2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by ramana »

amdavadi wrote:In Guj bjp will get all seats. :twisted: :twisted: .Cong had hoped for Anand seat but it's not even close.
Muh me ghee shakkar.

How have you been? We haven't met in years.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

vijayk wrote:CT on CJI attack

Naidu is claiming evm fraud
Mamta is crying evm fraud
AKalesh is crying evm fraud

On May 23, let's say BJP wins big

There will be a big revolt by all these crooks and file a case in SC asking results to be nullified

CJI is being blackmailed into doing it the way they want
Pawar also claiming that.
Naidu already said Russian hacking. 8)
He thinks he is Hillary.
MAD were not born yesterday.
They have seen the Resistance riots in US
They will deal with it.
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

ramana wrote:
amdavadi wrote:In Guj bjp will get all seats. :twisted: :twisted: .Cong had hoped for Anand seat but it's not even close.
Muh me ghee shakkar.

How have you been? We haven't met in years.
I am good Ramana sirji. You don't invite me to brf jirga anymore.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

We should have jirga(s) post election.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

#ElectionAlert -- Even there are rumours that from Russia people are operating or somewhere remotely they are operating.
It may be true, it may not be true. But, things are in a very bad stage; that is where we are today: Andhra Pradesh CM @ncbn on EVM hacking
:rotfl:
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Report from KL: There was record turnout. The history (before BJP became a significant player) is that increased turnout always favour UDF, especially when CPIM is in power. The logic is, hardcore CPIM folk will vote 'rain or shine'. The indifferent will move their kappa-meen bellies out to vote if there is a good reason to beat the commies.

I would venture that this time the increased turnout where BJP is actively running all benefit BJP. So, TVM, Attingal, PTA and Thrissur will see major BJP thrust. I predict TVM and PTA as 'in the bag'. TSR is highly likely, given the way SG carried himself in the campaign and the corresponding massive turnout. ATL I would give a fair chance to BJP.

Wayanad is all Pappu. Warts and all, he is still the top guy of Grand Old Congress, and a celebrity in that capacity.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Dileep wrote:Report from KL: There was record turnout. The history (before BJP became a significant player) is that increased turnout always favour UDF, especially when CPIM is in power. The logic is, hardcore CPIM folk will vote 'rain or shine'. The indifferent will move their kappa-meen bellies out to vote if there is a good reason to beat the commies.

I would venture that this time the increased turnout where BJP is actively running all benefit BJP. So, TVM, Attingal, PTA and Thrissur will see major BJP thrust. I predict TVM and PTA as 'in the bag'. TSR is highly likely, given the way SG carried himself in the campaign and the corresponding massive turnout. ATL I would give a fair chance to BJP.

Wayanad is all Pappu. Warts and all, he is still the top guy of Grand Old Congress, and a celebrity in that capacity.
What about Tharoor in Trivandrum?
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

ramana wrote:Anyone keeping tally of the count so far.
To me for BJP alone its 30+36+80 = 146 after Phase 3 for total of 90+96+116 = 303

130 to go.
for margin.
BJP won 160 of remaining 240 odd seats in 2014. So 82% performance over last election is required.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

a rather sensible article in TOI yesterday on the defeatism behind NYAY

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/blo ... er-people/
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

What surprises me is that everyone and his Aunty I speak with or glance thru SM is Modi Bhakth. Even those old ladies with veil or Yuppy crowd with phata Jeans and cold shoulder top have inner Modi in them. No one cares about the local MP but are voting for Modi ji and yet most of the pollsters say that BJP at best will hit 255-265 and at the lower end may end up at 225-240.
Something does not square up or my sample is too small and composed of similar people.
I know atleast 2 older but neutral gentlemen who became Modi fans when they saw him walking barefoot during Shavyatra of ABV. Even Sons don't do it anymore for their parents. There are many such instances of Modi ji connecting with soul of Bharat with his gestures. Lot of posters here think that yuppy crowd like Rahul because of Gandhi/Young/fair/Single (take your pick). No, most of them listen to him because they are expecting a gaffe or silly comment by him and to chuckle and yet brag, 'Aayenge to Modi ji hi'.
My personal reading is that BJP alone will end up at 300-305.

