2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by aylamrin »

CRamS wrote:Lilo, I watched that entire interview, and it did appear that ModiJi was considering the opinions of experts on the rain situation, and he did say that in his naive opinion that weather could actually help rather than hinder, and so he took the risk. Not a bad interpretation since weather could affect the ability of radars to detect aircraft, although radar design does take this into account.

Lets wait and see how his haters will spin this. I am pretty sure Sreenivasan Jain, Omar Abdullahs's keep, Burka Bibi, Fey D'Sousza are going to have a field day with some 'experts' on their shows deride and mock ModiJi for this radar stuff. And they will have Congoons like Pawan Khera go berserk on how much of a 'national security risk' ModiJi is re-inventing science and crap like that.
I think that APG66 and KLJ10 both uses X band radar. Then perhaps, they are affected by rain and the signal gets attenuated by 10-20% by non-precipitating clouds. Pardon, my ignorance if I sound like a fool :-?
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Karan M wrote:
CRamS wrote:Lilo, I watched that entire interview, and it did appear that ModiJi was considering the opinions of experts on the rain situation, and he did say that in his naive opinion that weather could actually help rather than hinder, and so he took the risk. Not a bad interpretation since weather could affect the ability of radars to detect aircraft, although radar design does take this into account.

Lets wait and see how his haters will spin this. I am pretty sure Sreenivasan Jain, Omar Abdullahs's keep, Burka Bibi, Fey D'Sousza are going to have a field day with some 'experts' on their shows deride and mock ModiJi for this radar stuff. And they will have Congoons like Pawan Khera go berserk on how much of a 'national security risk' ModiJi is re-inventing science and crap like that.
Rain attenuation or weather attenuation, especially X, Ku, Ka bands does matter. He was actually on the dot . Especially A2G radar modes will be affected and also, A2A interceptors like JF17 with short range radar which look through heavy cloud cover. Clutter, plus range drop.
This is correct and I'm glad a mod has posted this as I thought I would be in trouble to post it otherwise. :wink:
S and C band are much less affected by precipitation and in heavy precip they can use different polarization to avoid it. This is why having a large scale AWACS is important since the wavelengths of L, S and C bands are in the 30cm to 5cm range. On fighter aircraft, antennas for larger wavelengths are difficult to install and are mostly X band.

Ku band 12-18 GHz
X band 8-12 GHz
C band 4-8 GHz
S band 2-4 GHz
L band 1-2 GHz

Modi is right.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Rain clutter and scattering is very hard to understand, simulate, and counter against. One can't simulate and calibrate against it. Multiple platforms trying to see through it add extra dimension in terms of increased bookkeeping and related logistics especially with foreign bought equipment that you don't have proper handle over. All this has proved is that f the fake journalists can't even Google conops, rain, radar, fighter, etc. as keywords.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Former Lt Commander Harinder Sikka tells us about how INS Viraat along with many other naval warships were used by Late Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi for family vacations, Christmas holidays and other private engagements, with tacit support from top officials in the Navy including Admiral Ramdas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddWwInN ... e=youtu.be

How INS Viraat became Rajiv Gandhi's Private Property?

Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

hanumadu wrote:After starving the press for 5 years, Modi is on an interview spree. What gives? Usually there is a lot of thought on what ever he does, but most won't figure it out until later.
It means his quota is over until next election season in 2024 :lol:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Singha wrote:why do our ill advised bollywood types go to gora peoples fancy dress parties and red carpets?

its not like they lack in parties, adulation and instagram fans here...and dare i say lines of white powder too.

here is the original.

wtf does she think that her fans are all morons and will tolerate crap like this

the idiot looks like a partially plucked chicken who barely managed to escape the tandoor but was foolish to stick around for a photograph.

