2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by KLNMurthy »

chetak wrote:chidambaram on rajiv gandhi

must be eating his words now

watch video

twitter

This made my day. Man who advises others: 'De mortuis nihil nisi bonum' - Of the dead, speak nothing but the good, waxes eloquent here 'De mortuis nihil nisi malus' - Of the dead, speak nothing but the bad. (h/t @HLKodo)

https://twitter.com/ARanganathan72/stat ... 4276451329
I don't understand the gotcha lungi dance. PC is being very mild in his words and overall very kind in his judgment of Rajiv.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

This form is called Bharat rakshak. It means people here have the country as the first priority.

At the moment NaMo is the man who is generally accepted by members as most capable of furthering Bharat's interests.

When he stops being seen as that. He will no longer get so much support on the forum.

Simple as that.

Just goes to show how far from national interests the opposition is currently standing.
Patni
BRFite

Post by Patni »

IMHO, what has happened over years is, over the years, thanks to congress corruption from top, the governing model where its combined cabinet of minister, that governs the nation, has lost most of its legitimacy. As a strong leadership is needed to effectively govern a nation. The emergence of strong leader (More presidential style) that can deliver is what stood out in contrast to "khichdi or milavat sarkars" of pre 2014. Since modi brought about difference between "corrupt politician" and son of the soil, "Na khaunga na khane dunga" plank is that won him 2014. The pappu's handlers have told him, that all he has to do is prove modi is same as every other corrupt politician. Thats why chor chor aalap that he is stuck on! IMHO majority of Indian still have full faith on personal honesty of Modi and slowly antics of calling him names is backfiring. Modi senses this and thats why fingering congis to make them to provoke pappu to be more abusive and end up with egg on face.
Dumal
BRFite

Post by Dumal »

a_bharat wrote: intolerant to views other than Modi/BJP bhajan.... alternative is scary.
I, for one, am also sensitive to blind adulation. But in the last 5 years I can’t think of any missteps from a national and even secular perspective from Modi & team that was their own doing. They may have been thwarted and slowed down by the thugbandans in the state elections resulting in lack of RS muscle, compromised judiciary, bureaucratic inertia, hatred and blind opposition from those losing power, etc., etc. Even demonetisation was, imo, well-timed and executed given the constraints. So, I am not sure how continuing expectation along similar lines can be seen as empty bhajan...

OTOH, when people don’t or can’t question Pappu and his pidi’s blatant lies on Rafale, intolerance (which is fueled and fanned only by themselves), etc and the self-serving, nation-destroying governance in WB, AP/TN, MP, KR, KA etc but are alert enough to jump when they are questioned on their own pedigree, why is that grating?

All that said, it does make me uncomfortable hearing Modi referring himself in 3rd person by name and all the BJP narratives running mainly on Modi’s name. I wish that changes in the next term and there are equally great contributions and due credits to many others as well.
Last edited by Dumal on 07 May 2019 11:58, edited 2 times in total.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

My viewpoint on various psephologists is something I'm going to restate here, because I think the general view of their statements adds even more noise to existing noise.

We'd all like some very good psephologist to just 'tell us what's going to happen'. However, that's not something they can reliably do. None of them are fortune tellers or astrologers. They should not be treated as such. They don't offer a solution or answer. Rather, they should be treated as implementers of different methodologies.

While the mango person is fine with such a 'lazy' view of polling and psephology, that's not useful here. It just results in one set of people believing X, another believing Y, and both going crazy wondering whether they should believe the others just to balance out their craziness . It's not even a remotely scientific approach, but simply an exercise at mitigating emotion.

Their past success or failure should be viewed in the context of what they were trying to predict, what they got right, and what they got wrong. Ultimately, every single psephologist implements a quasi-mathematical model of voting behavior. They ask certain questions, to particular sets of people, and interpret those answers.

