2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by chetak »

Mort Walker wrote:
AshishAcharya wrote:https://twitter.com/hello_nitish/status ... 35744?s=20

India today leaks it's exit poll results. It's giving NDA 177 and BJP 120

But I think it's a deliberate and desperate attempt at influencing elections
This is correct. BJP will lose onlee. :(( :(( :((
the BJP foolishly attended a lot of India today conclaves, giving totally unnecessary bhav to this poisonous group.

I have never been able to understand the BJP's obsessive compulsion to hobnob with its vilest enemies. Modi was there too.

when you lie down with dogs you will get up with fleas.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

चौकीदार #GauravPradhan
@DrGPradhan
May 14

Midnight meeting with family, slaves and doot from masters. Italian furious

Election over on May 19th but action begins

Planning

Major disturbance in India
Control SC and flood it with PIL. Choke system. Nothing should work
Take out Modi by any means at the earliest
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Singha wrote:NEW DELHI: Nathuram Godse, the man who assassinated Mahatma Gandhi, "was a deshbhakt (patriot), is a deshbhakt and will remain one," the BJP's Pragya Singh Thakur said today, adding to her growing list of controversial statements.
It may be a co-incidence (and may be OT for this thread), I did see a post in a Malayalam "communal" Facebook group in which the author had given his own apprehensions in RSS or BJP, eulogising a person like Nathuram Godse. His post also had some conspiracy theories involved. As per him;
1. Nathuram Godse may have been once a member of RSS, but then moved away from it. RSS, BJP supporting him now would only give a picture that he was associated with them at the time of the murder. Nathuram Godse was more active in Hindu Maha Sabha; which the "seculars" always try to down play.
2. Nathuram Godse was not a great orator, and don't think he had good skills in Hindi or English. Yet the powerful statement he made in the court justifying the murder of Gandhi seems to be well articulated. Was he coached to make such statements by some one from Hindu Maha Sabha? Nirmal Chandra Chatterjee (father of the CPI(M) chap Somnath Chatterjee was the leader of Hindu Maha Sabha at that time. He was a lawyer, and even became a judge when Bandit-ji was running the show in India.
3. Godse may have been a bachelor, but his fellow comrade Narayan Apte was just the opposite. It is said that it was his womanising skills which helped the police pick him up quickly. An air-hostess he was trying to "tune in" of late identified him quickly and gave details to the police.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Mort Walker wrote:
This is correct. BJP will lose onlee. :(( :(( :((
chetak wrote:the BJP foolishly attended a lot of India today conclaves, giving totally unnecessary bhav to this poisonous group.

I have never been able to understand the BJP's obsessive compulsion to hobnob with its vilest enemies. Modi was there too.

when you lie down with dogs you will get up with fleas.
chetak Ji :

Sun Tzu said : Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

Cheers Image
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Shaktimaan wrote:
Mukesh.Kumar wrote:
This could have been avoided. He is playing with fire and playing into the hands of MB
Exactly whose vote is going to be lost due to this comment of Yogiji saar?
This is not about right or wrong, but WB is just waking up to reassertion of its Hindu identity. This quote may to be too far to the right and likely to utrn away fence sitters.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Singha wrote:चौकीदार #GauravPradhan
@DrGPradhan
May 14

Midnight meeting with family, slaves and doot from masters. Italian furious

Election over on May 19th but action begins

Planning

Major disturbance in India
Control SC and flood it with PIL. Choke system. Nothing should work
Take out Modi by any means at the earliest
I haven't followed this guy for a looong time but why do I have the impression that this guy is majorly into Conspiracy theories and himself is a bit looney.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

India Today certainly is peddling misleading opinions and data. In the latest/very recent magazine issue there is article after article, pages upon pages, of anti-Modi content. Strangely all written by the same 3-4 authors solo or together. It looks like they have serious issues or have been given directions by external forces to mount a last stand of some kind.

Satta Bazaar: it is, after all, an illegal activity. Has anyone profiled the typical participants? I would assume that people willing to participate in illegal activities would have a predilection to bet favorably on other crooks and scamsters like UPA and MTB.

Laakh dukhon ki ek davaa hai: AAYEGA TO MODI HI.

Kahe ghabraye.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

riverdale has changed. it is a place of shadows and secrets.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

The image is real but with mock data. They were doing a test run.

Also note phase 7 is yet to be concluded and they are running test for 542 seats. So, take it easy.

Fantastic publicity strategy though :lol:
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Singha wrote:NEW DELHI: Nathuram Godse, the man who assassinated Mahatma Gandhi, "was a deshbhakt (patriot), is a deshbhakt and will remain one," the BJP's Pragya Singh Thakur said today, adding to her growing list of controversial statements.

^^^ media trying to bait her. win or lose I think her role is to disrupt and take maximalist positions to energize the hardcore RW, while others take care of the center. plus lot of flares and chaff to keep the media engaged.

a MALD-ER projectile to trigger IADS networks for cataloguing of e-orbat and later targeting.
^Correct. Dumb Orange-Utan has to do his own "doubling down" in public. Much better to have proxies like Sadhvi Pragya ji doing the "double-down" on hardcore positions while the top leadership remains staid, stoic, reasonable.

Net result, the Overton Window expands by a few more cm.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

learnt of it newly now

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Seems same as the view standing at the edge of a septic tank.. :mrgreen:
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

Edited. No point on emotional posts. Control yourself.
ramana
Last edited by ramana on 16 May 2019 19:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited. ramana
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Rudradev wrote:

^^^ media trying to bait her. win or lose I think her role is to disrupt and take maximalist positions to energize the hardcore RW, while others take care of the center. plus lot of flares and chaff to keep the media engaged.

a MALD-ER projectile to trigger IADS networks for cataloguing of e-orbat and later targeting.
^Correct. Dumb Orange-Utan has to do his own "doubling down" in public. Much better to have proxies like Sadhvi Pragya ji doing the "double-down" on hardcore positions while the top leadership remains staid, stoic, reasonable.

twitter

Gandhiji stood for cow protection. For assimilation of minorities, not pampering them. Condemned religious conversions and wanted it banned by law. Will Kamal Hasan accept any of these?

Read what Gandhiji's great grandson wrote to Kamal Haasan yesterday.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 0180644996

58 replies 410 retweets 781 likes
Reply 58 Retweet 410 Like 781

facebook link

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 0180644996
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

nachiket wrote:
abhik wrote: IIRC TC got the state wise tally wrong, elections in India are highly local, BJP got majority by winning 85-100% of the seats in UP, GJ, RJ, MP etc in spite of getting 0 to a handful in other states like KL, TN, OR. IMO just getting nation wide total right does not count for much.
Who had expected BJP to get any significant number of seats in KL and TN back in 2014?
I remember TC had projected BJP winning something like 5 in TN, which is why I'm discounting TC "getting it right" back in 2014.
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

The WB State BJP leaders are total nincompoop to say the least. The kind of backfoot defensive play on the statue vandalism issue is unbelievable.

TMC came to power after famously vandalizing state assembly. Legacies worth 100 years were gone. Bench and seats sat by likes of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose were not spared and broken completely. There were no BJP then and it is not even 10 years old so relatively fresh in people's memory. But who is going to teach these idiots how to play attacking on front foot!!!

Instead they are talking of only building a new statue and TMC breaking the old one.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

Even if modi wins civilizational threat looms till all parties are forced to veer off of BIF.

Cant sit this out like the MMS years.
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

nachiket wrote: As for PP, looking at his unbelievable projections right now, I will either declare him the Mahdi on May 23 or stop listening to what he says altogether :mrgreen:
Not just PP.

Dr Sachin Reddy, Savvyasaachi, Chintamani and Suyesh too.

Either all heroes or all zeros.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Why are we making that idiot kamala hasan famous?
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

Picklu wrote:The WB State BJP leaders are total nincompoop to say the least. The kind of backfoot defensive play on the statue vandalism issue is unbelievable.

TMC came to power after famously vandalizing state assembly. Legacies worth 100 years were gone. Bench and seats sat by likes of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose were not spared and broken completely. There were no BJP then and it is not even 10 years old so relatively fresh in people's memory. But who is going to teach these idiots how to play attacking on front foot!!!

