2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
sivab
BRFite

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by sivab »

Modi Interview

https://indianexpress.com/elections/pm- ... p-5723186/
You mentioned unrest in three communities

Do not see it through the prism of only these three communities. The large number of NGOs that operate with support from foreign funds have also been involved in creating an unrest like this.
What was not possible for your government even with 282 (seats)?

Getting The Indian Express to be objective in criticism of Modi (smiles).
:rotfl:
I give advertisements to The Indian Express. It doesn’t benefit me, but is it a dole? Advertisements to newspapers may fit into a description of dole. After December 11, DAVP rates were enhanced. It is a dole? But if I am getting houses built (for the poor), is it a dole? Then I do not get the definition of a dole.
But take the example of — The Indian Express’s one-time karta-dharta had written an article on the merger of banks in the country as a big reform. I have merged five banks into SBI and three more banks have been merged. Where is he? It is not a small issue to merge banks where unions are present. We have merged five banks in State Bank (of India). The process is on. These things do not happen overnight. One man is doing in five years what hasn’t happened in last 70 years.
There is a law to disclose foreign funds to the government. It was not framed by me. It was framed by this khaandan (family). I only demanded an account. It was not provided. Automatically, 20,000 (NGOs) were closed. Main kahunga ki deshdroh hai. Aapko kyon bura lagta hai ji (I will call it treason. Why do you mind)?
When a terrorist receives death from the Supreme Court of India, there was a headline like ‘And they hanged him’. But that was free speech, wasn’t it?
I have answered (your questions) politely. But you will have to answer some questions as well. A Dalit girl is raped in Alwar and it doesn’t become a headline in The Indian Express till May 6 (when polls concluded in Rajasthan), it will raise question on the neutrality of The Indian Express.
Many more, read the whole thing. He takes IE to cleaners.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

After starving the press for 5 years, Modi is on an interview spree. What gives? Usually there is a lot of thought on what ever he does, but most won't figure it out until later.
Nsmith
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Nsmith »

'South Asian' libtards are in a league of their own. Many of my own libtard friends are enthusiastically sharing the Aatish Taseer story on whatsapp, as a vindication of their views on the divisive nature of Modi/ RSS and the 'toxic' environment created in desh.

Its important to counter such views IMHO without name calling the other side and remaining respecful. We indics have to fight for our space and not expect any RW media house or RW intellectual to do the heavy lifting. Its a long and difficult road to create a genuine RW narrative and all of us need to chip in and do our 2 paise. Bring down the citadel brick by brick and create a bhavya mandir in its place.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Having gained some insight into Modi's way of working, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this radar business was another of his elaborately set and exquisitely timed traps. And if it really is a trap, I would expect that he'd spring it after a whole lot of congi motor mouths gleefully put their feet in their motor mouths.

It is of course possible that Modi, being human after all, did make a slip. In which case, I would advise supporters to brazen it out, and not go into a whine fest.

SriKumar ji, yes NDTV is clueless. I'm watching some youtube videos of their street interviews to add to my collection of their casteist gaffes. The videos I'm currently watching actually have a relatively sane interviewer presenting positive views of Modi from UP in general and Varanasi in particular. They do try and maintain a facade of neutrality, but occasionally the real face slips through. Of course, there are other news channels which don't even try to maintain that facade.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Friends did my Homa in Yagyaa of Loktantra:
In my area it is Dr. Harshvardhan of BJP, reaching Polling Booth exactly 7'O clock precisely, saw on the way 3 tables of polling agents AAP table was full on 3 volunteers, 2nd BJP table had poster of BJP as tablecloth but no agents.... 3rd table was totally empty (I presume congi, it didn't have any sign on it.) VVPAT takes 7 seconds in operation you press button and nothing happens, after few seconds you see slip with LOTUS :) and candidate name then 7 seconds slip falls in box and there's a beeping sound

On the way back saw 3 agents of BJP manning the table....

3rd table was still totally empty
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

Another news (now confirmed by media reports): After warming up to KCR, Congress is now in Touch with Jagan for a post-poll alliance. Cant believe that he's considering deals w/ the same folks who put him in Jail for 18 months.

https://www.theweek.in/news/india/2019/ ... ie-up.html

If these negotiations succeed, Congress/UPA has earned 38 MP seats (25 from AP) + at least 13 that KCR & Owaisi, UPA will win in TG, through backdoor, despite losing elections in both states massively.

Am sure Shah & Ram Madhav are aware of these developments and have their strategy outlined - at least weaning away Jagan from UPA should be plausible.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Not Ram Madhav please.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

^ jagan family takes orders from evangelical powers, if they directed him to join with familia he has to submit
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

VKumar wrote:But now we have discovered the power of Twitter and we shall hammer BJP everytime they overlook their hindutva agenda.
Sorry but el oh el.

Shadow boxing is not done out in the open. How many yindoos appreciate the danger of EJ funding and the laws that are formulated to restrict & constrain yindoos thriving and growing? Miniscule. Mass support to remove such shackles will never come. Waiting for such before acting is a fool's endeavor. You need to be ruthless. RTE has existed for nearly 15 years now. That is 15 years of damage to yindoo schools. In 15 more years it wont even matter if you remove it or not. That is why certain things need to be done quickly. Same with cutting off foreign funding for NGOs, stopping such NGOs from filing PILs. Why should a church funded NGO file a case against elephant use in temple festivals? You see where I'm going? Despite widespread criticism of exactly one such ***** filing a case against temple elephants in Kerala (who got royally fu(ked by an elephant herself), govt did nothing.

RSS might have numbers & ground presence. But they have not shown an ability to tackle the insidious nature of EJs & the whole journalist-activist nexus because they operate at a higher plane. For that you need a smaller but more focussed, intelligent group that can take the attack to the opposition. This is via laws. RSS does not have that capability. All of yindooism cannot come together for such things. They will come if you do Sabarimalai type nonsense but not for a mischievous law that is written by a hawaii university law student who came to india & attended supreme court proceedings and met supreme court judges and was interning & working under a sc lawyer and wrote a few laws for an ngo to push via an MP into the rajya sabha. Or some indian origin professor sitting in oxford who will write out a 20 page bill on equality that will explicitly refer to the 93rd amendment or the art 25,26, 30 provisions in the constitution to exclude minorities from the provision of said law. Journalists of all hues will clearly not mention this particular provision making the law exclusively applicable only to yindoos and go to town claiming progressive MP brought in a law that is much needed in these intolerant times to bring in piss plogless and equality for all (conditions apply - minorities can do whatever they dam well please). And when some poor hapless yindoo goes to court saying i wuj discriminated onlee, hc will smirk & huff n puff and holler that you dutty yindoo aint got no legal protection, so case dismissed.

We can build toilets. We need to rework textbooks & laws at the same time. There is no doubt about that.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

May be it's a fake news, but it has been making rounds in WA for the last few days.
A picture shows that Jagan Reddy is chest deep water surrounded by a few Hindu priests.
It says that Jagan has reconverted back to Hindu fold.
Has anyone seen that pic?
Who could be behind this, even if this is fake?
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

There is a serious push to make him acceptable to Hindus. Even I was told that he respects my caste people and he does not do EJ things etc etc by his fellowers. Let us see if he wins.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

he is playing waiting game to see which formation can reach majority.
then for his own safety he will join that formation.

has already said he has forgiven the congress . he never had any fight with the bjp.

agile fellow he is ... having him inside the NDA might curtail his alliance with EJ forces , so I would support inducting him in NDA if they form the Govt
his moles and spies can help to gather info on Naidu and roll up that cartel.

just as Cali cartel helped eliminate the Medellin cartel and in turn were wiped out by the north valley cartel. USA won while these cartels fought. ofcourse other militia formations and cartels got created . so long as demand is there, someone will grow and ship product.

I view the world as a biological entity, a sheet of living matter. the hindu and buddhist areas were stable ecosystems of multiple strains of cells willing to let other organisms also exist and prosper

now born in the resource poor arid environment of the western desert, the two desert cults had no such luxury. it was take over the hive, wipe out others or starve of nutrients (followers) and die. so that mem got baked into their DNA

by sword, fire and the book they spread like a virus all over the world, disrupting and destroying native cells and taking over as new colonies. soon they started mutating and fighting among themselves as well , as each cycle of evolution wipes out their gentler cells and promotes the more adaptable and ruthless strains.

taking advantage of weak receptor and trojan cells in the hindu-buddhist cell colonies, gaps and cuts were opened up in the walls for the militant desert cells to pour in and form oil droplets, with a aggressive posture to capture further ground.

like any gut immune system (humans have some 300 species of helpful bacteria in the gut), the yindu-buddhist immune system was overwhelmed and defeated in parts and barely held on in others. eventually , by virtue of 'educator' cells that move throughout the ecosystem passing on strands of proteins and nervous system electrical signals , the immune system is learning to protect the host and generate the antibodies needed to fight off these militant invasive virus ideologies.

so thats where 'antibodies' like LK advani, Yogi and finally Modi get produced by natural cycles of learning and adaptable evolution.

evolution always finds a way...
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Kati wrote:May be it's a fake news, but it has been making rounds in WA for the last few days.
A picture shows that Jagan Reddy is chest deep water surrounded by a few Hindu priests.
It says that Jagan has reconverted back to Hindu fold.
Has anyone seen that pic?
Who could be behind this, even if this is fake?
Fake.
Gajan is a Christian despite his shenanigans with mathadhipatis in AP.

https://youtu.be/o3aOr9yVpcM?t=39
"I believe in God. I pray to God. I read the Bible every day. Vengeance is not for me. I am forgiving and I have forgiven."
Above is an interview he gave to rNDTV 2 days before AP election.
YSRCP bigwigs are openly Christian - TDP bigwigs are covertly Christian or in EJ pockets.
That is the status of AP . Anyway concerning today's phase discussions on AP are irrelevant.
Last edited by Lilo on 12 May 2019 09:42, edited 3 times in total.
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

Yagnasri wrote:There is a serious push to make him acceptable to Hindus. Even I was told that he respects my caste people and he does not do EJ things etc etc by his fellowers. Let us see if he wins.
its hard for me to believe this ghar wapsi. its more like taqiya. I know a few hard core supporters of his father who turned when there was push to construct a church on the 7 holly hills. this may be an attempt to win them back
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Someones reading BRF . :mrgreen:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/bus ... 279612.cms

google s gonna get shafted !!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the near monopoly and do what you please of the indian market by US and chinese internet brands and their proxy running dogs has to be stopped.

for their own safety, china and usa have restricted each others titans. russia keeps a close eye on both.

our sleeping has to end on this
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Atmavik wrote: its hard for me to believe this ghar wapsi. its more like taqiya. I know a few hard core supporters of his father who turned when there was push to construct a church on the 7 holly hills. this may be an attempt to win them back
Ya. Taquiya. With this cheating, he becomes more threating to us.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Just spoke to my in-laws in MP. They stood in line since 6AM to vote and pressed the BJP button. As I was told, "Modi ke lehar aa gai hai". Fits with PP, but also there is a lot of sentiment for the Scindias in the Guna-Gwalior belt of MP. Too bad Madhav Rao Scindia passed away, he was one of the last few good people of the INC. It's also too bad that Raj Mata is gone too. I had a chance to meet her once, but my train from Delhi was late and I missed the opportunity. My father has met her though while she was in the BJP leadership.
Last edited by Mort Walker on 12 May 2019 10:27, edited 1 time in total.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

sivab wrote:Modi Interview
https://indianexpress.com/elections/pm- ... p-5723186/
Many more, read the whole thing. He takes IE to cleaners.
Yes sivab ji, its a must read .
NaMo goes indepth & indetail while pulling no punches .
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

hanumadu wrote:After starving the press for 5 years, Modi is on an interview spree. What gives? Usually there is a lot of thought on what ever he does, but most won't figure it out until later.
why is he starving the press

the very nasty press that has been extremely adversarial and partisan right from the days when he was GJ CM

the press seeks to set the agenda for him but like modi said right from day one, he will not allow them to do so

the press needs unhindered access to all govt officials and departments because this is where their rozi roti actually comes from and the presstitutes with such access are used by various people to cut deals with baboo(n)s and bribe their way to favorable rulings using such presstitutes as cutouts and avoid blowback if things go pearshaped. this is not the definition of press freedom anywhere in the world.

in terms of freedom, the press already writes what they want, warranted or unwarranted, with or without proof, mostly without. the tv shows are full every day with urban naxals, "intellectuals" and other scum/dregs of society who have been hit very badly right in their stomach (जो उनके पेट में बहुत बुरी तरह से मारा गया है) openly abusive of their bête noire, the RSS, and accusing modi of all kinds of dark deeds. this is press freedom but in a very irresponsible way.

the actual grouse is that these urban naxals, "intellectuals" and other scum/dregs of society have been rudely dethroned from their hitherto entitled and self assumed exalted status in society and have been reduced to mere cyphers after the advent of the social media. they are no longer the "opinion makers" they once claimed to be.

things will go back to the usual normal programming after the elections. He is just using them to further his own electoral agenda, a welcome role reversal of the usual state of affairs.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Manish_Sharma wrote:^ jagan family takes orders from evangelical powers, if they directed him to join with familia he has to submit
aren't they protestant/catholic pasand and hence somewhat adversarial and antagonistic, with each keen on fostering their own tribal constituencies at the cost of the other
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

chetak wrote:
Manish_Sharma wrote:^ jagan family takes orders from evangelical powers, if they directed him to join with familia he has to submit
aren't they protestant/catholic pasand and hence somewhat adversarial and antagonistic, with each keen on fostering their own tribal constituencies at the cost of the other
Not until Hindus are there, when Hindus are obliterated than they go for each other's throats
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

"People of the book" take precedence. They way Shias and Sunnis can come together to pass a resolution on Kashmir.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Ardeshir wrote:"People of the book" take precedence. They way Shias and Sunnis can come together to pass a resolution on Kashmir.
Or the way as SinghaJi posted above, the casting of votes on whether Punjab (also in the case of Sindh) should be a part of India or Pakistan.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

there is an article in TOI today that entire mumbai water supply is drinkable from tap so long as homes, apartments, chawls take care of their final storage (overhead or underground tank) and pipes on premises. upto there its certified as drinkable.

this is a huge achievement imo for a city the size and complexity of mumbai with 1000s of km of pipes.

bharat badal raha hai...and NDA is driving the change.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

Booth capturing, violence and several deaths reported in WB. Any one placing bets on presidents rule in the next 6 months?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Abhishek
@AbhishBanerj
16h16 hours ago

Joke going viral in Bengal WA

Man: CM has gone mad.

WB police: I am arresting you insulting Mamata.

Man: Why? Did I say Bengal CM? I may have been talking about any CM.

WB Police (slaps the man): Don't try to fool the police. You think we don't know which CM has gone mad?
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

How come ECI are so silent on reports of malpractices, violence on all poll phases emerging from WB? Are they OK with people being denied their chance to participate in the democracy?
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Interesting set of articles dug up from their archives and published by TNIE. So the INS Viraat and Lakshadweep extravaganza was not a one-off, not by far. Note the mention of a Naval officer who questioned letting foreigners within a Naval facility in the Andamans and subsequently (had been made to?) resigned. Similarly getting a 100+ foreign scientists to attend the inauguration of the Kalpakkam nuclear facility, all at govt expense. Not to mention the supposed austerity measures instituted by RaGa senior. Tons of dirt, all for the taking. RaGa junior never expected this when he repeatedly invoked his khandaani creds.

From our archives: Rajiv Gandhi's Lakshadweep holiday; Guess who else was there - TNIE

The then unified-IE was a more nationalist publication and has been very critical of these shenanigans, and the still-more-sensible branch, i.e. the TNIE has seen fit to publish these archives. Whereas total radio silence on the Coupta's Mumbai based (anti-)IE.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Just voted BJP in Gurgaon. The turnout will easily reach 60% minimum.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Singha wrote:there is an article in TOI today that entire mumbai water supply is drinkable from tap so long as homes, apartments, chawls take care of their final storage (overhead or underground tank) and pipes on premises. upto there its certified as drinkable.

this is a huge achievement imo for a city the size and complexity of mumbai with 1000s of km of pipes.

bharat badal raha hai...and NDA is driving the change.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

CRamS wrote:Lilo, I watched that entire interview, and it did appear that ModiJi was considering the opinions of experts on the rain situation, and he did say that in his naive opinion that weather could actually help rather than hinder, and so he took the risk. Not a bad interpretation since weather could affect the ability of radars to detect aircraft, although radar design does take this into account.

Lets wait and see how his haters will spin this. I am pretty sure Sreenivasan Jain, Omar Abdullahs's keep, Burka Bibi, Fey D'Sousza are going to have a field day with some 'experts' on their shows deride and mock ModiJi for this radar stuff. And they will have Congoons like Pawan Khera go berserk on how much of a 'national security risk' ModiJi is re-inventing science and crap like that.
Rain attenuation or weather attenuation, especially X, Ku, Ka bands does matter. He was actually on the dot . Especially A2G radar modes will be affected and also, A2A interceptors like JF17 with short range radar which look through heavy cloud cover. Clutter, plus range drop.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

In FM Manekshaw's words that politicians can't distinguish between mortar from motor, a gun from howitzer, a guerrilla from a gorilla, we have come a long way.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Singha wrote:the near monopoly and do what you please of the indian market by US and chinese internet brands and their proxy running dogs has to be stopped.

for their own safety, china and usa have restricted each others titans. russia keeps a close eye on both.

our sleeping has to end on this
It's not just the biggies, even well funded private entities can manipulate search results ..I am finding more examples almost everywhere..has Google stopped so low ? !!!.. it's not reliable/credible to say the least if your risk is high .. India needs an alternative to Google.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Karthik S wrote:In FM Manekshaw's words that politicians can't distinguish between mortar from motor, a gun from howitzer, a guerrilla from a gorilla, we have come a long way.
+101
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Karthik S wrote:In FM Manekshaw's words that politicians can't distinguish between mortar from motor, a gun from howitzer, a guerrilla from a gorilla, we have come a long way.
The number of idiots who are mocking his commentary is really an eye opener. Indians have truly become a land of the arrogant and the lost. He may have been guessing, but likely extrapolating from what some IAF guy said, and instead he is being mocked by fools who won't spend 2 minutes trying to even see whether he is completely wrong. Shameful.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Please counter the morons mocking Modi. And spread it far and wide. This is what happens for radars looking up or through moisture laden air, including clouds. Opponent interceptors would be affected whereas DRDO Netra being S-Band would have an advantage, and we were jamming the Ground based radars as well.

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... erformance
The relationship among atmospheric visibility, radio frequency and volume reflectivity of advection and radiation fog were analyzed, and the radar detecting range models for targets inside or outside the field of cloud and fog were presented under comprehensive factors such as attenuation, clutter and antenna noise. The detection performances of X-band and Ka-band fire control radars for sea surface and low altitude targets were simulated under the conditions of different elevation angles, atmospheric visibility, medium property, target position as well as reflective cross section (RCS) of radar affected by absorption and scattering of cloud and fog. Results show that the detection range attenuation values are 24.67%, 9.95% and 58.47%, 53.40% respectively when the two fire control radars work in advection fog, of which the atmospheric visibility is 100 m and the antenna elevation is 0.4°. The radars operated in the higher frequency bands are seriously influenced by the fog with more water content.
And general comments on attenuation:
http://www.radartutorial.eu/07.waves/wa ... 7UcmQwmBEs

Mirages using SAR for strikes @ 20-40km range would also have faced issues. The US just completed a R&D program to address this but applications to x-band FCR are not easy.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... fDcu5PP-RA
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

arshyam wrote:Interesting set of articles dug up from their archives and published by TNIE. So the INS Viraat and Lakshadweep extravaganza was not a one-off, not by far. Note the mention of a Naval officer who questioned letting foreigners within a Naval facility in the Andamans and subsequently (had been made to?) resigned. Similarly getting a 100+ foreign scientists to attend the inauguration of the Kalpakkam nuclear facility, all at govt expense. Not to mention the supposed austerity measures instituted by RaGa senior. Tons of dirt, all for the taking. RaGa junior never expected this when he repeatedly invoked his khandaani creds.

From our archives: Rajiv Gandhi's Lakshadweep holiday; Guess who else was there - TNIE

The then unified-IE was a more nationalist publication and has been very critical of these shenanigans, and the still-more-sensible branch, i.e. the TNIE has seen fit to publish these archives. Whereas total radio silence on the Coupta's Mumbai based (anti-)IE.
you seriously overestimated Pappu , i bet he doesn't know what an aircraft carrier is .. hmm that could a very entertaining interview :mrgreen:
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Singha wrote:bharat badal raha hai...and NDA is driving the change.
Another example:
GE2009: IPL shifted to South Africa
GE2014: IPL partially shifted to UAE for duration of election
GE2019: held simultaneously with IPL and ongoing management of Cyclone Fani reconstruction, most destructive cyclone in 20 years.

There are people who ask why GE takes 7 phases over so long. At least, this time they're demonstrating that it permits the rest of the country to work normally. Last two times, they took the same duration, but also pushed out major but unrelated scheduled annual events to make things easier.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Suraj wrote:
Singha wrote:bharat badal raha hai...and NDA is driving the change.
Another example:
GE2009: IPL shifted to South Africa
GE2014: IPL partially shifted to UAE for duration of election

GE2019: held simultaneously with IPL and ongoing management of Cyclone Fani reconstruction, most destructive cyclone in 20 years.

There are people who ask why GE takes 7 phases over so long. At least, this time they're demonstrating that it permits the rest of the country to work normally. Last two times, they took the same duration, but also pushed out major but unrelated scheduled annual events to make things easier.
aren't SA and UAE money as good for the ever acquisitive mafia acolytes

no chance left unmilked, no opportunity too small to forgo. pawarful patels and regional rasputins were beneficiaries.

there is no other reason for doing that and the only involvement is from the local cops. No central forces are used