2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by Rahul M »

UlanBatori wrote:Isn't there a color version of that murdered-calf photo to post around the web? Too late now, KL voting over, but it might do good in other states.

PLEASE don't post it here though. Thx
here you go.

http://static.asianetnews.com/images/fc ... /image.jpg
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

If I were "uncommitted" Indian voter, I would protest at my vote for, say, LDF meaning that I also support INC in the Maha Gaddha - Bandars. And I may get mad enough to go vote BJP for that reason.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

sudeepj wrote:Dont feel so bad.. History in India appears to follow a roughly 35 year rhythm. This election will be a reflection of the 84 election. I still remember, as 3rd 4th grade school children, we booed a bunch of BJP karyakartas who were college students. Such was the mahaul.. :-) Today, I saw on twitter, a bunch of school kids in Varanasi, stuck in a traffic jam and enthusiastically supporting Modi. I was only 'feeling' that this was going to be a landmark election for India. Now, I am certain, it will be a landslide. When you become a hero for school going kids.. elections are over. Party is not fighting the election any more. People are fighting the election.
Modi winning and motivating young kids is all good. I still have 2 T-shirts we printed for him when he visited our city and filled stadium. I'm mostly referring to this thread and what is coming out.

On 84 election, are you referring Rajiv Gandhi landslide win? That is purely sentiment of Indira Gandhi election and no comparison to this year 2019 election. 2014 is watershed year as it is end of Congress in India. I'll think through that rhythm as I have my own cycle (no SP or TDP logo) theories that is different.

It was also great moment for us Telugus as TDP was the largest opposition party in Indian Parliament, I had my squirrel contribution to our Rama.
Last edited by ShyamSP on 26 Apr 2019 00:25, edited 1 time in total.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

VDPAssociates
@VDPAssociates
Uttar Pradesh.Odisha,West Bengal,Karnataka,Tamil Nadu results likely to stun political pundits and analysts #LokSabhaElections2019
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Ouch!! which way? Kanson territory?
Vadivel
BRFite

Post by Vadivel »

Arguably India’s top industrialist, Mukesh Ambani has declared his support to the Congress candidate from South Mumbai, Milind Deora, in a conspicuous fashion, through a video, which the young Mr Deora released with gratitude.

Needless to say, the senior Ambani’s endorsement counts for something — in the world of trade and industry and outside it too. It carries weight because it can help to change perceptions. Remember, the downslide of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s UPA-2 government began when another top industry figure, Aziz Premji, had decried it as suffering from “policy paralysis”.

https://www.asianage.com/opinion/edit/2 ... -bets.html
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

Not that it matters, but VDP Associates has EJ sympathies...linked to AAP...
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

UlanBatori wrote:If I were "uncommitted" Indian voter, I would protest at my vote for, say, LDF meaning that I also support INC in the Maha Gaddha - Bandars. And I may get mad enough to go vote BJP for that reason.
Is there cross-voting between UDF and LDF to stop communalists? It is not clear from public news on to what extent this sharing went on. 1-3 seats in KL is good thing for BJP to get deep into Kerala next time at least.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Supratik wrote:Ouch!! which way? Kanson territory?
No indication. He is a pollster. Check his survey and take a guess
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

rgosain wrote:It is really important to guard against group think coming from confirmation biases or mirror imagining (leave that for for npr, ammanpour, rowlatt etc)
It would be interesting to get non english language regional reports on turnout etc, as well as input from the opposition such as:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 022297.cms
All sides make these claims during elections. Congress was making them even in 2014. BJP made them in the state elections they lost. They have to since otherwise people will not vote for them in subsequent phases. It does not mean anything and is not a true barometer of where things are actually heading.
Vadivel
BRFite

Post by Vadivel »

UlanBatori wrote:If I were "uncommitted" Indian voter, I would protest at my vote for, say, LDF meaning that I also support INC in the Maha Gaddha - Bandars. And I may get mad enough to go vote BJP for that reason.
Apart from cow belt that picture would not evince much emotion, non-cow belt states would view it as just animal being killed for political reason unfairly, but that would not make them change their mind from voting non-BJP.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Lilo wrote:In context of today's visuals from Hindi heartland,

So called "Janeudhari" Rahul Gandhi & his sister Priyanka Gandhi seen smiling together with Rijil Makkutty , the Kerala youth congress president who dragged a calf of a cow & brutally butchered it in the middle of the street to remind the Hindus of their Dhimmi status
pics deleted
can you tweet the pics?
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Not true. Anywhere north of KL, TN you are likely to get lynched if you do it openly.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

So VDP gave 28 to TMC and 13 to BJP in WB.

If TMC gets 35 and BJP 6, it's not a surprise because TMC is giant there.

Only upset is if 20+ to BJp and <20 to TMC
rgosain
BRFite

Post by rgosain »

In europe he would be imprisoned (6yrs +) for animal cruelty, offending public decency, illegal animal slaughter not to mention liable for a massive civil fine. These laws were brought in to stop halal slaughters.
In the the USA, probably shot for rustling
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

rhytha wrote:
Apart from cow belt that picture would not evince much emotion, non-cow belt states would view it as just animal being killed for political reason unfairly, but that would not make them change their mind from voting non-BJP.
Lets separate religious sentiments and voting. Anti-BJP doesn't mean Anti-Hindu except in some obvious pockets.

None of temple towns and villages accept it doing openly such as in the picture. It may happen in converted areas that too in their own places or Universities filled with Urban Naxals such as Osmania, JNU, who do it in the name so-called beef festival. Even Muslims when they are less in numbers such as in Andhra don't do it or eat it. Only Converts and UNaxals have that fetish.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

vijayk wrote:
So VDP gave 28 to TMC and 13 to BJP in WB.

If TMC gets 35 and BJP 6, it's not a surprise because TMC is giant there.

Only upset is if 20+ to BJp and <20 to TMC
UP too … he gave only 30 … so may be 50 terrirtory
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Supratik wrote:Not true. Anywhere north of KL, TN you are likely to get lynched if you do it openly.
Even in rural TN, you would get lynched. Hindu villages can be and often are, very ruthless against cow killers. OTOH, in Jihadi and EJ areas of all states, it goes on quite openly. These areas, though part of India, are areas where the writ of the Indian state does not run at all.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Watched some of the videos of the road show after dark, scary from a security perspective. But looking at the faces of the people showering him with flower petals from the balconies, even if these would not reach him, was jaw-dropping. One feels as if it is the inauguration of a King and the Devas are showering their blessings from heaven. Never seen anything like this before. You don't need any polls or analysis from anybody. This is enough evidence to tell you that UP will elect him PM again. Earlier they showed a little boy in the balcony with a bag full of flowers, saying he was going to put it on Modi. If a boy has this feeling, imagine the mood of the population as a whole.

Yes, we all suffer from our own cognitive bias, but there is no doubt in my mind that something is happening in India today that is unprecedented and will change the world as we know it.
Last edited by Primus on 26 Apr 2019 06:51, edited 1 time in total.
DharmaB
BRFite

Post by DharmaB »

IMO, all statistical analysis are far from perfect. There will always be some element of surprise. Despite that, going by sense of emotions on the ground (the other side too experiencing emotions of loosing :eek: ) in different parts of the country, and combining with Google Trends :D , it most likely appears that BJP will cross 300. :)
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

rhytha wrote:
There is a tremendous amount of internalized Hindu phobia that results in even well meaning people repeat Hindu terms that are clearly intended to be used in a pejorative sense..

What is the meaning of the term Cow belt? What is the west, the Dog belt? What is Arabia.. the Camel belt?

Other similar terms: 'Hindu rate of growth'.. 'Bhakta' is a more recent coinage.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

ShyamSP wrote:
sudeepj wrote:Dont feel so bad.. History in India appears to follow a roughly 35 year rhythm. This election will be a reflection of the 84 election. I still remember, as 3rd 4th grade school children, we booed a bunch of BJP karyakartas who were college students. Such was the mahaul.. :-) Today, I saw on twitter, a bunch of school kids in Varanasi, stuck in a traffic jam and enthusiastically supporting Modi. I was only 'feeling' that this was going to be a landmark election for India. Now, I am certain, it will be a landslide. When you become a hero for school going kids.. elections are over. Party is not fighting the election any more. People are fighting the election.
Modi winning and motivating young kids is all good. I still have 2 T-shirts we printed for him when he visited our city and filled stadium. I'm mostly referring to this thread and what is coming out.

On 84 election, are you referring Rajiv Gandhi landslide win? That is purely sentiment of Indira Gandhi election and no comparison to this year 2019 election. 2014 is watershed year as it is end of Congress in India. I'll think through that rhythm as I have my own cycle (no SP or TDP logo) theories that is different.
Wrong, that was a national security election, not merely a sympathy election. 2019 has echos of national security and national pride being the primary motivating factors again.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

rhytha wrote:
Where are you getting this from? What exactly is cow belt? Is MH or Gujarat part of it. This would definitely not be acceptable in either of those places. Neither, in KA or both Telugu states. Actually apart from KL, can only think of Kashmir valley, pissfool areas of WB, libtard saturated areas of Dilli and perhaps some areas of NE where this might go unchallenged.
rgosain
BRFite

Post by rgosain »

sudeepj wrote:
rhytha wrote:
There is a tremendous amount of internalized Hindu phobia that results in even well meaning people repeat Hindu terms that are clearly intended to be used in a pejorative sense..

What is the meaning of the term Cow belt? What is the west, the Dog belt? What is Arabia.. the Camel belt?

Other similar terms: 'Hindu rate of growth'.. 'Bhakta' is a more recent coinage.
You can create a bulls..t bingo chart with these terms when used by the establishment media in the West and their local sepoys. Another one that is racist is "Hindu Nationalist"..the equivalent of saying Zionist.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

rgosain wrote:
sudeepj wrote:

You can create a bulls..t bingo chart with these terms when used by the establishment media in the West and their local sepoys. Another one that is racist is "Hindu Nationalist"..the equivalent of saying Zionist.
Not just bullshit.. internalized Hindu hatred. We need to remind people that picking up terms that are sacred in a particular tradition and using them in a pejorative sense is not acceptable. There is actually a concise one word term to describe this.. Racism.
rgosain
BRFite

Post by rgosain »

sudeepj wrote:
rgosain wrote:
Not just bullshit.. internalized Hindu hatred. We need to remind people that picking up terms that are sacred in a particular tradition and using them in a pejorative sense is not acceptable. There is actually a concise one word term to describe this.. Racism.
Take it easy..No offense meant. Bullshit bingo are a series of racist cliches that is used by the media to insult and demean.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

^^ none taken Gosain ji, BR is a 'safe place' for nationalists. My first assumption is to treat every one as a nationalist. I am sure you and Rhytha ji are both hard core nationalists at heart.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Racism and Hinduphobia is clearly evident in US when we look at the treatment given to Tulsi where even Democrats which is her party platform haven't refrained from pouring vileness while going overboard to shield elected Muslim members from everything wrong about Islam.

It's the US where people use words this vs that belt. Recently I have even seen our well to do people use words like racist on social media to describe caste votebank politics. People who don't know much about India and westerners inside commenting on India and Hindus.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

KLNMurthy wrote: can you tweet the pics?
UlanBatori wrote:Isn't there a color version of that murdered-calf photo to post around the web? Too late now, KL voting over, but it might do good in other states.

PLEASE don't post it here though. Thx
Posted few additional color pics to a twitter account of mine.

https://twitter.com/suprati_/status/1121470285293559808

https://twitter.com/suprati_/status/1121510497688285184
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

rgosain and sudeepj,
Please do collaborate and create such a bingo card for quick reference.
Just like Shiv's oil drop let chart.

it would be a good idea.

rhytha, Did you shutdown India Forum?
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://twitter.com/RatanSharda55/statu ... 4831221761

Ratan Sharda

@RatanSharda55

Unbelievable levels of #RepublicOfTMC!!
#TMC leader pulls out gun in live Debate!!!
@BJP4India spokesperson stands his ground bravely.
TMC has lost public perception already.

Just watch in live
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

It's not a gun, it's the mike.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

I wish he would try a stunt like that with some cops on a NYC or Chicago street.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Footage of Modi from Banaras are larger than life ! Priyanka has declied to contest from there
I have seen Jyoti Babu in his heyday. But nothing I have seen compares to this. PM @narendramodi's popularity has to be at a historic high if this is how Ranaghat, once a Red Citadel, in #WestBengal responds to him. #LoksabhaElections2019 https://twitter.com/KanchanGupta/status ... 1152811008
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://twitter.com/mvmeet/status/1120572198534696961

Chowkidar Mahesh Vikram Hegde
@mvmeet
Apr 23

Last night at Yeshwanthpur Railway Station before people were ready to catch Special Train to go & vote in their Native!!
Just watch it for sheer joy
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

rhytha wrote:Arguably India’s top industrialist, Mukesh Ambani has declared his support to the Congress candidate from South Mumbai, Milind Deora, in a conspicuous fashion, through a video, which the young Mr Deora released with gratitude.

Needless to say, the senior Ambani’s endorsement counts for something — in the world of trade and industry and outside it too. It carries weight because it can help to change perceptions. Remember, the downslide of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s UPA-2 government began when another top industry figure, Aziz Premji, had decried it as suffering from “policy paralysis”.

I did not want to reply but this one does require a reply.
Milind Deora's father Murali Deora as Union Minister of Petroleum and Chemicals helped Dhirubhai Ambani in the mid 1990s to enter the chemicals and petroleum refinery business and set him up to the great wealth.
So Mukesh Ambani owes one to the Deora family.
This endorsement is to be seen in that light and its not a pro-Congress stand.
Its a pro-Deora stand.
BTW that seat is expected to go to Shiv Sena during the elections.
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

What you are seeing in front of your own eyes is the rebirth of the greatest civilization on this planet after a thousand years. All these pundits , the endless debates are worthless. primusji has it right . May Bhagwan Vishnu protect him.This is no landslide this is a tsunami.

Jai Hind

Choukidar Suresh S
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

ramana wrote:
rhytha wrote:Arguably India’s top industrialist, Mukesh Ambani has declared his support to the Congress candidate from South Mumbai, Milind Deora, in a conspicuous fashion, through a video, which the young Mr Deora released with gratitude.

I did not want to reply but this one does require a reply.
Milind Deora's father Murali Deora as Union Minister of Petroleum and Chemicals helped Dhirubhai Ambani in the mid 1990s to enter the chemicals and petroleum refinery business and set him up to the great wealth.
So Mukesh Ambani owes one to the Deora family.
This endorsement is to be seen in that light and its not a pro-Congress stand.
Its a pro-Deora stand.
BTW that seat is expected to go to Shiv Sena during the elections.
Ramanaji, a similar post is also in the oil and gas thread.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Something to ponder upon

https://twitter.com/KanchanGupta/status ... 3642620928
Election Commission of #India has made Facebook remove 574 posts; Twitter to delete 49 accounts during first 3 phases of #LokSabhaElections2019 for violating poll rules. Same Election Commission has not acted on bogus voting and violence in #WestBengal.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Good one from Prof Vaidyanathan covering What Modi did good, what expectatios fulfilled or missed and what to do next term.
https://youtu.be/xjYsepFI_ac

(Critique doesn't mean Anti)