Instead they are talking of only building a new statue and TMC breaking the old one.
I think it rather appreciable ! Instead what BJP should say, "Beware TMC, now that you have vandalised Vidyasagar statue, we will teach you what demolition is. Move heaven and earth, and see how you can save your offices"
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Joke going viral in Bengal WA

Man: CM has gone mad.

WB police: I am arresting you insulting Mamata.

Man: Why? Did I say Bengal CM? I may have been talking about any CM.

WB Police (slaps the man): Don't try to fool the police. You think we don't know which CM has gone mad?
AshishA
BRFite

Post by AshishA »

aylamrin wrote:

Well we can do our dhoti shivering, but if you were to go through the tweets of this fellow (not many, but just the latest 10-15 will do), you will see he is a proven BIF ... What is the need for such careless posts, even if it were true? Why is this obscure fellow so important to you?
He isn't important to me. But their posts is. What they are trying to do is influence elections by publishing fake numbers so that they could convince some fence sitters not to vote for BJP as it will be supposedly losing. No one leaks their data by mistake. And now India today group will say to EC that it was a mistake blah blah blah and EC will even accept that and let them go. India today is acting even worse than ndtv.

Though I am confident of ayega toh Modi hi. India today needs to be taught a lesson so that no one tries influencing the election.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

abhijitm wrote:Why are we making that idiot kamala hasan famous?

Who is We?

Guys I am tired of this constant making the forum into a whine chat room.
If you cant post more than a sentence please don't post at all.

Not being elitist but participation has to be meaning ful.
And admins have to clean up after emotional dumps.
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

AshishAcharya wrote:
aylamrin wrote:
Well we can do our dhoti shivering, but if you were to go through the tweets of this fellow (not many, but just the latest 10-15 will do), you will see he is a proven BIF ... What is the need for such careless posts, even if it were true? Why is this obscure fellow so important to you?
He isn't important to me. But their posts is. What they are trying to do is influence elections by publishing fake numbers so that they could convince some fence sitters not to vote for BJP as it will be supposedly losing. No one leaks their data by mistake. And now India today group will say to EC that it was a mistake blah blah blah and EC will even accept that and let them go. India today is acting even worse than ndtv.

Though I am confident of ayega toh Modi hi. India today needs to be taught a lesson so that no one tries influencing the election.
Seek forgiveness, but still not convinced. What you mention as "their" is clearly not even the India Today scum, but one low life scumbag. His Raisin Dieter could be money, but why are you and I wasting everyone's time and Kbytes on this?
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Rudradev wrote:

Agree. like the politician quoted earlier, who openly asks people of a community to NOT vote for him, this is a plain and simple message to her core supporters that she is, even more than YA, a Hindu with a vision in keeping with Hindu ideology. She has identified herself as a 'Dharma-Rakshak' and has been tortured for her beliefs - as an example to others. So why not take it to its logical conclusion? Diggy will get all the other votes. It now remains to be seen whether the people of Bhopal identify with Hindu values or not.

On a different note, referring to the Overton Window (interesting thought process), Scott Adams has written an excellent book 'Win Bigly' on the power of persuasion as practiced by the Orange Man. Claims he has never seen anyone else like as strong in this ability. A big 'Door In Your Face' kinda person.
sunnyP
BRFite

Post by sunnyP »

Exit poll figures shown in a recently released promotional video by India Today is based on dummy data and does not show the actual expectations for the outcome of the ongoing general elections, the channel clarified.
https://www.boomlive.in/exit-poll-promo ... dia-today/
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

^

Folks, all the more reason not to dump these fake-news bombs on the forum. Too much dhoti-shivering going on. There is no way BJP is NOT winning this with 'prachand bahumat', simply cannot happen. Yes, we are all anxious, but it is just one more week away. Relax, have a G&T tonight (or whatever else works for you), watch some cartoons on television and take it easy.
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

Primus wrote:
Rudradev wrote:

Agree. like the politician quoted earlier, who openly asks people of a community to NOT vote for him, this is a plain and simple message to her core supporters that she is, even more than YA, a Hindu with a vision in keeping with Hindu ideology. She has identified herself as a 'Dharma-Rakshak' and has been tortured for her beliefs - as an example to others. So why not take it to its logical conclusion? Diggy will get all the other votes. It now remains to be seen whether the people of Bhopal identify with Hindu values or not.

