2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
syam
BRFite

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by syam »

I want to fist bump @Lilo saab.

You deserve some real credit on these forums for defending sangh and modiji. At one time, it looked very bleak. the 'core' myty crowd hijacked our space. I hope they are having their own burnol moment now. :D

BTW #tnrejectsbjp trending on twitter now. I guess mallus join in few mins. And then telugus. :lol:
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Singha wrote:
sum wrote:The kind of weird comments by Mallu and Tamil brothers on all the social media outlets are truly weird and somewhat disturbing.

Somehow, Karnataka seems to be out of S.India as per them since it voted communal this time and didn't defy evil North party
KA has had bjp govt well before 2014 I believe. also not much prone to the Ararararaa EJ nonsense and rice bag convertism nor the high funda "we are more intellectual onlee" posturing of KL/WB neither the dravida politics and caste wars of TN.

in that sense KA is a core central indian hindu state like MH, MP and part of undivided AP. heir to the mantle of vijaynagara and part of the fabled narmada godavari hindu kingdom core zone.

the only place I see swarming with sikulars, liberandus and liberandys and EJs is bengaluru :(( geographically blr is part of TN than KA. I have cycled across the TN border here many a time just 18km from my house.
Also parts of KA have historical memory of suffering under Nizam and Razakars. Like Telangana. Post-Polo, supposedly there were massive reprisals against Muslims in the KA and MA portions of Nizam's Dominions, a lot less in Telangana.

Andhra, TN, KL don't have this kind of history.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

KOLKATA: BJP leader Roopa Ganguly on Thursday said that BJP would have won more seats in West Bengal had Trinamool Congress (TMC) not resorted to violence and pressurise the masses in all the seven phases of elections in the state.

"People are tired of Mamata Banerjee in West Bengal. Had the elections been held in a fair manner BJP would have won more than 30 seats here that is what Banerjee was afraid of, hence the violence in all seven phases," Ganguly told ANI here.

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/69457778.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

It looks like Maa Kaali rewarded modiji 1 lokshaba seat for each asura head.
:P Somewhere on internet.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I have taken the liberty of opening two long term threads - one on WB and one combined TN+KL thread as the fight between dark and light will escalate in the next few years.

while i am not much knowledgeable about the internal workings of the TN+KL society, I can surely contribute my share to the WB thread.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

pankajs wrote:Foreign Liberandu also in a meltdown on Modi's election! I did not realize Modi generates such visceral response abroad. Seems our Liberandu virus has been transmitted abroad.
The viruses have always been in sync. Where do you think the local chapter gets their cues from?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

uskumar wrote:Lot of people here in Chennai are upset about the win of. Bjp as there was large anti modi and anti bjp propaganda. They foresee lot of issues for TN due to bjp perceived North Indian tilt. Separatist seeman's party and anti Hindu kamal are posting 3 to 5 percent in most seats. Kamal party did pretty well in 3 Chennai seats.

Bjp will need to focus on Tamil nationalism bordering on seperatism prevailing in TN now. Also I think complete decimation of admk is better for bjp and they will need to work on it.

I typed a response but it got wiped out.

TN people got deluded and chose to vote for a party which is not supporting a nationalist wave.
Since Pulwama and Balakote there is a nationalist surge which all TN missed.
This despite the hero of Nowhshera was from TN. He went alone and shot down the pride of PAF.

Yet TN chose not to vote for ADMK which is clearly aligned with a nationalist party.
So on what basis they can have a grievance?

Days of blackmailing center are over. If they make their bed they should lie on it. Especially they drove hard nails into the bed.

Anyway its Lok Sabha election. The govt is still there. They have time to support the proper choice.

DMK could see the wave but chose to act in own selfish interests aligning with Sibbal Naidu led group.
Telangana stepped back from the brink and elected 4 MPs. One of them will be in Cabinet.

Why so much foolishness in not electing even one BJP MP who can support TN interests at Center?
What will DMK do other than scams at center?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I give tribute to Brig. RayC who opened my mind to seeing the necessity of returning Bengal to mainstream. I am sure it will happen in Assy elections.
Sicanta
BRFite

Post by Sicanta »

The voting percentage to BJP by , often liberandus quoted, 'cow belt'/'BIMARU' states despite opposition coming together certainly marks the end of old casteist politics. More than 50% everywhere.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

bengal was one of the core places where the hindu renaissance started and has contributed countless martyrs, patriots, freedom fighters, reformers, intellects , revolutionaries and writers.

its return to the fold will be a tremendous boost.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

Singha wrote:bengal was one of the core places where the hindu renaissance started and has contributed countless martyrs, patriots, freedom fighters, reformers, intellects , revolutionaries and writers.

its return to the fold will be a tremendous boost.
Recently when I saw the gory picture of a poor teenage BJP karyakarta hanging from a tree after being murdered, made me realise how far Bengal has fallen away from the righteous path. This after all was the land from where 16 year old Khudiram Bose came from.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

TN has a strong anti-hindi streak and a strong pro-Tamil (as in the language) sentiment.

TN is one of the areas where the number of people who learn hindi as a second language is quite low, and actually had a lot of anti-hindi agitation. In the 60s, anti-hindi agitation was the primary reason why Congress never again won the state and DMK came to power. Note that several stalwarts of DMK were from Tamil movie/drama/poetry industry. Karunanidhi himself comes from the background of writing movie dialogs and plays in Tamil. MGR comes from theater, later movies. Even stalwarts like Cho Ramaswamy are from play/movie/books/essays background. Tamil Nadu has a big history of people involved in tamil literature getting into politics. Oratory, word play, debate in Tamil still plays a big part in Tamil Nadu politics. To win Tamil nadu, you must be seen as "Tamil". To be seen as "tamil" you should be able to joust verbally in Tamil.

BJP is seen as a "northern" party, DMK and ADMK seen as "Tamil" parties.

Congress is seen as a "northern" party too: A lot of people made fun of Pappu speaking with a tamil translator.

BJP will win TN only if there is a strong tamil speaking branch set up in Tamil Nadu. Congress was able to do that, with Kamraj and later with Moopanar.

One curious thing about Tamil Nadu, is that a lot of people are literate and Tamil Nadu boasts among the largest concentrations of Hindu temples anywhere in India. Also boasts the largest circulation of Hindu spiritual weekly magazines (in fact it is a big cottage industry). Big contingent of people go to Sabarimala, Palani etc. However, pro-Tamil (the language) sentiment trumps religious sentiments.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

syam wrote:I want to fist bump @Lilo saab.

You deserve some real credit on these forums for defending sangh and modiji. At one time, it looked very bleak. the 'core' myty crowd hijacked our space.
Bump back Syam garu,
I didnt do much especially knowing karyakarta's & volunteers who worked in this baking hot May Sun.

That said i would like the 'core' myty(more yindoo than yindoo) crowd who withdrew their support to NaMo in 2019 or earlier to take part in the celebrations because NaMo will be going to implement 100% Hindutva agenda . Apart from the direct cultural issues mentioned in manifesto - even vikas without appeasement is also Hindutva agenda.

See how the UP/Bihar caste calculations collapsed once people realized that NaMo's central govt doesnt discriminate on caste/creed/region/language while transferring benefits of central schemes.
Those who were supposedly caste votebanks(and stayed away from BJP in 2014) too voted in 2019 to NaMo with that fond hope & belief.
Yesterday Himanto Biswa Sarma ji let slip few details (talking to NDTV) Modiji touched upon in the NDA dinner called together by AS before the day election results were declared.
NaMo said to his allies in that dinner that a post Jati Hindutva coalition is our main goal now.
Iam was happy that he touched something close to my heart.
Last edited by Lilo on 24 May 2019 13:35, edited 5 times in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

What's myty?
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

myty is more yindoo than yindoo
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

I live in Chennai, TN is going through a huge drought, ideal situation for anti incumbency. Plus DMK used huge cash reserves in these elections. These conditions were too much too overcome this time. In 2014 DMK INC came 3rd in all but 1 seat. Plus Amma being out AMMK etc. These made the situation on the ground very favourable with 5-8% fence sitters voting for AMMK etc. I dont think such a situation will repeat in 2021 or 2024.
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

Anujan wrote: BJP is seen as a "northern" party, DMK and ADMK seen as "Tamil" parties.

Congress is seen as a "northern" party too: A lot of people made fun of Pappu speaking with a tamil translator.
Yet, Hema Malini wins again from Mathura and Nirmala Sitharaman is our first female Raksha Mantri.

Unfortunate that "Tamil Thaai Vaazhthu" takes precedence over "Jana Gana Mana" sometimes...
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Manu wrote:
Anujan wrote: BJP is seen as a "northern" party, DMK and ADMK seen as "Tamil" parties.

Yet, Hema Malini wins again from Mathura and Nirmala Sitharaman is our first female Raksha Mantri.

Unfortunate that "Tamil Thaai Vaazhthu" takes precedence over "Jana Gana Mana" sometimes...
Yes and likes of Rajinikanth, MGR are considered "Tamil". One is Marathi from Bangalore and the other one is Keralite from Ceylon.
chandrasekaran
BRFite

Post by chandrasekaran »

All this talk about TN having the largest number of temples etc are delusional at best. You must dig deeper to find how they are managed and the results would shock anyone. There is a huge majority there, across the caste spectra, that takes money and votes.

IMHO here's what I would do suggest.

#1. DMK has a virtual monopoly on the media (print and TV) and kollywood. This in turn helps them message the TN psyche 24x7. This needs to be broken. The mafia family's financial empire need to be targeted along with one or two (Raja and Maran) be successfully prosecuted. We need to find a creative way to choke their money spinning enterprises (media, kollywood and TASMAC suppliers)

#2. Go big time behind the FCRA and other sources of funding to the xtian mafia. Pursue and obtain prosecution against one or two "Poralis". While the Jehadi's are obviously a national threat, their electoral influence is limited to a few pockets. The crypto's though are seeing alarming growth. For example, South Chennai.

Once the above is done.

#3. Give tacit and overt encouragement to the Aadheenams big time. I am of the firm opinion that the non-upper-caste Hindu Mathams have done yeoman service in KA. We need to replicate that in TN as well.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

Manu wrote: Unfortunate that "Tamil Thaai Vaazhthu" takes precedence over "Jana Gana Mana" sometimes...
Saar, this is a long term project that's being coming along since at least the 1880s. Take for example Bishop Appasamy, who was active in the 1910s onwards till he died in 1980. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aiyadurai ... n_Appasamy

You cannot dismantle 100 years of propaganda in 5-10 years, unless if you're deplying Cheeni tactics.
jaysimha
BRFite

Post by jaysimha »

pankajs wrote:Foreign Liberandu also in a meltdown on Modi's election! I did not realize Modi generates such visceral response abroad. Seems our Liberandu virus has been transmitted abroad.

Not giving any publicity to anyone of these.
From what I see,, their heartburn started and multiplying manyfolds since

> Modi declared 21 June as yoga day. they cannot stand on the idea even a remotest land in south america people doing Yoga in peak winter.
>Mangalyaan of isro suceeded. even now toilet paper brings the referece to isro in a big way and prints stetements from "not to be named" persons for any action taken in the border.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ramana wrote:Chetak Look at this in Bengal

https://twitter.com/swapan55/status/113 ... 48032?s=19

noted saar.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Anujan wrote:TN has a strong anti-hindi streak and a strong pro-Tamil (as in the language) sentiment.

TN is one of the areas where the number of people who learn hindi as a second language is quite low, and actually had a lot of anti-hindi agitation. In the 60s, anti-hindi agitation was the primary reason why Congress never again won the state and DMK came to power. Note that several stalwarts of DMK were from Tamil movie/drama/poetry industry. Karunanidhi himself comes from the background of writing movie dialogs and plays in Tamil. MGR comes from theater, later movies. Even stalwarts like Cho Ramaswamy are from play/movie/books/essays background. Tamil Nadu has a big history of people involved in tamil literature getting into politics. Oratory, word play, debate in Tamil still plays a big part in Tamil Nadu politics. To win Tamil nadu, you must be seen as "Tamil". To be seen as "tamil" you should be able to joust verbally in Tamil.

BJP is seen as a "northern" party, DMK and ADMK seen as "Tamil" parties.

BJP will win TN only if there is a strong tamil speaking branch set up in Tamil Nadu. Congress was able to do that, with Kamraj and later with Moopanar.

One curious thing about Tamil Nadu, is that a lot of people are literate and Tamil Nadu boasts among the largest concentrations of Hindu temples anywhere in India. Also boasts the largest circulation of Hindu spiritual weekly magazines (in fact it is a big cottage industry). Big contingent of people go to Sabarimala, Palani etc. However, pro-Tamil (the language) sentiment trumps religious sentiments.
funny though that tamils outside TN have no objection to speaking hindi.
Sandrokottos
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sandrokottos »

^That is like saying Mallus out of Kerala are not commies, true, but doesn't change anything.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sandrokottos wrote:^That is like saying Mallus out of Kerala are not commies, true, but doesn't change anything.
the overwhelming majority of mallus commies out of kerala just do not show their commieness.

however, on return to the homeland, they invariably do so

in the end, it may just be a "pet ka sawal" situation
Last edited by chetak on 24 May 2019 11:59, edited 1 time in total.
Vadivel
BRFite

Post by Vadivel »

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I cant help LOTF on Stalin and DMK. Classic Operation successful but patient died.

DMK and Stalin fought hard and strong just to stay in opposition, with virtually no change.

Sitting in oppostion in LS from RS.
Sitting in opposition in Assembly.

Apart from psycological boost to its cadres, its a useless win.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

rhytha wrote::rotfl: :rotfl:

I cant help LOTF on Stalin and DMK. Classic Operation successful but patient died.

DMK and Stalin fought hard and strong just to stay in opposition, with virtually no change.

Sitting in oppostion in LS from RS.
Sitting in opposition in Assembly.

Apart from psycological boost to its cadres, its a useless win.

with the many cases hanging over them like the sword of damocles, they will be very very circumspect in destabilizing the TN govt or even being too vocal in parliament.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

kit wrote:
KL Dubey wrote:I read a post that Shashi Tharoor may become Leader of Opposition.

However, that would not happen since Congis have once again failed to reach 55 seats and become the official opposition party. So looks like the post will remain vacant. Of course, UPA and INC may designate someone (maybe Tharoor) as their unofficial leader...jo bhi ch*t*yapa karne hai kar lo.
dont think Sonia will agree to Tharoor being anything significant, it will only erode pappu s credibility and standing further inside the congress.
That was me calling it out, if you look at the current line up of MP's, Tharoor is perhaps the only one capable of sitting on the front benches and countering a barrage. Secondly, 19/20 MP's from KL will demand a significant voice as their faction is now tasked with protecting the 'sultanate'. In addition, they have to be rewarded by the High Command for ensuring a protective envelope for RaGa.

As far as the post of leader of opposition, the govt will concede like they did in 2014 despite falling below 55 seats.
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

Lilo wrote: Bump back Syam garu,
I didnt do much especially knowing karyakarta's & volunteers who worked in this baking hot May Sun.
Real warriors are always them. Especially those from bengal. For all the mockery they faced, they stood their ground. Hopefully it will trickle down to south. :)
NaMo said to his allies in that dinner that a post Jati Hindutva coalition is our main goal now.
Iam was happy that he touched something close to my heart.
BJP is everywhere except in Kerala, TN and AP. Kinda ironic considering most of the 'core' is from these three states. Next 5 years going to be very interesting.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

observers to monitor elections, WTF does the US think of itself

‘We are confident about the fairness and the integrity of the Indian elections’, US State Department

‘We are confident about the fairness and the integrity of the Indian elections’, US State Department

India’s election is the largest exercise in democracy in human history

OPINDIA STAFF, MAY 23, 2019

On Wednesday the United States said that it was confident about the fairness and integrity of the Indian elections. State Department spokesperson Morgan Ortagus while speaking to some reporters said, “I would say from the US perspective, we are very confident in the fairness and the integrity of the Indian elections, and we will obviously work with whoever is the victor and whatever the outcome is there”.

Due to the strong independent credentials of the Election Commission of India, the US doesn’t send in its election observers, unlike what happens in other countries. Ortagus said, “we have a very strong relationship and a lot of cooperation with the Indian government on a full range of issues, and the Secretary (of State, Mike Pompeo) has said numerous times that we have a true strategic partner in India”.

She was fascinated by the fact that such a massive exercise could be conducted peacefully. She said, “Someone pointed this out to me today that India’s election is the largest exercise in democracy in human history. I think with everything going on in the world, that’s a thing that we can pause and think about and certainly commend the Indian people”.

Despite the well-known credibility of the Election Commission, opposition parties and journalists have sought to repeatedly malign the institution ever since the Exit Polls were released. On Tuesday, the Supreme Court dismissed a petition seeking 100% matching of the Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) with the Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) during the counting of votes on 23rd May, terming it as nonsense.

Yesterday, Rashtriya Lok Samata Party (RSLP) leader Upendra Kushwaha called for violence over allegations of EVM tampering to protect votes. Shehla Rashid went ahead made a bizarre suggestion of ‘invoking’ the UN and other international bodies.

The allegations are raised despite the clarifications from the Election Commission. Various courts also on several occasions declared the EVMs cannot be hacked and that they are tamper proof, and the process followed by ECI is robust.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Singha wrote:WB Aasansol - moon moon sen defeated by babul supriyo with over 1L votes margin.
and her response to the news ..priceless !!
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

chetak wrote:
Singha wrote:WB Aasansol - moon moon sen defeated by babul supriyo with over 1L votes margin.
shashi tharoor will not be happy. he was making googly eyes at her some time ago :lol:

:rotfl: :((
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

https://twitter.com/rajkarsewak/status/ ... 81440?s=19

Deodhar expects Mamata Govt to fall in 6 months
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

UlanBatori wrote:Quoting ramana:
Kerala has changed. The other Hindus voted to remove LDF. That's the big picture. End of Communist rule in Kerala. Pinarayi Vijayan has lost the mandate. He will cling on but he has no popular support. So I believe Kerala has spoken. And its against Left.
Exactly. See the WB case first. For decades it was impossible to shake the CPM's reign of terror. Then the TMC shook them and they broke. But the TMC adopted the same tactics and tried to hold on to power. This time the people started really believing that BJP offers an alternative. So now TMC is shaking. Now the BJP and Central Govt should play its cards right (build grassroots support, build confidence in law and order, shake down TMC without using President's Rule which may backfire). I think TMC will turn into paper tigers.

Same should work in KL. Until recently (and I would say even now) a vote for BJP is a wasted vote: no chance of winning, and it just dilutes the anti-Left vote. People who are tired of the Marxists have no real option but to vote for CONGi (or local ML or Kerala Cong depending on religious diktats). If u r a smart voter, why would you take the trouble to go to the polling booth just to waste your vote?

So now the LDF is hammered in Kerala. The vehicle is INC, but the point is, Left is hammered. The next step is for BJP to keep building grassroots support and convincing the nationalist, patriotic voters (young people esp) that BJP is a real option. They can no doubt see that INC has become irrelevant as a national force - and that INC is not upholding the issues important to Hindus or nationalists. And by nationalists I mean a majority of Xtians, and many Muslims as well as Yindoos.

It is stunning to consider that ppl in Waynad voted so strongly for Pappuji, despite knowing that they were being treated like they were "backup wife in case real one isn't available" etc. They did it to kick out the LDF.

As for Kummanom R (my Evil 6th coujin has eaten lunch with him...), Surendran etc, they simply do not have that much name recognition in Malloostan, as we may imagine sitting in BRF. Yes, NaMo should make some of these people Mantris and get them into Rajya Sabha, like INC did to Ambassador Narayanan who then became Prez. WTH did he do for Malloostan I don't know, but he had Big Name Recognition.

It's a long way from 22% to at least 35%. But 22 is a lot higher than what the percentage used to be, isn't it?
UB ji just look at the demography of Wyanad, the northernmost tribal area and probably most backward district in Kerala !! ..Ring any bells? Those people hardly know a politician from a mortician. All they saw were some white faces asking for votes ...and lots of freebies ..loads of them !!! .. most of them live on a daily basis..
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter
It was very emotional for me to see pradeep Gupta of myaxis break down on live TV, he was called dalaal he was called every possible name and he got his prediction bang on target.

11:07 pm - 23 May 2019
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

@5Forty3 got it right too... he predicted a similar vote share and number of seats,surprised no one seems to acknowledge that& he has never got any of the elections so far wrong except for 1. Credit where due!

11:30 pm - 23 May 2019
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Rishi Bagree
@rishibagree
3h3 hours ago

Vote Share in West Bengal

TMC -43.7 %
BJP - 40.3 %

We got 23% positive swing in Bengal- largest positive swing in 2019
jaysimha
BRFite

Post by jaysimha »

KL Dubey wrote:I am now looking at the statewise results and letting things sink in. Absolutely amazing! Some highlights:

KA: BJP/NDA gets 25 (+1 independent) seats! Outside of wildest dreams!
Not wildest dream,
Last time itself , I think, the mandate was anti congress that went to favor JD and BJP.
People never imagined that JD will tie up with congoons. It was a betrayal by JD

so this time they have shown their real mandate
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

mmasand wrote:
kit wrote:
dont think Sonia will agree to Tharoor being anything significant, it will only erode pappu s credibility and standing further inside the congress.
That was me calling it out, if you look at the current line up of MP's, Tharoor is perhaps the only one capable of sitting on the front benches and countering a barrage. Secondly, 19/20 MP's from KL will demand a significant voice as their faction is now tasked with protecting the 'sultanate'. In addition, they have to be rewarded by the High Command for ensuring a protective envelope for RaGa.

As far as the post of leader of opposition, the govt will concede like they did in 2014 despite falling below 55 seats.
has anything sensible led to work in the Gandi clan? Who in his right mind would have made Priyanka a campaign manager? All i know is the Sonia will tighten her grip on the Congress or whatever is left of it. Tharoor is a loose cannon, he has oratory skills but that's not good enough for the "first family" .. he is actually a threat to the whole family