Indian Sports and Entertainment Industry

The Technology & Economic Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to Technological and Economic developments in India. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Re: Indian Sports and Entertainment Industry

Post by SBajwa »

The world record of greatest margin win is New Zealand 402 runs to defeat Ireland for 112. 290 runs. 316 will be a new world record if achieved by Bakis!!
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

That is if Pakis bat first. But if BD bats first and scores say 50 runs, then Pakis have to do in 2 overs?
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Mayanti Langer keeps saying that Pakis 'must' bat first. So there is no way for pakis if they bat second?
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Now Pakis are going to say NZ, IN and EN should be investigated and disqualified for match fixing. Dawn and other papers will come out with editorials why Pakis lost and they will spew lot of conspiracy theories. Never their fault or incompetence. Next few days going to be fun.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Yes, if BD bats first and scores 50 then pakis have to score 51 in 10 balls.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

If BD bats first there is no way Pakis can qualify. It is the WI match that did them in. 105 all out! That put their NRR in big hole they could not recover from it.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Icing on the cake will be if BD beats them.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

There goes the chance for Sarfaraz to become PM of Bakistan!!
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

India will play NZ if it tops the table and England if it remains 2nd
what are chances it will be no 1 if it wins NZ
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Most grounds on England are small. I doubt it will make a difference if we play at Manchester or Birmingham. Even if we play at Birmingham, the pitch will be a new pitch more in the center of the ground. But that still will not make the square boundaries more than 65 meters which is an improvement from 59 meters but not by much. Perhaps, that is all it takes to make a difference.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Kohli has openly stated his lack of regard for the Edgbaston pitches, where both the Eng and BD matches were played. They are two paced and after the first 30 or so over, becomes much harder. The scripts in both matches were near alike.

Old Trafford on the other hand has a good pitch for our bowling attack, plus a great crowd atmosphere for Team India.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Even today's pitch between NZ and Eng behaved like the Edgbaston pitches. I am doubting if there is any good one day pitch for the remaining matches.

Most probably the semifinal in Old Trafford will be played on a new pitch too but the center pitch seems to have already been used for India-Pakistan and may be other matches. So the dimensions may be bad. Or perhaps, it has been enough time to repair the center pitch and make it new again.

Old trafford traditionally has more bounce which is supposedly good for our spinners. Playing two spinners is the more attacking option and perhaps our best chance of winning which ever the ground may be.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

disappointing to see good old teams like SA, SL disappearing ! NZ is in SF but does it deserve to with performance like today?
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

SBajwa wrote:There goes the chance for Sarfaraz to become PM of Bakistan!!
All Pak has to do to qualify: In the next game -
Win the toss,
Opt to bat, (Else, Pakis do not qualify even if they are able dismiss everyone and score a wicket on each ball :) )
Get to 450 runs
dismiss BD in 129 runs.. (Beat them by 321 runs or so)..

Or Get to 400 Runs
Dismiss BD under 84 runs and win by 316 runs...
Heck, they can even do in 350 runs if they dismiss BD under 39 runs..
:) :)

Edited later: If Pak makes 308 runs and dismisses all for zero, they may qualify. ...Are they ready for this?
Last edited by Amber G. on 04 Jul 2019 06:00, edited 2 times in total.
CalvinH
BRFite

Post by CalvinH »

Like the odds for Pakistan. For a nation that has got free passes all these years in everything this is Karma finally catching up with them.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

In my opinion, for the next match with Sri Lanka: Rohit Sharma, Bumrah, and Dhoni should not play, so that they can rest, and avoid risking injury before the semi-final.

In their place, Mayank Agarwal, Ravindra Jadeja, and Kedar Jadhav should play. If the team can still win the match against Sri Lanka, it will improve everyone's self-confidence, and put pressure on the minds of opposing teams in sem-final and final.

What do you guys think about my suggestion?

BTW, any comments on Ambati Rayudu's abrupt retirement from cricket? I think it is sad. He should have been sent in to shore up the middle order, and not Mayank Agarwal. Now, if the middle order collapses in the semi-final, the selectors will get a lot of brickbats.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

U guys overlook the obvious: Pak scoring 600. A mere 12 runs/over. E-Z!
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Kakkaji wrote:In my opinion, for the next match with Sri Lanka: Rohit Sharma, Bumrah, and Dhoni should not play, so that they can rest, and avoid risking injury before the semi-final.

In their place, Mayank Agarwal, Ravindra Jadeja, and Kedar Jadhav should play. If the team can still win the match against Sri Lanka, it will improve everyone's self-confidence, and put pressure on the minds of opposing teams in sem-final and final.

What do you guys think about my suggestion?
I like your suggestion, and this depends on how badly we want to avoid playing again in Birmingham, so that should be taken into account in case of a loss. But if we are going down this route, I would go further and add DK as well - Mayank + KL to open, Kohli (c), Pant, Kedhar, DK (wk), Pandya, Jadeja, Kuldeep, Bhuvi, Shami. The only problem is the bowling department - our lack of depth there is glaring and we will have to play at least these frontline bowlers, and our pacers are injury prone. I suppose we could go with Chahal instead of Bhuvi, but then the bowling will be too spin heavy and SL could face it easily.

But at the same time, going in with a team like this and winning will boost confidence a lot and help build a backup option.
Kakkaji wrote:BTW, any comments on Ambati Rayudu's abrupt retirement from cricket? I think it is sad. He should have been sent in to shore up the middle order, and not Mayank Agarwal. Now, if the middle order collapses in the semi-final, the selectors will get a lot of brickbats.
Yeah, the selectors dropped the ball on that one, assuming that they didn't ask Rayudu, or that he turned them down this time.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Batsmen do not get usually get injured if they played more of course unless hit by the ball, but it's still rare compared to bowlers' stress fractures or ham strings etc. If anything, the more time batsmen spend in the center, the better.

Bumrah should probably rested. Bhuvi must be asked to go full speed and see if he has fully recovered from his pulled hamstring. KJadhav should be in as I feel he is better than DK and he needs more match practice. The good thing is, on a good pitch, Dhoni seems to be able to make at least a run a ball.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

Dhawan got injured in this tournament. Don’t want to risk Rohit before the semi-final
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Bring back K. Nair for the England semi (or final?) Seeing him will remind them of his 300+ not out and they will start dropping catches.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

I don't think Kohli-Shastri will tinker with the team except for maybe bring in Jadeja to give him a chance in place of Bumrah. You don't want to walk into the SF with a loss. If someone gets injured, Bad luck.
VS got injured by friendly fire.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

I think one of the following will eventually solve our #4 problem.
It will be either Shubam Gill, Mayank Agarwal or Prithvi Shaw.
Kohli would drop to #4 while one of the above 3 will bat at #3.

It has happened during the days of Fab-5.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

UlanBatori wrote:Bring back K. Nair for the England semi (or final?) Seeing him will remind them of his 300+ not out and they will start dropping catches.
I think you are probably joking, but FWIW: You can't bring in random players in a WC tournament like you can do in a domestic bilateral series - you can only substitute a player if they are injured, and the WC technical committee has to be satisfied that it is a genuine requirement (and not somebody out of form being replaced) and approve it.
Kakkaji wrote:Dhawan got injured in this tournament. Don’t want to risk Rohit before the semi-final
Doesn't work that way. Rohit would prefer to play every game. Dropping him can mess up his rhythm and momentum, and he would like all the time in the middle that he can get. This is not like, for e.g resting him for a smaller bilateral tournament or resting Kohli/Bumrah in a bilateral ODI or T20 series so that they can rest up for tests.

hanumadu wrote:Batsmen do not get usually get injured if they played more of course unless hit by the ball, but it's still rare compared to bowlers' stress fractures or ham strings etc. If anything, the more time batsmen spend in the center, the better.

Bumrah should probably rested. Bhuvi must be asked to go full speed and see if he has fully recovered from his pulled hamstring. KJadhav should be in as I feel he is better than DK and he needs more match practice. The good thing is, on a good pitch, Dhoni seems to be able to make at least a run a ball.
I would disagree there. Both Bumrah and Shami (not sure about Bhuvi) are on record saying (in past series) that they would like to bowl as much as possible to stay in rhythm. There are plenty of rest days anyway. Even on days when they are not playing, they are bowling > 10 overs in the nets anyway. But perhaps they can be substituted while fielding etc. Resting them for a whole series/tournament is the way to go (and what they have been doing to manage their workload) rather than trying to drop/rotate people in the odd game in the middle of a tournament.

