2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by ShyamSP »

Karan M wrote:Cain, so 2024 also a given then. :mrgreen:
After 2029, Yogi, Yogi, Yogi?
No option for Grihasta people? :roll:

Unmarried Rahul is also qualified you know... :D
sreerudra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sreerudra »

aylamrin wrote:
nits wrote:Any guess in what Cabinet changes Modi will have;

I guess Piyush Goyal will be FM
Sushma will be out; Jaitley can be External Affairs
Rajnath will continue as HM
Gadkari can be Agri or Defence
How about Gen. VKS for defence?
Jaitely must go - Subbu should be the FM and Sushma and Jaitley should be sidelined and Prasad be made FM
Nirmala should be continued to be Defence Minister - our Nari Shakti is vast
I want Smriti back as Edu and with her as a facade, let Real History teaching begin.
sreerudra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sreerudra »

ShyamSP wrote:

Rahul will be the MP of Tihar constituency in August elections in SC sir!
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

ShyamSP wrote:

We need warrior monks. Yogi is a guess of mine, in that he is a black horse who is coming up the same way as Modi did in terms of having the oppty to transform a state, absolutely kattar in terms of not being pushed around, and also with the discipline of an ascetic, non privileged background.

The kind who'd shake hands with some foreign mem PM with an iron grip, be completely nonchalant about his orange robes and have back to back business meetings. Modi v2.0.
sreerudra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sreerudra »

ShyamSP wrote:
ShyamSP wrote:
Good lesson for taking BJP head-on. 4 forces worked to defeat him

1. BJP - all effort to defeat Naidu including supporting YCP fully.
2. YCP - Pulled Reddy and SC consolidation to win. Dent into TDP BC votebank
3. JenSena - Worked like 2009 PRP by pulling Kapus away from TDP.
4. BC - Looks like traditional BC voters moved away due to Kapu BC reservation politics. (In the end No Kapus and No BCs - Na ghar ka Na ghat ka)

Naidu let his own shadow get caught and he is no Hanuman to come out of Simhika.
Looks like Jenasena screwed 6 out of 8 north coastal MP seats mentioned here for TDP. (Twitter source so Not sure final numbers are declared or not)
Are you that sure about BJP supporting YCP? Tell me BJPs lack leadership and inability to attract talent. Had they booted Venkaiah early on, more reddy's would have joined BJP than the YCP.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

So what is the final tally? Cant get that clearly anywhere.
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

Love this fight put on by Modi/Shaw/Bhakt log. I always thought Modi will come back but with a dented majority, but, the results made this Jingo kush. I'm not too worried about southern states and WB. It will be a matter of time before dharmic principles start to show results in these areas.

I am a little worried about AP electing a violent EJ factionist as the CM. This rouge and his ilk will bode bad news for dharmic in general. I hope in the future, TDP gains some sense and aligns itself with BJP and other dharmic principles if it wants to stay relevant. Somebody, please tell me I might be over-reacting over Jagan and his EJ gang.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

sreerudra wrote:
aylamrin wrote:
Jaitely must go - Subbu should be the FM and Sushma and Jaitley should be sidelined and Prasad be made FM
I want Smriti back as Edu and with her as a facade, let Real History teaching begin.
I have bad vibes about SuSwamy ever coming into the GOI. His egotistical statements about being rewarded with FM post would likely not have gone unnoticed. Nor his quasi-threats if that weren't done. Never mind his jibes at JetLee who is a personal friend of the PM and suffering from a very severe illness.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

NDA-273-74
UPA-81-35
BJP-239-64
INC-39-13
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

SBajwa wrote:
A_Gupta wrote:Need Dilbuforce on Pak Economic Stress thread declaring
“Pakistan will not go bankrupt onlee :(( :((
I second that!! along with Do not destroy pakistan!
Pakistan paindabad.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Karan M wrote:
ShyamSP wrote:

We need warrior monks. Yogi is a guess of mine, in that he is a black horse who is coming up the same way as Modi did in terms of having the oppty to transform a state, absolutely kattar in terms of not being pushed around, and also with the discipline of an ascetic, non privileged background.

The kind who'd shake hands with some foreign mem PM with an iron grip, be completely nonchalant about his orange robes and have back to back business meetings. Modi v2.0.
I was kidding only. Grihasthas get caught in Putravatsalyam.

I like Yogi more than Modi precisely for this reason as he presents himself as simple and honest man just by look of him. Modi presents himself in some cases as if he is doing some theatrics especially after he became PM (or media may be project him like that).
Last edited by ShyamSP on 24 May 2019 00:19, edited 1 time in total.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

sreerudra wrote:
ShyamSP wrote:

Rahul will be the MP of Tihar constituency in August elections in SC sir!
Could very well be, his Rahu Dasha just started and not too well it seems. Maybe he'll land up going abroad for good now and possibly get hooked up to a phirangi . Of course all depends on whether publicly available kundli information is accurate.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Karan M wrote:
sreerudra wrote:
I have bad vibes about SuSwamy ever coming into the GOI. His egotistical statements about being rewarded with FM post would likely not have gone unnoticed. Nor his quasi-threats if that weren't done. Never mind his jibes at JetLee who is a personal friend of the PM and suffering from a very severe illness.
Yeah swamy might've shot himself in the foot with that outspoken mouth. Heard him on Rsjiv Malhotras channel being quite dismal about bjps chances. However, he is always supportive of modi.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

sreerudra wrote:
aylamrin wrote:
Why this hate for Jaitley ji? He has done nothing to deserve this. Subbu swamy on the other hand is a loudmouth and nothing more. Only reason Jaitley will step down is his health. Piyush Goyal is perfect to step in.

Gen VKS can be made MoS Defence while NS continues in top post. I have feeling those two together can make a difference. Unfortunately we do not have Parrikar Sir any more, who was the best DM we ever had.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

NDA-276-70
UPA-83-33
BJP-243-60
INC-39-13
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Anujan wrote:I still haven't heard a reasonable non conspiratorial analysis on why the family still dominates and why there has been no Coo against them.

It's clear they can't win elections. It's clear Rahul Gandhi has no political abilities whatsoever. Why are they still on top?
Sunk costs.

Congressis invested everything in the Family: ideology, character, reputation, actual business investments. Coo would mean more than getting rid of physical presence of Family, they have to reinvent Congress. They have to start over from zero, and write off all those years of investment. Even if they do that, they will have a hard time against the challenge of answering how come they got enlightened only noe, and why should anyone believe them.

Their best chance would be try and sneak into BJP as some have already done.

When you build an entire career (sometimes over generations) it is not easy to wipe it out and start from scratch. That too in public life.

Does anyone really think Congressis have the mojo to achieve all that, that too after their minds and souls have been sucked dry by Family?
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

For there to be a coup against the first family there needs to be one or more leaders with a decent mass following and influence within the INC. But there is no such person left? The Gandhis (and SG in particular) made sure anyone who could possibly become a threat was sidelined and kept down while the "high command" was populated by grade A sycophants.

Forget a coup, if RG and SG do a mea culpa and actually step down themselves, who will fill their shoes? INC is a like an old battered ship with multiple holes in the hull and anyone with an ability to fix it has long since escaped in a lifeboat or been thrown overboard. They have to trust that their captain can turn things around or sink. Hence the pervading slavish mentality among pretty much everyone in it towards RaGa and PV.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

NDA-279-66
UPA-74-32
BJP-246-56
INC-39-13
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Pagalika having another melt down on live TV. Looks she'll shocked. rNDTV trying to act as if they are part of INC and trying to solve INC problems and strategise for them
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

:lol: Arnab is trolling Renuka Chowdhary really bad. Looks like she is going yo cry. Lol.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

:rotfl: :rotfl:

For those unfamiliar with Mumbai, Churchgate is the southernmost railway station in the city.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

NDA-284-61
UPA-85-31
BJP-251-51
INC-40-12
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

anishns wrote:lol interview
I actually am feeling pity for Renuka :lol: :lol: :lol:
remember that she is the one who sabotaged the Bhim artillery project using a paki owned south african magazine alleging corruption in deal with denel and you will feel less pity. folk like her should be in jail.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

nachiket wrote:For there to be a coup against the first family there needs to be one or more leaders with a decent mass following and influence within the INC. But there is no such person left? The Gandhis (and SG in particular) made sure anyone who could possibly become a threat was sidelined and kept down while the "high command" was populated by grade A sycophants.

Forget a coup, if RG and SG do a mea culpa and actually step down themselves, who will fill their shoes? INC is a like an old battered ship with multiple holes in the hull and anyone with an ability to fix it has long since escaped in a lifeboat.
It has to be a coup of colonels. Congress first family is wise enough to not have any Lt Gens in their ranks. Only powerful factotums (Vincent George, Ahmad Patel, ..) and colonels. If North Indian regional chaps, Gehlot, Scindia, Pilot, Kamalnath, Captain get together and demand procedural and leadership change, it can happen. There is no hope from South Indian colonels, as there its beneficial to strike out on their own as there is a market for regionalism. In the North, there is no such market, so its better to stay within the Congress umbrella. But watch how in every state, there is a colonel and a commissar. :rotfl: Gehlot - Pilot. Scindia - Kamalnath. Captain - Siddu etc. This ensures that there will never be consensus for change within a state. If Congress tally had reduced to less than 40, the conclusion would be inevitable. A tally of 52, or God forbid, 55.. is good enough to prevent change, bad enough that change is really required. They are in liquid oxygen.

On twitter, the international neo colonialists are in a melt down. There is revulsion at the Indian finally throwing out the British way of thinking 70 years after the British themselves were thrown out. Its delicious to watch.. But dont look if you are easily upset by such racism. I have never seen the Western gaze on India epitomized by articles in Guardian, NyTimes, WaPo, sundry personalities etc. becoming so powerless.

While Congratulations are in order, power comes to those who know how to exercise it. At least from a cultural and religious point of view, the first term was a long period when we could hear the dinner ware clink, but no meal was forthcoming. In this term, I feel, Modi ji should achieve the following:
1. Free Hindu temples from Govt. loot.
2. The same rights given to minority institutions need to be given to Hindu religious, educational and cultural institutions as well.
3. Abolish Art 35A.
4. Stop the Jaziya on Indians by reestablishing the Central University status of AMU and Jamia Milia.
5. Increase the resources directed at Ujjwala & electricity connections. Piped water may be another promising scheme, but from this point on, I feel, welfare will have increasingly fewer returns. Electorates have a 'what have you done for me lately?' attitude, which is normal and expected.
6. Free our secondary education from the 'Western Gaze', a western way of looking at ourselves. If we are finally to be free in all senses of the term, I think this is needed yesterday.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

Rahul M wrote:
anishns wrote:lol interview
I actually am feeling pity for Renuka :lol: :lol: :lol:
remember that she is the one who sabotaged the Bhim artillery project using a paki owned south african magazine alleging corruption in deal with denel and you will feel less pity. folk like her should be in jail.
What happened to Surpanakha ? Did she continue to live in Lanka?
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

Modis trumps Reagan: growing to 50% share is tremendous when you have so many alternatives.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Turdesai claiming credit for predicting Modi wave. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

https://mobile.twitter.com/sardesairajd ... 9005947905
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

KLNMurthy wrote:
Anujan wrote:I still haven't heard a reasonable non conspiratorial analysis on why the family still dominates and why there has been no Coo against them.

It's clear they can't win elections. It's clear Rahul Gandhi has no political abilities whatsoever. Why are they still on top?
Sunk costs.

Congressis invested everything in the Family: ideology, character, reputation, actual business investments. Coo would mean more than getting rid of physical presence of Family, they have to reinvent Congress.
Weren't we told Congress is much more tougher on Pakistan than BJP because Cong has to prove they they are nationalists. I believed this stupidity till balankot happened.

The family dominates because most of the media, historians, secularists were raised by them... And most indians grew listing to this lies . Anyone who used to challenge this was named and shamed.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

NDA-288-59
UPA-85-31
BJP-254-49
INC-40-12
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Karan M wrote:
ShyamSP wrote:

Before we come to the topic of next leader after Namo, please bear in mind that Namo is once in a lifetime leader. It is inevitable that the next leader will be compared to Namo and that is where it starts becoming problematic. Namo is a unique specimen with extreme political cunning and accumen including timing, patriotism, imagination and natural connect with masses. Few politicians in any era can replicate this combination.

Now coming to Yogi ji. He has his advantages and he has his disadvantages. His foremost advantages are personal integrity, combativeness and dutifulness towards dharma. On administrative front his main achievement has been implementing Namo's schemes extremely well on the ground.

But the question is how much of a political animal he is? How much imagination and capabilities he got both political as well as administrative? These are the questions which he will have to answer in order to climb the ladder.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

The colonels you mention are themselves dynasts. The Mughals and the British ruled through the mansabdari system and the INC runs the same way. I don't see a way out at this stage for the Cong. The second problem is the ideology. In its early days the Congress ideology was nationalist and not anti-Hindu inspite of Nehru. It started changing from the time of IG when she gave the left an ideological carte blanche. A lot of water has flown down that river since then. I don't know if the ship can change direction. May be abandoning it is a better solution.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Congress party breaking in KA, MP & WB!
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

by SudeepJ
If North Indian regional chaps, Gehlot, Scindia, Pilot, Kamalnath, Captain get together and demand procedural and leadership change, it can happen. There is no hope from South Indian colonels, as there its beneficial to strike out on their own as there is a market for regionalism. In the North, there is no such market, so its better to stay within the Congress umbrella.
Scindia, Pilot, Kamalnath, MI aiyar, were brought into politics by Rajiv Gandhi (they were his chums in Doon school). and thus they owe to Sonia!!

Only Gehlot and Captain are independent of the Maino family!
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

a friend of mine is very upset at CBN loss. Can guys from AP please explain
asbchakri
BRFite

Post by asbchakri »

sudeepj wrote:
nachiket wrote:For there to be a coup against the first family there needs to be one or more leaders with a decent mass following and influence within the INC. But there is no such person left? The Gandhis (and SG in particular) made sure anyone who could possibly become a threat was sidelined and kept down while the "high command" was populated by grade A sycophants.

Forget a coup, if RG and SG do a mea culpa and actually step down themselves, who will fill their shoes? INC is a like an old battered ship with multiple holes in the hull and anyone with an ability to fix it has long since escaped in a lifeboat.
It has to be a coup of colonels. Congress first family is wise enough to not have any Lt Gens in their ranks. Only powerful factotums (Vincent George, Ahmad Patel, ..) and colonels. If North Indian regional chaps, Gehlot, Scindia, Pilot, Kamalnath, Captain get together and demand procedural and leadership change, it can happen. There is no hope from South Indian colonels, as there its beneficial to strike out on their own as there is a market for regionalism. In the North, there is no such market, so its better to stay within the Congress umbrella. But watch how in every state, there is a colonel and a commissar. :rotfl: Gehlot - Pilot. Scindia - Kamalnath. Captain - Siddu etc. This ensures that there will never be consensus for change within a state. If Congress tally had reduced to less than 40, the conclusion would be inevitable. A tally of 52, or God forbid, 55.. is good enough to prevent change, bad enough that change is really required. They are in liquid oxygen.

On twitter, the international neo colonialists are in a melt down. There is revulsion at the Indian finally throwing out the British way of thinking 70 years after the British themselves were thrown out. Its delicious to watch.. But dont look if you are easily upset by such racism. I have never seen the Western gaze on India epitomized by articles in Guardian, NyTimes, WaPo, sundry personalities etc. becoming so powerless.

While Congratulations are in order, power comes to those who know how to exercise it. At least from a cultural and religious point of view, the first term was a long period when we could hear the dinner ware clink, but no meal was forthcoming. In this term, I feel, Modi ji should achieve the following:
1. Free Hindu temples from Govt. loot.
2. The same rights given to minority institutions need to be given to Hindu religious, educational and cultural institutions as well.
3. Abolish Art 35A.
4. Stop the Jaziya on Indians by reestablishing the Central University status of AMU and Jamia Milia.
5. Increase the resources directed at Ujjwala & electricity connections. Piped water may be another promising scheme, but from this point on, I feel, welfare will have increasingly fewer returns. Electorates have a 'what have you done for me lately?' attitude, which is normal and expected.
6. Free our secondary education from the 'Western Gaze', a western way of looking at ourselves. If we are finally to be free in all senses of the term, I think this is needed yesterday.
Well i'm fine with Rahul baba he is doing a excellent job and i'm sure BJP ... i mean Congis agree with me :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

A foundering ship has only one direction to go. DOWN.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Boss dil maange more.

Need another 20 seats to get 2/3rd majority. Time o to revamp Constitution
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

abhijitm wrote:Congrats to all who predicted 350 to NDA.
8)
Thanks!
At beginning of campaign I had predicted
BJP = 310
NDA = 360

Congratulations to BRF, results proved those cautioners wrong who under the garb of wellwishers (ruminating THAT BRF IS ECHO CHAMBER) were posting khan_market gang & lutyens media sourced links.

I am off to REMIND THAT JERK SIDDHU HIS PROMISE, SIDDHU SAID:
"I will quit politics if rahul gandhi loses Amethi" :rotfl:

Jai Hind
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

NDA-290-57
UPA-85-31
BJP-256-47
INC-40-12
asbchakri
BRFite

Post by asbchakri »

darshhan wrote:
Karan M wrote:

Before we come to the topic of next leader after Namo, please bear in mind that Namo is once in a lifetime leader. It is inevitable that the next leader will be compared to Namo and that is where it starts becoming problematic. Namo is a unique specimen with extreme political cunning and accumen including timing, patriotism, imagination and natural connect with masses. Few politicians in any era can replicate this combination.

Now coming to Yogi ji. He has his advantages and he has his disadvantages. His foremost advantages are personal integrity, combativeness and dutifulness towards dharma. On administrative front his main achievement has been implementing Namo's schemes extremely well on the ground.

But the question is how much of a political animal he is? How much imagination and capabilities he got both political as well as administrative? These are the questions which he will have to answer in order to climb the ladder.
Well he just need someone like Amit Shah on his side and he will do good.