The interesting part is the description of those interactions, not their conclusions. The most interesting inputs I have found, from PP, savvyasacchi and Chintamani are their conversations with people where they let people debate one another about their plans. Some of these yielded very perceptive commentary, e.g. an older Yadav voter supported Modi but prefers SP due to biradari, while simultaneously stating that his son has no such sentiment and would be voting BJP. Meanwhile a Dalit and OC voter both give different reasons for voting BJP, while a Muslim voter states why he's supporting SP.
mridulmm
BRFite -Trainee

Post by mridulmm »

It doesn't seem like that voters are undecided or that there is no wave, at least in MP:

disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

a_bharat wrote:This forum is becoming increasingly intolerant to views other than Modi/BJP bhajan. There used to be a time when people used to say "Indira is India". Now it has become "Modi is India" on this forum. For me no individual or party is above criticism. All have their warts. In 2014, I was also taken in by the Modi hype. Now, the main reason for me to support him/BJP at the national level is that the alternative is scary.
How? You have to provide data to the bolded part. I do not support the following and think it is crass, do you think it is crass?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHhb61d3HCw

1. Chowkidar 'Chor' Hain <- No evidence! Accusers themselves saying sorry in SC

2. "Neem ka patta kadva hai, Modi **** ***** hai" <- Children used in election campaign

Also do you sir a_bharat, support the scams done in UPA-I and UPA-II?

Here is the latest scam from UPA-I era - Aviation Scam

https://www.business-standard.com/artic ... 583_1.html

Now if you care to head back to the Modi Achievements thread you will know the list of achievements made in last 5 years. Of course, outside of scam, can you list *any* achievement in UPA-I and UPA-II? Any? Okay forget achievements. Lately why is CONgoons and other assorted opposition parties acting like Bakistan's B-Team? Or rather Bakistan is their B-Team!

So on one side you have CONgoons and on other side not-so-perfect but a hardworking, non-corrupt Kaamdar & Chowkidar. And you are asking us to balance it out by supporting CONgoons? Or worse support Bakistan (even my dead body will not support that abomi-nation called Bakistan)?

So is that your concern that many of us are not supporting haughty CONgoon scamsters?
VikramA
BRFite

Post by VikramA »

^^no political party or politician is above the country. As such genuine criticism should be allowed to be aired on this forum otherwise this forum which I have followed since 2008 when I was teenager could become a echo chamber like one in which lutyens live in. Criticism of some policies of NDA should not be construed as support for UPA.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

ShyamSP wrote:
Cain Marko wrote:It just could be that modis raking up the muck on Rsjiv G becomes a masterstroke. The more the Congress whines about this, the more likely will the ugly truth resurface and the old wounds of bofors scandal start bleeding again. Thanks to the net and social media, in all probability even more dirt will now resurface. The last time it cost one RG the election. This time the son with the same initials could also pay the same price.
Each phase he is making different explosive statement either to set narrative for his advantage or BJP advantage or opponent disadvantage. There is picture floating around on it on what he said and where the elections are held. His BC statement and comment on Rajiv Gandhi* are below the dignity of PM and sign of desperation as per non-Modi people.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/ ... 038808.ece
“Your father was termed ‘Mr. Clean’ by his courtiers, but his life ended as ‘Bhrashtachari No:1’,” PM Modi said.

^^ If English translation comes same as above, it is not good. Political attack on bofors is all welcome, but in reality Rajiv Gandhi's life ended with sacrificing life for the nation whether you like him or not politically.

Later added: Modi's statement @2:01 mins - https://youtu.be/I0UJagBkkL0
^Shyam saar, English translation matters little to people who mostly speak native languages. What's more, it gives bjpa superb opportunity to emphasize the bhrashtachsar aspect of the comment. That word people in India understand irrespective of language.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

a_bharat wrote:This forum is becoming increasingly intolerant to views other than Modi/BJP bhajan. There used to be a time when people used to say "Indira is India". Now it has become "Modi is India" on this forum. For me no individual or party is above criticism. All have their warts. In 2014, I was also taken in by the Modi hype. Now, the main reason for me to support him/BJP at the national level is that the alternative is scary.
It's not like that. People do have bharat as their best interest. Today we see Modi is best for India and not like "India should embrace Modi because we love modi". This is the mistake all cong supports make that bjp supporters are modi bhakt, we are anything but deshbhakt. Yes there are people who love Modi to great extend, but that's natural because in last 30 years people have not experienced a mass leader like him. New generation will not understand what that means but we do. Now, no one is perfect including Modi and that's fine. People are practical. We see him as a package and there are positives clearly outweigh his limitations.

So, people get defensive when someone say modi is not good. If today he is not good for India then who is? You can surely criticise him (i did too) but if you love India then today is not right time to do so, that's all.
Last edited by abhijitm on 07 May 2019 12:23, edited 1 time in total.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

VikramA wrote:^^no political party or politician is above the country. As such genuine criticism should be allowed to be aired on this forum otherwise this forum which I have followed since 2008 when I was teenager could become a echo chamber like one in which lutyens live in. Criticism of some policies of NDA should not be construed as support for UPA.
I have been as big a critique of NM and BJP as any other on this forum. But now is not the time for criticism. With elections going on, to me, it's either you are against corrupt, yindo hating, foreign agent supported party or with them. Criticism of NM and BJP can and will come after May 23 if indeed things go as majority in this forum are hoping for. It makes absolutely no sense to indulge in criticisms during elections.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

VikramA wrote:^^no political party or politician is above the country. As such genuine criticism should be allowed to be aired on this forum otherwise this forum which I have followed since 2008 when I was teenager could become a echo chamber like one in which lutyens live in. Criticism of some policies of NDA should not be construed as support for UPA.
Problem is you cautioners are not bringing any data, logic etc. Just throwing same kind of words phrases "echo chambers" one poster fanne gave false statement on behalf of CHANAKYA psephologist, which Shanmukh ji proved was a false flag operations Chanakya himself denied + a 75 minute long video of punya p vajpai where he is just reading name of area-constituency and the castes that will vote together to kill BJP. Eg he said Rajnath in big trouble because ... such castes and shia Sunnis coming together to defeat Rajnath, in the end says "Rajnath may win but with thin margin"

You cautioners are acting like:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.busine ... ty-2015-11

The 16 best ways to sabotage your organization's productivity, from a CIA manual published in 1944
Richard Feloni Nov 5

intended as a guidebook to citizens living in Axis nations who were sympathetic to the Allies.

The "Simple Sabotage Field Manual," declassified in 2008 and available on the CIA's website, provided instructions for how everyday people could help the Allies weaken their country by reducing production in factories, offices, and transportation lines.

"Some of the instructions seem outdated; others remain surprisingly relevant," reads the current introduction on the CIA's site. "Together they are a reminder of how easily productivity and order can be undermined."

We've collected below some of the timeless instructions on how to be a terrible employee. What's most amusing is that despite the dry language and specificity of the context, the productivity-crushing activities recommended are all-too-common behaviors in contemporary organizations everywhere.

See if any of those listed below - quoted but abridged - remind you of your boss, colleagues, or even yourself.

Organizations and Conferences
Insist on doing everything through "channels." Never permit short-cuts to be taken in order to expedite decisions.
Make "speeches." Talk as frequently as possible and at great length. Illustrate your "points" by long anecdotes and accounts of personal experiences.
When possible, refer all matters to committees, for "further study and consideration." Attempt to make the committee as large as possible - never less than five.
Bring up irrelevant issues as frequently as possible.
Haggle over precise wordings of communications, minutes, resolutions.
Refer back to matters decided upon at the last meeting and attempt to re-open the question of the advisability of that decision.
Advocate "caution." Be "reasonable" and urge your fellow-conferees to be "reasonable"and avoid haste which might result in embarrassments or difficulties later on.
Managers
In making work assignments, always sign out the unimportant jobs first. See that important jobs are assigned to inefficient workers.
Insist on perfect work in relatively unimportant products; send back for refinishing those which have the least flaw.
To lower morale and with it, production, be pleasant to inefficient workers; give them undeserved promotions.
Hold conferences when there is more critical work to be done.
Multiply the procedures and clearances involved in issuing instructions, pay checks, and so on. See that three people have to approve everything where one would do.
Employees
Work slowly.
Contrive as many interruptions to your work as you can.
Do your work poorly and blame it on bad tools, machinery, or equipment. Complain that these things are preventing you from doing your job right.
Never pass on your skill and experience to a new or less skillful worker.
Last edited by Manish_Sharma on 07 May 2019 12:34, edited 1 time in total.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

Preposterous that there are folks even on BRF sidetracking us from actual election tracking by mocking forumnites - "Bhakt", "Modi Bhajan" et al.

This is a nationalist forum, and hence Modi, being the only pro-nationalist PM contender of 2019 polls - will have more support here than others. It doesn't imply people are lacking diversity of thought.. please bring an alternative to Modi who is a worthy opponent - aka - someone who disagrees with Modi on policy decisions, but does not go below the baseline threshold of a) not sacrificing national sovereignty for petty political benefit b) not appeasing religious or caste vote banks c) does not hold anti-majoritarian views

If such an opponent exists, people will be willing to listen.