Regarding Bhuvi testing his fitness in the match, it again doesn't work that way, especially with this modern professional Indian setup. He is 100% fit, or they would not have played him in the match. Even in the match where he walked off injured, he could have bowled the rest of his spell if really needed, but Kohli, Bhuvi and the physio quickly decided that they won't risk it. But bowling 10 overs will let him get his full rhythm and form back (not that he did badly in the last match).
vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

I think anyone fit, would be eligible for playing. They don't want to lose the momentum.

Team selection will be based on addressing the perceived weakness. So try out new bowling tactics, middle order tweaking, keeper change?. Time to try out new tactics with the same team. So, I expect the core of the team to continue while Shammi will be dropped, and instead Jadeja may be given a chance.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I think Nair got a raw deal. 300+ as opener against England very early in career, then... no chances. While ppl like Agarwal, Rayudu, vijayshankar etc are paraded with no plan. Was his fielding so bad or what? This is worse than Murali Vijay until very late in his career: he was the best opener inside India other than Gavaskar and Tendulkar, but no chance on national team until he was probably 40+. A lot of snootiness in batsman selection, I think. I remember ppl like Abbas Ali Baig who never seemed to score more than 0 - but oh so STYLISHLY, getting picked again and again.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Nair got a raw deal in tests. his List A record is nothing to write home about and was never in contention for ODI's. rayudu is the one who got a really raw deal just because he is not as glamorous as the likes of shaw or gill. he has a ODI avg of friggin 47 for heaven's sake. that's more than any of the fab four.

he was picked as one for the future by ganguly, possibly the best talent spotter in Indian cricket. then he went into ICL and never got anything nearing fair treatment by BCCI once he came back.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Rayudu is partially to be blamed for his situation. He was selected for last years tour to England but he had to be replaced because he did not pass the fitness test. That would have been a good practice for world cup on english pitches.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cricke ... 2019-07-05
World Cup 2019: Fans amused as Sarfaraz Ahmed says Pakistan will try to post 500 vs Bangladesh
ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: Pakistan captain Sarfaraz Ahmed said the team will do give its best in their final group-stage match against Bangladesh on Friday in a bid to keep the outside chances of qualifying for the semi-finals alive.
Gautam
Wait till Djinns in green uniform attack the dark rice eating converted folks.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I think BD are fired up, the better team and will defeat Pak today. planning to go home a bit early and enjoy.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Pks racing towards 300+
Any bowler trying to pace is thrashed
Only cutters & spinners getting some respect
(no idea why then Chahal & KJ were thrashed!)
Toss continues to be boss
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

RR 5.60 @35 overs. Not good enough IMO. Certainly not for 198 for 2. Prognosis bad for TV sets in LaHore.

BDs not imaginative: should have turned out in Gold as in "Amar Sonar Bangla".
Did u know what triggered the love-fest between Paki and Afg fans the other din? A plane flew over the ground pulling a banner that said
FREE BALOCHISTAN
:rotfl:
Last edited by UlanBatori on 05 Jul 2019 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

IndraD wrote:Pks racing towards 300+
Any bowler trying to pace is thrashed
Only cutters & spinners getting some respect
(no idea why then Chahal & KJ were thrashed!)
Toss continues to be boss
Different pitch and ground.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

this pitch also seems to be equally rubbish and square boundary is still 56 meters though I cld be wrong
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

bangla tigers if they capture some wkts and restrict pak to ~300, they can chase this down.

come on BD, we are with you!
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Pakollapse underway. 245 for 2, 255 for 5. Only 5.x overs to go. Is BD really out of semis?
Last edited by UlanBatori on 05 Jul 2019 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

Ya Arrah!!! Why is Momin BD also wearing deep saffron todin? :(( :(( :((
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Matching Mantrini Nirmalaji's sari to see if they grow brains.
Sarfaraz retired hurt. One b4 that hit wicket at 100. Not looking good for TV sets.
But wow! They woke up after that, and crossed 308 at over 49. Great tail!
Last edited by UlanBatori on 05 Jul 2019 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

Lol. Imam ul haq, the nephew of Inzy bhai, also managed to get out in a weird way just like his uncle