As someone had posted a video earlier, Every time Rahul Gandhi calls PM 'a chor', he loses few 100 votes and part of the respect he gets because of Gandhi surname. Indic civilization frowns up calling people older than oneself names or bad mouthing people who are dead.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

rgosain wrote: Seems as if the TOI shares your views on this childishness
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/blo ... ments=show
Some "Election strat-e-jist" would have told him that he should attack his opponent's strongest claim. Modi claims to be incorruptible, so you should attack him for corruption. So RG fell headlong into "chowkidar chor hai" slogan. We will know after the elections, but this might rank right up there with MSY's "how can a chaiwallah become a PM" idiocy.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Vikas wrote:What surprises me is that everyone and his Aunty I speak with or glance thru SM is Modi Bhakth. Even those old ladies with veil or Yuppy crowd with phata Jeans and cold shoulder top have inner Modi in them. No one cares about the local MP but are voting for Modi ji and yet most of the pollsters say that BJP at best will hit 255-265 and at the lower end may end up at 225-240.
Something does not square up
or my sample is too small and composed of similar people.
I know atleast 2 older but neutral gentlemen who became Modi fans when they saw him walking barefoot during Shavyatra of ABV. Even Sons don't do it anymore for their parents. There are many such instances of Modi ji connecting with soul of Bharat with his gestures. Lot of posters here think that yuppy crowd like Rahul because of Gandhi/Young/fair/Single (take your pick). No, most of them listen to him because they are expecting a gaffe or silly comment by him and to chuckle and yet brag, 'Aayenge to Modi ji hi'.

As someone had posted a video earlier, Every time Rahul Gandhi calls PM 'a chor', he loses few 100 votes and part of the respect he gets because of Gandhi surname. Indic civilization frowns up calling people older than oneself names or bad mouthing people who are dead.
Demography sir, everything is based on that.
DharmaB
BRFite

Post by DharmaB »

There will be a big revolt by all these crooks and file a case in SC asking results to be nullified

What is the purpose of using VVPATs? Worst case they may ask/go for counting all VVPAT slips where ever there is doubt.
But how can anyone nullify the entire election process / results ???
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

All these claims about fraud simply will fizzle. Where is the evidence? For every mala fide official there are hundreds of honest people in our institutions. They will simply not allow it. The fact that our country has not become another Pakistan in spite of such a corrupt political class is because of this honest personage we have in all our civil and military institutions. So relax and watch the fun.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Vikas wrote:What surprises me is that everyone and his Aunty I speak with or glance thru SM is Modi Bhakth. Even those old ladies with veil or Yuppy crowd with phata Jeans and cold shoulder top have inner Modi in them. No one cares about the local MP but are voting for Modi ji and yet most of the pollsters say that BJP at best will hit 255-265 and at the lower end may end up at 225-240.
Something does not square up or my sample is too small and composed of similar people.
Most Social media circles comprise of people with more or less same views.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

I support BJP but me and there are many like me are skeptical due to farmers/caste/religion equations as we go deep into rural India. Tell you the truth I would be sitting comfortably sipping cold coffee today if there was no gathbandhan in UP. That itself could be loss of 30-40 seats for BJP. Big number. And I know some Y who hate modi so much they will simply vote against him instead of going against BSP candidate. So fingers crossed and I don't want to be over optimistic by looking at RW psephologist's analysis.
vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

Dileep wrote:Report from KL: There was record turnout. The history (before BJP became a significant player) is that increased turnout always favour UDF, especially when CPIM is in power. The logic is, hardcore CPIM folk will vote 'rain or shine'. The indifferent will move their kappa-meen bellies out to vote if there is a good reason to beat the commies.