Right now, the choice is more of a "Cake or death" choice (ask Eddie Izzard). Either vote Modi or have your nation ruined by hungry wolves.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Election is all hands on deck time. This is not time to dissent. Very existence of nationalism, national security, our cultural identity is at stake.If so called nationalist don't have maturity to understand this and getting banned then so be it....so be it.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

You're clearly not a forum regular considering that you are somehow of the view that Modi gets unreserved praise here. You have 620 odd posts in a decade, so that's to be expected.

This is a rare politics thread. You might be unaware, but politics discussions were banned for ~2 years until this thread. It's right in the middle of elections. It's clear who most posters here support in the elections. Don't confuse that with what you claim. You're conflating two entirely different things - one of which is sentiment during an election, and the other is your collection of strawmen.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

In this election like almost all elections we are looking for a good choice among the choices available with us. Unfortunately UPA and others are not even trying to give us a choice in this elections. Can anyone reasonably thing people like RaGa, CBN or Mamata can be their choice as PM? What are their policies and ideas on economy, national security etc etc? Can we support the same? We have a record of BJP/NDA and UPA1&2. We can make a judgement call based on those two. We have seen Mamata in WB and CBN in AP. Can we vote for them to become PMs on their record and ideas which they are so loudly speaking in the resent past?

Those who are fearing this is becoming a echo chamber need to tell us what other options are there and how their are good for us. Just complaining does not help.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Vismaya, daughter of Santhosh ji, Swayamsevak from Kannur who was brutally killed by @cpimspeak goons 3 yrs ago, won A+ in all subjects in SSLC exam. #SSLCResults Congratulations to our little angel. Conquer more heights, Stay blessed. @AdvaitaKala @ShefVaidya https://t.co/PAaiKTyo7v
https://twitter.com/excomradekerala/sta ... 60384?s=19
Ranarasika
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ranarasika »

Someone spoke of demonetization and hence this long article for everyone's benefit. Posting it in full. It was published yesterday.

Source : https://hbr.org/2019/05/the-ups-and-dow ... ce=twitter
More than two years have passed since India’s demonetization policy — which removed high denomination banknotes from the economy — became a reality. That bold move was met with a mix of support, confusion, and criticism. In an analysis we wrote in November 2017, we argued that demonetization was only part of India’s larger, strategic digital transformation. Since then, the institutional and economic evolution in India has accelerated in many ways and some of that change has been reactive and corrective.

Despite a significant rise in digital payments since demonetization and Indian banks having issued a billion debit cards, many Indian consumers still rely on cash transactions. While no single move can make a country the size of India cashless, demonetization succeeded in significantly reducing the anonymity and lack of traceability of money in the Indian economy by routing all currency through a formal banking channel. Comparing the current demand for cash with the historic rate of growth of the economy we have calculated that the Indian economy is operating at an estimated $33 billion less cash than it would have without demonetization. (We computed this by taking the 20-year long term trend of growth rate of currency in circulation and extrapolating it post-demonetization. The difference between the predicted currency and the actual currency is an estimate of the reduction in circulation caused by demonetization.) Clearly, the behavioral changes required to accomplish a larger digital banking transition were not going to happen overnight or even in the span of a single year.

Meanwhile, the digital backbone of the world’s second-most-populous country and largest democracy has continued to develop. When compared with the status quo even five years ago, our view — one of us is an academic and the other a tech entrepreneur who has worked with and within the Indian government — is that India is leapfrogging into the Fourth Industrial Revolution, with government still at the center of that transformation.

Let’s look at a few examples of what has worked and what’s hasn’t in this massive transition:

Digital India and the India Stack. Digital India was conceived five years ago as a way to push the country’s digital transformation forward and empower citizens in the process. The base of these efforts has been the government’s emphasis on developing infrastructure to enable affordable internet access for all and for every Indian to possess a digital identity. Today, 99% of Indian adults have enrolled in Aadhaar — a goal that not too long ago would have seemed improbable.

Unlike a traditional driver’s license or the U.S. Social Security Card, the government sought to utilize Aadhaar as a platform for financial inclusion, the direct transfer of government benefits and low-cost citizen engagement. The Digital Identity project quickly transformed into what is now known as the India Stack, a set of interoperable software layers supporting digital payments, verified paper-less records, business and service transactions and finally, a still-in-progress user consent architecture, all seamlessly linked with Aadhaar.

