Christianity, Evangelism & its geopolitical impact

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Re: Christianity, Evangelism & its geopolitical impact

Post by darshan »

https://www.foxnews.com/world/city-wate ... c-exorcism
Catholic bishop to rain down 'holy water' from helicopter in 'mass exorcism' over city
After the brutal murder of a 10-year-old girl in a port city in Colombia, Monsignor Rubén Darío Jaramillo Montoya, the bishop of Buenaventura, announced he will perform a mass exorcism over the city beset with violence, drug smuggling, and poverty this weekend, The Guardian reported.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Longest Running Murder Investigation In Kerala: 27 Years After A Murder Most Foul, Trial Begins In Sister Abhaya Case
https://swarajyamag.com/insta/longest-r ... bhaya-case
Sister Abhaya, a Catholic sister, was found dead in a water well in St Pius X Convent in Kottayam on 27 March 1992. Investigation into this death is by far the longest running murder investigation saga in Kerala.

The local police and the Crime Branch closed investigation claiming that it was a suicide case. However based on a writ petition, the High Court of Kerala transferred the investigation to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).

While the first CBI team announced that it is unable to ascertain whether it was a suicide or a murder, a second investigative team established that it was a case of murder but said that it was unable to unearth any evidence.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Watch: Irate Woman Pushes Celebrity Christian Pastor Off Stage For Claiming That ‘Fat Women Don’t Go To Heaven’
https://swarajyamag.com/insta/watch-ira ... -to-heaven
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Radical Christian organisations threaten Hindu Ashram in Russia, organisation reaches out to PM Modi for help
https://www.opindia.com/2019/07/radical ... -for-help/
A Hindu Ashram in Russia, ‘Shri Prakash Dham’, is under threat from radical Christian organisations, claims Prasun Prakash, Director, Public Affairs, Centre for Conservation of Indian Culture, Shri Prakash Dham. Shri Prakash Dham has presence in Russia, Eurasia, Europe and the UK.

Prakash said, “About four years back, my family and our organisation was under attack from the nationalist orthodox Christian goons. It all began with slander on the internet, TV and radio and even included physical attacks on me personally.”

Alexander Dvorkin, an anti-cult activist in Russia and member of a group that harasses any religion that competes with Russia’s orthodox Church, reportedly started a campaign against the spiritual guru. As per the reports, the Guru has been living in Russia since 1990. He had reached Russia to study medicine, but eventually became a spiritual leader.

According to Guru Prakash, people pretending to be journalists were first sent to his house. The ones who opposed them came pretending to be their supporters and devotees. These fake journalists would then take images and videos of the ashram and spread fake propaganda.

He alleged that the radical Christian groups refer to yoga and meditation as ‘hypnosis’ and claim that the devotees of Shri Prakash are under the influence of hypnosis and straying from Christianity.

“Our first lawyer was a very renowned pro-Putin hard liner who got pressurised by the hooligans in the Russian FSB (the modern short form of KGB). As the matter progressed we saw great support from the Russian communist party and Islam. We even spoke about this matter in the walls of the UN and the Russian Parliament,” said Prasun Prakash.

He added that currently the situation is under control as they recently won a case against the radical outfit. “Our new lawyer, who is a famous muslim personality in Russia and my very good friend also played an important role in this victory. I met him through our common Muslim friends who are like brothers to me,” he added.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Watch and Connect all the dots that have been happening for last few decades.

Conversion War, Religious Freedom and Native Traditions | Sankrant Sanu | #SrijanTalks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ5WzXaMHao
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

The Catholic AG is Bringing Back the Death Penalty; That Hypocrisy is Irrelevant
https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/201 ... rrelevant/
Besides the fact that a “pro-life” administration is eagerly bringing back the death penalty, some of the pushback came from Catholics who are furious that fellow believer Barr is doing something that violates the beliefs of the Church. After all, Barr is a member of the Knights of Columbus and worked for many groups including the Catholic Information Center in Washington, D.C, “National Catholics for McCain” and “Catholics for Romney.”

If he was so steeped in Catholicism before becoming attorney general, then why, critics ask, is he abandoning those principles now?
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Lancaster man charged with sex abuse while running orphanage in Kenya
https://www.witf.org/news/2019/07/lanca ... -kenya.php
Dow allegedly traveled from Lancaster County to Kenya in 2008, and started the Dow Family Children's Home, McSwain said. He did so with the financial support of his church and other organizations.

"By the time the orphanage closed in September of 2017, the defendant is alleged to have sexually abused at least four young teenage girls who live there," McSwain said.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Tiffany FitzHenry @Tiff_FitzHenry Jul 27

The long-time special assistant to Mother Teresa, Mark Bloomfield, 54, was beaten to death yesterday outside a pub in Wales. He worked with children in Africa and India for her foundation. To me, his death sounded like a hit, so I started digging...

Tiffany FitzHenry @Tiff_FitzHenry

I always wondered why the Catholic Church rushed to canonize Mother Teresa after her death. Turns out she was a child trafficker, selling babies & funneling between $50-100 million/year to the Vatican. Her long-time assistant was beaten to death yesterday.

see thread here https://twitter.com/Tiff_FitzHenry/stat ... 1011666944
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

http://musicians4freedom.com/wp-content ... Christ.pdf

I'm currently reading this book (also free on kindle unlimited). Though I'm Catholic I find the account of the sheer corruption and evil of the church
- specifically its pope's, absolutely horrifying. The author is a scholarly priest (4 other well received books) who blew the whistle in 1988 when he wrote this (all based on Vatican documents which he could access and which have not been refuted). It would seem that the corruption of the church leaders was unsurpassed and their crimes against humanity (not just the Jews) exceeded only by Hitler. A lot of so called doctrine that Christians faithfully believe in seems to have been inventions of popes to gain money or power.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

The Nuns Who Bought and Sold Human Beings

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/the ... ailsignout
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

"He previously volunteered with a Christian mission in Sierra Leone since 2006 with a charity called Mission Direct"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ne-13.html
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Silent No More: Allegations of sexual abuse, cover-ups inside Jehovah’s Witnesses Organization
https://www.koco.com/article/silent-no- ... s/28659357
A year-long investigation by the Hearst Television National Investigative Unit has uncovered new allegations of child sexual abuse and decades-long cover-ups inside the Jehovah’s Witnesses religious organization in the United States. The allegations span states, congregations, and generations and have been the subject of inquiries by attorneys general offices in at least three states, the National Investigative Unit has learned – inquiries that have not been previously reported.

Kameron Torres said he was 6 years old when he began being abused. He said he and his mother told the leadership of his congregation – men known as elders – about the abuse. "And the elders didn't do anything. They said, 'we'd look into this, we'll take care of it, we'll leave it in God's hands,'” he recalled during the interview.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... aign=cppst
If it happens in Yindoo Desh violation of human rights only :roll:
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Duterte Spurns 500th Anniversary of Christianity in Philippines

https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2019/09/ ... ilippines/

Philippine bishops have declared they will celebrate the 500th anniversary of the arrival of Christianity in the Philippines in 2021 with or without the participation of President Rodrigo Duterte, who said he will not commemorate the “subjugation” of the country by Spanish colonizers.
“Why would I celebrate the arrival of the Spanish here? Why would I?” Duterte said in a speech on September 6. “They came to this country as imperialists. We were not Spanish and they subjugated us for 300 years. That’s painful for me.”

The president’s words provoked sharp responses from a number of the nation’s Catholic bishops, who said that Duterte was making a big mistake in not getting behind the landmark anniversary.

Bishop Pablo Virgilio David of Kalookan said that in 2021 Filipinos will not be celebrating colonialism but “the Christian faith” that from the outset they “welcomed as a gift, albeit from people who were not necessarily motivated by the purest of motives.”

For his part, Bishop Roberto Mallari of San Jose said that Duterte would be missing an opportunity to unite the people whom he vowed to serve. The Church will move forward with its festivities while the president will only “deprive himself of the graces, which we will receive during the celebration,” Mallari said.

Yet another bishop, Ruperto Santos of Balanga, said that there was plenty to celebrate and thank God for after 500 years of evangelization in the country, which is overwhelmingly Catholic.

“One may or not celebrate or attend, yet we continue to be grateful to God for His 500 years of graces and guidance,” he said.

The celebration is a way “to remember and look back” to the presence of Christianity in Philippine history, which made the country a “new evangelizer of the Catholic faith to the whole world,” Bishop Santos said.

Bishop Arturo Bastes of Sorsogon issued a more forceful rebuke of the president, saying his attitude reflected historical ignorance as well as disdain for Christianity.

By opting out of the celebrations, Duterte shows he is “ignorant of the significance” of Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan in the history of the world. Magellan arrived in Cebu Island, Philippines, in March 1521, where he planted a cross.

The Southeast Asian archipelago, named for King Philip II of Spain, became a Spanish colony in 1565 and remained under Spanish rule until 1898.

“It is not only the coming of Christianity that we celebrate but the great significance of Magellan’s voyage that proves Galileo’s theory that the world is round,” Bishop Bastes said.

Bastes said that Duterte needed “a lecture on the history of the world and of our country.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Why are Adam and Eve always shown as having belly-buttons?

Shwetank
BRFite

Post by Shwetank »

Some history from Canada, if this was in India and done by Hindus, it would widely disseminated in textbooks about system oppression built into the religion.
how colonialism shattered relationships between Indigenous men and women
The devastating effect of Indian residential schools is well known. Approximately 150,000 Aboriginal children were taken from their families and sent to these church-run institutions, where many faced horrific abuse and endured cultural genocide.
“A senior government official and a priest were talking about the difficulty they were having in our communities to get people to a place of acceptance,” ... “The quote that I put in my paper said—this is the government person talking to the priest in writing—‘You need to teach Indian men how to treat their women. Their women have too much power.

“I’m not kidding you,” Grant-John continued. “What they said is, ‘You need to teach them how to beat their wives and make sure, as we do, that the stick you use is no bigger than your little finger.’ ”

Grant-John explained that this was how many European men dealt with women in the 18th and 19th centuries.

“If we look at the history of Indigenous women—probably throughout the world but, more importantly, in those countries that were colonized by the Europeans—you can see the idea that the European concept of relationships between men and women was very much about power of men over women,” she said.
She pointed out that in many instances during colonial times, European men in North America would take Indigenous women into their homes because there was a shortage European women.

“Those [Indigenous] women would become much like wives,” Grant-John noted. “But once they brought the European women over, they would send the Indian women to the backyard, so they were much like slaves. They would have had children with those European men.”

another unfortunate outcome of colonialism: the undermining of relations between local Coast Salish First Nations as a result of them being “compartmentalized” on reserves. ...this corroded the bonds between these peoples as they were categorized by different legal descriptions under the Indian Act.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Christianity globaly is on the backfoot because of the past deplorable acts of many of its organisations and " Christian" countries.The Catholic church with its paedo scandals,and Protestant churches too have their dirty line to wash. Organised entities are on the decline barring a few cults like the Mormons who are not part of mainstream Christianity.

The greatest threat to an individual's religious freedom to choose his or her faith of choice is Islam.Relentlessly being promoted by extremists and the massive influx of Muslims worlwide especially in the west, where higher birth rates of Muslims are taking over cities, then nations like Britain, where a Muslim is the Home Sec. and Mayor of London another.Both these individuals have been openly promoting the interests of Muslims.The demand for halal meat and the oppressive Sharia laws by these Muslim immigrants is rapidly changing thr social fabric and harmony in what are supposed to be Christian countries.There's no need today for the Muslim invasion of Europe as was attempted centuries ago, by Muslim empires, it's already happened by stealth immigration anf influx of Islamic refugees!
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Philip wrote:Christianity globaly is on the backfoot
How about in India sir?
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Karthik S wrote:Philip wrote:
Christianity globaly is on the backfoot

How about in India sir?
Exactly, How about India??

I visited my family in Punjab last year and I discussed this with my relations.
I can't speak for other parts of India, however I will narrate my experience.

My relations are not wealthy/educated people, they are basically poor folk who work on other peoples land or as labourers doing work in construction.
These missionaries visit their villages and basically harass/terrorise people into converting. They put forward very clever arguments and use tricks to convert people.
My cousins asked me "who can we turn to? No one cares about us?
I asked what is the Pandit doing?
Nothing he doesn't care
What is the Gurudwara Granthi/committee doing?
Nothing, they don't understand or care.

The poor have had superstition used to control them and keep them "in their place" for years and now the missionaries are using the same tactics to convert them.

So I ask the same question on Bharat-Rakshak on behalf of my cousins.....
"who can we turn to? No one cares about us?
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

See how the question has gone unanswered by Philip?
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

chetak wrote:
Why are Adam and Eve always shown as having belly-buttons?

