2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by Zynda »

^^Dhoti shiver onlee?
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

Singha wrote:1st gen PIO is ok, they were born and brought up in india and know the real picture.

the hinduphobic campaigns will be more tough on 2nd+ gen PIOs. some will say thoo thoo and try to be as much gora as possible incl in faith. textbooks we know are biased...

actually my cousin(who only did MS and settled there) already did - married gori, walks talks and eats like a gora. I am sure he makes excuses to his colleagues for the savage killer on the PMs chair here. his shallow intellectual reach outside of work domain is evident in his SM posts.
Please don't brand every 2nd gen into an Indic apologist, one or two personal experiences hardly constitute a stereotype.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Atmavik wrote:^^ so we are in for a big surprise on may 23rd one way or the other ? one issue with 2004 India shining campaign was that BJP cader was de moralized and did not show up as ABV could not push for Mandir, Uniform civil code or any dharmic reform. it is different this time around but the turnout numbers are unusual
2004 had less to do with the RSS and more to do with the FFNGOs and in turn the local NGOs which were utilized to prime the opposition, propagandize the electorate and push aside an almost somnolent, fat and overconfident BJP, lulled into complacency by its own propaganda of progress and led by a poetry spouting affable and gentlemanly PM who was a card carrying founder member of the lootyens ecosystem. The BJP leadership had no clue about the forces arrayed against it and was therefore ripe for the plucking.

Then these clueless jolly good fellows ran head on into the BIF ambush and the BIF seized the chance, breached the ramparts, and laid siege to the citadel and this unexpected rout left the unsuspecting BJP leaders unnerved, dazed and disoriented for a very long time.

At least the RSS should have seen this coming, given as how they are always said to be connected to the people and always with the proverbial ear to the ground.

there is something very fishy and unnatural about the defeat of the BJP in 2004 as well as the mysterious and meteoric rise of khujliwal in dilli and the story will come out one day and for sure, the story of both originates outside of India and involves people who are not Indian citizens.

this time around there is no poetry spouting, lootyens pasand, politically amiable, genial, gregarious, convivial and jovial personage around.

There are only three huge and very hungry great white sharks prowling the choppy waters of the Indian elections.
Last edited by chetak on 11 May 2019 14:09, edited 1 time in total.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

^^^ let me pull some nUmbers from my a** I say inc is getting 420 seats and bjp is getting 10
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Ardeshir wrote:
Karan M wrote:The wests aim is as India grows stronger its full of quasi-westerners who ape them.
While I totally agree with the sentiment, could you expand on this - who could be classified as the 'west' in this context? Evanjihadis, or WaPo/NYT Liberals?
All of them. We are a sub-human people whose segments have to be saved from hinduism by adopting other faiths or aggressively rejecting its core precepts ( true for dalit/SC-ST etc), some have to be taught a lesson (true for upper castes/"brahminical" forces) and the minorities have to be protected from all hindus in turn. This thought process is true for LW/RW/EJs and "liberals". All are united in this belief system, only degree to which element is emphasised varies.
The western establishment thinking is also in line with above, as more "western" we are in thought process, the bigger chamchas we will be, and more useful for waging colonial wars on Khans behalf since we have such a large population. Might as well die in Afghanistan, Iraq, NoKo or wherever our masters send us.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

After a lurch to left with the now jailed lula, brazil has lurched to right with a new el presidante and two brothers

One is known as a pit bull and second is a right wing gun nut
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Hum AAP ke hai Con ?
Last edited by Lilo on 11 May 2019 14:45, edited 1 time in total.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

suryag wrote:^^^ let me pull some nUmbers from my a** I say inc is getting 420 seats and bjp is getting 10
Your anti jinx shouldn't be so anti that it loses it's antiness :wink:

BJP 200, RaGa next PM
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Liloji, you should have put a NSFA (Not Safe for Anyone) warning for that pic
Blech yuckkkkk
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

AAP candidates son from west delhi has rebelled against dad giving 6cr to kejriwal for MP ticket
held a press conf for all journos

said he hates the tukde tukde gang buzzing around kejru
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karan M wrote:Liloji, you should have put a NSFA (Not Safe for Anyone) warning for that pic
Blech yuckkkkk
that was photoshopped from a priyanka chopra's recent public appearance where, if such a thing were at all possible, she actually looked much worse than this.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

why do our ill advised bollywood types go to gora peoples fancy dress parties and red carpets?

its not like they lack in parties, adulation and instagram fans here...and dare i say lines of white powder too.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Abhinav Prakash
@Abhina_Prakash
3h3 hours ago
More
Well after the creation of Pakistan, the Christian speaker of the Punjab assembly was thrown out as non-Muslims can’t hold position over Muslims. It was the voice of the god...