Combining digital identity with the paperless layer provided by India Stack enabled the opening of over 350 million verified Jan Dhan (“zero-balance”) accounts. The government envisioned that Jan Dhan Accounts would serve as low-cost and hassle-free bank accounts encouraging participation in the formal banking economy. Over 85% of Jan Dhan account-holders now use these accounts to access credit and savings products. With more than half the country owning smart phones and accessing their accounts via mobile banking, the Jan Dhan-Aadhaar-Mobile (or JAM) trinity of service has been fundamental in encouraging financial inclusion. The Indian Government, which had to navigate a maze of offline infrastructure to effectively reach the beneficiaries of government benefits, has been able to leverage the JAM infrastructure to ensure prompt disbursement of funds with zero systemic leakage – this means that when $100 leaves the government coffers, all of it reaches the intended beneficiaries.

The rapid adoption of India Stack by government, businesses, and citizens has led to public and legal debates about balancing privacy with innovation, service delivery, and technology. One such debate led to a judgement by the Supreme Court of India preventing the use of Aadhaar by the private sector due to privacy concerns. Given the enormous transformational impact of the platform — the technology had allowed for the opening of bank accounts in as few as 55 seconds and a decrease in customer on-boarding costs for telecom companies — the government later issued an ordinance ensuring the continued voluntary usage of Aadhaar by the private sector while emphasizing the norms set for use of the system, including how personal identifying information is stored.

Formalization of the economy and tax reform. Due to the requirement for each person to submit a unique ID to verify bank accounts, duplicity and anonymity in bank accounts has been alleviated post demonetization. This traceability of funds, whether flowing from personal accounts or businesses, has allowed the Indian government to identify over 225,000 “shell companies” with little activity but large flows of funds. These companies often used to siphon money and avoid tax liability.

Data generated by the digital economy also has affected individual taxation. Income tax buoyancy, which is a measure of fiscal sustainability calculated as the change in income tax over the change in GDP, is at a decade high of 2.20. This means that an increasing number of citizens are paying taxes. For a country where the income tax base has traditionally been in the lower single-digit percentage, digitization is beginning to solve the long-term and systemic problem of tax compliance.

Demonetization also set the stage for the implementation of a unified national Goods and Services Tax (GST) that occurred in July 2017. At that time, India removed over 17 national and state taxes that had been impeding trade and business in the country, replacing them with a single nationwide tax. While the initial deployment of the GST was hampered by excessive complexity and other challenges of execution, the uptake of the new system has nonetheless been rapid and widespread. As of our writing, over 12 million enterprises have registered with the GST.

Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) have been the primary beneficiaries of the introduction of GST through the benefits they have accrued by formalizing their business. The biggest benefit to these businesses of entering the formal economy has been the ability to leverage an “input tax credit” which allows business to offset output tax against the tax already paid at the stage of procuring the product, reducing their overall tax burden. Businesses enrolled with GST are able to seek credit of up to $150,000 from public sector banks by submitting their tax invoices and bank statements, with approvals in less than an hour.

Ease of doing business. India’s digitally-enabled policy initiatives have contributed to a significant shift in the country’s ranking in the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business Index. Where India, four years ago, was ranked 142, it is now 77th, a jump of 65 places. India is one of the 10 economies that improved the most in the past two years; it is also the only large economy among those 10.

The biggest improvements have been in the ease of getting construction permits and the ease of trading across borders, both of which have been transformed by digitization and associated structural reforms. The process of starting and liquidating a business is today far simpler than it has ever been, as evidenced by India having become the world’s third-largest ecosystem for start-ups.

Another key dimension of India digital transformation has been the increase in the adoption of technology and the digital means of payments for businesses of all sizes. India now has the second-highest number of mobile phones in the world. The price of an entry level smartphone has come down to as low as $20, allowing for uptake across economic classes. Mobile manufacturers have recognized and seized this opportunity. Five years ago, India had two mobile manufacturing plants. Over 50% of the country was relying on imported phones. Today, the country has over 127 mobile manufacturing plants, with one of the biggest mobile manufacturing factories in the world now located an hour’s drive from New Delhi.

The cost of mobile data has also radically reduced, with Indians now paying around 20 cents per gigabyte per month for data. While much of this data consumption can be explained by the rise in availability of local content and videos, consumer transactions and business services of various types are on the rise through mobile devices.

Policymakers have to keep up. The speed of the changes we have described has challenged policy makers to keep pace, especially around data privacy and security.

