2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Post by Karan M »

And as much as we may not realize it, his polished and measured response to all charges against the Modi govt convinced many fence sitters to vote for Modi.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Should Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Raman Singh be made cabinet ministers ?

Btw what is this bhagwant Mann story how did he manage to win ?
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

Mann is a popular comedian..."Jugnu" series...has a fan following in Sangrur...but also has a major drinking problem...even entered a Gurudwara in Faridkot totally drunk....also a loose canon and openly disrespects Khujliwal, just happens to have done decent work in Sangrur....this is not an AAP phenomenon...
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Isnt he a Khalistani?

Otherwise sounds like the Punjabi version of Captain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf2NF6zgu9Q
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

I don't know if Gadkari harbors ambitions for one of the big ministries, but he is still vital in the Transport and Water Res ministry. There is absolutely no one else who can do as good a job as him in there. I hope he takes one for the team and agree to remain there, considering how vital the infra sector is going to remain over the next 5 years.

The loss of both SS and Jaitley from the cabinet is unfortunate. Piyush Goyal can perhaps be made the Finance Minister. Rajnath should remain where he is as HM. Not sure where Amit Shah fits in. He could be a good HM, but then Rajnath would demand defence or EAM, neither of which he is particularly suited for. But if Modi has to choose, it has to be EAM.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Vinu wrote:Modi Ji's first signature this time should be awarding a Padma award to Dilbu Ji.

It is the best time for this government to recognise the rare but important talent of proven Anti Jinx skills of Dilbu Ji and how he has been rendering his selfless service to the nation for years.
:eek: It is all good fun and I can some how pretend that I contributed to the win when Modiji takes oath as prime minister of my beloved India on that podium. The immense satisfaction and goose bumps of that moment is reward enough for me. :D
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

What are the numbers in RS now? How easy/difficult is it for Modi Sarkar 2.0 compared to the first version?
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Thanks Dilbu garu you contributed the final atom that tilted the scales hence the appreciation:)
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

nachiket wrote:I don't know if Gadkari harbors ambitions for one of the big ministries, but he is still vital in the Transport and Water Res ministry.

Not sure where Amit Shah fits in. ....
Just like Amit Shah loves to plan and fight elections....

Nitin Gadkari is super passionate about Infrastructure projects ... he should be used there, he openly said in interviews that he doesn't allow rules getting in the way of THE WORK

Arjun Singh the master controller always preferred this HRD Minister portfolio, I think AS can do many wrongs right by rooting out EJ + Commie cabal.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Modi is going to do another road show in Varanasi. He is going to giving me a heart attack.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Dilbu wrote:What are the numbers in RS now? How easy/difficult is it for Modi Sarkar 2.0 compared to the first version?
_/\_

Profound Pranams

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajya_Sabha
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Dilbu wrote:
Vinu wrote:Modi Ji's first signature this time should be awarding a Padma award to Dilbu Ji.

It is the best time for this government to recognise the rare but important talent of proven Anti Jinx skills of Dilbu Ji and how he has been rendering his selfless service to the nation for years.
:eek: It is all good fun and I can some how pretend that I contributed to the win when Modiji takes oath as prime minister of my beloved India on that podium. The immense satisfaction and goose bumps of that moment is reward enough for me. :D
I second the demand for Padma award to Dilbu saar. His superb anti-jinx skills were an essential component of this victory, especially the work he put in to get Smriti Irani past the line.

I'm usually the first to threaten him with a pitchfork when he is missing :mrgreen: so I have to praise him just as much when he delivers.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

@Ramanaji - Better close this thread sir. Elections are over and results have come. So let us not have anything else further here. There is also no need to open further political threads as the same problems faced earlier will return
souravB
BRFite

Post by souravB »

I am surprised nobody is considering Suresh Prabhu as RM. He is focused on the job, well spoken and practical who excelled in dealing with beauracracy in RailMin.
RM should also be a well spoken statesman like EAM, Infact one part of it's job is extension of MEA. That ousts AS or RS, who erudite as they are not foreign relations material.
Next choice for RM would be Piyush Goyal but he might be needed for FinMin.
NS can take over the legacy of SS. I actually loved when SS would stand with all male group of foreign ministers and show a force of Bharatiya Nari. NS as a person comes out as very confident and proud of her sex and culture. Also she is very active and no-nonsense which we need in the future EAM.
NG must not be moved from Transport and Infra rather the RailMin should be folded into Transport. NG should also get 3 state ministers for each of the separate sections to ease up his workloads and should focus on privatization as much as possible.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

smriti irani has posted a "the north remembers" GOT pic on instagram after her amethi win

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx0gNhJHc4J ... _copy_link
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Wasnt Prabhus record in Rail Min mixed?
Also how is Jayant Sinha performing. Hope his loud mouth, selfish dad hasnt killed this guys chances if he is performing.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

RG resignation not accepted. I was hoping they would accept it and judges may finally be brave enough to deliver some justice in corruption cases.
A Nandy
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by A Nandy »

Right on cue she started killing again :evil:
https://www.opindia.com/2019/05/another ... lames-tmc/
souravB
BRFite

Post by souravB »

Karan M wrote:Wasnt Prabhus record in Rail Min mixed?
Also how is Jayant Sinha performing. Hope his loud mouth, selfish dad hasnt killed this guys chances if he is performing.
Yes. Like MoD, RailMin was also an impregnable maze of bureaucrats maybe even bigger than MoD. SP had his win and lose moments in railways but there were very few accidents in 5 years, trains ran on time even during fog time(more or less), general cleanliness and station services have improved. On the flip IRCTC service quality has dropped (most prominent example is exactly 3 french fry for a portion), not much investment in infra updation etc.
People asking for JS as FM, don't think his Father's sin will reflect in his appointment if he is considered.
jaysimha
BRFite

Post by jaysimha »

Yagnasri wrote:@Ramanaji - Better close this thread sir. Elections are over and results have come. So let us not have anything else further here. There is also no need to open further political threads as the same problems faced earlier will return
No no no,,,,,,, let it be there till swearing in ceremony,,

meanwhile

Prime Minister's Office
PM continues to receive congratulatory messages from world leaders
Posted On: 24 MAY 2019 9:14PM by PIB Delhi
http://pib.nic.in/PressReleaseIframePag ... ID=1572576

President Trump congratulated the Prime Minister on the unprecedented electoral victory. The two leaders agreed to meet at the forthcoming G-20 Summit in Osaka, Japan, to discuss bilateral relations and global matters. They also agreed to work together for further enhancing the close and strategic partnership between the two countries.

no word from UK yet ?? or i have missed
like some one here said, june ends MAY..
we will get it in JUNE,, bha I cant wait
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

I think we need the thread for a while to get an idea of what the Govts policies are, who is heading what, etc.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Worth a read:
"A Victory For Democracy: Ordinary Indians Do Not Vote To Gain Foreign Or Elite Approval, That Is The Whole Point Of Our Constitution"
https://swarajyamag.com/politics/a-vict ... nstitution
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

some foreign leaders may be invited to the swearing in. begum haseena cannot attend as she has another trip the next day else she was on list.
la.khan
BRFite

Post by la.khan »

Finance: Piyush Goyal
Home: Rajnath Singh
Defence: Suresh Prabhu
External Affairs: Nirmala Sitharaman
HRD: Amit Shah
Railways: Shivraj Singh Chauhan
Transport: Nitin Gadkari
Commerce: Retd. Gen. V. K. Singh
I&B: Smriti Irani
Civil Aviation: ????
Tourism: ????
Agriculture: ????
Coal/power: ????

There are Jayant Sinha, Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Meenakshi Lekhi, Babul Supriyo, a host of MPs from NDA allies (Shiv Sena, JD(U) etc). Can Sushil Kumar Modi be asked to move to New Delhi?

Amit Shah as HRD minister will have #LeLi gangs go into paroxyms of pain :P :twisted:
A Nandy
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by A Nandy »

komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

hanumadu wrote:RG resignation not accepted. I was hoping they would accept it and judges may finally be brave enough to deliver some justice in corruption cases.
It is absolutely frightening to realize that this group of vain, pompous,ignorant fools (SG, RG, PV) and their educated retainer, MMS were running India for a decade.

And this is the group that the Western media again wants running the government in India.
Shivaji
BRFite

Post by Shivaji »

Singha wrote:smriti irani has posted a "the north remembers" GOT pic on instagram after her amethi win

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx0gNhJHc4J ... _copy_link
A good interview of Smriti Irani by Arnab. Looking at her persistence in Amethi, how she handled fall-out of her being stripped of HRD ministry and subsequent good work in Textile ministry, she can be awarded a good ministry.

Around 20 minutes, she mentions instagram profile.
Shivaji
BRFite

Post by Shivaji »

souravB wrote:I am surprised nobody is considering Suresh Prabhu as RM. He is focused on the job, well spoken and practical who excelled in dealing with beauracracy in RailMin.
With emphasis on drinking water and possibly river linking in 2019 manifesto, Suresh Prabhu would most likely be assigned that. Modi ji noticed Suresh Prabhu during his work in NDA-I on river linking and insisted on his inclusion in 2014.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

robert vadra hearing in delhi HC wrt appeal by ED to withdraw his protection from arrest is coming up monday.

imo every indian village to have a water filtration local plant and some pipes atleast to each lane where people can gather water is a very necessary and challenging goal. now that electrical line is extended to every village in india, power for this plant is not an issue and generator can also be provided.

good access to water, well trained basic healthcare in every village cluster and education for all it is a must to close this gap if we aspire to P3 status in 2030. we need to get the top50 in every human development indicator. our avg is quite poor at the moment.
chandrabhan
BRFite

Post by chandrabhan »

My hunch is that Smriti will be the new EAM and Piyush the FINMIN. Sushmaji will be packed off to US as Ambassador. Rajnath/Nirmala may come as Party president. Nirmala has been useless as Raksha Mantri.
Narad
BRFite

Post by Narad »

^^
Smriti Irani is underqualified to be EAM.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

suryag wrote:Should Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Raman Singh be made cabinet ministers ?

Btw what is this bhagwant Mann story how did he manage to win ?
supposed to have done decent work there.
chandrabhan
BRFite

Post by chandrabhan »

Narad wrote:^^
Smriti Irani is underqualified to be EAM.
What was Modi's qualification to be PM and what was Indira's qualification to be PM? Indira was 12th pass and graduation fail.. People learn on the job. Moreover NaMo will continue to drive Foreign policy through NSA & PMO. Sushmaji was doing nothing but doling out Visas on Twitter.

Never underestimate the strength of Smriti. She may become PM someday post Maharaj ji & Himanta
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by Kashi »

Anujan wrote:I still haven't heard a reasonable non conspiratorial analysis on why the family still dominates and why there has been no Coo against them.

It's clear they can't win elections. It's clear Rahul Gandhi has no political abilities whatsoever. Why are they still on top?
Because without them INC will fall apart in a day. INC leaders will not accept anyone's leadership but family's.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Modi addressing NDA elected MP's meet
asbchakri
BRFite

Post by asbchakri »

hanumadu wrote:RG resignation not accepted. I was hoping they would accept it and judges may finally be brave enough to deliver some justice in corruption cases.
No we need him as much as we need Dilbu ji so that we see this day again in 2024. :mrgreen:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Though senior Congress leaders have privately admitted these shortcomings helped create a political sinkhole, on record today, the Working Committee said it had authorized Mr Gandhi to overhaul the party. This suggests that Mr Gandhi did not have unlimited powers thus far - and that it is the absence of these that may have impeded his strike rate.

:rotfl:
asbchakri
BRFite

Post by asbchakri »

I'm interested to see what role himanta biswa sarma gets in the new government. Will he be still be in charge of NE or will he get a more National role.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

chandrabhan wrote:
Sushmaji was doing nothing but doling out Visas on Twitter.
She did a lot more than 'doling out visas' on twitter boss. The impact of her work can be seen at any Indian mission abroad, she has streamlined procedures to move everything online, dismissed all third party agencies (VFS types), introduced ETA, and most importantly started the process of delivering judicial summons abroad.

I live in the Gelf, her work is testament to the improved working conditions, the rather quick intervention in labour disputes, scrupulous agents exploiting gullible Indians, and ensuring human rights of blue collar workers. Previously if one approached the mission for assistance, the IFS babus would make you run around in circles. Today, I step foot into a police station, and the cops make sure your problems are resolved because they don't want to be berated by the Indian mission.
asbchakri
BRFite

Post by asbchakri »

Seer Who Performed A "Yagna" For Digvijaya Singh Sacked From Akhara

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/niranja ... gh-2042866

:rotfl: :rotfl: