2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
tandav
BRFite

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by tandav »

Heard from a Kashmiri pandit business associate that Amit Shah has cancelled all the distressed sale of Kashmiri pandit properties in valley that happened in the Raliv Galiv Chaliv era 21 years ago. Rivers of happiness in KP community as they were forced to sell ancestral property at gun point for 5% of actual value. Many were simply usurped after owners left
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

How can he do that? Is that even under his purview?
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Coming to Shah, I am seeing some renewed movement in police actually responding to H's complaints about the low grade civil war unleashed on them by M criminals and extremists. In recent days NIA has arrested ISIS guys in Bengal, the killer of the H guy in TN and several other arrests. UP police, a state where max sort of these incidents occur is also being forced off of its posterior and taking action...
I am beginning to have some hope that Shah is actually getting stuff done.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karthik S wrote:Chetak sir, that's my point. How govt will handle those beardos is the question.
the sad truth is that there will be casualties from among the first lot of KPs to go back there in the name of resettlement.

this will be done by the pakis to instill fear in the KPs and to warn them off.

and undeniably, this fear is already there among the KPs even today.

come what may, any security provided cannot be so foolproof as to guarantee life and limb.

Only the fear of assured repercussions and economic sanctions against the local perpetrators who will primarily be from the paki ISI backed local bumboys and facebook pasand chocolatey "terrorists" with their carefully styled hair and their photogenic battle fatigues and their other paki paltu suars from "charitable organizations" across he border.

OTOH, there are tens of lakhs of KMs well settled all over India, looting the public exchequer and living off the high hog with assured school and professional college admissions and reserved jobs and entitled loans.

why are we so willingly providing these malicious ungratefuls such largesse from our taxes.

the britshits had a system of collective responsibilities and ofter levied huge fines on entire villages/communities to punish the wilful transgressions of the few.

this system should now be revived all over India where, at the drop of a proverbial hat, public property is burnt to the ground in the name of "protests"

Why not exclude entire families from public services, govt jobs, and the PDS if their facebook pasand sons went rogue or mobs wilfully burned busses and trains. Instead, they are allowed huge funeral processions for these unwashed "martyrs" and in other places, caste and comunal politicians laud their followers for being "strong" and standing up for their "rights"
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Karan M wrote:Coming to Shah, I am seeing some renewed movement in police actually responding to H's complaints about the low grade civil war unleashed on them by M criminals and extremists. In recent days NIA has arrested ISIS guys in Bengal, the killer of the H guy in TN and several other arrests. UP police, a state where max sort of these incidents occur is also being forced off of its posterior and taking action...
By H guy in TN you mean Ramalingam whose hands were chopped off for trying to stop conversions, NIA was at it before elections and recently arrested top ranking goat.
One thing I expect from Shah is to make punishments severe for those who indulge in such activities, much more than YA. He can bring back POTA law back.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karan M wrote:Coming to Shah, I am seeing some renewed movement in police actually responding to H's complaints about the low grade civil war unleashed on them by M criminals and extremists. In recent days NIA has arrested ISIS guys in Bengal, the killer of the H guy in TN and several other arrests. UP police, a state where max sort of these incidents occur is also being forced off of its posterior and taking action...
there seems to be an orchestrated campaign in play and because of this "perception" the US SD has released their motivated, mischievious and targeted insidious religious freedom document. There has to be the complexity of BIF to run such a coordinated and widespread game plan.

Sharp Rise in Random Unceasing Low Level Jihad against Hindus

Sharp Rise in Random Unceasing Low Level Jihad against Hindus

It is obvious that there has been a huge upsurge in the recorded number of such jihad incidents – love jihad, rape jihad or plain old intimidation jihad. Delinking the underlying ideology from the crimes will not solve the issue.

Subhodeep Mukhopadhyay
Demography (Persecution & Proselytisation) | 25-06-2019

Many incidents which are reported as “normal” crimes are actually not “secular” but rather rooted in scriptural injunctions of supremacist ideologies. There are many instances where the perpetrators themselves admit that they were driven by ideological considerations. Yet media houses will either refuse to report it completely, or downplay the seriousness or give it a completely different spin especially where the perpetrators are Muslims. For example in the recent case of model Ushashi Sengupta’s harassment and intimidation by a Muslim mob in Kolkata, the English media houses did not even once name the accused. In fact they presented the incident, which was a clear case of violence and intimidation by a Muslim mob, into an altercation between “bikers” and an Uber driver and tried to downplay the seriousness.

The good news is that people are intelligent enough to discern the clear religious angle behind such incidents. Today people understand that when only Hindu owned shops are burnt in a Muslim majority area or when Hindu girls are abducted and raped by Muslim perpetrators, clearly there must be some religious angle. Social media provides data that people can now use to make their own judgements without having to rely on so-called “secular” media houses. People understand that love jihad is not a mere figment of Hindutva imagination but rather an unfortunate reality. Abductions of Hindu girls for conversion and forced marriage are a sad but lived reality.

Context

Love Jihad is a term used to describe campaigns under which Muslim men target Hindu women for conversion to Islam by feigning love and often using sexual relationship as a tool for blackmail. Love jihad is often accompanied by what is known as rape jihad. While rape is a heinous crime prevalent all over the world, what makes rape jihad distinct is abduction and rape for the purposes of religious conversion. Such systematic religion–motivated abuse is now being recorded from Egypt to Pakistan. In 2017, IndiaFacts obtained a copy of an FIR relating to rape jihad which exposes a fairly typical sequence in Rape Jihad.[ii] Love and rape jihad must be seen in the larger framework of Jihad. Jihad is a permanent doctrine of war by Muslims to be waged on non-believers till the whole world comes under the pale of Islam. Noted Pakistani scholar on Islam Anwar Shaikh summarizes jihad as a “binding contract between Allah and Muslims” where Muslims must fight against non-Muslims. Jihad become automatically applicable for all non-Muslims, since they do not follow Allah or accept Muhammad as the final prophet of the true God [iii].

In fact, Muslim men are often paid by mosques to entrap Hindu women. In this video, a Muslim youth admits that the masjid pays Rs 50,000/- to seduce Hindu women. It pays for their vehicle costs also. If he marries and converts a Hindu girl, he gets Rs 5 lakhs[iv].

Below I have presented a few incidents across Indian subcontinent only in this month. Do note that these are just a few representative cases, and represent a very tiny fraction of the real number of such incidents.
Recent Incidents

In a shocking case in Aligarh district of Uttar Pradesh, a person Zahid murdered and allegedly raped an infant Twinkle Sharma over a dispute of Rs 10,000 with her grandfather. On 30 May, Zahid kidnapped the girl and killed her with the help of accomplice Aslam. The body of the girl was found in a garbage dump on 2 June near a house in a dilapidated condition. A hand of the child was missing and the eyes had been gouged out. The father of the victim, Banwari Lal Sharma, fears she had been raped, too[v].

In Varanasi, a 9-year-old Scheduled Caste girl was sexually assaulted by Shahnawaz[vi]. In another shocking incident, an eight-year-old girl was raped inside a cemetery in the Chathia Jagannathpur village of Bhojipura district in Uttar Pradesh. The baby girl was admitted to the district hospital. A case has been filed against suspect Arbaaz who is absconding. At about 3 PM on 7 June, the girl was playing at a park when the suspect Arbaaz waylaid her. He threatened to kill the girl if she raised her voice. Then he raped the minor girl. A passerby heard the child scream. He rushed to the village to complain, where the victim’s father came to know of the incident. The girl’s father and villagers later found in a pool of blood, crying of pain. Police detained the brother and brother-in-law of the suspect. They are on a lookout for Arbaaz. [vii]

In another incident in in Barabanki in Utttar Pradesh, an 8 year old girl of Tikaitnagar area was raped by 40-year old Salim. He waylaid the child in his cab under the pretext of a joyride and then raped her. The police arrested the accused after the victim’s family complained. Salim has been charged under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act and kept in police custody[viii].
Muslim mob attacks doctors NRS Paribaha Mukhopadhyay Yash Tekwani

In another incident which garnered condemnation across India, a Muslim mob assaulted doctors in NRS hospital in Kolkata. Two junior doctors were seriously wounded – Paribaha Mukhopadhyay who suffered a depression fracture in the right frontal lobe of the skull; Yash Tekwani who is also admitted in critical care with head injuries. The trouble started when one Mohammed Sayeed (75) died during treatment. The deceased person’s grandson Ali, a self-confessed Pakistan lover, exhorted a Muslim mob to come so that they could take revenge on the doctors who had apparently caused his grandfather to die. Not unsurprisingly, none of the newspaper mentioned anything about a “Muslim mob” choosing instead to call it a skirmish between patient’s family and doctors[ix].

Recently in a shocking incident in Kolkata, model and actress Ushashi Sengupta was harassed by a mob of Muslim “youth”. They damaged the Uber she was riding in and badly beat up the driver. They even followed her all the way to her house and continued the violence. The police point blank refused to help her citing jurisdictional issues. They initially even refused to register an FIR. The accused have been identified as Sheikh Rahit, Fardeen Khan, Sheikh Sabir Ali, Sheikh Gani, Imran Ali, Sheikh Wasim and Sheikh Aatif. Here is the incident in her own words[x]:

“Last night 18th June 2019 at around 11:40 pm I took an uber from JW Marriott Kolkata to go back home after finishing work…. We were taking a left turn from the Exide crossing towards Elgin while few boys in a bike (without helmet) came and hit the uber. To which they stopped the bike and started yelling at the driver. In a fraction of second there were 15 boys and they all started banging the car window and dragging the driver out. They dragged the driver and started beating him up. This is when I stepped out and started shouting taking a video of the incident (attached below). I ran across the street to Maidan Police station , I saw an officer standing and I requested him to come with me, he told me that this is not under them but under the jurisdiction of Bhawanipore Police station.

To my utter surprise the boys followed us till my colleagues house … came and stopped my car, threw stones, broke the car. Dragged me out and tried to break my phone to delete the video.

…After raising a lot of questions the officer took my complain but refused to take the uber drivers complain stating that 2 FIR’s can’t be taken for the same complain. And he told me that it’s against the law. My uber driver insisted that he wants to do the complain but the officers didn’t take it. I am attaching the video of the mob and the picture of the broken car.

… if you are getting mobbed , violated , molested or even killed please be assured about the jurisdiction of the police station before running to them. Because even if it is 100 meter away from your spot and not under the jurisdiction chances are very rare they will come and help.

… . To help others and stand up is a scary thing to do because the police who was 100 mtrs away refused to help. The sub inspector refused to take my drivers FIR stating that it’s not under the law.”
Jamna Saami Pakistan Rape Jihad Violence

Jamna Saami | Source: incpak

Such incidents are not restricted to India alone. Recently in Pakistan’s Sindh province, in a shocking incident, a 13-year-old Hindu girl, Jamna Saami, was brutally raped by two men after forcing her to drink liquor. After raping her, they dumped her unconscious body in left in a sports ground near her neighborhood where her father and neighbors later found her. The video of her lying on the ground and writhing in pain, is shocking and deeply disturbing to say the least. The accused have been identified as brothers Roshan Shaikh and Rajab Shaikh[xi].

The situation in Bangladesh is no different. According to Shipan Kumer Basu, the President of the World Hindu Struggle Committee, the rate of Hindu girls who are raped is much higher than the official statistics for the general population and that the rape of Hindu women is generally not recorded in the official records. The Bangladesh Minority Council adds that: “Rape and other sexual violations of minor girls belonging to the Hindu community, mainly in rural areas, remain rampant. In the conservative society of rural Bangladesh, when a girl is violated in a village, the family is left with no choice but to migrate to India. In addition, in rural areas, pressure to convert to Islam is increasing with every year. In many cases, local authorities ignore such activities because they themselves believe that if they can convert a non-Muslim to Islam, then they will be rewarded after death. This belief has caused an upsurge in the religious conversion of Hindu minors and sometimes even of entire families to Islam.”[xii]
Conclusion

It is obvious that there has been a huge upsurge in the recorded number of such jihad incidents – love jihad, rape jihad or plain old intimidation jihad. Delinking the underlying ideology from the crimes will not solve the issue. Merely punishing the culprits (if at all) under some section of IPC will not prevent such incidents from happening in future. To tackle it one must first accept the scriptural injunctions behind these attacks and then plan an intervention which is deeper rather than mere surface level.
References

Christian girls abducted and forced to convert to Islam in spate of horror kidnappings https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/68 ... ings-Egypt

[ii] Modus Operandi of a Rape Jihadist: A Police Filing http://indiafacts.org/modus-operandi-rape-jihad/

[iii] The Complete Hindu’s Guide to Islam (Complete Hindu’s Guides Book 1) https://www.amazon.in/Complete-Hindus-G ... B072M4B1S9

[iv] https://twitter.com/Nationalist_Om/stat ... 5827355648

[v] Tappal, Aligarh: Zahid murdered lender’s grandchild for Rs 10K https://www.sirfnews.com/tappal-aligarh ... -rs-10000/

[vi] वाराणसी में 10 साल की मासूम से दरिंदगी, आरोपी को पुलिस ने किया गिरफ्तार https://navbharattimes.indiatimes.com/s ... 705210.cms

[vii] Arbaaz of Bareilly after Zahid of Aligarh, Salim of Barabanki https://www.sirfnews.com/arbaaz-of-bare ... barabanki/

[viii] Salim of Barabanki after Zahid of Aligarh https://www.sirfnews.com/salim-of-barab ... f-aligarh/

[ix] Muslim mob lynches Kolkata doctors, ‘The Telegraph’ blames BJP https://www.hindupost.in/muslim-mob-lyn ... lames-bjp/

[x] https://www.facebook.com/ushoshi.sengup ... 4765107548

[xi] Girl in Sindh, Pakistan raped by two men, tweeps outraged https://gulfnews.com/world/asia/pakista ... 1.64472793

[xii] Bangladeshi Hindu Human Rights Activist: “Muslims celebrate destruction of Hindu home” https://foreignpolicyblogs.com/2018/04/ ... indu-home/

Featured Image: The Hindu [An unruly mob took the law into its own hands after the prayer of Alvida namaz in Lucknow 2012]
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Karthik S wrote:
By H guy in TN you mean Ramalingam whose hands were chopped off for trying to stop conversions, NIA was at it before elections and recently arrested top ranking goat.
One thing I expect from Shah is to make punishments severe for those who indulge in such activities, much more than YA. He can bring back POTA law back.
Yes, him. Also several other cases where NIA is involved, and also suddenly (?) a lethargic police force in several states taking action against or investigating into what were clearly hate crimes, religious crimes from M extremists and were passed off as ordinary disputes, local crimes by lazy, afraid and crooked local investigators.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Chetak, my POV is that all these western agencies are completely purchased lock, stock and barrel by the Gelf paymasters who are operating behind the scenes and also domestic EJ/Left SJW interests. The Gelf guys hug NaMo in public, the EJ/SJWs act all business like regarding India in meetings, but both groups basically ensure their overall scheme for proselytization in India continues apace. NYT, WaPo etc are all subsidized in hidden ways by these jokers and I suspect their hit jobs on India are also to a) placate their EJ/SJW Hinduphobe string pullers in both Khan SD and Gelf sheikhdoms b ) indicate to India that if we want hitjobs to cease, we pay up. But we don't do that kind of money bags lobbying to that extent. All these guys are running in the red or are barely profitable. Its a shakedown.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Good find Chetak sir, also need to seriously look into changing demographics of temple towns from Kumbakonam to Haridwar. We may overlook these now 2019, but think of situation in 2029 and henceforth.

Read below Swarajya article:
In Tamil Nadu, Mushrooming Ghettos Change Demography Of Old Thanjavur Region Dotted With Temples
An alarming change in demography can be seen in the Mayiladuthurai-Kumbakonam belt, famous for its temples, with mosques springing up and Muslims settling in the area in large numbers.

Thankfully, there is a lull in the temple land takeover after the Narendra Modi government cracked down on foreign funds flow into the country.
https://swarajyamag.com/politics/in-tam ... th-temples

Last edited by Karthik S on 30 Jun 2019 08:17, edited 1 time in total.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Karan M wrote:
Karthik S wrote:
Yes, him. Also several other cases where NIA is involved, and also suddenly (?) a lethargic police force in several states taking action against or investigating into what were clearly hate crimes, religious crimes from M extremists and were passed off as ordinary disputes, local crimes by lazy, afraid and crooked local investigators.

Still a long way to go sir. I think it's vote bank politics and not lethargy.
Swati Goel Sharma Verified account @swati_gs
Follow Follow @swati_gs
More
"You live among us and yet dare to stand up against us? Leave our area, you Hindus".
Danish's family lynched Gangaram Singh to death, only for going to police to complain about his minor girl's kidnapping. Danish had kidnapped her earlier too

I am glad SSP of Moradabad Amit Pathak conducted an inquiry and suspended SHO Deepak Kumar. He had refused to file FIR on Gangaram's daughter's kidnapping.

And just see this statement in the FIR filed after lynching. Yeah, that's all!
My report:
https://twitter.com/swati_gs/status/1144206389738262528
ricky_v
BRFite

Post by ricky_v »

Now I am truly confused, if things were so bad then the judiciary would have stepped in, did we not recently jail an eco-fascist from delhi in a developed world move? Hater article does not even mention that minorities have the first right to our nation's resources, in which the goi
recognized their potential and is a bona-fide shaadi organizer(paid by the tax paying chump), and has taken note of their educational acumen with the move on scholarships.
I think only our filmi overlords can set right to the falsehoods in the sanghi media everywhere, when they rightly show that all atrocities in the world are factually committed by upper caste Hindus and the blame is falsely attributed to minorities.
Please do not believe in such falsehoods people, the development of minorities over and above our own is an inclusive and justified move, your part in this is to pay your taxes, loudly cheer every cess on you and every exemption to them or their institutions, provide them with your women(they have a rapacious hunger after all), be the soldiers for their reservation in all places and let them run your religious institutions. Only by doing such can you be considered a modern indian(goi approved tm pending), it is sabka something or the other after all.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

chetak wrote:the return of KPs in the 2014/2019 manifesto may be there but it is not safe for them to do so.
tandav wrote:Heard from a Kashmiri pandit business associate that Amit Shah has cancelled all the distressed sale of Kashmiri pandit properties in valley that happened in the Raliv Galiv Chaliv era 21 years ago.
I feel that the moving back of KPs will happen automatically if terrorism is completely routed out in Kashmir. That is after the peacefools are taught some hard lessons, and their idea of doing Jehad is at least 95% finished off. Cutting of the funding, then hunting down of the Jehadis and plus schemes for protecting the assets of KPs etc all seems to be steps in right directions. KPs may automatically think of going back, if they find the valley come back to normalcy. GoI may not have to do much, if they get the valley all cleaned up.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Originally NIA could investigate only terrorism cases.
One of our folks went through NIA Act word by word and wrote opinion on meaning of terrorism. This broad interpretation allows NIA to act.
So unlike idiots who call us hot air we do make a difference !!!
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

ANI UP Verified account @ANINewsUP
Follow Follow @ANINewsUP
More
UP CM Yogi Adityanath on reports of more than 100 Hindu families migrating from Meerut: Nobody is migrating, who will migrate now that we have come to power? There might be some cases of personal disputes but there is no migration.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

this lot is the opposition in TN

per rumour, they have "accumulated" more than the GDP of pak.

Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Well leave space at the bottom saar, by the looks of it, TN people will keep voting their family.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Follow Follow @swati_gs
Real iron lady for going around and relentlessly collecting information on reality of islam.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

darshan wrote:
Follow Follow @swati_gs
Real iron lady for going around and relentlessly collecting information on reality of islam.
certainly and also dharmic to the core.

@swati_gs needs to be encouraged.
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

Sachin wrote:
chetak wrote:the return of KPs in the 2014/2019 manifesto may be there but it is not safe for them to do so.
tandav wrote:Heard from a Kashmiri pandit business associate that Amit Shah has cancelled all the distressed sale of Kashmiri pandit properties in valley that happened in the Raliv Galiv Chaliv era 21 years ago.
I feel that the moving back of KPs will happen automatically if terrorism is completely routed out in Kashmir. That is after the peacefools are taught some hard lessons, and their idea of doing Jehad is at least 95% finished off. Cutting of the funding, then hunting down of the Jehadis and plus schemes for protecting the assets of KPs etc all seems to be steps in right directions. KPs may automatically think of going back, if they find the valley come back to normalcy. GoI may not have to do much, if they get the valley all cleaned up.
Better to issue gun licenses to KPs for self-defense with a 10-day training on how to use - even pistols would be enough. That will be a big deterrent for momins who tend to barge into Pandit homes at night. Unarmed Hindus are helpless faced with Jihadis
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

20% of west bank are Israeli settlers, wonder how are they managing to live behind enemy lines. Must be because of mandatory service in IDF and training they got.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karthik S wrote:20% of west bank are Israeli settlers, wonder how are they managing to live behind enemy lines. Must be because of mandatory service in IDF and training they got.
I heard this from israeli friends.

The minute there is an attack, a number of armed aircraft get airborne, hit random targets and return. They really do not care who they hit or kill.

The investigation of who fired what and when goes on as a matter of routine and the israelis target the perpetrators and their families, repeat, target the perpetrators and their families, destroy their houses which are more often than not already vacated because they all know what is to be expected.

they don't have the least care about amnesty or greenpeace or any of the human rights people

can dhimmi Hindus do things like this
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

chetak wrote:
Karthik S wrote:20% of west bank are Israeli settlers, wonder how are they managing to live behind enemy lines. Must be because of mandatory service in IDF and training they got.
I heard this from israeli friends.

The minute there is an attack, a number of armed aircraft get airborne, hit random targets and return. They really do not care who they hit or kill.