The kickstart to the Indian digital economy two years ago has culminated into the draft version of the Indian Data Protection Framework, which aims to design data privacy standards for all intermediaries or companies that process, store and share data and empower individuals around use of their data. The vision is for the owner and creator of the data to have ultimate — and informed — authority on those with whom they want to share their data. For example, if an individual wants access to the best customized health insurance scheme and wants to share her health data with different insurance providers, she should be entitled to do so in a manner where she controls what data to share, which providers should have access to it, and for how long. This is the ultimate goal of the new data protection framework, which, when fully implemented, will complete the India Stack and make safer sharing of this data possible through a singular, secure, and easy to use platform.

The tectonic shifts that we wrote about in 2017 have continued their motion and they have been sometimes slow and grinding, sometimes sudden and sharp. But we are encouraged by the reach and possibility of this digital change. Obstacles and unanticipated detours notwithstanding, India is making continuous strides towards a digital-first economy.

At the crux of transformation are the investments that the country has made in its digital infrastructure. In India, as in other countries, technological advance has continued to outpace policy evolution. While India may be leapfrogging into the “Fourth Industrial Revolution,” the story of its societal transformation as driven by digital disruption has just begun.
Also, the following tweet from our PM today.
@narendramodi
3h3 hours ago
More
Greetings on the special occasion of Parshuram Jayanti. Bhagwan Parshuram personifies bravery and honesty. May the power of his ideals make our society more just and harmonious.
Please connect the above two and draw your own conclusion. Many of us already did.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Can you stop making these generic "ahm so superior to the forum because.." kind of posts? First, they add no value to any discussion. Second, they come across as shallow bragging based on claiming superiority via specious grounds. Third, they are provocative and somebody will be incited to tell you what they think of *your* intolerance vis a vis their views on BJP/Modi. Fourth, it is your inability to discern that most people supporting Modi, at least on the forum, also acknowledge he is human, and is still delivering & hence cut him the slack necessary to get things done.
Please refrain from such pointless posts in the future or be more specific with your critique.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Objective & fact based criticism of Modi/BJP/GOI/GOI policy should be ok.

This has been raised and answered before multiple times. My reply to "Why does not Modi fight on Demo?" or similar question has always been and always will be "Demo" was an election issue closest to its occurrence and helped Modi/BJP get an unprecedented mandate in UP elections. IF politics is the ultimate measure of success or failure of a policy (Not my position), it was a grand success and Modi/BJP has nothing more to prove on that count.

OTOH, if the opposition thinks they can corner Modi/BJP on Demo then it it their choice to run on that and try cornering Modi/BJP.

PS: The Demonetization should actually have been called "Re-monetization". We Indian, including at the very top, have a very poor understanding of nomenclature and its impact.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Make logical critiques, that is fine. But don't make proclamations of "I am superior to the forum because..". They add zero value. I repeat, many posters who discover their views don't match those of other members on the forum, end up making such comments & then scoot. But we are not told the specifics of why they think what they do, and nor are they willing to accept counterpoints to their views.

In terms of defence for instance, which is my area of interest, I give Modi led GOI a 6/10. This may upset people, but then again, in my own ranking system, the previous GOI had a rank of 3/10. The previous NDA govt was around 4.5.

So, its a 100% improvement vs UPA and by itself one of the best performing Govts in this respect, but I see many areas where Modi led GOI can do far far more & am willing to wait for them to do so, because many of the constraints are externally imposed (Rs/$ etc.), i.e. "its' the economy", not easy to dump funds into only one sector when every other social and economic program needs huge investments. And I can back up each and every one of my opinions with data. I also admit my model is limited because it does not take into account the hidden efforts to prevent natsec disasters like 26/11, which Modi led GOI has worked on, but will remain opaque to us.

I expect everyone else here to be similarly prepared when they cite their opinions and insist their opinions need to be taken seriously.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

What a nice ad "Dilli me Dil mein kya hay?" So poetic, so aesthetic, watch video

https://twitter.com/br__sharma/status/1 ... 40832?s=19
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

I dont think people will dispute you Karan, it is better to vote for person scoring 40% and striving for 100% rather than a person who scores 5% and says 95% wrong answers are correct. The opposition as stated by PC and Sam Pitroda sees Pakis as pals and do not want to fight with them no matter what they do, they will ensure as they are personally protected but Pakis can play thier games with no consequences.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

There's a thread on demonetization in the tech/eco forum with 197 pages. None of those claiming Demo gets a free pass here, have either participated there, or have made their presence felt on that thread. Rushing in there and posting now is completely pointless because the bluff has already been called.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Aditya_V wrote:I dont think people will dispute you Karan, it is better to vote for person scoring 40% and striving for 100% rather than a person who scores 5% and says 95% wrong answers are correct. The opposition as stated by PC and Sam Pitroda sees Pakis as pals and do not want to fight with them no matter what they do, they will ensure as they are personally protected but Pakis can play thier games with no consequences.
Exactly. This mindset change is itself a huge thing. Its reversing almost 3 decades of pro-Paki/mild to Pak bhajan which many in our establishment had internalized.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

#ChintamaniSpeaks #Elections2019 @Election_in RG leads in Amethi 2014: Tiloi 11K, Salon 33K, Jagdishpur 25K, Gauriganj 22K, Amethi 27K.
2019: Trailing in Jagdishpur, Gauriganj and Tiloi. Level in Amethi. Leads in Salon. Losing by 25-50K.
Calling Amethi for @smritiirani
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Modi is a human being and will make mistakes. That's not in doubt. Nor will he get a free pass for his mistakes on this forum.

What he will get is an understanding due to his sincere approach to doing things. Consequently a lot of patience from members.

It's a two way street. Both from Indian public and Modi.

In the last 5 years I haven't seen Modi doing anything which can be considered as an abuse of the trust placed in him by the voters.

Which in turn increases the faith people have in him.

This applies to BRF as well. Which is why it appears that people are in an echo chamber. When they are not.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

^ Joined tweet with above:

#ChintamaniSpeaks #Elections2019 @Election_in If anyone is looking for proof, all one needs to do is to venture out to Tikarmafi and Tikarmafi Ashram, a pillar of support to Gandhis through thick and thin. Gandhis rewarded it with IIIT. Even Tikarmafi voted @smritiirani

https://twitter.com/IamIconoclast/statu ... 00320?s=19
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

And the BBC at it again. Another hatchet job with truth being skirted around. Trying to pull down UJALA. Waiting for MSM media and batteries to pick this up in 3,2, ...

India Gas scheme poster woman forced to cook with cow dung
India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a scheme to help poor rural women buy cooking gas in 2016. But despite being one of the first beneficiaries of the scheme, Guddi Devi still uses cow dung every day as fuel.

Video by Saroj Singh, Piyush Nagpal and Abhishek Madhukar

4h ago
But i wonder why is this? Watch till end. Why did she compare subsidized had prices to non- subsidized prices? And how did the BBC pick up this story.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

According to @iamiconoclast NDA already has majority by now. BJP is at 222 meaning it needs another 50 which it is likely to get if he is correct with the numbers so far.
Chintamani @IamIconoclast

#ChintamaniSpeaks #Elections2019 @Election_in Post-poll #Phase5:
MP: BJP 6, Cong 1 (Satna)
Raj: BJP 11, RLP 1 (NDA 12/12)
UP: BJP 13, Cong 1 (Amethi to @smritiirani)
Bihar: BJP 3, JDU 1, LJP 1 (NDA 5/5)
Jharkhand: BJP 4/4
WB: BJP 2, TMC 5
J&K: NC 1, Cong 1
Cumulative BJP 222

Cumulative so far:
NDA 279
Congress 33

UPA 75
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

chetak wrote:
KL Dubey wrote:Sexto de Mayo.

Phayze 5, it be closed now. Prayze be to our good Lawd Ram, and may peace reign upon gawd'z green earth (a.k.a. "Ram Rajya").....till May 12, at least.

NDA has had another good day. It is headed to 340+ seats now.

Close race in Amethi and Pappu stands a good chance of losing. Easy win for Antonia in Rae Bareli.

in rae rareli, no one has ever strongly opposed the family by putting by worthy/strong opponents.

it has always been a walk over by tacit arrangement.

wonder why
I asked the same question on twitter and response was that post Bellary, BJP realised that SG can never be a contender for PM'ship so no need to waste time and energy on her. She probably would still scrap through whereas Rahul is a fair target.
Make no mistake, If PV decides to fight elections in 2024, She will be setup against one of the best from BJP stables.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D57ntdAVUAIzd6i.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D57oc_WUUAAg9Ed.jpg

CJI orders posting Rafale and Pappu's apology hearing on May 6 but somehow it was changed to May 10.

Section 144 due to big protests against CJI
Last edited by vijayk on 07 May 2019 15:27, edited 1 time in total.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

EC has banned opinion polls and exit polls. I am not sure how these people are giving out those figures and what is credibility. All known pollsters have their mouth shut.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

News18
‏Verified account @CNNnews18

#NewsAlert – Massive protest outside the Supreme Court against CJI harassment case. Section 144 imposed around SC. Activists, lawyers protest against CJI outside SC. | @Nitisha_Kashyap with more details
Time to clean up termites in SC (Prashant Bhushan, Indira Jaisingh, Vrinda Grover)
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Rajiv Gandhi died for Nehru empire and not for a nation. People in Bhopal died for nation. Everyone elder in my family died with the opinion that there was no democracy in India for 4+decades. You were voting for nehru family or puppets set up by same that controlled nehru family. All that tells me is that people knew the game but didn't know how to stop it.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Did you guys see the Pranoy Roy carrying mic to a village and interviewing a girl? The girl was speaking from a mugged script.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ramana wrote:
chetak wrote:BTW, talk is rife in dilli circles that it is the CPI proxies that are instrumental in going after the CJI.

the congis proxies have now jumped on the bandwagon protesting the alleged nontransparent investigation that gave the CJI a clean chit, calling into doubt the procedures followed by the in house SC team and calling for an "open" inquiry by a nonjudicial group of "intellectuals", meaning that they want a trial by media and tv debates
Hogwash. The attack is by someone who knows the process and is upset with the CJI.
Chalameshwar comes to mind who fits bill.
And could be proxy for others.*
And anyway it has been squashed and the proxies exposed.

The ex CBI director Alok Verma was immediately charged for some other crime.

Leftists, Foreign Funded NGOs and the Rafale link: Women ‘activists’ protest against clean chit to CJI Gogoi in sexual harassment case

Leftists, Foreign Funded NGOs and the Rafale link: Women ‘activists’ protest against clean chit to CJI Gogoi in sexual harassment case

Donors to the HRLN include Misereor which is partners with Sherpa, the same NGO that filed a plea against the Rafale deal in France. Sherpa is also partners with George Soros' Open Society Institute.

Annie Raja, General Secretary of National Federation of Indian Women (NFIW), told India Today TV that the protest was being held to question the method adopted by the in-house investigation panel which gave a clean chit to Ranjan Gogoi. The NFIW is a far-left organization that considers Islamic Terrorism in Kashmir to be ‘indigenous uprising’.

The protest was also attended by other Left organizations. All India Democratic Women’s Association (AIDWA), an ‘independent’ Leftist organization with Brinda Karat as one of its patrons, too, joined the protest. The members of the New Trade Union Initiative (NTUI) also joined the protest.

Kalpana Vishwanath, the founder of the Safetipin app which is partners with organizations such as Ford Foundation and UK Aid among others, too joined the protest and talked about the apparent lapses in due process.

Apart from such far-left organizations, the protest was also attended by campaigns with extensive links to foreign-funded NGOs. Members of the Right to Food Campaign (RFC) joined the protest. RFC is an “informal network” of organizations that have been campaigning extensively against Akshaya Patra, the ISKCON affiliated entity that provides midday meals to children. One of the activists associated with it considers Brahmins to be obstructions to India’s development.

The RFC has PUCL, an organization with extensive links to ‘Urban Naxals’, in its steering committee. It also has the Human Rights Law Network (HRLN), a foreign-funded NGO that has been interfering in various matters related to the internal security of the country, in its steering committee. Donors to the HRLN include Misereor which is partners with Sherpa, the same NGO that filed a plea against the Rafale deal in France. Sherpa is also partners with George Soros’ Open Society Institute.

CJI Gogoi had claimed that the allegations against him were a plot to dissuade him from hearing important cases. He is currently hearing review petitions in the Rafale matter and a contempt plea against Congress President Rahul Gandhi. Considering the entities which are protesting against the clean chit given to him, the plot has certainly thickened.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

MISEREOR is the German Catholic Bishops' Organisation for Development Cooperation.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

I am not sure but it seems this CJI thing is about 23 May. If NDA gets majority then expect frivolous lawsuits and petitions. These elements are preparing for the war. I hope Modi is closely watching and preparing his moves.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

^^ Any NGO that takes foreign money has to be debarred from PILs