2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by nachiket »

At 67.11%, 2019 turnout highest ever for Lok Sabha polls

Suraj saar will be interested in this. Overall turnout in 2014 was 66.4%, which was already a record.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Exit polls are not exact polls, most have gone wrong since 1999: Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu
https://www.thehindu.com/elections/lok- ... 178918.ece

Some analyst said Exit polls are used to influence mostly betting markets and also may be stock markets with a lot of inflation or deflation. News media found another revenue stream during elections.

50% jack-up and 30% discount. After discount buyers feel "hammayya whatever I got is good"
Last edited by ShyamSP on 21 May 2019 03:16, edited 1 time in total.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

aylamrin wrote:
So the 30% ish from each of SC, ST and OBC/General is on offer from the TMC kitty to the BJP? If we can somehow herd the 50% mark of each of these, mostly the SC+ST, to this side, then game is over for Sultana.
According to that graphic, more than 50% of those Hindu groups voted for BJP. It's already game over if that graphic is correct.
65% of muslims voted for TMC, but if muslims are concentrated in certain localities, the non muslim dominated seats are BJPs.
CalvinH
BRFite

Post by CalvinH »

hanumadu wrote:
Kati wrote:This will give the LibTurds a shiver...

Muslims on Exit Polls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxPB1oB80v4
All the reporter did was get a bunch of muslims together and ask some questions. He should have talked to muslims from a wider area to get a more accurate picture.

Pravin Patil says 9% muslims voted to BJP up from 6%, not a whole lot more.
The interviewed Muslims are BJP party workers. They clearly refer to BJP as "our party" and Amit Shah as "our party president". You can see the NaMo pics behind them. Also they are talking about different states like a political worker.

They are a tiny minority within the minority. Their opinion doesn't count.
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

IndraD wrote:https://www.firstpost.com/politics/exit ... 68201.html

It seems likely that Modi’s popularity — that far outstrips that of his party — is a combination of these factors and another phenomenon that is readily overlooked.
This is true and also a problem. The Hemu concept we were alluding to a few weeks ago.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

https://5forty3.in/meterchart_LS.php

The transfer of votes among SP and BSP has been excellent if you go by this graphic, at least in the seventh phase.
It has been better than non yadav OBC and non jatav SC vote transfer to NDA.

So it all depends on relative populations of the various groups and muslim votes.

Do we have such a graphic for other phases as well?
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

BJP will lose onlee :(( :(( :((
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

ShyamSP wrote:Exit polls are not exact polls, most have gone wrong since 1999: Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu

Some analyst said Exit polls are used to influence mostly betting markets and also may be stock markets with a lot of inflation or deflation. News media found another revenue stream during elections.

50% jack-up and 30% discount. After discount buyers feel "hammayya whatever I got is good"
^chinta chacchina pulupu chavaleedu^ as the saying goes in telugu. even though tamarind is dead its sourness hasnt gone yet. he is missing his looter in arms cbn very much.
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

Dilbu wrote:BJP will lose onlee :(( :(( :((
may we all be rewarded for your reverse jinxes Dilbu ji.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

hanumadu wrote:
According to that graphic, more than 50% of those Hindu groups voted for BJP. It's already game over if that graphic is correct.
65% of muslims voted for TMC, but if muslims are concentrated in certain localities, the non muslim dominated seats are BJPs.
Yes #Jihadidi game is over and she knows it. That's why high decibel ChabiLevelIndex 5.0 screaming and violence using state police.
Even they were replaced after Phases 2 onward.

Bottomline is she had lost the people's support. They feel she needs to go.
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

nachiket wrote:At 67.11%, 2019 turnout highest ever for Lok Sabha polls

Suraj saar will be interested in this. Overall turnout in 2014 was 66.4%, which was already a record.
earlier today I read some report in Hindu which said 2019 was 2-3% less than 2014. That moment I knew it had to be better than 2014..
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

ramana wrote: Yes #Jihadidi game is over and she knows it. That's why high decibel ChabiLevelIndex 5.0 screaming and violence using state police.
Even they were replaced after Phases 2 onward.
as per sources on ground, connected to some TMC leaders, bjp could win anything from 12-26.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

ShyamSP wrote:Exit polls are not exact polls, most have gone wrong since 1999: Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu

Exit polls have not been historically accurate, but I would not say they always go "wrong". The problem is people seem to confuse exit polls with opinion polls carried out pre-elections. Even in 2004, it was the pre-election surveys which were horribly wrong. The exit polls actually fixed that to an extent by predicting a hung parliament. Those elections were closer than people remember, and the exit polls actually did kind of predict which way the wind was blowing, although with terrible accuracy.

In 2009, they predicted a close UPA win but the actual scale was much greater, pretty much the same as they did in 2014.

They have never really been good at predicting the scale of a victory. This may very well be the case this time too, although we must wait and see which side they have erred on (a smaller or greater victory for the NDA), especially because a "smaller" victory might turn out to be a defeat in case the entire opposition gangs up against the NDA.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

My hope is that the India Today-Axis poll shows much higher seat share for NDA because this time they threw out the traditional conservatism practiced by these agencies in predicting the seats for the winning coalition, which was the disease which afflicted them in 2009 and 2014. In that case their numbers, though an outlier, may be closer to reality than those of others still following the same methodology as last time.

But of course, till the fat lady sings on May 23, I will continue to shiver in my dhoti and loudly chant, NDA will lose onlee :(( :((
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Since Smritiji will be campaigning for Rajya Sabha, will she be taking up vocal music I wonder (JUST KIDDING! PLS DON'T BAN ME! I am great admirer onlee oph her, but could not associate the healthy magnitude with either SoGa or JihadiBibi, and the Southern Phenomenon is no more.)
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

nachiket wrote:My hope is that the India Today-Axis poll shows much higher seat share for NDA because this time they threw out the traditional conservatism practiced by these agencies in predicting the seats for the winning coalition, which was the disease which afflicted them in 2009 and 2014. In that case their numbers, though an outlier, may be closer to reality than those of others still following the same methodology as last time.

But of course, till the fat lady sings on May 23, I will continue to shiver in my dhoti and loudly chant, NDA will lose onlee :(( :((
Apparently India Today and some other national media pollsters contracted/sub-contracted to same teams as Prashant Kishore-YCP and BJP did for AP survery (maybe Telangana too). * YCP did 250+ crore contract to Prashant Kishore for poll/media management. So same data may be bloated as a few local surveys and a few national surveys. I take at least India Today pre/exit polls with bucket of salt. Basically in AP no voter gave proper answer as there is a lot of money flowed. The surveys are mostly opinions based on how much money is distributed.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

ShyamSP wrote: Apparently India Today and some other national media pollsters contracted/sub-contracted to same teams as Prashant Kishore-YCP and BJP did for AP survery (maybe Telangana too). * YCP did 250+ crore contract to Prashant Kishore for poll/media management. So same data may be bloated as a few local surveys and a few national surveys. I take at least India Today pre/exit polls with bucket of salt. Basically in AP no voter gave proper answer as there is a lot of money flowed. The surveys are mostly opinions based on how much money is distributed.
India Today exit poll was carried out by Axis and they don't have too bad a record. This time they claimed national sample size of 8 lakh. Whether that translates into a more accurate poll, remains to be seen.

If what you say is applicable to AP alone, that will not affect the national picture, since NDA is guaranteed to get 0 from AP and TG anyway. If a situation arises where either the NDA or UPA+MGB seeks to form a government with the support of Jagan and/or KCR, all the exit polls would be proved completely wrong, not just inaccurate.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Karan M wrote:Can expect NRIs to be a force multiplier and file additional charges etc, but not be the primary driver.
Yes, correct. NRIs do not have that kind of pull in the US. More over they are a divided lot when it comes to NYT/WaPo. Many think that these rags are neutral.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Many think of themselves as part of the Anglosphere, and expect fair treatment from it.
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

Some organizations to suopport:

perhaps the "infinity foundation" can mobilize a core group of journalists.

but the real action can be groups such as these:

https://scroll.in/article/668870/new-re ... y-to-india
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

I’m wishing there were zero exit polls, nothing to jinx.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

khatvaanga wrote:
may we all be rewarded for your reverse jinxes Dilbu ji.
ok..since you are new, you may not know how this science works.

when dilbu is doing his thing...you don't quote him. you don't mention r word j word, otherwise said r word j word may not work.

you are only allowed to post after and say "bjp will lose wonlee" :((
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

A_Gupta wrote:Many think of themselves as part of the Anglosphere, and expect fair treatment from it.
A Gupta ji,
You are giving the impression that what is being typed here is for the edification of "Anglosphere" as if we want NYT/WaPo/NPR to change - an totally absurd proposition since they are all direct instruments of US State power.

What we want is for view of Indian's & Indian origin people who visit this forum to change their misplaced positive opinion on there Western rags like NYT/WaPo/Al Guardian etc .

But that should be obvious normally so i dont get why you are raising up a strawman & charging at it while distracting or discouraging others who may want to organise or crystallize an across the board natural(nothing official needed) response to the blatant Hinduphobia of Western liberal media.
A_Gupta wrote:I can't dismiss the NYTimes as toothless, but nor would I fear it. I'd say, propagate a healthy skepticism about the news media; they are all just businesses trying to sell you something; and the buyer has to exercise due caution.
I cant quite agree to this - there is no need to propagate healthy skepticism to *ALL* news media - that is a statement akin to "keep a healthy skepticism" to all religions including your own because of what the Abrahamic faiths have done in the name of religion.

So dont do equal equal or car sales person comparision claiming that all are Cars onlee some are just foreign garbage trucks and i dont have any sense of ownership on them nor do i want to ride them - they are foreign voices.
Hindu voices have been stifled for 150 years since 1857 only now they becoming free we should encourage it not rob them of their credibility - by claiming that they are "selling something" just as Western media are doing when it comes to Hindu issues.

There are many organised Hindu voices coming forth since 2014 after NaMo breached dilli .
I have previously posted a list on them here >> viewtopic.php?p=2348918#p2348918
Better go by believing them to be the closest to Fact unless specific instances are not proven to be so.
The rags of NYT/WaPo etc on the other hand get the slam down based on principle of guilty unless proven otherwise.
No need to be doing equal equalitis when dealing with western media's propaganda concerning Hindu Issues.
Last edited by Lilo on 21 May 2019 07:30, edited 1 time in total.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

A_Gupta wrote:https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/bl ... va-part-1/
by a Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India.
The year 2019 is a significant milestone as the people of India will in all probability endorse Nehruvianism despite everything the exit polls suggested on th 19 th of May 2019.....Despite legally and unconstitutionally untenable and partisan decisions of the Election Commission, India will certainly emerge in the year 2019 a triumphant secular democracy. 72 years after India’s Independence the Congress Party and the several secular regional formations will make the strides necessary to secure the secular comfort conceived by Gandhi and Nehru. The electorate will ensure a triumph for Nehruvianism. The credit for the conception and the sustaining of Nehruvianism must necessarily go to the India’s first prime minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru who steadfastly and relentlessly built the secular foundations of India. Nehruvianism is a project of inclusive democracy of all Indians irrespective of religion, caste, community and language.
Doesnt the fact that the person who wrote above is a "Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India" rob this farticle of any credibility it may implicitly have ?

Higher Judiciary of India is not accountable in India since the Judges appoint themselves. Some adopted court nephew parading himself with the moniker "Senior Advocate" wont shake any tamarinds from this tree is all i want to say.
Last edited by Lilo on 21 May 2019 08:28, edited 2 times in total.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XcHxKzCav8

Please upvote videos and subscribe & follow this channel Upword in youtube.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

banrjeer wrote:Some organizations to suopport:

perhaps the "infinity foundation" can mobilize a core group of journalists.

but the real action can be groups such as these:

https://scroll.in/article/668870/new-re ... y-to-india
The article is a pure Burnol lament. Note the source of the information presented is 'Sabrang Communications' and 'South Asian Citizens Web' - both extreme left orgs particularly dedicated to promoting Hinduphobia and anti-India ideology. The list of contributors and supporters to the SACW site includes Romila Thapar and every article on the front page is about whitewashing Islamic terror (including the Sri Lanka attacks) and perpetuating the myth of Saffron terror or 'minority persecution'.

I say, great. Bring it on!.

Ekal Foundation raised $3 million last year in a single night at the Gala in New York city, chief guest was Anupam Kher.

The tide is turning. It has been a long time coming but it is now unstoppable.
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

Gus wrote:
"bjp will lose wonlee" :((
oh thanks for letting me know Gus.

bjp will lose wonlee :((
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Is it true that both leaders have gone to HQ to get instructions? Modiji to Kedarnath and RaGaji to London/Rome?
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

UlanBatori wrote:Is it true that both leaders have gone to HQ to get instructions? Modiji to Kedarnath and RaGaji to London/Rome?
according to OrKnob papu has left for London.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Lilo wrote:
A_Gupta wrote:Many think of themselves as part of the Anglosphere, and expect fair treatment from it.
A Gupta ji,
You are giving the impression that what is being typed here is for the edification of "Anglosphere" as if we want NYT/WaPo/NPR to change - an totally absurd proposition since they are all direct instruments of US State power.

What we want is for view of Indian's & Indian origin people who visit this forum to change their misplaced positive opinion on there Western rags like NYT/WaPo/Al Guardian etc .
Good you qualified it by "who visit this forum". Because few who visit this forum are a problem in this regard. It is the other millions who have never visited this forum that are the issue.
But that should be obvious normally so i dont get why you are raising up a strawman & charging at it while distracting or discouraging others who may want to organise or crystallize an across the board natural(nothing official needed) response to the blatant Hinduphobia of Western liberal media.
If you feel discouraged or distracted by a one line comment, I don't think this is going anywhere.
A_Gupta wrote:I can't dismiss the NYTimes as toothless, but nor would I fear it. I'd say, propagate a healthy skepticism about the news media; they are all just businesses trying to sell you something; and the buyer has to exercise due caution.
I cant quite agree to this - there is no need to propagate healthy skepticism to *ALL* news media - that is a statement akin to "keep a healthy skepticism" to all religions including your own because of what the Abrahamic faiths have done in the name of religion.
Not a good analogy at all. At a philosophical level, what we have native to India are not religions (a faint glimpse of this is here: http://indiafacts.org/eastern-religions ... n-world-i/ ). The Abrahamic religions - which are really the only religions - peddle truth-claims about the Will of God. Not what Hindus, Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists, etc. do.

The news media do peddle truth claims, too, though not about the Will of God.

Next - any news media that is a business is in it to make money; and so you have to be skeptical of it. Any news media that is sponsored by a government is also worthy of skepticism.
So dont do equal equal or car sales person comparision claiming that all are Cars onlee some are just garbage trucks and i dont have any sense of ownership on them nor do i want to ride them - they are foreign voices.
Hindu voices have been stifled for 150 years since 1857 only now they becoming free we should encourage it not rob them of their credibility - by claiming that they are "selling something" just as Western media are doing when it comes to Hindu issues.
There are plenty of Hindu voices between 1857 and 2019. What is true that most of India's "elite" haven't paid attention to them, captured instead by Oxbridge, Harvard, Yale, and WaPo, NYT, CNN, and so on. If you want these voices to rise then either displace the elite (and also carefully deny NRIs elite status or else deal with the millions who haven't visited this forum who view themselves wholly or partly as part of the Anglosphere. It is quite hard to convince them of malice on the part of the above named institutions.)

Incidentally, the charge NYT, etc., are leading is against populism. Populism in dictionary terms is a good thing: "a political approach that strives to appeal to ordinary people who feel that their concerns are disregarded by established elite groups". The Khan Market Gang/Lutyens elite don't pay attention to the concerns of the ordinary people. Populism is bad only if it is used to come to power, displace the current elite, and then to continue to disregard the concerns of the ordinary people. In western history, populist leaders are considered bad as they usually betray the people; and they expect Indian history to recapitulate western history. I think PM Modi is the better kind of populist.
There are many organised Hindu voices coming forth since 2014 after NaMo breached dilli .
I have previously posted a list on them here >> viewtopic.php?p=2348918#p2348918
Better go by believing them to be the closest to Fact unless specific instances are not proven to be so.
The principles of how to vet a news source don't change. Quality remains important, not just the source. Trust has to be earned. No blank cheques, there are enough scams and con-games going on.
The rags of NYT/WaPo etc on the other hand get the slam down based on principle of guilty unless proven otherwise.
No need to be doing equal equalitis when dealing with western media's propaganda concerning Hindu Issues.
Sarva samachar srota sama bhava!
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Lilo wrote:
A_Gupta wrote:https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/bl ... va-part-1/
by a Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India.
Doesnt the fact that the person who wrote above is a "Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India" rob this farticle of any credibility it may implicitly have ?

Higher Judiciary of India is the fountain head of corruption in India since the Judges appoint themselves this is a widely known fact atleast in BRF. Some adopted court nephew parading himself with the moniker "Senior Advocate" wont shake any tamarinds from this tree is all i want to say.
Seems to me in your world, no one would do opposition research - who all oppose and what arguments they give. Because obviously their farticles represent their incredible corrupt worldview, so why do we have to know about it? We, the omniscient, know it already.

PS: don't worry, I won't respond again to your posts.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

People: Two Knights Errant down already. Everyone is tense. Bredators are circling... :eek:
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Mean while in social media a campaign that "some EVMs are stocked else where and then brought into strong rooms secretly" has been started. The trend I noticed is that rumour mongering in Southern states happen by saying it is happening in some Tehsil in North India.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

A_Gupta ji,
You were doing "opposition research"? - better preface your posts stating so instead of posting them without comment as you did.
I thought you were endorsing aspects of that paean for Nehruvism as you took the care to post that its by a Senior advocate of the Supreme Court ...

Normally i would assume whatever article is being posted without comment is being endorsed by the poster.
So forgive my confusion.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Liloji: I post a lot of articles without comment. Mostly because I DON'T agree with them. Same with Guptaji. I saw the f*rticle by the See-Near AmbuChaser and the title didn't impress me neither.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 21 May 2019 08:18, edited 1 time in total.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Lilo wrote: Higher Judiciary of India is the fountain head of corruption in India since the Judges appoint themselves this is a widely known fact atleast in BRF. Some adopted court nephew parading himself with the moniker "Senior Advocate" wont shake any tamarinds from this tree is all i want to say.
Lilo, I had said this a few times before. When it comes to judiciary in India,
1) please state such opinions in your private profile or twitter handle.
2) Do not speak on behalf of the forum and make it liable

Everyone else, dont make it difficult for this forum to operate. Please co-operate!

(Lilo, next time there wont be any warning. Hope you get it)
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

My apologies Hnair ji,
especially for speaking on behalf of the forum in relation to Judiciary.Wont happen again.
All the opinion in my post is mine only.
My opinion on corruption in Judiciary or the opinion on even it exists or not in Judiciary too i will edit it out in light of your comments.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well now i understand UB ji.
IMHO better post stuff with a comment in it especially since this is a political thread.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Pumpkinji urges party workers not to believe in exit polls
Congress leader Pumpkin G. Vadra has sent an audio recording to her party workers, urging them not to believe in exit polls, amidst the survey predicting a comfortable victory for the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA)
With that I think UBCN needs to Dilbu-ize our prediction to
Maha Gaddha Bahdhan 543
BJP 2 (Wynad and Amethi) 8)