2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Rishi_Tri
BRFite

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by Rishi_Tri »

Tamil Nadu is disappointment especially with legions of Iyers, Iyengars, Chettiars and large middle class, and not to mention Sadhguru!

Don't quite accept the theory that Tamil youth does not understand national politics, is not able to discern between propaganda and reality and that Demonetization worked to BJP's detriment.

I would say otherwise. In recent twitter trend #TNRejectsBJP many Tamil youth stood up for Modi, BJP. I would say, the tie up with AIADMK and baggage it carried damaged BJP's chances. AIADMK administration has at best been bumbling and BJP was not strong enough to override the negative. All the same, it gives BJP the chance to lead non DMK alliance through weakened AIADMK and emerge over next decade or so.

Telangana has been decisively breached and shall be next stronghold for BJP after Karnataka. Heard people say that they voted though there was lack of local BJP leadership. Xian influence is heavy in Telangana but still people voted. Having long border with Karnataka definitely helps Telangana.
Rishi_Tri
BRFite

Post by Rishi_Tri »

Election Commission #DeshKaMahatyohar

Verified account

@ECISVEEP
3h3 hours ago
More
17th Lok Sabha in making!
Presenting the final #ElectionResults2019 across all the States/UTs.

arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

SwamyG wrote:Kamal and Seeman getting 3.5% is nothing, they are screwed. Let us not give too much credit to them
that's usually the max Seeman always got, looks like Kamal is the new seeman.
Theeran
BRFite

Post by Theeran »

Rishi_Tri wrote: Tamil Nadu is disappointment especially with legions of Iyers, Iyengars, Chettiars and large middle class, and not to mention Sadhguru!

Don't quite accept the theory that Tamil youth does not understand national politics, is not able to discern between propaganda and reality and that Demonetization worked to BJP's detriment.

I would say otherwise. In recent twitter trend #TNRejectsBJP many Tamil youth stood up for Modi, BJP. I would say, the tie up with AIADMK and baggage it carried damaged BJP's chances
*** No criticism of Sadhguru intended or implied****

Incidentally Vellingiri Sivan temple is very famous. There was a story that Christian missionaries were trying to block or move this temple. The nearby karunya nagar and University are by the missionaries. Between them and the Isha yoga center the whole place is unrecognizable now.

Your next point about admk is false if you just look at the bypoll numbers. If the mood was totally against admk they would have lost the government now. The TN story is that they truly believed Modi will not do any good for TN. They believed this from their heart. No amount of coalitions would have gained bjp any seats. Just look at cbe. A 1.7 lakh vote difference for communists is shocking to me.
Last edited by Theeran on 25 May 2019 00:04, edited 2 times in total.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Theeran wrote:
Don't mention sadhguru. He is seen at worst a hipnotizer and at best a usurper of forest land. People in villages around the vellingiri hills have lost young sons and daughters to sanyasam to his madam.

Hi John,

Please prove what you said. I was once a Modi hater... started searching for facts became a Modi bhakt. Also i never found any evidence of what you said abt Sadhguru.
Last edited by shravan on 24 May 2019 23:16, edited 1 time in total.
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

The story of WB, the revenge of Mukul Roy

This stunning performance of BJP in WB has many fathers but none more influential than Mukul Roy. He caused a vertical split of TMC where the loosing faction within TMC everywhere in WB worked for BJP while being TMC on paper. The scale of the ops and the precision with which it has happened is stunning to say the least. Stuff of the legend, pure special force kinda performance.

The inside dope is that in many case, these TMC guys even took part on violent booth capture but when the time came, pressed the lotus button!!! Sometimes, they did all the fighting to stop actual TMC core voters to reach the polling station and gave false vote to BJP instead. They being known as TMC didn't cause much suspicion. Jihadidi is livid, doing a internal KGB style interrogation to find all the turncoats. Already Subhranshu Roy, the son of Mukul Roy and sitting MP from Bijpur has been expelled from TMC.

Mukul Roy is legendary in Bengal politics circle in terms of organization, truly Amit Shah of Bengal. It is said that he knows every polling agent of every booth in WB on first name basis. He was also the finance and accounting guy for TMC. (Many doesn't know, he was the actual founder member and the first president of TMC, not jihadidi)

However he is not a charismatic crowd pulling leader like jihadidi. Using that short coming jihadidi treated him exactly like how RaGa treated HBS. The nephew of jihadidi, Abhishek were made the 2nd most important person in TMC.

Abhishek, in true Sanjay Gandhi style, brought in his own brand of goons, er student/youth leaders in TMC. There started a clash within TMC and Mukul Roy and most of his supporters were side lined.

Came out the story of Sarada and Narada scam. Jihadidi literallay hung Mukul outside to dry as the accounting guy to take the blame in similar fashion of Kunal Ghosh, Madan Mitra, Tapas Pal and Sudip Banerjee. Mukul switched side to BJP instead. His son Shubhransu stayed on TMC.

He had the usual initial incompatibility with BJP state leaders and even now not too close of Dileep Ghosh, the state president of BJP but he has formed a good working relation and started to work slowly since the last panchayat election. He build the connections between BJP core, RSS, Bajrang Dal and the looser faction of TMC all over WB. And the entire thing has been done with good amount of operational secrecy so that even though state level TMC leaders had some inclination of hanky panky and did some amount of house cleaning, no one even in their wildest nightmare imagined the scale of the rot.

The rest is history. The scale and secrecy of it truely mind boggling.

PS: the school and collage whatsapp groups are in jubiliant mood. Barring one or two hard core TMC supporters and a few more left leaning intellectuals, the rest everyone is basking in the glory of teaching jihadidi a solid lesson

PS2: While Bengal is within the reach, it is still a bit away to win Bongs, though i must say the current win has lessened the bitterness to a large extent. BJP is still perceived as a non-bengali party devoid of bong sensitivity, the Vidyasagar statue incident is once such example.

-----------------------------

To overcome the same, earlier BJP state level guys mature and start bringing in local Bong emotional issues the better. I mentioned the example of TMC MP and MLAs doing rioting on WB state assembly to break furniture with legacy of legends like Netaji that could have taken up by BJP to counter the Vidhyasagar statue incident more aggressively.

Similarly, BJP should take up the issue of Taslima Nasrin in WB who us Bongs consider one of our own but she had to leave Kolkata in tears on 2007 as Muslims did rioting with the demand to expel her for her liberal writings. Right now she is hiding in Delhi with an undertaking to Central Govt of not write any more and curtail her FoE. Off course Central govt at that time was UPA who did nothing for her FoE. Most of us bongs still consider it one of our darkest days when she had to leave the state.

Now BJP taking a public stance of bringing her back to Kolkata with respect, dignity, protection and full freedom of writing will tie the jihadidi and TMC in multiple knots. They can't do it for their Muslim Vote Bank and not supporting this will push the intellectual bhadraloks mentally towards BJP.

Similarly state BJP should take up supporting ban of triple talaq & nikah halala, bringing khariji madrasa under govt control, 40 hours/week of secular education irrespective of religions as RTE for campaign in WB assembly election, with the promise to support these in Rajyasabha if we they win, as these will put the TMC and bhadraloks on divergent path once more. With the weight of 18 MP seats in BJP, the bhadraloks can not ignore these ideas as divisive and push under carpet any more and with polarization along these lines, more and more will side with BJP. Taking up Cow and Ram etc will not cause the polarization that these issues will cause if kept in the centre fold of a media campaign. And more the polarization, higher the chance to BJP ascending CM's chair in Kolkata

PS 3: You would have noticed that the most success of BJP in WB still came from northern and western part and a bit here and there from the rest and solidly nil from Kolkata and surroundings. BJP needs to break that bastion of bong intellectuals by taking up issues closer to them as stated above.
Last edited by Picklu on 24 May 2019 23:19, edited 1 time in total.
Theeran
BRFite

Post by Theeran »

Sadhguru stuff deleted
Last edited by Theeran on 24 May 2019 23:44, edited 1 time in total.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Theeran wrote:
Haha nice try. I can't record statements and bring it to you. Take it for what it is worth. We are trying to find ways to get TN to vote bjp. Sadhguru will be my last option.
I am not from North. You are accusing someone of wrong doings..... Not very hard to prove it when entire NGO's, Abrahmics faiths,etc are against him.
CalvinH
BRFite

Post by CalvinH »

Supratik wrote:AAP is disintegrating looks like. Another urban naxal enterprise gone wrong. They lost deposits in four Delhi seats and got very little vote in PJ even though they won one seat.
The statistics from Delhi are (for AAP):
In 48/70 VS constituencies AAP candidate couldnt pull enough votes to save their deposits
In rest constituencies they couldnt pull enough votes to come second.
3/7 Candidates lost deposits
AAP Candidates lost deposits from VS belonging to CM, Deputy CM and all major AAP leaders

VS: Vidhan Sabha

Haryana results are even more appalling. AAP leader for Haryana Naveen Jaihind got 0.83 percent vote share from Faridabad. The other 2 candidates fared the same with highest grosser getting 1.7 percent votes. AAP is finished in Haryana.

