2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by chetak »

chidambaram on rajiv gandhi

must be eating his words now

watch video

twitter

This made my day. Man who advises others: 'De mortuis nihil nisi bonum' - Of the dead, speak nothing but the good, waxes eloquent here 'De mortuis nihil nisi malus' - Of the dead, speak nothing but the bad. (h/t @HLKodo)

https://twitter.com/ARanganathan72/stat ... 4276451329
TandavBrahmand
BRFite -Trainee

Post by TandavBrahmand »

This election is not going to be producing hung-scenarios many are predicting (i.e. BJP 245-250) People are voting for a decisive mandate.

My reasoning is as follows:

1. Voting % across all 5 corresponding phases in 2014 was historical high (>7% higher than the previous average). We all know that that was a wave election where people wanted to vote Modi in.

2. Voting % in all phases in 2019 has remained almost the same or has even slightly increased. Given that total number of people voting are larger than 2014 (population is still growing), and as UBji had said a few days ago, the influx of younger voter (and exit of older voters) is in the favor of BJP. I conjecture that BJP is gaining more votes compared to 2014 (Remember the % remaining the same means a larger number of votes).

3. Many are pointing out the potential loss of seats for BJP in UP due to caste arithmetic going against them. Last time UP voters crossed the caste lines and voted for BJP. I do not believe the vote transfers are happening despite the by-election results. This time, people are voting for Modi and not for/against local MPs. So not only UP will be still >60 for BJP but other states gain would suggest that BJP in 2019 will be stronger than 2014.

3. High turn-out historically points high anti-incumbency or pro-incumbency. Hence these are two plausible scenarios:
3a. People want a change. Hence, they are coming out in record numbers. This is a highly unlikely scenario in which BJP will be < 120. The probability of that happening is close to ZERO.
3b. People who voted Modi in 2014 are coming back in large numbers to back the govt. Unlike in 2004, this time the support voter is not sitting out and taking chances. Hence, my prediction is that BJP is going with an even bigger number (See pt #2 in conjunction).

The bottom line: it will be a decisive verdict on May 23rd.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

fanne wrote:guys, are we in a echo chamber? 543, Chintamani, savyasachi..these guys are doing technical analysis, with some inputs (some in form of limited survey, not a true exit poll) - voting share by segments etc. Today's Chanakya guys input was significant that NDA (not BJP) is some short of 272.
I am more concerned by NAMO attack (is he desperate?). I am not at all talking about morality, just the rhetoric. Is the good side winning? Then why desperation (why I say is, in start of the poll, a group of us had decided that how can we get an exit poll, without getting one by following what leaders say and also what some obvious news anchor who would have access to exit poll - boxer, his voice, Omllate Cuopta etc.
The signal is mixed, it is not one sided as 543 3tc. will like you to believe.
I have the same doubts. He did the same thing in Gujarat assembly elections. Not sure if that made any difference but it was a close fight. Just hope it is different this time and it is to maximize the seats.
TandavBrahmand
BRFite -Trainee

Post by TandavBrahmand »

"I have the same doubts. He did the same thing in Gujarat assembly elections."

That is his style. He is aggressive if he is winning or not. UP he was as aggressive - even racked up smashan/kabrastan issue which people felt he is getting desperate.
Last edited by TandavBrahmand on 07 May 2019 08:30, edited 1 time in total.
TandavBrahmand
BRFite -Trainee

Post by TandavBrahmand »

^^^
"I have the same doubts. He did the same thing in Gujarat assembly elections."

That is his style. He is aggressive if he is winning or not. UP he was as aggressive - even racked up smashan/kabrastan issue which people felt he is getting desperate.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

fanne wrote:guys, are we in a echo chamber? 543, Chintamani, savyasachi..these guys are doing technical analysis, with some inputs (some in form of limited survey, not a true exit poll) - voting share by segments etc. Today's Chanakya guys input was significant that NDA (not BJP) is some short of 272.
I am more concerned by NAMO attack (is he desperate?). I am not at all talking about morality, just the rhetoric. Is the good side winning? Then why desperation (why I say is, in start of the poll, a group of us had decided that how can we get an exit poll, without getting one by following what leaders say and also what some obvious news anchor who would have access to exit poll - boxer, his voice, Omllate Cuopta etc.
The signal is mixed, it is not one sided as 543 3tc. will like you to believe.

