India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Post by darshan »

As expected Boeing PR goons trying to blame their utter garbage engineering skills on Indians. On defense side, these idiots can't even get basic ICDs right and talking about engineering.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -engineers
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

What do you mean Boeing on the defense side can’t get ICDs right? They have a vast product array of defense aerospace products. They get it right.

Boeing itself didn’t make any statements about its contract employees. It’s simply others trying to make an issue out of nothing as subcontracting is very common.
mappunni
BRFite

Post by mappunni »

darshan wrote:As expected Boeing PR goons trying to blame their utter garbage engineering skills on Indians. On the defense side, these idiots can't even get basic ICDs right and talking about engineering.

Saar, I have had the opportunity to work with the folks from Nadar Company and can attest to the fact their sheer incompetence. They promise a mountain when they cannot even deliver a molehill. Most of the offshore folks are inexperienced bunch with little or no idea of the gravity of timeline or why things are done in a certain way. The same company lost their contract with a leading Cola company for the same reason - incompetence.
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

^^ That is irrelevant. The QA, validation and decision makers went ahead with faulty setup and did not inform anyone. This cannot be pinned on outsourced coders.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

darshan wrote:As expected Boeing PR goons trying to blame their utter garbage engineering skills on Indians. On defense side, these idiots can't even get basic ICDs right and talking about engineering.

Not just India, they are also trying to pin the issues on the Moscow design center. Basically, offloading the blame on the "others".
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

vimal wrote:
darshan wrote:As expected Boeing PR goons trying to blame their utter garbage engineering skills on Indians. On defense side, these idiots can't even get basic ICDs right and talking about engineering.

Not just India, they are also trying to pin the issues on the Moscow design center. Basically, offloading the blame on the "others".
Again. Boeing is not making any claims on their contractors. It’s Bloomberg and the author. Boeing’s commercial airplane division has to be held responsible. It’s entirely their fault. The military division is entirely separate and they are one of the most capable and competent companies out there. Outside of defense products made in India, Boeing is the best. They’ve delivered the C-17, P-8i, Apache and Chinooks on time ahead of schedule within budget. This is a big deal.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Boeing said the company did not rely on engineers from HCL and Cyient for the Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System, which has been linked to the Lion Air crash last October and the Ethiopian Airlines disaster in March. The Chicago-based planemaker also said it didn’t rely on either firm for another software issue disclosed after the crashes: a cockpit warning light that wasn’t working for most buyers.

what gives ?
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Mort Walker wrote:
vimal wrote:
Again. Boeing is not making any claims on their contractors. It’s Bloomberg and the author. Boeing’s commercial airplane division has to be held responsible. It’s entirely their fault. The military division is entirely separate and they are one of the most capable and competent companies out there. Outside of defense products made in India, Boeing is the best. They’ve delivered the C-17, P-8i, Apache and Chinooks on time ahead of schedule within budget. This is a big deal.
+1
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Point on it's your responsibility to make sure that your sub has delivered and not pass the buck was already made by someone before.

With pausible denials, the similar stunts were pulled on many subs with 787 battery fires. Articles are clearly hit jobs and if Boeing wanted could pursue it with legal actions against former employees or subs making comments. However, similar to 787 battery saga they rather have lot of smoke for uninformed audience.

Mort ji, revs on documents do go up and I will leave at that. Let's just hope that my schedule isn't derailed.

Added later: the past performance is no indication of the future performance. Just experienced it with the replacement of few black boxes. Employees do move around and knowledge and competence leaves the door all the time.

Corrected to 787. Thanks zynda
Last edited by darshan on 01 Jul 2019 07:10, edited 1 time in total.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

^^I think you mean 787 battery fires...
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

darshan wrote:Point on it's your responsibility to make sure that your sub has delivered and not pass the buck was already made by someone before.

With pausible denials, the similar stunts were pulled on many subs with 787 battery fires. Articles are clearly hit jobs and if Boeing wanted could pursue it with legal actions against former employees or subs making comments. However, similar to 787 battery saga they rather have lot of smoke for uninformed audience.

Mort ji, revs on documents do go up and I will leave at that. Let's just hope that my schedule isn't derailed.

Added later: the past performance is no indication of the future performance. Just experienced it with the replacement of few black boxes. Employees do move around and knowledge and competence leaves the door all the time.

Corrected to 787. Thanks zynda
Revs on documents do go up and down, but getting embedded systems to communicate and pass data to each other right everytime is another matter - and Boeing gets it right for its military applications. I've dealt with them, Northrup, and Raytheon - and all 3 have been good as far as getting it right.

Past performance for an aerospace/defense company is indeed an indicator of future performance. The Boeing P-8I, which essentially has Raytheon sensors, has been working well for the IN and that's why they're buying several more. Similarly the C-17 works well too, but it's production has been shut down, or the IAF would buy at least half-dozen more.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

If you have worked that circuit then you should know that there's not anything that you or I can discuss openly. And no past performance is not good enough else people would not have to go through the whole process of testing and reviews. If everyone gets it right, then I will let my FRB know that they're jobless.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

darshan, If you read the article its laid off Boeing engineers who blame Indian software programmers.
And the interesting part is the Indian firm had nothing to do with FCS !!!

So its blow to Bloomberg for talking to disgruntled folks.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

mappunni wrote:
darshan wrote:As expected Boeing PR goons trying to blame their utter garbage engineering skills on Indians. On the defense side, these idiots can't even get basic ICDs right and talking about engineering.

Saar, I have had the opportunity to work with the folks from Nadar Company and can attest to the fact their sheer incompetence. They promise a mountain when they cannot even deliver a molehill. Most of the offshore folks are inexperienced bunch with little or no idea of the gravity of timeline or why things are done in a certain way. The same company lost their contract with a leading Cola company for the same reason - incompetence.
You are guilty of making the same mistake as the laid off Boeing workers who threw doubts at Indian software companies who were not even involved in the MCAS changes.
You have grouse on HCL and you want to project on this mishap.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

ramana wrote: darshan, If you read the article its laid off Boeing engineers who blame Indian software programmers.
And the interesting part is the Indian firm had nothing to do with FCS !!!

So its blow to Bloomberg for talking to disgruntled folks.
My point was about utilizing pausible denials. Similar effort was observed during the battery fire saga. Many subs were being taken to news articles where Boeing would not be saying anything but saying everything. Boeing didn't go after anyone then either to shield suppliers. Picking up indirect signals many suppliers were burning midnight oil on their own dime to find issues. Not to mention their reputation and capital outlays. We are talking about playing with perceptions here if you understand what I mean without clearly saying anything. Vagueness is required for CYA. Just think of how fast Lions air news reports moved which started with throwing Indonesians under the bus to getting all articles moving away from the front page. How many % of people are really going to walk away thinking about Bloomberg compared to Indians can't write code?
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

If I remember correctly a similar tactic of blaming TCS or some other company's engineers was tried out back when the Obamacare website fiasco happened. US media quickly moves in a predictable direction of blaming low-paid brown Injuns whenever there is a gigantic technical blunder like this and the powers that be are only too eager to feed their prejudice and racism in order to escape own liability and maintain the aura of infallibility of the great American nation and its companies.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

darshan wrote:If you have worked that circuit then you should know that there's not anything that you or I can discuss openly. And no past performance is not good enough else people would not have to go through the whole process of testing and reviews. If everyone gets it right, then I will let my FRB know that they're jobless.
Darshanji,

The process is there including IVV with flight tests. What you're talking about is how each platform is different, which is correct, what I'm talking about is the process. Thesy get it right.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

ramana wrote:
mappunni wrote:
You are guilty of making the same mistake as the laid off Boeing workers who threw doubts at Indian software companies who were not even involved in the MCAS changes.
You have grouse on HCL and you want to project on this mishap.
mappunni ji, This is a biased and prejudiced observation. One doesn't get to be a billion dollar company with customers across fortune 500 by incompetence. I don't see any one calling the team that did MCAS changes incompetent. As soon as Indian name was removed from culprit board, the whole conversation about IT part of failure went silent.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

US Congress to vote for legislation to remove country-cap on Green Card https://rightlog.in/2019/07/green-card- ... ry-cap-01/
Rishi_Tri
BRFite

Post by Rishi_Tri »

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump

India has long had a field day putting Tariffs on American products. No longer acceptable!

5:44 AM - 9 Jul 2019
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

mappunni wrote: Saar, I have had the opportunity to work with the folks from Nadar Company and can attest to the fact their sheer incompetence. They promise a mountain when they cannot even deliver a molehill. Most of the offshore folks are inexperienced bunch with little or no idea of the gravity of timeline or why things are done in a certain way. The same company lost their contract with a leading Cola company for the same reason - incompetence.
I have had a very positive experience though. My experience has been that if you plan it right, engage your offshore partner in design / planning and insist on documentations (very important), the results are usually very good.

I have had less than optimal experience too but with experience I have understood that it's more to do with our own approach then the other way around.
MeshaVishwas
BRFite

Post by MeshaVishwas »

Posting in full as I think SeemaJi's reading on the situation is very accurate.
Guess Who’s Back Playing Games?-Seema Sirohi
Folks, Pakistan is back in the game. It has come riding on the tailcoats of Taliban and the US desire to get out of Afghanistan.

Britain, true to colour, helped sell Pakistani snake oil to Washington once again. But the fact that Washington was willing to buy it — for the nth time — is more troubling than a fading power’s machinations to remain relevant in South Asia.

Just as international pressure was beginning to work, the US appears to have decided to step off the pedal and put on kid gloves. India will take note and store the memory in the fat file of US-Pakistan dalliances. Meanwhile, we must get ready to watch the same movie again. There will be many intervals and songs, but we know how it ends.

And how it begins. The opening scene is full of hope and longing with lead actors performing their roles to perfection. They have had years of practice. Hope as policy was on full display over the last 10 days. Consider the many positives for Pakistan — an International Monetary Fund (IMF) loan for $6 billion was approved; a visit by Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan to the US was granted; the Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) was suddenly designated a terrorist organisation in a nod to the Pakistani army and China; and faint whispers of India-Pakistan talks were generated.

The BLA designation now allows Pakistan to officially continue killing its own people, disappear them in greater numbers and tell India not to help Baloch ‘terrorists’. Political asylum in the West for the Baloch will get tougher.

All this is a long way away from US President Donald Trump’s first tweet of 2018 when he said Pakistan had “given us nothing but lies and deceit” because they think “of our leaders as fools”. But now Pakistan has apparently given him a way out of Afghanistan by half-delivering the Taliban.

The Taliban’s rampant attacks — including on children, before, during and after each round of talks —are just a painful detail. At times, US envoy for Afghanistan Zalmay Khalilzad had to be prompted to condemn each attack. A day after Khalilzad declared the current round as the “most productive” and “substantive”, the Taliban struck with deadly precision in Ghazni, killing 12 and wounding more than 170, including scores of children. Even if Khalilzad has managed to move the needle in peace talks, these attacks show the Taliban are engaged in pretend negotiations, and in running down the clock until US troops depart.

The Americans are hoping for a framework agreement by September 1so that Afghan elections can be held later that month. Again, Pakistan’s ‘help’ is deemed important. Don’t be surprised if Pakistan’s push for an interim government also gets a green signal, thereby sidelining the Kabul government. To please Pakistan, Khalilzad and his boss US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo apparently instructed the State Department to look for ‘rewards’. The designation of BLA was clearly dug out from the depths of the rewards basket. But Imran Khan’s visit is the biggest reward. The Pakistanis have been pleading for a US visit ever since Khan was ‘selected’ prime minister.

As for nudging India to begin talks with Pakistan, the US bureaucracy knows New Delhi’s position and the prerequisites. But by pushing the envelope with India, the US will check another box with the Pakistanis. The Pakistani army has been asking the British to weigh in with the Americans to pressure India for talks. ‘If Kashmir is resolved, so will Afghanistan’ is the old British recipe. That’s hogwash and everyone knows it. Afghanistan is a mess because Pakistan wants it to be a mess. It has nothing to do with the Kashmir dispute. Khalilzad knows better, but he will pretend to agree with Pakistan to try to secure his ‘peace deal’, win Trump’s affection and may be even an award or two.

Pakistan’s proxies in various think tanks are working overtime to say the Pakistan army and the civilian government are together this time to shut down terror factories. Look at the 23 cases launched against Jama’at-ud-Da’wah (JUD) chief Hafiz Saeed and his accomplices, and the targeting of his charities.

At this point, the movie needs a flashback — Saeed has been arrested and released five times since 2001 with no harm to his well-being or fund-raising abilities or ascent to politics. If Pakistan escapes censure on the basis of ‘initiating’ cases, which either will take years to fructify or be thrown out, the joke is on the big powers for buying the vague promises.
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/bl ... ing-games/
Vivek K
BRF Oldie

Post by Vivek K »

Some forget the Super 301 tariffs on India in the 90s and 2000s.

Modi 2.0 needs to get real, rhetoric will not help. The only way out is to grow Indian industry - revive sick units; stop lynching industrialists. Cannot tax industry and use that to give loan waivers to farmers. That will destroy industry. Import substitution efforts must be treated like EOUs. Attack production costs and reduce imports. Provide loans to industry at lower costs.

Industry is a risky venture and not for the faint hearted or the risk averse. Needs a lot of support. Industry is also looked at as a social responsibility. Look at the US's handling of its auto and airline industries. None closed because their closure meant the loss of employment for millions. In India we have shut down Sahara, East West, Jet, Kingfisher and Indian Airlines barely flies on government money. Some want to hang Mallya! Well, I have news for you - every failure is because something went wrong. So there is plenty of wrongdoing when an industry goes belly up. That is when we take good decisions - to help it survive or die. Which is better, an industry that provides employment and pays taxes or a sick unit with the owner beheaded?

Look at the Chinese - this has been discussed on BRF for eons! The Chinese look at industry as -a) a tool to global leadership and b) social responsibility. So they staff an industry that has 100 employees elsewhere with 300 people. And then they make sure it operates at 100% capacity by giving it every assistance it needs. The Chinese have recapitalized their banks to the tune of several billions but never wavered on their goal of global leadership through a gigantic industrial base.

And look at India - in the early 90s several import substitution mid sized industries were set up! Where are they now - reduced to rubble. Why? because of a) unrealistic P/L expectations, b) Brutal, designed to kill industry interest rates (loans were given by financial institutions at 18-24%), c) Corrupt government machinery, d) poor infrastructure (power) requiring diversion of precious resources to power generation infrastructure, e) Unproductive, unskilled labor hiding behind archaic 200 year old labor laws (i can provide actual examples) and labor unions. One Nirav Modi shook the foundations of Indian Industry! The man was a diamond merchant - not even a real industrialist. And who should have been blamed - the corrupt government officials that advanced loans to his firm. And where is the collateral for these loans? If this had happened in China, the bank officials that were guilty would have been hung by now.

Go to Bareilly in UP - look at Synthetics and Chemicals Ltd., At one time heralded as the largest factory in Asia. The company employed a large number of people. It had a huge, bustling colony (more a township) adjacent to the production facility where some of the staff lived (500 plus families with a fantastic school). In 65 and 71, Pakistan boasted of reducing this to smithereens! Today - you cannot even recognize this giant facility or its township. Reason, uncompetitive production costs that needed a solution. Instead the factory and its township were sent into closure and handed over to a liquidator. What a waste!!

All industries must be declared national assets and guarded from failure like we guard Kashmir or else …. learn Mandarin folks!

Apologies for the rant. I have good reasons for it.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

I've always maintained that the US will never dump Pak because you can't find a more perverted rent-boy who will do and dirty trick for a lousy dollar.Failed in bullying us into scrapping the S-400 deal, the US establishment has shown its true colours by dumping India from the list of nations equiv. to NATO members for arms purchases.
Therefore we should steer very clear of any major ticket items for the services, which would hugely affect our capabilities in the event of US sanctions.The US puts its interests first.So should India, every time.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Today marks 50 years to the day of the launch of Apollo 11. Here is a pic of Apollo 11 astronauts in 1969 post mission visit to Bombay. I think nearly 2 million people showed up to greet them. Neil Armstrong on left doing namaskar to the public, Michael Collins in the middle, and Buzz Aldrin to the right waving to the public.

Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Pak whenever in trouble uses terror and assymetric tactics to get the US to fondle its shockings and forgive its duplicity.Driven to the wall economically and limited support available from China and Sunni Muslim birthers,
it is using the Taliban (which it helped create ) and its mischief in Afg.to pressurise the Yanquis to return to its estranged favourite rent boy to allow it to exit Afg. with honour unlike its indecent departure from Saigon!

Unfortunately the eunuchs in our MEA, fed on decades of a Congress diplomatic diet, do not play hardball - pardon the pun, like the Pakis, in leveraging the US and the west.
India MUST attract like a magnet many of the erstwhile NAM member states , esp. those in the IOR and ASEAN region to join together in our own desi srcurity org. based upon the interests of the regional nations and prevent states like Afg. from being lost to the ungodly, jihadist , Islamic plague led by Pakistan.The US thinks only of its interests, India must do the same.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Orange taking credit for Paki arrest of Hafeez Suar..
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Philip You know better.
MEA can't play hardball as they are not an independent entity.
Hardball can be played with those who have them.
Congress ensured India will ever remain a soft state.

US is doing what they want and giving the excuse it is to entertain Pakis.
This keeps our deluded folks happy.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Trump threatens to ‘take a look’ at Google for China ties
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... c9f1f26aa6

Keeps mentioning Google leadership but not Alphabet.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Hafiz Saeed was living freely in Pakistan, so hold your applause: US Committee gives Donald Trump a reality check
https://www.opindia.com/2019/07/hafiz-s ... ity-check/
The legislative committee in a counter Tweet slammed Trump by highlighting that Pakistan was not searching for the US proscribed terrorist for the last 10 years as claimed by the President and specified that Hafiz has been living freely in the country and was arrested multiple times and released again.

In fact, in its Tweet, the Committee pointed out as to how many times in past Pakistan has resorted to a similar sham of arresting the terrorist due to International pressure but re-releasing him every time thereafter.

The US Committee asked its President to hold his ‘applause’ until Saeed was actually convicted by Pakistan.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Hafiz Saeed’s arrest is plain hogwash as Imran Khan gears up to meet Donald Trump, but Trump does not get it.
https://rightlog.in/2019/07/hafiz-saeed ... mp-usa-01/
The tweet is ill informed on so many levels that it would be an insult to humanity to not point the irregularities out. First of all, this is Hafiz Saeed’s 8th arrest. Following the December 2001 Parliament terror attack, he has been put under house arrest multiple times, and released after a few months at max. Sometimes he has been released without having any charges framed against him. In other instances, the court quashed cases against him, as the Lahore High Court had during his last arrest in 2009 in light of the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks, declaring Hafiz Saeed’s house arrest as “unconstitutional”.

Nevertheless, to say that the arrest is irrelevant would be an understatement. Pakistan’s seemingly selfless gesture of goodwill is fraught with underhand motives as there is a larger political move at play.

This move is imperative, given Pakistan’s grey listing by the FATF for involvements in terror financing. After Pakistan missed its May deadline, they have been given time until October to complete its action plan, otherwise the country may be black listed. If black listed, none of the FATF member countries can extend monetary help towards Pakistan and moreover, all the monetary transactions involving the country will be thoroughly monitored, making it a tedious affair and greatly doubting the Pakistani banks’ credibility.

However, the fact that the move has come barely 4 days ahead of Pakistan PM Imran Khan’s decision to visit Trump in US, is vital as well and most significant as it immediately gives away the true intentions of the Imran Khan government and that is to mislead the USA.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

darshan wrote:Hafiz Saeed’s arrest is plain hogwash as Imran Khan gears up to meet Donald Trump, but Trump does not get it.
https://rightlog.in/2019/07/hafiz-saeed ... mp-usa-01/
The tweet is ill informed on so many levels that it would be an insult to humanity to not point the irregularities out. First of all, this is Hafiz Saeed’s 8th arrest. Following the December 2001 Parliament terror attack, he has been put under house arrest multiple times, and released after a few months at max. Sometimes he has been released without having any charges framed against him. In other instances, the court quashed cases against him, as the Lahore High Court had during his last arrest in 2009 in light of the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks, declaring Hafiz Saeed’s house arrest as “unconstitutional”.

Nevertheless, to say that the arrest is irrelevant would be an understatement. Pakistan’s seemingly selfless gesture of goodwill is fraught with underhand motives as there is a larger political move at play.

This move is imperative, given Pakistan’s grey listing by the FATF for involvements in terror financing. After Pakistan missed its May deadline, they have been given time until October to complete its action plan, otherwise the country may be black listed. If black listed, none of the FATF member countries can extend monetary help towards Pakistan and moreover, all the monetary transactions involving the country will be thoroughly monitored, making it a tedious affair and greatly doubting the Pakistani banks’ credibility.

However, the fact that the move has come barely 4 days ahead of Pakistan PM Imran Khan’s decision to visit Trump in US, is vital as well and most significant as it immediately gives away the true intentions of the Imran Khan government and that is to mislead the USA.

Actually its Indians who don't get it.

- Imran Khan visit to US is announced
- Imran Khan Arrests Half is Suar, who was in plain sight for ten years
- Trump tweets congratulating Imran Khan for the 'difficult' arrest

So whats going on?

Trump is reviving the Pakistan card against India
India has in past few months:
- Not bought US planes
- Bought S 400
- Has supported Iran with oil purchases and Chahbahar
- Not rolled over data localization
- Is not outright falling in line on Huawei
- Rejected US Trk II threats to choose US or else (Raisina Dialogue)
- Reduced and eliminated US role in Cashmere

So what would DT do?
Only card they have is TSP
Its being revived.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^^
Makes sense. Also, because US/Trump are desperate to get out of Afghanistan quagmire where it must be acknowledged that bakis have played the US rather well.

US or China are not going to give up on Bakistan so easily b'cos it is one of the few cards left that can keep Indian boxed-in in "South Asia". India's progress does not sit well with Bartania too especially when it own relevance in the world and the sub-continent is slipping by the day. The poodle is as bad as the other two in trying to keep India in its place.

We must have no illusions about it when we deal with either US or China. Neither must we rage about it 'cos it is what it is. Deal with it with cold calculation and without rage, anger or frustration.

I think the bakis are going to give India an opportunity soon pumped-up as they will be with their latest "success" wrt IMF, Afghanistan and US. One must never discount their tactical brilliance when an "opening" presents itself.
vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

The four fathers of Terroristan will never give up on it.

India can only increase the cost to them in maintaining that failed state.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

vinod wrote:The four fathers of Terroristan will never give up on it.

India can only increase the cost to them in maintaining that failed state.
The Value of Pakistan for them is that it is a threat to India, so Pakiness by Pakis will be rewarded, best way to lower the threat is to slowly break up the country and others are separated from the Pakjabis.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

Trump will do everything to make the average joe happy to win his second term. A big part will be his promise to the Americans to get out of Afghanistan. To do so he will do anything and that includes making Pakis happy. Once he wins his second term he will again turn against Pakistan and that is when i believe things will change.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Indian community in Texas prepares for ‘Howdy Modi!’ event of PM Narendra Modi during his US tour in September
https://www.deshgujarat.com/2019/07/18/ ... september/

Houston: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address a community summit ‘Howdy, Modi!’ on September 22 during his visit to the United States. The summit will be hosted by the Texas India Forum in Houston. “Howdy” is shorthand for “How do you do?” and is used informally as a form of greeting in the United States.
Advertising

“There is unprecedented synergy between our region and the aspirations of a ‘New India’ that Prime Minister Narendra Modi represents. The American dream shares many similarities with emerging Indian dream, and an event of this scale suggests an opportunity to build bridges across two great democracies,” said Jugal Malani, a convener of the “Howdy, Modi!” organizing committee.

The attendance at the community summit will be free but passes will be required. Passes are available on a first-come-first-serve basis on http://www.howdymodi.org. The deadline for registration of passes is July 24. The venue and the time of the event will be announced soon.

The programme which includes PM Modi’s address and a cultural show by the Indian-American community will be broadcast live online and on television channels reaching over 1 billion people across the United States and India, the press release said.

This is Modi’s third major address to the Indian-American community after he became prime minister in 2014 and the first since his re-election in May.

The previous two were at Madison Square Garden in New York in 2014 and Silicon Valley in 2016. Both the events were attended by more than 20,000 people.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

darshan wrote:Trump threatens to ‘take a look’ at Google for China ties
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... c9f1f26aa6

Keeps mentioning Google leadership but not Alphabet.
does he know what Alphabet is :mrgreen: