2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by suryag »

Ramana Garu is this Munshi the same as the Munshi who died a vegetable ? If thats the case karma did pay back although late
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Ramana garu, the extent of rigging is clearly seen in the poll percentages. I agree Kolkata is full of bhadraloks and politically aware people but rural areas where people sell babies for 500 Rs registering 80% polling is clear signs of rigging/booth capturing vaghera vaghera this rigging will save her this time but will not during the assembly elections.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

vsunder wrote:I find very little on the Internet about that time even on this incident.
Boss, as this thread has demonstrated, there are many past skeletons that have not been properly revealed . The kar sevak killing in 1990, the massacre of sadhus in the mid 1960s, the terrible stampede at the first post independence Kumbh in 1954. I know there was nothing in the NCERT textbooks about the 1966 Aizawl bombings by IAF - the only time the IAF was used to bomb someplace within India (not counting Tiger Hill).

Like Singha argued earlier, all these need to be out, in very heavily documented form, detailed with interviews of people, video, photos, whatever. INC didn't just rule for 60 years - there were an enormous number of atrocities that are basically unknown to the public at large because they've been meticulously purged from public memory. No one mentions them.

Maybe it's my own references, but I can't remember a single article during the 2013 Kumbh stampede referring to the 1954 one. Maybe I was too young then or the video and stories just didn't circulate much in south India, but my response to learning about the 1990 kar sevak killing was 'what kar sevak killing ?' Number of times that event gets mentioned in stories about Dec 6 1992: zero.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

ramanaji:

Sorry to say this, but you have some of your facts wrong

Rabindra Sarovar was a CPM crime, not Congress’

Do not be so quick to cast SS Ray as a villain. His legacy is mixed. As someone who lived through those days of violence, I will always thank him (and Ranjit Gupta - look him up on Wikipedia) for ridding Kolkata of the Naxalite menace. Can’t say much more on open forum

And, to my knowledge, Mamata was not a protégée of SS Ray
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ramana wrote:
Folks don't walk into HS Panag's land mine.
He wants to bring a divide between NaMo supporters and the military.
Coupta gang is using him to lay this land mine.

Being ex-military is not relevant to this issue.
Same with L. Ramdas.
Their views are regardless of their military service.

ramana ji,

both ramdas and panag are not well regarded in the community and the larger fraternity.

they have no credible supporters who would add heft to their words or weight to their opinions.

both are bedraggled, motheaten lone rangers mounted on borrowed flea bitten nags, with nary a tonto in sight.

in whatsapp groups, namak haram is the word most commonly used and also, perhaps, the most polite.
Last edited by chetak on 15 May 2019 02:29, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Sorry, I think the quick IAF raid saved decades of violence and grief. In 1966 Vietnam War was in full swing. The MNF started the war in Mizoram. A panicked govt. with very little resources after 1965 war, had no alternative. The "PPV" described thereafter was also a desperate measure, but I cannot see any alternatives available.
I wish GOI in 2002 had the guts to cordon off Godhra and execute every twerp who participated in the train-burning mob: it would have stopped what came later.

And gone after the EJs and Marxists who caused all these, before they destroyed Odisha, Chattisgarh, WB, much of Bihar, and Jharkhand. Maybe the example would have convinced Malloos to throw out the CPM as well.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

As for Ramdoss, I am soooo happy to see him represented in the constellation of turkeys still.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

suryag wrote:Ramana Garu is this Munshi the same as the Munshi who died a vegetable ? If thats the case karma did pay back although late

Same scumbag who died as he should.

Al those women's curses must have gotten to him.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

UlanBatori wrote:Sorry, I think the quick IAF raid saved decades of violence and grief.
You have me wrong. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm saying that something good was done then, in comparison to a contemporary situation (Balakot) where a section of people run around like headless chickens asking for 'proof'. Contemporary political discourse has been sufficiently dumbed down that people do not realize what kind of ugly actions have to sometimes be taken in the question of a greater good. The history of such actions is so poorly distorted or just completely invisible, is what my contention is.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Kakkaji I am ready to be corrected.
Thanks for correcting me.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

For that matter, even the LWE issues weren't there in our school books either. Heck none of the stuff post-independence was.
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

Karpatri Swami one of the eminent leader of the Gau Rakshak andolan was not any figure. He was a very well known philosopher in his own right and an authority on Saivism. Just like Swami Lakshman Joo is considered the last in a distinguished line of Kashmir Saivism.
Karpatri Swami was the guru of Alain Danielou, the French musicologist who was initiated into Saivism by Karpatri swami. Danielou has translated many works of Karpatri Swami. There is also a youtube video of Karpatri swami doing some basic Hatha yoga exercises.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alain_Dani%C3%A9lou

Karpatri Swami had met Indira G. where she had assured him that the Govt would take steps to enforce some form of cow slaughter. The andolan was decided on when the Govt. did not do anything. At Parliament house things got out of hand. Some say some Arya samajis instigated people to climb over the picket lines and police cordon and into the precincts of Parliament house. That there were Naga sadhus with tridents etc of that there is no doubt. These were splashed in the newspapers with images of people cowering with tear gas and so on. I remember reading the ToI account then. At some point bullets were fired. The country seemed to be coming apart. Gulzarilal Nanda as the Home minister was used as the fall guy and took responsibility and resigned. This Nanda was always the temporary prime minister. Once when Nehru died for a month to 15 days and again a few months before this tragic episode when Shastri passed away when Nanda was prime minister for 15 days in 1966.

PS: Danielou if I am correct is the first one who did some translation of the Sipladdhikaram(Kannagi story) into English.
Last edited by vsunder on 15 May 2019 02:46, edited 1 time in total.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

haiyyo intha vsunder tholla thaanga mudila pa(this vsunder's trouble cannot be tolerated anymore :)), how much history do you know :( railway platform to political platform what breadth and on top a mathematician whom very few can understand(tried reading the math thread and ended up with a complex :()
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

There is no mention of the stadium rape case anywhere on internet. For youngistan crowd it is folklore same as yeti. That's how strong the eco system is.

Some one present at that time should blog these as link able reference; even if anonymously from outside India to avoid any reprisal.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

The problem is post-independence history is not taught in schools at all, at least it wasn't when I was in school. When they don't even teach us about 1965 and 71 wars what do you think is going to be the general awareness of these incidents which seem to have passed out of collective memory? I remember learning about freedom struggle multiple times in different years - same shit repeated over and over. But history apparently stops the moment India gains independence.
Y I Patel
BRFite

Post by Y I Patel »

Up to early 60s Congress was a genuine political organization with a solid second tier of potential successors to Bandit. Then, when he was at his most vulnerable in 63, he unleashed the Kamaraj plan to kneecap potential replacement PMs - the biggest victims were social and financial conservatives like Morarji Desai and Chavhan. Shastriji was regarded as a straight shooter and too much of a team player to be a long term threat. On his demise, a “syndicate” of regional leaders, again led by Kamaraj, maneuvered to get Indira as PM in Morarji’s place.

If you think the courtiers were targeting Modi in 2000’s, that dirty tricks playbook was first used on Morarji Desai because he was the biggest threat to Indira. Including spreading canards about him being an American spy and all the other things you have heard about him. Reality is that Morarji Bhai is regarded at least in Gujarat as one of the tallest political leaders of his generation. He is also the reason why a national alternative to congress found a sympathetic home in Gujarat as opposed to some regional party.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Suraj wrote:
UlanBatori wrote:Sorry, I think the quick IAF raid saved decades of violence and grief.
You have me wrong. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm saying that something good was done then, in comparison to a contemporary situation (Balakot) where a section of people run around like headless chickens asking for 'proof'. Contemporary political discourse has been sufficiently dumbed down that people do not realize what kind of ugly actions have to sometimes be taken in the question of a greater good. The history of such actions is so poorly distorted or just completely invisible, is what my contention is.
That I completely agree. It has always surprised me that the liberation of Goa is **NOT** cast as a Hindoo invasion and genocide against peaceful Portuguese Civilized Society in the NCERT textbooks (why? because it was ordered by JN?). It was widely condemned by "shocked" western nations, again surprised that NATO didn't bomb "Bomb-bay" and Delhi then. The kind and gentle Portuguese didn't get their asses kicked out of Angola until 20+ years later, after a bitter war with western mischief on the side of the Portuguese, remember. But for the swift liberation action then, this is what would have happened to western India. Same as with Mizoram: It was a chinese / EJ invasion in the making. Still is, come to think of it, but now the people are (at least mostly) proud Indians, whatever their other religious/political preferences. In 1966 there was no such security: it was 4 years after the aborted Chinese invasion, where the Chinese fled as the winter snows threatened to cut off their supplies, and the IAF was gearing to pulverize them (the other mis-represented history lesson, which is cast as a Chinese "victory" over India, ignoring their 150,000 dead in crossing Tibet and Himalayas twice).

Sorry OT. Back to RaGa praising. Modi/BJP will lose onlee :((
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

ramana wrote:
aylamrin wrote:
Saar, how many "reports" does it take for Twitter to suspend an account? Can this be achieved?
Talk to Jai Menon.

You need to report the offensive post with a description of the offensive content.
And Twitter replies to you if they launched an inquiry.
I have reported numerous handles, so far, I have not received a single case when I reported a bad tweet and they didnt take action. You have to pick the right tweets though.. Something that is inciting violence, glorifying violence is almost always taken action on. Racism is also taken action on. There are people who know how to be just within the boundaries of twitter rules though.. and they will constantly needle without explicit violation of rules.

Twitter as a platform has problems. They need to be answerable to our parliament and our laws.. They need to be clear whether they are a platform or a content provider.

But you cant come here to whine if you havent reported a single objectionable account.. Do it often. Action is indeed taken.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

My reports usually invite a response acknowledging that the tweet I reported did indeed violate Twitter's rules. But that doesn't mean they will go ahead and suspend the account. Their reply does not specify what actual action was taken.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dals3XNFeeM

Dont know how credible this source is, he's predicting Jihadidi's rout:
BJP - 25
TMC - 11
Others - 6
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

I was reading up on the two reserved seats in the Lok Sabha for the Anglo Indian community. It is such an anachronism today. The community is probably under a million strong but has outsized representation. The reserved seats were due to have been phased out in the 1960s , but never were, being periodically renewed. The next renewal is due in 2020, and I hope they're eliminated then.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

They went unfulfilled in the current LS
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

That's not true. There are two current nominated members Richard Hay and George Baker.
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

Suraj wrote:I was reading up on the two reserved seats in the Lok Sabha for the Anglo Indian community. It is such an anachronism today. The community is probably under a million strong but has outsized representation. The reserved seats were due to have been phased out in the 1960s , but never were, being periodically renewed. The next renewal is due in 2020, and I hope they're eliminated then.
I had a couple of classmates who were Anglo Indian and we would joke in our civics class that we have two future RS MPs Among us
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

More on Islamic intolerance in Delhi:

https://youtu.be/iV2jKLMbHoA
https://youtu.be/eA-CsHuaetQ
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Look at the way Mani Shankar Aiyar is treating Journalists.
Almost slapped them. Said eff Off!
But 'Ecosystem Journalists' and Editors Guild will remain silent. HUA TOH HUA

https://twitter.com/iAnkurSingh/status/ ... 6557511681

https://youtu.be/vsNCKy_8I5Q

"Stay still now. Ill turn you into a PM (for MetGala)"

https://twitter.com/official_sank/statu ... 8702501890
Last edited by Lilo on 15 May 2019 11:52, edited 1 time in total.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Oops sorry :oops:
Last edited by Manish_Sharma on 15 May 2019 08:30, edited 1 time in total.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Those are from 2014!
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Suraj wrote: Might sound outrageous, but there are people actually talking of 35-40% voteshare rather than just 30%, and struggling to apply a rigging deflator to what they're seeing in terms of sentiment on ground when converting to seatshare.

Let's assume reality is somewhere in between. What number of LS seats out of 42 is somewhat destabilizing to to Didi ? What amounts to significant risk to her ? What count implies near certain meltdown in the rank and file leading to WB state elections in 2021 ?
Here's a ground situation report. I have been in Kolkata for a week, have talked to numerous neo middle class/lower middle class people. My favourite are taxi drivers, given their wide exposure to people from different strata of society. I never ask whom people vote for but which way wind is blowing. Not one wants tmc to be back, everyone believes Bjp will win and tmc will be decimated. There's an undercurrent of visceral hatred for the tommies that is apparent only when the person starts trusting you.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Hey, Maharani Pumpkinji looks uncannily like her GM, IGji - with a more masculine look. Must have lost weight.
Definitely looks far more PMish than RaGa does. Dangerous opponent: may actually have brains, though why she agreed to get hitched to Einstein Vadraji remains a mystery.

But what's the point of campaigning in Varanasi now? Isn't the poll there over long since? Just trying to poke NaMo?
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

^Some astrologers of Motilal Vohra have made two predictions
1. Huge return of familia to power from 2022 onwards

2. Priyanka's daughter will surpass popularity of indira in her best times ...

That's why Priyanka has taken strategy of BJP'S Smriti Irani working tirelessly in Amethi to oust rahul

Watch next few years Priyanka doing same in Varanasi...

Apparently she's convinced by astro that familia return to UP in 2022 and centre in 2023 is imminent... That's why in 2nd week of April she was seen many times telling UP's congi workers that "....2022 ki tyyari shuru ho gayi hay ..."
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

OmkarC wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dals3XNFeeM

Dont know how credible this source is, he's predicting Jihadidi's rout:
BJP - 25
TMC - 11
Others - 6

In the absence of president's rule. Take it with a truck full of salt.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

same thing happened to the Medellin cartel in colombia.
initially Escobar was seen as a friend of the poor and standing up to corrupt govt and big business. his men went around distributing cash to the poor.
he stood for parliament and even won, but was booed and heckled out of the parliament.

he then started unleashing a reign of terror like killing dozens of police, bombings in public places, assassinations of anyone opposed to him ....

the public mood gradually soured and he was seen as a liability to their normal lives. so in the end one by one his gang were knocked off, and he was constantly on the run from safe house to safe house, his numbers and money dwindling. his partners also abandoned and his cousin who ran the business was killed by the search bloc police unit.

in the end he had one bodyguard when his safehouse was sniffed out by a sigint van and raided. tried to run over the roofs but gunned down.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

if BJP can show some strength in WB, the financial backers of TMC may deftly switch sides, moles will give intel to CBI to prosecute cases in exchange for immunity and witness protection..... it will not take long for her empire to unravel and she will be back where she started from and is good at - street level agitationist and professional protester.
YumKay
BRFite

Post by YumKay »

Dear Saar log,
Pranaam, for you have kept the flame of knowledge alight. I was earlier a member but lost my login and associated email ID. I spent many years lurking and leeching out knowledge from BRF. I am glad to say that I have been able to guide many students towards correct Indian history and the challenges our civilization face.
BRF is indeed doing a yeoman service for rashtra. A special thanks to Ramana Sir and the rest of administration (past and present) for not allowing BRF to be derailed.

I had to write this post as I saw a post regarding a need to bring in young blood. It had never occurred to me till now but I will most certainly try to direct the smart and nationalist minds here for their further education in logic and reason.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Manish_Sharma wrote:^Some astrologers of Motilal Vohra have made two predictions
1. Huge return of familia to power from 2022 onwards

2. Priyanka's daughter will surpass popularity of indira in her best times ...

That's why Priyanka has taken strategy of BJP'S Smriti Irani working tirelessly in Amethi to oust rahul

Watch next few years Priyanka doing same in Varanasi...

Apparently she's convinced by astro that familia return to UP in 2022 and centre in 2023 is imminent... That's why in 2nd week of April she was seen many times telling UP's congi workers that "....2022 ki tyyari shuru ho gayi hay ..."
This was predicted when Priyanka Vadra's daughter was a 12 year old and was seen with #Pappu and #MaunMohan.

If Astrology was so strong, they should have looked at it earlier before launching #Pappu into electoral battlefield. The above is just utter nonsense. Not that I do not believe in Astrology, I am just ambivalent about it.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Apparently BJP leaders including Tejinder Bagga have been arrested in Kolkata last night. This has gone way out of hand.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

And on twitter, I got two maoists ban'ned.
mridulmm
BRFite -Trainee

Post by mridulmm »

UlanBatori wrote:Hey, Maharani Pumpkinji looks uncannily like her GM, IGji - with a more masculine look. Must have lost weight.
Definitely looks far more PMish than RaGa does. Dangerous opponent: may actually have brains, though why she agreed to get hitched to Einstein Vadraji remains a mystery.

But what's the point of campaigning in Varanasi now? Isn't the poll there over long since? Just trying to poke NaMo?
Varanasi goes to polls in the last phase :