2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Post by Karthik S »

ArjunPandit wrote:4. Sad to hear even sushma swaraj also not join the govt, given her health conditions. She really gave a human touch to the conduct of
I don't get this feeling for SS. Did you forget twitter medical visa for pakis? That tanvi case? Turning a blind eye towards many foreign EJs misusing visa norms and yet no action taken ? That human touch is expected of her, but that doesn't absolve her of above doings.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

ani_sharma wrote: Modi/Shah have realized that they have maxed out their political growth they can achieve with the current state of polity of india.
I assume their objective is to target anti-india or BIF to create more space for future growth of BJP.

I just hope - Shah retains direct/indirect control of BJP and Shah's value addition to overall political space is similar to what was as of Sardar patel.
I hope I am correct.

Summarizing my views in simple way:
https://twitter.com/Sootradhar/status/1 ... 4701749248
Good leadership also entails grooming talent and giving young blood space to try and fail in a safe environment. These guys are thinking for India after 2029 when Modi will be very old and very likely wont stand for election anymore.
By that time we should have cleared the cesspool that has accumulated in last 70 years.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

ramana wrote:...Essentially he is saying that its the bureaucrats who will deliver and the ministers are potted plants?
Ramana garu, “potted plants” is bit extreme :D Now that 12 hrs are passed, and we know who is getting which portfolio, i can’t Speak for all appointments, but looking at the appointment of NSR’s as FM, word “conduit” comes to mind.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

mmasand wrote:The list is out. Nirmala Finance, Rajnath Defence (cringe), Amit Shah Home.
No cringe. Good at working the bureaucracy to get files moving.
Rishi_Tri
BRFite

Post by Rishi_Tri »

Called out earlier in day that Def Min needs change.

I am not a big fan of Mr Rajnath Singh but Def Min now needs political heft to push through long pending issues especially through babudom! In the power struggle days of 2013 when Amit Shah Ji was nowhere it was Rajnath Singh who endorsed Modi and set aside all objections. Not that Modi needed big endorsement but being BJP president, Rajnath needed to make process as smooth as possible. So there is that unshakeable bond between Modi and Rajnath that everyone shall understand.

After Kadi Ninda episode he did stop Kadi Ninda and major successes in J&K have been achieved since and of course, controlling red terror across the country. It shall be recognized in due course and not to mention the work to corral NGOs.

Rajnath is hard nosed RSS man. If he get's hang of key programs, key motivations of different parties, Def Min shall be in for good times. Over last five years Def Min has lost some of its importance and political push, sheen due to frequent changes hopefully this appointment shall restore that.

As to VK Singh, good appointment as that ministry needs push and with Nitin Gadkari not keeping well VKS shall do an Eisenhower in India. And yes, it was Gen BC Khanduri who started the highway development in first place. So its established now, Generals are good for guns and building roads :)

I think in today's India Finance Ministry is over-rated, of course you manage finances but eventually its about keeping books and collecting taxes. Programs are being run by other ministries, not Finance Ministry, and India needs rapid execution and super rapid execution. Nirmala Sitharaman as FM means Finance Ministry course has more or less been set and its about staying the course.

Likely Sh Swamy shall drool at prospect of running the finance ministry by proxy and all key discussions can be kept secret by having them in chaste Tamil :)
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Worried about finance ministry. No money, no honey for anything else. Hope NS does a good job there.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

The modern day Ministry of Finance has five Departments (for a reason) —

Department of Economic Affairs
Department of Expenditure
Department of Revenue
Department of Investment and Public Asset Management
Department of Financial Services

Wishing NSR all the best in her new role.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

I was a bit disappointed that the Def Min has seen a change again. It takes time to get to grips with this complex, messy ministry. And just when Nirmala seemed to get the hang of it, she is shunted.

The silver lining is that Rajnath needs to work very closely with Nirmala for fund-allocation, cutting red tape etc. And since she has been on the other side, she will move things faster.