The investigation of who fired what and when goes on as a matter of routine and the israelis target the perpetrators and their families, repeat, target the perpetrators and their families, destroy their houses which are more often than not already vacated because they all know what is to be expected.

they don't have the least care about amnesty or greenpeace or any of the human rights people

can dhimmi Hindus do things like this

Question is will our govt? We still allow dead terrorists to have proper funeral, still allow stone pelters to go scott free calling them unguided youth. So don't think arming citizens and all will take place with people like ram madhav taking decisions.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Usual forces going after Dalai Lama.
https://www.opindia.com/2019/06/no-the- ... -doctrine/
No, The Dalai Lama is not a ‘Racist’ or ‘Islamophobe’ for defying the Multicultural Doctrine

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... dalai-lama
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

A_Gupta wrote:
RajD wrote:
When Arfa Khanum asked Khan saab what he thinks about minorities as second citizens in Hindu Rashtra, what a tight slap he has delivered in her face by saying that there is no concept of second class citizen in the history of Hinduism. Nobody is called as a dhimmi and nobody is charged jizia...... . Watch from 31.28min. Epic drubbing.
And he ends by saying that if you serve this society/country, the people will give you the status of an avataar, a god.
He made it even stronger by referring to Sai Baba. Many believe that Sai baba was born a muslim (others do not) or brought up by a muslim. So he is saying that this is a society (majority Hindu) that will give the status of an Avatar to whoever selflessly serves the people.
kedariprasad
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kedariprasad »

Arif Mohammad Khan interview by The Wire after PM Narendra Modi mentioned him in parliament speech.

The leftist propaganda website, The Wire, in an attempt to further the narrative that Muslims in India under the Narendra Modi government fear for their lives, recently interviewed former Congress leader Arif Mohammed Khan, who resigned from the Rajiv Gandhi cabinet after that government reversed the controversial Shah Bano judgement. Khan, much to The Wire journalist Arfa Khanum Sherwani’s chagrin, dismissed her fear mongering.

The Wire journalist makes it a point to start off with saying how out of the 303 BJP MPs, not a single one of them is Muslim, what will be the future of Muslims in India. She even wonders what will be the future of secularism in the nation.

Here are some of the highlights of the interview:

Arfa Khanum (AK): In his first speech in the Parliament, PM Modi talked about how Congress wants Muslims to stay in the gutter. Why after 33 years Modi, who got a thumping majority, with almost none or minimum Muslim support, does he keep talking about Muslims and Congress?

Arif Mohammed Khan (AMK): You are mixing two things: speaking about Congress and they getting a thumping majority. They are both different things. They got thumping majority because the country wanted them back. Both sides criticising the other is a part of democracy.

AK: Why did they even have to bring it up?

AMK: This is not a new thing. This is normal. This never stops in democracy. The PM did not bring it (triple talaq) on his own. He spoke of an old interview where a Congress minister took a stand against the government during the Shah Bano case, and reminded everyone how Congress does not have the political will to do things which are being referred to as appeasement. Congress did not have an intention to benefit a common Muslim, just a class which is a privileged class.

AK: Shah Bano judgement was reversed in 1986 and the first bill Modi government tables is on triple talaq. You seem to have become a prisoner of 1986 (when Shah Bano judgement was reversed by Rajiv Gandhi government).

AMK: Have the issues which came up in 1986 been solved?

AK: But circumstances have changed.

AMK: You are contradicting yourself. You yourself said that the first bill introduced is based on the issue which brought Shah Bano case to limelight. She was given triple talaq. Ayodhya. Is the issue solved?

AK: Modi government wants us to be stuck on these things.

AMK: Come to that thing which you said. Tell me, are the issues which were created in 1986 solved? I am not stuck in 1986. The issues which were created in ’86 took the country back to 1947. Wish we were in 1986. The hatred which was sowed in 1947… Do you know how many people were lynched in the 50s? Millions were killed. Always remember, when you try to live in the moment, you will always be disappointed. Do not let go of the perspective.

AK: The politics of 1947 was different and politics of 2019 is different. You are even saying that the Muslims shouldn’t be afraid of Hindutva politics.

AMK: First answer my question. If the issues of 1986 are still alive as they were back then, and the problems this Personal Law Board created for the nation are still as relevant even today. On 6th February, Rajiv ji had told me that no Muslim leader will oppose the lock which has opened in Ayodhya. I asked how? He said I had informed everyone before the locks were opened.

These issues are still alive and took us back to the time when India faced partition.

AK: Why bring 1986 issues now?

AMK: Because they are not solved. UPA had ten years, why didn’t they solve?

AK: Because there were other issues. Committees were set up.

AMK: Then what happened?

AK: Issues were identified.

AMK: They were identified long back. Please don’t try to mislead people.

AK: Is there no difference between the Modi government and previous Congress governments?

AMK: After Shah Bano case, Shahbuddin sahab worte a letter to the Prime Minister and Satanic Verses was banned. I want to ask you, what is the purpose of banning a book? The purpose is that things which are problematic should not be made available to people. After the controversy, I went to a book store in Khan Market. I had a copy which I had returned (before the ban). I asked whether that book is still available. I was informed as many as you want they are available. 7 copies were sold prior to the ban and after the ban 10,000 copies were sold. Another store also confirmed it.

I came back and put up an unstarred question in the Parliament when was the book banned and how many were confiscated. I was informed that not a single copy was confiscated.

So what was the intention behind banning the book? You agree with this duality? In last five years not a single riot took place in the country.

AK: What about small incidents?

AMK: I just told you it is not new.

AK: But before any elections, riots took place. If you remember 2013 riots in Muzaffarnagar, though another party was in power. There are all evidences where BJP officebearers and MLAs were involved who are now promoted and made ministers.

AMK: Whose responsibility was it to stop the riots in UP?

AK: But if on the grassroot level…

AMK: Amazing. Why did this hatred develop in the crowd?

AK: So you are saying communalism should be done openly.

AMK: You are saying this.

AMK: Six months back, Ghulam Nabi Azad in a meeting at Aligarh said the communalism in the country has increased so much that the candidates who used to call me, now 80% of them no longer invite me. Were those BJP candidates who used to invite him? Which party has become communal?

AK: Do you then agree that our country is becoming communal?

AMK: Our country is not becoming communal. Till those people who talked about one community and were so short-sighted that they didn’t realise it will have a reaction on the other side too… who made up those slogans?

AK: Is majority communalism a reaction to minority communalism?

AMK: Do not use the term minority. I have not used this word and I will not use it.

AK: Modi’s second term is going on as PM. What is the future of Muslims in India?

AMK: The question ‘what is the future of Muslims in India’… Whatever is the future of India is the future of people who live in India. That includes Muslims too.

AK: Their identity does not hold any significance?

AMK: What identity?

AK: This associated with their identity?

AMK: Should my identity be that I give triple talaq to my wife and throw her out of the house? Should my identity be that I don’t have resources to maintain one wife but I can go ahead and get three more wives? In any society, the professional clergy cannot survive till the people are not kept in the dark.

AK: People are raising concerns that India is moving from being a secular democracy to a Hindu Rashtra. Do you agree?

AMK: Did you ever oppose those countries which are Islamic?

AK: Talk from India’s perspective.

AMK: The world is a global village. And what do you understand by Hindu Rashtra?

AK: Where minorities, Muslims or Christians they will become second class citizens.

AMK: This concept is only in other religions. Hinduism does not have a concept of second-class citizens. No one becomes a ‘dhimmi’, no one is asked to pay ‘jaziya’.

AK: You deny ‘Hindu supremacy’?

AMK: The country’s smallest minority is Parsis. They also don’t have a single representative in the Parliament. They are not crying for representation. How many Christians in the country?

AK: But you are now forgetting history. How so many poor people…

AMK: How did they become so poor? Sir Syed said no one has made us poor. When the British started English medium education and a few years later 8,000 maulvis gathered and said that the English schools are a threat to Islam and opposed education of Muslim children in English medium schools. So who is responsible for keeping us poor?

AK: But this is even before 1947.

AMK: This attitude is still alive. I can show you discussion of Deoband which discouraged everyone from taking up modern education.

AK: The communalism, conservatism, fundamentalism you are talking about, I do not disagree. Muslim community also has it and other communities also have it. Only difference is that the clergies you mention do not have support of the government. Those who believe in Hindutva politics they have patronage of the party in power. You still say that Deoband is a bigger threat.

AMK: Your problem is that as a journalist you cannot put words in my mouth.

AK: One questions. What is a bigger threat? Deoband or Nagpur?

AMK: I can fight against my own selfishness, not against others’. Understand that if you could. You had written on Facebook that you will play Holi while saying Bismillah. Remember what was said about you? I remember. I had read all those comments. Where did this intolerance come from?

AK: I agree there is conservatism in either side.

AMK: But we will always attack the other side. But not look inward at our own flaws because it is easier to point at others.

AK: I have a problem that you are ignoring the conservatism and fundamentalism of the other side which has patronage of the government.

AMK: You must fight. I will say that this is a country where Sai Baba whose temples are across the country. Every devotee of Sai Baba knows he was born to Muslim parents. But because people have faith in Him, he is made an avatar and is worshipped. If you become helpful to the nation, you are put on a pedestal like a God.

https://www.opindia.com/2019/06/hinduis ... ournalist/
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 016385.cms
NDA to be just six short of halfway mark in Rajya Sabha on July5
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

^^^ The "seculars" are trying their best to scuttle the anti-Triple Talaq bill.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

If the NDA manages to pass it by calling a joint session. Can is be repealed later on like POTA was?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Pratyush wrote:If the NDA manages to pass it by calling a joint session. Can is be repealed later on like POTA was?
Sure it can be BUT some actions are more easily dramatized than others.

If it were to happen it would be ... how do they say it .. Shah Bano redux.

1. Many right thinking Muslims and Liberals point to that action as marking the start of rise of BJP.
2. Wether it passes or not 3T has become a "wedge" issue just like the Shah Bano case. Repealing it will make it an even bigger wedge issue. BJP will use it either way as an example of appeasement politics.
3. Let the opposition get control of the Lok sabha first.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Sachin wrote:^^^ The "seculars" are trying their best to scuttle the anti-Triple Talaq bill.
Why are we so interested in 3T?
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Karthik S wrote:Why are we so interested in 3T?
At least for me, this was one bill which the BJP has been trying to push for at least two times. This is their third attempt. So success or failure here; may indicate what is going to happen next. Personally, I don't have much botherations here as this is about a Muslim man & woman.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Lack of 3T gives muslim women more choice in controlling baby production. Right now abduls have control over Ayeshas who can be dumped at any time dont comply. It also exposes INC hypocrisy in making laws tougher for Hindu men . Secularism in this country has become just a way for implementing a post Hindu India which is the INC goal.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Pratyush wrote:If the NDA manages to pass it by calling a joint session. Can is be repealed later on like POTA was?
Yes after 5 years. Although all the provisions of POTA were implemented in the Code of Criminal procedure after the mass bombings India faced in the 2005-08 period.

707 people died and thousands injured for these votes.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Aditya_V wrote:Lack of 3T gives muslim women more choice in controlling baby production. Right now abduls have control over Ayeshas who can be dumped at any time dont comply. It also exposes INC hypocrisy in making laws tougher for Hindu men . Secularism in this country has become just a way for implementing a post Hindu India which is the INC goal.
What makes you think this law is implementable? Which police will enter a ghetto and arrest an abdul for 3T? Bringing in law is one thing, implementability of law is entirely another matter. This bill, even if passes, will be as useful as a snooze button in a fire alarm. So NO, no ayesha abdul equation will change because any such law.
Last edited by Karthik S on 01 Jul 2019 14:54, edited 1 time in total.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Sachin wrote:
Karthik S wrote:Why are we so interested in 3T?
At least for me, this was one bill which the BJP has been trying to push for at least two times. This is their third attempt. So success or failure here; may indicate what is going to happen next. Personally, I don't have much botherations here as this is about a Muslim man & woman.

Exactly, I am more interested in what changes MAD are planning addresses our issues.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

3T is a strategic "wedge" issue and that is what makes BJP so interested. They are setting up a trap for the opposition.

I don't think BJP is too interested in getting it passed as much as having it in play. IF it passes it is a win and if it fails to pass even then it is a win for BJP too. Opposition will lose by opposing but they will also loose by allowing it to pass. It is a no win situation for opposition and a win-win for BJP no matter what the outcome.

IF by some chance, the opposition allow 3T to be passed, BJP has the next "wedge issue" lined up i.e. expansion of NRC to Bengal.

While thinking on "wedge issue" also think of "Amazon flywheel" in REVERSE and then one can understand BJP's interest in 3T.

Politics is a very cynical game and not for everyone. Pick issues that will put the opposition on the backfoot, confused and on the defensive.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-ne ... MbtbM.html
Congress MLA Anand Singh resigns from Karnataka Assembly, shocks party
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

One hopes the state government falls post haste, after LS elections they even stopped pretending to govern. Hopefully elections are held again soon without giving any breathing room for congies.
siqir
BRFite -Trainee

Post by siqir »

marxist assault on our technical institutions has started

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ram_Guha/sta ... 2559898624
I have joined the Indian Institute of Science as Satish Dhawan Visiting Professor, for one year, starting today. Am deeply honoured to hold a chair named for this great scientist and institution-builder, who played such a critical role in making IISc and ISRO what they are today.
and i was just today reading about destruction of library of alexandria haha

so iisc should invest in flame retardants and offsite data backups stat
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

siqir wrote:marxist assault on our technical institutions has started

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ram_Guha/sta ... 2559898624
I have joined the Indian Institute of Science as Satish Dhawan Visiting Professor, for one year, starting today. Am deeply honoured to hold a chair named for this great scientist and institution-builder, who played such a critical role in making IISc and ISRO what they are today.
and i was just today reading about destruction of library of alexandria haha

so iisc should invest in flame retardants and offsite data backups stat
our Prasanna Simha pointed out on Twitter that this S Dhawan endowment is for aerospace scholars and all past appointees have been eminent aerospace experts.
Some turd in IISC governing council have misused the powers to appoint Guha who has no educational qualifications to be a historian to this endowed chair.

Please help in ReTweeting.