2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by chetak »

TrueIndology @TrueIndologyliv 20h20 hours ago

Dr. Ambedkar as India's law minister wanted to commute the sentence of Godse, an offer which Godse promptly denied to avail

Ambedkar the God of Indian liberals actually ended up praising Godse. Snippet excerpted from Dr. Koenraad Elst's book "Gandhi and Godse"

CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, while I do post on Twitter, I am not familiar with all the bells and whistles. So as soon as Burka Bibi rushed to her Washington Post sugar daddies crying and admonishing BJP and ModiJi about SadhviJi, and then bragged about it, I tweeted the following in response, and Twitter issued me a warning saying, either I delete the tweet, and get banned while I appeal. So not knowing the consequences, I just deleted. Kindly help me understand as to what Twitter guideline on promoting violence and hate did I violate?

@BDUTT @washingtonpost Why do you run to your @washingtonpost sugar daddies to puke about Indian politics or your pet gripes against BJP, ModiJI etc? Are you some kind of a female Uncle Tom? Why don't you just stick to debating those issues on your show to an Indian audience with Indian guests?
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

darshan wrote:Would India's post 1947+ history have been worse with both Nehru and Gandhi alive?
Would Nehru have done everything he can to get rid off Gandhi to set up Nehru empire if Gandhi had tried to intervene?
Would Gandhi have supported people Iike Patel and Ambedkar against Nehru?
With Gandhi alive longer, how far worse or better Hindus would have been?
Did Gandhi's early death save India from the worst case scenario of being sold down the river and broken up in pieces? Or at least slowed the BIF process down?
Few data points:

1) Gandhi wanted the INC to be dissolved as a political party in independent India. Nehru saw it as his dynastic fiefdom and an avenue for his family to rule the country for generations. Gandhi was assassinated. Nehru (and Edwina, and the Attlee govt in UK) got what they wanted.

2) Nehru realized that the biggest threat to his family fiefdom's domination of India for decades, predicated on a whole imported value-system based on deracination of the elite and suppression of native culture, would come from the Jan Sangh & RSS (not the left, which had never had any serious traction in India pre-independence and could play the role of "managed opposition" in his scheme of things). So he made an ally of the left and it was very much part of his agenda to throttle the Sangh and (if possible) destroy the RSS. Godse's assassination of Gandhi provided a perfect opportunity to ban and suppress Hindutva organizations.

Nehru-Maino-Vadra dynasty's long and unrelenting grip on power in India can in some ways be traced back to Gandhi's assassination. Would things have been "worse" had Gandhi lived, is impossible to say. But his death opened the door wide for the numero-uno BIF power center in India to establish itself.
Last edited by Rudradev on 17 May 2019 20:05, edited 2 times in total.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Singha wrote:
Primus wrote:
I was speaking of a different thing. our esteemed leaders of the 1947 generation did not have to manage the wholesale slaughter and chaos of cities and rural areas at war, lakhs killed, emergency survival mode. not even close. our army did indeed go to middle east, italy and north africa but the only real battle on home soil was manipur and nagaland against what was 2 underequipped japanese divisions sent walking across the hills up from the myanmar plains ... and even today how many indians can correctly place manipur , mizoram and nagaland and their capitals on the map?

the war left the indian heartland and people untouched and with barely any scars except some shortages of food surely.
Yes, but what I was referring to was the fact that India by then had already been decimated by centuries of loot. Granted, during the Mughal period a considerable amount of that wealth had grown again, but was mainly in the hands of the Mughals and their vassals, by the time the Brits became dominant India was in sharp decline and only kept sliding further. Thus we were 'spared' the sack of the cities in Europe. However, keep in mind that the rape of Indian cities had happened multiple times by the invaders (Nadir Shah, Timur, Ghazni, Khilji etc).
frances back was broken in ww1 itself with terrible losses of young men whose ranks not replenished fully by mid 30s, hence the generals decided they could never attack the larger pop of germany and build the maginot line a purely defensive concept.
Again, yes, but France (and most of Europe) bounced back with greater growth. By the 60s itself, most of Western Europe was way ahead of what India is even today. Thus, in less than 20 yrs after the Great War, they were on their feet and running.

