2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by UlanBatori »

How can lawlessness be Model Code of Conduct? Disappointed in Central Govt and Governor if they allow this. Will they allow the Direct Action sh1ts to start their stuff just because it is Election Time due to MCC? Looks like they DO!!! People should be supported to launch MASSIVE lawsuits to take down the goons. India does not have a "Federal" court system separate from the State one? Aren't there CBI Courts?

Back in days of dinosaurs, there was a story in Malloostan. Inspector Clement the local polis chief, was considered a Big Goon. Used to beat up people right and left for no reason. Then one day there was a quiet man who boarded a bus at the Central Bus Stand. He refused some order from the corrupt bus conductor. The (also corrupt) Polis were called. They took the man to the Polis Station. Clement started the proceedings by slapping the man.

He responded with a punch on the nose that sent Clement rolling to the opposite end of the room, per the legend. Then he pulled out his revolver - and his CBI ID card. Clement was on his knees begging for mercy. Celebrations in the town marketplace when news of this got around. People EXPECT the CBI to come through in such situations to do the "Paritranaya SadhUnam" and especially the other part.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 13 May 2019 07:17, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Which brings me to the WhatsApp joke I got today.
A man in WB said:
The CM is mad!
The WB Polis immediately arrested him for speaking ill of the great. The man pleaded:
I just said The CM. Not our CM, could be any CM!
Whammo! The Polis slapped him.
Don't think you can fool the Polis!
We KNOW which CM is mad!
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Singha wrote:wasnt there a kapurthala(?) king who in high summer filled his swimming pool with ice cubes and gently floated in it.
he positioned a bevy of top less ladies around the pool with whisky and cocktails, and once in a while would swim to the shore, to fondle their mammaries and sip whisky before floating away again.

was mentioned in freedom at midnight iirc.
:rotfl:
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

A question for people familiar with WB landscape. If today TMC is acting as per Left playbook and that the model is flawless how come, TMC still beat the Left in its own game in 2009 parliamentary election and later in 2011 despite the handicap of a hostile central govt back then?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

actually i have read a book by one diwan jarmani dass which is full of salacious details on the royal houses in various parts.

https://archive.org/stream/in.ernet.dli ... s_djvu.txt

Diwan Jarmani Dass born in Punjab in 1895, was a minister in the Indian princely states of Kapurthala and Patiala.
Articulate in Punjabi, Urdu, English and French, he was highly decorated by the Vatican and the Governments of France, Spain, Morocco, Egypt and many other countries. He was also decorated by the Rulers of Kapurthala, Patiala and Bhawalpur States.

Maharaja: The lives, loves and intrigues of the Maharajas of India
by Diwan Jarmani Dass
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

No. Jihadidi is acting per her own playbook. She thinks she is the mistress of the State due to her large majority.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

nandakumar wrote:A question for people familiar with WB landscape. If today TMC is acting as per Left playbook and that the model is flawless how come, TMC still beat the Left in its own game in 2009 parliamentary election and later in 2011 despite the handicap of a hostile central govt back then?
to paraphrase a bengali saying, the ground eroded from right under their feet. The muscle jumped sides seeing the change in wind direction and the left started losing out in the street level fights, which is truthfully where politics is won or lost in bengal.
This is what will also happen to tmc in 2021 if bjp crosses into double digits this time. Remember that before they cleaned up the left in 2011, tmc showed it is an able alternative by taking 18 seats in GE 2009.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

the people were also tired of the Left + no real leader of the Left in WB and Mumtaz didi was there at the right time... so both street fighting and general disenchantment with left helped her climb to power. the central govt was not really hostile to mamata in the sense they thought she was a useful idiot to oust the left and sooner/later she would return to congress fold or atleast be sympathetic towards congress..
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Well CPI was salafi and didi is wahabi that's pretty much about it, the destructive types get attracted to the more virulent strain.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

kit wrote:
Singha wrote:wasnt there a kapurthala(?) king who in high summer filled his swimming pool with ice cubes and gently floated in it.
he positioned a bevy of top less ladies around the pool with whisky and cocktails, and once in a while would swim to the shore, to fondle their mammaries and sip whisky before floating away again.

was mentioned in freedom at midnight iirc.
:rotfl:
Maharaja (JJ) Jagat Jit Singh
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Singha wrote:actually i have read a book by one diwan jarmani dass which is full of salacious details on the royal houses in various parts.

https://archive.org/stream/in.ernet.dli ... s_djvu.txt

Diwan Jarmani Dass born in Punjab in 1895, was a minister in the Indian princely states of Kapurthala and Patiala.
Articulate in Punjabi, Urdu, English and French, he was highly decorated by the Vatican and the Governments of France, Spain, Morocco, Egypt and many other countries. He was also decorated by the Rulers of Kapurthala, Patiala and Bhawalpur States.