I am yet to analyse how they fared in Punjab where they got one seat. 2014 they managed 4 seats in Punjab.

Overall I think congress got the AAP situation right and rejected the coalition wisely. I was thinking that its a mistake for congress to not do it but if you total Congress+AAP votes in Delhi the total still remains well below of BJP candidates. Plus AAP contribution to this total is not good enough. In Harayana this contribution would be laughable.

AAP in Delhi is now looking at extinction.
Last edited by CalvinH on 24 May 2019 23:28, edited 1 time in total.
Theeran
BRFite

Post by Theeran »

Self Delete
Last edited by Theeran on 24 May 2019 23:46, edited 1 time in total.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

I am being told that Sadhguru is a target as he is a bullwark against EJ activity. He is widely respected in India and abroad.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Rishi_Tri wrote: I would say otherwise. In recent twitter trend #TNRejectsBJP many Tamil youth stood up for Modi, BJP. I would say, the tie up with AIADMK and baggage it carried damaged BJP's chances. AIADMK administration has at best been bumbling and BJP was not strong enough to override the negative. All the same, it gives BJP the chance to lead non DMK alliance through weakened AIADMK and emerge over next decade or so.
AIADMK is not winning any popularity contest, true. But AIADMK did not damage BJP's chances. It could be the other way around.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Supratik wrote:I am being told that Sadhguru is a target as he is a bullwark against EJ activity. He is widely respected in India and abroad.
True, but for the locals there is always an element of other factors in play. Like theeran mentioned, forests clearing etc. Right or wrong. Indians think their sanyasis, sadhus, gurus etc should be soft, timid and mind their own business; and not venture into politics.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Theeran wrote:Ha! It is not wrong doing and there was no accusation. The fight is against the public perception. Do you want that battle now or let time erode that perception and find other ways to win hearts.

Prove him wrong...He will leave India. Same people also said Adi Yogi was a factory shed and was denied permission.

Its has nothing to do with TN....Its done by a ROL and if other TN people believe this kind of things. ...Then no one can help them.
Last edited by shravan on 24 May 2019 23:39, edited 4 times in total.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

chetak wrote: with the many cases hanging over them like the sword of damocles, they will be very very circumspect in destabilizing the TN govt or even being too vocal in parliament.
The words 'pyrrhic win' comes to the mind. If they had toppled the AIADMK government, it would have been different. Now, it is an uneasy win. They cannot enjoy it in the state or at the central level.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

If padres and maulvis can ask whom to vote for why is it that Hindu sadhus have to live a life above politics according to secularists. It is double standards.
Theeran
BRFite

Post by Theeran »

Shravan Not sure where you got the idea I was trying to disprove his services.
My post was intended to help bjp gain seats in TN.
I'll delete all sadhguru posts if you may please delete the quotes.
Don't want to derail the thread.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Supratik wrote:I am being told that Sadhguru is a target as he is a bullwark against EJ activity. He is widely respected in India and abroad.

No..He is targeting Ej's in their own countries!
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

There are similar allegations against Baba Ramdev and Sri Sri. While we should always look out for frauds and charlatans if you take out the Sadhus and Sadhvis it is going to leave the field open for you know who.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

shravan wrote:
Theeran wrote:
Don't mention sadhguru. He is seen at worst a hipnotizer and at best a usurper of forest land. People in villages around the vellingiri hills have lost young sons and daughters to sanyasam to his madam.

Hi John,

Please prove what you said. I was once a Modi hater... started searching for facts became a Modi bhakt. Also i never found any evidence of what you said abt Sadhguru.
+108

our friend forgot to add wife killer and murderer and most importantly he has to add "elephant corridor" and "destruction of rain forests" somewhere in the mix to appear sophisticated, clued in and hep.

what he has so glibly stated is the common commie/naxal/BIF view of sadhguru and a very common missionary portrayal of people standing in the way of the conversion of innocent tribals.

people like him like our gurus illiterate, chillum smoking and preferably nanga so that Sanatana Dharma can be portrayed as regressive, medieval and obscurantist.
Vinu
BRFite

Post by Vinu »

In the past only once TN overwhelmingly voted for BJP which was after Coimbatore bomb blast.
But Now they failed to see the imminent threat of BIFs.
BJP and AIADMK unable to capitalise the brutal murder of a Hindu who opposed conversion attempt by Peacefuls inspite of the arrests of obvious sounding names. 99.99% of media Print, TV and FM are controlled by 'Mukkad's. Everyday you can find numerous articles against Modi, RSS and BJP. No facts required.

In spite of video proof many Tamils will ask where is 15L?
Where is Black Money from Swiss? Why Modi didn't waive farmers' loans despite of their protest in Delhi? Why Modi didn't set up Kaveri tribunal? Why 10/L suits for Modi? NRI PM Modi.. The propoganda was very strong and repeated over and over for the past 5 years.

Irony is all these 1000s of demands asked against Modi but they never asked a single question against the ward councilors.

Every WhatsApp group, FB group has one or two persons from these Mukkad group who will keep on forwarding anti Modi memes and messages.

I have'nt gone through the voting percentage but I reckon ADMK's traditional minority voters ditched the alliance this time and their traditional caste vote also diteched due to Anti Modi propaganda.

As one of the poster mentioned earlier TN didn't want DMK government in state based on assembly by poll election results.

TN need a rude awakening before it becomes too late. Pray Modi, RSS and BJP will not give up TN based on this election.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

SwamyG wrote:
chetak wrote: with the many cases hanging over them like the sword of damocles, they will be very very circumspect in destabilizing the TN govt or even being too vocal in parliament.
The words 'pyrrhic win' comes to the mind. If they had toppled the AIADMK government, it would have been different. Now, it is an uneasy win. They cannot enjoy it in the state or at the central level.
Also, AS is certainly not someone to be trifled with.
Theeran
BRFite

Post by Theeran »

chetak wrote:
shravan wrote:

Hi John,

+108

our friend forgot to add wife killer and murderer and most importantly he has to add "elephant corridor" and "destruction of rain forests" somewhere in the mix to appear sophisticated, clued in and hep.

what he has so glibly stated is the common commie/naxal/BIF view of sadhguru and a very common missionary portrayal of people standing in the way of the conversion of innocent tribals.

people like him like our gurus illiterate, chillum smoking and preferably nanga so that Sanatana Dharma can be portrayed as regressive, medieval and obscurantist.
Nice take. Brush aside local sentiments, color them with BIF views and then wonder why bjp is not winning. With friends like these who needs enemies.
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

What are Rakshak's recommendation for key Modi 2.0 appointments?

For me:
1. NSA: Doval is 74 yrs old already and would be 79 when the term of Modi 2.0 ends. Maybe someone like S.Jaishankar.
2. Raksha Mantri: N.Sitharaman. I'd put someone efficient like Rajvardhan Rathore as her deputy.
3. Finance: Piyush Goyal
4. Home: Gen VK Singh
5. MEA: Ravi Shankar Prasad
6. Roads and Highways: Nitin Gadkari
7. Railways: Smriti Irani
8. Power, Renewable Energy: Suresh Prabhu

Send Jaitley, Swaraj and Rajnath to Raj Bhavans.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Theeran wrote: Nice take. Brush aside local sentiments, color them with BIF views and then wonder why bjp is not winning. With friends like these who needs enemies.
Nothing to do with BJP...

Anujan Sir today said once must speak in Tamil to win the hearts. Sadhguru never speaks in Hindi and whenever he gets a chance he talks in Tamil.

Yet he is hated :rotfl:
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Guys please no blue blue. Theeran, request you please edit your post to make it clearer that you are not criticizing the man yourself (unless you were).
Theeran
BRFite

Post by Theeran »

Ok not sure how we ended up here :rotfl:
Rishi stated that bjp should have won in cbe or Tiruppur because of Sadhgurus presence. There are many followers of his and no one will throw a chappal at him if they see on the road but you are not getting votes with his name. It might change in the future but at present no.
Theeran
BRFite

Post by Theeran »

Karan I have removed all references. Will put a disclaimer.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Rathore should continue as sports minister. NS as RM is doing fine. Doval as NSA should continue for another 5 yrs as Ksshmir is going to be taken head on in this term and I suspect something may happen in Pak.
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

https://www.businesstoday.in/lok-sabha- ... 49630.html
'Not EVM, but Hindu minds have been rigged,' says Asaduddin Owaisi

Owaisi is fighting from the Hyderabad constituency and is seeking re-election for the fourth time. His opponent in Hyderabd is Dr Bhagavanth Rao of BJP

Post the landslide victory of Modi-led BJP in the Lok Sabha elections 2019, Asaduddin Owaisi criticised BJP for manipulating the minds of Hindus. In a statement, the leader of AIMIM Asaduddin Owaisi said, "EVM ki rigging nahi hui hai, Hindu mind ki rigging ho chuki hai (Not EVM, but Hindu minds have been rigged)".

Owaisi is fighting from the Hyderabad constituency and is seeking re-election for the fourth time. His opponent in Hyderabd is Dr Bhagavanth Rao of BJP.

Owaisi has also asked for the 100% matching of VVPAT slips. "Election Commission must show their independence, I believe VVPATs should be 100% (100 per cent matching of VVPAT slips with the Voting Machines)", Owaisi added.

This is for the first time in a Lok Sabha election that results of voting machines were being matched with slips generated by paper trail machines. As per the EC order, the exercise will take place in five polling stations per assembly segment. As per procedure, postal ballots would be the first to be counted.

Hyderabad Lok Sabha constituency is the stronghold of All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM). The constituency is represented by the Owaisi family since 1984.

Earlier in 2014 Lok Sabha election, Asaduddin Owaisi won the Hyderabad constituency for the thirds consecutive time by winning over BJP's Bhagavanth Rao by over two lakh votes.

Meanwhile, people of India have given a strong mandate to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to lead the country for the next five years. As the counting of votes comes to an end, the BJP seems set to form the government at the Centre once again. The BJP-led NDA is surging ahead with leads on 343 Lok Sabha seats.
The ROP types are unsophisticated and somewhat easy to understand and then counter. It is the ROL types who are the real worry.

Operate from the shadows slowly chipping away at the very foundations of nationhood.
Sandrokottos
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sandrokottos »

^But they might end up being clever by half, having the ROPers eat them from within in their own land. ROLers will soon have to focus within, times are changing.
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

An observation and a question - EC lists "EVM votes" and "Postal votes" for all states except J&K. For J&K, It is "EVM Votes", "Migrant Votes" and "Postal Votes". Who certifies the Hindu refugees as Migrants?
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

He is trying to split the Hindu community by propping up BIF with seats for dalits willing to stand with MIM, so he claims. The cabal is coming out in the open.

I repeat what Prasad also reiterated. The first order of business now should be to attack the tukde tukde gang. The amount of loathing they have for Hindus and Hinduism in particular is mind-boggling. The stuff they write, publish is often vicious hate speech. They need to be kicked out of all their GOI appointed sinecures so they stop poisoning another generation like they did with mine and many others. Next, all the so called liberal arts places with fancy claims like Ashoka etc need to be audited for hate literature as well.

People keep pointing fingers at extremist madrasas etc. These are no better. They follow the million mutinies approach. They want India to break up, and regard Hinduism as a core force keeping it together, whilst in public they decry that anything like that can even exist. And hence they want to break it up claiming it is "brahmanism" and similar rubbish. Any centripetal force is resisted, and slice and dice is used, whether against the faith above, or AFSPA in Kashmir (they regard the IA as an occupationary force doing the business of the state) or ANY nationalist sentiment which breeds resilience (so ISRO was ok till it was water mapping sats, but after Mangalyaan it needs to be brought to heel). These folks are completely gone, and need to be excised from the power they use to further their vicious agenda.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

krithivas wrote:An observation and a question - EC lists "EVM votes" and "Postal votes" for all states except J&K. For J&K, It is "EVM Votes", "Migrant Votes" and "Postal Votes". Who certifies the Hindu refugees as Migrants?
Knowing a few Kashmiri Pandits, I believe you have to register the status with the J&K Government.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Supratik wrote:Rathore should continue as sports minister. NS as RM is doing fine. Doval as NSA should continue for another 5 yrs as Ksshmir is going to be taken head on in this term and I suspect something may happen in Pak.
plus, he scares the living hell out of the pakis and for that reason alone he should continue as NSA.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Doval has overseen the near perfect response to Pathankot.
Then the surgical strikes, Myanmar and Uri. Then involved with the Balakot attacks.
Also, no terror strikes in mainland India with mass civilian casualties.

He has an incredible record. Just compare and contrast to the utter disaster of MK Nero-nayan!
VKumar
BRFite

Post by VKumar »

Nitin Gadkari may see a top level position, MHA. IMHO.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Why give Rajnath the boot? Surely he gets some credit for the near perfect internal security management, apart from the pigeon, of course. A well performing minister should be asked to continue having built up the domain knowledge.

Unless his age is the basis for the suggestion.
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

Nikhil T wrote:What are Rakshak's recommendation for key Modi 2.0 appointments?

For me:
1. NSA: Doval is 74 yrs old already and would be 79 when the term of Modi 2.0 ends. Maybe someone like S.Jaishankar.
2. Raksha Mantri: N.Sitharaman. I'd put someone efficient like Rajvardhan Rathore as her deputy.

Rajnath to Raj Bhavan :-- hum iski kadi ninda karte hai... :wink:
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Nikhil T wrote:What are Rakshak's recommendation for key Modi 2.0 appointments?

For me:

I want to see an educated ideologically non-apologetic person to head MHRD, not the stupid-grinny face javedekar.