Chetakji
Thanks for showing this.
Every-time I excise a belly-button and state that I have turned him/her into Adam/Eve, I have to give a lecture to the people of the book what I mean. :lol:
Pictorial representation and visual learning is so important as it leaves a lasting imprint. 8)
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

‘You need to teach them how to beat their wives and make sure, as we do, that the stick you use is no bigger than your little finger.’ ”

Grant-John explained that this was how many European men dealt with women in the 18th and 19th centuries.
Actually the first step is to declare that natives are low in morality etc then comes claims of civilizing and beating up, then 'xonsensual sex' v/s overpolicing by invaders like how pakis are talking about jihad v/s joint sovereignty option.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Karthik S wrote:See how the question has gone unanswered by Philip?
I think the question will go unanswered by Bharat-Rakshak!!!

Fact is, Indians are good at complaining, but noting will be done.
Boots on the ground are needed, the well educated people who live in the larger towns/villages need to be out confronting these missionaries and assuring the poor people in these villages that they have someone to turn to when they need help.

But nothing will happen, people will just moan.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Kerala: 68-year-old Christian priest from Syro Malabar Church booked for sexually assaulting three 9-year old girls
https://www.opindia.com/2019/09/christi ... am-kerala/
The Kerala police have booked Father George Padayattil under Section 10 (Punishment for aggravated sexual assault) and Section 11 (Sexual harassment) of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act. According to the police, the priest is currently absconding.
gpurewal
BRFite

Post by gpurewal »

Looks like Christian Missionaries in Australia are behaving like ISIS militants when it comes to honouring ancient artifacts, sites, etc.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-20/ ... l/11527402
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

With a bible in one hand and a sword in the other.

European colonizers killed so many Native Americans that it changed the global climate, researchers say

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/02/01/worl ... index.html
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Just saw the Q. Mainstream Christian churches are losing out members to evangelical churches- mainly influenced by US entities, because of earlier stated reasons. One would have to access govt. census reports and data to see if there has been any real growth in % of Christians in the country.I do not believe there has been any spurt in the %.Two reasons.One much smaller families today unlike a generation ago.Eco. reasons produce smaller families.The % may have even dropped.

A new phenomenon has arisen though.The earlier western missionaries who worked amongst poorer sections of the populations and established schools, hospitals, etc. have been replaced by desi entities and the rise of US style " televangelism" has arrived. European style humble missionary work is giving way to tele-star " pastors" preaching on the small screen. Many of them have built up large empires. This is however common with other Indian religious outfits where so-called "godmen" run the show.

Secondly, funding for religious activities from abroad is under greater govt. scrutiny- to see that such funds are not misused. Conversions for the sake of material benefit to individuals appears to be on the decline, as unlike in previous decades and during the British Raj, emancipation of dalits post- Independence has been on the rise with increasing reservations for SC/ST, BC, OBC, et al. The country's economy has also improved substantially after Independence especially after it was opened up during the Narasimha Rao- Manmohan Singh era and continued by successive govts. Some evangelical entities though, have allegedly using US supplied funds ,been offering monetary inducements to potential converts. This is a grey area which needs careful and covert investigation. The level of overseas funding is however a fraction of what has been flooding India from the Islamic world especially Saudi Wahaabi largesse used to foment extremism as we are seeing in J &K.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

An American Missionary Has Been Accused of Posing as Doctor, Resulting in the Deaths of African Children

https://relevantmagazine.com/god/faith/ ... -children/
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Are these people really qualified to lecture others on their supposed moral superiority?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... chool.html
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

https://twitter.com/AndrewDCasto1/statu ... 8991869952 (Video in Telugu)

Christian pastor in Telugu Christian Channel discussion . Paraphrasing " Can you guess what is the Christian % in AP ? There are 35% Christians in Andhra Pradesh. If Christians officially reveal themselves (in the census), the government will be trembled. But Christians in AP are worried that if they reveal themselves (in the census), they will lose ration cards, they will lose benefits. But the government gave them another option. It has given them reservation under Backward Castes- C category. So converted Christians can reveal themselves in the census. They wont lose any benefits. But after our real numbers come out, they (Hindus) will get afraid and worried".
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Rony wrote:https://twitter.com/AndrewDCasto1/statu ... 8991869952 (Video in Telugu)

Christian pastor in Telugu Christian Channel discussion . Paraphrasing " Can you guess what is the Christian % in AP ? There are 35% Christians in Andhra Pradesh. If Christians officially reveal themselves (in the census), the government will be trembled. But Christians in AP are worried that if they reveal themselves (in the census), they will lose ration cards, they will lose benefits. But the government gave them another option. It has given them reservation under Backward Castes- C category. So converted Christians can reveal themselves in the census. They wont lose any benefits. But after our real numbers come out, they (Hindus) will get afraid and worried".
Rony garu, yindus kanna pedda chekke gallu evaru undaru. Inspite of all this, still people there will be fighting reddy kamma kapu brahmin etc. We are god's lowest creation. Will be happy if it survives till turn of century.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Karthik garu, replied in Kerala/Tamilnadu/Andhra thread.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

I'm told that the entire Christian population in the country is just 3%.Talk of huge populations of Christians is just that, talk.Many Dalits "convert" allegedly for mercenary reasons. Pro-active US entities allegedly send funds to non- mainstream outfits. There's little difference between
political defections and religious ones!
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Philip wrote:I'm told that the entire Christian population in the country is just 3%.Talk of huge populations of Christians is just that, talk.Many Dalits "convert" allegedly for mercenary reasons. Pro-active US entities allegedly send funds to non- mainstream outfits. There's little difference between
political defections and religious ones!
Really got to admire your lot, as I said to another BRF member from your community, your clarity of thought and priorities are etched on stone, just need to scratch the surface, a thin surface at that too. Wish indics had similar clarity and priority.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

https://twitter.com/MOS_MEA/status/1183 ... 80/photo/2
Image if a BJP minister leads a delegation to meet Shankarachraya.
Secular press will have a field day!!
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Rsatchi wrote:https://twitter.com/MOS_MEA/status/1183 ... 80/photo/2
Image if a BJP minister leads a delegation to meet Shankarachraya.
Secular press will have a field day!!
these guys have been pressing the GoI for the longest time to accept an official visit by the pope. The stand of the GoI has been, sure, let him come whenever you want but he will not be received as a head of state nor as a state guest and therein lies the rub.

that's how the archbishop of canterbury also came after half hearted negotiations for a demanded official reception petered out. The UK's earlier treatment of Modi has not been forgotten. Thereafter the archbishop prostrated needlessly and slyly at jalianwalla bagh, made his off camera sales pitch and pep talk to remind his troops about achieving regional targets and departed without fanfare.

after brexit, the britshits will come once again and prostrate in dilli, this time before Modi.

the MOS_MEA will doubtless be wined and dined at the vatican as also intensely pressured diplomatically once again for the acceptance of the same official head of state visit.

also
Met His Holiness @Pontifex this morning. Presented ‘Bhagavad Gita According to Gandhi’ and ‘Caparisoned Elephant’ of Kerala temple festivals reflecting India’s age old traditions. Also met HE Paul R. Gallagher

Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

These days its all about the money. The two established Protestant outfits, CNI and CSI who hold vast land banks in the country are strife-ridden ,oozing with controversies and corruption allegations, priests sending goondas to beat up their rivals, cases after cases; the elections are no better than a political one, money changing hands for votes, caste divisions, etc. It's why the US promoted evangelical outfits many flush with cash are seen as alternatives to mainstream churches. One quiet entry into India now operating for over a decade run from the Phillippines, has been the Mormon " church" of " Latter- Day Saints" as they like to decribe themselves. Very wealthy. Worldwide branches.They are considered closer to a cult than a religious order and have their alternative view of Christianity centred in the US in Salt Lake City, Utah. They are organised on corporate lines with a " President" as head or " Prophet". Mitt Romney who ran for the US presidency is a v.powerful Mormon leader.. Mormons and orthodox or mainstream Christians do not mix in their places of worship.They used to practice polygamy some time ago too.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

This need to be spread far and wide all across twitter. Can you guys spread this far and wide to get the maximum coverage. Literally every account from Pseudo Liberals/Vatican to PM twitter account must have this video posted. Time to wake up the world to the reality.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Philip wrote:... has been the Mormon " church" of " Latter- Day Saints" as they like to decribe themselves...
Philip ji, you might have read the novel "A Study in Scarlet" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. This is his first book featuring his "Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson" duo. He takes down LDS and Brigham Young royally. It is unfortunate that Doyle's daughter gave an interview recently, relatively speaking, supporting this Xtian LDS cult.