Maharaja: The lives, loves and intrigues of the Maharajas of India
by Diwan Jarmani Dass
Not only that, As per the book, Nobles were supposed to bring their wives and consorts for fun filled orgy with everyone doing everyone. The book had all the salacious details.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Ok, this is still the election thread people. Cease and desist, else ramana ji is going to fall on us like a ton of bricks.
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

Could it also be that the average Hindu Bengali is risk averse while the average Bengali muslim when he feels that his religious identity has been challenged as they saw the police firing in Nandigram in a manner far more than Singur. If Singur firing was secular, the Nandigram firing was out and out communal. From that perspective the Nandigram firing was a political disaster for the Left ( I am saying this from hindsight) in the sense that the muslims decided to brave goondagiri of the Left and voted for the TMC because they always rally to the cry 'Islam Khatrey mein hai' slogan. Once the TMC demonstrated that they are an alternative as demonstrated from the election results of 2009, the Hindus too voted for TMC in 2011. The TMC won and after that the syndicate gangs shifted loyalties. It was game over for the Left. Now will 2019 election provide the proof for risk averse hindus to brave the TMC muscle power in 2022?
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

manjgu wrote:the people were also tired of the Left + no real leader of the Left in WB and Mumtaz didi was there at the right time... so both street fighting and general disenchantment with left helped her climb to power. the central govt was not really hostile to mamata in the sense they thought she was a useful idiot to oust the left and sooner/later she would return to congress fold or atleast be sympathetic towards congress..
You are perhaps right. Mamta never really had no quarrel with Cong national leadership. Her problem was with local leadership. So Sonia could have seen her as useful in cutting the Left to size.
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

UlanBatori wrote:Kakkaji: Just an exploration, pls don't use the flamethrower. I believe that India's huge mistake has been to say this:
under current law, no state can be divided without the consent (by vote) of the state assembly and then by central parliament
The goons :rotfl: at this. In J&K they ignored these sorts of "laws" and simply drove the peaceful law-abiding and literate people out, leaving only the pliable human One Community.

I have a different remedy: tear a leaf out of the Goon Book. Basically, invade WB from Bihar and any other states. Make some neighborhoods fearsome for WB Polis, by making clear that the CRPF (and RR/ Sikh Regiment) are one phone call away. Expand. Welcome migrants from the still-terrorized parts of WB. Keep it up until the state's political power is won over, and then extend the liberated zone all the way to the BD border. Yes, grant citizenship to deserving BD migrants, blatant preference to people who had to leave due to persecution rather than just economics. Deport others - encourage them to create liberated zones in BD. I'll stop the process there, I have nothing against BD becoming a prosperous and civilized place that welcomes all peaceful, law-abiding citizens and returning refugees.

But the first step is the Liberated Zone on the Bihar border, where the WB Polis have to be asked to keep their distance - or else.
Yes this EXACTLY, what is needed ... How to pass this on to where it matters ?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

did siddharth shankar ray use ruthless extra judicial methods with support from Indira gandhi to break the back of the naxals in WB?

someone from that era needs to educate us.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

FWIW, summary from Dr. BB's latest analysis. BJP has solid leads in 250+ seats and moderate/weak leads in 30+ seats. Another 25 or so seats are tossups. These numbers are based on bolling data from 6 phases + bre-boll data from phase 7. He thinks this brojection is conservative and BJP may cross the 300 mark on its own.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

If opposition had kept quiet about Modi Jabs and not reacted to them, They had a better chance of giving BJP run for its money but some genius strategist decided that they would respond back to everything that Modi says and that too in most vile and insulting terms turned lot many not-so-interested people into Modi supporters who went out and voted for Lotus. Someone should have understood that you can't beat Modi Ji on setting the narrative so stay focused on lack of Jobs and Poverty and 72K slogan and hope for traction. To take analogy form IT world, You can't beat TCS/INFY/CTS/Wipro on cost & resources, so play up something else to win the bid. But instead they went to Rafale and 'My' Army and Lynching and communal violence and personal attacks on the PM.
Well the blowback was just waiting around the corner to happen.

