2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by Dilbu »

What is happening in TN? Any anal-e-sis on why BJP is failing to gain traction?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

BUT.. UBCN NOOSE FLASH!!!
ALL MSMs have been ordered by ISI to put out Fake News Exit Polls, so that all the Hindootvadin on the Internet can be unearthed and exposed.
So I am stating my ophishial position. I am bowing to show respect to the RaGaddha Bandhan. Lunar Respect.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

OMG! These Fake News are getting to be runaway. UBCN is hard-put to keep up.
UBCN Prediction just 4 hours ago: 360.
Exit Poll Results 2019 Updates: India set for Modi 2.0, NDA predicted to win up to 365 seats.
22:37 PM IST
Posted by Nishtha Gupta: We have now ended our live coverage of the exit poll results
:shock:

So if NDA wins less than 365, UBCN will be vindicated. Modi will lose onlee!
OK, now that the competition has thrown in the towel (see above re:IndiaToday) we can resume our regular programming.
Shashi Tharoor
@ShashiTharoor
I believe the exit polls are all wrong. In Australia last weekend, 56 different exit polls proved wrong. In India many people don’t tell pollsters the truth fearing they might be from the Government. Will wait till 23rd for the real results.
IOW in Gorastan, exit boll was wrong. Ergo! Proof! What about India 2014, turdji?
Last edited by UlanBatori on 20 May 2019 00:48, edited 1 time in total.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

ShyamSP wrote:
vera_k wrote:If INC is getting 77-108, there is a RG wave. Congress mukt Bharat seems further away :((
INC-100 means NDA is in trouble so all 300+ exit polls are all suspect. May be local surveys from Individual states with better sample rates give close approximation.
Not sure where you found this figure INC alone crossing 100.
It's INC+ (minus parties not in pre poll alliance)
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

CONGRESS WINS ALL SEATS!!!!!!
21:52 PM IST
Posted by Christopher Gonsalves
Congress to win lone seat in Lakshadweep
according to India Today's exit poll.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

fanne wrote:Srikumar ji,
The wording for your post really hurt. Can I request you to delete them. Lawd and big God!! It's not done, and that arrogance that pray to them and say if they can change the result!! (with a mere thought they dissolve universes, what to say about results). Please delete your post.
Relax...you are taking it too seriously. It is an ongoing thing between "SriKumar" and myself for years. It is a peculiar style of communication that evokes the uber-religionism of preachers of a certain community in the American South.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

CONGRESS WINS ANOTHER STATE
Rahul Gandhi's decision to contest from Wayanad may have won him the state, shows data from the Kerala exit poll.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

UlanBatori wrote:
Shashi Tharoor
@ShashiTharoor
I believe the exit polls are all wrong. In Australia last weekend, 56 different exit polls proved wrong. In India many people don’t tell pollsters the truth fearing they might be from the Government. Will wait till 23rd for the real results.
IOW in Gorastan, exit boll was wrong. Ergo! Proof! What about India 2014, turdji?
Turdji can then claim that 2014 was also wrong because the government in power was UPA and people did not want to say that they were voting against it. :mrgreen:
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Mollick.R wrote:
ShyamSP wrote:
INC-100 means NDA is in trouble so all 300+ exit polls are all suspect. May be local surveys from Individual states with better sample rates give close approximation.
We need to extract INC only number from exit polls. Among UPA parties DMK can get more numbers. NCP, RJD, RLD are expected to be no good. So explanation of 130+ for UPA needs to be parsed individual state-wise and party-wise.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Disgusting that Malloostan and TN seem to be only exceptions.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

The wording for your post really hurt. Can I request you to delete them. Lawd and big God!! It's not done, and that arrogance that pray to them and say if they can change the result!! (with a mere thought they dissolve universes, what to say about results). Please delete your post.
+1
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

If this holds, we need a proper and new FM (health is ailing) and Defense Minister (with emphasis on Make In India/Local production). All others are fine.
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

First, no ji for me. I dont use it for others and I request others not to use it for me. I do appreciate the tone of your post, but I do disagree with a couple of points.

As far as arrogance is concerned, you have no idea about what arrogance (or not) I feel towards the Hindu gods. That's between me and my gods and I dont see any scope for anyone to interpret that- especially on an anonymous forum. In other words, when I've prayed to the gods, I have not had any intermediaries other than priests (and certainly none from BRF).

I can definitely understand that you feel hurt, and that is an expression of your personal perspective which is warranted since you represent yourself. All I will say is that be assured that I am a devotee of all the gods I have mentioned in my posts, and many others that I have not mentioned. If you still have issues, feel free to have the admins delete it. I will not object.

KLD- Thanks. Some guys are really quick to take offence. Its crazy.
Last edited by SriKumar on 20 May 2019 01:13, edited 2 times in total.
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

Rajdeep has said this is "his last election for a while and he is retiring to Goa". Can he take Durkha Butt and Hopefully, his better half will follow.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Dilbu wrote:What is happening in TN? Any anal-e-sis on why BJP is failing to gain traction?
BJP could get 2 seats. The TN social engineering by the EVR and DK men for decades cannot be penetrated in one election cycle.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

SwamyG wrote:
Dilbu wrote:What is happening in TN? Any anal-e-sis on why BJP is failing to gain traction?
BJP could get 2 seats. The TN social engineering by the EVR and DK men for decades cannot be penetrated in one election cycle.
Welcome back. DMK sweep? My good case for DMK was 30-35.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Now that RaGaji appears to have won in Wynad, I assume he will vacate Amethi? Or will be cede Wynad to Left Front and thus put sand in the faces of the brilliant Malloos who elected him? What happened to the vacated seat? #2 candidate wins? If they started setting up bye-elections for all such seats the process may never be over, hain?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Maybe time to lock this thread until May 23 in the interest of protecting our gentle postors. There is no war to fight any more (at least till then). I fear that many Knights-Errant of BRF will thus turn their spears on each other and there will be bloodshed. Signs of BaR BRawl already apparent above. Also it would be good to continue/contrast the present mood with May 23. :eek:
Last edited by UlanBatori on 20 May 2019 01:14, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

r nob is saying on tv that pappu is leaving for london tonight.

his han friends must have gathered with the good stuff.
Last edited by chetak on 20 May 2019 01:23, edited 1 time in total.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

SriKumar wrote:
First, no ji for me. I dont use it for others and I request others not to use it for me.

As far as arrogance is concerned, you have no idea about what arrogance (or not) I feel towards the Hindu gods. That's between me and my gods and I dont see any scope for anyone to interpret that- especially on an anonymous forum. I can definitely understand that you feel hurt. All I will say is that be assured that I am a devotee of all the gods I have mentioned in my posts (and many others that I have not mentioned). If you still have issues, feel free to have the admins delete it.

KLD- Thanks. Some guys are really quick to take offence. Its crazy.
Sri Kumar,

Ultimately this is not about how devoted someone is to a particular icon, nobody is judging that. It is mainly about the fact that folks do find certain public statements offensive. If it was a private situation, it would be a different matter. To each their own and all that.

Considering that some of your fellow brfites find your choice of words offensive, would you not as a courtesy, edit them? Just a request that's all.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Time to send Reuters along with RaGa on that boat to London
With 240 cases against him, K Surendran of the BJP tops the list of candidates with the most outstanding criminal complaints that include rioting, criminal trespass and attempted murder.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 20 May 2019 01:18, edited 1 time in total.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

ShyamSP wrote:
Mollick.R wrote:
We need to extract INC only number from exit polls. Among UPA parties DMK can get more numbers. NCP, RJD, RLD are expected to be no good. So explanation of 130+ for UPA needs to be parsed individual state-wise and party-wise.
In 2014, the exit polls predicted a wide range from 70-148 for UPA. The Chanakya prediction of 70 turned out to be correct, probably got lucky.

The 2019 exit polls are also predicting a wide range for UPA...from 82 to 164 (the latter being the NewsX poll). Interestingly, they are also predicting a higher range for NDA than 2014. So it the "Other" parties that are losing quite a few seats.

Leaving aside that outlier, the small "boost" for UPA in some of the polls is mainly coming from DMK in TN as well as UDF gains in KL (the Left is losing ground), and scattered seats from all over India in which UPA is leading (in MP, CG, PB etc)- likely with small margins.

Like I said, many of the UPA leads are very slim, so a small error margin can easily swing the result. And the swing is more likely to be away from UPA since the winning/leading side always has the momentum.

As for NDA:

- It is relatively unaffected by the tally of INC since the latter is in the unenviable position of being a "national party" with only ~20% vote share scattered over the country. It is hard to increase the seat conversion with that situation. In states like MP, CG, GJ, RJ where there is a direct BJP-INC battle, the BJP has much larger vote share already and will only give up a few seats at most.

- Many of the close battles of BJP are being fought with regional parties (TMC, BJD, JDS, SP+BSP). According to the polls, it seems the BJP is doing a strong job of making up a few losses in UP with gains in the other states.
Last edited by KL Dubey on 20 May 2019 01:36, edited 1 time in total.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

BJP will lose onlee :(( :(( :((
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Srikumar it is your prerogative to write and delete. Yes I am hurt and I can see others are as well. I will not go to admin. I would still say you are hurting my religious feeling, that too with no provocation from my side(just speaking for myself). I stand by my assessment, but of course I do not know you so could be wrong
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

UlanBatori wrote:Time to send Reuters along with RaGa on that boat to London
With 240 cases against him, K Surendran of the BJP tops the list of candidates with the most outstanding criminal complaints that include rioting, criminal trespass and attempted murder.
Those are all fake cases charged by commie govt for taking part in Sabarimala agitation. They will pay the price for it this time.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

UlanBatori wrote:Disgusting that Malloostan and TN seem to be only exceptions.
Saffornization is happening. Wait saar.
rgosain
BRFite

Post by rgosain »

chetak wrote:r nob is saying on tv that pappu is leaving for london tonight.

his han friends must have gathered with the good stuff.
Most likely returning home for instructions, or to vote in this week's Euro elections which are being held on the 23rd.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

With this hopefully the dynastic politics are over and Rahul will retire to Columbia and Sonia to Italy, Vadra and Priyanka to somewhere far, far away, never to be seen and never to be heard in Bharat Mata.
Last edited by saip on 20 May 2019 01:28, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Temporary Time-Out For Sanity Break: Calling u no hu

:idea: If exit polls are true, are we going to see an age of BeeJayPee vs. Gaddha-Bandhan in KL? INC+ ML+ Kerala Cong (which is Church)? Is LDF going to get wiped out? They have no national base to turn to for help: Not doing so great in Bihar, WB. Chattisgarh, Jharkhand, Maharashtra.
With both BJP and GaddhaBandhan racing to bring goodies to BPL, LDF's Raisin Dieter may be over, hain? Ultimately this may be the Sabarimala Verdict that matters.

If Gaddha Bandhan does as brilliantly in Lok Sabha as is predicted now, their H&D may take a big hit even in KL and TN, which is not good for them in next election. With a MASSIVE focused and intelligent effort, BJP may be able to draw in 90% of the CPI(M) supporters since they are probably not deep Church-goers or Mosque-goers. UBCN has posted deep analysis before, pointing out that many CPI(M) voters are devout Hindus, its just that their social support structure at the ground level is provided by the Red Flag. BJP needs to replace this, with a massive infusion of resources initially, but focus on really caring for people. Like was done in Modi-Gujarat. Sweep from the panchayat level upwards, not from State Capital downwards.

Hope the conjarned citjens here are reading this... not too early to start the planning and action. :idea:
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Cain Marko wrote:
SriKumar wrote:
Ultimately this is not about how devoted someone is to a particular icon, nobody is judging that. It is mainly about the fact that folks do find certain public statements offensive. If it was a private situation, it would be a different matter. To each their own and all that.

Considering that some of your fellow brfites find your choice of words offensive, would you not as a courtesy, edit them? Just a request that's all.
I do not find anything offensive in the post of "SriKumar". I don't think individual posters can enforce fine nuances of language or terminology on a public forum unless it violates the forum rules.

I use the terms Lawd and Gawd very often in many threads on BRF and BGR.

There are millions of short, dark, rice-eating (SDRE) people just like us right now in India who are praying to Hindoo gods (or to the one and only almighty Gawd whose prophets and eklauta beta have come and gone)...imploring them to deliver their desired election result. So you really need not worry about a couple of posts on BRF.
Last edited by KL Dubey on 20 May 2019 01:30, edited 1 time in total.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

ShyamSP wrote:
SwamyG wrote: BJP could get 2 seats. The TN social engineering by the EVR and DK men for decades cannot be penetrated in one election cycle.
Welcome back. DMK sweep? My good case for DMK was 30-35.
Gee thanks :-)
Even NDTV's Sreenivasan Jain is saying there is no sweep by DMK. AIADMK+, that includes BJP, could cross 10+. That is nearly 25% of the 39 seats.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

the congis and the famiglia are already in the default not my fault mode

Rahul Gandhi Verified account @RahulGandhi 7h7 hours ago

From Electoral Bonds & EVMs to manipulating the election schedule, NaMo TV, “Modi’s Army” & now the drama in Kedarnath; the Election Commission’s capitulation before Mr Modi & his gang is obvious to all Indians.

The EC used to be feared & respected. Not anymore.
has he forgotten what the family retainer navin chawla used to do in the EC
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Suggest this thread be renamed to "Modi will Lose Onlee!"
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Dilbu wrote:Sorry guys work is hectic and have been shuttling between two countries in gelf on a weekly basis. But kufrs on BRF cannot be allowed to jinx the results before 23rd, Hainji ?
BJP will lose onlee :(( :(( :((
Word on the street is after marriage, your jinx power has come down man :rotfl: We cannot have that, can we? Will you be reporting to duty on the 23rd? Even a diminished Dilbu magic will work for us :mrgreen:
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

Double post.
Self delete
Last edited by Mollick.R on 20 May 2019 01:41, edited 1 time in total.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

Mollick.R wrote:
Dilbu wrote: Those are all fake cases charged by commie govt for taking part in Sabarimala agitation. They will pay the price for it this time.

Houuuu :-(
Don't see that happening even this time also
exzittt polsss are givingg Shunya to BEE JAY PEE.
May be very difficult to come out off effects of intellectual dopes for such long periods
Was hoping that with Sabrimala fiasco at least few
lotus will bloom there.

Ps
BJP will lose only :-(
SaraLax
BRFite

Post by SaraLax »

SwamyG wrote:
India Today's 34-38 exit poll forecast for UPA+ in TN needs to be thrown in garbage bin. Also India Today (earlier Headlines Today) have never been correct with TN elections predictions even during massive ADMK victories under Jayalalithaa (2011 AS,2014 LS & also in closely contested 2016 AS).

Thanthi TV - which is a well followed Tamil News Channel (but slanted towards DMK in IMHO) in TN has done a constituency level exit poll & is showing a potential final TN result with UPA+ = 24 & NDA+ = 16 (with Puducherry - presently ruled by INC/UPA as being potentially won by NDA). As per their exit poll, BJP will win 3 seats (namely Kanyakumari, Coimbatore & Ramanathapuram). BJP is contesting only in 5 seats in TN. But the sad indication is that Aircel scam accused Karthi Chidambaram is winning Sivagangai due to cut in transfer of ADMK-to-BJP votes by TTV Dhinakaran's faction a.k.a AMMK. Additionally - 2G scam accused Kanimozhi (fighting against BJP in Thoothukudi) & A.Raja, BSNL Scam accused Dayanidhi Maran are all winning for DMK. Also AMMK's vote share is in double digits in many South TN constituencies is helping DMK win in those South TN areas where JJ led ADMK used to be quite strong. Seems TTV Dhinakaran is surely hurting NDA in these constituencies even though his AMMK party is not winning in any constituency.

Komali's MNM is polling in some constituencies between 5 & 10 % alone but the general thought was that their vote would hurt DMK more because of their common Minority vote bank pandering tactics.

I couldn't believe that ADMK can loose in Erode constituency to MDMK and also that it is loosing the Namakkal constituency.
Last edited by SaraLax on 20 May 2019 01:52, edited 1 time in total.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

KL Dubey wrote:
Cain Marko wrote:
I do not find anything offensive in the post of "SriKumar". I don't think individual posters can enforce fine nuances of language or terminology on a public forum unless it violates the forum rules.

I use the terms Lawd and Gawd very often in many threads on BRF and BGR.
You do not find it offensive, you use terms lawd and gawd as you wish. So who is enforcing their personal nuances of language on others in a public space? It is clearly evident that there are some at least on this forum that are being hurt by said terminology and expressing this in polite requests. personal inclinations are not the only things to consider when in public spaces.
Rishi_Tri
BRFite

Post by Rishi_Tri »

UlanBatori wrote:Maybe time to lock this thread until May 23 in the interest of protecting our gentle postors. There is no war to fight any more (at least till then). I fear that many Knights-Errant of BRF will thus turn their spears on each other and there will be bloodshed. Signs of BaR BRawl already apparent above. Also it would be good to continue/contrast the present mood with May 23. :eek:
BaR BRawl indicates party was healthy, everyone was content to hearts' fulfillment through their chosen modes including C2H5OH, H2CO3, and much needed entertainment after heavy mushy mushy talk.. Let it happen!!

Congress on its own likely to get 78.. per Times Now..

BJP likely to get 300 on its own .. per Chanakya..

.. Signed .. Veteran of Many a Bar Brawl through the H2CO3 mode.. :D
Last edited by Rishi_Tri on 20 May 2019 01:59, edited 1 time in total.
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

nachiket wrote:
abhijitm wrote: Very close contest. Most likely win for RG.
Even PP who is predicting 300 for BJP alone said Pappu was winning in Amethi. :cry: