2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
OmkarC
BRFite

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by OmkarC »

SwamyG wrote:
OmkarC wrote:Guys - while I know that we can only track & watch how things are going to be played out tomorrow, perhaps we can do something in social media to ensure the attempt at delegitimizing Indian polls can be countered ? Any suggestions on how ordinary folks like me can help ?
There is a good OpIndia article that is a copy paste of Quora post explaining the full process of election.

The IIT-IAS election officer explains it lucidly: https://www.opindia.com/2019/05/iit-gra ... ered-with/

You can use that info to knock all stupid claims.

ECI tweeted this, and later pulled it out. People say pressure.
Thanks SwamyG..
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Primus wrote:Thanks guys.

Reminds me of the night we watched the India vs Pak ODI in the 2003 world cup where Sachin hit the Rawalpindi Express for a six. We pulled an all-nighter, toasting each boundary with a swig, got pretty drunk by half-time. What a night that was.

And what a night this will be........
:evil: Posts like this increase the need for stronger anti-jinx. Zor so bolo, BJP will lose onlee :(( :((
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

It ends here. It ends today.

The age of kaal bhairava, veerabhadra and mahakali has began....

The gods gather and demand it be so. The flames of the homa reach to the heavens as more ghee is offered...the sky grows dark, the wind picks up and birds and animals scatter....

A circular cloud whirls around Mount Kailasa...
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

60 more minutes for the fun to start.
YumKay
BRFite

Post by YumKay »

Yda yda hi dharmasya glanir bhavti bhartah
Abyuthanam dharmasya tdatmanam srijamyaham
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Primus wrote:Thanks guys.

Reminds me of the night we watched the India vs Pak ODI in the 2003 world cup where Sachin hit the Rawalpindi Express for a six. We pulled an all-nighter, toasting each boundary with a swig, got pretty drunk by half-time. What a night that was.

And what a night this will be........
I remember the 2011 WC, when we won. I do not usually follow cricket. But joined for the finals. IIRC.....
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

I went and bought Samosa, cut mirchi and Johnny Walker (red label). SHQ will make pineapple kesari. As the counting starts I will go for couple of hours to the local theater where about 150 Namo fans are expected to gather, and watch the results come in.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

I don’t think I was so excited or anxious for my 10th or 12th exam results many moons ago. I blame it on Bharat Chowikdar Forum...

Modi will lose onleeee :(( :(( :((
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

In Minneapolis folks have rented a theater to watch the election results live, i am such a nervous wreck, I cannot I go. BRF it is for me. Will history repeat or correct itself today!!!!!
Muns
BRFite

Post by Muns »

It's been too much in terms of emotions as stress over the last month. We all know how important these elections are. I'm trying to rack my brains about a time where so many opposition parties have come out viciously with what ever kind of propaganda, often funded by even international agencies to make sure that one party cannot win. When we look at what the opposition has manufactured in terms of "evidence", the spit and scoot lie approach. The threat of using violence and actually using violence, all to make sure that Modi does not win.

What's at stake for ME when it comes to who wins?

Congress and Rahul Gandhi with their history of church building as well as scams
Chandrababu Naidu and his history of temple looting at Tirupati, Mega Church building. Where did he go wrong? I used to adore this guy for creating 'cyberabad'
Jihadidi and her history of brutal violence and killings as well as mass immigration into Bengal. Muslim appeasement for votebank.
KCR and the breakup of Andhra for his own personal gain, Mega Churches and incredible freebies of free houses for a vote bank.
Behenji and her history of mega statue building to prop up her own coffers. She now states that she wants to be prime minister.
Akhilesh Yadav and running UP for his own Yadav caste politics.
Kejriwal and his long line of defamation cases for sprouting lies as much as he can about the opposition. For which she has had to publicly apologize for.
Kamal Hassan and his anti Hindu agenda, of shouting Hindu Godse was a terrorist to a large Muslim vote bank crowd just for votes.