Otherwise How many knew or cared about INS Virat as Taxi or Rajiv Gandhi in this elections. Like Lemurs the opposition and its vicious Hindu hating MSM supporters & Journalists simply walked into the literal minefield and brought back all the stories of Poverty, corruption, '84 violence , Foreign influence and loot of the nation. There is discussion on RG but no word on MMS anymore as 2004-2014 never happened. The whole conversation shifted to 84-89 period with Mr. Clean taken to cleaners. Now instead of accusing Modi Ji of failing on many fronts, Opposition is busy defending the name of Rajiv.

Imagine Sadhvi Pragya's nomination from Bhopal ignored by Media, would have give fighting chance to Diggy (with 26% Muslim vote in the kitty), but they had to humiliate a Hindu Sadhvi as soon as she filed her papers. Now Diggy can go on Kaveri Yatra for next 5 years along with his Computer Baba.

PS: I expect KA and MP govt to fall before Durga Pooja.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

found the real ref on HH Bhupinder Singh. https://www.scoopwhoop.com/Bhupinder-Si ... .ic7gon2x3
he is said to have sired no less than 88 children from around 350 concubines.
definitely a man of singular capabilities.

I vaguely recall one of his palaces is now a heritage hotel.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Singha wrote:did siddharth shankar ray use ruthless extra judicial methods with support from Indira gandhi to break the back of the naxals in WB?

While in power, Ray was criticised by opponents for crushing the Naxalite movement in West Bengal with an iron hand — police highhandedness, torture and encounter deaths allegedly marked his tenure as chief minister. He will also be remembered for ruthlessly implementing Emergency declared by then prime minister Indira Gandhi.
A Nandy
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by A Nandy »

The fight between thugbandhan and PM Modi looks more and more like the last scene in Gladiator:
kedariprasad
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kedariprasad »

chetak wrote:Image
Just a reminder to Congress ka KHUNI panja. In 1948 around 5000 brahmins were killed in Maharashtra after Gandhiji's murder.
sajo
BRFite

Post by sajo »

I was listening in to the chatter of some "Guntha Mantris" (Fortuner, Gold Chain types) at the corner chai-wallah last week, and it was clear that their loyalties lay with Maharashtra's Pawarbrokers. This, inspite of one of them being a sitting BJP Corporator. Pune was firmly in the BJP Camp, while Maval looked like quite a battle between the Pawars and Shiv Sena, as per them. Overall, the sentiment amongst them seemed that BJP in MH is not quite with the Marathas.
*Holding on to Dhoti to stop undue shivering*
kedariprasad wrote: Just a reminder to Congress ka KHUNI panja. In 1948 around 5000 brahmins were killed in Maharashtra after Gandhiji's murder.
I have heard first hand accounts of this, with many prominent names from the Sangli-Kolhapur belt being involved.
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

Singha wrote:did siddharth shankar ray use ruthless extra judicial methods with support from Indira gandhi to break the back of the naxals in WB?

This thread has lost focus. But since you asked and I remember very well, I will make a few comments. Bengal when I went to IIT Kharagpur was in serious turmoil in 1970. Bandhs, Naxal movements and also murders. I recall an incident when a large armed gang blocked the IIT gate with axes, swords etc and threatened any student to cross the picket line. The GSec cultural guy one Sikh JS Bhogal took umbrage and lead a bunch of students with hockey sticks and beat up some Naxalites having a meeting in the forest. For this Bhogal had to be transferred to IIT Delhi as there was a bounty on his head.

Now coming back to SS Ray. No the way it happened was that Mrs Gandhi basically told Manekshaw to bust the Naxalites and demanded that the Army be deployed to ensure the elections were held peacefully. Govind Narain the Home secy and Manekshaw paid a visit to Gen JFR Jacob at Fort William and basically told him to finish off he Naxalites. Jacob demanded a written order, at which Manekshaw said "You will bloody well do it, no written order is forthcoming".
I think Jacob said that there were enough troops in North Bengal, but wanted
two divisions for the rest of Bengal. Manekshaw said "Done deal, I will give you the two divisions and also 50 Para Brigade, but I want results and soon". Manekshaw then said "Jake I have full confidence in you, inform Arora". All this transpired when JS Arora was out of Fort William and Manekshaw apparently did not have much faith in Arora. JFR Jacob got 9 Infantry Division, and 4 Mountain div. and 50 Para brigade. Together with GOC 33 Corps located in North Bengal and HQ Bengal area located in Ft. William deployment and operational plans were made and carried out to root Naxals and deploy the army at the polling booths. It is only AFTER this that SS Ray and a Congress Govt. took over and provided a stable base of operations in the Bangladesh war that followed.
In this I have relied on what I have read is Jacob's recounting of the events. The Army was there when the polls took place, one saw the convoys, what the Army did against the Naxalites, I do not think there has been an accurate recounting, but they did go in and were brutal and broke the back.
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

vsunder wrote:

This thread has lost focus. But since you asked and I remember very well, I will make a few comments. Bengal when I went to IIT Kharagpur was in serious turmoil in 1970. Bandhs, Naxal movements and also murders. I recall an incident when a large armed gang blocked the IIT gate with axes, swords etc and threatened any student to cross the picket line. The GSec cultural guy one Sikh JS Bhogal took umbrage and lead a bunch of students with hockey sticks and beat up some Naxalites having a meeting in the forest. For this Bhogal had to be transferred to IIT Delhi as there was a bounty on his head.

Now coming back to SS Ray. No the way it happened was that Mrs Gandhi basically told Manekshaw to bust the Naxalites and demanded that the Army be deployed to ensure the elections were held peacefully. Govind Narain the Home secy and Manekshaw paid a visit to Gen JFR Jacob at Fort William and basically told him to finish off he Naxalites. Jacob demanded a written order, at which Manekshaw said "You will bloody well do it, no written order is forthcoming".
I think Jacob said that there were enough troops in North Bengal, but wanted
two divisions for the rest of Bengal. Manekshaw said "Done deal, I will give you the two divisions and also 50 Para Brigade, but I want results and soon". Manekshaw then said "Jake I have full confidence in you, inform Arora". All this transpired when JS Arora was out of Fort William and Manekshaw apparently did not have much faith in Arora. JFR Jacob got 9 Infantry Division, and 4 Mountain div. and 50 Para brigade. Together with GOC 33 Corps located in North Bengal and HQ Bengal area located in Ft. William deployment and operational plans were made and carried out to root Naxals and deploy the army at the polling booths. It is only AFTER this that SS Ray and a Congress Govt. took over and provided a stable base of operations in the Bangladesh war that followed.
In this I have relied on what I have read is Jacob's recounting of the events. The Army was there when the polls took place, one saw the convoys, what the Army did against the Naxalites, I do not think there has been an accurate recounting, but they did go in and were brutal and broke the back.
These vermins need something similar. Only thing is that they are in power. (Elected democratically :D ). And they are controlling all the levers of the state machinery. Need some huge and strong spanners that could be launched into the heart of this machine.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

I was a fresh graduate in architecture and the firm I worked for had designed and were managing the construction of an apt building with 140 clients.

2 of the clients, both attorneys, were extremely difficult to get hold of. We needed their input for any modifications to interiors and their spouses who wanted mods needed the husbands around to get finances approved.

Within a few days of the emergency we found both the guys to be very, very easily available. Turns out they both represented naxals/commies and lost pretty much their entire client base within a week or less. Phoof.

Btw, this was in Bombay.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

with a week to kill before next phase of polls and fertile creative minds boiling over with curiosity, energy and hunger to learn, lets use this interval to educate ourselves about such dark episodes like the massacre of punekar brahmans , swept under the rug in the pre internet era.

these nuggets are what lead to self exploration and future knalege.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Yes, Yes, and Yes.
S S Ray was given a free hand to exterminate urban naxals. Thousands of Cal Univ, Jadavpur U, and Presidency College (now Univ) were rounded up, taken to Kolkata Maidan (the sprawling open green space next to the race course and Fort William) in early morning,
told to run,... and they ran, and police fired from the back...... then molten asphalt was poured on their face to disfigure so that even their own mothers couldn't recognize them.... and then the bodies were dumped in Ganga at various places..... In pretty much two years things calmed down....

Those with connections ran in two directions - out of the state, and the US consulate. It was said that the US consulate was too busy to issue them visa / travel documents. Uncle was too happy to co-opt many of these naxals, and help them settle in the mid-Atlantic big cities. They provided valuable info about the not so violent intelligentia who were sympathetic to Viet-Congs and were writing fire hot poems and articles against the US bombing of Vietnam. ..... Prominent bong literary figures were then induced with money & honey to change their mood overnight .... That's another story for another day.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

nandakumar wrote:Could it also be that the average Hindu Bengali is risk averse while the average Bengali muslim when he feels that his religious identity has been challenged as they saw the police firing in Nandigram in a manner far more than Singur. If Singur firing was secular, the Nandigram firing was out and out communal. From that perspective the Nandigram firing was a political disaster for the Left ( I am saying this from hindsight) in the sense that the muslims decided to brave goondagiri of the Left and voted for the TMC because they always rally to the cry 'Islam Khatrey mein hai' slogan. Once the TMC demonstrated that they are an alternative as demonstrated from the election results of 2009, the Hindus too voted for TMC in 2011. The TMC won and after that the syndicate gangs shifted loyalties. It was game over for the Left. Now will 2019 election provide the proof for risk averse hindus to brave the TMC muscle power in 2022?
Mamata Begum's foray in Singur (opposition to TATA factory) was a veg affair. Didn't cause much political upheaval, but certainly warmed up the air. She found a cause to rally around her troops. ...As such people were fed up with the LF, especially CPM. Every
neighborhood was under the defacto rule of the local CPM committee. You needed a ration card? Approach the local committee secretary. You needed a police clearance for passport? No point in approaching the local PS, first it had to be vetted by the local committee. so on and so forth. It is said that the last time CPM/LF won the state election with a true popular mandate was in 1982. After that it was rampant rigging, booth capturing, intimidation, and what not. (In the mean time, LF allowed lakhs of illegal B'deshi
peacefuls settle near Kolkata central, Kolkata north... (first hand experience).
Anyway, from early 2000 LF was running out of steam and vocabulary. People were getting truly restless due to stagnant economy, rising unemployment, and even the cadres were making ample noise. So something had to be done. When Indonesian Salim group approached to create a hub at Nandigram, - it was a golden fruit dropped from the heaven. But Nandigram is an area with 50% peacefuls. So when 13 (or 14) people got killed in police firing, all hell broke loose. .... It just needed half of the peacefuls migrate to mamata Begum to make her victorious. ... Another two small, but long drawn matters already made the state minority population
start questioning the sincerity of the LF/CPM: Sachar Committee report, and Rizwan murder (or suicide, as claimed by the police) case....

The moment wind started shifting, the Goonda force of CPM/LF suddenly shifted its allegiance to Mamata Begum. The rest became a cake walk for her.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Thousands of high status lads killed on maidan really?

I am willing to believe low 100s
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

So with one phase left, GE2019 looks almost certain to exceed the total turnout percentage of GE2014, amounting to ~65 million more people having voted.

Off the top of my head, GE2014 had a registered electorate of ~810 million and 66.4% turnout, for ~536 million votes. GE2019 has a ~900 million electorate, and at the current 67% turnout so far, that's ~603 million total votes likely.

Twitter analysis by Ash_Rockzz of Prannoy's casteist interview in UP:
Watched Prannoy Roy’s UP analysis now. Some key points:
- BJP has more than 50% support in 18-23 age group of all castes.
- BJP has more women supporters than they had in 2014.
- MGB is doing 85% vote transfer only.
-Cong is ruining MGB chances on several seats.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

India's first terrorist is a Hindu : Kamal Hassan campaigning in a Muslim neighbourhood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b7YBLumqE4
kedariprasad
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kedariprasad »

Lilo wrote:
India's first terrorist is a Hindu : Kamal Hassan campaigning in a Muslim neighbourhood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b7YBLumqE4
Does he purposefully not know who killed Swami Shraddhanand? On 23 December 1926 Swami Shraddhanand was assassinated by a Muslim named Abdul Rashid.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Do you really expect Kamal to know anything about anything? He is an wannabe Urban Naxal who will become one for sometime after his defeat in this election and go back to making movies after that.
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

I bet he despises his first name like nothing else, and will leave no stone unturned to prove his Naxal credentials. But like many movie stars, if he choses to spice up his name to a more Bollywood friendly version as "Kaamaal Hasaan", then he can earn some Lib-tard brownie points.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

Lt Gen Panag is the news again for the wrong reasons, endorses a tweet calling for a revolution/coup if BJP retains LS.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Regarding Kamal Hassan's statement calling Hindus the "first terrorists" of Independent India,

