2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by KJo »

Rajdeep grilling Tharoor.

Tharoor dancing around the question with Queens English but never comes to the core issue of whether Rahul should resign. If he really believes his reasons are why Congress lost, then the party is doomed to decades of defeat.

https://www.indiatoday.in/elections/lok ... 2019-05-24
Rishi_Tri
BRFite

Post by Rishi_Tri »

Sorry for causing pandemonium earlier! Not intentional. Had written something else but shall post this:

Not my thought but coming from well respected Tamilian: very easy to win in TN. Just win their hearts because Tamilians think through their hearts. But that is the hard part - winning the heart!!

Also, at least I shall be very happy to see C Rajagopalachari recognized in course of time. Was undone by Father of Nation as were so many.

BTW, Kamal Hassan vote share was lesser than NOTA.

Reliable sources, Arun Jaitley is very ill.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

The overhaul of the educational system, particularly humanities and social sciences curricula, needs much more intensive resourcing and dedicated leadership than a single MHRD (let alone Javadekar) could provide.

A council needs to be drawn up with Cabinet-level powers to design, orchestrate, and implement this; similar in structure and authority to Sonia Gandhi's NAC, but focused on this specific task. This is what will determine the perspectives of future generations of Hindus on a mass scale. Once it is established, everything else (restoring control of Temples, radically revising RTE, and more importantly the foundation for mass-level resistance against any Hinduphobic initiatives launched by future governments) will fall into place.

If this does not happen now, with BJP at 303 and NDA at 354, it will never happen.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Vinu wrote:Excellent article written by Aravindan Neelakandan about what had happened in TN.
Aravindan hits the nail on its head multiple times, especially on Rajini. I deserve my scorn for the people from whom I expected the most. It is my mistake though. JJ was one of them. She rose to fail. Rajini never rose to fail. He is just a failure, because he never started off from the starting blocks. He had the power in 96 to spoil chances of JJ.

There are only three reasons why I think Rajni, a Modi supporter, has not been more vocal:
1. He is worried about his commercial interests.
2. He just does not have within himself to do what is necessary.
3. Amit Shah has asked him to delay and be wish-washy.

I think it is a combination of 1 and 2.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

SwamyG wrote:
Vinu wrote:Excellent article written by Aravindan Neelakandan about what had happened in TN.
Aravindan hits the nail on its head multiple times, especially on Rajini. I deserve my scorn for the people from whom I expected the most. It is my mistake though. JJ was one of them. She rose to fail. Rajini never rose to fail. He is just a failure, because he never started off from the starting blocks. He had the power in 96 to spoil chances of JJ.

There are only three reasons why I think Rajni, a Modi supporter, has not been more vocal:
1. He is worried about his commercial interests.
2. He just does not have within himself to do what is necessary.
3. Amit Shah has asked him to delay and be wish-washy.

I think it is a combination of 1 and 2.
All this Rajni, Kamal, Vijaya Kumar etc drama artists are useless.

I don't think we see likes of MGR, Karunanidhi and Jayalalitha in Tamilnadu ignoring pre-70 stalwarts. I'm always partial towards AIADMK since MGR days and admired Jayalalitha for taking the party further after his demise. My guess is Stalin will do fine to keep legacy of DMK just following what his father did if not providing any new ideological leadership. But no great leader emerging in AIADMK is worrisome and that is something of failure of Jayalalitha to train clear successor.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

KJo wrote:Rajdeep grilling Tharoor.

Tharoor dancing around the question with Queens English but never comes to the core issue of whether Rahul should resign. If he really believes his reasons are why Congress lost, then the party is doomed to decades of defeat.

https://www.indiatoday.in/elections/lok ... 2019-05-24
What else did you expect from him...all going around in circles except answering the question why Congress failed!!... remember the last time he spoke or rather answered a question he was nearly kicked out of Congress.. I would say he is just a show piece on a rather short leash.
asbchakri
BRFite

Post by asbchakri »

For people who like to watch NDTV coverage. I found some Videos. Its not from start but still something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86rC0SRbR74
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13_HL4GKAOI
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

One thing Modi has shown is that even with a bad economy and limited resources, it is possible (at least for him) to make a difference in peoples life if you are sincere and have the drive. Can you imagine what he can do with a 10 tr or 20 tr economy.

I'll take a Yogi or Amit Shah or any dharmic when we are a > 10 tr economy.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by Peregrine »

Cheers Image
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Look what teetar brought

https://twitter.com/BillGates/status/11 ... 3688306689

Bill Gates @BillGates
Congratulations @NarendraModi on a remarkable win in #IndianElections2019. Your continued commitment to improve health, nutrition, and development will significantly improve lives of many. @BJP4India
Last edited by vimal on 25 May 2019 04:10, edited 1 time in total.
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

Rahul M wrote:
Nikhil T wrote:What are Rakshak's recommendation for key Modi 2.0 appointments?

For me:
1. NSA: Doval is 74 yrs old already and would be 79 when the term of Modi 2.0 ends. Maybe someone like S.Jaishankar.
2. Raksha Mantri: N.Sitharaman. I'd put someone efficient like Rajvardhan Rathore as her deputy.
3. Finance: Piyush Goyal
4. Home: Gen VK Singh
5. MEA: Ravi Shankar Prasad
6. Roads and Highways: Nitin Gadkari
7. Railways: Smriti Irani
8. Power, Renewable Energy: Suresh Prabhu

Send Jaitley, Swaraj and Rajnath to Raj Bhavans.
I want to see an educated ideologically non-apologetic person to head MHRD, not the stupid-grinny face javedekar.
Disagree. No ideologue should head MHRD - we have enough problems to solve in education before we start revising history and textbooks. We're producing millions of educated but employable youth each year - its a ticking time bomb.

I want to see an educated reformer to head MHRD.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

ShyamSP wrote: I don't think we see likes of MGR, Karunanidhi and Jayalalitha in Tamilnadu ignoring pre-70 stalwarts. I'm always partial towards AIADMK since MGR days and admired Jayalalitha for taking the party further after his demise. My guess is Stalin will do fine to keep legacy of DMK just following what his father did if not providing any new ideological leadership. But no great leader emerging in AIADMK is worrisome and that is something of failure of Jayalalitha to train clear successor.
JJ was like Shakuni, she helped destroy AIADMK. JJ cut all the budding leaders, she made them servile and fall at her feet. She had the potential, but she was besieged by the demons from her childhood, youth and early adult life.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

vimal wrote:Bill Gates @BillGates
Congratulations @NarendraModi on a remarkable win in #IndianElections2019. Your continued commitment to improve health, nutrition, and development will significantly improve lives of many. @BJP4India
Once again I remind everyone what Modi said in 2013/2014 (word for word...) "Jab desh majbooti ka ehsas dikayega, tab sathi bi badlenge aur padosi bi badlenge'. Maybe I got some words mixed up...
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

asbchakri wrote:For people who like to watch NDTV coverage. I found some Videos. Its not from start but still something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86rC0SRbR74
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13_HL4GKAOI
these guys are talking specifically to international audiences.

the entire episode will be edited, spun and it will target the Hindus as being intolerant and non inclusive when it is broadcast internationally.

right from day one they have been hammering home the single vicious point that Modi is especially targeting the muslims.

when srinivasan jain, pronoy roy who has an irish mother, nidhi razdan and sagarika ghosh get together then bashing Hindus and India is on the top of the agenda.

why should BJP give seats to people other than who they are sure will win the seat for them

Its complete nonsense to say that BJP should give tickets to muslims.

will the IUML ever give seats to Hindus

just look at what udit raj did to the BJP, as did arun shourie, yeshwant sinha, shatrugan sinha and that police guy in bangalore H. T. Sangliana who used to preach and convert wearing his uniform
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

KL Dubey wrote: Total: 355/545
BJP 303+2, Allies 50

This will be the highest ever strength of NDA, surpassing the current strength of 341 as well as the strength of 336 after LS 2014. Even after exit of TDP and loss of 36 AIADMK seats....it is absolutely remarkable that the overall strength will increase a lot. NaMo-Shah jodi da jawaab nahin!
Indeed, the extent of victory is puzzling. After losing AP, TG (only 4) and TN seats 100%, they STILL post a 300+ for BJP alone. This is a totally dominating victory. Like Kohli's India giving the Aussies solid thrashing in Australia. And, KLD, your predictions were right on da money. Fo' shizzle ...you da Man.
Last edited by SriKumar on 25 May 2019 04:51, edited 2 times in total.
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

Peregrine wrote: ImageCongress president Rahul Gandhi (right) and Priyanka Gandhi at a press conference in New Delhi.
Cheers Image
The guy on far left who is 'ghoor ghoor ke dekhing at Yuvraj...that's Darth Ahmed Patel. His re-election as Rajya Sabha member comes up in 4 years. Some unifinished business for Shah to attend to (one might recall what happend in 2017 ...he won by a whisker because 2 congress votes against him were disqualified on a technicality).
Last edited by SriKumar on 25 May 2019 04:55, edited 1 time in total.
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

Did bjp win? Enough seats to form bjp govt? :lol: :rotfl:
rajsunder
BRFite

Post by rajsunder »

Does any one have west Bengal seats info as. To who won in what phase. I was going through ECI website but could not find the phase wise information.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

This was Nov 18, 2017 - The video where Piyush Goyal predicted telling R Sriram
that the BJP will be between 297-303 in the 2019 elections! As far as predictions go, this was bang on!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1131802405396516865
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

Rishi_Tri wrote:
OmkarC wrote:
That's the likely path.. Not sure how aggressive he will be with EJ activities.. but its looking like the entire southern coast from Malabar through Kanyakumari till Orissa is now under Christian influence - UDF, DMK & Jagan..
.. Path for further expansion in South shall be through Tamil Nadu. Leaderless AIADMK presents an opportunity for BJP to take over and expand. Victory in Karnataka especially in non stronghold areas offers template for Tamil Nadu.

Assam was breached after 30 years. Bengal after 50 years. Regions in Jharkhand and Chattisgarh are Christian dominated but still have gone BJP way.
I dont think Andhra and "definitely not" telangana will be influenced by a Tamil Nadu breach because the politics and demographics are different in each.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Why Smritiji for Railways? Indian Rail needs to transform in the next 5 years. Need a technocrat plus Believer at the helm. Smritiji's talents are wasted there. She is fabulous interacting with people: the last thing one seems in a Rail Mantri. Maybe Foreign Minister? You don't have one listed. I think she would be amazing as Videsh Karyalay Mantri, projecting a face of India that the world really needs to see.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

When is Rashtrapati inviting RaGaji to lead Gaddhas to form cabinet?
siddhu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by siddhu »

I heard some talk about Ghar wapasi of Jagan by Modi ji. Would be wonderful if it's true.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

Rishi_Tri wrote:
Tamil Nadu is disappointment especially with legions of Iyers, Iyengars, Chettiars and large middle class, and not to mention Sadhguru!

Don't quite accept the theory that Tamil youth does not understand national politics, is not able to discern between propaganda and reality and that Demonetization worked to BJP's detriment.

I would say otherwise. In recent twitter trend #TNRejectsBJP many Tamil youth stood up for Modi, BJP. I would say, the tie up with AIADMK and baggage it carried damaged BJP's chances. AIADMK administration has at best been bumbling and BJP was not strong enough to override the negative. All the same, it gives BJP the chance to lead non DMK alliance through weakened AIADMK and emerge over next decade or so.

Telangana has been decisively breached and shall be next stronghold for BJP after Karnataka. Heard people say that they voted though there was lack of local BJP leadership. Xian influence is heavy in Telangana but still people voted. Having long border with Karnataka definitely helps Telangana.

I dont think Xtian influence is stronger in TG than rest of the south.. its more Green vs Saffron.

This was my analysis on TG polls a few days before the results:

OmkarC wrote:

- Nizamabad, massive if BJP pulls this off as its against KCR's daughter, the Axis poll lists BJP/TRS as popular parties and as a tough seat. Disagree - its a very very tough seat. With >50% chance of BJP victory. The local candidate has been grooming this seat for a while, spending time with farmers, he even used his own funds to set up free medical clinics for poor children for several years now. He comes from a political family, his dad is former state congress president & now leader of TRS.. and has enough financial muscle, community support, etc. KCR's daughter apparently ignored farmer's plight for the past 5 yrs and there is serious farmer anger. Fingers crossed.

- Karimnagar, this was KCR's own seat for 3 times in a row. But somehow the local BJP candidate has managed to galvanize and build mass following among rural youth. A strong Hindutva candidate, he has had one too many verbal duels with Owaisi saab and even his house was stoned after he lost MLA elections by MIM goons a few months back. The Axis poll says its not a tough seat and he would win. I would've agreed with this exit poll if not for the money power of both the congress & TRS rivals. Kudos to Shah on studying the pulse, identifying this person & reward him with an MP seat candidature.

-The third one they predict is Adilabad, which is in the tribal belt, the local BJP candidate is a genuine tribal activist but financially weak compared to his stronger congress, TRS opponents. The exit poll mentions its a BJP vs cong fight, while my opinion its a TRS vs Cong fight. Disagree with their estimate as the party doesn't have strong cadre here like the other two.

Additionally:
-Agree w/ exit poll prediction on Secunderabad. BJP will lose their incumbent seat to TRS by a huge margin.
-Disagree with the exit poll on Mahboobnagar that predicts an easy walkover for TRS - the congress defected BJP candidate has good grip on the district and congress has a reasonable candidate as well - its a 3-way fight. BJP candidate has ~34% chance, compared to her rivals.

Analysis of victory now, to discern whether victory was due to Hindutva, Nationalism/Modifactor or local issues.. FYI, victories in Nizamabad & Karimnagar are very special as they were against the CM's daughter (Nizamabad) & right hand of KCR (Vinod Kumar, in Karimnagar):

Nizamabad: Peculiar local Issue + candidate. It was MASSIVE and people are still reeling from this impact, but as predicted above, BJP already had a >50% chance of winning due to the tenacity & focus of the local candidate, D Aravind. He even got Rajnath Singh to come to his constituency and give an assurance to Local Turmeric farmers that their ask for a Turmeric board will be addressed within the first month he is elected. While Kavita couldn't get that board in 5 years despite being CM's daughter. Plus, his family rallied behind him solidly with finance, connections, while staying in TRS. I would unfortunately say that if this candidate contested from a Congress ticket, he would've still won as he would've had some fraction of minority votes too.

Karimnagar: Strong Hindutva + Modi factor + candidate .. Local candidate, Bandi Sanjay is extremely popular among rural youth as one of their own. He ran an aggressive door-door campaign on Hindutva, Modi & Nationalism w/ some development issues. As if it were not enough, KCR (in a fit of shameful arrogance, abused Hindus as a whole (for which he was given a warning by EC).. that helped rally voters behind Sanjay as well.

Secunderabad: Nationalism/Modi factor. This was BJP's incumbent seat but based on what I heard from locals, thought and even Dr. PP's analysis gave it to rivals. The three main blocks here are Yadavas & BCs, North Indians (army folks) & Christians.. I believe a few reasons why BJP won here, despite cadre not being happy w/ Kishan's selection, was that both Congress & TRS declared Yadav candidates as Yadavs alone constitute > 2Lakh voters.. This seems to have split the Yadav & Christian votes.. North Indians, Army folks voted en-masse for BJP along with rest of unwashed masses due to Modi factor alone.

Adilabad: Adilabad is called the "Mukha Dwaram of south India" and is in the Tribal belt. Here it was a combination of Modi factor + Local issues. The winning BJP candidate is a former Congressman who jumped ship for MP ticket. He capitalized on nationalism + lack of development and shifting of Tribal university native to that place to another city, which had impacted locals.

I was hoping for BJP victory in Mahbubnagar, but the congress candidate polled 20% of vote (as mentioned above), ruining the chance of DK Aruna.

Overall, I would rate all the above victories as a result of exceptional hardwork by cadre & candidates, but caution against over-optimism that TG has been breached decisively as Congress has also done well despite their horrible state leadership.. but yes, this excellent result shows Shah is being advised by the right people on TG matters and it will definitely make more progress in the next 5 yrs. And yes, the state is more Hindutva-friendly like Karnataka, than Andhra, KL & TN..
Nalla Baalu
BRFite

Post by Nalla Baalu »

Analysis of the results by Rajat Sharma @ IndiaTV. Savor this: BJP skewered Scamgress in 133 of 137 seats where they were one-on-one.

KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

SriKumar wrote:
KL Dubey wrote: Total: 355/545
BJP 303+2, Allies 50

This will be the highest ever strength of NDA, surpassing the current strength of 341 as well as the strength of 336 after LS 2014. Even after exit of TDP and loss of 36 AIADMK seats....it is absolutely remarkable that the overall strength will increase a lot. NaMo-Shah jodi da jawaab nahin!
Indeed, the extent of victory is puzzling. After losing AP, TG (only 4) and TN seats 100%, they STILL post a 300+ for BJP alone. This is a totally dominating victory. Like Kohli's India giving the Aussies solid thrashing in Australia. And, KLD, your predictions were right on da money. Fo' shizzle ...you da Man.
Yes sah, thank you sah.

I did fervently wish for BJP 300+ an' NDA 350+.

One tempestuous nyte, I received an epiphany of Lawd Ram. He told me dat it was destined. And with much haste did I share da Lawd's Good Newz with you good people here!

And make no mistake: On the Second Day of Jyeshtha in da Lawd's Year 1941, He hath brought it to pass on da holy land of Bharat.

Prayze be upon Lawd Ram, and Exalted be His Name. Gawbless you too, sah.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Nikhil T wrote:Disagree. No ideologue should head MHRD - we have enough problems to solve in education before we start revising history and textbooks. We're producing millions of educated but employable youth each year - its a ticking time bomb.

I want to see an educated reformer to head MHRD.
Those are among the key problems that we need to solve with Indian education. Don't see why they cannot be tackled at the same time.

Care to explain why you pitched S. Jaishankar for NSA?
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Producing self loathing sepoys with no pride, love or respect for their own people, culture is a danger for us. It needs to be fixed along with curriculum improvements for employability.
Nalla Baalu
BRFite

Post by Nalla Baalu »

I am unaware of the context in which this expression was used, but I am guessing the word used may have been bondha and not bondu.

Bondu/bondhu: Draw-string, as in what is used to fasten a loose pajama around waist
Bonda/bondha: Burial mound, as in the spot a dead body has been interred at.

During his late TDP days, KCR had notoriously quipped 'mimmalni bondha-la pedtha', I.e. I will bury you folks (read TDP). I presume there is a YouTube clip of this.
banrjeer wrote:
Singha wrote:Frustitute
@Frustitute
Follow Follow @Frustitute
More
KCR abused Hindus

BJP doing very well in North Telangana Looks like the Hindus referred to as “Hindu gallu Bondu gallu” by TRS have hit back
What is bondu?
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

siddhu wrote:I heard some talk about Ghar wapasi of Jagan by Modi ji. Would be wonderful if it's true.
Where was this talk heard ? Any source ? Or are you referring to 'chaiwala' matters ?
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

OmkarC wrote:
Rishi_Tri wrote:
Tamil Nadu is disappointment especially with legions of Iyers, Iyengars, Chettiars and large middle class, and not to mention Sadhguru!

Don't quite accept the theory that Tamil youth does not understand national politics, is not able to discern between propaganda and reality and that Demonetization worked to BJP's detriment.

I would say otherwise. In recent twitter trend #TNRejectsBJP many Tamil youth stood up for Modi, BJP. I would say, the tie up with AIADMK and baggage it carried damaged BJP's chances. AIADMK administration has at best been bumbling and BJP was not strong enough to override the negative. All the same, it gives BJP the chance to lead non DMK alliance through weakened AIADMK and emerge over next decade or so.

Telangana has been decisively breached and shall be next stronghold for BJP after Karnataka. Heard people say that they voted though there was lack of local BJP leadership. Xian influence is heavy in Telangana but still people voted. Having long border with Karnataka definitely helps Telangana.

I dont think Xtian influence is stronger in TG than rest of the south.. its more Green vs Saffron.

OmkarC wrote:

- Nizamabad, massive if BJP pulls this off as its against KCR's daughter, the Axis poll lists BJP/TRS as popular parties and as a tough seat. Disagree - its a very very tough seat. With >50% chance of BJP victory. The local candidate has been grooming this seat for a while, spending time with farmers, he even used his own funds to set up free medical clinics for poor children for several years now. He comes from a political family, his dad is former state congress president & now leader of TRS.. and has enough financial muscle, community support, etc. KCR's daughter apparently ignored farmer's plight for the past 5 yrs and there is serious farmer anger. Fingers crossed.

- Karimnagar, this was KCR's own seat for 3 times in a row. But somehow the local BJP candidate has managed to galvanize and build mass following among rural youth. A strong Hindutva candidate, he has had one too many verbal duels with Owaisi saab and even his house was stoned after he lost MLA elections by MIM goons a few months back. The Axis poll says its not a tough seat and he would win. I would've agreed with this exit poll if not for the money power of both the congress & TRS rivals. Kudos to Shah on studying the pulse, identifying this person & reward him with an MP seat candidature.

-The third one they predict is Adilabad, which is in the tribal belt, the local BJP candidate is a genuine tribal activist but financially weak compared to his stronger congress, TRS opponents. The exit poll mentions its a BJP vs cong fight, while my opinion its a TRS vs Cong fight. Disagree with their estimate as the party doesn't have strong cadre here like the other two.

Additionally:
-Agree w/ exit poll prediction on Secunderabad. BJP will lose their incumbent seat to TRS by a huge margin.
-Disagree with the exit poll on Mahboobnagar that predicts an easy walkover for TRS - the congress defected BJP candidate has good grip on the district and congress has a reasonable candidate as well - its a 3-way fight. BJP candidate has ~34% chance, compared to her rivals.

Analysis of victory now, to discern whether victory was due to Hindutva, Nationalism/Modifactor or local issues.. FYI, victories in Nizamabad & Karimnagar are very special as they were against the CM's daughter (Nizamabad) & right hand of KCR (Vinod Kumar, in Karimnagar):

Nizamabad: Peculiar local Issue + candidate. It was MASSIVE and people are still reeling from this impact, but as predicted above, BJP already had a >50% chance of winning due to the tenacity & focus of the local candidate, D Aravind. He even got Rajnath Singh to come to his constituency and give an assurance to Local Turmeric farmers that their ask for a Turmeric board will be addressed within the first month he is elected. While Kavita couldn't get that board in 5 years despite being CM's daughter. Plus, his family rallied behind him solidly with finance, connections, while staying in TRS. I would unfortunately say that if this candidate contested from a Congress ticket, he would've still won as he would've had some fraction of minority votes too.

Karimnagar: Strong Hindutva + Modi factor + candidate .. Local candidate, Bandi Sanjay is extremely popular among rural youth as one of their own. He ran an aggressive door-door campaign on Hindutva, Modi & Nationalism w/ some development issues. As if it were not enough, KCR (in a fit of shameful arrogance, abused Hindus as a whole (for which he was given a warning by EC).. that helped rally voters behind Sanjay as well.

Secunderabad: Nationalism/Modi factor. This was BJP's incumbent seat but based on what I heard from locals, thought and even Dr. PP's analysis gave it to rivals. The three main blocks here are Yadavas & BCs, North Indians (army folks) & Christians.. I believe a few reasons why BJP won here, despite cadre not being happy w/ Kishan's selection, was that both Congress & TRS declared Yadav candidates as Yadavs alone constitute > 2Lakh voters.. This seems to have split the Yadav & Christian votes.. North Indians, Army folks voted en-masse for BJP along with rest of unwashed masses due to Modi factor alone.

Adilabad: Adilabad is called the "Mukha Dwaram of south India" and is in the Tribal belt. Here it was a combination of Modi factor + Local issues. The winning BJP candidate is a former Congressman who jumped ship for MP ticket. He capitalized on nationalism + lack of development and shifting of Tribal university native to that place to another city, which had impacted locals.

I was hoping for BJP victory in Mahbubnagar, but the congress candidate polled 20% of vote (as mentioned above), ruining the chance of DK Aruna.

Overall, I would rate all the above victories as a result of exceptional hardwork by cadre & candidates, but caution against over-optimism that TG has been breached decisively as Congress has also done well despite their horrible state leadership.. but yes, this excellent result shows Shah is being advised by the right people on TG matters and it will definitely make more progress in the next 5 yrs. And yes, the state is more Hindutva-friendly like Karnataka, than Andhra, KL & TN..

nicely done Omkar Ji. as the results came rolling in i kept an eye on these seats based on your prediction.

i am really happy to learn about good candidates like Bandi Sanjay. As an idealogical BJP supporter i was disappointed in state BJP as most party members i knew were goondas( my info is from 2004 time and Hyd/Sec). i hope the BJP leadership builds on this and promotes such good party workers. BJP can give TRS a huge challenge soon.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

OmkarC wrote:

Can D Aravind & Bandi Sanjay be groomed as future BJP leaders and CM? D. Aravind seems to have right ideas, I am surprised that Nizamabad does not have a local turmeric board! Lot can be done in Nizamabad using turmeric and it can become a multi-million in USD business world wide!! Imagine a multi-million dollar business (or more) coming from a single district. It is doable.

A couple of visits by NaMo and repeat of doubling agricultural income on turmeric and ginger and some projects connecting Adilabad-Warangal corridor into Maharashtra and developing Warangal into a mini-industrial hub will pay in spades. From there the next steps will be to get the krishna/godavari districts in place.
Rishi_Tri
BRFite

Post by Rishi_Tri »

Atmavik wrote:
OmkarC wrote:

OmkarC wrote:

nicely done Omkar Ji. as the results came rolling in i kept an eye on these seats based on your prediction.

i am really happy to learn about good candidates like Bandi Sanjay. As an idealogical BJP supporter i was disappointed in state BJP as most party members i knew were goondas( my info is from 2004 time and Hyd/Sec). i hope the BJP leadership builds on this and promotes such good party workers. BJP can give TRS a huge challenge soon.
Abridged the above responses. Thanks for your insights. Very sharp. Dhanyawaad.
Atmavik
BRFite

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Post by Atmavik »

folks,

not sure if this is the correct thread to ask this but just noticed that Barkha bibi's tv show does not show POK and Aksai chin as part of india. i thought this was illegal in india? does she get away because its youtube ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpV8wQHvWHk
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Was scanning multiple news portals in Malayalam.
Commies finally smell coffee at Sabari Mala. The The State Secretariat of CPI(M)* sugar coats the truth; but realise that the way CPI(M) and the Chief Minister in particular handled the court's verdict related to Sabari Mala did help in getting the drubbing they got. They have realised that there has been drop in votes even from their cadre & families.

Now the question comes why did BJP not win many seats. My gut feeling is that the Hindu voters did not expect a return of Modi government at the centre. Remember the dialogue of the Congress spokesperson - Keralites are 100% literate and can read Malayalam news papers! ?. The Malayalam news papers were on a massive propaganda that Congress would win Lok Sabha elections and Ra.Ga would be the PM. The 100% literate crowd - majority of them who have not gone out of the state or seen the vast India - believed what these news papers told them. So they voted for a candidate whose party they expected to see win all across India. Now today they realise that what ever their 100% literacy based intelligence and blind faith in "neutral" (!?) news papers is all wrong.

Though I don't expect CPI(M) to try further stunts in the hill temple for the next few years. They really fear that it would effect them during state assembly elections as well.

By the way, CPI(M) leadership is now looking for a Wagon R type car. This is to bring in and take out their MPs from the Lok Sabha. Old model should be fine, they are not looking for the new 7 seater Wagon R. So if any one has a car for sale, please contact Com. Sitaram Yechuri.

* Actually CPI(M)'s state secretariat, national secretariat, polit bureau are all one and the same. Filled with same old folks primarily from Northern Kerala :lol:.
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

But that is turncoat dhimmi behavior! They need to vote for what they believe in. KL deserves what it is getting then...
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

Atmavik wrote:folks,

not sure if this is the correct thread to ask this but just noticed that Barkha bibi's tv show does not show POK and Aksai chin as part of india. i thought this was illegal in india? does she get away because its youtube ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpV8wQHvWHk
Atmavik ji, I have seen versions of that map on every channel these past few days, including on the EC site. IMO, the black areas show where no polling took place - hence, POK and Aksai Chin.
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

V_Raman wrote:But that is turncoat dhimmi behavior! They need to vote for what they believe in. KL deserves what it is getting then...

lets not be that harsh.. it takes a lot to conquer a fortress electorally. masses need to believe that you are a viable option other wise its a wasted vote.

if bengal can turn so can 100% literate kerala. if we think of it bengal is coming full circle. It was the land of revolutionaries
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

अर्ध-सन्यासी (Half-Hermit) ‏

@bababanaras
3m3 minutes ago
More
News from behind the scenes

@AmitShah may be next defence minister of India. The Ministry of Home Affairs or the Ministry of Defense, deep discussion is in progress. @nsitharaman may be next foreign Minister.
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

Atmavik wrote:
V_Raman wrote:But that is turncoat dhimmi behavior! They need to vote for what they believe in. KL deserves what it is getting then...

lets not be that harsh.. it takes a lot to conquer a fortress electorally. masses need to believe that you are a viable option other wise its a wasted vote.

if bengal can turn so can 100% literate kerala. if we think of it bengal is coming full circle. It was the land of revolutionaries
I guess you could say they believed their press and voted that way. Now they know better for the next time. Agree that it is a slow process. I am still surprised that one can trust the press this much in this day and age!