Today's Chanakya
‏Verified account @TodaysChanakya
May 5

No, we have not released any such numbers as mentioned in the article.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

I would humbly suggest not to dismiss gathbandhan's arithmetic in UP. Also states BJP lost in recent assembly election will possess threat as voter will not that easily jump the ship this quickly (irrespective of RW narrative of those voters are disillusioned).
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

All drama is being done by PRESSTITUTES especially Sagarika and Coal is to make sure BJP if not NDA is around 220. Then they can separate Nitish also. They will bring in every one and make kichidi
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

he appeared in April (mid?) with boxer. It is from that talk. The talk is linked in the last page. Please listen just to first 5 minutes.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

abhijitm wrote:I would humbly suggest not to dismiss gathbandhan's arithmetic in UP. Also states BJP lost in recent assembly election will possess threat as voter will not that easily jump the ship this quickly (irrespective of RW narrative of those voters are disillusioned).
Not true. C-Voter who was saying BJP is losing assembly said that same set of voters in MPR/RAj were saying in LS they will vote BJP. By how much - 5-7% more. We know the vote% in both state was dead heat. So BJP ahead by 5-7% in LS is a near sweep.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

But going by what people are saying, BJP salvaged Raj but MP they may yet loose few more seats
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

OmkarC wrote:
vijayk wrote:
Don't really . was surprised too. I too have given up hope.
Lot of anger on KCR. Not going for CON party. KCR Governance is very weak as the exam tragedy showed.
I haven't seen one Telangana guy being against Modi in my friend's circle. All love Modi.
As some folks from Telangana put it, many rural youth plumped for BJP. Hard to know. Even BJP did not anticipate.
Let's make sure we aren't amplifying rumors.The collective best case prediction I saw till date was 3 (Mehboobnagar, Karimnagar & Nizamabad), nominal was 2 (Mehboobnagar & Karimnagar). Very unlikely to win Secunderabad. And while rural youth are pumping for BJP - not sure its uniform across the state or beyond these traditional hindutva places.
Good to dream for 5 seats but 1-2 is likely.

Issue of 12th grade/intermediate kids' suicides indicates KCR & Co is not that good for governance. Fortunately for him Telangana is revenue surplus state built by earlier regimes and he can keep minting on that fortune to last longer along with "Telangana khatrame hai" slogan which works like charm still but is going to fade with each goof up. Once whole political edifice of TRS falls and INC fumbles like anything as it is doing now, all other parties can get their vote banks back. Such implosion is expected may be before the next election. For BJP it is good to get his nephew on its fold as first step for future opportunities.
Last edited by ShyamSP on 07 May 2019 08:59, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

UBCN survey of bookies:

TOI article:

NaMo PM: 1:1.25 (nearly sure thing)
BJP majority: 1:1.4
RaGa win 2 seats: 1:2
Kanhaiya Kumar lose deposit: 1:7.5
will we see the next generation of Gandhis campaigning in the Next election" 1:51.0.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

I have already posted data showing that a high turnout does not imply a pro or anti incumbency feeling . The only consistent barometer of such sentiment is a significant (eg >5 percentage points) increase in turnout .

Generally, the 2010s have been far outside the long term mean in terms of turnout . Every single phase of both 2014 and 2019 sustained turnouts much higher than any GE ever held before . The long term average turnout is almost 57% . GE 2014 had 66.4% overall turnout and 2019 is at 67% so far .
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

eklavya wrote:Anyway, 23 May will reveal all.
Nice skis :rotfl: :rotfl:. Don't see many people go downhill that fast :lol:
Krita
BRFite

Post by Krita »

The frequency of congress ADs on FM says otherwise.They are loosing big time.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

abhijitm wrote:I would humbly suggest not to dismiss gathbandhan's arithmetic in UP. Also states BJP lost in recent assembly election will possess threat as voter will not that easily jump the ship this quickly ....
Rajasthan Swings in every elections to extreme throwing out incumbents and giving heavy majority to challenger, last election although Congis formed govt with majority BJP wasn't wiped out.