=
On 23rd of June, 1947, meeting of Punjab legislative assembly voted whether Punjab should be part of Pakistan or India. 88 voted for India. 91 for Pakistan. Those three votes were Christian votes led by S.P. Singha :shock: :(( becoz creation of Pakistan was the voice of the monotheistic god.

In 1942, the All India Christian Association assured unconditional full cooperation to Pakistan movement. We often forget that Christians & Ahmadis were pivotal in creation of Pakistan.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

https://www.thefridaytimes.com/how-four ... ssion=true

A meeting of the Punjab Legislative Assembly was held on the 23rd of June, 1947, to consider whether the Province, still undivided at the time, should be part of Pakistan or of India. The three Christian members of the Assembly had met the night before at Singha’s Davis Road home and had decided to vote for the inclusion of the whole of Punjab in Pakistan. On the morning of the meeting, Master Tara Singh, leader of the militant Sikh Akali Dal Party, stood on the broad flight of steps in front of the Assembly with a bared kirpan, threatening to use it on any member who would vote in favour of union with Pakistan. Coming up the steps, Dewan Bahadur Singha confronted the armed Sikh leader, announcing that he indeed intended to vote for Pakistan, and challenged him to do his worst. A scuffle broke out, but violence was prevented by other members. :((
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

chetak wrote:
Karan M wrote:Liloji, you should have put a NSFA (Not Safe for Anyone) warning for that pic
Blech yuckkkkk
that was photoshopped from a priyanka chopra's recent public appearance where, if such a thing were at all possible, she actually looked much worse than this.
But her namesake, Priyanka Sharma, (PIF), has been arrested by Jihadidi's Rajakars. She has been put to 2 weeks of JC.
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

In the last few phases of WB election, all local news papers, including ABP, singing hosannas about Left Front as if there has been a dog whistle.

These rounds of vote are for western part of the state where the seats are for BJP to loose if anti incumbency against jihadidi gets split.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

If ABP is rooting for LF it means they desperately don't want BJP to win.
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

Supratik wrote:If ABP is rooting for LF it means they desperately don't want BJP to win.
If you have so much as a cursory glance at most mainstream newspapers in WB, you'd concur that they are 2nd level mouthpieces onlee. To qualify as a first level one, you have to be as elite as "Jaago Bangla". (The "J" to be pronounced as the J in Jalapeño)

Even ABP Ananda, and ABP News are also on the same lines. But then again, you cannot set up a news channel and continue to operate in the capital city of the Caliphate (Al-KAL-KUTA) until you are prostrate before the Sultana!
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

banrjeer wrote:The time article dehumanizes Indians. It deserves a response not with an article but a campaign that dislodges the authority that decides such articles from their pedestal of morality.

A price needs to be extracted.

Notice that Hassan Minaj treats the western audience as arbiters of the rest of the worlds heathen.
All the while lamenting his own treatment at their hands for being brown - plays the victim card for himself while supporting anti-hindu memes.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

The same pitgaya guy is at it again and peddling his rant about how inc made somethings happened with ignoring other factors like Bell company break up, killing of local engineering solutions and investments, geopolitical situations of the time, etc.

Not mentioning how if nehru family wasn't there then India would have had many such things lot before that.
For all those who would be voting on May 12 th & 19 th I want to remind that the phones and computers you use is because PM Rajiv Gandhi in mid 1980s provided political will, policies, leadership, wisdom and needed funding to build foundation & platform to connect india.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Primus wrote:
banrjeer wrote:The time article dehumanizes Indians. It deserves a response not with an article but a campaign that dislodges the authority that decides such articles from their pedestal of morality.

A price needs to be extracted.