Thrissur is most likely Suresh Gopi (BJP). It all depends on whether there has been a transfer of CPM votes to the Cong Candidate. Otherwise, SG has been a hit with ladies and almost everyone I spoke to has voted for SG, apart from the well-known hard core other party cadres.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

I am calling TVM for Kummanam and Pathanamthitta for Surendran.

Vote transfer and fake voting did not happen in significant levels. Deep penetration of social media made sure of that.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

KL Dubey wrote:
UlanBatori wrote:I don't see why GOI cannot enforce it: they can threaten to cancel the passport.
Right...and how would GOI determine if someone has been voting in UK elections ? Is GOI supposed to set up an office with babus whose job is to check all UK electoral rolls and cross-check with Indian national data ?

GOI can certainly declare a penalty of passport cancellation, but that's like the Jawja "no textin' while drivin' " law.
To the best of my knowledge, it would be an offence in the UK to fail to register to vote if you are eligible. Those who are eligible are,

"Nationality
You qualify to register to vote if you are:

a UK citizen
a qualifying Commonwealth citizen resident in the UK
an EU citizen resident in the UK
A qualifying Commonwealth citizen is someone who has leave to enter or remain in the UK, or does not require such leave."

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/ ... er-to-vote

ie, All Indian citizens with such attributes who are resident/or present on the day HAVE to register. (IMHO)
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

BSP supporters in Bareilly, budaun, Aonla voted for BJP after unable to find Elephant symbol on evm machines
(means BSP supporter would vote for BJP but not cycle if their candidate not in race)
https://twitter.com/TIP_Pradhanjii/stat ... 4210192384
(paper cutting in Hindi)
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

a rather interesting interview with arif mohd khan, who had resigned from rajiv gandhis govt when the shah bano ruling was overturned by parliament
rips apart the sheer hypocrisy of those who label themselves as 'secular parties'

https://www.dailyo.in/lite/politics/ari ... ssion=true

seems to be a scholar who has a deep understanding of the indian ethos of tolerance.

wiki:In 2004, he joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), and later unsuccessfully contested the Lok Sabha election as a BJP candidate from Kaisarganj constituency. Khan quit the BJP in 2007 because he was "being ignored in the party".
sarathy
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sarathy »

Lisa wrote:
KL Dubey wrote:
Right...and how would GOI determine if someone has been voting in UK elections ? Is GOI supposed to set up an office with babus whose job is to check all UK electoral rolls and cross-check with Indian national data ?

GOI can certainly declare a penalty of passport cancellation, but that's like the Jawja "no textin' while drivin' " law.
To the best of my knowledge, it would be an offence in the UK to fail to register to vote if you are eligible. Those who are eligible are,

"Nationality
You qualify to register to vote if you are:

a UK citizen
a qualifying Commonwealth citizen resident in the UK
an EU citizen resident in the UK
A qualifying Commonwealth citizen is someone who has leave to enter or remain in the UK, or does not require such leave."

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/ ... er-to-vote

ie, All Indian citizens with such attributes who are resident/or present on the day HAVE to register. (IMHO)
I can confirm this first hand. We got 4-5 mails (letter box ones - it never ceases to amaze me) and a warning that we will be fined if we do not register to vote here in the UK.
dipak
BRFite

Post by dipak »

Singha wrote:a rather interesting interview with arif mohd khan, who had resigned from rajiv gandhis govt when the shah bano ruling was overturned by parliament
rips apart the sheer hypocrisy of those who label themselves as 'secular parties'

https://www.dailyo.in/lite/politics/ari ... ssion=true

seems to be a scholar who has a deep understanding of the indian ethos of tolerance.

wiki:In 2004, he joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), and later unsuccessfully contested the Lok Sabha election as a BJP candidate from Kaisarganj constituency. Khan quit the BJP in 2007 because he was "being ignored in the party".
He is a scholar, fine orator and quite secular in his outlook. Pity that BJP couldn't keep him in the party. He would be much useful than Shahnawaz Hussain or Mukhtar A Naqvi.

I read somewhere that Shazia Ilmi is related to him.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

vijayk wrote:
Today pawar joined the whining circuit of EVM fraud. I hope MAD know what is going on. Soon NYT/Wapo will pick up the theme.
Celebrate on these statements on evm coming out .... IT MEANS THE HAPPY SURPRISE DR. PATIL IS EXPRESSING..... IS ACTUALLY TRUE.... IT COULD GO 310+ FOR BJP EASILY.

The horror of utter defeat is dawning upon these obsolete leaders, they are building up shock absorbers under EVM pretext...

Their workers are reporting ground realities to them
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Wiki says her sister is married to him
Must be quite a age gap because shazia is only mid 30s
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

NDA will be 370 plus. People are not stupid...especially those who have lived to 50 years of shit and those who have travelled overseas in real life or vicariously through family opinions.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

sarathy wrote:
I can confirm this first hand. We got 4-5 mails (letter box ones - it never ceases to amaze me) and a warning that we will be fined if we do not register to vote here in the UK.
That is not correct. I have never bothered to even put my name of the voting register. They threatened twice, then send a babu to get me to fill it, then they said I will be summoned to court and then they stopped.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

sarathy
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sarathy »

panduranghari wrote:
sarathy wrote:
That is not correct. I have never bothered to even put my name of the voting register. They threatened twice, then send a babu to get me to fill it, then they said I will be summoned to court and then they stopped.
Well, the process is there to fine or take one to courts (to that extent what I said is correct). We chose not to test this (whatever the rule not flouting is preferable for me - both in India or abroad). :lol: :mrgreen:

Edit: Sorry mods for the OT. This will be my last post on the topic.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Karthik S wrote:
Something does not square up
or my sample is too small and composed of similar people.

Demography sir, everything is based on that.
And geography. Rural vs. urban voters are different. Food production is up and farm prices low, should be a win? However it does create distress to farmers on the economic edge. Farm loan waivers or subsidies are the only short term solutions to garner votes.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

sarathy wrote:
panduranghari wrote: That is not correct. I have never bothered to even put my name of the voting register. They threatened twice, then send a babu to get me to fill it, then they said I will be summoned to court and then they stopped.
Well, the process is there to fine or take one to courts (to that extent what I said is correct). We chose not to test this (whatever the rule not flouting is preferable for me - both in India or abroad). :lol: :mrgreen:

Edit: Sorry mods for the OT. This will be my last post on the topic.
Thank you for clarifying. Your posts further bolster my opinion that it will not be possible for GOI to enforce the prohibition of such "parallel" voting rights in UK. The only solution is to withdraw from the commonwealth since it is the root cause of these issues.

Since we are indeed going OT, I will also not post further on this unless it becomes an election issue again in context of Pappu.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

DharmaB wrote:

What is the purpose of using VVPATs? Worst case they may ask/go for counting all VVPAT slips where ever there is doubt.
But how can anyone nullify the entire election process / results ???
EC was fighting they didn't want to count more than 1 VVPAT, until SC forced them to count VVPATs. EC never said they will count all when there is doubt. It is the whole fight about that Naidu led even before elections, counting 50% VVPATs for cross verification for which EC is harassing him.

Obviously if war is one side (telugu movie dialogue - meaning there is a wave), VVPATs cross checking doesn't yield much but when there is close contest, it will very much help in reliability due to counting paper.

