2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Post by IndraD »

well im no expert but acc to people around citizenship bill & 370 need consitution amendment included in BJP sankalp
asbchakri
BRFite

Post by asbchakri »

srin wrote:https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 506879.cms
The sources added that responsibility will be fixed for the party's debacle in the general elections and actions will unfold in the next 10 days.

Gandhi had offered to step down from the party President's post at the CWC meeting, taking responsibility for Congress' embarrassing defeat in the Lok Sabha polls. However, his offer was unanimously rejected by the CWC members though Gandhi had insisted on its acceptance.
Party sources said that Gandhi took back the offer to resign in the wake of the views expressed by the CWC members.
Now we can all be happy. Good news for 2024 elections :D
Pheeww... he had me worried fora moment :shock: :shock:
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

https://twitter.com/VedTiwari/status/11 ... 1984752640
Owaisi supporters hurl MC BC abuses at Raja Singh, taunt their people were in namaz & roza else they thrash Hindus in their home
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

https://zeenews.india.com/tamil-nadu/wi ... 90888.html
Will support it if southern states want to break away from India: DMK leader MK Stalin
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

This is a video interview w/ D Aravind, the BJP candidate who defeated KCR's daughter in Nizamabad, Telangana.. to give an insight into how Telangana is changing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF4pyENejaI

The video is in Telugu and hence am providing a few brief translations. His clarity of thought & grip on local issues is impressive. Future leadership material for Telangana for sure :

<my translation for the first few dialogues>

"
Journalist: You joined BJP on Aug 15, 2017.. did you imagine you'd ever be an MP in such a short time.
Aravind: I joined BJP only to work with & strengthen Modi ji. Strengthening Modi is proving your patriotism. We had a focused target for 21 months and achieved it thanks to hardwork of everyone including party Cadre.

Journalist: Why did you chose to contest MP elections, that too in the toughest seat in the state against CM's daughter in Nizamabad.
Aravind: I am big fan of National issues. My party highlighted Art 370 removal in its manifesto, if I can vote for removing it in Indian parliament, that will give me immense happiness. So will implementing NRC across the entire country, including our Nizamabad. So does contributing to building Ram Mandir, which needs to be built at the exact location . I will sleep peacefully if I can vote for these issues in parliament. Kashmir is integral part of India, why can't we go and do business there ? Some foolish people with vested interest created Art 35A and 370. My life will be successful if I can vote for a Bill that calls for removing these articles.

Journalist: you sound like a hardcore Hindutvawadi, but your father is a congressman
Aravind: Yes, I am a hardcore Hindutvawadi. But the above issues are about hardcore Nationalism. Why should anyone who is not nationalist stay in this country ? Why should anyone control who comes and stays in Kashmir.
<local issues>
"

Wearing "hardcore Hindutva" as a badge of honor sums up the attitude of the new crop of young BJP leadership emerging in the state - fearless, confident and nationalist !
Theeran
BRFite

Post by Theeran »

IndraD wrote:https://zeenews.india.com/tamil-nadu/wi ... 90888.html
Will support it if southern states want to break away from India: DMK leader MK Stalin
I'm not able to find this news in any of the Tamil dailies. It is not in Hindu either which this report cites as the source.
krishna_krishna
BRFite

Post by krishna_krishna »

Con-goons murder's BJP worker and SI poll manager in amethi :

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 510470.cms
Skanda
BRFite

Post by Skanda »

Tehseen Poonawala meltdown on NTDV

Watch between 06.00 to 08.00

Runs down Ketkar, Rajiv Shukla, Shourie, Sudheendra. Wow. Calls them jokers. Amazing.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Amit Shah tweets :
"BJP got more than 50% VOTES in 17 States & between 45% to 50% in 9 States"
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

Skanda wrote:Tehseen Poonawala meltdown on NTDV

Runs down Ketkar, Rajiv Shukla, Shourie, Sudheendra. Wow. Calls them jokers. Amazing.
The knives are out! :rotfl:
Vadivel
BRFite

Post by Vadivel »

Picklu wrote:One of the best impact of the 2019 is to remove(partially) the trauma of 2004 from the indic folks.

The 2004, in its impact, were similar to the last ball six of Javed Miandad in Sharjah. Anyone who had gone through that match would attest the deep lasting scar left to the psyche that multiple Indian win at various venue still haven't removed completely despite the current dominance. 2004 GE result was one such. Similar to the cricket situation, the scar would never go completely (we have lost at least 10+ years of our productive life with UPA at helm) but this result would help sooth the pain.
I remember that six when I was a kid, but Balaji six in Karachi in Pakistan in Ind-Pak series during mushy equated it.

I don’t feel any pain now.
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

Supratik wrote:Sunil Deodhar or HBS may be the next president.
My bet is on kailsah vijayvargiya after delivering haryana, WB an of course MP.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Ma ... 243835.ece

Religious divide obliterates good work of ‘Ponnaar’
Consolidation of Christian votes went against Pon. Radhakrishnan in Kanniyakumari
Though he had executed commendable multi-crore development projects in his constituency, which were quite new to the southernmost segment of the country’s mainland, the lone BJP MP from Tamil Nadu and Union Minister of State for Shipping and Finance Pon. Radhakrishnan, suffered a crushing defeat in the Lok Sabha polls from Kanniyakumari constituency at the hands of H. Vasanthakumar of Congress by a whopping margin of 2.59 lakh votes.

While Mr. Vasanthakumar, chairman of the widely popular Vasanth & Co., polled 6,26,916 votes, Mr. Radhakrishnan got 3,67,108 votes.

With this victory, Mr. Vasanthakumar, the richest candidate from Tamil Nadu, has avenged the defeat he had suffered at the hands of Mr. Radhakrishnan in the same constituency in the 2014 general elections.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Is BJP going to do anything about its workers being killed with impunity? Does it even care? SI's close aide was killed, but twitter is full of how SI is carrying his body over his shoulders, than actual crime. Post results we saw many such murders. Or top leadership of BJP talking about murdered workers is all they are going to get?
jpremnath
BRFite

Post by jpremnath »

Skanda wrote: Watch between 06.00 to 08.00

We should have a compilation of such videos...total meltdown of NDTV and other channel folks from the counting day.... :rotfl:
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Karthik S wrote:Is BJP going to do anything about its workers being killed with impunity? Does it even care? SI's close aide was killed, but twitter is full of how SI is carrying his body over his shoulders, than actual crime. Post results we saw many such murders. Or top leadership of BJP talking about murdered workers is all they are going to get?
This is not like a Sholay movie where you go and shout out "Gabbar Singh, mere hath dede mujhe" (Gabbar Singh, give me back my arms).

Amethi is in UP and it now has a full time MP. Full force of law needs to be brought on the perpetrators. Smriti'ji going there just shows that she is very much hands on and involved. And it seems some five persons have already been arrested. In essence, CONgoons were ruling via their goons. And now CONgoons have lost Amethi for an entire generation. Regarding the perpetrators, law needs to take its own course. Smriti'ji already said she will seek death sentence.
While Surendra’s son Abhay Pratap Singh said his father’s kiling was a ‘political murder’, Irani told mediapersons outside the former sarpanch’s house that he was killed so that Amethi could be “terrorised, disintegrated and bowed down”.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... aign=cppst
Here is the irony, the person could have been alive if medical help was provided at the quickest. Instead they had to take the person all the way to lucknow! Medical infrastructure is lacking.

This point, instead of retaliating in anger:

1. Have an insurance scheme for the BJP karyakartas.
2. Bring the perpetrators to justice as quickly as the judiciary allows
3. Identify sensitive areas and start tapping into legal aid.

India is just emerging from dark ages. It will take at least 5-10 years before things come to a better point. Take a look at Surat, thousands of coaching institutes operate illegally and without any safety norms. It is as much people's responsibility, government can only do so much.

But for all of the above, judiciary has to work quickly.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Theeran wrote:
I'm not able to find this news in any of the Tamil dailies. It is not in Hindu either which this report cites as the source.
whatever the source, no other southern state will join in a secessionist movement led by the dravidian types or any other types.

the "dravidian" sentiment is solely confined to some elements in TN and no one else anywhere in the country supports such a sentiment.

I know that some similar sentiments fanned by the BIF is being bandied about, trying to gain a foothold in two other states but they have a fragmented, rudderless and divisive leadership that is acknowledged as the loony fringe.

what will stalin support it with, especially when these forces are diverse in origin and pulling in different directions too.

if stalin is pinned down to explain what he said or meant, he will come up with some wishy washy wimpy lame ass explanation, if not that ready escape hatch of a cornered politico: "I was misquoted and my words were twisted by a hostile press"
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

ShyamSP wrote:Are Gana-praja from Dwarak to Guwahati and Kashmir to Kanya Kumari are buying golden huts with 15 lakhs transferred from swiss accounts? :D
I do not have any power to ban. However I think the 15 lakhs is being well used, for example: https://www.newskarnataka.com/health-li ... m-jan-2018

And of course the campaign to end open defecation.

I am not aware of Railways, but I did find the airports very very very clean. In 2018. I heard from others that Railways are also very very clean. Of course the news sites are full of images showing clean airports, railway stations, tracks and colourful toilets!
kedariprasad
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kedariprasad »

BJP secures 50% or more vote share in 16 states, UTs together

https://www.livemint.com/elections/lok- ... 59828.html
kedariprasad
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kedariprasad »

Schmidt
BRFite

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by Schmidt »

Rishi_Tri wrote: Tamil Nadu is disappointment especially with legions of Iyers, Iyengars, Chettiars and large middle class, and not to mention Sadhguru!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Tambram population in TN is less than 2% now

When I attend marriages within the community , I am struck by the absence of youngsters and kids - they all seem to be abroad

I myself am and NRI but atleast get to visit more often

Don't expect Tambrams to get politically active anytime soon. They have been systematicall disenfranchised in TN by the DK/DMK gangs and have learnt to mind their own business in the preceding decades.

And no , Tambrams did not vote for Kamal. If anything he is more detestable than DK / DMK.

The best bet is ADMK ( the lesser evil ) .

Modi needs to get the mofo TTV Dinakaran behnd bars at the earliest , reunify ADMK .
It is better to have some understanding with ADMK rather than an outright alliance ,as the hatred towards BJP seems to have rubbed off on ADMK this time.

Also , the local BJP leadership must espouse peoples causes more visibly , and open a TV channel or two.

H Raja must learn to keep his mouth shut.
Schmidt
BRFite

Post by Schmidt »

TKiran wrote:Tamils froth in mouth against Sanskrit is your own and some recent BIF narrative. There's no difference between Sanskrit and Tamil as both have common literature some works taken from Sanskrit to Tamil and some other works (mainly bhakti traditions) taken from Tamil to Sanskrit. There's perfect harmony between Tamil and Sanskrit as sister languages.

In fact, Thirukkural is the "Advaita" Vedanta. Where is the difference?
==================================================================

TKiran , all the above points are absolutely true.

In fact if one knows Tamil really well , they will understand that many Tamil and Sanskrit ( by extension Hindi ) words have common roots .

However , will the rank and file of DK/DMK gangs accept your points ? To them , Sanskrit and Hindi are more alien than English and Arabic.

Also , I do accept your point about the richness of Tamil literature . But one should not denigrate other languages . Hindi is a comparatively younger and more plebeian language.

However , what is the status of Tamil culture today ? In all art forms ? Just see how mango Tamils behave with each other.

We can keep basking in the glory of ancient Tamils, but what we see today is frankly disgusting.
kedariprasad
BRFite -Trainee

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by kedariprasad »

Nikhil T wrote:What are Rakshak's recommendation for key Modi 2.0 appointments?

For me:
1. NSA: Doval is 74 yrs old already and would be 79 when the term of Modi 2.0 ends. Maybe someone like S.Jaishankar.
2. Raksha Mantri: N.Sitharaman. I'd put someone efficient like Rajvardhan Rathore as her deputy.
3. Finance: Piyush Goyal
4. Home: Gen VK Singh
5. MEA: Ravi Shankar Prasad
6. Roads and Highways: Nitin Gadkari
7. Railways: Smriti Irani
8. Power, Renewable Energy: Suresh Prabhu

Send Jaitley, Swaraj and Rajnath to Raj Bhavans.
What about Amit Shah?
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Theeran wrote:
I hope in 2021 Assembly elections DMK allocates the same proportion of seats to INC, Communists, VCK and fights election on Tamil issues with Zero Freebies or loan write off promises. They can have their memes, attempt to close factories, abuse whatever they want- that will show them where thier ideology actually stands.

Since TN has not been cheated directly INC promises lately like Rajastan, MP CHattisgarh and Karnataka many in TN thought they were pushing a button and getting 6K a month, while these states voted in anger against INC for being cheated.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

vimal wrote:https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Ma ... 243835.ece

Religious divide obliterates good work of ‘Ponnaar’
Consolidation of Christian votes went against Pon. Radhakrishnan in Kanniyakumari
Though he had executed commendable multi-crore development projects in his constituency, which were quite new to the southernmost segment of the country’s mainland, the lone BJP MP from Tamil Nadu and Union Minister of State for Shipping and Finance Pon. Radhakrishnan, suffered a crushing defeat in the Lok Sabha polls from Kanniyakumari constituency at the hands of H. Vasanthakumar of Congress by a whopping margin of 2.59 lakh votes.

While Mr. Vasanthakumar, chairman of the widely popular Vasanth & Co., polled 6,26,916 votes, Mr. Radhakrishnan got 3,67,108 votes.

With this victory, Mr. Vasanthakumar, the richest candidate from Tamil Nadu, has avenged the defeat he had suffered at the hands of Mr. Radhakrishnan in the same constituency in the 2014 general elections.
Interesting that the "venerable" Hindu itself came out with an article like this.