Notice that Hassan Minaj treats the western audience as arbiters of the rest of the worlds heathen.
All the while lamenting his own treatment at their hands for being brown - plays the victim card for himself while supporting anti-hindu memes.
I haven't looked at Time magazine on newstands in the US recently, but the one with Modi on the cover, I think is the edition for India or international edition. The US edition has Elizabeth Warren (Pocahontas) on the cover. I don't think anyone reads Time magazine, so they're attempting to get "edgy" at the expense of India.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Mort Walker wrote: I don't think anyone reads Time magazine, so they're attempting to get "edgy" at the expense of India.
That may not be a good conclusion. One has to consider other venues rather than personal subscriptions. For example, I read many things that I would normally would not while waiting at medical offices to auto shop. These sort of news articles are also used to launch attacks to change opinion of people who are not versed in politics. School libraries are other places where these vultures control what's immediately in your face and what's not. These publications may not be in the face where people would buy it but it's where they do know someone would read it. Imagine X% of school kids reading it and making up their opinions. I know lot of this from personal arguments with young extended family members and how they till this day bring this sort of publications to talk about 2002. And all of these have gone through big schools but are still illiterate.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Singha wrote:why do our ill advised bollywood types go to gora peoples fancy dress parties and red carpets?

its not like they lack in parties, adulation and instagram fans here...and dare i say lines of white powder too.
Mamta Kulkarni was a big hit in 90s, with songs like "Mujhko Rana ji maaf karma..." , i read her interview in one cine magazine where she was asked about some big hit movie of the year, I think Damini and she said I don't watch hindi movies ever, then she went on talking about her favorite Hollywood movies...

These said, Karina, priyanka etc never watch hindi movies....
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Dilli liberal mafia can't digest OBCs/ SCs voting for Modi

I am starting a compilation of MSM and its obsession with caste. Videos, tweets, etc. - I plan to make an extensive collection.

These people repeatedly ask for caste when interviewing commoners, and some of the comments they make are :eek: . For example, in the above video, the NDTV moron is heard asking the interviewee about the "stray cow problem." The interviewee says "not a problem." NDTV moron says "not a problem?? you must be a Brahmin then!!" Interviewee says he's actually Harijan :).
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by Peregrine »

My dad paid Rs 6 crore to Arvind Kejriwal for ticket, alleges AAP candidate's son – IANS

NEW DELHI: Just a day before polling in Delhi, the son of an Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) candidate made a sensational allegation on Saturday, claiming that his father had paid Rs 6 crore to party chief and Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal to get the ticket.

The allegation was made by Uday, son of AAP's West Delhi candidate Balbir Singh Jakhar, while speaking to reporters here.

When contacted for his reaction, Jakhar told IANS that his son was not staying with him from past 14-15 years and he will come out with more details in sometime.

Uday, while speaking to the media, alleged, "He (Jakhar) paid Rs 6 crore to Kejriwal for the ticket ... My father told me that he paid the amount to Kejriwal."

He went on to allege, "The more shocking part is that Kejriwal, who was party of the anticorruption movement, is so corrupt and taking money."

Uday added that this was not the only thing he wanted to tell the world to clear his conscience.

He alleged that his father was among those who tried to save Congress leader Sajjan Kumar, who was awarded life term by the Delhi high court in a 1984 anti-Sikh riots case.

"My father also decided to represent Sajjan Kumar in court. He was paid huge amount to bail him out," Uday claimed.

Uday insisted that he does not have affiliation with any political party.

In Video: AAP candidate’s son claims he paid Rs 6 cr to Kejriwal for Lok Sabha ticket

Cheers Image
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

An article on security arrangements in the shehar of Dhilika . First time I am seeing numbers. All told- 60,000 police personnel to support elections across 2700 booths, for 1.43 crore voters for 7 lok sabha seats. 520 booths have been identified as needing more security (critical).
(My opinion: expected trouble spots would be potentially Pakistani interference, local party goons to menace people around. A lot of potential violence can be stopped just by a heavy police presence).

https://www.asianage.com/metros/delhi/1 ... force.html

Elections over 7 weeks is a problem in many ways. It gives more time for people outside the system to re-group and try again (not just now, but in future elections- if population in 203x is 150 crores, will it be a 9 week election then?); not to mention the massive loss in productivity and from the repeated discussions on the same points, twitter wars etc. EC must find ways to finish of this critical thing in a couple of weeks in future. If that means, raising additional companies for use once every 5 years, so be it. In fact, elections are held somewhere in India (state, central) pretty much every year now. So, these companies will be used pretty much eveny year and not just once in 5. Also, as the security situation improves over the next 5 years- which will happen if Modi comes to power, then the need for CRPF/CAF/CISF etc. across will likely reduce, freeing up police for election security. (IPL security detail should go to election security and shrink the election time).
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

sudarshan wrote:Dilli liberal mafia can't digest OBCs/ SCs voting for Modi

I am starting a compilation of MSM and its obsession with caste. Videos, tweets, etc. - I plan to make an extensive collection.

These people repeatedly ask for caste when interviewing commoners, and some of the comments they make are :eek: . For example, in the above video, the NDTV moron is heard asking the interviewee about the "stray cow problem." The interviewee says "not a problem." NDTV moron says "not a problem?? you must be a Brahmin then!!" Interviewee says he's actually Harijan :).
It would be a service if you could compile something like that.

These people who cry hoarse about caste issues in media are the ones trying to create such issues. It serves congressi goals of divide and rule. If they are genuinely concerned about upper caste domination, they should welcome Modi with open arms for Prime Ministership, with him coming from a backward caste (an OBC, per wiki). What better representative to counter upper caste domination....than a demonstrably capable leader who is from a backward caste, and lived a simple life even after becoming a CM for 10 years. I say, Vote Modi for equality.

NDTV is truly clueless, with Prannoy Roy right by the side. They take a guy sitting on a roadside shop and ask him about the problem of stay cattle !! Do these guys live in India or some other planet. The guy's main concerns would be bijli, pani, sadak and rozgari (electricity, water, roads and employment). Even for welloff people who have 3 cars at home, it would still be good roads over a stray cow(in the list above). I think the question about stray cattle/cows may have been a ruse to get to know the person's caste....not that there is anything wrong with it. I have not seen anyone apologetic about what caste/community they belong to, and this person says his community quite plainly and in a very matter of fact way.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

>>elite as "Jaago Bangla". (The "J" to be pronounced as the J in Jalapeño)

:rotfl:
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

Suraj & others,
We've seen an explosion in terms of communication reach via socmed, whatsapp etc. Plus our population is younger than earlier. Perhaps a headset awareness/ability to rouse such population to vote generally is a cause more than a "wave" of any sort. Better education among the non-elite is perhaps the reason for greater turnout.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

I must admit that I did not read that Time Magazine BS, but on my way to the gym last night, I was listening in on one youtube-recommended clip by Coupta, titled western media's take on ModiJi. Couple of observations:

I. If you know enough about western media like most of us do here, you won't even touch western media crap about India with a foot-long pole (unless of course, you heard from someone a priori that it was a balanced view). But Coupta dude, like a true colonized rat that he is couldn't hide the orgasms he was getting citing the anti-ModiJi views of NYT, WSP, Economist, Guardian, and now TIME etc.

2. That part that had me laughing my ass off was when he listed off all the names who wrote the anti-ModiJi crap, they are all outsourced Indian Uncle Tome slaves including Pankaj Misra, Tavleen Singh's half Paki son Atish Taseer etc. He did not point that out. And about the only western name he mentioned was Ian Bremmer who took a contrarian positive view but he said it was a side show.

3. My objective assessment from my vantage point is that in general, as I scan western media, there is at best limited coverage of Indian elections. I don't watch much US TV, but can anyone tell me if there has been a single report or a single analysis on say CNN for example, on the Indian elections? I doubt it. So at best one can say that the authentic western view is disinterest except pockets of negativity, mostly written by outsourced Indian slaves.

4. You can be rest assured that had there been massive election violence or anything else catastrophic, it would have hit the western mainstream headlines. So this limited coverage is actually a very good thing IMO. Indians who follow ardently follow western media go agog at any crap doled out by them, Lutyen chutiyas at the anti-Hindu anti-ModiJi anti-BJP negative propaganda, or 'globalized' Indians and some naive RW folks at "positive" condescending drivel like Nick Jonas liking samosa chat or some latest Bollywood beauty seen with some western honcho.
Last edited by CRamS on 11 May 2019 21:10, edited 1 time in total.
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

Tomorrow is the penultimate day of voting and here is my prediction based on feel for the indian village and small towns. BJP alone will get close to or more than 300 seats. The results from West Bengal is the one I am watching with almost as much anticipation as the rest of India. The land of swami Vivekananda and subhas chandra bose my two heroes were born on this holy land. As a teenager once I went and walked in the corridors of presidency college just to go to a place where swami Vivekananda once walked. The day Bengal and Bihar one the seat of modern Indian thinking and the other the seat of Indian civilization rise India,s time would truly have arrived and I say that time has arrived and no power in heaven and earth can stop it.
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

- Some details of night before balakot strike
- Pappu plays video games a lot :lol:
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

Suresh S wrote:Tomorrow is the penultimate day of voting and here is my prediction based on feel for the indian village and small towns. BJP alone will get close to or more than 300 seats. The results from West Bengal is the one I am watching with almost as much anticipation as the rest of India. The land of swami Vivekananda and subhas chandra bose my two heroes were born on this holy land. As a teenager once I went and walked in the corridors of presidency college just to go to a place where swami Vivekananda once walked. The day Bengal and Bihar one the seat of modern Indian thinking and the other the seat of Indian civilization rise India,s time would truly have arrived and I say that time has arrived and no power in heaven and earth can stop it.
Dr. B.C. Roy is perhaps the greatest CM that WB ever had. And as a doctor, he was a legend!
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

That is what was taught to us and I also thought the same at one time . My only comment is learn to question everything about Indian history taught to you, I will say no more.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Looks like there was another love fest between Pappu and UndY, this time with their Hindi anchor. Anyone watched and Pappu special laughable clips?
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

CRamS wrote:Looks like there was another love fest between Pappu and UndY, this time with their Hindi anchor. Anyone watched and Pappu special laughable clips?
Whatever the outcome, I will give it to the media advisors to conduct the 'interview' in public in contrast to a hotel room. This grassroots socialism posture goes a long way in garnering votes, however Ravish's NDTV is hardly viewed by anyone at the bottom of the pyramid. Man ki Baat would have gone a long way in reaching out to every village across the Hindi belt.

PS I'm not taking sides, merely nitpicking good strategy.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

BRF has been saying this since April and now the rest of media is catching up on this it seems.
The Prime Minister who is known for coining quirky slogans, tossed another one at the rally, he said, "Chup chap kamal pe chhap" and Booth booth se TMC saaf." This means "vote for BJP silently" and "eliminate TMC from every polling booth".
Read more at: http://www.sify.com/news/mamata-govt-de ... hhibe.html
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

vimal wrote:BRF has been saying this since April and now the rest of media is catching up on this it seems.
The Prime Minister who is known for coining quirky slogans, tossed another one at the rally, he said, "Chup chap kamal pe chhap" and Booth booth se TMC saaf." This means "vote for BJP silently" and "eliminate TMC from every polling booth".
Read more at: http://www.sify.com/news/mamata-govt-de ... hhibe.html
`Chup chap kamaal pe chhap' is copied from the old TMC slogan `Chup chap ghasphoole chap'. In fact, Swapan Dasgupta was circulating another version of it a few days ago `Chup chap padme chap'.
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

Chup chap kamal pe chhap is a MKIed version of TMC's own slogan. The other one,however, is as new as it gets.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Prasad wrote:Suraj & others,
We've seen an explosion in terms of communication reach via socmed, whatsapp etc. Plus our population is younger than earlier. Perhaps a headset awareness/ability to rouse such population to vote generally is a cause more than a "wave" of any sort. Better education among the non-elite is perhaps the reason for greater turnout.
I have already thought of that, but then let me ask you this - every decade since independence, transportation, communication and other development measures have grown . Therefore it follows that every decade turnout should keep growing keeping in line with improvement in these capabilities .

Except it doesn’t . Turnout was mid 50% in 1960s all the way thru 2009 . It’s very stable that way . It is so in most democracies - there’s a stable voting percent that each nation establishes . Eg in US the average turnout is 48-52% . India is 57-58% . UK slightly more .

Then the 2010s arrive and suddenly we have two elections where turnout are 66.5% and so far , 67% . We have never come close to two thirds turnout before, even IGs killing caused 63% turnout for bhrashtachar #1s wave .

So how does one explain this ? In fact why would WhatsApp etc cause an increase ? One would think the new generation is too busy chatting and instagramming to go vote . Last time I was in Lulu Mall in Cochin some idiot almost fell off the big escalator while trying to take a selfie . This generation became the driver of the astonishing rise in turnout ?