2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by arshyam »

KL Dubey wrote:
arshyam wrote:While I am no supporter of either, it does not do any good to this forum to use such words when talking about an elected representative, who is also the chief minister of a state in the Indian Union to boot.
He should have thought about the responsibilities and dignities expected of him by the same Indian Union...and pulled himself together to behave like a man rather than a bawling bovine. Seriously....!!!

Same with the father...dozing and snoring everyday in cabinet meetings and parliament...

Why defend the indefensible.
Have it your way saar. I have said what I had to.

Btw, have you seen a bawling bovine? I haven't, hence curious :mrgreen:
Dumal
BRFite

Post by Dumal »

On the topic of name-calling, while it pains to hear a PM being called chor, etc totally underservedly, many of these elected leaders have well-deserved records and characters that earn them these names... even the great Orange-gutan is not spared. How can it be unjust to call out Fakeriwal, jihadidi, Maunmohan Singh et al.

That reminds me... some of whom we have not heard much about or from this election season: MMS, who even months back chimed in about the economy or RBI or something, RSS and it’s top leaders, LKA and cohorts, Lalu (maybe too old/ailing), anyone else?
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Today is NaMo's 7 km roadshow in Kashi....i feel jittery about his personal security in these type of situations. I hope all is under control.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

KL Dubey wrote:Today is NaMo's 7 km roadshow in Kashi....i feel jittery about his personal security in these type of situations. I hope all is under control.
+100
He should be extra careful during these roadshows. There are many enemies lurking the corner.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

+108
I think those of us old enough to remember the news about RaGa Senior will always be a little jittery.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

KL Dubey wrote:Today is NaMo's 7 km roadshow in Kashi....i feel jittery about his personal security in these type of situations. I hope all is under control.
I hope they have a complete arrangement. Watching the interview of Namo with Akshay Kumar, one gets the impression that he fears little. This is both good and bad.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ramana wrote:Primus put it on Facebook and put a link.
Its great.
also please tweet it, saars.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

An acrid and a very bitter burnol moment for the presstitutes when all that the "press(titutes)" really wanted was a kodak moment with Modi in which the presstitutes were the stars and were seen as bravely and courageously "speaking truth to power".

Modi remains a master puppeteer running rings around the presstitutes and paid media and this was undoubtedly a major snub

Narendra Modi's interview to Akshay Kumar is as much smart strategy as a snub to the media

Narendra Modi's interview to Akshay Kumar is as much smart strategy as a snub to the media

Bikram Vohra, Apr 25, 2019

On Wednesday, I watched Prime Minister Narendra Modi being interviewed by actor Akshay Kumar in largely bucolic surroundings. My first reaction was one of surprise that an actor was ploughing the fourth estate. That too mid election.

Of the thousands of Indian journalists, wasn't there one of stature and standing to interview the prime minister at this juncture that he would choose to talk to an actor instead?

Have we so lost our way that Modi can choose a celebrity to do our work? No one from the ranks of the media even thinks it is worth commenting upon or find annoying.

Narendra Modis interview to Akshay Kumar is as much smart strategy as a snub to the media

Narendra Modi's interview to Akshay Kumar.

The more I thought about the flaccid response and the obvious lack of frames in the hall of fame of the news world, as well as the fact that for so long, we have been preoccupied in letting each other down, I realised we had destroyed the general respect and admiration our profession enjoyed not so long ago.

We no longer care about each other as a fraternity, why would anyone care about us?

Was Modi employing a strategic move, or was the snub deliberate and a way to show genial contempt for the media and the manner in which it covers the news, the element of fake news having eroded not just the credibility of content but also the individual peddling it.

If President of the United States Donald Trump has an inimical relationship with the media and the hostility is unremitting, perhaps the Prime Minister of India has also begun to feel that every time he gives a one-on-one interview, the questioner becomes aggressive and shifts the focus onto shame and scandal rather than achievement. By the same token, the other side become docile and meek, overawed in his presence. As a result, the message he wishes to send out, be it right or wrong, does not find traction.

So Modi does not go for glamour. Instead, he chose an actor who is closely associated with initiatives that are dear to the government's agenda. Between toilets and sanitary napkins and the promotion of rural hygiene and sanitation, Akshay Kumar has become the squeaky clean face of that revolution.

As he sits with the prime minister in front of an orchestrated, gently-panned camera, creating the ambience of tranquility, laughter of the happy kind, with tea for two in an idyllic lawn, the eyeballs he attracts are far more than of some shrill pundits of the press who would have been more intent on marketing themselves than conducting a meaningful interview.

We must ask ourselves: have we become redundant? Trump is still loud and vitriolic and bad mouths the media at every opportunity. Modi, on the other hand, has been smart enough to do none of that, using his weapon of silence to simply sidestep the media and find other options to package himself.

There is no doubt that the placid Akshay interview was a hit and completely sidesteps the media's sworn duty to question, question and question those in power. Somewhere, those questions were hijacked. Leaders in the industry must realise that until this lost credibility is redeemed by good, strong journalism, surrogates will be easily found, and we will tamely report it.

The saddest part is that as we hurtle down the path of self-destruction, no one cares enough to say, "Hey, wait a minute. Why is this film star doing our job?"

As a journalist for 50 years I would go to any lengths to get a one-on-one with a prime minister like Akshay Kumar did.
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

What a shameless tribe our media is!!!

They never asked a single hard hitting question to previous leaders. Now they want to do brave journalism. Modiji already gave interviews to eminent journalists like arnub and navika. What more should he do? He is not sidestepping any of the congress chamcha journos. They just became unpopular. If they lost the credibility, it's not PM's fault. I would suggest them to do introspection. But then meh. Not worth it. You dig your own grave by selling yourself. Not our duty to redeem any of you.
ani_sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ani_sharma »

Tweet by praveen patil (543)

Massive meltdown for the opposition has begun everywhere. Karyakartas are abandoning posts, booth level infrastructure is vanishing, opposition leaders have stopped spending money. Sympathietic (to opposition) local reporters have gone into slumber!

Just entering wave territory

Our reading suggests that most of the opposition is stunned because they expected MGB in UP, TMC in Bengal and INC-JDS in Karnataka to perform well in first 3 phases.
Nobody (including us) expected BJP to crush the entire opposition so strongly in these 3 states
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ani_sharma wrote:Tweet by praveen patil (543)

Massive meltdown for the opposition has begun everywhere. Karyakartas are abandoning posts, booth level infrastructure is vanishing, opposition leaders have stopped spending money. Sympathietic (to opposition) local reporters have gone into slumber!

Just entering wave territory

Our reading suggests that most of the opposition is stunned because they expected MGB in UP, TMC in Bengal and INC-JDS in Karnataka to perform well in first 3 phases.
Nobody (including us) expected BJP to crush the entire opposition so strongly in these 3 states
ghee shakar.

I just hope that 543 is right this time.
Shaktimaan
BRFite

Post by Shaktimaan »

The Congress got Modiji's biopic blocked.

So what did Modiji do? He gave his own independent, biographical interview to Akshay Kumar. As a result, all channels are covering it. A true masterstroke by the legend.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Shaktimaan wrote:The Congress got Modiji's biopic blocked.

So what did Modiji do? He gave his own independent, biographical interview to Akshay Kumar. As a result, all channels are covering it. A true masterstroke by the legend.
and the presstitutes simply can not buy enough burnol quickly enough to assuage their burning nether regions
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

Priyanka Gandhi is not being fielded from Varanasi. Very mystifying after all that hype. Is it a case of sibling power rivalry in which Rahul prevailed in the end? Because nothing else makes sense.
dipak
BRFite

Post by dipak »

nandakumar wrote:Priyanka Gandhi is not being fielded from Varanasi. Very mystifying after all that hype. Is it a case of sibling power rivalry in which Rahul prevailed in the end? Because nothing else makes sense.
Or, they have realized that Priyanka would lose her deposit along with face, if she is fielded against Modi ji from Varanasi.
dipak
BRFite

Post by dipak »

disha wrote:
Suraj wrote:What does prarambhik ahsaas mean ? Early feeling ? Sanskritized Hindi education doesn't really cover words like ahsaas.

The states being implied are probably ones Cong most depends on for $$.
Ahsaas* means Feeling in Urdu. I think it is a Urdu word. Hindi one will be Abhaas (and Kakkaji also pointed it out). Of course, Prarambhik Ahsaas means "Initial Feeling".

*Could Abhaas transformed into Ahsaas?
'Anubhuti' for 'Ahsaas'

Sorry for the OT.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

Dumal wrote:On the topic of name-calling, while it pains to hear a PM being called chor, etc totally underservedly, many of these elected leaders have well-deserved records and characters that earn them these names... even the great Orange-gutan is not spared. How can it be unjust to call out Fakeriwal, jihadidi, Maunmohan Singh et al.

That reminds me... some of whom we have not heard much about or from this election season: MMS, who even months back chimed in about the economy or RBI or something, RSS and it’s top leaders, LKA and cohorts, Lalu (maybe too old/ailing), anyone else?
Mani Shankar Aiyar has been told to shut up this election season, it seems. His Chaiwala jibe gave Modi a big boost last time
sarathy
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sarathy »

dipak wrote:
nandakumar wrote:Priyanka Gandhi is not being fielded from Varanasi. Very mystifying after all that hype. Is it a case of sibling power rivalry in which Rahul prevailed in the end? Because nothing else makes sense.
Or, they have realized that Priyanka would lose her deposit along with face, if she is fielded against Modi ji from Varanasi.
Exactly, my thoughts. They don't want their prized "weapon" to face utter defeat - which will a permanent mark. No point fielding her with near certain possibility of loss.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

dipak wrote:
she would poll a considerable number of votes but never enough to win or to even trouble Modi in the slightest.

They would have to immediately pull out resources from 4-5 other states to, at the very best, make a rather poor point. The congis simply do not have the bandwidth to pit her against an opponent like Modi and neither is she of the caliber to take on Modi ever. Even the mafia queen cannot take on Modi and win.

PGV would be typecast and identified with a loss in varanasi and would forever carry that indelible mark like the mark of satan.

Modi's handling of any crowd is highly professional, he knows their pulse and what moves them and how to phrase himself and bend them to his will. Compared to Modi, PGN is a mere rabble rouser with a rather limited repertoire of smart alecky comments. All sizzle and no steak. or to my more traditional Hidutwa brethren, all hat and no cowboy.

Her future effectiveness for the congis would be vastly reduced as she campaigned for pappu in amethi, a seat from where he will lose to smriti irani, for sure. It will prove to everyone that pappu actually got scared and away from amethi because of smriti irani.

It makes all the sense in the world to the congis for PGV to continue to maintain her media created hype of being a miracle worker and a mythically invincible one at that.

If PGV loses to Modi, the fascination of the masses for her will be much reduced, gora chamda, notwithstanding.

and finally, the eternal Indian question:

Rajiv Gandhi koi Nigerian lady se vivaah kiye hotey, gora chamda na hota, toh Congress party uski netritva sweekarti kya?

Keeping well out of the way of the onrushing Modi juggernaut is the best and safest bet for PGV now. So the congis have ensured that she lives to fight another day, dented halo and fading aura ostensibly intact or to put it in crudely political terms, virgo intacta.
Last edited by chetak on 25 Apr 2019 17:00, edited 1 time in total.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Aarti Tikoo Singh

Verified account

@AartiTikoo

Don’t know which political party is going to get a majority in the Lok Sabha elections 2019, but given what I have seen as a journalist in the field in Chhattisgarh, Assam & Jharkhand so far, it’s abundantly clear that there is a #ModiWave 2.0. #IndianElections2019
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

I think lot of people would have applauded PGV in case she had decided to fight from Varanasi including myself.
She could have shown herself to be a fearless woman ready to take on the greatest nemesis of Congress party despite knowing that She would lose the election. Atleast U-turn Kejru last time around went to Varanasi despite Modi wave. This is bad optics and akin to Rahul running away and fighting from KL.
Like Rahul in 2009, She had her chance and she blew it.
Come 2024 and she would have revealed herself to be another clueless Gandhi who knows zilch about Bharat.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

She teased several times and backed off. She lost credibility whatever she has
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

The aim of bringing in the bottle is to stop further erosion of the base, boost confidence and if possible bring few more votes. I am not sure they have achieved anyone those three.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

vijayk wrote:She teased several times and backed off. She lost credibility whatever she has
Vikas wrote:I think lot of people would have applauded PGV in case she had decided to fight from Varanasi including myself.
There could be multiple reasons.
1. She is the only unused weapon the Nehru-Ghandi clan and INC have at the moment. If she contests and loses badly the charm of that weapon is lost. Like Pappu of today she would become a Pappini. If that happens there is no one from Nehru-Ghandi clan who can make any mark.
2. If she contests her husband would be the biggest asset which Modi can use. It is quite know that none in Nehru-Ghandi clan have the oratory skills which Na.Mo has. He can make enough and more jibes & accusations against R.Vadra and P.Vadra would be always on the defensive. It is only going to dent INC image further.
3. The affidavit listing assets, cases, educational qualifications all become potential bullets for the BJP to use. May be she is not clean on all these.
4. There could be also an INC plan to test her at the pocket borough of Amethi first. If Rahul wins both Wayanad and Amethi seats he would have to resign from one and there would be a bye election. Priyanka can try her luck then, with both being sure seats of INC.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

food for thought

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Kanchan Gupta Verified account @KanchanGupta

"You want me to believe that a political alliance with MIM of Asaduddin Owaisi and Muslim League is secular, and BJP is communal?" ~ Arif Mohammed Khan on secularism and politics. #LokSabhaElections2019

7:38 PM - 23 Apr 2019
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

a liberandu burnol fest

twitter

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

chetak wrote:a liberandu burnol fest

twitter

WOW! Look at the PRESSTITUTE agony ...
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Interesting that the guy says "Bhasmasuri party." But but but... I thought Bhasmasur was the innocent tragic hero of the piece, who was shamelessly tricked by the scheming Mohini (just like their claims that Durga was a "commercial *** worker who entrapped the innocent Mahishasur." What's up, couldn't find a "non-communal" example?

Kejri used to be tagged as "bhagoda." A similar term could now be affixed (affectionately, of course) to Priyanka. "Bhagodi" maybe? Sorry, not strong in Hindi.
ani_sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ani_sharma »

Looking at modi's Road show... Just the thought that a native leader is actually getting more traction in 2019 as compared to 2014..brings tears to my eyes..

Little hard to believe what I see..surely going to add to momentum built up in first three phases.

Jai shree ram!!
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

Lots of chatter on twitter that Congoons have pulled a Musharaff and are strapping on the skis..

Chest beating by the media is a sight to behold..
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

So INC has fielded (Ganpat) Rai again from Varanasi. I guess they can't find anyone else that can take it like a man.
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

chetak wrote:a liberandu burnol fest ...
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

KL Dubey wrote:So INC has fielded (Ganpat) Rai again from Varanasi. I guess they can't find anyone else that can take it like a man.

more like gandfatrai.

I had a boss with a similar name, a long time ago and he was universally known as "gandfatrai"
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

ramana wrote:
Primusji
We got 651 impressions in one hour. Lots of likes.

You need to get a Twitter account.
OMG Ramana Ji, I am speechless!

I am a bit shy of the public sphere, perhaps if our dreams come true and we truly have the new Azadi :)

But thanks, it does seem to get the message across.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

This guy claims Praveen Patil is playing with folks emotions.
https://twitter.com/AgentSaffron/status ... 4288694272

True, hoax, pys-ops?
salaam
BRFite

Post by salaam »

Karan M wrote:This guy claims Praveen Patil is playing with folks emotions.

True, hoax, pys-ops?
This was discussed few pages back. Further, RamanaJi asked “no more discussion of PP’s motives here”.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Narendra Modi is conducting a road show on narrow roads with tens of thousands of people every where. And its dark.
What is this madness? He should stop this BS.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

salaam wrote:
Karan M wrote:This guy claims Praveen Patil is playing with folks emotions.

True, hoax, pys-ops?
This was discussed few pages back. Further, RamanaJi asked “no more discussion of PP’s motives here”.
Thanks
Page 43
Boy, this thread moves fast.
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

hanumadu wrote:Narendra Modi is conducting a road show on narrow roads with tens of thousands of people every where. And its dark.
What is this madness? He should stop this BS.

Exactly my thoughts - its scary when I saw it on FB