One of the most shocking things I realized on my first trip to UK in the early 80s was that in so many things, they were at least a 100 yrs ahead of India, despite having fought two devastating wars in the preceding 70 yrs. Yes, their men folk were killed in large numbers and there was a demographic gap, but still they had a much better infrastructure, economy, healthcare and overall standard of living. I remember feeling outraged all the time I lived there, because everywhere around me I saw reminders of the Colonial loot from India.
her majestys govt was happy to play along and let gandhi and banditji keep revolution in india quiet. india was a source of manpower and resources for war and they did not want to rock the boat.
Exactly, see my point above. They had been living off India's labor and resources for a couple of centuries and found a pliant successor to continue the process. As the old saying goes, the axe can only cut down the mighty oak when it acquires a wooden handle. In India's case the handle was always the local Jaichands who collaborated happily - right from Gauri's time. Unfortunately, even after Independence they made sure that they can continue to hack away at the remnants of the once mighty civilization, to keep it under permanent penury so it can never rise again and pose a challenge to the world order they managed to create for themselves.

Well, guess what, the Phoenix has indeed risen from the ashes, the world as we know it will never be the same.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

CRamS ji, impossible to say what exactly triggered Twitter because they have different standards of "hate speech" for the Leftards and for us. Leftards can get away with a lot more, as a general rule.

But if I had to guess I would say "sugar daddies" and "puke" might have been the issue. "Uncle Tom" is controversial but who knows, that may have been flagged too.

What's your twitter handle BTW?

Added later: It's possible that Barkha just has to send a DM to her friend @Jack (recall her, Anna Vetticad, and other traitors posing alongside Jack Dorsey with a "Smash Brahminical Patriarchy" poster in his hands?) And immediately anyone who riled her even indirectly in any way will start getting warns, bans, suspensions etc. We may be looking for "rules" in what is effectively a "special case". She has most definitely (like Rana Ayyub) succeeded in getting her Sugar Daddies in NYT, WaPo, and elsewhere to see her as an eternal victim of unrelenting hatred from the Bhakt troll-army, the intolerant Modi govt, and everybody else with a grain of nationalism in their spirit.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Wouldn't it have been better if NM and AS just said it's Sadhvi's personal opinion ? Instead of disciplinary actions etc etc. I hope they realize most people know about the blunder of that man and what it cost us.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

i dont think godse issue has any traction electorally ...no one gives a damn to all this now ...but all have to talk about it to look goody goody !!!
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

CRamS wrote:Guys, while I do post on Twitter, I am not familiar with all the bells and whistles. So as soon as Burka Bibi rushed to her Washington Post sugar daddies crying and admonishing BJP and ModiJi about SadhviJi, and then bragged about it, I tweeted the following in response, and Twitter issued me a warning saying, either I delete the tweet, and get banned while I appeal. So not knowing the consequences, I just deleted. Kindly help me understand as to what Twitter guideline on promoting violence and hate did I violate?

@BDUTT @washingtonpost Why do you run to your @washingtonpost sugar daddies to puke about Indian politics or your pet gripes against BJP, ModiJI etc? Are you some kind of a female Uncle Tom? Why don't you just stick to debating those issues on your show to an Indian audience with Indian guests?

Short term solution: Mass reporting of the burkha post by thousands of PIF handles. Let's see how many Twitter suspends.
Long term solution: Urge Thakur/Ishkaran/SuSw to re-open the campaign that they started for making Twitter accountable. Threaten Twitter with a ban in India. Only top leaders will have access to Twitter for their international commitments. The hoi-poloi will not be able to access Twitter (ordinarily, i.e. without VPN or through Twitter clients). Meanwhile, we will move to Gab or Gutrgoo or something similar. When a large chunk of Indian Twitteratti suddenly stop using Twitter, what will happen to its shares?
LakshmanPST
BRFite

Post by LakshmanPST »

Raising Godse topic was a diversion by Opposition and BJP leaders fell for it...
Modi's statement simply puts an end to this unnecessary issue...
Giving MP seat to Sadhvi Pragya is in itself a huge personal risk that Modi took... She is in party now and shouldn't speak whatever she wants... Any mistake from her side will directly effect Modi's image...
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

chetak wrote:neatly done

He was first brought out of his den and now he would be arrested.

justice maybe in sight for the Saradha Chit Fund subscribers who lost their money.

