2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
khatvaanga
BRFite

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by khatvaanga »

an interesting article. https://www.opindia.com/2019/04/why-i-t ... eve-in-it/

doesnt give any numbers but overall on why Modi will win.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

fanne wrote:
3.543 is victim of above. The first person on twitter to claim that he had a fallout with his original team and is bankrupt is a peace loving secular handle. After that it was rightly picked and spread knowingly by C-system handles and unknowingly by viruses....
wasn't the original handle agentsaffron aka @vanara ? not exactly a peace loving secular handle. although I must say he did not provide any source or explain where he got it.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

AshishAcharya wrote:
Singha wrote:there is no way in hell BJP can form a govt with 183 seats.
And it even if it forms a govt it will be like handicapped govt With dynastic allies and their corruption running rampant. I hope if BJP forms govt, they do it with 250+ seats. Can't trust these local corrupt dynastic leaders.
let's make some things clear. 225 is the floor of BJP's possible MP's in the next lok sabha. (don't believe me ? Go and read my post above on BJP's chances in WB. If a VERY biased hardcore anti-BJP person is grudgingly having to say that about WB, you can imagine the situation elsewhere)
I can very confidently say it wont go lower than that in any case. It might go MUCH higher of course.

So ignore the naysayers, keep the faith in the country and keep fighting. Our nation has not had a chance like this for a very long time, we should do everything in our power to bring this home.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Picklu, voting percentage in WB is good. People are disgusted with TMC with violence and intimidation. Rigging is getting difficult as central forces increase. Overall I am getting news of change from WB. How much is the question. Even it seems INC is doing well In M belt.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Picklu wrote:
Picklu wrote:everyone who is hoping for a good showing of BJP in WB, this is for them

https://twitter.com/SirfNewsIndia/statu ... 9372079104

The strategy is not just killing opponent supporters but taking a video and circulate that widely so that the atmosphere of terror is wide spread. The exact psychology followed by malsi terrorists.
Please spread this far and wide, make it viral so that EC is forced to take action
why ?

it says :
Russian President Putin said he wanted to see full denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula, which could be achieved only through the respect for international law @KremlinRussia_E
:-?
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

I saw a very satisfying video clipping of that prick Hardik Patel getting slapped.. He has joined Kujliwal in the hallowed hall of 'Dramabazis who got ***** slapped publicly'

Waiting for the day when such dramabaazis get drop kicked on stage..that would be a sight for sure..
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

For some reason, videos were removed but sirf India has article on their website. Were they forced to remove it?

https://www.sirfnews.com/bjp-cadre-lync ... nsibility/
praksam
BRFite

Post by praksam »

varshar wrote:
rhytha wrote:I think this thread needs to sober up, it’s drunk too much with cool aid and missing many signs. Reading only news and opinions that fit this world view is not good.PP or other twitter handles are only parroting their world view and seeing what they want to see with their biases.

BJP is not going to reach the 2014 numbers in UP, MH,MP, GUj etc. Offsetting these in WB, Odisha is a non starter, Didi and BJD are too strong.

TN, TS, AP, KL BJP might win a grand total of 5 seats with Ally AIADMK giving another 5-8.

From the way you guys are discussing it’s like building castle in the sky.
Thanks for that sensible post. Only items I'd add to your points is continuation of vote-share reversals for BJP in Raj., JH, & Chhattisgarh due to rural & tribal distress plus minimal gains (if any) in Assam & NE due to citizenship bill.

@arshyam & @Shanmukh have posted very realistic state-wise assessments on this thread earlier. My projected tally for BJP is 183 with the following break-up viz. PB 1, AP+AP 1, AS 5, T 1, KL 1, KA 9, TN 1, WB 5, OD 4, All of NE 4, RJ 14, GJ 22, BH 12, MH 18, CHH 4, JH 7, MP 18, GO 1, UK 3, HP 2, UP 35, NCT 5, HR 5, JK 2, AN 1, CH 1, DNH 0, DDN 1, & L+P 0.

I'm a big votary of internal reforms within BJP plus broader party leadership that setbacks in GE 2019 might help accelerate. Anyway, this will not be terminal since BJP might be able to form sarkar with allies plus outside support.

