2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by KL Dubey »

nachiket wrote:
KL Dubey wrote: A better/simpler explanation is: where "Anna" goes, "Tammudu" does not go.
Misfortunately, moi being from the land of pawarful looteras, will require a translation. :oops: Anna translates to "big brother" and I'm guessing means CBN? What does Tammudu mean? Little brother?
Yea. The two are related that way by their number of years of corruption.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Kati wrote:
nachiket wrote: Misfortunately, moi being from the land of pawarful looteras, will require a translation. :oops: Anna translates to "big brother" and I'm guessing means CBN? What does Tammudu mean? Little brother?
...may be it meant to be 'Thambi'...., no?
Come on guys, south India is not one language. Google karo bhai.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

A_Gupta wrote:The attacks are building up:
Five more years of Narendra Modi will take India to a dark place
Kapil Kommireddi in the Guardian.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... dark-place
This is such an over-the-top, foaming-at-the-mouth regurgitation of Congress talking points that no self-respecting editor would accept it, clearly abuse of Narendra Modi is an exceptional case.
Theeran
BRFite

Post by Theeran »

Unfortunately this is what will be saved in the internet archives and pointed to after 20 years. For these guys it is important to get their ideas into print for the long game. Like writing in stone for the later generation to discover.
With a suitiably comprised social media these will pop up first on searches.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

A_Gupta wrote:You always have to ask of any media source:
- who is pushing this information as factual? ...
Please look up "contingent truth" in Modal Logic Wikipedia page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modal_log ... ossibility
In the most common interpretation of modal logic, one considers "logically possible worlds". If a statement is true in all possible worlds, then it is a necessary truth. If a statement happens to be true in our world, but is not true in all possible worlds, then it is a contingent truth. A statement that is true in some possible world (not necessarily our own) is called a possible truth.
and
Computer scientists will generally pick a highly specific interpretation of the modal operators specialized to the particular sort of computation being analysed. In place of "all worlds", you may have "all possible next states of the computer", or "all possible future states of the computer".
The status of "contigent truth" can change as more information becomes available. To take an example from optimization, all the constraints may not be available at the start of the program. As more constraints get added, the optimal point in the state space keeps shifting. If any of the later constraints make the fesaibility set a null set, then the "contingent truth" has to be rejected.
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

After NDA1, The bif forces anticipated and created mitigation plan for 1 term out of power occasionally with suitably placed power brokers in bureaucracy, judiciary, media and other places to ensure continuity.

This possibility of going 2 terms out brings in a lot of unplanned scenarios and they are going bonkers.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Please watch the video on tweet link:

https://twitter.com/India_Policy/status ... 71136?s=19

So the official spokesperson of @INCIndia admits that back in 2014, only Barkha was among the pliable journalist for the Party! Good to see that the Party is acknowledging the Services of BDutt https://t.co/PVw6zKOMEm
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

KLNMurthy wrote:
This is such an over-the-top, foaming-at-the-mouth regurgitation of Congress talking points that no self-respecting editor would accept it, clearly abuse of Narendra Modi is an exceptional case.
I do have an umbrage when people give oxygen to idiots like Kapil Kommireddi.

Just ignore likes of KK(K) working for rags like Guardian and move on. In larger scheme of things it is immaterial as long as the Indian economy grows and Indian civilizational goals are fructified.

Here is a past on the murderous turd KK(K)

https://www.thenational.ae/opinion/have ... 43434#full
The Indian Space Research Organisation acts as a lightning rod for criticism from those who ask why such a poor country diverts so much cash into putting satellites into orbit? Kapil Komireddi seeks to answer this complex question.
The economist Jean Dreze linked it to the “Indian elite’s delusional quest for superpower status”.
If you really want to do something, pick up a phone or a laptop and a social networking site (twitter/facebook/whatsapp) and just call out the fact that KK(K) and Jean Dreze are stalinists who want to see poor Indian die by thousands in cyclones hitting India.

Every time they speak negatively about the Indian space sciences they will face the karma of deaths that could be avoided due to advances in space science, including launching rockets.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

BJP will lose onlee :(( :(( :((
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

^Many thanks for the reminder Dilbu'ji. It does help psychologically! In my case, it acts like an anchor otherwise I will be floating and fleeting - an air head like this one:

https://twitter.com/Loneranger9new/stat ... 6335272960

Dr. Loneranger @Loneranger9new

My prediction for 2019 election result:
Congress - 380
BJP - 20
Others - Balance
Rahul will be the PM and that is the writing on the wall.
#LokSabhaElections2019
#MyVoteForCongress
#RG4PM

11:42 PM - 10 Apr 2019

My 2014 predictions were 99% correct, my followers know it very well, this year also my predictions will hold true.

Every idiot who is making fun of me should know that I was the only one in the world who predicted 67 seats for @AamAadmiParty and 3 for @BJP4India when AAP got the landslide victory, even @CvoterIndia failed miserably in their predictions.
Last edited by disha on 22 May 2019 04:32, edited 1 time in total.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Manish_Sharma wrote:Please watch the video on tweet link:

https://twitter.com/India_Policy/status ... 71136?s=19

So the official spokesperson of @INCIndia admits that back in 2014, only Barkha was among the pliable journalist for the Party! Good to see that the Party is acknowledging the Services of BDutt https://t.co/PVw6zKOMEm
I can't believe I'm saying this, but that whole program, despite being helmed by Barkha Dutt, should be watched. It is there on YouTube.

There were so many gems in it.

That congi motorham calling Barkha Dutt as part of the pliable media and crying that they have nobody now :rotfl:

Barkha herself was loudly proclaiming that the msm has become completely irrelevant in India and complaining that both sides accuse the media of being in the other side's pocket.

Shivam Vij losing his cool and start frothing at his mouth revealing the deep frustration these idiots have faced after the exit polls.

Yashwant Deshmukh calling out the ridiculousness of blaming Modi's projected victory on Balakot. He says Modi's approval rating shot up from 50 to 65 post Balakot but came down back to 50 after a few weeks. At that time some idiots in the media jumped at it and shouted about it "crashing down" while ignoring that RaGa's rating in the same period was below 10 :rotfl:

Nice to watch for sheer schadenfreude than anything else.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

nachiket wrote: I can't believe I'm saying this, but that whole program, despite being helmed by Barkha Dutt, should be watched. It is there on YouTube.
Can you share Youtube link ? I couldn't find the video with obvious search terms.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

hnair wrote:India’s fairly decent election process...
Only "fairly decent"? aah, got it. We need Jimmy Carter to certify that they are better than "fairly decent".
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Vayutuan ,
Kellyanne Conway calls it Situational Truth.
I was taken aback when I first heard it.

Picklu You are right. All.those moles in high places will get retired by NaMo 2.0.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I also refuted Nitin Pai saying EC must conduct elections in one day.

Shiv, Data is best argument.
It took 120 days to conduct elections in 1952 with 17.3 crore voters.
In 2019 it took 39 days to conduct elections with 89.8 crore voters.
IOW 3x less time for 5x voters.
Any suggestion to conduct in one day is unrealistic.
https://t.co/w1jBEegoT5
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

KL Dubey wrote:
nachiket wrote: I can't believe I'm saying this, but that whole program, despite being helmed by Barkha Dutt, should be watched. It is there on YouTube.
Can you share Youtube link ? I couldn't find the video with obvious search terms.
Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX8gFECR8uo
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

KL Dubey wrote:
Kati wrote: ...may be it meant to be 'Thambi'...., no?
Come on guys, south India is not one language. Google karo bhai.
:lol: True dat, bro. Fo' shizzle, mah man. Actually,naaah...it is one language: its Madrasi :lol: (runs back into the cave).

nachiket:
that video is ROTFL. Truth is funnier than fiction. THe Congress spokie says about B Dutt in such a matter of fact way, it is top notch humour. Concrete proof that we knew on brf for ages ...that Barkha Dutt (and by extension NDTV) was a congressi mouthpiece while pretending to be an unbiased journalist.
Last edited by SriKumar on 22 May 2019 05:23, edited 1 time in total.
jash_p
BRFite

Post by jash_p »

election result will be looked at by all paki media more than Indian media and they will be giving more time.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

SriKumar wrote: nachiket: that video is ROTFL. Truth is funnier than fiction. Concrete proof that we knew on brf for ages ...that Barkha Dutt (and by extension NDTV) was a congressi mouthpiece while pretending to be an unbiased journalist.
When people pointed this out on Twitter, the barking mutt called it fake news, despite herself tweeting the video which proves it. I kid you not. :rotfl:
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

The rotfl part is the spokie says it in such a matter of fact and casual manner, it is beyond funny. and in front of B Dutt. A real keeper, that video I tell you. :lol:
The spokie also says ' B Dutt and others', I wish she were more explicit about hte others.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

This stuff about “elite seeking superpower status” reminded me, this link posted by rgosain I think:
https://indianexpress.com/article/opini ... i-5739264/

Quote:
And yes, and somewhat surprisingly for me, the rural voter often mentioned that Modi had enhanced India’s standing in the world. I say surprising because I belong to DLLK, and we elite find it difficult to understand why a rural voter should be worried about India’s standing in the world.
That is a cardinal mistake, and vividly illustrates why DLLK got this election so wrong (again, assuming exit polls are right — I believe they will be). This is a changed, educated, aspiring, middle-class India. Those who are not yet truly middle-class (about 50 per cent of the population) want to get there, and want to know the means to get there.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Dilbu wrote:BJP will lose onlee :(( :(( :((
IIRC onlee=onree
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

My long term quest has been how to give ordinary folks, non-scientist, non-Math, non-engineering folks, the means to evaluate ideas for themselves, so I would like to avoid technical words as far as possible. Hence, avoiding contingent truth, etc.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

ramana wrote:Vayutuan ,
Kellyanne Conway calls it Situational Truth.
She messed up the wording - she said "alternate facts" and got trolled.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

A_Gupta wrote:My long term quest has been how to give ordinary folks, non-scientist, non-Math, non-engineering folks, the means to evaluate ideas for themselves, so I would like to avoid technical words as far as possible. Hence, avoiding contingent truth, etc.
I hope that doesn't make it too simple so as to lose any meaning altogether. There rea certain things that have to be understood in the abstract or else there is no understanding at all. They will be simply bunch of words strung together to be syntactically correct.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

We need humor to counter stuff like the CommieRed's piece. Award a prize.
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

ramana wrote:I also refuted Nitin Pai saying EC must conduct elections in one day.

Shiv, Data is best argument.
It took 120 days to conduct elections in 1952 with 17.3 crore voters.
In 2019 it took 39 days to conduct elections with 89.8 crore voters.
IOW 3x less time for 5x voters.
Any suggestion to conduct in one day is unrealistic.
https://t.co/w1jBEegoT5
one day election will be a dream come true for the likes of Mamota and CPM as central forces will be spread and they can run riot. and this time IPL was not shifted out of india like every election cycle.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

A_Gupta wrote:This stuff about “elite seeking superpower status” reminded me, this link posted by rgosain I think:
https://indianexpress.com/article/opini ... i-5739264/

Quote:
And yes, and somewhat surprisingly for me, the rural voter often mentioned that Modi had enhanced India’s standing in the world. I say surprising because I belong to DLLK, and we elite find it difficult to understand why a rural voter should be worried about India’s standing in the world.
That is a cardinal mistake, and vividly illustrates why DLLK got this election so wrong (again, assuming exit polls are right — I believe they will be). This is a changed, educated, aspiring, middle-class India. Those who are not yet truly middle-class (about 50 per cent of the population) want to get there, and want to know the means to get there.
OT but somehow I am impelled to say how grateful I am for that one day many years ago, when in a fit of nostalgia I searched around for the lyrics to some old NCC marching song, and stumbled upon the bharat rakshak page and then BRF.

I now know that all the dreams of Indian greatness and all the frustration at seeing no path or roadmap to the fulfillment of those dreams that I had harbored from my teens onwards unite me with the great glorious mass of my people. I had secretly felt somewhat ashamed of those dreams, because, well, poverty, and I had no right to them. That is no longer the case. No matter what happens on the 23rd.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Folks India Today gave access to the whole AXIS poll at their site and you can go look at all the states and see how they stack up per their poll.
One thing is they categorize tough seats as those with difference of 3% and show which party is leading
for eg. TMC/BJP would mean TMC is leading in the tough seat etc.

I suggest look up Bengal, UP, and AP (Omkar et al).
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

KLNM, in May 2014 you wrote a version of Bhagvatam Sloka and have forgotten it now.

Please sit down and re-create it.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX8gFECR8uo

11:30 congress spokie calls Barkha the pliable media of Congress.
Congress is being plastered by the BIF agents for not performing to the mark.
Not much currency for "EVM manipulation" charge in the discussion. However YoYa and other congies repeat the claim that EC is "shamelessly partisan"- "this time" onlee.
Barkha claims that MSM is on its wayout.
BJP guys feeling bored keep looking at messages int their smartphone as the congie system guys fight amongst themselves blaming this and that.

Anyway this is the trailer to rudali on 23rd in case Modi comes back.
Though he will loose onlee :(( :((
Last edited by Lilo on 22 May 2019 07:41, edited 5 times in total.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

KLNMurthy wrote:
Kudos to you for having the tolerance to read these junk articles. Most of them are written by brown sepoys, and the remaining are people stationed in Dili. Part of the Lutyens and Khan Market.

If you google for terms related to Modi and/or Indian elections, ALL articles from US and UK are totally negative crap about Modi, Indian election processes etc.
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

the rural voter cared to talk about international standing is TREMENDOUS.
I saw some of those clips.

It's not so much whether the standing has improved but the fact that the voter has even cared to bring it up.... It speaks volumes. After that it's only a matter of time the standing rises.

Only a Chaiwala could do it.
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

^^ this means dalals are running for cover
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

less than 24 hours to go for the drop zone. the dimly red lit cabin shows lines of stone faced men in helmets going over their checklists and checking their weapons and bags again and again to pass the time...a few sleep...a few write small letters....

--- Into the Fray ---

Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live or die on this day
Live or die on this day

SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Look at the "Terms & Conditions" :-)))))))))))))))

https://tinyurl.com/IndianElectionResultsInTheatre
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

https://www.indiatoday.in/elections/lok ... 2019-05-21

According to the officials in the Election Commission, it used to take one hour when slips of one VVPAT machine were counted in one polling station per assembly segment. Now, when one VVPAT took one hour, four additional VVPATs will take four additional hours on an average. This would result in a delay of roughly four more hours before the announcement of the results.

Further, this election has seen more than 13 lakh service voters sending in their downloaded ballot through the electronic postal ballot system. Once their votes are received, they will be verified at two ends which will also abet delay. The Election Commission has a two-tier structure to prevent fraud from happening with service voters and the process in time-consuming.

The tallying will take place in special and secure counting booths under the direct supervision of the returning officer and his/her deputy. During VVPAT tallying, intense cross verification will take place which will also result in a delay. For the VVPAT counting booth, an enclosed cabin will be set up with wire mesh to prevent any unauthorised person from accessing the VVPAT slips.
In an exclusive conversation with India Today TV, Deputy Election Commissioner Sudeep Jain had mentioned how an increase in the VVPAT tally would lead to delay in the result announcement. This came in view of Opposition parties asking for VVPAT tally be increased to 50 per cent. The Election Commission in its affidavit had said that increasing VVPAT tally to 50 per cent would delay the result by 4-5 days.

This election will see a rough delay of about 3-4 hours, though early trends will start trickling in by afternoon. So, one can expect the trend to trickle in by noon on May 23. The experts, however, believe that one may need to wait till late night for the final result to be out. The EC has made special arrangement also to check and get early trend and constituency wise trend/results.

Trends and counting of votes will be disseminated through portal results.eci.gov.in starting from 8 AM onwards. Apart from that, real-time trends and results will be available on Voter Helpline App also. This application has been launched by EC this season only.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

seat by seat searchable exit poll data of india today axis . their NDA range is 339-365

https://www.indiatoday.in/elections/lok ... 2019-05-20

this is their overall heatmap prediction

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

is the ADMK not formally part of the NDA in TN ? I think they are , but this poll is giving them nothing and predicting a DMK clean sweep.