Pakistan Armed Forces: News & Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: Pakistan Armed Forces: News & Discussion Thread

Post by Singha »

F-21 vs F-16 story :rotfl:
Rohit_K
BRFite

Post by Rohit_K »

JF-17 bandar being pushed by 15+ PAF personnel at the Paris Air Show :rotfl:

chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

Lol. Couldn't even afford a donkey to pull the thing.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

I see 15 mules in the pic. :mrgreen:
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

On a lighter note if T90 joins PA (if they sell half of pakistan ot russia, ) will IAF be keen to induct Arjun?
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

ArjunPandit wrote:will IAF be keen to induct Arjun?
I laughed at first. Then I remembered that there is as much a chance of the IAF inducting the Arjun in numbers as there is the IA doing it at this point. :((
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Karan M wrote:I see 15 mules in the pic. :mrgreen:
Where? I only see 15 pigs in the pic. I must go to the eye doc then.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Ahem!
Exactly what happened to the Thunder Bunder hain ji?
Beggars didn't have money to pay for a tractor to drag it around what?

I can see red air intake covers in place
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

nachiket wrote:
ArjunPandit wrote:will IAF be keen to induct Arjun?
I laughed at first. Then I remembered that there is as much a chance of the IAF inducting the Arjun in numbers as there is the IA doing it at this point. :((
same sir..after the typo..i let that be so that someone can catch and have the sadist pleasure...
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

Pakis getting new maritime patrol aircraft.

Paris Air Show 2019: Anti-submarine warfare mission system on the Pakistani Navy’s ATR-72.

Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

chola wrote:Lol. Couldn't even afford a donkey to pull the thing.
atommi taakat..onlee
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

no discussion on the pak military aircraft crash ??

any link giving the model/make etc ?
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Rahul, it was a King-Air
https://aviation-safety.net/database/re ... 20190730-0

and for pics

https://twitter.com/livefist/status/1156124926530740224

The Pakistan Army aircraft that crashed today into a residential area in Rawalpindi killing 17 was N81416, a Beechcraft King Air 350, an aircraft that was seen deployed extensively for intel/recon duties post the Balakot air strikes. Condolences to the families of those lost.

See for more pics:
https://twitter.com/sourav4699/status/1 ... 6552476673

The crashed aircraft was a King Air 350 turboprop of the Pakistan Army Aviation Corps and was inducted for surveillance around 2012.

A Pakistan Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) statement said the two pilots and three military personnel killed had embraced “Shahadat” or martyrdom. The statement also mentioned that two high-ranking officials in the Pakistani Army were among the dead.

It, however, drew flak for leaving out the names of the 12 civilian casualties and for using the term Shahadat. The term martyr or martyrdom is generally used when a person is killed because of his religious or political beliefs.
https://theprint.in/world/pakistani-mil ... es/270085/
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Thanks a lot Karan. if indeed this was ISR that a significant loss. I always thought TSPA's fixed wing a/c were for transporting the jarnails.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

In this case there reports of LOC ceasefire violations by Pakis and then caliber escalation. So this might have been a last sortie to evacuate a senior general. It would also explain this plane coming in for emergency landing at 2:40 AM
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

I wonder how the sources provide the exact regt. # of the a/c. local source ? ISPR release didn't even mention the model.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Rahul M wrote:Thanks a lot Karan. if indeed this was ISR that a significant loss. I always thought TSPA's fixed wing a/c were for transporting the jarnails.
Definitely ISR judging by the pics, it has a belly SAR/radar pod.

Also, some conspiracy theories were floating around twitter linking this to Osama's son being on board etc and bringing in the US and Afghan intel as the perpetrator.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Rahul M wrote:I wonder how the sources provide the exact regt. # of the a/c. local source ? ISPR release didn't even mention the model.
Old fashioned snooping at pics i guess. Look at the below thread, you have a section with the specific number. Took some digging, but I guess this is from where all the certainty emerged.

