2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Post by ramana »

Kashi wrote:While I am happy with the invite to families of the slain karyakarta from Bengal, wouldn't it have been more prudent to invite the families of karyakarta from other parts of the country that too lost their lives in the service of the party in these elections?
Nearly 700 karyakartas were killed all over the country in the lead up to this 2019 elections.
Many families from all over India are invited.
Media is focussing on Bengal invitees.
Pathik
BRFite

Post by Pathik »

vimal wrote:I pray to all laards to keep Pappu at the helm of opposition for a long time. He is the star campaigner for NDA not Modi or AS.
:D saar opposition saying RaGa will fall into BJP trap if he resigns, thought it was the other way round
asbchakri
BRFite

Post by asbchakri »

Pathik wrote:
vimal wrote:I pray to all laards to keep Pappu at the helm of opposition for a long time. He is the star campaigner for NDA not Modi or AS.
:D saar opposition saying RaGa will fall into BJP trap if he resigns, thought it was the other way round
Well if he resigns and props up someone, people will say he put a puppet and controls with remote like his mom did to manmohan. If he does not resign people are saying he is not taking accountability. He is not sure what the hell to do now. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

ED tightens noose around Robert Vadra in money laundering case
New Delhi: The noose around Robert Vadra, brother-in-law of Congress President Rahul Gandhi, seems to have tightened further with the Enforcement Directorate (ED) issuing fresh summons to him on Wednesday in connection with a money laundering case, that is linked to purchase of alleged illegal assets abroad. Vadra has been asked to appear before the ED’s investigating officer of the case at around 10:30 am at the agency’s office here on Thursday.

The ED moved to the court only last week to seek cancellation of the anticipatory bail given to Vadra in this case. The Delhi high court had then issued notice to him seeking his response.

The ED, which had grilled Vadra over a dozen times in this case, had told the Delhi HC that it required Vadra’s custody as he was not cooperating in the investigation and the trial court had not discussed the gravity of the offence in its order that gave relief to Vadra, husband of Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi.

The Enforcement Directorate case against Vadra relates to allegations of money laundering in the purchase of a London-based property located at 12, Bryanston Square that is worth 1.9 million british pounds, that is allegedly owned by him. The agency had told a Delhi court that it has received information about various new properties in London which belong to Vadra.

These include two houses, one worth 5 million GBP and the other valued at 4 million GBP, six other flats and more properties. Vadra has denied the allegations of possessing illegal foreign assets and termed them a political witch hunt against him.
He said he was being “hounded and harassed” to subserve political ends.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

India Speaks Daily on INC looting money from various states: https://youtu.be/bwUBvgP-VtE
Skanda
BRFite

Post by Skanda »

asbchakri wrote:
Pathik wrote:
Well if he resigns and props up someone, people will say he put a puppet and controls with remote like his mom did to manmohan. If he does not resign people are saying he is not taking accountability. He is not sure what the hell to do now. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I am not sure where I read this, but several people are indicating that Rahul might have broken. The defeat has been so comprehensive that it has really shaken him up. With such defeat, he may genuinely be in a position where he no longer knows what to believe and everyone he relied on to improve Congress position can no longer be trusted.

I mean, at the far end of the election, he actually felt that he had a chance to limit BJP's advance and force them into a coalition. At the "manthan", he still held on to the belief that they lost because his aides didnt carry the message of "chowkidar chor hai" with conviction. He simply has no idea what hit him.
Skanda
BRFite

Post by Skanda »

Rudradev wrote:One more "result" of 2019 General Election...
https://swarajyamag.com/insta/robert-va ... -treatment

The prosecution advocate rejected these contentions and asked that if the certificate had been issued on 13 May, as the date on it mentioned, why hadn’t it been produced before the court earlier.
More proof that Congress believed that Modi needed a coalition in the next election and they could exploit this to slip away or force the judiciary to back off.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

If he is allowed to go, will produce more certificates signed by british doctors of the need for a very long stay to undergo treatment and heal over there...slowly he will shift his business there and get a british gc like mallya did
Skanda
BRFite

Post by Skanda »

How Project ‘Shakti’ Misled Rahul And Deepened Congress's Lok Sabha Rout

Everyone should read this article. Shows how the Gandhi's got conned by the Praveen Chakravarty, "an angel investor and an MBA from Wharton". Hats off to this guy for conning the biggest conmen.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Skanda wrote:
asbchakri wrote: Well if he resigns and props up someone, people will say he put a puppet and controls with remote like his mom did to manmohan. If he does not resign people are saying he is not taking accountability. He is not sure what the hell to do now. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I am not sure where I read this, but several people are indicating that Rahul might have broken. The defeat has been so comprehensive that it has really shaken him up. With such defeat, he may genuinely be in a position where he no longer knows what to believe and everyone he relied on to improve Congress position can no longer be trusted.

I mean, at the far end of the election, he actually felt that he had a chance to limit BJP's advance and force them into a coalition. At the "manthan", he still held on to the belief that they lost because his aides didnt carry the message of "chowkidar chor hai" with conviction. He simply has no idea what hit him.

He is broken because he dreads another five years of hard work. Who knows, it might be 10 or 15 even. And he has no capability on his own. He has to rely on others for even the slightest of things and every one giving their own opinion is making it too hard for him to choose from.

He never wanted all of this. It was fun as long as congress was in power or perhaps even in opposition as long as Modi left them alone to enjoy their loot. But now it is either come back to power or go to prison. He probably will choose prison if he is spared the slog.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

That Project Shakti article is quite illuminating. Rahul Gandhi would have benefited from trying and losing a slogan based campaign in college.

Curiously, the periodic articles about Varun Gandhi taking over Congress have not made an appearance since the results were declared.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

If the dynasty was smart they would set themselves up with a pension loot of several million USD of INC funds and retire in the UK.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

vera_k wrote:Curiously, the periodic articles about Varun Gandhi taking over Congress have not made an appearance since the results were declared.
Maneka and Varun swapped constituencies this time around- she contested from Sultanpur and him from Pilibhit. Maneka Gandhi's winning margin from Sultanpur was 14,526 votes (Varun had won by 1.78 lakh votes in 2014). Varun Gandhi won in Pilibhit by 2.55 lakh votes (Maneka had won by 3 lakh votes in 2014).

I wonder what were the reasons for this switch.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

rNDTV's 'analysis' of potential portfolios is hilarious. And apparently Modijee will be wary of Amit Shah in the government as a potential challenger. How are these morons so clueless? :rotfl:
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

https://twitter.com/rssurjewala/status/ ... 6324954118
.@INCIndia has decided to not send spokespersons on television debates for a month.

All media channels/editors are requested to not place Congress representatives on their shows.
Congees have decided to boycott the media for a month. :mrgreen:
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

^^^ The media is their spokespeople anyway!
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

Kashi wrote:
vera_k wrote:Curiously, the periodic articles about Varun Gandhi taking over Congress have not made an appearance since the results were declared.
Maneka and Varun swapped constituencies this time around- she contested from Sultanpur and him from Pilibhit. Maneka Gandhi's winning margin from Sultanpur was 14,526 votes (Varun had won by 1.78 lakh votes in 2014). Varun Gandhi won in Pilibhit by 2.55 lakh votes (Maneka had won by 3 lakh votes in 2014).

I wonder what were the reasons for this switch.
Sultanpur was a tough seat due to demographics and win was not assured; Pilbhit was more secure. Mom sacrificed to ensure Son's career is safe.
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

banrjeer wrote: The key to that power and clout are their umm non muslim fellow citizens. ., If they erode that then they are shooting themselves in the foot. But the perception of some of the dumber ones and even the saner ones... very clear in Mehbooba's interview with Rajat sharma is of a "west asian sugar daddy" ...a recurring theme..

Despite the fact that India is writing some of the fattest checks to them.
I am sure you are aware what Saudi consider Pakistanis..

If Saudis can show arrogance to people of other countries, why cannot Indian Muslims. Regarding Mehbooba, we can line up some alternative viewpoints on TV. A country of billion will not have shortage of talking people..
gauravsh
BRFite

Post by gauravsh »

Any news on V K Singh being re-inducted in the ministry. I didn't see his name coming up anywhere.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

chetak wrote:
Karan M wrote:I agree, tired of losing in-house talent. Modi needs to take some oldies along, and manage their egos, in this case, because of the value they bring. Don't want Shourie/Sinha redux :(
even Modi will not be able to handle swamy in full cry if he is pushed to turn.

nobody can.
TBH Susu made some valid points. A lot of folks voted bjp because they simply didn't see an alternative. But this doesn't mean they were not pissed about non delivery on key items like Ram mandir, article 370, farmer situation etc. ...Susu is critical but often has a good point and should not be discarded simply because he is vocal in his critique. The guy is priceless in hunting down rascals and even when it comes to above issues. frankly he has better credentials when it come to economy than anyone in the bjp to be fin min. Jaitley was lukewarm and now if not necessary.
madhu
BRFite

Post by madhu »

gauravsh wrote:Any news on V K Singh being re-inducted in the ministry. I didn't see his name coming up anywhere.
https://www.news18.com/news/politics/a- ... _top_pos_2

his name is there.
Dumal
BRFite

Post by Dumal »

madhu wrote:
gauravsh wrote:Any news on V K Singh being re-inducted in the ministry. I didn't see his name coming up anywhere.
https://www.news18.com/news/politics/a- ... _top_pos_2
Wonder who Dimple Yadav in this list is? Can't be Akhilesh's wife, right?
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Is this list even authentic?
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

su swamy kept out as per media reports
he said on 24 May it was Hindutva wave which got bjp thru and not modi, he also said our economy is in ruins
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Cain Marko wrote:But this doesn't mean they were not pissed about non delivery on key items like Ram mandir, article 370, farmer situation etc.
Before the elections the worry was about a so-called "Core Hindu" voter group who was pi$$ed of that the above list of demands were not met by Namo 1 Govt. But when it came to the elections BJP scored more seats than last time. So I am getting a feeling that there is also a "Core-what ever group" who may vote for BJP and Na.Mo in large numbers if certain other promises (welfare schemes et.al) are actually kept.
Kashi wrote:Is this list even authentic?
I doubt it. Looks like the list of cabinet ministers is still kept as a closely guarded secret. I also see names of a few of Kerala based BJP folks in circulation, and one or two even making a trip to New Delhi. May be decoys ;).
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Ardeshir wrote:rNDTV's 'analysis' of potential portfolios is hilarious. And apparently Modijee will be wary of Amit Shah in the government as a potential challenger. How are these morons so clueless? :rotfl:
Not clueless but spreading FUD within the BJP ranks and files. This is pretty standard for such entities.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Sachin wrote:
Cain Marko wrote:But this doesn't mean they were not pissed about non delivery on key items like Ram mandir, article 370, farmer situation etc.
Before the elections the worry was about a so-called "Core Hindu" voter group who was pi$$ed of that the above list of demands were not met by Namo 1 Govt. But when it came to the elections BJP scored more seats than last time. So I am getting a feeling that there is also a "Core-what ever group" who may vote for BJP and Na.Mo in large numbers if certain other promises (welfare schemes et.al) are actually kept.
BJP at least talks of these "core" issues on and off even if has no intention to deliver .. Name anyone party that even talks of those issues? None. So wrt Ram Mandir, Article 370, etc there is the TINA factor.

OTOH, the largest voter segment is the poor and these votes shifts based on delivery. Modi 1.0 focused on this segment with Jan Dhan, Toilet, LPG, rural housing, etc. Modi 1.0 was all about cementing this newly gained voter base and expanding that base while the Ram Temple, Article 370, etc "core-issues" where held in abeyance.

Any little attrition on the "core-issues" inspite of TINA, will be compensated by the new voter base. Politics is about the art of possible cynical.

BTW, if one has not noticed, by harping on coalition dharma Modi has already created the *excuse* necessary to stay clear on the "core-issues" again! Now I am not a mind reader so who know what will happen on the "core-issues" in Modi 2.0. I am simply pointing out that option to stay clear is already being readied.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

I am ok with some core issues being given non core treatment, for a while at least as long as majority gets freedom to breathe and is not criminalized as was the intent with Communal Violence Bill. That requires BJP to be in power for at least 4-5 terms while incrementally the publics mood changes and the left's Hinduphobia is made irrelevant and all these changes happen as "ideas whose time had come". BRF/Internet RW are minority. Vast majority of middle class IMHO remain clueless about these topics, in fact get scared of ppl aggressively pushing for change. They will need time too, to wake up from 70 yrs of leftist kool-aid.
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

More than Ram mandir, i am interested in 270 and 35a and restrict the minority exception. Ram mandir is an emotive issue no doubt and major voting issue too but the day to day of the voter is much more impacted by those other 3 and low hanging fruit too
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Art 370. 35A & RTE.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Karan M wrote:I am ok with some core issues being given non core treatment, for a while at least as long as majority gets freedom to breathe and is not criminalized as was the intent with Communal Violence Bill. That requires BJP to be in power for at least 4-5 terms while incrementally the publics mood changes and the left's Hinduphobia is made irrelevant and all these changes happen as "ideas whose time had come". BRF/Internet RW are minority. Vast majority of middle class IMHO remain clueless about these topics, in fact get scared of ppl aggressively pushing for change. They will need time too, to wake up from 70 yrs of leftist kool-aid.
Absolutely! Folks here don't realize that any change that is rammed through BUT the BJP falls in the process can AND will be overturned almost immediately.