Sob homara dushmon hoi, Hom aag loga dega :shock:

twitter

BREAKING: SC removes protection from arrest of Kolkata police chief and Mamata’s ‘friend-in-need’ Rajeev Kumar. CBI can arrest him now.
this is another way of ghar main ghuskar maarna
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Rudradev wrote:
Nehru-Maino-Vadra dynasty's long and unrelenting grip on power in India can in some ways be traced back to Gandhi's assassination. Would things have been "worse" had Gandhi lived, is impossible to say. But his death opened the door wide for the numero-uno BIF power center in India to establish itself.
These are some questions I had anticipated to hit the market. Thanks for your feedback.
So,
1) Gandhi would have been bumped off by Nehru and his masters in one way or another.
2) Hindus didn’t back Godse, allowed anti Hindu violence by Nehru family to be carried on, and allowed BIF to entrench further.

Personally I believe that Godse did what he thought had to be done for Hindus except probably didn’t figure out Nehru and bigger things at play like BIF plans. He also didn’t get unity and backing from Hindus to prevent any follow on anti Hindu actions. Gandhi and Nehru decisions have caused many millions to die, and people are still dying due to them, so I would never hold Godse responsible for any wrong doing. Though whether to hold dhimmi Hindus more responsible for allowing BIF to take hold or Gandhi’s death is something that I am still debating. I assume that it was not that easy to predict else BIF would have gotten Gandhi killed themselves in something similar to saffron terror setups.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Another article in Open Magazine, by Swapan Dasgupta:
Awakening Bharat Mata
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Pragya Kaushika

Verified account

@pragyakaushika
10h10 hours ago
More
The BJP asked West Bengal voters an unusual but explosive question for the first time. Did you press the EVM button or did someone else press it for you, the exit poll asked. #Bengal @ECISVEEP @AmitShah @BJP4India
0 replies 25 retweets 31 likes
Reply Retweet 25 Like 31 Direct message
Show this thread
Ash Rockzz Retweeted

The response to the question revealed that about 1.5 percent voters were not allowed to exercise their franchise and that someone else had voted in their place.

The sample size of the BJP survey was 7,000 persons per Lok Sabha and approximately 1,000 per assembly segment in the first six phases of voting.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

My in laws voted for Sadhvi Pragya. This of course was before the current controversy. MIL said “bhaajpa ka button daabya”. “Sadhvi ko baad me dekhajyga”. They stood in line from 6AM to 10AM to vote which is quite a bit for persons who are near 80. Speaking to them, it wasn’t so much love for BJP, but utter loathing of INC and MGB.
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

Our first attempt failed at 1857. We were beaten, but that does not mean we gave up.

One brick at a time , one blow at a time, we will work like ants, and we will eat away this sugar mountain.

Hulk method of landing blows may not give us the results, no matter how much it stretches the window.

Step 1: Let's popularise the BabaShaheb book ...
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the discredit scoundrels who are too bad even for desi MSM seem to get a free pass to write whatever they want in Wapo and NYT.
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

Folks, how do you think this Saadhvi episode is going to pan out, now that she has been served a show-cause notice by the management, that warrants a reply in 10 days. What happens post she replies to that notice?:
  1. If she loses, she will be expelled/suspended for 6 years?
  2. If she wins, she will be rebuked, and accepted? Or, perhaps still expelled and she continues to be an independent MP?
Question is, how will the optics be to the Indore :oops: Bhopal population? Does, Hindutva and exposing Gandhi for what he is, trump NaMo wave, or it is the other way round? What could probably be the ramifications? I see some Teetaar posts, in which people are already saying, that if the party acts in an overtly stern way with her, then all the love is lost for BJP as far as their support is concerned.

Could this be a watershed moment? A Dharma-Sankat indeed :-?

PS: - Re-tweets from the TL of a certain @umagarghi have started appearing in my TL
Last edited by aylamrin on 17 May 2019 22:36, edited 3 times in total.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, what are the antecedents of this so called activist Farah Naqvi? She seems in the Rana Ayyub and Saba Naqvi only more loud, in your face, voluble and hateful towards ModiJi, and of course, she seems to have a Lutyen, Khan Market background with shudh polished English and for sure a potential darling of whites who want to rain drain inspector reports on BJP/ModiJi.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Sadhvi is from Bhopal constituency. They have voted and she will win. No way BJP is going to give up that seat. Live with it.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

In eyeball-to-eyeballBengal politics, goons only constant - Indrani Bagchi | TNN
KOLKATA: As Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar’s statue was vandalized in Calcutta on Tuesday in a shameful display of thuggery and random violence, it revealed the unhappy truth about West Bengal politics. That violence is on tap, and goons are a fungible commodity. They were the “cadres” during CPM’s tenure, after 2011 they moved to do the bidding of the TMC. In this season they have worked for both BJP and TMC in competitive violence. Equally unhappily for the average citizen, if Bengal ever votes BJP, the same goons will be theirs to use.
Cheers Image
YumKay
BRFite

Post by YumKay »

Singha wrote:Congi leftist bif ecosystem is like a vast protective energy octupus with force fields extending into media college academia curriculum

Its like a giant ADGES/a2ad system with everything from 30mm radar guided aa guns to BMD missiles

To take down and damage this system just one INS Modi cruiser using vls cells is nowhere enough

All types and sizes of sea and air assets have to be used
Massive changes in HRD ministry.
Complete and successful crack down on black money flow from Indian and foreign sources
And the octopus will die...
YumKay
BRFite

Post by YumKay »

This octopus gets working bots in the form of human resource by mass brain washing through twisted syllabi and leftist faculty. However recently some changes have started happening here too. For instance, in my school board, the majority had leftist leaning so when I offered the subject "scientific temperament" the syllabus was minutely scanned and they agreed to it only when nothing remotely Desi could be found. :D I got my class with complete freedom. That being said the leftists are still in majority. And I have seen the propaganda first hand. Why do they do it is still a mystery for me.
The energy in the form of black money is flowing from
1. Foreign business houses
2. Business houses
I hope Modi can really get the money supply blocked and bring in some one very smart in HRD ministry or else it's a losing battle for us
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

measures need to taken against Nyt and wapo for being mouthpieces of bif forces.
china makes sure foreign journalists are on a very tight leash and expels them if 1cm out of line.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

YumKay wrote:
Singha wrote:Congi leftist bif ecosystem is like a vast protective energy octupus with force fields extending into media college academia curriculum

Its like a giant ADGES/a2ad system with everything from 30mm radar guided aa guns to BMD missiles

To take down and damage this system just one INS Modi cruiser using vls cells is nowhere enough

All types and sizes of sea and air assets have to be used
Massive changes in HRD ministry.
Complete and successful crack down on black money flow from Indian and foreign sources
And the octopus will die...
we have a guy of the stature and capability of murli manohar joshi who has the character, expertise and the professionalism to implement a nationalistic agenda but he has been margdarshak mandalized and frankly, at times, he can be quite a handful to control.

the rest of the appointees are timepass wallahs and even a guy like Modi hasn't realized the vital importance of HRD and education, especially under these circumstances.

lefty heads have to be cracked and naxals masquerading as college professors have to be necked out. JNU/AMU/jhadavpur and the like have to be detoxified. institutions like IIT madras have to be reclaimed and set right.

foreign funding for all such institutions have to be completely cutoff.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

CRamS wrote:Guys, what are the antecedents of this so called activist Farah Naqvi? She seems in the Rana Ayyub and Saba Naqvi only more loud, in your face, voluble and hateful towards ModiJi, and of course, she seems to have a Lutyen, Khan Market background with shudh polished English and for sure a potential darling of whites who want to rain drain inspector reports on BJP/ModiJi.
farah naqvi is the slimier, sinister and more poisonous version of saba naqvi, her sister.

farah was in the NAC and was a very active member there, well connected in lootyens and a pet of the FFNGOs.

