2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
khatvaanga
BRFite

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by khatvaanga »

UlanBatori wrote:Disgusting that Malloostan and TN seem to be only exceptions.
even here peoples forget AP which is giving a grand 000000
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Ulan ullah Al Batori another factor you should consider regarding CPIM in KL is their treatment of party cadre who decide to leave the party or worse decide to be dissidents. These people are getting killed like in the most brutal ways. You would be remembering T.P. Chandrasekharan episode. His body was hacked 51 times into small pieces. They are not so brutal towards even RSS cadre.

So the current lot of party followers are scared to death. The moment BJP raises it's game to be a party with political and muscle power to match CPIM, these folks will shift en masse to BJP. This is similar to what happened in Bengal with TMC.
salaam
BRFite

Post by salaam »

KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Cain Marko wrote:You do not find it offensive, you use terms lawd and gawd as you wish. So who is enforcing their personal nuances of language on others in a public space? It is clearly evident that there are some at least on this forum that are being hurt by said terminology and expressing this in polite requests. personal inclinations are not the only things to consider when in public spaces.
The characteristic difference between Hindooism and other belief systems is the ability to laugh at ourselves. My suggestions are (1) Please try to expand your sense of humor a little more, and (2) leave aside the pursuit of non-issues when we are (almost all) of the same beliefs here on BRF.

Tomorrow someone can say that they find terms such as "SDRE", "Godse the patriot", "Duratma" (used by some for Gandhi) offensive, or some terms/names used to describe "secular" media journalists.... Should there be a "polite request" every time?
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

khatvaanga wrote:
even here peoples forget AP which is giving a grand 000000

As some mods said earlier, AP has made itself irrelevant from National politics due to their own fixation with regional issues.. its the only state in the country to greet the Prime Minister of the nation with Black Flags a day after Balakot strikes because "Modi is Gujarat's Prime Minister who hates Andhras by refusing special status".

All in all, I hope Chandranna suffers the ignominy of defeat at national and state levels leading to his political wipe-out from AP.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

salaam wrote:Ravish Kumar, burnol moment.

https://twitter.com/dhaval241086/status ... 51361?s=21
And this ba****d is an 'intellectual'? Didn't like election results, so throwing toys out of the pram?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

"Bhaisahab, ye kis line mein aa gye aap"

YumKay
BRFite

Post by YumKay »

Self deleted
Last edited by YumKay on 20 May 2019 03:02, edited 1 time in total.
YumKay
BRFite

Post by YumKay »

Mukesh.Kumar wrote:
ShyamSP wrote:
CVoter predicts UPA-MGB 170 8) . They can easily pull in 100 more. Sonia is planning to to meet Kalam and bid for PM.

Kalam!!????!!!

You mean President Kovind
No no president Kalam onlee ... Ab to parlok me hi pappu ke liye umeed bachi hai.
YumKay
BRFite

Post by YumKay »

Reliable sources are telling me that entire stock of Burnol in India has been purchased by youknowwho and my investment in it's shares has risen by 10000%onlee.
Pappu banega pm. Boohoooo.
On serious note these crazies may trigger riots and other sabotage activities to vent out their frustration. The time between 23 may and swearing in of new govt is critical. Hope MAD are prepared to contain such designs by these death eaters.
Spoke to someone cpmf at polling booth, they mentioned that tomorrow they have to go to Bengal. Now that polls are over, it means only one thing - Bengal might suffer jihadidi as aftermath.

Pappu is seen flying towards unknown planet for more vipasana.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

pankajs wrote:
Karan M wrote:
Who? Time to savor unicorn tears, they are delish. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yes please ... with links to save us time. :P
Here you go both mao/stalin premikas in one twitter shot, Vijaita Singh is extreme Maoist and Shreya Doundial is Stalinist.

https://twitter.com/vijaita/status/1129767366936727558
vijaita singh

@vijaita
May 18
More vijaita singh Retweeted Shreya Dhoundial
Same story in my family. Finally decided to not talk politics at home. Cant tell you the kind of WhatsApp garbage they consume and believe in. I lost count of all the fact-checks, then gave up.vijaita singh added,
Shreya Dhoundial
Verified account

@shreyadhoundial
Kya samay aa gaya hai !!
Impossible to have a civilized political debate even with your family.
My dad has just called me 'Khan Market Gang' and banged the phone on me :(

And response to them from another piglet

vijaita singh Retweeted

Marya Shakil

Verified account

@maryashakil
May 18
More Marya Shakil Retweeted vijaita singh
school and college friends aswell...’no politics talk’ policy is being followed now. It seems one can’t have sane debates anymore. I miss ‘agree to disagree’Marya Shakil added,
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

Cain Marko wrote: Ultimately this is not about how devoted someone is to a particular icon, nobody is judging that. It is mainly about the fact that folks do find certain public statements offensive. If it was a private situation, it would be a different matter. To each their own and all that.

Considering that some of your fellow brfites find your choice of words offensive, would you not as a courtesy, edit them? Just a request that's all.
To be frank, I am concerned not as much with your opinion as I am with Mahadev's opinion. I am sure it would be the same for you and any one else. If you can show that Mahadev himself has been diminished by my post, I'll delete it. If you can show that you somehow represent Mahadev's viewpoint, I'll delete the post. (I am not being facetious here). If the above cannot be shown, it is really a matter of your personal opinion and viewpoint and not Mahadev's (and I think you would agree with this).

My position is that since this a public forum, there is some responsibility on a poster to post carefully, but there is also some degree of judgement required of a poster whether to ignore something or take exception to it. Forum rules govern the interaction primarily; and following that, civility among posters. Conversations like this, for example, would not happen in a temple. That perspective is being lost here. I still dont fully understand why a couple of random posts by a person you dont know would offend you, and you've tried to explain. The term I used is a literal translation of Shiva's name, and that is somehow offensive.

I explained some background about my position with respect to the gods in a previous post but you completely dismissed that as irrelevant. At this point, I think your request is broaching the area of forum moderation (not that it is unreasonable, your request is eminently reasonable but perhaps a bit confrontational and mystifying- my actions on this matter will rest on what you can show in the first para above).
Last edited by SriKumar on 20 May 2019 03:31, edited 2 times in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

this is a paki run channel, possibly in canada, I am not sure about the location and it seems to be dated

https://youtu.be/zlzBMR29v94

Why is there demonizing for Hindus and Modi Ji - Bilatakalluf Discussion with Tahir Gora @TAG TV

g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

chetak wrote:r nob is saying on tv that pappu is leaving for london tonight.
his han friends must have gathered with the good stuff.
I thought he always went to Thailand after a bruising fight for R&R.
Gautam
Theeran
BRFite

Post by Theeran »

SwamyG wrote:
Saffornization is happening. Wait saar.
No need for that I think even though I support bjp. Between the *MK parties TN has had good governance and representation in the central govt. Now I'll be happy if the Muka dynasty goes down and some form of democracy gets into dmk.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

saip wrote:With this hopefully the dynastic politics are over and Rahul will retire to Columbia and Sonia to Italy, Vadra and Priyanka to somewhere far, far away, never to be seen and never to be heard in Bharat Mata.
Saar, from a practical POV, we need RaGa and Vadra to stick around. We want RaGa to lead INC, because every time this childish fellow opens his mouth another 50k votes get assured for Bharat Mata Party. Also, we need Vadras to get stewed very slowly in their own juice of corruptions and money laundering.... Let that stewing stench reach far and wide so that voters come to Bharat Mata Party.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

Looks like someone died

YumKay
BRFite

Post by YumKay »

shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

chetak wrote:this is a paki run channel, possibly in canada, I am not sure about the location and it seems to be dated

Why is there demonizing for Hindus and Modi Ji - Bilatakalluf Discussion with Tahir Gora @TAG TV

Canada. Tahir is a Modi supporter and openly says it. Sometimes he introduces himself as a Hindu born in muslim family.
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

OmkarC wrote:All in all, I hope Chandranna suffers the ignominy of defeat at national and state levels leading to his political wipe-out from AP.
best case for all of india. irrelevancy of telugu states but strong central govt.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

I wish no state irrelevancy ... however I do wish irrelevancy for certain political actors like Chandrababu saar who tried to act smart instead of being a team player.

The best outcome in my view would be a split right in the middle between the 2 main parties involved such that each will fear the others closeness to the center.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

khatvaanga wrote:
OmkarC wrote:All in all, I hope Chandranna suffers the ignominy of defeat at national and state levels leading to his political wipe-out from AP.
best case for all of india. irrelevancy of telugu states but strong central govt.
Political irrelevancy of the RoL votes (of which there are bucketloads in AP) would be most welcome. AP is a key national security issue. It urgently needs a cap, rollback, and elimination of the EJ menace. Having the likes of Jagan on the ropes, and turning off foreign funding, should be done on a war footing in NDA2 - therefore, fervently hoping for "purna bahumat" on May 23. The signs are very good right now.
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

YumKay wrote:
Mukesh.Kumar wrote:

Kalam!!????!!!

You mean President Kovind
No no president Kalam onlee ... Ab to parlok me hi pappu ke liye umeed bachi hai.
:rotfl:
Kya baat kahi. Total rotfl.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

This stunt to do North vs South after IPL final pulled by Brishit Broadcasting flew under the radar on May 12th .
BBC stoops to new low as it pushes its political agenda of creating a North-South divide even in IPL
Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings IPL Final
"In Modi rule how can an Ambani team ever loose ?"
In another incident BBC, which is peddles itself as a respected media organization has tweeted, in a desperate attempt to give a news item a shadow of their strong political bias.

IPL 2019 मुंबई इंडियंस-चेन्नई सुपरकिंग्स: 'मोदी राज में अंबानी की टीम कैसे हार सकती है?' https://t.co/IZDXgkSF0i
— BBC News Hindi (@BBCHindi) May 12, 2019

BBC’s agenda-driven journalism is hidden from no one so it is not exactly a surprise that they chose to mislead their readers on a sports news coloring it with political tones. This is no innocent mistake but deliberate agenda peddling in the middle of elections and such attempts can just be a product of sheer desperation to soothe their political biases or to please their political overlords.

BBC had earlier released a bogus report on fake news. In their report, they accused many reputed news media websites and famous personalities of spreading fake news. In their report titled, “Beyond Fake News”, BBC concluded that the maximum amount of fake news in India was being circulated in the name of nationalism and PM Modi. However, after receiving massive flak from users over social media the report was taken down.

Terming any centre-right organization or personality as fake news peddler speaks lengths of the ‘neutrality’ that organizations like BBC claim to wield.

However, with the advent of social media free run for these ‘journalists’ is no longer possible. This digitization not only helped politicians, journalist and others in connecting with millions with just a click of a button but also opened a two-way street for these millions to voice their opinions independently without interference or screening by any middleman and also to debunk white lies and pushed through these channels.

Loss of monopoly over media didn’t go down well with the elite groups who have now employed a different strategy, to discredit these online communities and personalities. Usage of proxies with ulterior motives to target these communities and personalities which are followed by millions of Indians seems to be the new strategy employed by these elites and their overlords.

Nonetheless, to put biased political colours on sports and other non-political domains is being used as a new tool by a ‘few’ media houses to polarise and mislead voters as India votes in the 2019 general elections. Putting political colours on sports is not only condemnable but also raises questions on foreign organizations trying to meddle with the Indian electoral process.
rpartha
BRFite

Post by rpartha »

SwamyG wrote:
ShyamSP wrote:
Welcome back. DMK sweep? My good case for DMK was 30-35.
Gee thanks :-)
Even NDTV's Sreenivasan Jain is saying there is no sweep by DMK. AIADMK+, that includes BJP, could cross 10+. That is nearly 25% of the 39 seats.

Last one year there was a concentrated effort by DMK and their supporters to paint both ADMK and BJP as anti Tamilians. BJP didnt do much to stop or help ADMK stop - in fact they have aggravated the situation by sending IT raids against ADMK - which made people think that ADMK has become slaves to BJP and they are agaist tamilian interest (done by NGO/DMK). Also letting Dinakaran to contest could be damaging ADMK/BJP. ADMK will still sweep Kongu region, BJP will couple of seats in south (if Raja doesnt win aginast Karti then it is mainly because of poor candidate selection as Kannappan would have easily won it). I still expect PMK to win few seats in the north... Having said that, we have to wait for the election result to understand how it worked.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Does anyone has similar chart for Orissa Assembly polls?
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

Telangana has had an almost 5% dip in voter turnout. It goes to show just how agnostic the thinking is in Telugu states of having a national perspective. I suspect the turnout would be lower in AP if they had Assembly elections a few months ago. The populace in both states is so preoccupied with the Jagan/Naidu/Pawan/KCR crap that there is very little sensitivity or interest in national issues. With the exit of Khangress and the almost zero presence of BJP there seems to be little hope of things changing other than the almost daily cribbing and begging for Special status

hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

UlanBatori wrote:Now that RaGaji appears to have won in Wynad, I assume he will vacate Amethi? Or will be cede Wynad to Left Front and thus put sand in the faces of the brilliant Malloos who elected him? What happened to the vacated seat? #2 candidate wins? If they started setting up bye-elections for all such seats the process may never be over, hain?
saaar, please read up on wayanad lok sabha seat - unlike what you are pointing out, Left has not much chance and Cong is not winning Wayanad because RaGa stood there. The opposite, RaGa stood at Wayanad because that is the Cong bastion seat in the state. As for brilliant Malloos etc, remember all those sea of flags that got mistaken for bakistani ones, but was just 400% secular ones? That is because that seat is a stronghold of the #2 partner in UDF coalition, the Indian Union Muslim League. The IQ level is considered pretty high among IUML voter base and hence your assertion on brilliance is correct.

If RaGa vacates Wayanad, that eternal waste of tax money, a bye-election will happen and the Cong will anoint the next bakra to represent Wayanad

Dilbu wrote:Ulan ullah Al Batori another factor you should consider regarding CPIM in KL is their treatment of party cadre who decide to leave the party or worse decide to be dissidents. These people are getting killed like in the most brutal ways. You would be remembering T.P. Chandrasekharan episode. His body was hacked 51 times into small pieces. They are not so brutal towards even RSS cadre.

So the current lot of party followers are scared to death. The moment BJP raises it's game to be a party with political and muscle power to match CPIM, these folks will shift en masse to BJP. This is similar to what happened in Bengal with TMC.
Dilbu, that lethal clout of CPI-M is not state wide as in WB. It is there in Kannur, Kasargode and to an extent Alapuzha. The bolded part is happening in south and central parts. To the point that 80% (including CK Padmanabhan etc) of state leadership are ex-lefties who fled the party because they were not reddish enough :( I suspect that is one reason why Kerala BJP lacks good leadership.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

How many new voters came into voting age just because of population increase?

Re: Malloostan. If new GOI is any good, they should invoke national security laws in KL and WB and arrest Pin-stinker, as well as Jihadibibi's goon-netas. Make Pin-stinker disappear into gentle care, and the goon structure in KL will collapse. Appoint fresh Polis chiefs and clean up Kannur/Kasargode for starters.
Clean up Kozhikode black money grip, and Kochi real estate mafia.
The time for all these worms is over.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

saar, the general expectation is that current Kerala CM is not going to be around much, due to his health. The hyena pack that is his own party is already licking its chops and figuring out how to replace him ASAP. So if you put him behind bar, things will not fall into place as expected. Another Baron von Douche will take over and things will remain the same. They have to be dealt with by voting and by clipping financial wings. btw, the current CM's sheer stupidity over Sabarimala is charted out to his mortality, you know, "let me get into history books, somehow"

As for cleaning up the businesses of Kerala, none of what you propose will come to a pass, since as per business grapevine the largest political contribution made by a certain big-box retailer based out of gelf, is to specific BJP leaders' poll campaigns.

It needs the Field Marshal to airdrop a rank outsider, AFTER dropping Daisy Cutters on the current crop of weeds that infest the party's leadership
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Nairgolisji pls check e-khat. Interesting times..
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

SandeepA wrote:Telangana has had an almost 5% dip in voter turnout. It goes to show just how agnostic the thinking is in Telugu states of having a national perspective. I suspect the turnout would be lower in AP if they had Assembly elections a few months ago. The populace in both states is so preoccupied with the Jagan/Naidu/Pawan/KCR crap that there is very little sensitivity or interest in national issues. With the exit of Khangress and the almost zero presence of BJP there seems to be little hope of things changing other than the almost daily cribbing and begging for Special status

I don't think the percentage of voting declined as shown. We'll have to wait for final data.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Not forget our friends... UBCN presents the Satta Bazaar update. Seems significantly more UPA-hopeful than the exit polls
In Mumbai, the satta bazaar (betting market) gives 238-241 seats to the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), a punt ditto in Delhi in the 17th Lok Sabha. The betting market predicts 78-81 seats for the Congress in India's financial capital while 79-81 seats in the Capital.

Bookies are bullish on the BJP in Rajasthan and Gujarat too, giving 242-245 and 242-244 seats to the saffron party, respectively. According to punters, 75-80 seats have been projected for the Congress in the desert state while Gujarat's prediction is slightly above at 80-82 seats.

The BJP is ahead in the gambling game in Madhya Pradesh's capital Bhopal too. The city has forecast 246-248 seats for the BJP and 80-82 seats for Congress. Some punters, on the condition of anonymity, revealed that it's complex to accept bets on the NDA or the UPA so they prefer individual party performance.
Can't figure out why these guys are so little moved by the exit polls. Scary! As Supreme HQ asks, who the heck would tell the truth in an Exit Poll?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

is it true congi will get wiped in KL this time and Left will gain 10+
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

huh? RaGa sure thing in Wynad, at least, hain? If Exit Polls are THAT wrong, it's time for lungi-shivering again.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

UBjee, responded!
Singha wrote:is it true congi will get wiped in KL this time and Left will gain 10+
huh#2 ? Almost all polls show Congress doing pretty well and LDF getting shytecanned.

Left currently has 10+, but consensus is that they are going to get a Sabarimala haircut.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Thx.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Interesting the number of pollsters for YCP. Rumor is that Jagan gave 250-300 crores contract to Prasanth Kishore for polling management and promotion in National media. All national media just blindly put big numbers but this time local pollsters also got good money to put good words on YCP to create perception of wave among AP voters towards YCP.

Along with that YCP drove voter cost from Rs500 up to Rs2000. TDP candidates were kicking their own butts to match that number. Even in recent re-polling places in Chandragiri the YCP candidate drove voter cost to Rs3000-5000.

YCP might have spent 1000-2500 crores for this AP election. So if they don't win at least corrupt money got diverted to people (Guddilo mella - meaning some good thing out of bad situation). We need to wait to see for actual results on 23rd.