I think Amit Shah getting Home was the 1st decision. Everything else flowed from that. Rajnath could get only Defence after that, which means Nirmala had to get Finance. Since she had earlier stints as MoS for Commerce, Finance & Corporate Affairs, this Ministry is not new territory for her.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

I hope you are right. I had thought Piyush Goyal was the right man for Finance. Tough, knowledgeable and gets things done. This is the most crucial ministry.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

As tsarkar noted, Rajnath Singh will do what the forces want. He is good at working the bureaucracy, file pushing. Not good from the indigenization perspective, but ok from the viewpoint of short term defence preparedness.
essay
BRFite -Trainee

Post by essay »

Is NSR just warming the seat for Jaitley to come back soon? In which case, she will follow the road already charted...
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

Surprised to see RS as Def Min, but what a fantastic feeling to see the likes of jihadi pasand Rana Ayyub howling like a banshee at the thought of Amit Shah :rotfl:
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Ardeshir wrote:Surprised to see RS as Def Min, but what a fantastic feeling to see the likes of jihadi pasand Rana Ayyub howling like a banshee at the thought of Amit Shah :rotfl:
To be expected ... I had written a post on the importance of Shah's appointment as Home minister on the last page. I was surprised that it took time.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

Karan M wrote:As tsarkar noted, Rajnath Singh will do what the forces want. He is good at working the bureaucracy, file pushing. Not good from the indigenization perspective, but ok from the viewpoint of short term defence preparedness.
I think Modi is practically overseeing defense . Rajnath will be doing the scut work at modis direction..he does not need vision or anything.. he just needs to be good at paper pushing and housekeeping and ensuring no hanky panky. I think rajnath can do that well.
Ashokk
BRFite

Post by Ashokk »

A constant reminder? Rafale replica placed outside Air Chief Marshal’s residence in Delhi across Congress HQ

The Air Force Chief has great admiration for the Rafale aircraft. During the huge controversy around the Rafale Deal, he had commended its capabilities. “When Rafales come in, our air defence capabilities will enhance manifold, and Pakistan will be deterred from lingering around the border and the LoC with the kind of capabilities we will possess, for which they don’t have an answer,” BS Dhanoa had said.

As for the Congress party itself, the replica will serve as a continuous reminder of the monumental failure of their party president Rahul Gandhi’s ‘Chowkidar Chor Hai‘ slogan. The Congress president’s sister appears to still believe that his party would have succeeded in defeating Narendra Modi had the senior leaders of his party chanted ‘Chowkidar Chor Hai’ just one more time with more conviction.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

Jihadi-Pasand Anti-Modi/Shah alleged journalist on teetar:

https://twitter.com/RanaAyyub/status/11 ... 6089247744
New Union Minister in Modi's cabinet, Pratap Sarangi was Bajrang Dal chief when missionary Graham Staines and his children were burnt alive. Sarangi propagated the evil designs of the Catholic church and instigated the attacks.
Didn't know he was from Bajrang Dal. And if so, more power to him! :D
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

pankajs wrote:Now that the Cabinet allocation is over ...

The velvet gloves (Kadi Ninda) is off and the Iron fist will become visible with Shah replacing Ninda Turtle in the Home ministry. I am expecting the Urban Naxal to howl in protest on this appointment but it seems they are too stunned at this moment. Remember the cases against him in Gujarat.

His appointment is bad news of all BIF forces. After getting all the pieces in the right position during the previous term the prep phase is over, by getting all the saboteurs out of the way at CBI, NIA, IB, etc. The action is about to begin and the most experienced senapati has been appointed to take it forward. Expect BIF forces to create huge roadblocks and disruptions but they will be overcome with a lot of effort.

His appointment is also bad news for political traitors. Anyone remembers how Shah was catapulted into the national politics? Now those forces that had him humiliated have their day of reckoning coming.

Plus, Mamta, C.Naidu, Jagan, etc need to be very very careful. With Shah at the helm anything is possible if they step out of line.

Be prepared for upheavals and fireworks in the days ahead.
Kishan Reddy got MoS Home, Kiren Rijiju's old job. I hope it is a signal to MIM.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

I think the best call was to make Amit Shah the Home Minister. Danda on the heads of the BIFs and Tukde Tukde gang, Bhooka-nangas from BD filtering into WB and Assam, Kashmiris etc. One can see that they have 370 and 35A in mind.

Poor Swamy. All that lobbying he did recently on twitter did not help him. I think Modi did the right thing to keep him away from FM job but I think he needs to be used in a way that makes him feel needed and important, and keep him out of trouble. Someone suggested some sort of advisor role with Cabinet rank, that seems to be good and the excuse can be that he is over 75 so cannot be given a portfolio as per norms.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

essay wrote:Is NSR just warming the seat for Jaitley to come back soon? In which case, she will follow the road already charted...
Doubt Jaitleyji is coming back. My armchair guess is that NSR will use the underlying bureaucracy to keep financial system plumbing clean and flowing, while most of the important decisions will come from NaMo/AS, perhaps in consultation with Jaitleyji. MHA for AS was by far the best outcome.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

Amit Ji in the home ministry will help fix the whole internal security situation and completely destroy internal BIF. Also will solve the Kashmir soft terror situation very quickly
NS Ji in finance will do a great job. Finance minister simply needs to understand business language and set the policy direction. She can do that hands down.
Rajnath Ji will keep the DM away from scams but don't expect him to be as involved as Parikar. We need a strong and creative bureaucracy here.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

KJo wrote:Poor Swamy. All that lobbying he did recently on twitter did not help him. I think Modi did the right thing to keep him away from FM job but I think he needs to be used in a way that makes him feel needed and important, and keep him out of trouble. Someone suggested some sort of advisor role with Cabinet rank, that seems to be good and the excuse can be that he is over 75 so cannot be given a portfolio as per norms.
Best for Modi/GOI to give him the backing to finish the high profile cases that he has been perusing all alone. That will keep him occupied and happy. Plus he will be doing the BJP's work.
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

williams wrote:Amit Ji in the home ministry will help fix the whole internal security situation and completely destroy internal BIF. Also will solve the Kashmir soft terror situation very quickly
with Gen VK getting MoS road transport [N + NE / China most probably], Jaishankar getting EAM and, Shah as HM I am hoping come 2022 there wont exist any PoJK.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

When you have a PM who can follow rain droplets, rf scattering and the battlefield, does one need to worry about anything when it comes to defense? NM would have picked to many things from Parrikar too about issues and priorities. Former DM and present FM would understand many things well and would protest if need be if present DM is being taken on a garden walk. I'm sure that NM also has that on a to do list on military taking bureaucrats on a garden walk.
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

Raskhak's should check the academic qualification of NS before doubting her credentials in Finmin.

With NS and Jaishankar, there are 2 JNU alumni in CCS :eek: :rotfl:
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Nikhil T wrote:Shripad Naik is the Minister of State in Defence assisting Kadi Ninda. This was the guy that claimed there’s proof that Yoga cures cancer. :shock:,
First of all do we know for sure that doing Yoga will *not* help with cancer? People laughed at Turmeric. Now there is a rush to make a $50 pill consumed by Khan market types. Later is fashionable.

I am surprised that we are doing Kadi Ninda of Shri Rajnath Singh. He worked closely with prime minister and ensured that in last five years there was no terrorist attack outside of J&K&L. Any body doing a kadi ninda of Rajnath singh needs to go back to 2008.

Defense min is in good hands.

It is us who have become over informed quick reactionary cynical delusional in our own 'BRF is ahead of the curve' koolaid
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

from the news minute
Deputy Chief Minister O Panneerselvam, meanwhile, saw the ministerial post as a given, considering that his son was the only AIADMK candidate to win a seat in the Lok Sabha polls in Tamil Nadu. With 5,04,813 votes, 39-year-old Raveendranath managed to gain 43.02% of the total votes in Theni constituency. Next in line with less than 8000 votes away was EVKS Elangovan from the Congress. Raveendranath, according to sources, had requested to become the Minister of State in either the Communications, Aviation or Fertilisers Ministry.

Both Raveendranath and Vaithilingam refused to comment on their prospects ahead of the ceremony.

AIADMK Rajya Sabha MP Navaneethakrishnan, however, told TNM neither MP was likely to get a seat.

"As far as I know the BJP government is not giving them any post in the ministries. This would not have been the case if Amma (former chief minister J Jayalalithaa) was there," he said. "But whatever the ruling party is doing, it is for the nation," he hurriedly added.

Raveendranath, Deputy Chief Minister O Panneerselvam son seems to have sought only ATM ministries as his due and entitlement

these TN politico guys haven't changed in any way and refuse to see the writing on the wall.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Picklu wrote:Raskhak's should check the academic qualification of NS before doubting her credentials in Finmin.

yes, but these two are not the rabies affected JNU commie/urban naxal types.
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

chetak wrote:
Picklu wrote:Raskhak's should check the academic qualification of NS before doubting her credentials in Finmin.

yes, but these two are not the rabies affected JNU commie/urban naxal types.
Yup, my post was in jest as in khan market crowd should be happy :mrgreen:
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

For those too troubled to lookup, NSR has Bachelors and Masters in Economics and Phd in something trade related.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

bbc quickly starts campaign to malign modi 2 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-48470039
Pratap Sarangi: India social media hero minister's dubious past
despite his newfound popularity, Mr Sarangi has a chequered past.

He was the leader of the Bajrang Dal, a hardline rightwing group, when a Hindu mob brutally killed Australian Christian missionary Graham Staines and his two children in 1999.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

srin wrote:

For those too troubled to lookup, NSR has Bachelors and Masters in Economics and Phd in something trade related.
No PhD, but has worked with PwC ions ago. Ironically her husband was a member of NSUI, then went onto become an advisor to CBN, and even joined his cabinet as a communications advisor until he was forced out because of being married to NS.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Ashokk wrote: Image
am i the only one who sees the fusellage/nose of rafale as middle finger
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Pratap Chandra Sarangi walking back after taking oath as Minister of State in MSME and Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries ministries .
Last edited by Lilo on 31 May 2019 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

One must learn lessons from the functioning of Modi Sarkar 1.0. Decisions taken are well deliberated and have reasons that may or may not be publicly well understood. They are rarely based upon online/social media demands.

To assess Modi Sarkar 2.0 we should focus on the big picture, not "why this guy was appointed here or there", or "why they didn't respond to someone on twitter". This descends pretty quickly into nitpicking and projection of members' personal desires/wishes onto Modi.

Question for Mods: when does this thread close and the discussion on Modi Sarkar and politix move back to BGR ?
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

It is not a bad choice for HRD in terms of qualifications but how he wants to reform education needs to be seen in coming days/months.

---
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramesh_Pokhriyal
He was born in Pinani village, Pauri Garhwal, Uttar Pradesh (now Uttarakhand) to Paramanamd Pokhriyal and Vishambhari Devi.

He graduated from Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, Srinagar, Uttarakhand in Arts, and acquired his PhD (with Honours) and D. Litt.[4]
---
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

I am (pleasantly) surprised to see Amit get HM. I agree this is exciting on multiple fronts - perhaps a "masterstroke" and surely a frightening development for BIF ecosystem. I think NS and RS are perfectly interchangeable in DM and FM. I had not expected that either. I think Jaishankar is a key appointment in EAM...this will have benefits for both defense and finance. Gadkari and Goyal will continue their important infrastructure work very effectively. I believe Gad was fully expecting to continue in the same role and excited about it.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

CABINET MINISTERS

1 Narendra Modi Prime Minister and also in-charge of: Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions; Department of Atomic Energy; Department of Space; and All important policy issues; and all other portfolios not allocated to any Minister

2 Amit Shah Home Minister

3 Rajnath Singh Defence Minister

4 Nitin Gadkari Minister of Road Transport and Highways; and Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises

5 Sadananda Gowda Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers

6 Nirmala Sitharaman Finance Minister, and Minister of Corporate Affairs

7 Ram Vilas Paswan Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution

8 Narendra Singh Tomar Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare; Minister of Rural Development; and Minister of Panchayati Raj

9 Ravi Shankar Prasad Minister of Law and Justice; Minister of Communications; and Minister of Electronics and Information Technology

10 Harsimrat Kaur Badal Minister of Food Processing Industries

11 S Jaishankar Minister of External Affairs

12 Ramesh Nishank Pokhriyal Minister of Human Resource Development

13 Thawar Chand Gahlot Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment

14 Arjun Munda Minister of Tribal Affairs

15 Smriti Irani Minister of Women and Child Development; and Minister of Textiles

16 Harsh Vardhan Minister of Health and Family Welfare; Minister of Science and Technology; and Minister of Earth Sciences

17 Prakash Javadekar Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change; and Minister of Information and Broadcasting

18 Piyush Goyal Minister of Railways; and Minister of Commerce and Industry

19 Dharmendra Pradhan Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas; and Minister of Steel

20 Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi Minister of Minority Affairs

21 Pralhad Joshi Minister of Parliamentary Affairs; Minister of Coal; and Minister of Mines

22 Mahendra Nath Pandey Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship

23 Arvind Sawant Minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprise

24 Giriraj Singh Minister of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries

25 Gajendra Singh Shekhawat Minister of Jal Shakti

Ministers of State (Independent Charge)

26 Santosh Gangwar Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Labour and Employment

27 Rao Indrajit Singh Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation; and Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Planning.

28 Shreepad Nayak Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH); and Minister of State in the Ministry of Defence

29 Jitendra Singh Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region; Minister of State in the Prime Minister's Office; Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions; Minister of State in the Department of Atomic Energy; and Minister of State in the Department of Space

30 Kiren Rijiju Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports; and Minister of State in the Ministry of Minority Affairs

31 Prahlad Singh Patel Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Culture; and Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Tourism

32 RK Singh Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Power; Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy; and Minister of State in the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship

33 Hardeep Singh Puri Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs; Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Civil Aviation; and Minister of State in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry

34 Mansukh Mandaviya Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Shipping; and Minister of State in the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers

MINISTERS OF STATE

35 Faggan Singh Kulaste Minister of State in the Ministry of Steel

36 Ashwini Chaubey Minister of State in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare

37 Gen (retd) VK Singh Minister of State in the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways

38 Kishan Pal Gujjar Minister of State in the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment

39 Danve Raosaheb Dadarao Minister of State in the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution

40 G. Kishan Reddy Minister of State in the Ministry of Home Affairs

41 Parshottam Rupala Minister of State in the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare

42 Ramdas Athawale Minister of State in the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment

43 Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti Minister of State in the Ministry of Rural Development

44 Babul Supriyo Minister of State in the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change

45 Sanjeev Kumar Balyan Minister of State in the Ministry of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries

46 Dhotre Sanjay Shamrao Minister of State in the Ministry of Human Resource Development; Minister of State in the Ministry of Communications; and Minister of State in the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology

47 Anurag Singh Thakur Minister of State in the Ministry of Finance; and Minister of State in the Ministry of Corporate Affairs

48 Angadi Suresh Channabasappa Minister of State in the Ministry of Railways

49 Nityanand Rai Minister of State in the Ministry of Home Affairs

50 V Muraleedharan Minister of State in the Ministry of External Affairs; and Minister of State in the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs

51 Renuka Singh Saruta Minister of State in the Ministry of Tribal Affairs

52 Som Parkash Minister of State in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry

53 Rameswar Teli Minister of State in the Ministry of Food Processing Industries

54 Pratap Chandra Sarangi Minister of State in the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises; and Minister of State in the Ministry of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries

55 Kailash Choudhary Minister of State in the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare

56 Debasree Chaudhuri Minister of State in the Ministry of Women and Child Development

57 Arjun Ram Meghwal Minister of State in the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs; and Minister of State in the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises

58 Rattan Lal Kataria Minister of State in the Ministry of Jal Shakti; and Minister of State in the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

How the congress lost the plot on national security.

https://www.orfonline.org/research/how- ... too-51467/
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

Days after #GeneralElection's results, #CBI has moved #Delhi HC to expedite hearing of its appeal against acquittal of all the 17 accused, including re-elected MPs Kanimozhi & A Raja, in the #2G scam. In March, HC had deferred hearing to Oct. HC will now hear CBI's plea July 30.

10:49 PM - 30 May 2019