2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Sachin »

ramana wrote:One fatal flaw is assigning them to State cadre when they belong to All India Services.
My understanding is that all though these folks were All India Services, more or less they had to be assigned to a state when they begin their careers. Their only benefit being their rights to move to a "central department". And I do feel in a big country with very many languages etc, a kind of centralised services would help. Because at their level IAS/IPS fellows come with a pan-India outlook and would be able to work with any person from any state, who is another IAS/IPS fellow. It is a kind of "old school boy network" :).

But over the course of years, perhaps the All India Services folks have also clearly understood on which side the bread is buttered. If they find the state offering a better incentive they stay put here, or else they use their leverages in their old boy network and get pulled up to the central govt. On top of it many states also have their own "conferred" IAS/IPS Babus who generally are champions when it comes to buttering up the state politicians. Many times key positions also gets assigned to such folks so that the political machinery would be able to function easily.

A case in my mind is that of a young ASP who was in Kerala cadre who was posted at Thalassery,North Kerala to quell a communal riot. He quelled it, but also went back to the central cadre only to rise up high in the IB ranks. Another was that of a state service police officer (joined as SI) who some how got very rapid promotions, got conferred IPS easily and rose upto become a DIG. He was then assigned in North Kerala when political murders were really bad, only because he was actually a CPI(M) man who happened to be in police uniform.
Vikas wrote:How many moneybags did congress raise. There is no end to people who were/are holders of Money for congress but acting as Businesses men.
At least in KA, the trend I have noticed is that politicans very rarely go around throwing money at every one. They all have their money bags who have to be in professions which at least allows/expects huge volume of money transfers. So generally they are "businessmen". These "businessmen" are the ATMs for the politicans who comes knocking when they need the money. The really bad situation I have heard of in KA, was when a movie actor was kidnapped by a forest brigand. The ransom asked was really high; and state govt. officially cannot pay it off. So here at least every money bag of every politician was tapped; and given clear targets on money they were to cough up. Quarry owners, movie makers and right down to the lowest Abkari contractor had a target to be met.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

A Nandy wrote:https://rightlog.in/2019/06/modi-govern ... spaper-01/
Modi govt stops advertising in The Times Group, The Hindu and The Telegraph newspaper
This won't work.I am sure they will approach SC and things will be restored and cash will be served to these paid media outlets.

I would say stop print advertisements as a policy.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

The SC has no locus standi on this matter.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Pratyush wrote:The SC has no locus standi on this matter.
That's what you and me say. SC has different opinion these days on any issue under the Sun.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

chetak wrote:
Vikas wrote:^ How many moneybags did congress raise. There is no end to people who were/are holders of Money for congress but acting as Businesses men. Every Rags to riches story in personal and professional life must be investigated with prejudice.
some years ago, I met a gujju business women while doing some consultancy work in their factory and she told me that political parties have warehouses of cash which are unobtrusively guarded 24x7.

they all have a widespread collection strategy so it stands to reason that they also must have places to store the loot.
many companies are used to park funds that can be liquated in quick time.
Makes total sense. Cash is king and there is no end to expenses. I think one needs to bring some moolah and credibility on the table to be able to handle political money and become their 'ATM'.
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

Does it include Times Now as well?
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Vikas wrote:
That's what you and me say. SC has different opinion these days on any issue under the Sun.
They can always be told to not interfere on the government business. If the government is able to show the cause for banning government funding for these entities.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Vikas wrote:
We will find out no?
Why argue uselessly here and get into a flame war!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

chetak, Now go back to AP thread and understand why CBN was paying excess price for electric power to his cronies to bank!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Amit Shah's kashmir visit is notable for two main reasons
1) There is no call for boycott in over 30 years of separatism.
2) Amit Shah visited the home of Inspector Arshad Khan who was killed by terrorists. This shows nationalists will be supported no matter what regardless of religion.

Bonus firefight between two terrorist factions broke out HuM and an IS derivative. Both are controlled by ISI but HuM is asserting territorial rights.
Skanda
BRFite

Post by Skanda »

I do not understand urdu very clearly and my Hindi aint all that great. In what I understood, Arif Mohd Khan takes down Khanum Marfa very scholarly. This interview stands out for one other reason: a muslim clearly articulates problems about muslims and the tolerant liberal refuses to acknowledge what she is hearing. A perfect example of cognitive dissonance.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ramana wrote:chetak, Now go back to AP thread and understand why CBN was paying excess price for electric power to his cronies to bank!
same story in KAR saar.

I have a classmate who generates power here big time.

only different names but the age old, reliable and time tested very same modus operandi.

BTW, many AP companies have long time and deeply embedded tentacles in KAR all with the same connections to the very top in AP, no matter who wins.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Skanda wrote:
I do not understand urdu very clearly and my Hindi aint all that great. In what I understood, Arif Mohd Khan takes down Khanum Marfa very scholarly. This interview stands out for one other reason: a muslim clearly articulates problems about muslims and the tolerant liberal refuses to acknowledge what she is hearing. A perfect example of cognitive dissonance.

I sometimes wish that instead of entitled, pretentious and crypto-religious riff raff like shabana and javed, in the naxal approved garb of "atheists", genuine intellectuals like this gentleman would be nominated to the RS.

his breadth of knowledge is truly astounding as is his intuitive grasp of minority affairs.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

I remember some "technocrat" from within the GOI mention that Judiciary has to be the next focus for reform. Perhaps it was Sanjeev Sanyal in one of his talks.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 983714.cms
All-India judicial service: Govt writes to States, HCs
NEW DELHI: The government has officially set the ball rolling for creating an all-India judicial service in the very first month of its new term through a letter to all state governments and high courts seeking their views on the proposal.

ET has reliably learnt that the law ministry sent out a letter on June 19 asking all state chief secretaries and high courts to “furnish views, comments, observations at the earliest.” The ministry has based its proposal on an earlier recommendation from a chief ministers’ conference in 2013. The move comes on the back of repeated assertions by Union law minister Ravi Shankar Prasad calling for the creation of an all-India judicial service. {The foundational reference is importance from political narrative pov because it is given that opposition will again harp on its old slogan of "erosion of institutional autonomy" }

The judiciary, however, has been cold to this idea which was first discussed by chief ministers in 2009 and then deliberated in detail in a similar conference four years later.

It was broadly agreed that such a service, which has also been envisaged in Article 312 of the Constitution, be created.
It will ofcourse be resisted but what is the choice for GOI or the Judiciary. Hopefully it should not be a long-drawn out process with a lot of guerrilla battles but one must be mentally prepared for it.
RajD
BRFite

Post by RajD »

Skanda wrote:
When Arfa Khanum asked Khan saab what he thinks about minorities as second citizens in Hindu Rashtra, what a tight slap he has delivered in her face by saying that there is no concept of second class citizen in the history of Hinduism. Nobody is called as a dhimmi and nobody is charged jizia...... . Watch from 31.28min. Epic drubbing.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

pankaj ji what is your opinion about doing police reforms before judiciary reform. my thoughts on that are
1. Judiciary is crippled by a lot of extent by poor investigations by police
2. while judiciary can use 1 as an alibi to resist reform (while they are beyond this but who can stop mi lord from using this argument)
3.judicial reform is more complex than police reforms.
4. A lot of states have bjp govts, more than anything police reforms can generate a lot of employment too and help the internal challenges posed by BIFs. More easy to hire policemen than milords...and lawyers
pankajs wrote:.....
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

ramana wrote:Amit Shah's kashmir visit is notable for two main reasons
1) There is no call for boycott in over 30 years of separatism.
2) Amit Shah visited the home of Inspector Arshad Khan who was killed by terrorists. This shows nationalists will be supported no matter what regardless of religion.

Bonus firefight between two terrorist factions broke out HuM and an IS derivative. Both are controlled by ISI but HuM is asserting territorial rights.
https://www.firstpost.com/politics/in-l ... 99911.html

In Lok Sabha, Amit Shah redefines notions of 'Insaniyat, Jamhuriyat and Kashmiriyat', throws down gauntlet to Congress
In his first address as Union home minister in the newly-constituted 16th Lok Sabha, Amit Shah made it clear what he thought of the existence of Article 370, providing autonomy to Jammu and Kashmir. He asserted on more than one occasion that it was only a "temporary", and not a permanent provision in the Constitution. Although he didn't go any further on the subject on floor of the Parliament, considering what the BJP said in its vision document ahead of the recently-concluded Lok Sabha election, his comments on this contentious Article will surely spark a debate.

That he was completely unapologetic about pursuing a muscular policy to deal with terrorists and disruptive activities sent a loud message about how he intended to deal with situation in the state.

More importantly, he defined three terms — Insaniyat, Jamhuriyat and Kashmiriyat — that had been stated by late former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Although these terms had been quoted by leaders of varied hues for around a decade-and-a-half, all of them had refrained from defining them lest they hurt the sentiments of those in the Valley. But Shah didn't seem to be afraid of talking about them at length — bloodbaths that consumed the state's own, the driving away of Sufism and Kashmiri Pandits under threat could not be Insaniyat and Kashmiriyat.

"Insaniyat" according to Shah was providing toilets to women, building homes for the poor, providing security to people and instilling a fear of the law among those who were tried to create an atmosphere of fear. "Jamhuriyat", he said, was being pursued in true sense of the term. Free and fair elections for 40,000 panchayats, that gave the opportunity to common people to come and take uo leadership positions in their area, were successfully conducted. State Assembly elections will be held when the Election Commission feels that it is the right time.
"Kashmiriyat", he added, is neither about spilling the blood of its citizens, nor about driving away Sufism and Kashmiri Pandits or plotting against the country. It is about being part of the country, the welfare of the state and protecting its culture, he continued.

The thrust of Shah's speech, while responding to the debate on two Bills he had moved in the Lok Sabha — Jammu and Kashmir Reservation (Amendment) Bill and the extension of President's Rule in the state — was on how his government intended to deal with emerging situation in the state: By stressing on developmental projects. He listed the developmental work including the projects meant for job creation that had been unveiled there. Next, he candidly outlined the strong measures the Centre was taking to contain terrorism in the state. Most of the measures he listed were undertaken after President's Rule was imposed in the state.
Pakistani television channels have now been blocked. The government, he claimed, would come down hard on the "Tukde Tukde gang".

"I wonder why the Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) had not been banned so far. What liberation do they want and from whom? Why was an openly separatist name not banned? Why was Jamat-e-Islami not banned by previous governments?" Shah asked.

In his 50-minute reply to the debate, Shah gave a sense of his working style and aggression with which he may deal with the Congress' barbs in the House. Using Congress MP Manish Tewari's references to history, Shah provided one of his own to the main Opposition party. The historical facts around Jawaharlal Nehru's dealings with Kashmir since Independence have always been a sore point for the Congress. Shah stated that Nehru made one "historical blunder" after another in the state, making the Congress MPs distinctly uncomfortable. But the home minister was unyielding.
I have a feeling that Shah is not going to bend to TN & AP EJ mafias too. They will proceed cautiously but will go after them
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

#inequality
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://www.opindia.com/2019/06/hinduis ... ournalist/
Hinduism has no concept of Dhimmis or Jaziya – Arif Mohd Khan dismisses “Hindu Rashtra” fear mongering by The Wire journalist

I
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

at long last, this travesty is being addressed. wonder why it took so long to do it

Modi govt’s planning a new burial process for terrorists in Kashmir

Modi govt’s planning a new burial process for terrorists in Kashmir

Since the killing of Burhan Wani, terror organisations have used the feeling of resentment during burials to recruit Kashmiri youth.
Snehesh Alex Philip, 28 June, 2019

Villagers at the funeral procession of Assistant Professor-turned-militant Muhammad Rafi Bhat

New Delhi: The public burial process of local terrorists in Kashmir has become a recruitment tool for terror organisations. To prevent this, the Narendra Modi government is considering a new process under which burials will be undertaken ‘in camera’, with only close family members in attendance.

“The idea is to hand over the body to the family and then hold the burial in front of the local magistrate. Section 144 will be strictly imposed, and no one else will be allowed to attend. Also, the entire event would be filmed,” a source in the security establishment told ThePrint.

The proposed new process goes against the earlier thinking of the security establishment, which was to not hand over the bodies. The issue has been discussed and approved by a key security team and a final decision is set to be taken by the central government soon.

Fuelling resentment

Since the beginning of this year, efforts have been made, successfully in many cases, to increase the deployment of security forces in and around slain militants’ home areas, to ensure that proper blockades are set up to check the size of the gathering.

The emotionally-charged gatherings are a breeding ground for terror recruitment in the state, officials in the security and defence establishment said.

Since the killing of Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani on 8 July 2016, terror handlers and recruiters have been using janazas for recruitment.

The death of Wani had triggered a wave of unrest in the Kashmir Valley, with hundreds of people turning out to protest against his encounter. Terror recruiters are said to fuel the sentiment of resentment triggered by the killings, and glorify the deaths as ‘martyrdom’.

“The youngsters are taken in by the frenzy and many end up joining the terror ranks, even if for a few days. The last six months in Kashmir have seen much reduced recruitment taking place,” one of the sources cited above said.

Amit Shah’s Kashmir strategy

Sources said the direction from the new Union Home Minister Amit Shah during his two-day visit to Kashmir was “zero tolerance for terrorists, terror financiers and radicals”.

On-going operations by the Army, CRPF, Jammu and Kashmir Police, National Investigation Agency, Enforcement Directorate and the Income Tax Department will continue and intensify in the coming days.

“This is not the time to ease off. The pressure on the terror infrastructure in the Valley will be constant. At the same time, special focus is being given to governance issues, with many stalled and delayed projects being given renewed push,” another source explained.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

^^Even this does not go far enough. Why hand over the bodies at all? These aren't common criminals. They are enemy combatants. Burn their bodies to ashes somewhere away from cities and crowds. No need to be so generous about this.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

RajD wrote:
Skanda wrote:
When Arfa Khanum asked Khan saab what he thinks about minorities as second citizens in Hindu Rashtra, what a tight slap he has delivered in her face by saying that there is no concept of second class citizen in the history of Hinduism. Nobody is called as a dhimmi and nobody is charged jizia...... . Watch from 31.28min. Epic drubbing.
And he ends by saying that if you serve this society/country, the people will give you the status of an avataar, a god.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I urge everyone to hear Amit Shah speech in Lok Sabha on J&K.

https://twitter.com/BJP4India/status/11 ... 59522?s=19

He said everything we want to say in last 20 years.

https://twitter.com/ramana_brf/status/1 ... 90272?s=19
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

In Lok Sabha, Amit Shah redefines notions of 'Insaniyat, Jamhuriyat and Kashmiriyat', throws down gauntlet to Congress

In his first address as Union home minister in the newly-constituted 16th Lok Sabha, Amit Shah made it clear what he thought of the existence of Article 370, providing autonomy to Jammu and Kashmir. He asserted on more than one occasion that it was only a "temporary", and not a permanent provision in the Constitution. Although he didn't go any further on the subject on floor of the Parliament, considering what the BJP said in its vision document ahead of the recently-concluded Lok Sabha election, his comments on this contentious Article will surely spark a debate.

That he was completely unapologetic about pursuing a muscular policy to deal with terrorists and disruptive activities sent a loud message about how he intended to deal with situation in the state.

More importantly, he defined three terms — Insaniyat, Jamhuriyat and Kashmiriyat — that had been stated by late former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Although these terms had been quoted by leaders of varied hues for around a decade-and-a-half, all of them had refrained from defining them lest they hurt the sentiments of those in the Valley. But Shah didn't seem to be afraid of talking about them at length — bloodbaths that consumed the state's own, the driving away of Sufism and Kashmiri Pandits under threat could not be Insaniyat and Kashmiriyat.

"Insaniyat" according to Shah was providing toilets to women, building homes for the poor, providing security to people and instilling a fear of the law among those who were tried to create an atmosphere of fear. "Jamhuriyat", he said, was being pursued in true sense of the term. Free and fair elections for 40,000 panchayats, that gave the opportunity to common people to come and take uo leadership positions in their area, were successfully conducted. State Assembly elections will be held when the Election Commission feels that it is the right time.

"Kashmiriyat", he added, is neither about spilling the blood of its citizens, nor about driving away Sufism and Kashmiri Pandits or plotting against the country. It is about being part of the country, the welfare of the state and protecting its culture, he continued.

The thrust of Shah's speech, while responding to the debate on two Bills he had moved in the Lok Sabha — Jammu and Kashmir Reservation (Amendment) Bill and the extension of President's Rule in the state — was on how his government intended to deal with emerging situation in the state: By stressing on developmental projects. He listed the developmental work including the projects meant for job creation that had been unveiled there. Next, he candidly outlined the strong measures the Centre was taking to contain terrorism in the state. Most of the measures he listed were undertaken after President's Rule was imposed in the state.

He particularly emphasised that those who had separatist and disruptive tendencies needed to fear this government. "Yes, today there is a fear in their mind. It has to be there and it is only going to increase," he warned. In same vein, he added that the government had a zero-tolerance policy against terrorism.

What he said was revealing to the people outside of Jammu and Kashmir that the state so far had followed "unique parameters" to give security to individuals. Anyone who gave a few statements against the country was provided security. That was unacceptable to the Narendra Modi government, Shah said, adding that it reviewed the security of 2,000 persons and withdrew the security of 919 persons including those provided to some separatists. It was also ensured that those inside the jail didn't get any privileges, as some used to in the past. Pakistani television channels have now been blocked. The government, he claimed, would come down hard on the "Tukde Tukde gang".

"I wonder why the Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) had not been banned so far. What liberation do they want and from whom? Why was an openly separatist name not banned? Why was Jamat-e-Islami not banned by previous governments?" Shah asked.

In his 50-minute reply to the debate, Shah gave a sense of his working style and aggression with which he may deal with the Congress' barbs in the House. Using Congress MP Manish Tewari's references to history, Shah provided one of his own to the main Opposition party. The historical facts around Jawaharlal Nehru's dealings with Kashmir since Independence have always been a sore point for the Congress. Shah stated that Nehru made one "historical blunder" after another in the state, making the Congress MPs distinctly uncomfortable. But the home minister was unyielding.

Since both these bills have to be passed by Rajya Sabha also, the Congress (that enjoys better numbers in the Upper House) may be marshalling to troops to come prepared to challenge Shah. The home minister is aware of the challenge that awaits and his party will hope that he rises to meet it with the same fervour as he demonstrated on Friday.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

I’m wondering if PMO is going to have follow on comments to quick tweets. Only if PMO bought desi weapons as quick as tweeting on unverified secular lynching.

https://www.opindia.com/2019/06/doctor- ... h-reports/
Doctor says Tabrez Ansari could have died of cardiac arrest, police maintain mob lynching not cause of death: Reports
Comments of both the doctor and police suggest that the mob attack may not be the result of Ansari's death, but that will be confirmed after the detail forensic reports become available.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ramana wrote:I urge everyone to hear Amit Shah speech in Lok Sabha on J&K.

really warms the jingo's heart.

the silence from the congi benches and the faces of many of its "leaders" is also quite telling.

Their worst fears seem to have come home to roost.

After intentionally muddying the cashmere waters for decades by propping up the anti national dynasties like the abdullahs, the muftis, and gulam nabi azads to use as vote banks elsewhere in the country, the family is now very firmly in the crosshairs.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Delhi courts must not have any Hindu lynching cases to look at or islam followers with bombs/guns/causing traffic jams/noise pollution so....
https://www.opindia.com/2019/06/in-a-fi ... on-diwali/
In a first, a Delhi court convicts a man for bursting crackers on Diwali
On 23rd October, the Supreme Court had allowed bursting of low pollutant crackers between 8 to 10 pm. The SC also banned the online sale of firecrackers and put a stay on the e-commerce portals from selling firecrackers.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

watch the video, its interesting.

twitter

#BigStoryOnBTVI @sushantsareen To @AdityaRajKaul:

See Greater Degree Of Realism & Clarity On Govt's Kashmir Policy For The Last 2 Years

Time To Put An End To The Corruption In J&K

Separatists In Kashmir Were Incentivised & Enriched By The System

#LIVE https://www.btvi.in/live-tv

https://twitter.com/i/status/1144244808224894977
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

ArjunPandit wrote:pankaj ji what is your opinion about doing police reforms before judiciary reform. my thoughts on that are
1. Judiciary is crippled by a lot of extent by poor investigations by police
2. while judiciary can use 1 as an alibi to resist reform (while they are beyond this but who can stop mi lord from using this argument)
3.judicial reform is more complex than police reforms.
4. A lot of states have bjp govts, more than anything police reforms can generate a lot of employment too and help the internal challenges posed by BIFs. More easy to hire policemen than milords...and lawyers
pankajs wrote:.....
All points made by you are valid.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://www.opindia.com/2019/06/filmmak ... rticle-15/
Filmmaker Anubhav Sinha goes on an abusive spree against people who criticize his film Article 15
While the movie claims to have been inspired from ‘true incidents’, the trailer made it clear that it was based on the infamous Badaun hanging case where two young girls were murdered in a village in UP.

In its attempt to be ‘inspired’ from the Badaun case, the movie seems to have taken wide liberties with facts. The case got wide attention in national and international media, bringing shame for the then Akhilesh Yadav government in UP because it was highlighted as a case of upper caste atrocity against Dalits.

The accused were named Pappu Yadav, Avadhesh Yadav, Urvesh Yadav, Chhatrapal Yadav and Sarvesh Yadav. Chhatrapal and Sarvesh were policemen. The police department was accused of showing leniency to the accused in the case due to political pressure from the Samajwadi Party which was favouring the Yadavs. Even the police investigation was severely criticised and the people had demanded a CBI inquiry.

The CBI had later stated that their probe indicates that the two girls, aged 14 and 15, had committed suicide and they were neither raped or murdered. The five accused were all given a clean chit.

However, Sinha has made great efforts in his movie to take a widely publicised crime and paint it in colours of casteism that suits his political narrative. In the trailer one can see the invisible ‘Mahant ji’ (a probable sly at Yogi Adityanath) who is a Brahmin, is painted as the all-powerful root of evil in the movie. Also, the over-emphasis of ‘upper castes’ and Brahmins being the sole cause of all atrocities seems to be the central theme in the movie.

The attempt to pick a highly publicised crime and paint it in anti-Brahmin, anti-upper caste colours is unfair, even in the name of artistic liberties. The Badaun case had no brahmin angle. Changing the ethnicities and identities of a highly publicised crime only reeks of narrow political agenda, an agenda which is dangerously partial and divisive.
How to stop these dangerous monsters who are funded mostly by terrorist networks in and out of India?
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Since ABV muttered something about Jamhooriyat, Insaniyat and Kashmiriyat mumbo jumbo, every BJP Leader just repeats these lines without anyone else being smarter about it.WTF is Kashmiriyat except for Islam in other form. This gives sense of superiority to KM's making them feel highest in the pecking order.
I find it extremely distasteful that successive govts have shafted people of Jammu and Ladakh over Kashmiri Muslims. Even Shah sang the same song again.
My simple question is - When was Kashmiri Muslims secular or accommodating except when rules by Dogra Kings. The first opportunity they got, Kashmiri Muslim army stabbed the King in the back in Skardu and Mirpur.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

vijayk wrote:https://www.opindia.com/2019/06/filmmak ... rticle-15/
Filmmaker Anubhav Sinha goes on an abusive spree against people who criticize his film Article 15
While the movie claims to have been inspired from ‘true incidents’, the trailer made it clear that it was based on the infamous Badaun hanging case where two young girls were murdered in a village in UP.
How to stop these dangerous monsters who are funded mostly by terrorist networks in and out of India?
Don't forget Anubhav Sinha asking for Black money which he could convert into White via his films. So consider him as a hawala operator except for the modus operandi is Films to white paint the black money.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Has anyone watched the video in full? Why is there no outrage from the anti-appeasement brigade?

The same video on YT/Republic.

Start @ 39:40 ... but note specifically what AS says at 39:55 ..."Aur unko kuch jada bhi dena padega to hamari isliye taiaari hai kunki unhone bahut saha hai" Just listen to rest of the detailed package and let it sink in.

This should be red-flag for the anti-appeasement bulls.

On the assistance to Kashmir pandits forced out of Kashmir and POK starting @43:30
Last edited by pankajs on 29 Jun 2019 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

chetak wrote:

the silence from the congi benches and the faces of many of its "leaders" is also quite telling.

After intentionally muddying the cashmere waters for decades by propping up the anti national dynasties like the abdullahs, the muftis, and gulam nabi azads to use as vote banks elsewhere in the country, the family is now very firmly in the crosshairs.
I loved the clarity: if you are a peace-lo
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

chetak wrote:

So long as KPs don't return to their homes, and govt guarantees their safety by whatever means necessary, all these bashans don't mean much in practical terms. Wasn't return of KPs in 2014 manifesto ? It's there in 2019 as well. Let's wait and see how govt and shah goes about it.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Karthik S wrote:So long as KPs don't return to their homes, and govt guarantees their safety by whatever means necessary, all these bashans don't mean much in practical terms. Wasn't return of KPs in 2014 manifesto ? It's there in 2019 as well. Let's wait and see how govt and shah goes about it.
In my humble opinion, we also need to consider the below points before deciding the Op. K.P Rehabilitation a success or not.
1. How many of the Pandits (especially elders) who were forced out of the land in 1990s are still alive?
2. In this list - made in #1 - how many of them would be willing to go back to Kashmir?
3. Among the new generation Kashmiri Pandits who were small children who grew up outside Kashmir, how many would be now willing to go back to Kashmir?
4. If there are volunteers now planning to go back to Kashmir, how would they be rehabilitated? If they held any properties etc. which has now been taken over by the peacefools, would they be restored?
5. What is the incentive for a Kashmiri Pandit - who have lived outside the place for 30+ years to go back to that place? .

PS: I write this as a person who moved out my birth place at the age of 4, then stayed at a place what I call my home & home town for 18+ years, and now living in another place for more than 20 years plus. And all these movements was not because of any religious extremism (like what happened at J&K).
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karthik S wrote:
chetak wrote:

So long as KPs don't return to their homes, and govt guarantees their safety by whatever means necessary, all these bashans don't mean much in practical terms. Wasn't return of KPs in 2014 manifesto ? It's there in 2019 as well. Let's wait and see how govt and shah goes about it.

the return of KPs in the 2014/2019 manifesto may be there but it is not safe for them to do so.

A lot of security and infrastructure needs to be created and govt guarantees for their safety may be meaningless if they are not able to have the quality of life that people have in other places and even then the KPs can be got at by the beardos when going to the bus/train station or the airport or even just driving from place to place.

it is not like turning on a switch. the beardos had a plan in cleansing them from many areas and those type of beardos have only increased exponentially.

It has to happen and it will happen for sure but maybe just not in the way that you are expecting it to happen.

But rest assured that the first real pushback in decades has started now.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Chetak sir, that's my point. How govt will handle those beardos is the question.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Sachin wrote:
Karthik S wrote:So long as KPs don't return to their homes, and govt guarantees their safety by whatever means necessary, all these bashans don't mean much in practical terms. Wasn't return of KPs in 2014 manifesto ? It's there in 2019 as well. Let's wait and see how govt and shah goes about it.
In my humble opinion, we also need to consider the below points before deciding the Op. K.P Rehabilitation a success or not.
1. How many of the Pandits (especially elders) who were forced out of the land in 1990s are still alive?
2. In this list - made in #1 - how many of them would be willing to go back to Kashmir?
3. Among the new generation Kashmiri Pandits who were small children who grew up outside Kashmir, how many would be now willing to go back to Kashmir?
4. If there are volunteers now planning to go back to Kashmir, how would they be rehabilitated? If they held any properties etc. which has now been taken over by the peacefools, would they be restored?
5. What is the incentive for a Kashmiri Pandit - who have lived outside the place for 30+ years to go back to that place? .

PS: I write this as a person who moved out my birth place at the age of 4, then stayed at a place what I call my home & home town for 18+ years, and now living in another place for more than 20 years plus. And all these movements was not because of any religious extremism (like what happened at J&K).
You seem to suggest answer in your questions. BTW, what you say is true, sadly govt hasn't got any record of which KPs were killed, who is living where etc, let alone property records. But it's a leap of faith if you suggest that many will not be willing to go back.
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

Hs are having issues staying in places like Kairana, Meerut, Wayanad, parts of Hyderabad, and here we want KPs to be sent to Kashmir. I dont think that will ever happen. I will consider it a great win if 370 and 35A are gone and Narayana / Chaitanya open colleges in Kashmir valley.