On a different note, referring to the Overton Window (interesting thought process), Scott Adams has written an excellent book 'Win Bigly' on the power of persuasion as practiced by the Orange Man. Claims he has never seen anyone else like as strong in this ability. A big 'Door In Your Face' kinda person.
Even I agree. The reason why the real(i)ty tsar won is because of this positioning. The BOLD positioning. Gone are the days of pussy footing. But yes, I think the time is still not ripe to go lock-stock-barrel on this positioning, but what is the harm in mixing it up. Of all the sanatan population, mix the message up to address different segments, a little bit of turmeric, a little bit of saffron, some orange.

What she said is already available in public domain, it is because of that "man" (only during his escapades/experiments) that Noakhali happened.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Hari Nair wrote:Worth a read:
https://www.firstpost.com/politics/lok- ... 40901.html

That appears to be an antidote of sorts to the affliction of "dhoti-shivers" till 23-24 May, as the esteemed BRF members call it!
Niran who is in the trenches in UP says BJP will get over 60 in UP. So no need to worry
My view is this election the results in UP, Bengal, and Odissa will determine the results.
Bengal + Odissa need to give 36 to BJP.
And UP 60+ game over.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Pratyush wrote:

No one can be that stupid in India that they will publish any kind of poll results before the close of voting on the last stage of poll.

They don't want to be black listed.
India Today is run by Arun Poorie who is uber Lootyens.
Who will bell this cat?
Many scalawag reporters/match fixers work for him under journalist tag.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Singha wrote:with abject failure of the brother sister duo, mother now steps up to unit the entire oppn in a maha-mega-thugbandhan ... they are trying hard to rope in non MGB leaders like KCR, Patnaik and no doubt Jagan also to close options for NDA to enlarge if they fall short.

https://www.ndtv.com/opinion/sonia-gand ... topstories

the only identity of this motley crew is they are NOT(modi)....and they all want to continue the loot in their own zamindaries.

all shall hunt for meat together

Mona Sonia is trying to replicate the Karnataka model of making Namma Buffalo the CM.

She is first making peace with the Telugu leaders who have the money and the political power. her offer is to not have a Congress PM and even retire and make Rahul go away to Thigh land.

Once the Telugu leaders are roped in the others will join as these guys have lots of money.
CBN in an unguarded moment said he has 1 lakh crores property.
He can use 1/4 of that to get power to forgive the cases against him.

SS and JDU are transactional.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

The India Today ‘exit poll data’ is, as they revealed, dummy data for the sake of demonstrating how their May 19-23 TV shows will be . A clever trick indeed . The nicest way to stop such clever tricks is to have a high profile lawsuit alleging attempt to sway voters before Sunday . That’ll teach them, and others, the price of such cleverness .
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Godse was a deshbhakt (patriot) and an assassin.

gandhi was an extremist in his utter disregard for the safety of the Hindu community at large and his repeated pandering to the muslims.

he was consistent in his fetishes, political delusions and particularly his oft repeated suicidal prescriptions for Hindus.
Gandhi’s unchanging prescription for three decades for Hindus when faced with jihad – “Die; and don’t die with anger or malice, die with a smile”. Twenty-five years later the Mahatma would give the same advice in 1946-47 when Bengal was burning in jihadi flames – suffocate yourself or commit suicide by biting your tongue.

Of course what is left unsaid is gandhi advised Hindu women to commit suicide.

Gandhi concluded his answer with the outrageous remark that rather than resist the Muslim League by force, “I would be ruled by them”.

Hindus could also have picked up arms against the Muslims to defend their people and their territory. But the Mahatma closed the doors decisively against armed Hindu resistance. Like Aurobindo wrote in 1907, Gandhi unmanned not only the Hindus and killed all divinity in them he also killed the divinity within the motherland.

