2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
syam
BRFite

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by syam »

Stock market seems to be more excited than us. Sensex up 1.3k points.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/c ... ate-102076

INC courtiers draw their lances and make a protective circle around The Family, in response to yogendra yadav's "congress must die" statement.
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

The most accurate analysis of the West Bengal voter sentiment is carried here. Especially the vote transfer from CPM to BJP.

Please read in full. Also note what Bengalis think of JLN & Gandhi family :D

https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/oth ... 392738.cms
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

Is CBN becoming India's Mush when it comes to tall claims?

He says he has 1000% confidence TDP will win..
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

Getting lot of Whatsapp Forwards - more of fake i believe that Opposition and Liberals and what not will start Egypt style mass movement post results are declared and will say No to Election Results...

More of a fake stuff i believe as i dont see they have such power and means
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

tsarkar wrote:The most accurate analysis of the West Bengal voter sentiment is carried here. Especially the vote transfer from CPM to BJP.

Sir the article is biased. It still casts the BJP as The Other. It touches upon themes, but the moment it starts using words like "bigotry" it loses me.

Also, 'Bablu Sheikh'? Tea seller in front of Vidyasagar College? I grew up (literally) a stone's throw from where this incident took place. I would take this with a pinch of salt.

The growth of the BJP is partly due to anti-incumbency, but also because people in Bengal are aspiring to the development model promised by the BJP. Historically, Bengal always had a love-hate relationship with the INC. Maybe more than a fair share of hate from partition. That translated into the inital lurch to the Left (not because they were Communists, but because they were non INC).
Last edited by Mukesh.Kumar on 20 May 2019 15:00, edited 1 time in total.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Mukesh.Kumar wrote:
tsarkar wrote:The most accurate analysis of the West Bengal voter sentiment is carried here. Especially the vote transfer from CPM to BJP.
Sir the article is biased. It still casts the BJP as The Other. It touches upon themes, but the moment it starts using words like "bigotry" it loses me.
Also, 'Bablu Sheikh'? Tea seller in front of Vidyasagar College? I grew up (literally) a stone's throw from where this incident took place. I would take this with a pinch of salt.
Reading that presstitute "Samrat Chakrabarti" i get the impression that the word Hindu itself is a swear word for his type.
The write up openly demonizes "Jay Shree Ram" as an alien (read "non-Bangali") swear word which crept into Bengali political lexicon brought in by who else but the dutty naarthies of RSS/BJP.

Once i read the sentence in the writeup "cosplays of Hanumans and Rams" to characterize a Ram Navami celebration in Bengal it struck me that commie bhadralok author of that piece is probably doing a cosplay of his mother & then screwing himself as a daily ritual.

Anyway informative article in many ways on the state of minds of commies in/from Bengal .
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

nits wrote:Getting lot of Whatsapp Forwards - more of fake i believe that Opposition and Liberals and what not will start Egypt style mass movement post results are declared and will say No to Election Results...

Egypt style "mass movement" wet dream are from the ones who think world starts and ends on MSM & twitter. People of India will come on the street for issues, but they also know they have an opportunity every 5 years to have their say.

When they have such an option, they don't see any point in going around destroying the country. We are a 3 trillion GDP and the fastest growing country on this planet. Not some useless middle eastern country. The lot on twitter and MSM can scream revolution as much they want..

Now that "Arab Spring" has destroyed the Middle East, let's see how many in Middle East are in favor of "revolution".
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Lilo wrote:
Mukesh.Kumar wrote:Sir the article is biased. It still casts the BJP as The Other. It touches upon themes, but the moment it starts using words like "bigotry" it loses me.
Reading that presstitute "Samrat Chakrabarti" i get the impression that the word Hindu itself is a swear word for his type.
The write up already demonizes "Jay Shree Ram" as an alien (read "non-Bangali") swear word which crept into Bengali political lexicon brought in by who else but the dutty naarthies of RSS/BJP.

Once i read the sentence in the writeup "cosplays of Hanumans and Rams" to characterize a Ram Navami celebration in Bengal it struck me that commie bhadralok author of that piece is probably doing a cosplay of his mother & then screwing himself as a daily ritual.
Never surprises- Should have checked old chappies antecedents- Fergusson College, Columbia Univ- Journalism, Tehelka, Chindu. Lovely boy. Should read his old articles on FTII, Manipur, anti-Balakot posts (Masterji’s coaching centre of journalism). Makes me want to gag myself.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

CBN and Begum are due for serious pain most 23rd. I will not write off CBN yet. He is in serious s&&t but may end up surprising all of us. That man tried lot of tricks during elections and hope those tricks do not work. Lot of misinformation is also there going around in AP.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Julian_Bashir wrote:Also any recommendation on channels that have least amount of shouting/talking over one another?
Try WION. Practically no shouting.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

The articles by Bengali based commentators and "intellectual" always brings a funny smile on my face. All the moral upstanding and gyaan by these commentators will work to an extent until Bengalis see fabulous roads and rich cities in other states, while nothing worthwhile at home.

Still remember flying from brand new Bangalore airport to "metro" Calcutta airport in early part of 2nd decade.. I was speechless..

Gyaan is only good to read..
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

For Tahir square type movement to succeed. Khan market gang will have to be India. They are not.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Had UPA continued till date, with its corruption and anti hindu politics, then high probability we would have seen arab spring.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

In the context of foreign entities like Netflix going into an overdrive propagating Hinduphobia via that "Leila" depicting a dystopian "Hindurastra" timed to a June 15th release...
Here is a tweet of presstitute Saba Naqvi which caught my eye.
So I get a call from a foreign publication asking me to write about feeling a victim and fearful...
I refuse.
There is no fear folks but pity for the little people who hate...
https://twitter.com/_sabanaqvi/status/1 ... 6539977728
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

#VerdictWithTimes: Mayawati meets Akhilesh, discuss exit polls projections – PTI

LUCKNOW: BSP supreme Mayawati and Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav met here on Monday after exit polls indicated gains for their alliance in the politically important state of UttarPradesh. Cheers Image
ryogi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ryogi »

abhik wrote:
Any clues on why there was a huge uptick in voting in MP? Congi votebase which was depressed in 2014 coming back out to vote? :lungi_shibber:
I was in Bhopal recently, spoke to a taxi driver, he said that farmer community is furious at Cong. They were promised blanket loan waivers, but in the end only smallholders got the waiver. He told me with a lot of certainty that Sadhvi is going to win. That extra turnout is all BJP voters, I'm willing to bet.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

A sharp diff between UP & Bihar
Bihar this time did see some bahubali supporting RJD & JD (U) candidates where as Yogi fixed them in no time .
Hence UP had no bahubali this time
one or two of them like Raja Bhaiaya were under house arrest or given tadi paar .
Yogi has a big role in catapulting return of BJP
His strike rate where ever he campaigns is over 70%
His work in UP has got people rooting for him.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/Justic ... 517634.cms

Justice Markandey Katju: Gandhi a British Agent

Press Council chairman Justice Markandey Katju
Justice Markandey Katju on Tuesday stirred another controversy by calling Mahatma Gandhi a British agent in his latest blog post.
"I submit that Gandhi was objectively a British agent who did great harm to India," he wrote.

into politics.

"By constantly injecting religion into politics continuously for several decades, Gandhi furthered the British policy of divide and rule," Katju said in his blog.

"He advocated self sufficient village communities, though everybody knows that these communities were totally casteist and in the grip of landlords and money lenders. Gandhi was against industrialization, and preached handspinning by charkha and other such reactionary nonsense. Similarly, his ' trusteeship ' theory was all nonsense, and an act of deceiving the people," he added.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

he does have a good point there.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

nits wrote:Getting lot of Whatsapp Forwards - more of fake i believe that Opposition and Liberals and what not will start Egypt style mass movement post results are declared and will say No to Election Results...

such azadi square type movements should be crushed by ordinary middle class themselves as loyalist storm troops armed with kolhapuri chappals.
send the freedom fighters back to JNU and teetar.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

X Posted on the P E S W Thread

S&P BSE SENSEX - Closing

Index Current : 39,352.67 - Pt. Change : +1,421.90 - % Change : +3.75%

Market Capitalization of BSE Listed Co. (Rs.Cr.) : 1,51,85,506.61 - $ 1 / 69.7625

Market Capitalization of BSE Listed Co. (U S $..) : 2,176.74 Billion

Cheers Image
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Singha wrote:he does have a good point there.
katju is extremely deracinated, got a video of his speech at Dehradun law college where he was dissing & abusing Hindus in harshest words, describing how gai can't be a mata, Hindus are full of gobar etc
he also became popular on Pak TVs when he lauded IKhan in great words for releasing Abhinandan.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

his above criticism of Gandhi is on the same lines. he's criticizing Gandhi for being Hindu in culture effectively. Injecting religion into politics, by what means exactly, holding fasts and being an ascetic?
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

India’s Narendra Modi Appears Headed for Re-election, Exit Polls Show
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/19/worl ... polls.html
Mr. Modi’s brand of politics, rooted in Hindu supremacist groups that believe Hindus are the rightful rulers of India, has polarized this heterogeneous country, raising fear and tensions.
As news of the exit polls spread, the people most distressed were India’s minorities. Under Mr. Modi’s government, mob violence against Muslims, who make up about 14 percent, and lower caste Hindus has increased, and the bloodshed often goes unpunished.
Earlier this year, grumbles about his missteps on the economy had been growing, and farmers had protested against his government, saying its policies were making them poorer.
Rahul Gandhi, Congress’s leader and the scion of an Indian political dynasty, had tried to pick up votes by appealing to communal harmony and minority rights. But that seemed no match for Mr. Modi’s aggressive and well-financed campaign machine, which enjoys the fervent support of many grass-roots groups within India’s Hindu majority.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Relieved to see that Librandus & ivory tower experts have not taken any lesson in last 5 years ^^
They continue to refuse to see elephant in the room and hold idiot voters responsible for 2019
Perhaps we are safe for 2024 as well!
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

I think its high time the GOI took strict action against NYT. Banned them and their subsidiaries, allied orgs, even parent orgs from doing business in India. Cancelling the visas of its so called journos and kicking them permanently out of India + existing NYT management, with a permanent tag as hostile to India in file.
This for instance, is a blatant lie. Lower caste Hindus for example, are voting for the current GOI en masse, if the exit polls are correct. And the violence against Muslims or any other group has not increased, if anything firm governance in several states like UP has brought it down.
Under Mr. Modi’s government, mob violence against Muslims, who make up about 14 percent, and lower caste Hindus has increased, and the bloodshed often goes unpunished.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

US news rags should first start writing about how crimes against color people, especially heathens, go unpunished in US before writing about any other country. It's shame that real Indian channels don't write about the reality in US and other white ruled countries when it comes to racism and discrimination especially when it comes to law and justice.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

^ Ban them and give legitimate their claims?

It's a democracy, they can peddle whatever they want, it's upto the electorate to choose what to consume. Quite frankly I'd rather we do see NYT/WaPo's OpEd's. The more noise they make is testament to their jealousy. Remember the big boy space club toon? Strengthens our resolve.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/jyotira ... eststories

so it seems scindia had flown to usa to attend his sons graduation from yale.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^
Right.

Any action will have to be low-key like not renewing visa, etc BUT there are enough NRI/PIO MUTU, especially amongst Academics, who will keep the deluge of hit jobs flowing. Anyway they cannot be stopped being outside the grip of GOI.

Unwinnable fight in the short-term. Modi will not spend political capital on fighting such propoganda except dismissing them just as he did with the @Time piece.
Last edited by pankajs on 20 May 2019 17:22, edited 1 time in total.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

BJP wants Congress govt in Madhya Pradesh to prove majority - PTI
BHOPAL: The BJP in Madhya Pradesh Monday said the Kamal Nath-led Congress government in the state should prove majority in the Assembly.
Cheers Image
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Use legal means. Dont lay down and let the hits keep coming. NYT et al need a wake up call.

If everything is dismissed as unwinnable, you just let the other side continue without any retribution/deterrence hampering their aims.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Y ... es_Company
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_a ... es_Company
https://techcrunch.com/2019/02/06/profi ... -internet/

Subscription based model. Not a dime from India, period.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Fully Posted on the P E S W Thread

Investor wealth soars Rs 5.33 lakh crore as exit polls predict return of NDA govt - PTI
MUMBAI: Investor wealth soared by more than Rs 5.33 lakh crore as the benchmark BSE Sensex sprinted more than 1,422 points on Monday after exit polls predicted a return of the NDA government led by the BJP.
Tracking the sharp uptrend in equities, the market capitalisation of BSE-listed companies jumped by Rs 5,33,463.04 crore Monday.
Cheers Image
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Pratyush wrote:For Tahir square type movement to succeed. Khan market gang will have to be India. They are not.
Check Berkeley Haas School with terms like communal riots India and Angana Chatterji and please let me know if you still feel so happy.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

What I say about the NYTimes is that they don't comprehend Trump voters in their backyard of Staten Island; what of distant lands? They sell an illusion of understanding the world, a very tempting illusion to the literati. Then superpose on that the NYT's specific corporate interests, e.g., for all you might think of the NYT as "liberal" or "Democratic-leaning", they had it in for Hillary Clinton, as a simple census of their stories on her reveals.

Those struck by the long and shady business career of Trump should realize that Trump has lived his entire life in the New York media market, and until he turned politician, he was largely lionized by this very media. So their blindness or corruption, whatever you want to call it, runs deep; and that includes the NYTimes.

I can't dismiss the NYTimes as toothless, but nor would I fear it. I'd say, propagate a healthy skepticism about the news media; they are all just businesses trying to sell you something; and the buyer has to exercise due caution.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

That's how #ABPExitPoll2019 was conducted
https://twitter.com/rishibagree/status/ ... 5010813953

They seem very vigorous in their methodology of projecting especially BJP numbers and get my stamp of approval.
BJP will loose onlee :(( :((
Last edited by Lilo on 20 May 2019 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

UlanBatori wrote:
Pratyush wrote:For Tahir square type movement to succeed. Khan market gang will have to be India. They are not.
Check Berkeley Haas School with terms like communal riots India and Angana Chatterji and please let me know if you still feel so happy.
It's not about and happiness or sadness.

Only confidence that a Modi win totally removes these elites as a factor from political decision making.

Another 5 years and they won't matter.

If the concern is YOU ESS Deep estate. It will be more interested in not pissing off India in place of appeasing such Berkeley hass yidiots.

As self interest is the most important thing for Americans.

So I am not really concerned about such vipers. Now if mudra and GST fail and nclt is not capable of freeing Indian banks. We are phucked.

But that is 3 years from now.
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

KaranM,

This is how some jewish groups handle NYT biased/anti-israel coverage.
https://www.salon.com/2016/02/03/progre ... _coverage/

In my opinion we should cultivate a group of (NRIs)Indians who are well read/researched, eloquent in speech and can think dialectically to take on NYT types locally in US or UK itself. NYT types should be kept busy in their homeland while in India we shouldn't give two hoots about these guys.

During 2014 elections I remember watching a show on NDTV where NYT correspondent admitted that India/Indians care too much about what foreigners (especially westerners) have to say about them. We first need to take away that leverage. You only get respect if you respect yourself.

Knowledge of these reporters/journalists is pretty shallow. That NYT correspondent was of opinion that Indians who wear shirt pant are pro US/West. He mentioned that on the show pointing at Indians sitting in the audience wearing pant shirt.

Bulk of their points fall within range of pure lies/false propaganda to shallow knowledge. Occasionally they will let out their racist tendencies (Ex: when we were successful in reaching Mars in first attempt). Let new India understand and relish their jealousy.

Also, what we need to bring forward in this world is that Hinduism != Religion hence not bad for India and the world. Europeans had bad experience with Christianity and especially church hence they propagate negative views on theology/religion. But thought stream in India as gifted by our ancestor is different. It's time that its resurrected in India and then presented across the globe as an alternate point of view.
Last edited by Sumeet on 20 May 2019 18:26, edited 5 times in total.