Cheers,
Varun
I am into a trade where I get to meet lot of local people in Bangalore who are sons of soils type. One of my customer was a ex minister in the kangress. He dropped in today to do some shopping and I asked him this question as to to who will win from Karnataka. He said very confidently that BJP has a very strong chance and they will definitely get somewhere between 16 - 18 seats in this election. Few more people that I had spoken to who are politically well informed we're of the opinion that Congress has a very remote chance of forming the govt. Another indication of the situation can be guaged by the fact that there is hectic activities in the govt. depts here to clear the pending files so that the babus can make as much money before the guard changes.
DharmaB
BRFite

Post by DharmaB »

Whatever models, and doing all the mathematics with them, we still have to wait for 23rd May to be certain of the outcome for exact figures. Below or above majority !! But those figures are built up on emotions of the public during the election process both at micro & macro level. The naysayers talking about ground realities or "building castles in the sky" by bhakts... I mean what else on earth one is supposed to do other than using the best available sources and in good hope trying to build a positive momentum for next phases. Is that not the purpose of BRF? Even if we agree that those naysayers are right, what next? Should we all go under depression and don't spread positive hope to add whatever little to Modi Wave ?? What is the objective of naysayers? (other than demoralize even the good soldiers of BRF !!)

Even the current numbers of Cong & MGB (vote share) are built upon those emotions of the people in the past. No one can assume that those numbers are hard figures which does not change. At one point they also started from zero and built by the hard work (deception I would say) by those leaders of the parties. Same way now nationalists are trying to create a wave to change those numbers in the larger interests of the Nation. There is no reason to get depressed or lose hope especially at this stage when most of the events are signalling towards a positive change. All it needs is little more push, that what most of us are doing anyway. Lets hope for the best and do our little part in nation building by helping NaMo winning a majority mandate.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Supratik wrote:Picklu, voting percentage in WB is good. People are disgusted with TMC with violence and intimidation. Rigging is getting difficult as central forces increase. Overall I am getting news of change from WB. How much is the question. Even it seems INC is doing well In M belt.
I guess that was the idea of having WB vote in all seven phases, a few seats at a time...so central forces can be concentrated. Didi was furious about that, for good reason. I think the increased central presence will be a huge boost for free and fair voting.

Does anyone on the ground in WB have an overall picture (not "I didn't see any CRPF at my local booth") on the central forces presence this time versus 2014 LS and 2016 VS ?
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

They tried in ph 1 but had limited success. Security was gradually increased in ph2 and ph3. Now they have changed tactic and are threatening with dire consequences both before vote and after vote. My relatives have gone totally silent on whom to vote except the committed ones (to CPIM and TMC).
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

This is crazy. Why cant we deploy the Army or CRPF or central paramils en masse?
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

Karan M wrote:This is crazy. Why cant we deploy the Army or CRPF or central paramils en masse?
Maybe, one of the outcomes of Pulwama, as gamed by the Pakis was the limit to which the army can be deployed at the border and not at the booth.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

We have amongst the highest number of central paramil forces possible. Deploy them. The EC should just stop, redo the elections in WB for this Phase. This level of criminality and violence is unacceptable.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Just FYI -

According to BB's detailed analysis of Phase 3 that came out today, BJP and NDA did very well in MH (maintaining 2014 levels), OR (beyond all expectations), UP (overall similar to 2014 levels, but slightly more traction for MGB in Phase 3), and BH (nearly clean sweep).

GJ as expected will be a nearly clean sweep and KA has been a huge Modi wave (20+ seats expected).

Reasons given are: people voting to elect Modi as PM regardless of local politix; counter-polarization in response to MGB and UPA; vote transfer issues in MGB and UPA versus excellent vote transfer between NDA allies; and deep penetration of Modi sarkar schemes.
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

Rahul M wrote:
AshishAcharya wrote:
And it even if it forms a govt it will be like handicapped govt With dynastic allies and their corruption running rampant. I hope if BJP forms govt, they do it with 250+ seats. Can't trust these local corrupt dynastic leaders.
let's make some things clear. 225 is the floor of BJP's possible MP's in the next lok sabha. (don't believe me ? Go and read my post above on BJP's chances in WB. If a VERY biased hardcore anti-BJP person is grudgingly having to say that about WB, you can imagine the situation elsewhere)
I can very confidently say it wont go lower than that in any case. It might go MUCH higher of course.

So ignore the naysayers, keep the faith in the country and keep fighting. Our nation has not had a chance like this for a very long time, we should do everything in our power to bring this home.
Even I am happy at the numbers I am getting everywhere. But we must not forget 2004. Thus at this point I believe, I will bring as many people as I can to vote for BJP till the last phase gets over. I believe we must not speculate about the numbers. It will either depress some of us or make some of us complacent. Even Modi mentioned that we must not buy into media reports and vote as much we can. As a first time voter, I think this is a once in a generation opportunity that will decide the fate of the country, and I will do what I am supposed to do i.e vote and convince others to vote.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

Karan M wrote:We have amongst the highest number of central paramil forces possible. Deploy them. The EC should just stop, redo the elections in WB for this Phase. This level of criminality and violence is unacceptable.
I agree that this needs to stop. It is really hurts to watch people being beaten and especially women. What kind of man does that to a women? (In ref. to a horrific video posted on Rishi Bagree's twitter timeline)

We have already deployed 100 companies of CAPF in Kashmir, prior to Balakot, this apart from doing election duty, fighting the Maoists in addition to regular duty.

Not arguing your point, just thinking aloud on the deployment of the CAP Forces and their availability.

(Edited to add video link)
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

No saar people are being hanged from trees and murdered in daylight in WB.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Sidharth wrote:
jamwal wrote:
All these people like this Sidharth here present themselves as level headed, liberal, concise, erudite, objective etc etc. But ask them if they have anything like a fact to offer instead of their opinion and dreams of "Idea of India", they draw a blank.
Jamwal-ji, spare that rod from me please. I am trying to clear some air on why this much excitement on BJP winning is a bit too far fetched and along with it, explaining the reasons.

Since this is an election thread, I will stick to it, but allow me to clear some air before that. You see, I recently (less than year ago) took an early retirement from corporate job and started a small business. So far, it is doing ok. Having worked in various corporate roles in US, Mexico, Germany, Indonesia etc, I can vouch for the importance of diversity and hence my posts always touches up on it.....................
If I may, most of us who have lived abroad for a while (over 35 yrs in my case) have also seen a lot of diversity and yet most of the countries you mention are hardly as diverse as India is. India has a far greater diversity of religion, race, ethnicity, cuisine, political inclination, etc. Where else would you find the 'Governor' of a State being a Commie? So the idea that somehow the unwashed masses of India need more diversity in their daily lives does not seem to ring true for me.

And you have not answered the question of how the BJP is reducing this diversity and how the Congress would be a better choice.
Oh one more thing. About what my thoughts are on the future of this country. You see all these development etc are great. But had it not been to our fore-fathers who worshipped, respected and took care of this land, the mountains, the trees, the animals with such utmost divine care, we would have inherited a saudi arabian desert. The way we are exploiting everything in the name of development, I guess we will be handing down a desert soon. May be that should be the main thing in the manifesto and not a glorified side note. Well then, that is just my take on our future planning. What is yours.
A bit disingenuous don't you think? Given that the two major Western States you seem to be so enamored of have been the worst offenders as far as the exploitation of the planet is concerned? And now you want the Indian government, specifically the BJP to stop all development in the nation because that will destroy the planet completely?

It is our very ethos of Sanatan Dharma that has been sidelined, nay, damaged almost irreparably by the Congress regime over the years, and is what the BJP is attempting to restore.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Maybe a strong campaign to declare WB elections void, impose President's rule / Martial Law? Central forces are badly needed, to replace WB polis. NaMo is still PM, isn't he? Basic human rights are taken away from WB Indian citizens, what is the central govt doing?
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

#ModiOnAajTak is trending on Twitter. Did not get a chance to watch. But most Pidis/Traitors/Terrorist Enablers are already pooping all over and barking at AATAK. If anyone watched, post some snippets and what you think
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

UlanBatori wrote:Maybe a strong campaign to declare WB elections void, impose President's rule / Martial Law? Central forces are badly needed, to replace WB polis. NaMo is still PM, isn't he? Basic human rights are taken away from WB Indian citizens, what is the central govt doing?
UPA would have probably gone to many different lengths including declaring emergency like Nehru dynasty has done before. EC is obviously busy bringing down social media campaigns and movie released instead of live broadcasting of booth environments. Similar for fake news channels who could also be broadcasting this.

After alienating North East people the way Congress and Nehru dynasty had along with license raj, no Congress supporter should be talking about diversity and openness.
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

vijayk wrote:#ModiOnAajTak is trending on Twitter. Did not get a chance to watch. But most Pidis/Traitors/Terrorist Enablers are already pooping all over and barking at AATAK. If anyone watched, post some snippets and what you think
was good in parts - depending on the questions that is. It started off with swasti vachakam being played in the background and i was paying much attention to it than to the acual questions but rewatched it. good questions and good answers too. Until Rahul Kanwal came around. He asked some biased questions which Modi called out. Then his line of quetioning improved.
Anjana Om Kashyap asked some pretty good solid straight questions [just like Swati Singh who started the interview] and Modi answered them pretty openly and clearly. If you are hard on time watch the first 20 mins until Rahul comes on, and then the last 15 mins.
Shaktimaan
BRFite

Post by Shaktimaan »

vijayk wrote:#ModiOnAajTak is trending on Twitter. Did not get a chance to watch. But most Pidis/Traitors/Terrorist Enablers are already pooping all over and barking at AATAK. If anyone watched, post some snippets and what you think

Here is the full interview saar.

A very thorough interview. They asked all the tough questions and Modiji answered them all like a boss. For example Modiji himself said our BJP sarkaar in Kashmir was an example of mahamilawat ie political parties of opposite ideologies coming together simply for the sake of forming the government.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Singha wrote:nirav modi denied bail. next hearing may24.

judge rejected his offer 1 million pound bond and electronic ankle tag.
He will be deported despite all the money in the world.
Note the date 24 May right after results are announced.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Folks I closed the report on GeorgeM.

I think the best option is to rebut his point of view and has been done.

George, Why did you have o register as Sidharth?
This is not a exclusionary forum.
Don't do that in future.
If you get banned it will be for you views and not for your religion.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

We will all be around on 24 May.
And then lets compare the predictions.
I suggest not to post your biases as it spoils the spirit in which this thread was opened.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Most beautiful settings, aesthetics and 3 interviewers kanwal guy, anjana kashyap & Sweta Singh took interview on the ghat, on the multistory boat and Masterfully Modi educated through their questions, in the end he said ..."now on social media anjana kashyap will get 10,000 abuses, Sweta Singh will get 15,000 Gaalis (expletives), and kanwal will be praised" :rotfl:
dnivas
BRFite

Post by dnivas »

Manish_Sharma wrote:
Most beautiful settings, aesthetics and 3 interviewers kanwal guy, anjana kashyap & Sweta Singh took interview on the ghat, on the multistory boat and Masterfully Modi educated through their questions, in the end he said ..."now on social media anjana kashyap will get 10,000 abuses, Sweta Singh will get 15,000 Gaalis (expletives), and kanwal will be praised" :rotfl:
That was really funny. The lady anchor on the right almost fell down laughing. Thanks for pointing it out.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

And we can tell who will give the gaalis and who will praise!!!
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Manish_Sharma wrote:
Brilliant free style interview. Must watch. Don't miss.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

From December to 3rd week of March I travelled following areas:

1. Taran Taaran & Gurdaspur

2. Jabalpur

3. Sriganganagar, Suratgarh, Anupgarh & Vishalgarh.

4. Meerut, Rishikesh

5. I also met some Tamil people from Coimbatur.

I have been doing one man survey since December. There is huge Modi Tsunami, reason why Smriti Irani is fighting against Rahul even after defeat is that there's Modi Tsunami.

The reason why kejri, priyanka, mayawati, akhilesh, tejaswi aren't fighting election is because there's Modi Tsunami.

Why kejri accepted defeat yesterday saying Raul is responsible for BJP victory.

Why akhilesh saying Modi victory will be due to Congress and rahul not putting up fight. We know that is false, except rai barely & amethi all 228 candidates are put up strategically to eat into BJP votes, to split Hindu votes. So BJP comes short of 272. But internal survey of SP knows BJP victory is imminent... hence they are preparing defense already.

Why didn't congie cabal or other milaawati parties raise objections in middle of mp, Rajasthan, chhatisgarh & karnataka elections about EVM? Because they were sure of victory or at least a close finish. But looking at there internal surveys , they are shocked and preparing excuses in advance; BECAUSE THERE'S MODI TSUNAMI.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

At least Modi is laughing and relaxed, doesn't look worried after 3 phases. I take it as good sign.
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

ramana wrote:And we can tell who will give the gaalis and who will praise!!!
the joy on Swati's & Anjana's faces was so visible. Rahul K seemed to be in pain...
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

Manish_Sharma wrote:From December to 3rd week of March I travelled following areas:

I have been doing one man survey since December. There is huge Modi Tsunami, reason why Smriti Irani is fighting against Rahul even after defeat is that there's Modi Tsunami.

Why didn't congie cabal or other milaawati parties raise objections in middle of mp, Rajasthan, chhatisgarh & karnataka elections about EVM? Because they were sure of victory or at least a close finish. But looking at there internal surveys , they are shocked and preparing excuses in advance; BECAUSE THERE'S MODI TSUNAMI.
but sir you are wearing bhagwa colored glasses.. hence discounted.
salaam
BRFite

Post by salaam »

khatvaanga wrote:
Manish_Sharma wrote:From December to 3rd week of March I travelled following areas:

but sir you are wearing bhagwa colored glasses.. hence discounted.
I find it funny with so many new members (easily identified as trainee), are all trolls. Some subtle, some in your face. To all of them, this is a nationalistic forum, go back to twitter and FB.

* all generalizations have outliers, including this one.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Mode Note: If you think someone is trolling, ignore them, report their posts or counter their arguments. Calling them trolls or any other names is not going to help and might earn you a warning if you persist with it.
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

Satta bazaar -
Thakkar Sameet

@thakkar_sameet
11h11 hours ago
More
BJP getting 275 seats odds are down to 2.50 paisa from 4.00 paisa & people are asking is their #ModiWave
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Came by email. Our SocMed warriors kindly do the needful onlee, thx.
Sent: Fri, Apr 26, 2019 2:10 am
Subject: [ElectionTransparency] ECI: Murder of polling agent in West Bengal? Who will account for this life? Is ECI simply not capable to act? (resend)

Dear Honorable Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Deodar:

We at Save India Democracy are aghast at these killings in West Bengal and hold Election Commission of India responsible for deaths. The Panchayat elections last year showed the very ugly truths about West Bengal election violence and social media is buzz with even videos of local goons directing each voter which party to vote making a mockery of the whole system. The persisting questions are given that the local ruling party is perpetrating this violence while state Police looks other way, on what basis central forces are not placed in 100% of the constituencies? What actions are being taken on Mamata Banerjee who is reported to have openly instigating her cadres to go against central forces when there are videos of the speeches of one of her minister on social media?

This school teacher who was killed has a family, he is a husband and perhaps a father of children. Who will take care of them? What actions has ECI taken against the State Chief Minister? Why cannot ECI recommend suspension of State Government while the elections are being held, if that is the only course to stop the violence? Why is there no FIR against the Chief Minister and her ministers for instigating violence?

Sadly, the ECI bureaucracy is simply not up to the task of handling the run away violence in West Bengal in spite of so much history. What compensation would ECI provide for the family? Who will take care of them?

I am also giving the pictures of the West Bengal violence during last year Panchayat elections and it is a shame that no real action has been taken on those who perpetrated it.

https://www.indiatoday.in/elections/lok ... 2019-04-23

Polling agent found dead in West Bengal's Dakshin Dinajpur
A polling agent has been found dead in West Bengal's Dakshin Dinajpur.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

29 April Phase 4, 71 seats go to polls.
The big hitters are Rajasthan-1, Maha-last and UP- 4th MP -1

Bengal off course goes through 4th phase along with Bihar.