2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by hanumadu »

I am sure I am vouching for many Indians when I say that the last 2 or 3 years were spent by most of us in apprehending the possibility of Namo not coming back. Today is a big relief.

Also time to take a break from SM after savoring the result for a couple of days.
arvin
BRFite

Post by arvin »

National herald case coming up for hearing in August in SC.
The best bjp did in waYanad was in 2014 getting 80000 votes. This year no candidate there. Strategy??
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

hnair wrote:
Sachin wrote: As a Keralite; my take is that BJP should keep pushing in KL but ultimately it is for the people of KL to decide. I don't think BJP made in roads to states like WB or Tripura without years of hard work. Kerala BJP also lacks good local leaders who can run the show (RSS is strong in KL, but they don't have many "politicians" around). The only way I see BJP winning in Kerala, is BJP able to clearly tell the average Keralite chap what it has done in other parts of India and how it can bring some benefit to people of KL. Please note, due to large funds coming from the expatriates, money or poverty is not a big time problem in Kerala. KL needs a special treatment, executed through capable BJP leaders based out of KL. I am sure Amit Shah et.al know the situation in Kerala, so I may be preaching to the choir here.

Kerala was a bummer for NDA - huge victory for Cong led UDF. 19/20 seats with 9 out of 20 candidates winning with 1 lac plus margin, including RG (who won with 2.x lacs). A lot of commies got humbled, including that beef-freak, the insufferable MB Rajesh

Four seats of interest to BJP:

- Thrissur: Maybe I am biased, but my award for best BJP performer goes to Shree Suresh Gopi, a popular movie star (and a well-wisher of an initiative I am part of!) did a stunning blitzkrieg in Thrissur constituency, known to be a minority bastion. His Deep-battle thrusts were phenomenally effective, even among minorities, as I had opportunity to witness first hand, in that he got almost 2 lac extra votes. Hopefully his services as a jernail is used more, instead of being Rommalized by moribund BJP state leadership!

- Pathanamthitta: Shree Surendran came third at Pathanamthitta, addding a lac and 60k votes despite adverse caste equations and against sabotage by a segment of state BJP led by the state president, the asinine Sreedharan Pillai! Very creditable achievement by Surendran, due to his selfless stance in Sabarimala fracas

- Trivandrum: Despite the strongest BJP presence in the state, Dr Tharoor handily won in Trivandrum, as expected, due to his long-running focus on development projects around the district and also due to his pro-Sabarimala stance (the only uber-liberal to support the Ayyappas' POV in national media), which found favor with caste-elders. The margin is 1 lac votes over, Shree Kummanam, the BJP candidate. Shree Kummanam was not like Shree O Rajagopal (who is very popular) and has done nothing tangible for the constituency yet. When the Sabarimala issue was reaching its peak, he was serving as Governor in Nagaland and that did not help him to lead the struggle. Hope he gets involved deeper, than just live here! There are enough development issues too, to haul both Cong and Commies across coals, starting with solid-waste management fiasco on wards!

- Kochi: Shree Alphonse Kannanthanam failed miserably in the catholic dominated Kochi constituency, as expected. This leftist-masquerading as BJP has made himself into a buffoon with his antics and statements. If anyone cares to talk to him, he will immediately mention his closeness to the current Chief Minister. Was a left supported MLA in past elections.

My wishes
- Shree Kummanam must be made a minister of state instead of being made to stand in the assembly bye-poll at Vattiyoorkav, coming up due to the vacating of Shree Muraleedharan MLA after his win against the Commie psychopath, P Jayarajan*. Suresh Gopi should also be credited for his fantastic performance in some way.
- Shree Kannanthanam should NOT be in the next ministry, for multiple reasons of incompetency as a minister and a human.
- State BJP leadership be halaled without mercy, for squandering a once-in-life opportunity like Sabarimala and a new younger leadership be allowed to come up
Quite agree with your assessment. The change needs to start right from the top., have been a witness to some of the BJP "leadership" s antics, somehow they haven't quite been able to rise above their petty mindset and backstabbing.. am not surprised by the results, they could have had Thiruvananthapuram had they gunned for Tharoor.. it was a quite reachable goal. Also won't be surprised if some BJP factions voted for Tharoor !!!!
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

1 Rahul Gandhi Indian National Congress 400834 0 400834 43.93
2 Smriti Irani Bharatiya Janata Party 453482 0 453482 49.7
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

. S.Y. Quraishi
Verified account

@DrSYQuraishi
Follow Follow @DrSYQuraishi
More
Results declared 188 after counting of approximately 6600 vvpats. Still no mismatch. Great going.
chaitanya
BRFite

Post by chaitanya »

Republic is talking about foreign funding sources of left media and the nexus between media and congress!
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

nits wrote:Any guess in what Cabinet changes Modi will have;

I guess Piyush Goyal will be FM
Sushma will be out; Jaitley can be External Affairs
Rajnath will continue as HM
Gadkari can be Agri or Defence
How about Gen. VKS for defence?
prasannasimha
Forum Moderator

Post by prasannasimha »

Jaitley is not well
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

shekhar gupta
https://theprint.in/india/how-modi-shah ... se/239602/

3. “Love and tolerance” sound wonderful and heart-warming, but in a congregation of the faithful. Voters need a positive offering. For Congress-Rahul, it was NYAY. It was too complex, too late. In 10 weeks of travels across India during the campaign, I did not find one likely beneficiary who had even heard of it. Happens when you have a scheme designed with incredible clumsiness — happens also when you ask French-Left economists to game the poorest Indian voter. Data shows that nearly half the voters did indeed hear about NYAY, but they were the upper half. So those who were to get NYAY knew nothing about it. Those who were to pay for it mostly did. You can add it up. :rotfl:

5. With the exception of Kerala and Punjab, the BJP march has only been stopped by regional parties. This includes Tamil Nadu. Kerala is early days for the BJP, though the devastation of the Left is opening up that space. In Punjab, you see a stark truth play out that Congress usually detests: A state leader who can win by himself, even stop a wave. This makes the BJP’s strategy easy: Target directly the states where the Congress is the main rival. Go sign up regional forces elsewhere. Watch out for YSRCP in Andhra and KCR in Telangana going ahead. Naveen Patnaik in Odisha is a deal already half done. :twisted:

7. Modi critics will never give him the credit for it, but his government was incredibly efficient at the delivery of key welfare programmes. I had written two articles recently: One on the five areas on the economy/infrastructure where BJP had done phenomenally better than UPA-2, and the second on the four reasons that put it ahead of the competition. Two among these are the electoral equivalent of killer apps: A pan-national upper caste vote bank that counters lower-caste/minority combinations and very low inflation, which anaesthetised joblessness and individual economic distress in the short term.

8. In the past five years, the Congress party’s high point wasn’t so much its wins in Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan as running Modi so close in Gujarat in the winter of 2017. It made two things evident: One, that rural and farmer distress were hurting BJP voters. And two, that since Modi had no quick fixes, he would switch to a three-point campaign of nationalism, Hinduism and corruption-busting, with the first as the central prong. This is where his challengers failed. I can write a whole article on this and may be some of you an entire thesis. But you cannot fight the still-young Indian nationalism with the woolly-headedness of the European Left. I bet you a meal anywhere, including in Khan Market (sorry Modi ji, if it’s a copyright violation) that too many of the geniuses who inserted those promises to repeal the sedition law, dilute AFSPA and Aadhaar live in another country, if not another planet. Indira or Rajiv Gandhi would be aghast. Is it a good idea to liberalise these laws? Editorially, yes. But then go get your votes from editorialists. :rotfl:

9. One highlight of our travels during the campaigns over the past decade is a rising aversion of the young to dynastic entitlement and elitism. From Gujarat to Tripura and Jammu to Thiruvananthapuram, one consistent view is: Nice guy, but Rahul has no experience yet. Why did he not handle a ministry and learn when his party was in power for 10 years? Non-committed voters are more brutal: What does he do to earn his living and fund his lifestyle? I’d also love to be a trained diver, pilot, martial arts black belt. But how would I pay for it? How does he? As we’ve been saying for a decade now, and recording in my ‘Writings On The Wall’ series, India is seeing the rise of a generation of post-ideological, I-don’t-owe-you-or-your-parents-nothing generation. Very few go to JNU. They just compare earthy, self-made Modi deservingly living it up now with Rahul merely living out his elite entitlement. :((

11. Modi plugging his achievements is fine. Rahul can counter him. Show me when Rahul listed UPA-2’s formidable achievements. T.N. Ninan had listed these in his usual pithy 500-odd words. Between 2009 and 2014, 10 Janpath, egged on by the extra-constitutional centre of power NAC, spent five years undermining its own government because the durbaris couldn’t stand outsider Manmohan Singh winning a bigger second term. I had then called it the Congress party’s auto-immune disease, a withering condition when, as we know, a body’s immune system turns on itself. That hasn’t changed. :roll:

We can sum up as follows: Conventional wisdom has it that the loser learns more from defeat than the winner. Between the Congress and the BJP, they’ve reversed that logic.
RKumar

Post by RKumar »

BJP won 194 out of 319. To secure 2/3 majority mark is #362. Lets see if NDA can get it, projected #349.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

https://www.timesnownews.com/india/arti ... tch/423900

muslim women sing a song praising bjp for bringing the TTT bill - this should be made into law with a joint sitting of the house and various non-NDA supporters imo
Parasu
BRFite

Post by Parasu »

Dilbu wrote:Rahul Baba losing in Amethi to Smrithi Irani will dent the image of the la familia more than anything else in the recent past. This is not even a sentimental one off defeat handed by people. BJP and SI have been consistently challenging RG inside and outside the Parliament and this was a much publicised and anticipated battle. The larger than life image of Nehru family has been destroyed forever.
+1
Also, the dharmics have gained sufficient confidence to challenge these dynasts in their dens. And ruthlessness to pursue till victory.
We should see a tougher candidate in Rae Bareli too next time.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

And thus UBCNews closes out another thumping win for the Predictor-Corrector System: Note that we were first to say "360" when the dhoti-shiverers were shivering 240, and we downsized early to 355.
I think it will reach 360 with a few defections, soon.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

Although I don't post often.

We will see a change of ruling party in next WB assembly election.
RKumar

Post by RKumar »

It was a great and lonnngggg day ... time to go back to my cave!! Gnite!!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

i was wondering where this turd was among all the floaters in NYC.
sure enough - here he is

Pankaj Mishra
How Narendra Modi Seduced India With Envy and Hate
The prime minister has won re-election on a tide of violence, fake news and resentment.
1h ago
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

Biraders! why is BGR website down?

Did I miss something? :shock:
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Singha wrote:well one brf senior member who is banned for now was arrogantly (I feel) telling us from other states that keralites vote with their head and hearts not on basis of jati/dharma and other bourgeois vices that the rest of india are all supposed to do . keralites are hence special and need house to house visit and pampering to vote for good of the country.
LOL, all my mallu buddies are the same as us. Same emotions, same vices, same to same.

One dude in YT Chatbox on Republic
manu r nair​ humkobi thoda bachaloji plzzzzzz...
Mark my words.. KL has kept the cultural torch flying for a long while and it too will go saffron. :D
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

1 Rahul Gandhi Indian National Congress 410819 527 411346 43.82
2 Smriti Irani Bharatiya Janata Party 466116 916 467032 49.75
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
Congratulations to Prime Minister @NarendraModi and his BJP party on their BIG election victory! Great things are in store for the US-India partnership with the return of PM Modi at the helm. I look forward to continuing our important work together!
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

During the end vote of thanks session for his team members doing 18-hours continuous election coverage Arnob announced that in another 1 year Republic Media will launch on global level and take established media head on.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Kati wrote:
SBajwa wrote:What happened to all those Jyotishis and their stars against NAMO? Paid by congoons?
No one knows for sure about NaMo's exact birth time. All Jyotish depends on that saar.
(May be only Mataji Jashodaben knows.)
One guy worked it out and called it correctly. :eek:

But hats off to Dilbu anti-jinx!
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

UlanBatori wrote:And thus UBCNews closes out another thumping win for the Predictor-Corrector System: Note that we were first to say "360" when the dhoti-shiverers were shivering 240, and we downsized early to 355.
I think it will reach 360 with a few defections, soon.
Hats off to
Incredible UBCN
&
Sure Shot Dilbu Sir Jinnx
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Anujan wrote:I still haven't heard a reasonable non conspiratorial analysis on why the family still dominates and why there has been no Coo against them.

It's clear they can't win elections. It's clear Rahul Gandhi has no political abilities whatsoever. Why are they still on top?
Most likely dinero, and also because they are a recognizable brand and face. The rest of the congress regional satraps are all local herrows only.
A Nandy
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by A Nandy »

And meanwhile....back at the tired old ECI counting station, BJP won 210(so far), leading in 93 :D
http://results.eci.gov.in/pc/en/partywise/index.htm

Hats off to the election machinery of this nation.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

1 Rahul Gandhi Indian National Congress 410819 527 411346 43.82
2 Smriti Irani Bharatiya Janata Party 466116 916 467032 49.75
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

1 Rahul Gandhi Indian National Congress 412867 527 413394 43.86
2 Smriti Irani Bharatiya Janata Party 467598 916 468514 49.71
chaitanya
BRFite

Post by chaitanya »

^ 303 seats... what a great win :D
Modi+Amit Shah combo did a balakot on scamgress, thugbandhan, left and paid media with this victory
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

I think Modi jee just trolled IK on Twitter while reciprocating on his good wish.
dipak
BRFite

Post by dipak »

So, finally Dr Patil, Chintamani and Sabyasachi etc all are HERO not ZERO ...
Tremendous hard work put to paid in almost accurate results!

Also, that family astrologer of Motilal Vohra should take a hike to the cave in Kedarnath.

Officially, ek nai aazadi is declared now, dhanyavaad to Primus ji.

May we all gather here again in 2024 and witness an even greater mandate for Modi ji ...Bharat Mata ki Jai!
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Singha wrote:https://www.timesnownews.com/india/arti ... tch/423900

muslim women sing a song praising bjp for bringing the TTT bill - this should be made into law with a joint sitting of the house and various non-NDA supporters imo
They are sounding/looking very non enthusiastic. Still, even a few % points of votes from them is good enough.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

KL Dubey wrote:Vidhan Sabha elections:

Arunachal: It will be BJP/NDA coming with a majority for the first time.

Odisha: Looks like BJD will continue, with BJP getting a decent number of seats.

Andhra: Chandranna booted out, the other fellow is coming with a large majority.
Good lesson for taking BJP head-on. 4 forces worked to defeat him

1. BJP - all effort to defeat Naidu including supporting YCP fully.
2. YCP - Pulled Reddy and SC consolidation to win. Dent into TDP BC votebank
3. JenSena - Worked like 2009 PRP by pulling Kapus away from TDP.
4. BC - Looks like traditional BC voters moved away due to Kapu BC reservation politics. (In the end No Kapus and No BCs - Na ghar ka Na ghat ka)

Naidu let his own shadow get caught and he is no Hanuman to come out of Simhika.
Last edited by ShyamSP on 23 May 2019 23:44, edited 1 time in total.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

sooraj wrote:Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
Congratulations to Prime Minister @NarendraModi and his BJP party on their BIG election victory! Great things are in store for the US-India partnership with the return of PM Modi at the helm. I look forward to continuing our important work together!

Taarif or tariff?
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Congrats to all who predicted 350 to NDA.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Karan M wrote:
Kati wrote:
No one knows for sure about NaMo's exact birth time. All Jyotish depends on that saar.
(May be only Mataji Jashodaben knows.)
One guy worked it out and called it correctly. :eek:

But hats off to Dilbu anti-jinx!
KM Sinha went online and declared that if Modi last, he'd give up Jyotish. He predicted 280-300 for bjp and turned out correct. Namo has massive neechbhanga and Kendra trikona Raj yogas active until 2023. And if I have the correct kundli correct, this will continue in his Mars Dasha thereafter for 7 years.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

NDA-250-97
UPA-79-37
BJP-219-84
INC-39-13
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Cain, so 2024 also a given then. :mrgreen:
After 2029, Yogi, Yogi, Yogi?
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Karan M wrote:
Singha wrote:https://www.timesnownews.com/india/arti ... tch/423900

They are sounding/looking very non enthusiastic. Still, even a few % points of votes from them is good enough.
Well if it's towards the end of the day in Ramadan, their low energy levels could be explained.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Karan M wrote:Cain, so 2024 also a given then. :mrgreen:
After 2029, Yogi, Yogi, Yogi?
:lol: Bharat just turned the corner. We can expect a golden age post 2024 although it might start off modestly. Haven't seen Yogi's kundli but they say for yogis, it is not so meaningful. It's kind of true about modi as well cause some of his transits are downright difficult although the transit of Jupiter back into Scorpio late April must've surely helped.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

ShyamSP wrote:
KL Dubey wrote:Vidhan Sabha elections:

Arunachal: It will be BJP/NDA coming with a majority for the first time.

Odisha: Looks like BJD will continue, with BJP getting a decent number of seats.

Andhra: Chandranna booted out, the other fellow is coming with a large majority.
Good lesson for taking BJP head-on. 4 forces worked to defeat him

1. BJP - all effort to defeat Naidu including supporting YCP fully.
2. YCP - Pulled Reddy and SC consolidation to win. Dent into TDP BC votebank
3. JenSena - Worked like 2009 PRP by pulling Kapus away from TDP.
4. BC - Looks like traditional BC voters moved away due to Kapu BC reservation politics. (In the end No Kapus and No BCs - Na ghar ka Na ghat ka)

Naidu let his own shadow get caught and he is no Hanuman to come out of Simhika.
Looks like Jenasena screwed 6 out of 8 north coastal MP seats mentioned here for TDP. (Twitter source so Not sure final numbers are declared or not)