Btw, why not call it "polarization" instead of "consolidation"? (rhetorical quesiton onlee :mrgreen:)
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

I don't know who inducted Gambir into bjp , he need some orientation course. Dude thinks he figured it out and want to guide the nation.

Quick solution is making him work in bengal or kerala. It will set him right.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

To begin with I want Amit Shah as the Minister of I & B. :lol:
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

syam wrote:I don't know who inducted Gambir into bjp , he need some orientation course. Dude thinks he figured it out and want to guide the nation.

What did he do?

Sports guys, military guys tend to have action oriented mindset and hence speak fast, shoot fast. Doesn't work that way in politics.
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

Karan M wrote: What did he do?
Gautam Gambhir
@GautamGambhir
“In Gurugram Muslim man told to remove skullcap,chant Jai Shri Ram”.
It is deplorable. Exemplary action needed by Gurugram authorities. We are a secular nation where
@Javedakhtarjadu
writes “ओ पालन हारे, निर्गुण और न्यारे” &
@RakeyshOmMehra
gave us d song “अर्ज़ियाँ” in Delhi 6.
Delhi bjp is most embarrassing unit in entire organization.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Skanda wrote:Tehseen Poonawala meltdown on NTDV

Desperate NDTV host tries to deflect & curtail. Obviously someone in NDTV studio is yelling into her earpiece to cut Tehseen off.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Guys, Stalin supporting independent southern states. I find it curious that TheNewsMinute has in the past and even now promoting / publishing this with some plausible deniability.
Same on Sterlite.
The guys need to be cut down.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Karan M wrote:
syam wrote:I don't know who inducted Gambir into bjp , he need some orientation course. Dude thinks he figured it out and want to guide the nation.

What did he do?

Sports guys, military guys tend to have action oriented mindset and hence speak fast, shoot fast. Doesn't work that way in politics.
Just day before yesterday NM asked his MPs not to open their mount before media. May be GG thought it only applies to MSM and not to SM. BTW, he was acting secular even before elections. Nothing infuriates supporters when people like GG are faster than brett lee to comment about some altercation but keep their mouth shut when 100s of BJP workers and hindus are killed.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Instead of complaining about a newbie first time MP here why not just tell him that bluntly on SM, tagging the PMO handle too if required ?
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

It has been done, and looks like he got the point, replied saying his idea of secularism is from NM etc etc. BTW he came in place of Mahesh Giri.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

syam wrote:Delhi bjp is most embarrassing unit in entire organization.
My own view is that Modi/Shah too prone to mistakes.

When they had figure out the way the wind was blowing in Delhi why in the world did they nominate this guy? Better to have given a guy like Delhi's equivalent of "Tejasvi Surya" a chance, someone who came from within. One can understand getting outsiders in Bengal or Telangana or Andhara where the party does not have much presence.

Sadhvi Pragya too was a bit of showmanship. Now they are stuck with their choice. Cannot acknowledge her not dismiss her. Both options come with its own cost.

These are self goals that could have been avoided.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Nothing wrong with condemning an alledged attack on a Muslim for wearing skull cap and not agreeing to shout Jai shri ram.

I would have been concerned if GG did not condem this alleged attack.

This fits in nicely with Modi bowing to the Indian constitution.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

:lol:
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^^
That part is OK but did he have to quote that bustard @Javedakhtarjadu of all people.

I mean he couldn't find a single line form any of our spiritual literature to imply the same? If he did not want to quote Hindu scripture he could have quoted Guru Nanak or Buddha or Mahavir. I am sure we could find an equivalent or better quote.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

disha wrote:
ShyamSP wrote:Are Gana-praja from Dwarak to Guwahati and Kashmir to Kanya Kumari are buying golden huts with 15 lakhs transferred from swiss accounts? :D
I do not have any power to ban. However I think the 15 lakhs is being well used, for example: https://www.newskarnataka.com/health-li ... m-jan-2018

And of course the campaign to end open defecation.

I am not aware of Railways, but I did find the airports very very very clean. In 2018. I heard from others that Railways are also very very clean. Of course the news sites are full of images showing clean airports, railway stations, tracks and colourful toilets!
I periodically travel in long distance trains and cleanliness is evident since Modi took over.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://www.inreportcard.in/eleven-myth ... -1852.html
11 Myths busted by Elections 2019
Myth 2 - BJP did poorly in South India.

Truth - BJP is the LARGEST party in South India, West India and East India. The biggest myth is about the South, where BJP has won 30 seats, significantly higher than Congress which emerged as the 4th largest party of South India after BJP, YSRCP and DMK.