2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by abhijitm »

Manish_Sharma wrote:Kejriwal sets up another "being slapped" session for himself in Delhi Karampura... desperate times demand desperate measures
Saala nautanki. Trying to generate sympathy.
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

Crams in my life,s journey probably I got saved from the same thinking pattern as yours from my early life in a very small town in rajasthan literally surrounded by temples and hindu culture. Had i been born and raised in a metro in india in very early life i suspect my thinking would have been same as yours. I did go through a short period of confusion in early adulhood but the strong Hindu upbringing in very early life saved me.In early adulthood I happen to come across statistcs in the eighties once about ECFMG pass rate and I was shocked to find that India had the best pass rate in the world almost double the rest of the world rate. This inspite of no exposure to that system of exam in the eighties and all sorts of hurdles placed in our way.I was still in India than. The rest of my life,s journey as I observed and experienced and grew up in the west long before it become fashionable to be termed nationalist/ bhakat/from the cow belt/ sanghi etc I became staunchly a hindu nationalist. I also took a vow once in anger after being racially abused in the eighties in UK that before I die I want to see india as the pre eminent country in the world culturally, economically and militarily as it always was.

I remember arguments about our culture, about Indian army in the eighties and nineties. I sensed a inferiority complex born out of a millenia of occupation and torture of Hindu culture among Indians and lot of this was from educated Indians.I constantly fought against it. This fighting continued in the west at every level and all the time with the goras.I have seen my thinking validated over the last few decades. Your statement simply reinforces that thinking.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

He will end up generating more mirth and less sale of BP medicine
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

CRamS wrote:Peregrine, why do you give publicity to that colonial rag Economist? Many years ago after I got my first job in US still as a brainwashed product of many of India's colonized tutors, I used to subscribe to Economist, NYT, and Wall Street journal as a sign of 'sophistication' and even used to show off by quoting from those newspapers. Call me a tube light if you will :-), but it took me a long time realize that all these western publications putting out drain inspector crap about India with a condescending anti-Hindu tone, that when it comes to India, these are rags spewing the ventriloquist voices of Lutyen chutiyas smoozing with white reporters in AC 5-star hotels in Lutyen Delhi and elsewhere.

The other day, I saw an interview that Nalin Kohli did with a Jihadi anchor called Mehdi Hasan with a Brit accent on that western-funded Islamic outlet Al Jazaeera. Why KohliJi subjected himself to that torture is a mystery to me, but he was calm and answered with grace even though he didn't counter punch in a convincing manner. Kohli was mercilessly badgered on the same themes, BJP hates Muslims, Muslims are being lynched, there is "Hindu terrorism", and guess what? Mehdi Hasan chutiya as one of his data points quoted UndY on number of instances of so called 'hate speech' under ModiJi :-). I read somewhere that Islamist elite RAPE like Rana Ayyub and Saba Naqvi who enjoy all the luxuries of Lutyen's India are his regular guests spewing bile on BJP and ModiJi, make India look like ISIS. Moment you invoke ISIS in a condemnatory manner, every Islamist becomes 'moderate'.

In fact, the following tweet from SwapanDa re-iterates my view

Swapan Dasgupta

Verified account

@swapan55
Follow Follow @swapan55
More
I don’t think anything will be served by getting shirty over The Economist editorial. It has been written with inputs from India’s beleaguered liberals whose voice matters in the West. Indians should do their duty & uphold national self-interest. A Modi victory is the only answer
Cramsji, followed a similar trajectory. Grew up studying in an elite missionary school in Calcutta. Over time hated everything Indian. In the late 90's am. ashamed to say was a LCA basher. But somewhere between seeing Godhra happening and the 2004 election started going back to my roots seeking answers.

Have to credit my father who was always questioning the government and the Congress. Gifted me Himalayan Blubber on my 14th birthday, " You read about military history of all countries, time you read ours. " And my mother who in her silent way used to discuss philosophy and dharma, showing how being a doctor and having scientific temper it was important to keep an open mind.

Somewhere along the road ended up asking more questions. Travelling outside the country made me realized how despite everything India felt different not because of our leaders but because of our civilizational memory.

Today still find myself often alone when i try to discuss these truths among my fellow countrymen where i stay but i have never been more convinced.

I know our generation will most probably not see the realization of the dream but the next one will. At least the events of the last five years portend so.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

mmasand wrote:
Mukesh.Kumar wrote: Saar can't PM on forum. Could you share your mail Id?
Here is the link to the paper: https://we.tl/t-93udRHVmtV

It will expire in 2 days. Anyone should be able to open it.
Thank you sir
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

CRamS wrote:Peregrine, why do you give publicity to that colonial rag Economist? Many years ago after I got my first job in US still as a brainwashed product of many of India's colonized tutors, I used to subscribe to Economist, NYT, and Wall Street journal as a sign of 'sophistication' and even used to show off by quoting from those newspapers. Call me a tube light if you will :-), but it took me a long time realize that all these western publications putting out drain inspector crap about India with a condescending anti-Hindu tone, that when it comes to India, these are rags spewing the ventriloquist voices of Lutyen chutiyas smoozing with white reporters in AC 5-star hotels in Lutyen Delhi and elsewhere.

The other day, I saw an interview that Nalin Kohli did with a Jihadi anchor called Mehdi Hasan with a Brit accent on that western-funded Islamic outlet Al Jazaeera. Why KohliJi subjected himself to that torture is a mystery to me, but he was calm and answered with grace even though he didn't counter punch in a convincing manner. Kohli was mercilessly badgered on the same themes, BJP hates Muslims, Muslims are being lynched, there is "Hindu terrorism", and guess what? Mehdi Hasan chutiya as one of his data points quoted UndY on number of instances of so called 'hate speech' under ModiJi :-). I read somewhere that Islamist elite RAPE like Rana Ayyub and Saba Naqvi who enjoy all the luxuries of Lutyen's India are his regular guests spewing bile on BJP and ModiJi, make India look like ISIS. Moment you invoke ISIS in a condemnatory manner, every Islamist becomes 'moderate'.

In fact, the following tweet from SwapanDa re-iterates my view
Swapan Dasgupta

Verified account

@swapan55
Follow Follow @swapan55
More
I don’t think anything will be served by getting shirty over The Economist editorial. It has been written with inputs from India’s beleaguered liberals whose voice matters in the West. Indians should do their duty & uphold national self-interest. A Modi victory is the only answer!
CRamS Ji :

No Sir! It is only to HIGHLIGHT the Rantings of the Anti-India Lobby!

Sir! You Judge me WRONG!

Cheers Image
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

Suresh S wrote: I remember arguments about our culture, about Indian army in the eighties and nineties. I sensed a inferiority complex born out of a millenia of occupation and torture of Hindu culture among Indians and lot of this was from educated Indians.I constantly fought against it. This fighting continued in the west at every level and all the time with the goras.I have seen my thinking validated over the last few decades.
Though I was metro guy, given the background I grew up in (Services) there was no doubt in my mind about what was important. However, the english upbringing (school, books, newspapers) meant that BBC, NY times, India Today, Time etc. were a standard. One has to be clear that these news outlets are very sophisticated in their negative slant of their coverage of India- very very sophisticated. One cannot expose their game in a single conversation at a typical dinner party. Impossible.

It was BRF's media (7+ years ago) thread where worthies dissected articles line by line, and sometimes word by word that opened my eyes. Even now, in this very thread, posters (rgosain, sudarshan) have shown how some words are used for India that are not applied to other countries and their leaders. It helps to have objective standards towards all, and that shows up biases and hypocrisy very clearly and quickly.

Eighties and nineties was a different era with limited interaction of India with different countries. India's inferiorty complex was clearly visible (in some cases) in how Indian cricketers interacted with English/Aussie cricketers, and their attitudes to Indian cricketers was just as revealing. After the Y2K boom, desi ITvity in US/Eurpose and the arrival of internet, it is a different era. Those who came into adulthood late nineties have this benefit now. (OT).

Unrelated:
I hope India can find a way to conduct elections in 2-3 weeks next time, instead of the 7 weeks now.
Each phase take 1 week... a lot can happen in 7 weeks. And wonder how much productivity is lost, nationwide.
Are there any figures on how many companies of police are needed per phase. Do they deploy CRPF, CISF, and who else? Surely there are other paramilitary forces than can be used for a 1 week or two. How much of this goes towards IPL? Maybe treat IPL as another phase of Indian elections and push it out to phase 8 or something. 8)
Last edited by SriKumar on 04 May 2019 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

listen to IndiaTV Modi interview

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1vAxRWeRnZYKl
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

fanne wrote:He will end up generating more mirth and less sale of BP medicine
Person who slapped him is aap supporter.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Dr Praveen Patil
‏ @5Forty3
18m18 minutes ago

The base case scenario for BJP in Uttar Pradesh was around 40 seats before the elections began... The base is now (after 4 phases) shifting to 60!

Tells you why negative campaigns almost always fail.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Growing up as a young kid in bengal, if we were ever frightened by (imagined) ghosts, we were taught to say 'Ram Ram Ram' and all ghosts would feel severe discomfort and leave you alone.

Apparently also works on the current CM of WB ! :lol:

https://twitter.com/Bunibroto/status/11 ... 2655204358
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

While the leftists are vile the desi RW is not articulate and does not raise issues in a strategic way
There is now the recently coined term hinduphobia which is better than nothing but it also seems as if we are riding on the coattails of islamophobia and being equated with islam or under its umbrella.

I have been in the US since the early 90s mostly a silent observer.
political correctness is not universal but applies to groups which have become fashionable to protect, like say jews or blacks, LGBTQ, muslims being later additions. Others are open season. So while it's a good trait there is this superficial aspect to it.

Script writers in entertainment are a good barometer to gauge true behaviours since they are not under pressure:

I saw an old sitcom: theres an abcd kid in some classroom who raises his hand and asks an inane question. The teacher answers back saying in this country we don't burn women and a few other similar lines Each followed by canned laughter.

In contrast the early star-trek seemed genuinely politically correct in a way that US society was not. I asked my cousin about it and she said that it was a sort of a known thing.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

list of dynasties

Gandhi Dynasty
Gowda Dynasty
Mulayam Dynasty
Lalu Dynasty
Naidu Dynasty
Karunanidhi Dynasty
Mufti Dynasty
Pawar dynasty
Ajit Singh Dynasty
Badals
Thakreys
gogoi dynasty
scindia dynasty
pilot dynasty
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Rahul M wrote:Dr Praveen Patil
‏ @5Forty3
18m18 minutes ago

The base case scenario for BJP in Uttar Pradesh was around 40 seats before the elections began... The base is now (after 4 phases) shifting to 60!

Tells you why negative campaigns almost always fail.
60 means no loss at all. Looks like UP opposition equation below is not working..
SP + BSP > BJP - INC
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

I'm going to link this article and I think there is enough evidence to debunk it. The purpose of this posting is to provide a contrarian view.

Elections 2019: BJP Could Lose 75 Seats in Six Hindi Heartland States
Our analysis shows that the loss in terms of seats is likely to be much more dramatic than the loss in vote share.

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Singha wrote:list of dynasties

Gandhi Dynasty
Gowda Dynasty
Mulayam Dynasty
Lalu Dynasty
Naidu Dynasty
Karunanidhi Dynasty
Mufti Dynasty
Pawar dynasty
Ajit Singh Dynasty
Badals
Thakreys
gogoi dynasty
scindia dynasty
pilot dynasty
Banerjee dynasty.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Being a Canadian citizen, I don't think Akshay Kumar serves in the Army (even in a honorary capacity like Dhoni or Sachin for IAF). However he has engaged with Army in a very positive way and has even set up an app to provide donations for the Army relief fund.

Glad that this election is making many media outlets desperate & thus show their true colours. NDTV has started promoting/broadcasting that idiot Dhruv's videos on their website on a regular basis. No longer they can claim being the most objective or unbaised news outlet...like they were doing earlier.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Mort Walker wrote:I'm going to link this article and I think there is enough evidence to debunk it. The purpose of this posting is to provide a contrarian view.

Our analysis shows that the loss in terms of seats is likely to be much more dramatic than the loss in vote share.

This is what I guess @VDPAssociates called stupid Excel sheet "ANAL"cist
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

It seems Sitaram Yechuri with his Communist IQ and buddhi hasn't understood the basic essence of Ramayana and Mahabharata although foreigners right upto Phillipines have. He does not understand that violence in protection of dharma is justified. If he read those books at all he read them with an IQ of a kindergarten kid. But like other Communists he wants to appear intellectual. So he only found Hindu violence. There is a reason why the Nehruvian Marxist empire may be in its last throes. A basic inability to understand the civilization they are supposedly ruling.
vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

Mort Walker wrote:I'm going to link this article and I think there is enough evidence to debunk it. The purpose of this posting is to provide a contrarian view.

I'm very skeptical of this, because it has somehow showed that BJP vote share going down. I'm not fully convinced about that happening.
It looks like it is manipulated numbers to show the number of seats going down for BJP.

I was always of the opinion that MGB had any chance only if they pooled their resources and thus they could overcome the BJP jointly, while keeping their 2014 vote share. So, if this article is somehow hoping to reduce BJP seats, and only way to do it by showing the vote share rises, then I'm more confident that BJP will maintain its number of seats close to what it gained in 2014!!!
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

banrjeer wrote:While the leftists are vile the desi RW is not articulate and does not raise issues in a strategic way
There is now the recently coined term hinduphobia which is better than nothing but it also seems as if we are riding on the coattails of islamophobia and being equated with islam or under its umbrella.

I have been in the US since the early 90s mostly a silent observer.
political correctness is not universal but applies to groups which have become fashionable to protect, like say jews or blacks, LGBTQ, muslims being later additions. Others are open season. So while it's a good trait there is this superficial aspect to it.
This is out of thread but brief 2-cent comments..
Good thing is Hindus are not subjecting or bracketing themselves in post-modernistic slicing and dicing of identities and identity politics. Leftist Indians due to their own Hinduphobia are not entertaining including Hindus in their fight for fake rights. HAF is kind of tip-toeing on this but other Hindu groups keep away from these kind of politics.

Hindu organizations in their own way going on doing good things and building good societal and political equity. Some of their works are commendable - their work during disasters, fighting against Hinduphobia in education, and working with schools on languages, Yoga, and teacher appreciation events, etc. Unlike in India, Hindus groups, especially parivar orgs, don't carry any other baggage other than working for Hinduism.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, is ModiJi's India TV appearance over or yet to come?
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

vinod wrote:I'm very skeptical of this, because it has somehow showed that BJP vote share going down. I'm not fully convinced about that happening.
It looks like it is manipulated numbers to show the number of seats going down for BJP.

I was always of the opinion that MGB had any chance only if they pooled their resources and thus they could overcome the BJP jointly, while keeping their 2014 vote share. So, if this article is somehow hoping to reduce BJP seats, and only way to do it by showing the vote share rises, then I'm more confident that BJP will maintain its number of seats close to what it gained in 2014!!!
These models attempt to explain things in terms of basic math, i.e.
Where A, B, C, D are BJP, SP, BSP, INC
A > B > C > D
B+C > A
thus
B+C-D/2 > A - D/2
B and C have combined, thus they win

However, the reality is that B+C is not a total. Rather, it arguably becomes

B + C -B/3 - C/3 - D/2 vs A + B/3 + C/3, where the RHS arguable adds up to more (depending on which psephologist you ask) , and this is ignoring wave factors.

In other words, both SP and BSP lose votes to BJP by coming together . There can't be perfect vote transfer between the two for one simple reason - if they were cohesive together, they'd already have become a single party and an unstoppable force in UP. However, they are exclusively subcaste parties and cannot accomplish that.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Pappu & Co initially tried to poo poo the surgical strikes, then they started crying about 'politicization', now they are yelling 'me too'. And of course, he has enlisted this newfound army general Hooda who very cleverly side steps the issue and calls it 'cross border' action. Give me a break. Everything is a cross border action, even firing a bullet across LoC. Hope the voters teach a bitter lesson to Congoons

https://www.rediff.com/news/report/cros ... 190504.htm
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

vinod wrote:

I'm very skeptical of this, because it has somehow showed that BJP vote share going down. I'm not fully convinced about that happening.

Apply benford:s rules to the decline in bjp seats . U ll see that it's from someone's mush.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

CRamS wrote:Guys, is ModiJi's India TV appearance over or yet to come?
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

--sd--
Last edited by vimal on 05 May 2019 01:52, edited 2 times in total.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Bharti Jain
‏Verified account @bhartijainTOI

Final figures out for first four phases of voting:
Phase 1: 69.5% (against 68.77% in 2014 for corresponding seats)
Phase 2: 69.44% (69.62% in 2014)
Phase 3 68.4% (67.15% in 2014)
Phase 4: 65.51% (63.05% in 2014)
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

banrjeer wrote:Mommy-turd is afraid of pumpkins

https://www.mynation.com/views/why-mama ... now-pqq85h
excellent article. I will quote a small part.
During the Left Front years of Bengal, ‘tormuj’ or watermelon used to be a dark word for the opposition Congress, which current CM Mamata Banerjee once belonged to. She then formed Trinamool Congress, but the ‘tormuj’ still bothered her.

In Bengal, the land of tantalising metaphors, ‘tormuj’ or watermelon meant somebody who was green on the outside but red inside. Or, somebody who publicly feigned support for the Congress or Trinamool, but quietly voted for the CPM.

Today, ‘kumro’ or pumpkin is the new ‘tormuj’. Someone who is deep green on the outside and flaming saffron within. A BJP supporter in Trinamool skin! The worst and most dreaded enemy of Mamata Banerjee right now.
In case you didn't get it, watermelon = green (cong colour) outside, red (colour of left) inside.
the kumro phenomenon is exactly what my relative was speaking about, that I posted here.

also, Abhijit Majumder makes an observation similar to the one I did on BRF.
Pumpkins, watermelons, flowers…the Bengal election may be the bloodiest and grisliest in the country, but from its darkest depths is still gurgling out juicy, irrepressible Bengali humour.
viewtopic.php?p=2341613#p2341613
Very recently, for the past few months, I am seeing the gradual development of pro-BJP political campaign materials that are witty, creative and enjoyable. Work that speaks of the effort and passion of the people who created those. For the first time I am seeing a 'heart connect' among BJP and people of WB.

Based on this completely unscientific psephological barometer, I am saying that the tide is finally turning in WB. How much I don't know.
I would be disappointed if the numbers don't make into double figures. More than that, dare I hope ??
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Eastern MP and CH are of concern.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

@ArvindKejriwal
Following Following @ArvindKejriwal
More Arvind Kejriwal Retweeted Rajendra Pal Gautam
Hans Raj Hans is ineligible to fight from a reserved seat. He will finally be declared ineligible. Voters from North West Delhi shud not waste their votes on him.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Mort Walker wrote:Eastern MP and CH are of concern.
You’re from MP . Why not elaborate further ?
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

IndraD wrote:@ArvindKejriwal
Following Following @ArvindKejriwal
More Arvind Kejriwal Retweeted Rajendra Pal Gautam
Hans Raj Hans is ineligible to fight from a reserved seat. He will finally be declared ineligible. Voters from North West Delhi shud not waste their votes on him.
https://www.news18.com/news/politics/ha ... 27515.html
Hans Raj Hans, Follower of Casteless Islam, Can't Fight from Reserved Seat: EC Pulls Up Kejriwal for New Claim

The Delhi Chief Electoral Officer has sought the reply of Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and others for accusing BJP's northwest Delhi candidate, Hans Raj Hans, of converting to Islam in 2014 and claiming he cannot contest the election as the seat is reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) category, officials said Friday.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

https://youtu.be/e25uvuQLRpI
PM Modi ने खोले कई राज़ जानिए EVM पर Sharad Pawar के बयान पर क्या बोले
This was not shown in today's interview. Rajat Sharma edited it. It is saved video before they take it out from theirs.
https://twitter.com/VMuppi/status/1124730780012490753
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

IndraD wrote:https://twitter.com/haleemak_/status/11 ... 3884813314

best exit poll so far :mrgreen:
Pakistanis always feel bad that they cannot vote in Indian elections. One famous Paki "senior journalist" even tweeted that "No Pakistani supports Modi" :rotfl:
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Akshay Kumar is being lampooned by librandus and Bollytards for Modi's interview, for his Canadian passport.
This when he is one of the highest tax payer and contributes to armed forces generously.
Here is actor Sidharth taking a dig at him
@Actor_Siddharth

Hey @realDonaldTrump since you're getting ready to be re-elected soon, might I suggest an interview with me during your elections? I have crucial questions about how you eat fruit, your sleep and work habits and also your cute personality. I have an Indian passport. DM me please.
Entire whatsapp group is activated and journos have joined Bollytards w/o work
Incidentally Alia Bhatt , Katrina Kaif and many other carry foreign passport , BJP shd get details on those on work permit out!