2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Post by pankajs »

IndraD wrote:Jaitley sir has retired for health reasons, he will be sorely missed! Su Swamy hoping for a ministry
SuSwamy is a loose cannon
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

SuSwamy is also not some spry youngster. I just hope he doesn't turn a Shourie. :roll:
siqir
BRFite -Trainee

Post by siqir »

https://mobile.twitter.com/ARanganathan ... 5246068739

dude was prototype mani shankar aiyar
Last edited by siqir on 29 May 2019 18:21, edited 1 time in total.
Shaktimaan
BRFite

Post by Shaktimaan »

I have nothing to say on the topic of RRMR, but I will say this : There were a few thousand sati deaths in some areas of the country, but the British-caused famines killed literally crores of Indians. But now the impression is, the British were enlightened rulers who saved the evil heathen Hindoos from sati.

We need strong historians to write correct history from a true Indian perspective.

Anyhoo this is off-topic and you'll hear no more from me.

In other news, Mamata Didi has cancelled her attendance at Modiji's swearing-in ceremony tomorrow because Modiji invited the families of BJP karyakartas killed in Bengal to the ceremony.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Shaktimaan wrote:In other news, Mamata Didi has cancelled her attendance at Modiji's swearing-in ceremony tomorrow because Modiji invited the families of BJP karyakartas killed in Bengal to the ceremony.
Modi/Shah couldn't have asked for more of Mamta.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

While I am happy with the invite to families of the slain karyakarta from Bengal, wouldn't it have been more prudent to invite the families of karyakarta from other parts of the country that too lost their lives in the service of the party in these elections?
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

pankajs wrote:
IndraD wrote:Jaitley sir has retired for health reasons, he will be sorely missed! Su Swamy hoping for a ministry
SuSwamy is a loose cannon
That's an understatement. Please read the following interview and assess his chances for a cabinet berth leave alone FM'ship.

https://www.huffingtonpost.in/entry/sub ... 3f020f?nt8
Ramu
BRFite

Post by Ramu »

What happened to the 15 day notice given to RG for proving his nationality?
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

IMHO we are derailing this thread with historical inputs and disucssion
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

Ramu wrote:What happened to the 15 day notice given to RG for proving his nationality?

Supreme Court dismissed it
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karan M wrote:SuSwamy is also not some spry youngster. I just hope he doesn't turn a Shourie. :roll:

not a ministry but he should be recognized in some way for the efforts that he has singlehandedly put in to corner many venomous political snakes and dynastic charlatans.

If that small thing is not done, he will turn and it will happen sooner rather than later.

this guy usually ticks like a swiss watch on normal days but he can also tick like a time bomb, if pushed to the wall.

better to have him in your tent pissing out rather than outside pissing in :mrgreen:
Last edited by chetak on 29 May 2019 19:11, edited 1 time in total.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

I agree, tired of losing in-house talent. Modi needs to take some oldies along, and manage their egos, in this case, because of the value they bring. Don't want Shourie/Sinha redux :(
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karan M wrote:I agree, tired of losing in-house talent. Modi needs to take some oldies along, and manage their egos, in this case, because of the value they bring. Don't want Shourie/Sinha redux :(
even Modi will not be able to handle swamy in full cry if he is pushed to turn.

nobody can.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karan M wrote:I agree, tired of losing in-house talent. Modi needs to take some oldies along, and manage their egos, in this case, because of the value they bring. Don't want Shourie/Sinha redux :(
murli manohar joshi to sort out the education reforms and the RTE mess.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Kashi wrote:While I am happy with the invite to families of the slain karyakarta from Bengal, wouldn't it have been more prudent to invite the families of karyakarta from other parts of the country that too lost their lives in the service of the party in these elections?
they already have 6500 guests, not to mention the drivers, assistants, chaprasis and other hangers on who will mysteriously turn up to "help" whenever there is a feast.

it is injudicious to mix these strata of society in the same place.

I have been to functions like this where there is a mad rush for the food and to grab "goodies" and with the inevitable jostlings and scrambling, an explosive situation is easily created leading to unwanted and very unpleasant consequences.
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

chetak wrote:
Kashi wrote:While I am happy with the invite to families of the slain karyakarta from Bengal, wouldn't it have been more prudent to invite the families of karyakarta from other parts of the country that too lost their lives in the service of the party in these elections?
they already have 6500 guests, not to mention the drivers, assistants, chaprasis and other hangers on who will mysteriously turn up to "help" whenever there is a feast.

it is injudicious to mix these strata of society in the same place.

I have been to functions like this where there is a mad rush for the food and to grab "goodies" and with the inevitable jostlings and scrambling, an explosive situation is easily created leading to unwanted and very unpleasant consequences.
2014 ceremony was not a good showcase in terms of Program Management and experience of people who attended it; there were few articles in that regard - not able to get hands on links
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 501208.cms
Half of BJP’s additional MPs from SC/ST constituencies
An analysis of the reserved seats shows that the party has won 77 of 131 such constituencies this time as compared to 67 in 2014. This is significant in view of the dominant narrative about the ruling party’s estrangement from Dalits and tribals. BJP has, in fact, increased its tally in both SC and ST seats while Congress — the second top claimant of reserved constituencies — lost three such seats.

Despite marginally increasing its overall Lok Sabha tally from 44 to 52, Congress saw a dent in reserved constituencies where it got only nine seats this year as compared to 12 in 2014.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Picklu, please heed suryag's warning and post now on in WB thread.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karl Modi :wink:

Last edited by chetak on 29 May 2019 21:02, edited 1 time in total.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

I guess this thread needs to be renamed 2024 general elections :D
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

MahulR, given some information regarding your post here in bengal thread.
viewtopic.php?p=2358260#p2358260
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

nits wrote:
Ramu wrote:What happened to the 15 day notice given to RG for proving his nationality?

Supreme Court dismissed it
SC did not quash the Home Ministry notice. All that it did was quashing PIL quoting photocopies of British Company House documents to say that it cannot take cognisance of purported photocopies of documents whose provenance it has no means of verifying authenticity to demand investigations by the Centre. If there indeed is a Home Ministry notice let us see what Rahul Gandhi response is.
Last edited by nandakumar on 29 May 2019 21:26, edited 1 time in total.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

.. deleted OT...
Last edited by sudeepj on 29 May 2019 21:36, edited 1 time in total.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

souravB wrote:
sudeepj wrote:
Possible? Its the most probable of all the probable scenarios that Diggy raja has something to do with the tapes.. :rotfl: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, it is clearly CMS in use. I wonder what do they keep as insurance.
CMS?
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Guys - one moderator has already asked you to move RRR discussions to the WB thread. How many more times does the request have to be made before its no longer a request?
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Squint Nayan

TMC Leaders joining BJP are highly opportunistic & their hands are deeply drenched with blood of our Karyakartas. At least For the respect of our fallen brothers their entry to BJP shouldnt be cheered

@squintneon

We don't need person like Manirul Islam who has FIR on his head for murder & said he crushed 3 brothers under his feet after state power got his name omitted from FIR
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

Karan M wrote:Guys - one moderator has already asked you to move RRR discussions to the WB thread. How many more times does the request have to be made before its no longer a request?
Ill move mine.. Its hard to see the mod warning that was a few posts above Picklus.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

New Home Minister will pursue.
Its MHA process now.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

re-opened. No more Rammohun Roy discussion here.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

Did we ever get the full 2011 census data out in public domain?
VKumar
BRFite

Post by VKumar »

pankajs wrote:
Shaktimaan wrote:In other news, Mamata Didi has cancelled her attendance at Modiji's swearing-in ceremony tomorrow because Modiji invited the families of BJP karyakartas killed in Bengal to the ceremony.
Modi/Shah couldn't have asked for more of Mamta.
Those who don't attend this time will not be invited next time.
souravB
BRFite

Post by souravB »

sudeepj wrote:
souravB wrote: Well, it is clearly CMS in use. I wonder what do they keep as insurance.
CMS?
CMS
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

https://youtu.be/MALR49dfYlA

Conversation with Prof RV on why the NSA should take the threats to Modi seriously

aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

wasu wrote:
Rahul M wrote:this is excellent move.

They should be seated next to Jihadidi at the Ceremony.
Fearing that she might be lynched/booed,spat at, or worse "Jay Shri Ram"-ed, she dropped her plans of leaving the safety of Bengal Police.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I disagree with RVaidya for he implies the NSA is lax on PM security.
It's the NSA that spends sleepless nights and days while swamykins take pot shots.

I will ask RV too.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

303 Is Not An Emphatic Answer, It Is A Profound Question
https://swarajyamag.com/politics/303-is ... d-question
Indians have posed a series of questions to Modi, the kind of questions that doting but expectant parents pose to their prodigious children.

This victory reminds me of a particular interaction I had with the director of the consulting arm of my erstwhile workplace whom I used to report to.

My company, as part of performance appraisals, used to rate people in four categories — ‘outstanding’, ‘exceeds expectations’, ‘meets expectations’, and ‘needs improvement’.

I had notched up the ‘exceeds expectations’ rating for the second successive time and was quite chuffed about it. Well, who wouldn’t be, especially if it was just in the third year of your career and you were possibly looking at a good salary hike because of it?

However, this particular director decided to have a sobering, but in a way, inspiring conversation with me.

He said, “So you have exceeded expectations yet again?”. “Yes”, I replied.

“Do you realise the meaning of this?”, he asked. I had the good sense to stay silent then.

He dropped what was a truth bomb on a 24–25-year-old. “The meaning of this is, if you exceed expectations in the next year, you are still in the ‘meets expectations’ category because you were anyway expected to exceed expectations.”

I realised that what I had shown I could do and my company’s appreciation for what I could do, was not an answer but a question, a challenge posed to me. “Show us what more you can do” — it said.

A similar conversation has happened between the electorate and Modi.

“Here’s my work. I made India the fastest builder of highways in the world, I build 1.5 crore afforadable homes, I built 10 crore toilets and took the sanitation coverage to almost 100 per cent, I electrified almost every home, I showed the guts to do a Balakot….”, and so on, Modi presented his progress card to the people.

“We like what you did and for that, here, take 272 so that you can continue to do your good work. But wait, don’t go and start working as yet! We know what you can do. However, here are 31 more seats for you. It makes it 303, something we haven’t given anyone for 3 decades. Show us what more you can do that we did not imagine you could!”, said the people to Modi.

Modi, the astute politician, I am sure knows that this emphatic victory is not an incremental win but an electoral revolution of sorts. To win 303 in the times of a fragmented polity much unlike the times in which the Congress used to notch up such numbers is huge. It is not a conditional approval but a blank cheque of sorts. “Write the amount you want, do whatever you want with it but ensure you do something that can be remembered for centuries”, the people are saying.
But what is it that Modi will do as a reply to this massive mandate to create a lasting legacy? That is the question Modi will answer over the next five years. Interesting times ahead.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

One more "result" of 2019 General Election...

https://swarajyamag.com/insta/robert-va ... -treatment
During a hearing before a special CBI court in Delhi today ( 29 May), Robert Vadra claimed that he needed to fly to London for diagnosis and treatment after having developed a tumour in his large intestine, reports India Today. :cry: :(( :mrgreen:

Vadra submitted a medical certificate as proof of the same and appealed for his passport to be returned to him. The court has reserved its order on the issue for 3 June.

Vadra’s counsel K T S Tulsi contended that his client has been fully willing to cooperate in the Enforcement Directorate’s investigation, and it cannot be argued that he would flee. :roll:

The prosecution advocate rejected these contentions and asked that if the certificate had been issued on 13 May, as the date on it mentioned, why hadn’t it been produced before the court earlier.

Further, the lawyer questioned, "Why does the medical certificate say he will take further opinion from London? He can take it from anywhere else. It's not like treatment is not available in India. Why is the medical certificate specifying where he can get the second opinion from?"
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

He has taken only loose change compared to His Mum-in-Law/Ahmed Patel....not that i fell sorry for him.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Rudradev wrote:One more "result" of 2019 General Election...

https://swarajyamag.com/insta/robert-va ... -treatment
During a hearing before a special CBI court in Delhi today ( 29 May), Robert Vadra claimed that he needed to fly to London for diagnosis and treatment after having developed a tumour in his large intestine, reports India Today. :cry: :(( :mrgreen:

Vadra submitted a medical certificate as proof of the same and appealed for his passport to be returned to him. The court has reserved its order on the issue for 3 June.

Vadra’s counsel K T S Tulsi contended that his client has been fully willing to cooperate in the Enforcement Directorate’s investigation, and it cannot be argued that he would flee. :roll:

The prosecution advocate rejected these contentions and asked that if the certificate had been issued on 13 May, as the date on it mentioned, why hadn’t it been produced before the court earlier.

Further, the lawyer questioned, "Why does the medical certificate say he will take further opinion from London? He can take it from anywhere else. It's not like treatment is not available in India. Why is the medical certificate specifying where he can get the second opinion from?"
And I can say for certain that there are better and experienced GI surgeons in India than the UK !! All he needs for a second opinion are investigation reports that can be sent by email. Who is he trying to fool? All the cases against him are stacked up !!

RV does need a holistic treatment right in India :mrgreen:
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Yes. Someone should tell Advocate K T S Tulsi that Tata Memorial Cancer Centre in Mumbai is excellent. Conveniently located within a few km of Arthur Road Jail. :mrgreen: