it. That's what karma is about. All of them will get their due. Maa bharathi rules this land. Only fools think they can get away with everything.

In some cases, the whole family line will suffer. Weak progeny and loss of wealth. One can't escape their karma by converting to some other religion.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Anyone commenting against Sadhvi Pragya in the media or in SM needs to be countered firmly but factually. I suggest something like the following - "Sadhvi Pragya was tortured in prison merely because the Congress government wanted to advance a false "Hindu Terror" narrative. All the Human rights champions who cried when Afzal Guru was hanged did not give a flying **** about this torture merely because she was a proud Hindu religious figure so in their eyes she automatically deserved it. This is "communalism", "bigotry", and "Hinduphobia" in their worst forms.
Having suffered through that and now acquitted, she is allowed to speak whatever she wants about the people who orchestrated her torture and illegal imprisonment. If you don't like it, tough shit."