Only a Avatar can save India from such Goondas, crooks of the highest degree. It is said that every time Bharat was in the time of terrible crisis, one man who was inspired took towards saving Dharma because of the collective consciousness and pain that came up from millions suffering. My opinion is such that, such another time of suffering is great and that Modi while not a Avatar, is pretty close to what is needed.

Jai Hind! I pray the NDA gets another 5 years from the forces of Adharma.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

I was supposed to travel for work this week. But bunked because I wanted to be home to watch.
Hindu civilization is at stake.

Modi will lose onleee :(( :(( :((

What is the use of life onleee :(( :(( :((

I will commit soosai onleee :(( :(( :((
Last edited by KJo on 23 May 2019 07:10, edited 1 time in total.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

Election results watch parties are taking place in Texas, Illinois, Massachusetts, Florida, Washington DC, Virginia, California and other states, mostly with large populations of Indian Americans.

Coming to a theatre in US: Indian election results, live
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

This is all very one-sided. Where are the Maha Gaddhas meeting in US cities please? Who in their right mind ever believed Exit Polls, hain? :((
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

Is there a you tube link i can watch on tv?
salaam
BRFite

Post by salaam »

Katare wrote:Is there a you tube link i can watch on tv?
CNN News 18
https://youtu.be/5Ddwo0kHYuE
salaam
BRFite

Post by salaam »

Breaking: BJD announces support for BJP.
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

Biraders watch the panel on rNDTV hosted by Prannoy Roy
All desh drohis under one roof :mrgreen:

BJP will loose onlee :(( :(( :((
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Katare wrote:In Minneapolis folks have rented a theater to watch the election results live, i am such a nervous wreck, I cannot I go. BRF it is for me. Will history repeat or correct itself today!!!!!
Are you in MSP? I just got ready......I am leaving in 15 mins. I spoke to the organizer....they are arranging a 2000 strong celebration party in 2 weeks.My son has his chess lessons right now. I plan to hang out there for couple of hours....and wing it.
Last edited by SwamyG on 23 May 2019 07:33, edited 1 time in total.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Aree mian....every major channel has their website and "Live TV". You name the channel they have web presence. If you are primarily looking only for youtube, Republic TV might have it.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

Lt Gen Dilbu is leading from the front! All get ready for the final charge today, under the aggressive leadership of Lt Gen Dilbu, anti-jinx artillery brigade! Har har mahadev!
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Finally the day on reckoning for BJP in India and TDP in AP for next 5 years. All the best for Modi and CBN to form governments tomorrow.

Om Namah Shivaya!!!
Last edited by ShyamSP on 23 May 2019 07:49, edited 1 time in total.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

It is Seven O'Clock AM in Ayodhya.

(and Half Past Nine PM south of Dixie, by da way).

Dat Day of Reckoning Has Cometh.

Part A

O ye of steadfast faith, and O ye whose mind and heart are rent by doubt -

Question: Who Is The True King of All Men ? Who is He That is Exalted in Heaven, Earth, and the Netherworld ?
Answer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMINF5u9HU0

If you answered correctly before clicking the link, Rejoice and Take Heart! Thou shall be delivered without fail for the Lawd neva eva fails His people.

If you stumbled, gather thyself up O wretch, and choose your side and your savior without delay or doubt. For Dat Day is upon Us, and all men of decency shalt align themselves on the side of Dharma.

Part B

Exhaust not thyself at this Hour of Judgement by drink, debauchery, or the comfort of thy woman'z bosom.

Instead, Prayze da Lawd and Await His Coming!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re-fvZnTmHc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpD-WR2hc5w

Jai Shri Ram! Bharat Mata Ki Jai! Vande Mataram! Phir Ek Baar Modi Sarkar!
Last edited by KL Dubey on 23 May 2019 07:42, edited 3 times in total.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

I was going to say I am going to be watching rNDTV for the schadenfreude, but I don't want to be Pompous and jinx it. So saare bolo,
Modijee will lose onlee!!! :(( :(( :((
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

BJP going to lose onlee !!!! :(( :(( :((
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I only want to watch a secular Internet channel. Even NDTV is corrupt yindootvadins. Is there a pure CONGi site pls?
Last edited by UlanBatori on 23 May 2019 07:42, edited 1 time in total.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

UlanBatori wrote:I only want to watch a secular channel. Even NDTV is corrupt yindootvadins. Is there a pure CONGi site pls?
Rajya Sabha TV :rotfl:
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Another installment on nothing wrong with EVM from India speaks daily. Any given day way better than paper ballots which takes lot of time and makes protection job a nightmare.

https://youtu.be/9p-oxmt6gJo
https://youtu.be/ZfOCaVDfWRA

Others:
https://youtu.be/b-taNQAmV1s
https://youtu.be/Ums1DoICA4Y
https://youtu.be/K0i_xwQGGqI
https://youtu.be/OfyhiPMWZGY
Last edited by darshan on 23 May 2019 07:57, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Oh that's it! Scrap the election!

India election: 500 masked men with guns and machetes snatch voting machines. Officials ambushed as they carried polling equipment through jungle
The new attack occurred on Sunday as officials travelled to the hill-top Koloriang constituency to re-run the poll following allegations of severe malpractices during the first vote in April.
But despite the robbery, the new election still took place on Tuesday as planned after a new team of officials were sent with replacement machines, Inspector Garg said.
The Election Commission did not respond to a request by Reuters for comment.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 23 May 2019 07:52, edited 1 time in total.
Nsmith
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Nsmith »

Last push -

BJP will lose onlee :(( :(( :((

NDA will lose onlee :(( :(( :((

Congress and thugbandhan will win onlee :(( :(( :((

All hail king RaGa! :((
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

RaGaRaGaDaGadhaRaGaddhaGaddhaGaddhaGaddhaGaddhaGaddhaGaddhaGaddha!
20 minutes to go.. as the vultures hover in the noonday sun over Ulan Bator and the fragrance of gaddhabar permeates the air. Crows cawing "Ra! Ga! Ra! Ga!"
YumKay
BRFite

Post by YumKay »

Nahi lagi doooti. Thank God for making extra reserve category.
Popcorn cold drink on ... Show me the results...

Ramana sir aaj ban mat karna please. Agar galti see mistake ho jaaye to bhi ban me tomorrow but not today.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Just saw an ndtv video from a couple of days back where Sagarika Ghose was loudly demanding that RaGa should rejine if Congress gets less than 60 seats. :rotfl: I've watched more ndtv (on youtube onlee) in the past few days than in the last few years.
CalvinH
BRFite

Post by CalvinH »

All the best to my fellow BRFites here....as India starts a walk towards a new future!
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

SwamyG wrote:
Aree mian....every major channel has their website and "Live TV". You name the channel they have web presence. If you are primarily looking only for youtube, Republic TV might have it.
Actually most of the channels have live youtube feed. NDTV, Republic, AajTak, India TV, you name it
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

7 minutes to go

या देवी सर्वभूतेषु बुद्धि रुपेण संस्थितः
नमस् तस्यै नमस् तस्यै नमस् तस्यै नमो नमः

It's all in the Mother's hands now.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Good luck brothers!! Hope krishna had whispered wisdom into voters this time, paving the way for Ram rajya.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

The seeds have been sown, now we just have to wait and see if it will be a bumper harvest, or if we have to borrow from the World Bank. Good luck fellow Rakshaks!
Thakur_B
BRF Oldie

Post by Thakur_B »

salaam wrote:Breaking: BJD announces support for BJP.
Sauce?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

2 minutes 48 seconds. UBCN calls election for RaGa.
YumKay
BRFite

Post by YumKay »

2 minutes to go....