For Gandhi, all that was historical about Hinduism was despicable and had to be rejected while what according to him was best was his own monotheist and Abrahamic perspective of our dharma. The country is plagued by this anti-Hindu legacy because Gandhi did not keep his views and practices strictly in the private domain: he insisted on thrusting his views on everyone who came into contact with him. These included his un-Hindu views of our history, his anti-Hindu views on Hindu religious rituals and his warped antipathy towards our temples.

The most destructive and lasting impact that Gandhi had on the Hindu nation was when he hand-picked Nehru as the first Prime Minister of independent India. And also when he and Nehru handpicked all Congress representatives from the Provinces to the Constituent Assembly. It was because the Constituent Assembly was packed with Gandhi-Nehru loyalists that we have an essentially anti-Hindu constitution weighted proactively on the side of religious minorities and against articles of faith of the majority Hindu people.

Gandhi’s bizarre interpretation of Ramrajya and the un-Hindu exposition of the most important epics sacred to Hindus created the perfect political comfort zone for anti-Hindu and non-Hindu political mercenaries from where they could implement their politics of minority-ism. Indeed, Gandhi’s Abrahamic approach to Hinduism remained unchanged till his death:

It was ignorance to say that he coupled Rama, a mere man, with God. His Rama was before, is present now and would be for all time. He was Unborn and Uncreated. Therefore let them tolerate and respect the different faiths. He was himself an iconoclast but he had regard for the so-called idolators. Those who worshiped idols also worshiped the same God who was everywhere, even in a clod of earth, even in a nail that was pared off. (CWMG Vol. 93 page 365) There are two aspects of Hinduism. There is on the one hand, the historical Hinduism with its untouchability, superstitious worship of sticks and stones, animal sacrifice and so on. On the other, we have the Hinduism of the Gita, the Upanishads, and Patanjali’s Yogasutra which is the acme of ahimsa and oneness of all Creation, pure worship of one immanent, formless, imperishable God.

For Gandhi, all that was historical about Hinduism was despicable and had to be rejected while what according to him was best was his own monotheist and Abrahamic perspective of our dharma. The country is plagued by this anti-Hindu legacy because Gandhi did not keep his views and practices strictly in the private domain: he insisted on thrusting his views on everyone who came into contact with him. These included his un-Hindu views of our history, his anti-Hindu views on Hindu religious rituals and his warped antipathy towards our temples.

The most destructive and lasting impact that Gandhi had on the Hindu nation was when he hand-picked Nehru as the first Prime Minister of independent India. And also when he and Nehru handpicked all Congress representatives from the Provinces to the Constituent Assembly. It was because the Constituent Assembly was packed with Gandhi-Nehru loyalists that we have an essentially anti-Hindu constitution weighted proactively on the side of religious minorities and against articles of faith of the majority Hindu people.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I recall we had a poll here on BRF in 2014 that did predict over 300 for NDA.
Its hidden in GDF in that over 1000 pages Modi Nama thread.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

UBCN prediction for the first 5 minutes of Counting/Announcement:
BJP 5, NDA total 6, Congi 5, M.GaddhaBandhan total 6. UNDECIDED: 533
{Dhoti shiver Lungi shiver}
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

Suraj wrote:The India Today ‘exit poll data’ is, as they revealed, dummy data for the sake of demonstrating how their May 19-23 TV shows will be . A clever trick indeed . The nicest way to stop such clever tricks is to have a high profile lawsuit alleging attempt to sway voters before Sunday . That’ll teach them, and others, the price of such cleverness .
The price of this channel is 1.18 (including GST). Have to hit where it hurts the most. Keep a list of brands that place ads on this channel (Top 5/Top 10). Launch a boycott campaign - reason they place ads on a BIF media. Hence they would have to choose one of the two, BIF media or its market share.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

sad to the see the 3 telugu leaders fawning and supplicating to the same congress leadership which split their state - something people in the state always complain about.
Ankit Desai
BRFite

Post by Ankit Desai »

https://twitter.com/aajtak/status/1128976614019207168
We understand your excitement about this clip! Sorry to disappoint you. We too are waiting anxiously for the data.This is visibly a promo with dummy data, played on #ElectionNewstrack
For the REAL thing,tune in to India Today & AajTak on May 19, 4pm onwards #AajTakAxisExitPoll
-Ankit