First priority is to ensure the survival of the BJP beyond a term, preferably make them the default/primary axis. This means expanding the BJP tent to the maximum possible even at the cost of delay on the core issues. This is exactly what Modi/Shah duo are doing with single minded focus.

The 2nd priority is ensure the primacy of the "Hindu" voters so that they can no more be ignored. The impact of Modi 1.0 is for everyone to see! From pappu''s temple run to the EJ Jagan's extensive use of Vedic rituals just before his swearing in! I caught a few minutes in the TV and I was astonished. This guy even beats Modi and that is saying something going by the previous *sickular* Indian standard of governance.

The 3rd priority is to make the Hindu feel the power of their vote. The results in UP assembly, the recent Bengal results and the near wipe-out of the Communist in Kerala are that show of force. Astonishingly, Many Hindus have still not realized what has just happened in front of their very own eyes!

Once the Hindus get "fully" conscious of last 2, the "core" issues are just a step away. They will demand and the politicos of EVERY hue will be forced to deliver or perish. This is one reason the Hindu's where sought to be kept divided in the first place.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

1. I think Modi/Shah will get RS majority only by 2021 or there abouts.
2. Allies like JDU will resist any movement on the core issues except my be some action on Kashmir.

Now, to me that looks like BJP will keep all the "core" issues on the back-burner till about 1 year before the next GE and ram it through during the last 6 months before the Elections.

By then, the would have solidified their base and would be in a position to take on their allies like JDU in Bihar. They will then fight the 2024 election on a primary plank of having delivered on "some" core issues while challenging the opposition to fight on these "sensitive and emotional" issues. Looks like a plan.
gauravsh
BRFite

Post by gauravsh »

S Jaishankar joining the cabinet. He has a good hand on China.
Last edited by gauravsh on 30 May 2019 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

https://swarajyamag.com/politics/all-is ... t-gang-yet
All Is Not Lost For The Khan Market Gang Yet

Read and discuss!
ani_sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ani_sharma »

Dumal wrote:
Wonder who Dimple Yadav in this list is? Can't be Akhilesh's wife, right?
Can't find any dimple yadav MP from BJP
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

With Jaishankar on board, I think the deck is being cleared to take back PoK.

One thing that NaMo and Shah has shown is that they don't skimp in setting up audacious goal.

Most probably they are laughing at us injuns discussing mere 370 and 35A

As NaMo ministers said, there won't be change in constitution (the border itself will change) :)
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

For the post of Leader of Opposition, will NCP and Congress merge?
The status is granted to the party that gets at least 10% of the Lok Sabha's 543 seats
Business Standard , May 27, 2019

The Congress has won 52 seats in the new Lok Sabha. This means none of its leaders would be eligible for the Opposition leader status in the Lok Sabha. The status is granted to the house leader of the principal Opposition party but only if that party gets at least 10 per cent of the Lok Sabha's 543 seats. The Congress is a couple of seats short. A section in the Congress believes it is time that the Sharad Pawar-led Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) merged with the Congress. This, according to some, will serve two purposes. The NCP has five MPs in the new Lok Sabha. Merging with the Congress would take the Congress tally to 57 in the Lok Sabha, and would entitle the Congress party's leader in the House for leader of the Opposition status. Moreover, this could also help the two parties have greater synergy as they prepare for the Maharashtra Assembly polls in September-October. However, NCP sources have, until now, denied the possibility of a merger with the Congress.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

gauravsh wrote:S Jaishankar joining the cabinet. He has a good hand on China.
source ?
Patni
BRFite

Post by Patni »

IMHO it takes a long time and it has to be a slow and deliberate turn around from 55+ years of psudo-secular pasand setup that we have. Akin to a supertanker turning around at high sea, it will take a fair distance ( in years) as well a wide turning radius (small and incremental unrevealing of current hinduphobic setup) to ensure it does not topple over.
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

Rahul M wrote:
gauravsh wrote:S Jaishankar joining the cabinet. He has a good hand on China.
source ?
Republic TV. Watch live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX9_YKaQC9w

Also, claiming that Amit Shah will be new FM