The "first terrorists of independent India" were those who planned the ethnic cleansing of Hindus & Sikhs at the time of partition via various Direct Action days & the associated mass massacres & rapes & those who tried to remove every last vestige of resistance in the Hindus/Sikhs by counselling "every last one of you must die for peace" - Duratma Gandhi was the best example of latter.
He was suggesting that Sikh & Hindu women lie down and bite the tongue as a muslim rapes her in her death.
He did the same with Noakhali genocide in East Bengal.
He did the same asked about Jewish genocide in WWII.
He did the same thing during Moplah rape & massacres of Hindus 20 years back.

Glimpses of Duratma Gandhi in operation as quoted in Freedom at Midnight by Larry Collins and Dominique Lapierre amongst others.
‘Tell us, O apostle of non-violence,
screamed the inhabitants of one, ‘how are we to exist? You
tell us to give up our arms, but in the Punjab the Moslems
kill Hindus at sight. Do you want us to be butchered like
sheep?’

‘If all the Punjabis were to die to the last man without
killing,’ Gandhi replied, ‘the Punjab would become immortal.’

As he had counselled the Ethiopians, the Jews, the Czechs and
the British, so he now counselled his enraged Hindu
countrymen: ‘Offer yourselves as non-violent, willing sac-
rifices.’

https://archive.org/stream/FreedomAtMid ... t_djvu.txt
In a
subsequent letter to Sumangal Prakash, he favoured suicide for
raped women
:
Personally I believe that if a woman has courage, [she] would be
ready to die to save her honour. In discussing this with women,
I would, therefore, certainly advise them to kill themselves in
such circumstances and explain to them that it was easy to take
one's life if one wished to do so.
(CWMG vol. 56 : 67)

Such views are also expressed in his response to the mass suicides
cited at the beginning of this article, and in his advice to women
raped in the Noakhali riots of 1946, whom he advised to commit
suicide by poison or some other means to avoid dishonour ... to
suffocate themselves or to bite their tongues to end their lives
(CWMG vol. 92: 355), or that women must learn how to die before
a hair of their head could be injured
(ibid.: 344).
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/do ... 1&type=pdf
In the 6th July, 1926, edition of the Navajivan, Gandhi wrote
that He would kiss the feet of the (Muslim) violator of the modesty
of a sister (Mahatma Gandhi, D Keer, Popular Prakashan, p-473)
. Just
before the partition, both Hindu and Sikh women were being raped by
the Muslims in large numbers. Gandhi advised them that if a Muslim
expressed his desire to rape a Hindu or a Sikh lady, she should never
refuse him but cooperate with him. She should lie down like a dead
with her tongue in between her teeth. Thus the rapist Muslim will be
satisfied soon and sooner he leave her. (D Lapierre and L Collins,
Freedom at Midnight, Vikas, 1997, p-479)."
"A few months before the partition, when Hindu and Sikh refugees
started to come from West Punjab in droves and crowding the refugee
camps of Delhi, one day Gandhi visited a refugee camp and said,
Hindus should never be angry against the Muslims even if the latter
might make up their minds to undo their (Hindus’) existence. If they
put all of us to the sword, we should court death bravely. … We are
destined to be born and die, then why need we feel gloomy over it?”
(speech delivered on April 6, 1947).

In a similar occasion he said, “The few gentlemen from Rawalpindi who
called upon me, asked me, “What about those who still remain in
Pakistan?” I asked, why they all came here (Delhi)? Why they did not
die there? I still hold on to the belief that we should stick to the
place where we happen to live, even if we are cruelly treated, and
even killed. Let us die if the people kill us, but we should die
bravely with the name of God on our tongue.”
He also said, “Even if
our men are killed, why should we feel angry with anybody? You should
realize that even if they are killed, they have had a good and proper
end” (speech delivered on November 23, 1947)
Last edited by Lilo on 13 May 2019 16:04, edited 4 times in total.
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

mmasand wrote:Lt Gen Panag is the news again for the wrong reasons, endorses a tweet calling for a revolution/coup if BJP retains LS.
Isn't this man Gul Panag's (AAP-turd) father? If it is so, then what more could be expected from B(AAP)-Beti ? :D
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

^ Chootiya's daru quota needs to be stopped the moron will fall in line . Inki itni hi aukaat hai.