has already done a great deal of work for the BIF and she is ex columbia univ
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

by Primus
One of the most shocking things I realized on my first trip to UK in the early 80s was that in so many things, they were at least a 100 yrs ahead of India, despite having fought two devastating wars in the preceding 70 yrs. Yes, their men folk were killed in large numbers and there was a demographic gap, but still they had a much better infrastructure, economy, healthcare and overall standard of living. I remember feeling outraged all the time I lived there, because everywhere around me I saw reminders of the Colonial loot from India.
Not just england but many institutes around the world were founded by money looted from India. Elihu Yale was governor of Madras for East India company (John company) and he made so much money that supported Yale University.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elihu_Yale

In 1718, Cotton Mather contacted Yale and asked for his help. Mather represented a small institution of learning that had been founded in 1701 in New Haven, Connecticut, as the Collegiate School of Connecticut, which needed money for a new building. Yale sent Mather 417 books, a portrait of King George I, and nine bales of goods. These last were sold by the school for £800 pound sterling.[9] In gratitude, officials named the new building Yale; eventually the entire institution became Yale College.[1]

Yale was also a vestryman and treasurer of St. Mary's Church at Fort St. George. On 6 October 1968, the 250th anniversary of the naming of Yale College for Elihu Yale, the classmates of Chester Bowles, then the American ambassador to India and a graduate of Yale (1924), donated money for lasting improvements to the church and erected a plaque to commemorate the occasion. In 1970 a portrait of him, Elihu Yale seated at table with the Second Duke of Devonshire and Lord James Cavendish was donated to the Yale Center for British Art from Chatsworth House.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Prasanna Viswanathan Retweeted

Sanjay Dixit ಸಂಜಯ್ ದೀಕ್ಷಿತ್ संजय दीक्षित

Verified account

@Sanjay_Dixit
May 16
More
BJP vandals had such deep respect for Mamata didi that they desecrated Ishwarchandra Vidyasagar’s small statue kept in that room but did not touch the large portrait of Didi in the same room. She should honour them.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Image showing 'Modilie' entryfake: Oxford Dictionaries clarifies after Rahul Gandhi's tweet - TIMESOFINDIA.COM

NEW DELHI: The Oxford University Press on Tursday said that there is no entry in their dictionary called 'Modilie' and that the term does not exist in any dictionary published by it.

The clarification comes a day after Congress president Rahul Gandhi put up a screenshot of a photo-shopped page of the English dictionary explaining the meaning of "Modilie".

"We can confirm that the image showing the entry ‘Modilie’ is fake and does not exist in any of our Oxford Dictionaries, " the official handle of Oxford Dictionaries tweeted today.

Taking a swipe at Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Gandhi had yesterday claimed there's a new word in the English dictionary called "Modilie". In the fabricated page tweeted by Gandhi, "Modilie" is described as a "mass noun".

Gandhi has been accusing Modi of speaking "lies" on various issues, including the Rafale jet deal.

Cheers Image
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

Singha wrote:measures need to taken against Nyt and wapo for being mouthpieces of bif forces.
china makes sure foreign journalists are on a very tight leash and expels them if 1cm out of line.
NYT/WaPo/ CNN (and even Fox) / Big Tech... are not mouth pieces of merely the BIF forces, they are the handmaidens of, let's call them, "Internationalists", and their agenda is Global.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

CRamS wrote:Guys, what are the antecedents of this so called activist Farah Naqvi? She seems in the Rana Ayyub and Saba Naqvi only more loud, in your face, voluble and hateful towards ModiJi, and of course, she seems to have a Lutyen, Khan Market background with shudh polished English and for sure a potential darling of whites who want to rain drain inspector reports on BJP/ModiJi.
If they brought out Farah Naqvi onto field, indicates that the "intellectual" maoist/maino colonels and lt.colonels are failing and they are asking their major generals to enter the fray.

Farah Naqvi is board member on Oxfam.

---

Next five years are going to be brutal on the intellectual warfare.

And people thought that one can win a civilizational and generational war in one term win in general elections? Enemy (Colonize India Forces/Barbarians at the gate) have started the war for 2024 already. The good thing is that they have been forced to launch their brigadiers and major generals.

The prize is 2029/2034 and whoever wins that prize will win the war all the way to end of the century.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

That proves who did the vandalism.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

UB ji, do you remember how extremely hostile the US mainstream media was towards India during the early Vajpayee administration? I remember it well, fighting from the trenches with Ram Narayanan's crew.

The hysterical pitch (and volume) of anti-GOI poison issuing from the NYTimes, Washington Post, NPR, Economist, TIME etc. over the past few weeks reminds me of that period. Vividly. There's almost too much to respond to, and more appears every single day. Shock-and-awe propaganda war.

Looking back, things were never that bad for us during the entirety of the GW Bush and Obama administrations. Yes, an occasional USCIRF or Berkeley-Haas dagger would come flying our way; nothing like pre-2000 though.

But now it's as if the 9/11-cum-financial-crisis hangover has properly ended and they've found a new demon to focus all their vituperative attention upon. This is what the next five years are going to look like. Back unto the breach with a vengeance. Damn the torpedoes and full ishpeed ahead!
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I have decided to see things from the perspective of RaGaji
Starting with this :((
Indian election: Voters struggle to warm to misfiring Gandhi

Defeat could end the political dynasty he represents, report Hugh Tomlinson and Saurabh Sharma
{Warning: that is the only sensible sentence in the f*rticle}
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

Singha wrote:measures need to taken against Nyt and wapo for being mouthpieces of bif forces.
I am more curious to know how certain worthies get to write columns in these outposts. Two examples come to my mind.
1. Meena Kandasamy
2. Rupa Subramanya

Just who is Meena Kandasamy? Apparently she has written a novel, but I have not met anyone who has read her book, or ever seen the book in a shop. And she lives in London. How then can she be projected as the voice of India's apparent downtrodden?

Similarly, just who is Rupa Subramanya? What are her credentials? She claims to have a Master's in Economics and International Affairs from University of Ottawa - so what? There are 10000s of Economics grads in India. Why has this woman been chosen to write in NYT, WaPo, Foreign Affairs etc? Where has she worked? Has she achieved something significant in her chosen field of study?

Why are such nobodies getting such a platform to write about India?
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

University of Ottawa isn't the top school in Ottawa itself. If she had done it in McGill U, a 90 minutes drive away in Montreal, it would carry some weight.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

Exactly my point. Someone said on Twitter that University of Ottawa was the Choudhary Charan Singh University of Canada, and while that may or may not be true given that it was aimed at poking fun at Subramanya, the point remains that an obvious nobody is being projected as the voice of a generation.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

Ardeshir wrote:Exactly my point. Someone said on Twitter that University of Ottawa was the Choudhary Charan Singh University of Canada, and while that may or may not be true given that it was aimed at poking fun at Subramanya, the point remains that an obvious nobody is being projected as the voice of a generation.
:rotfl: :rotfl:
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

^^^^ Fish Onionmistress has a notorious pedigree. Her mother is the notorious
W. Vasantha, a professor of mathematics at IIT Madras. According to various "dalit" writeups, Vasantha is an "illustrious mathematician that has taken on the brahmanical stronghold that prevails in IIT Madras". Fish has an "activist" father involved in various dalit causes. The ruckus that took place at IIT Madras had Vasantha and her husband as instigators in part.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Rupa Subramanya wrote with Vivek Dehejia "Indianomix: Making Sense of Modern India", published 2015. It purports to answer such questions as:
Why does the stock exchange dip during a lunar eclipse? Why don’t cars with safety features lead to fewer injuries? Why did Nehru ignore the Chinese threat in the lead-up to the 1962 war? Why is it that a stranger might risk his life to save yours on one day, and a street full of passers-by might casually watch you bleed to death on another? Why did pollsters wrongly predict a BJP victory in 2004, and what was the real reason for their defeat? And why is India’s Independence Day not, in fact, on the day on which it’s celebrated?

In pithy, sparkling, bite-sized chapters, economists Vivek Dehejia and Rupa Subramanya tackle these seeming mysteries and unearth the real reasons why ‘we are like this only’. The answers are entertaining and surprising at every turn, and reveal a picture of modern India as never seen before.
At the time of publication of the book, Rupa Subramanya, (per the book), was a columnist for Wall Street India, editor-at-large for Swarajya and a regular contributor to Foreign Policy.

On twitter, Rupa Subramanya, when I first noticed her, was like a sane right-winger; but now has completed her U-turn. I think that the problem is that there is not much career space for right-wingers in journalism, the press, etc.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »