2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by ramana »

Can people pick.one news channel each and post updates?

So we don't waste effort and be focussed.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

--- deleted
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Chatter violence in Andhra, Karnataka, and Bengal.expected.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

hgupta wrote:Shocker!!

A news article/opinion praising Narendra Modi in the New York Times!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/22/opin ... ogin-email
Diss with brown people so it is not racist or anti-Hindu. DDM can say see western media is also critical of raising Hindutva.
Praise with white people so it is not racist or anti-Hindu. Modi can say see western media is also praising Hindutva policies.

A Hindu for them is:
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

https://twitter.com/madhukishwar/status ... 49184?s=19
In 2014, I took press clippings & video recordings of @YogendraYadav to file FIR & EC complaint against him.Concerned SHO told me his speeches in Muslim majority Mewat were far worse. But his hands were tied, couldn't take action.Even EC saw evidence I provided but chose 2 ignore https://t.co/5UNcnH9tUm
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

SBajwa wrote:Why not get Supreme Court into inspecting all the elections since 1950 to rule out fraud by Congress?
Ramana Garu issued a dictat so I can't discuss logical flaws in EC point on that case.

But 10 more hours for Rahul Gandhi as PM, all RAW agents are busy to find which beach in the world he is partying on with Columbian stuff that came fresh out of Senor Don Julio coffee house... Coffee house stuff is secret to his no-anger and cool behavior.

Rahul wins only... :(( :(( :((
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

UBCN Flash!
Modi Alliance to get less than 545!
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

And this forum will close as Mamta Di Di will become HM on May 24.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

UlanBatori wrote:UBCN Flash!
Modi Alliance to get less than 545!
BJP will lose onlee :(( :((
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

I guess counting will start at around 8:30 PM where I am. I am hoping to avoid temptation and switch off from SM and BRF, watch a movie and sleep. Then get up a little early tomorrow and directly see the final picture. Will avoid the ups and down and BP problems as fortunes rise and fall during counting. Will be difficult to avoid the temptation to keep checking though and to convince my parents to avoid calling me up to discuss the leads and trends as they are glued to their TV.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Shyamji: I beg to differ on the significance of a few errors in any such VVPAT etc. Unless there is clear evidence of massive fraud/ huge discrepancy the correct response is as u said: "***** U!" Or more elegantly, "S*** it up!"
So yes, there will be errors found or imagined or alleged with no basis tomorrow. <<<YAWN!!!>>>

If they riot on that basis, riots will have to be put down and those who incited riots put inside.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

HUGE problem: Should I go to the Maha Gaddha Bandhan Party Mongolia or the BeeJayPee Mongolia Party tonight? Wonder which one will have better food.

And 4 how long... :shock:
Last edited by UlanBatori on 23 May 2019 02:38, edited 1 time in total.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

Guys - while I know that we can only track & watch how things are going to be played out tomorrow, perhaps we can do something in social media to ensure the attempt at delegitimizing Indian polls can be countered ? Any suggestions on how ordinary folks like me can help ?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Make that graphic to rate each story on the Bark-Bray-Howl-Whine scale, pls!
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

UlanBatori wrote:HUGE problem: Should I go to the Maha Gaddha Bandhan Party Mongolia or the BeeJayPee Mongolia Party tonight? Wonder which one will have better food.

Go to the MGB party early, vigorously proclaim Akhilesh/Behenji is the mahdi, sample all the wares on offer, then complain of stomach ache and leave for the BJP party, vigorously proclaim Modiji is the Mahadev, sample all the wares there and then leave because you actually do have a stomach ache from eating too many samosas, go home, pop a Gelusil and sleep peacefully.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

OmkarC wrote:Guys - while I know that we can only track & watch how things are going to be played out tomorrow, perhaps we can do something in social media to ensure the attempt at delegitimizing Indian polls can be countered ? Any suggestions on how ordinary folks like me can help ?
Relax on that. You mean to say champion of democracy China issues big statement on India? Trump says bad polls?

Like me don't follow twitters, your life will be happy. More violence and riots are in online than on ground.
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

UlanBatori wrote:HUGE problem: Should I go to the Maha Gaddha Bandhan Party Mongolia or the BeeJayPee Mongolia Party tonight? Wonder which one will have better food.

In one the new cool thing is being hung from trees in the other you get dirt and stone rasagullahs.

garv se kaho ham Rahul hain :(( :((
mai bhi Rahul :(( :((
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

hgupta wrote:Shocker!!

A news article/opinion praising Narendra Modi in the New York Times!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/22/opin ... ogin-email
I am taking this to the Indian Economy Thread and hope that Suraj et all will respond. Some serious issues are raised...
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Herman Goering was asked why he joined the Nazi party. He said that he was on his way to join the communists, but the girls were prettier at the Nazi party. But I don’t know how it is outter Mongolia.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

BJP will lose onlee :(( :(( :((
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

RaGa will be PM onlee :(( :(( :((
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

anishns wrote:RaGa will be PM onlee :(( :(( :((
No he won't :evil: Mayawati will :(( :((
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

nachiket wrote:
anishns wrote:RaGa will be PM onlee :(( :(( :((
No he won't :evil: Mayawati will :(( :((
No no no. Priyanka Vadra as PM, Maywati as Raksha mantri, and Mamta Didi as Home Minister. BJP will lose onlee. :(( :(( :((
salaam
BRFite

Post by salaam »

Mort Walker wrote:
nachiket wrote: No he won't :evil: Mayawati will :(( :((
No no no. Priyanka Vadra as PM, Maywati as Raksha mantri, and Mamta Didi as Home Minister. BJP will lose onlee. :(( :(( :((
My humble request. Please let Dilbu Sir be the sole (anti)jinxer.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Mort Walker wrote:Mamta Didi as Home Minister.
That sent a shiver down my spine. :shock:
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Folks, any idea when the results will start coming in for East Coast time? I don't think I can sleep tonight so may have to pull an all-nighter. This is too important to simply turn on the TV in the morning and find out. Have a big day in the office tomorrow too :(

Oh well, can pretend I am on-call :)
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

primusji 10.30 Pm EST
salaam
BRFite

Post by salaam »

Primus wrote:Folks, any idea when the results will start coming in for East Coast time? I don't think I can sleep tonight so may have to pull an all-nighter. This is too important to simply turn on the TV in the morning and find out. Have a big day in the office tomorrow too :(

Oh well, can pretend I am on-call :)
Start 22:30 est. Results by 2:30 EST.

It is my team’s WFH day tomorrow ;)
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

No worry all take medicinal compound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5ak-JkzfKc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lydia_Pinkham

The Polish version of the song sounds esp. good after some slivovitz.
Likewise the Italian version after some grappa. :shock:
Vashishtha
BRFite

Post by Vashishtha »

Long time lurker and I rarely post.

But, the meltdown at r/india is epic! Good ol-fashioned entertainment for those who have trouble sleeping.

Reddit Exit Polls thread
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Deleted
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Mort Walker wrote:
Herman Goering was asked why he joined the Nazi party. He said that he was on his way to join the communists, but the girls were prettier at the Nazi party. But I don’t know how it is outter Mongolia.
Dang! :eek: It is only the fear of u-no-hu that kept me from making that SAME evaluation. :shock: Drunken JNU-grads in either a celebratory mood or utter despair vs. (never mind).
Anyway, any advice on the merits of going dressed as an EVM vs. going dressed as an Exit Pollster pls?
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

UlanBatori wrote: Anyway, any advice on the merits of going dressed as an EVM vs. going dressed as an Exit Pollster pls?
You are likely to be assaulted in either case, regardless of the result. Probably by the drunken JNU grads.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

OmkarC wrote:Guys - while I know that we can only track & watch how things are going to be played out tomorrow, perhaps we can do something in social media to ensure the attempt at delegitimizing Indian polls can be countered ? Any suggestions on how ordinary folks like me can help ?
There is a good OpIndia article that is a copy paste of Quora post explaining the full process of election.

The IIT-IAS election officer explains it lucidly: https://www.opindia.com/2019/05/iit-gra ... ered-with/

You can use that info to knock all stupid claims.

ECI tweeted this, and later pulled it out. People say pressure.
Last edited by SwamyG on 23 May 2019 05:14, edited 1 time in total.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

This link probably has been posted before....this is the official page: https://results.eci.gov.in/

They have cleaned up the UI; and it is refreshing, clean and bold. Hopefully the servers keep up without crashing. They have an android and iOS app as well.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Thanks guys.

Reminds me of the night we watched the India vs Pak ODI in the 2003 world cup where Sachin hit the Rawalpindi Express for a six. We pulled an all-nighter, toasting each boundary with a swig, got pretty drunk by half-time. What a night that was.

And what a night this will be........
salaam
BRFite

Post by salaam »

Primus wrote:Thanks guys.

Reminds me of the night we watched the India vs Pak ODI in the 2003 world cup where Sachin hit the Rawalpindi Express for a six. We pulled an all-nighter, toasting each boundary with a swig, got pretty drunk by half-time. What a night that was.

And what a night this will be........
PrimusJi, Hicksville ke pakora khareed lijiye. Khatam na ho jayein. Go very well with medicine ;)

Also, we have a Jirga near Princeton on 25th. I know it will be a hike, but mentioning in case you wanna come over.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

I think from Every election from now onwards, Election commission(ECI) should get a signed affidavit from each contesting candidate that
1)They have the full faith in current electoral process & rules as enforced by the ECI for this election in which the candidate is going to contest
2)They would not raise any doubts on the outcome post election using the claim that vote bearing EVM's have been tampered
3)Any doubts on the efficacy of EVMs have to raised & addressed before the relevant authorities before the model conduct is enforced ahead of elections

etc

ECI is already getting a signed affidavit from all candidates that "they have true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of India". Above declarations on EVMs can be clubbed to this.
GoI must amend Representation of People act and put this rule in to be enforced by ECI
Last edited by Lilo on 23 May 2019 06:35, edited 1 time in total.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

For what its worth, Axis My India - India Today exit polls got it fairly close for 2018 assembly elections of RJ, MP and CG.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Modi will lose onleeee :(( :(( :((

Mayawati ji will become PM onleee :(( :(( :((