MP even after 15 years anti-incumbent had drama of vote counting till midnight finally Congis forming govt with thin majority....

imo it wasn't BJP's bad performance, with congis giving 25/- rupees checks to farmers + lies of rahul's 10 days promise is blessings for BJP in MP.... Ditto situation for Rajasthan I promise you 90% seats for BJP in both these states. Though Chhatisgarh will probably be nasty again for BJP ....
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

It just could be that modis raking up the muck on Rsjiv G becomes a masterstroke. The more the Congress whines about this, the more likely will the ugly truth resurface and the old wounds of bofors scandal start bleeding again. Thanks to the net and social media, in all probability even more dirt will now resurface. The last time it cost one RG the election. This time the son with the same initials could also pay the same price.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

The Spectator Index
‏ @spectatorindex
12h12 hours ago

Say they have confidence in Narendra Modi's leadership.

India: 65%
Russia: 44%
Japan: 40%
UK: 36%
Italy: 36%
Nigeria: 33%
Mexico: 32%
Canada: 32%
US: 27%
Germany: 26%
France: 25%
South Africa: 17%
UAE: 17%
Turkey: 9%
Egypt: 8%
Saudi: 7%
Pakistan: 3% :rotfl: Modi should resign

(Spectator Index)
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

No personal remarks.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Chowkidar Amit Shah
‏Verified account @AmitShah

BJP will breach 282 mark by large margin.

Read my interview with Hindustan Times. @htTweets
Here is the link.

https://t.co/3haMgXPAab
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Manish Sharma,

Can you find out how was the voter turnout in Salon segment in. Amethi this time?
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

IIRC, in 2014 the opposition called NaMo a dog. They’ve resorted to the same language and stance yet again.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Cain Marko wrote:It just could be that modis raking up the muck on Rsjiv G becomes a masterstroke. The more the Congress whines about this, the more likely will the ugly truth resurface and the old wounds of bofors scandal start bleeding again. Thanks to the net and social media, in all probability even more dirt will now resurface. The last time it cost one RG the election. This time the son with the same initials could also pay the same price.
Each phase he is making different explosive statement either to set narrative for his advantage or BJP advantage or opponent disadvantage. There is picture floating around on it on what he said and where the elections are held. His BC statement and comment on Rajiv Gandhi* are below the dignity of PM and sign of desperation as per non-Modi people.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/ ... 038808.ece
“Your father was termed ‘Mr. Clean’ by his courtiers, but his life ended as ‘Bhrashtachari No:1’,” PM Modi said.

^^ If English translation comes same as above, it is not good. Political attack on bofors is all welcome, but in reality Rajiv Gandhi's life ended with sacrificing life for the nation whether you like him or not politically.

Later added: Modi's statement @2:01 mins - https://youtu.be/I0UJagBkkL0
Last edited by ShyamSP on 07 May 2019 10:05, edited 1 time in total.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Deleted..
Last edited by Cain Marko on 07 May 2019 12:20, edited 1 time in total.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

Has anyone tried the Voter Turnout app by the EC? https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ollturnout
Can't use since I have a Fruit Co. phone and they seem to support Chacha onlee.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

I am pretty sure the correct translation should have been "he (rajiv) was known as corrupt no. 1 till his end" and not "ended his life as corrupt no. 1"
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

The original statement was in Hindi. Lutyens mandbuddhis will mistranslate even the most innocuous of statements like when he was talking about even a puppy's death causing so much anguish, which instantly turned into "Modi compared Muslims to dogs".
Those who understand Hindi, and were part of the target group, will take from the statement what the intention was in spite of all the maneuverings by Radia and Maino's Stenographers.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

UlanBatori wrote: One can conduct "tapas" and ignore the mosquito stinging one's cheek, but the mosquito, coming from a sh1tpile, may bring malaria so it is better to swat it. Do not waste prayer on what one can accomplish easily oneself. :mrgreen:
Ye naya hai should write it down , will use this in company meeting. :mrgreen:
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Here is what I think BJP has won so far in Phases 1-5 (this is still conservative):

South: ~45
Northeast: ~15
West+Central (RJ+GJ+MP+CG+JH): 65
East (OR+WB): 22
Gangetic Plain (UP+BH): 45
North: ~7
UTs: ~3

Total: 202

I don't see any serious problems in picking up another 70 seats from the remaining 118.

If I have underestimated the NaMo wave, the total so far could be 220 instead.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Here is what I think BJP has won so far in Phases 1-5 (this is still conservative):

South: ~45
Northeast: ~15
West+Central (RJ+GJ+MP+CG+JH): 65
East (OR+WB): 22
Gangetic Plain (UP+BH): 45
North: ~7
UTs: ~3

Total: 202

I don't see any serious problems in picking up another 70 seats from the remaining 118.

If I have underestimated the NaMo wave, the total so far could be 220 instead.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

ShyamSP wrote:..... Political attack on bofors is all welcome, but in reality Rajiv Gandhi's life ended with sacrificing life for the nation :lol: whether you like him or not politically.
Yes although congies milled the coolaid claiming that BhrastachariNo1 Rajiv Gandhi "sacrificed his life for the nation" his life was actually sacrificed at the altar of Maino clan's interest .

https://youtu.be/xqVSJ4_WoCQ
Ram Jethmalani wrote:Sonia's Gandhi's mother Paola Predebon Maino, and friend Ottavio Quattrocchi, maintained regular contact with the Tamil Tigers. The mother used the LTTE for money laundering and Quattrocchi for selling weapons to earn commissions. To the best of my knowledge, this information appears to remain un-refuted by anyone even today.
http://www.sunday-guardian.com/analysis ... dventure-2
How a vital clue in Rajiv assassination case disappeared into thin air
Sam Rajappa| 16 Nov 2012,

The wages of crime is punishment. In the scheme of things of the Congress First Family, the wages of selective crime is reward. This has been brought out clearly in the latest book of K Ragothaman, chief investigation officer of the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, Conspiracy to Kill Rajiv Gandhi: From the CBI Files.

MK Narayanan, then chief of the Intelligence Bureau, had suppressed a vital piece of evidence in the form of a video tape.

Vazhapadi Ramamurthy, then president of the Tamil Nadu Congress Committee, had arranged with a videographer to record the entire election meeting Rajiv Gandhi was to address at Sriperumbudur on the fateful night of 21 May, 1991.

It contained vital clues leading up to ‘human bomb’ Dhanu blowing up Rajiv, how she gained access to the sterile zone three hours before her gruesome act, and the people with whom she mingled freely during the long wait till the Congress leader arrived.

It was handed over to Narayanan on 22 May itself and he wrote a letter to the then Prime Minister Chandrashekhar the same day stating that the tape was being scanned to “IDENTIFY THE LADY” (in capital letters).

The lady referred to was the assassin. D Karthikeyan, chief of the Special Investigation Team, restrained Ragothaman from pursuing the tape handed over to Narayanan.

When Karthikeyan was asked in a TV debate why he did not allow Ragothaman to pursue the impugned tape, he pleaded amnesia but he could remember all other incidents connected with the assassination in minute details. Narayanan’s letter has become a part of the Justice Verma Commission Report. He cannot deny having written it.

Causing disappearance of evidence in a capital offence is punishable with imprisonment for life under Section 201 of the IPC. And if the offence is committed by a public servant, which Narayanan was, he could be prosecuted under Section 204 IPC as well.

The sole charge against Suba Sundaram, one of the 26 accused in the assassination case and sentenced to death by the trial court, was attempt to suppress evidence. A leading news photographer of Chennai, one of his assistants, Haribabu, was engaged by the assassination squad to photograph Rajiv’s Sriperumbudur meeting.

On hearing Haribabu’s death in the explosion, Sundaram wanted to retrieve the camera. Before he could reach the spot a police man picked it up.

The prosecution maintained that had Sundaram retrieved the camera, he would have concealed the exposed film roll which turned out to be the vital clue in cracking the case.

He was never in possession of the film, yet the SIT managed to get him convicted under Section 201. The Supreme Court freed him after 11 years in prison. He died soon after his release.

Narayanan was in possession of the tell-tale video tape which he willfully suppressed from the SIT.

Prime Minister PV Narasimha Rao, convinced of Narayanan’s culpability, not only superannuated him in 1992 but also ordered the CBI to register a criminal case against him.

Such was Sonia Gandhi’s clout with the government institutions even before she edged out Sitaram Kesari as Congress president and occupied his chair, the CBI could not proceed with Case No. 1 of 1995 registered against Narayanan.

The case was given a quite burial by Karthikeyan who has been taking instructions from Narayanan. After Narasimha Rao demitted office, Narayanan was brought back as National Security Adviser and when he and P Chidambaram, then Home Minister, fell out, he was elevated as the Governor of West Bengal, a sinecure he still enjoys.

Suppression of evidence was not the only misdemeanor of Narayanan in the assassination of Rajiv.

From the time Sivarassan, leader of the assassination squad, reached Tamil Nadu in 1990, the Army intelligence had been keeping surveillance on his activities and the IB was kept informed.

On 22 March, Sivarasan was asking Pottu Amman, LTTE intelligence chief in Jaffna, over the telephone, whether to try in Chennai or in Delhi. The taped conversation was promptly conveyed to Narayanan.

Sivarasan was also in telephonic contact with Kittu, LTTE’s London representative.

On 7 May, Sivarasan and team conducted a dry run at a public meeting addressed by VP Singh in Chennai and kept Pottu Amman informed of its success. Sixteen pages of Sivarasan’s taped conversation with Pottu Amman made available to Narayanan were produced in court during the trial of the 26 accused. There is no record of any preemptive action taken by the IB in spite of the forewarning. To reward such a person, to say the least, is intriguing.

Immediately after the assassination, the Chandrashekhar government requested the Tamil Nadu Government to send a panel of three suitable names to select the chief of the SIT.

K Mohandas, who had just retired as DGP (Intelligence) of the State police, was the first choice. Chandrashekhar showed the list to Sonia Gandhi. She rejected all the three names and asked for Devarayapuram Ramasamy Karthikeyan, a Karnataka cadre IPS officer who, like his mentor Mayankote Kelath Narayanan, had been a Gandhi family loyalist but with no record of any investigative achievement.

Because of his proximity to the family right from Indira Gandhi’s time, he was given a three-year stint in Moscow as First Secretary in the Indian Embassy and a four-year stint in Sydney as Indian Tea Board representative.

After guiding the assassination investigation along the lines the Congress wanted, he was promoted to the coveted post of CBI Director and on retirement made the chief of the National Human Rights Commission. And as a crowning glory, he was awarded the Padma Sri.

At the time of the 1991 Lok Sabha election Tamil Nadu was under President’s rule. Governor Bhisma Narain Singh cautioned Rajiv against campaigning in the State for security reasons.

The Congress had an alliance with the AIADMK and its leader Jayalalitha accepted full responsibility of campaigning for both the Congress and her party candidates and told Rajiv there was no need for him to visit the State.

Rajiv conceded to the request of Maragatham, whom he called aunty, and even agreed to spend the night in Sriperumbudur, which was vetoed by the Governor.
Sivarasan had given Rs. 5 lakhs to Lalith, son of Maragatham Chandrasekhar, Congress candidate for Sriperumbudur.

Lalith is married to a Sri Lankan woman who was staying with her parents in the Theosophical Society campus in Chennai before her marriage. Using this Sri Lanka connection, Dhanu, the human bomb, wormed her way into the Maragatham household and became a guest.

The Statesman reported that Dhanu was a house guest of the Congress candidate. A criminal defamation case was filed against this newspaper and its correspondent in Chennai by Maragatham.

The case was dropped when documentary evidence was produced to substantiate the report. It is not the contention of this writer that Maragatham did everything that facilitated the assassination with any foreknowledge. But what made Karthikeyan cover up her tracks?

Karthikeyan has taken great pains in identifying the brand name of the nine volt battery used by Dhanu to detonate the belt bomb that killed Rajiv as ‘Golden Power’ and got the teenager, Perarivalan, used by Sivarasa as an errand boy to buy it from a shop in Chennai, the death sentence which was confirmed by the Supreme Court along with that of three other bit players.

The battery containing cadmium compounds bound in zinc sheet was reduced to smithereens in the explosion, leaving hardly any trace.

But the SIT could not locate the hand bag found hanging on the shoulder of Dhanu seconds before the explosion. Sivarasan’s diary produced in the court had an entry showing he had paid Rs. 1.5 crore to some person and that Rs. 45 lakhs more was to be given to that person.

The bomb Dhanu used to kill Rajiv had RDX which was supplied to military only and not available in the open market. Circumstantial evidence shows the Rs. 1.5 crore Sivarasan paid was to the person who supplied the RDX. Why didn’t Karthikeyan investigate this angle?

In any assassination of this nature, who benefited from it would form the main line of investigation which Karthikeyan and his team totally ignored. The moribund Multi-Disciplinary Monitoring Agency set up to inquire into the conspiracy behind Rajiv’s assassination has been hibernating for more than a decade.

Will Manmohan Singh activate the MDMA? The nation wants to know the truth behind the conspiracy.

Sam Rajappa is Consulting Editor of The Weekend Leader
Must read for anyone who wants to get near to the truth regarding BhrastachariNo1's assasination by his own family intrigue & how it was picturized as "sacrifice for the nation" by the congie media kept prepped & ready just to win an election.
Last edited by Lilo on 07 May 2019 10:08, edited 2 times in total.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Bhrashtachari#1 compromised national interests the day he brought madam Maino as his wife ; as per laws of our country anyone in uniform has to be relieved of service immediately if he/she marries a foreign national due to security risk , Rajeev Gandhi's PM candidature would have been easily disqualified in any other country and yet morons in this country went ga ga after his fair and lovely image .
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

"but in reality Rajiv Gandhi's life ended with sacrificing life for the nation whether you like him or not politically"

He did not sacrifice like a soldier does knowing the risks. As for the anti Sikh riots, the huge sympathy vote effectively absolved him and rendered subsequent investigations and commissions toothless. I am sympathetic to the family but that does not qualify them to lead the country.

There were many even at that time who would not have supported Rajiv even if he was clear of Bofors and the Delhi riots. But desis were like that onlee always voting kangress for no goddam reason.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

^ For a moment if you can imagine that there was no internet and access to TV today and information was being disseminated mostly by DD like it was until the 90s , INC would have remained in power even to this day and likes of Modi would still be slogging at state level. Thing is INC is an idea and not just a party , the idea at it's very core promotes freeloading , growth through association and most importantly maintaining the status quo. The kind of brand building INC and it's system did for Nehru and Indira is huge even on this very forum people credit IG for 1971 when actually she fckd things up after the forces did all the hard work. To this day many remote villages give INC a vote due to her bharat ki beti image when she was nothing like that in real life .
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Double post
Last edited by Manish_Sharma on 07 May 2019 10:37, edited 1 time in total.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

ramana wrote:Manish Sharma,

Can you find out how was the voter turnout in Salon segment in. Amethi this time?
#ChintamaniSpeaks #Elections2019 @Election_in The unthinkable has happened. Amethi turnout is now showing 1% higher than 2014. Salon in Raibareli district, which gave the highest lead to RaGa in 2014 has the lowest turnout. I am full of anticipation. Got to wait a little more. https://t.co/hJRRXxmSnt
https://twitter.com/IamIconoclast/statu ... 07812?s=19

Ramana ji this was last one I saw about Salon turnout being very low compared to 2014, which means big trouble for Shehzada. I think this Tweet was around 9:00 PM last night

Check out chart for Amethi vote percentage including Salon:

https://twitter.com/SatyaVa96984184/sta ... 08288?s=09
Last edited by Manish_Sharma on 07 May 2019 10:40, edited 2 times in total.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

This thread is a gem!
I thought I've seen it all when I saw the dhimmitude of some posters when Sadhvi Pragya's speech came out. But little did I know about the level of love for Nehru family amongst the members.

Wonder what else is lurking under the Jingo halo of BRF. Jai Ho!
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Even if NDA is slightly short of 272 they will still form the government with some outside support. Problem will only occur if NDA falls short by around 15-20 seats or more.

Like I said before 2014 has made our expectations shoot sky high. Before that 200-220 seats for the largest party was considered a great result.
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

This forum is becoming increasingly intolerant to views other than Modi/BJP bhajan. There used to be a time when people used to say "Indira is India". Now it has become "Modi is India" on this forum. For me no individual or party is above criticism. All have their warts. In 2014, I was also taken in by the Modi hype. Now, the main reason for me to support him/BJP at the national level is that the alternative is scary.