By the way some history on EVM fraud, way back in 2009/10 time frame when Pappu mother was ruling with Chamcha, EVM fraud issue was brought by Advani, when he used call shots. Later Naidu joined him along with some BJP leaders. I think 1-2 years before last elections, BJP Subramanyam Swamy and CBN fought for VVPATs in SC when there was no paper trails at all. CBN is still fighting but BJP conveniently dropped out, switched sides rather, once they did power grab and can control EC by appointing their people. So BJP and TDP and their allies started this whole EVM fraud thing but election process reliability hasn't changed to highest possible even now.
Last edited by ShyamSP on 24 Apr 2019 19:42, edited 2 times in total.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Dileep wrote:I am calling TVM for Kummanam and Pathanamthitta for Surendran.

Vote transfer and fake voting did not happen in significant levels. Deep penetration of social media made sure of that.
Good to know that, we'll miss that accused wife killer and MBTB with fake accent. (B for British). Instant Karma also showed this time for being fake Hindu doing nautankis like weighing himself on scale (Tula Bharamu in Telugu)

For Your Entertainment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U0Nzv3x6Fk :D
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

good riddance.

BJP MP Udit Raj joins Congress after being denied Lok Sabha ticket from Delhi, calls saffron party 'anti-Dalit'

The former BJP MP had often held views contrary to the party's stand, especially during the Sabarimala issue and 'Bharat Bandh' called by Dalit organisations in 2018.

Earlier in April, he was at the centre of controversy after being caught in a sting done on several MPs, which purportedly showed lawmakers accepting use of black money for contesting polls.

Last edited by chetak on 24 Apr 2019 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Shyam SP
once they did power grab and can control EC by appointing their people.
Please provide any sort of evidence that the EC is compromised by a BJP power grab and the BJPs people are controlling it and acting in a manner beneficial to the BJP.

You may revel in conspiracy theories. But don't drag the forum into besmirching an autonomous constitutional body without evidence.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Karan M wrote:Shyam SP
once they did power grab and can control EC by appointing their people.
Please provide any sort of evidence that the EC is compromised by a BJP power grab and the BJPs people are controlling it and acting in a manner beneficial to the BJP.

You may revel in conspiracy theories. But don't drag the forum into besmirching an autonomous constitutional body without evidence.
Karan,
EC appointments, actions they are doing on EVMs issue, and election time decisions and actions they are taking. They are NOT sacrosanct if their actions are raising serious doubts. For many cases we can see smokes or hints of indirect evidences. Do you honestly think they do it with evidences and we can get audios/videos to show? I provided hints of evidences in some posts. Once elections are over we can get more info, esp EVM failures where we can get some statistical info. One example that happened is EVM failure or polling stopping at a time when say X-party voters come and vote - voter disfranchising is something EC needs to take responsibility.

It is not CT if there are charges leveled against it and also SC cases and in some cases SC forces changes in EC actions. As for BJP as I said it was fighting against EC and now it is not fighting for same issues. It is in that context we have to take it.
Last edited by ShyamSP on 24 Apr 2019 21:01, edited 2 times in total.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Even my folks (who voted in EKM - probably live close to Dileep-ettan) say TVM and Pathanamthitta are both strong likelihood wins, and Thrissur is also a very good contender.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

I always thought Thrissur had a very overwhelmingly strong Christian influence. Is Suresh Gopi's presence strong enough to over come that?
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Shyam

You have provided no evidence whatsoever in any of your posts to make the kind of grave allegations you believe in. Stay off these conspiracy theories on the forum. Over the past several years, we have seen that this entire charade of EVM outrage only conveniently occurs when any party suddenly discovers that results may not have gone in its favour. Meanwhile, there is no credible evidence of the EC deliberately helping any party, either the BJP or its opponents. At worst, they have been unable to prevent intimidation of voters who were voting BJP, and even so the BJP does not allege that the EC is being run by its enemy.

Please stop making these wild allegations or otherwise we will be forced to issue a warning and ban you for a duration, to the point you may miss this entire election discussion. This is not the first time you have been requested to stop dragging your pet peeves into a discussion.

Your choice, kindly consider.