Last edited by chetak on 12 May 2019 17:56, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Mort Walker wrote:
Karan M wrote: Rain attenuation or weather attenuation, especially X, Ku, Ka bands does matter. He was actually on the dot .
Ku band 12-18 GHz
X band 8-12 GHz
C band 4-8 GHz
S band 2-4 GHz
L band 1-2 GHz
Modi is right.
Thx, but a pooch on the chart which I have deleted. In Ulan Bator the legend is that water absorption is a sharp peak at ~ 10GHz, not 20 as one might think from the graph. Microwave oven works on this principle as I hear: 2.45GHz generates harmonics that resonate around 10GHz.

^^P.S. Re above image: Didn't know Godzilla could wear those pointy shoes.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

Meanwhile in Vadra/Gandhistan...

I bet the excuse will be that he is colour blind and Paraguay's flag is similar to that of India.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

chetak wrote:
Singha wrote:why do our ill advised bollywood types go to gora peoples fancy dress parties and red carpets?

its not like they lack in parties, adulation and instagram fans here...and dare i say lines of white powder too.

here is the original.

wtf does she think that her fans are all morons and will tolerate crap like this

the idiot looks like a partially plucked chicken who barely managed to escape the tandoor but was foolish to stick around for a photograph.

:(( :rotfl:

thats a quite accurate assessment ..who is that male/female ?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

^^^^^^^
@mmasand

seems to be really excited. :wink:

even his hair is standing up

यहां तक ​​कि उसके बाल भी खड़े हैं.

next stop the princess or someone from paraguay
Last edited by chetak on 12 May 2019 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

mmasand wrote:Meanwhile in Vadra/Gandhistan...

I bet the excuse will be that he is colour blind and Paraguay's flag is similar to that of India.
maybe he did vote ..in paraguay :mrgreen:

have to hand it to the Gandis ..
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Low turnout in UP? Let's hope it's MGB voters didn't turn up.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Fess up! Isn't that an evil yindootvadin plot? And here I was going crazy because I was trying to remember which color went where on original INC flag, and why Green was not there: Vadraji is anti-Muslim?
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

chetak wrote:

here is the original.

:rotfl: this pic of her is almost as comical as the one with Kejriwal's picture photo shopped onto her body. .....partially plucked chicken is right.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

UlanBatori wrote:
Fess up! Isn't that an evil yindootvadin plot? And here I was going crazy because I was trying to remember which color went where on original INC flag, and why Green was not there: Vadraji is anti-Muslim?
Shushhh! Green is reserved to replace the DLF monochrome logo. All out flattery...
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

UlanBatori wrote:
actually this is a bit scary. As the father of INC's Prime Ministerial candidates (in 2034) I.e. Rehan Vadra for sure, he should be a bit more careful lest he jinx his son's chances.

Rehan is probably being groomed for his granny's MP seat in Rae Bareilly, people may recall the (nauseating) picture of him accompanying his dad, mom and grandma when Sonia ji filed her nomination papers last month. INC is their personal family party for the post-Rahul generation as well.

THis is da picture. PM candidate for 2034 is to the left ( unless GAndhi-mukt Congress and Congress Mukt-Bharat happens)
https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/ne ... 1136333822

and https://www.indiacontent.in/sonia-gandh ... pr-679984/

Could not inline the pix.

Last edited by SriKumar on 12 May 2019 20:20, edited 1 time in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

anyone of any stature & capability who could take over INC were ousted or passed away

- madhav rao scindia
- PVNR
- sharad pawar
- PA Sangma

what is left is a bunch of lawyers and a bunch of broken down feudals, plus hordes of retainers. by rights it should not have survived at all. but it does.
Capt Amarinder is about the only leader of stature left.

its a mysterious ecosystem whose real backers remain elusive to pin down.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Not Rehan. Bit's Raihan
http://www.fakingnews.com/politics/kejr ... ions-29699

Meaning of the name from https://www.babycenter.com/baby-names-raihan-490815.htm
What does Raihan mean?
Heaven's flower
Origin Muslim
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

perhaps peeyankas idea was something aztec themed and gorgeous like this.
but execution was very poor

vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

Singha wrote:anyone of any stature & capability who could take over INC were ousted or passed away

- madhav rao scindia
- PVNR
- sharad pawar
- PA Sangma

what is left is a bunch of lawyers and a bunch of broken down feudals, plus hordes of retainers. by rights it should not have survived at all. but it does.

Yes, Singha I am sure Amarinder Singh knows a lot about his stature. His grandfather one Bhupinder Singh until the turn of the last century had a habit of parading "his stature" completely naked before his subjects clad only in his diamond breastplate. The hoi-polloi was supposed to ascertain from this that the "stature" was intact. See one version below.

Stories of the "stature" have been written about by his own Diwan or PM of the erstwhile state of Patiala. His next door neighbor from Kapurthala, is the original Rajeev Gandhi, married a Spanish flamenco dancer, Anita Delgado and brought her back, the famous Spanish Maharani of Kapurthala.
The other bugger: neighbour from Nabha is also no slouch, another big time harami. This Amarinder character was doing a Shashi Tharoor-- Mehr Tarar too, flaunting his "stature".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anita_Delgado

The Brits had their pants on fire. It is a long story. Need to dump all these useless SOB's. Even on BRF I see all this adulation of feudal nincompoops.

https://www.outlookindia.com/magazine/s ... ess/205300
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

:rotfl: did not know the chequered family history. had read about it in freedom at midnight.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Scan of twitter suggests that turnout :
MP vastly exceeded 2014 figure
Delhi and Haryana well below 2014
Bihar, UP and Jharkhand more or less on par
WB slightly below 2014 (81 vs 84 pc)
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

SriKumar wrote:
chetak wrote:

here is the original.

:rotfl: this pic of her is almost as comical as the one with Kejriwal's picture photo shopped onto her body. .....partially plucked chicken is right.
Its not just Kejri . .. :rotfl:

vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

Yes and Madhavrao Scindia the railway minister. His father George Jiwaji Rao Scindia had a toy train constructed that ran around the large ceremonial dining table with Mr. George at the controls. The train was loaded with salt, pepper, brandy etc etc and whomever George did not like he would not stop the train in front of him/her/it, so the poor sod suffered through the dinner. One day though when the Vicereine was visiting the controls froze and the train started around the table at high speeds and eventually derailed, splattering, mayonnaise, Mustard, tartar sauce, assorted condiments and other liqueurs over the guests and the vicereine left in a huff. Now the "Madhav Rao" is credited like Rajeev Gandhi (introducing Kamputer) of kamputerizing the Railways.
Need to get out of the great man syndrome. So that is where Madhav Rao learned all the skills to become railway minister. :rotfl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_fgKvCWj0k
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

Yaar! Even in the family this guy is an Odd man out.

Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

Singha wrote:anyone of any stature & capability who could take over INC were ousted or passed away

- madhav rao scindia
- PVNR
- sharad pawar
- PA Sangma
Rajesh Pilot
Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy

another two big names

Who ever was having potential to be a challenger to Italian Bar Maid, surprisingly died of accidents.

I always find it very very hard to believe that around a dozen of our top ranked nuclear scientists and those few big Congressi leaders just died of accidents !!!!!!
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

vsunder wrote:

- madhav rao scindia
- PVNR
- sharad pawar
- PA Sangma

Yes, Singha I am sure Amarinder Singh knows a lot about his stature. His grandfather one Bhupinder Singh until the turn of the last century had a habit of parading "his stature" completely naked before his subjects clad only in his diamond breastplate. The hoi-polloi was supposed to ascertain from this that the "stature" was intact. See one version below.

Stories of the "stature" have been written about by his own Diwan or PM of the erstwhile state of Patiala. His next door neighbor from Kapurthala, is the original Rajeev Gandhi, married a Spanish flamenco dancer, Anita Delgado and brought her back, the famous Spanish Maharani of Kapurthala.
The other bugger: neighbour from Nabha is also no slouch, another big time harami. This Amarinder character was doing a Shashi Tharoor-- Mehr Tarar too, flaunting his "stature".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anita_Delgado

The Brits had their pants on fire. It is a long story. Need to dump all these useless SOB's. Even on BRF I see all this adulation of feudal nincompoops.

https://www.outlookindia.com/magazine/s ... ess/205300
Just adding on my 2 naya paise to the stories of Kaptaan Saab.

The First Lady of Punjab
The relationship that many Singh supporters had given a “few days” at the onset, has not just lasted over a decade but is now at the point where Aroosa Alam is playing the first lady of Punjab. She is by Amarinder Singh’s side, as indeed her mother was by Yahya Khan’s at a time when Pakistan was even more conservative, braving the criticism and the charge of being from the Pakistani military establishment. The muse and the mentor of an Indian leader in the 21st century.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

kit wrote:
SriKumar wrote: :rotfl: this pic of her is almost as comical as the one with Kejriwal's picture photo shopped onto her body. .....partially plucked chicken is right.
Its not just Kejri . .. :rotfl:

Careful saar. This meme got someone thrown in the slammer in PB
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

wasnt there a kapurthala(?) king who in high summer filled his swimming pool with ice cubes and gently floated in it.
he positioned a bevy of top less ladies around the pool with whisky and cocktails, and once in a while would swim to the shore, to fondle their mammaries and sip whisky before floating away again.

was mentioned in freedom at midnight iirc.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

I have a feeling that in didistan Kamal will not blossom this time. The only way now to preserve the state is now to have President's rule for the next 3 years and heavy handed presence of Central forces with a free hand to shoot to kill any and all TMC members on sight.

That's the only way to bring the situation under control.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

UlanBatori wrote:
Mort Walker wrote:
Thx, but a pooch on the chart which I have deleted. In Ulan Bator the legend is that water absorption is a sharp peak at ~ 10GHz, not 20 as one might think from the graph. Microwave oven works on this principle as I hear: 2.45GHz generates harmonics that resonate around 10GHz.
Here's a link :
Atmospheric Attenuation

Microwave oven uses a magnetron to generate around 2.5 GHz, but the harmonics are very low in power at 10 GHz since they're nearly 4th order. Newer microwaves have become much better as they use a screen mesh (2-3 cm) for filtering. It's been a few years since I measured a microwave oven with a spectrum analyzer, but don't recall much power at that high frequency.
Last edited by ramana on 13 May 2019 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited. ramana
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Karthik S wrote:Low turnout in UP? Let's hope it's MGB voters didn't turn up.
I've not heard anything about that.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

i was in talks with a shadow quad bangal friend who cannot be named

Didi does not just have a army of street level goons but a complete ecosystem of control consisting of goons, planners, spies, paid off or scared police/judiciary/IAS/IPs, relations to various rose valley/sarada types for the financial flows .... the best analogue is how the Medellin and Cali cartels used to "manage" colombia in their heyday.

so BJP just getting more street muscle is not a complete soln and not workable. the problem has to be attacked at multiple levels before TMC can be brought down.

- at the high level the NIA, IT, DRI, CBI has to hunt down and bring to trial the financial masterminds and accountants and make then rat on the kingpins in exchange for some immunity or light sentences. corrupt high officials have to be booked and atleast transferred out of their cozy nests. all the scams have to brought to legal conclusion. nobody is in jail for any of the scams yet.

- at the low level the tripura and western tribal tracts formula of using bajrang dal to lead , followed by some RSS presence. the formerly naxal tracts may have people who returned to mainstream and unafraid of taking on TMC goons unlike middle class soft urban bhadralok

- every incident of murder and violence has to be investigated by central agencies and perpetrators captured and flown to delhi to stand trial. this is similar to how DEA + colombian search bloc used to fly in, throw some dummy leads to evade paid off local cops, capture some kingpin and fly them out, while evading desperate chase and roadblocks by the local cops.

another shadow quad friend was saying:
Mamta di was like Bane
She saw in dark alleys of Kolkata what cpi didn’t
Rise of malsis
bD migrants
And new have nots under the great left gave nice base to build upon

I enclose a wiki excerpt from 'drug cartels' , each level of the system has to be targeted in parallel to bring down the IADS/A2AD
else we will get heavy attrition but not cause any permanent damage.

The basic structure of a drug cartel is as follows: many a time, its the financiers and money launderers who get caught, and agree to indict the bosses in exchange for a new life. the cali cartel "gentlemen of cali" founder brothers got extradited to the usa and locked up for life like this.

Falcons (Spanish: Halcones): Considered as the "eyes and ears" of the streets, the "falcons" are the lowest rank in any drug cartel. They are responsible for supervising and reporting the activities of the police, the military, and rival groups.

Hitmen (Spanish: Sicarios): The armed group within the drug cartel, responsible for carrying out assassinations, kidnappings, thefts, and extortions, operating protection rackets, and defending their plaza (turf) from rival groups and the military.

Lieutenants (Spanish: Teniente): The second highest position in the drug cartel organization, responsible for supervising the hitmen and falcons within their own territory. They are allowed to carry out low-profile murders without permission from their bosses.

Drug lords (Spanish: Capos): The highest position in any drug cartel, responsible for supervising the entire drug industry, appointing territorial leaders, making alliances, and planning high-profile murders

There are other operating groups within the drug cartels. For example, the drug producers and suppliers,although not considered in the basic structure, are critical operators of any drug cartel, along with the financiers and money launderers. In addition, the arms suppliers operate in a completely different circle. and are technically not considered part of the cartel's logistics.
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

Very good analysis. Question is, how to pass on this information to "Senior Management"? (MR, SD, KV, and finally up the chain to where decisions will be taken)

I was thinking if 356 and AFSPA could be used post elections? :-?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I am sure they are will formulate plans for next assembly election.

remember BJP did uproot the Left in tripura. but tripura has lot of tribals while only western tracts of WB have such. and manik sarkar is a saint compared to didi.

a model where WB is split into 3 parts by encouraging the north and west to split is also viable. will contain but not destroy the virus though, the immune system still has to tackle the virus in the leftover WB.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

Kati wrote:May be it's a fake news, but it has been making rounds in WA for the last few days.
A picture shows that Jagan Reddy is chest deep water surrounded by a few Hindu priests.
It says that Jagan has reconverted back to Hindu fold.
Has anyone seen that pic?
Who could be behind this, even if this is fake?

I have seen that PIC and several more over the past few years. My 2 cents is to operate under the assumption that its false news propped up by the TDP mafia to create schism in Jagan's dedicated ROL vote bank. Some folks are claiming that the only reason Modi spared Jagan in past 5 years was in return for his Ghar-Wapasi, which was done via a "secret RSS affiliated Sadhu ceremony in Varanasi".. :rotfl:
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

Singha wrote:I am sure they are will formulate plans for next assembly election.

remember BJP did uproot the Left in tripura. but tripura has lot of tribals while only western tracts of WB have such. and manik sarkar is a saint compared to didi.

a model where WB is split into 3 parts by encouraging the north and west to split is also viable. will contain but not destroy the virus though, the immune system still has to tackle the virus in the leftover WB.
Geographical split could be possible but that would be limited to Gorkha-Pradesh. Splitting the western districts away from West Bengal is neither viable nor desirable, as it would forever halt BJPs progress in WB. It would be compared to 1905 and partition.

The fact Sarkar was a saint as compared to Jihadidi makes it so difficult. She and her ilk are like cockroaches, her ideology/followers breeding at the pace of a German Cockroach. But the task is not impossible. There are 2 pre-requisites:
  1. Intense Hindu consolidation - Bhadralok+Bhadralok - complement and Non-Bengalies
  2. Art 356 with AFSPA
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Kureel on twitter