In short, flight radar24 provided make and model. Confirmed by pics. Further pics provided the serial #.

http://www.historyofpia.com/forums/view ... =1&t=27972
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Neat bit of OSINT work then !
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

This is what happens when you lie to your people. If push comes to shove, I would love to see how the PAF is going to spin it!

This tweet below is in response to the second tweet. I strongly encourage the PAF to release the radar images of a PAF F-16 shooting down an IAF Su-30MKI :lol:

https://twitter.com/landstrategic1/stat ... 0543550465 ---> Time to teach Russia a lesson. Release the radar images which captured the shooting down of a Russian made Su-30MKI. Let their markets crash, why should we give a crap!

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/stat ... 3860111360 ---> BREAKING: Russia says India's changes on Kashmir status are within the framework of the country's constitution.
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 638615.cms

Pakistan deploying fighter jets to Skardu near Ladakh, India watching closely

extracted from the above
"Three C-130 transport aircraft of the Pakistan Air Force were used on Saturday to ferry equipment to their Skardu air base opposite the Union
Territory of Ladakh. The Indian agencies concerned are keeping a close eye on the movement of Pakistanis along the border areas," government
sources told ANI. Sources said the equipment moved to the forward operating base could be support equipment for fighter aircraft operations.
The Indian intelligence agencies along with the Air Force and Army are keeping a close watch on the movement of the Pakistani Air Force.
ashthor
BRFite

Post by ashthor »

With Saudi investing in RIL refinery, they have lost one juicy target.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Well like 27 Feb 19 I this will be a ruse, the JF-17 on 27 Feb neither launched A to G or A to A ordinance, it was done by the F-16's and the Mirage 5's.

But as expected Pakistan will try something which I hope fails spectacularly.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

Skardu would be a logical place to place assets in order to guard against an a aerial attack on the Karakoram highway by India. There is little offensive advantage here unless they want to bomb Siachen glacier.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Unless Pakistan is trying some adventure in Kargil- Battalik Sector. however, given our changes since 99 this is unlikely.

They most likely try something with Terrorists, I am still thinking about Pulwama and its explosives, dont think RDX could have been smuggled on foot across the border, it was most probably brought in trucks as part of Cross LOC trade and used at the right moment just before elections.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

this could well be a defensive move by PAF in response to IAF moving something into Leh !!
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

They are not going to attack India directly, that would be suicidal for them not just militarily but more importantly politically/diplomatically. Though I wish that they did.

What they are probably doing is planning to push in a massive number of jihadis after the FATF meet is over, and this build up is basically to counter an Indian military response that they expect + some kind of trap that they think they can set for India in case it their planned jihadi provocation succeeds.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

^^^
they did so on 27th Feb, it wasn't suicidal for them... that's the lesson paki establishment would have imbibed from that skirmish.
I reiterate, expect a military misadventure from the pakis.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

TO add Rahul M point, I feel with Cross LOC trade etc and Hurriyat communication equipment seized, while they can smuggle fidayeen's, they may not be able to bring in the explosives. So they will try something more direct.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

explosives are bought from bdesh,nepal ..even thru IB ( not LOC anymore) !! . where do u think all the AK47/ammo comes??
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Ak47/Ammo is brought in through Nepal/ BD along with miltants crossing LOC, but something like the huge quantity of RDX for Pulwama type car bomb attack probably used the LCO trade route.
chola
BRF Oldie

Post by chola »

Interview with Paki JF-17 pilot on Hushkit. Probably a lot of bullsh!t because the Paki needs to talk up a plane they "make" but still interesting and I'm posting it here for the record.

https://hushkit.net/2019/07/19/flying-f ... ter-pilot/

What is the best and worst thing about the JF-17?
“Best thing: Continuous upgrades of indigenous and Chinese weapons/electronic counter-measures suites, standoff capabilities of exceptional range i.e REK/IREK,CM-400,C-802AK etc. Worst : limited BVR load-out.” Euphemism for no BVR yet

What has been your most memorable mission & why was that?
“One mission took place in the days following the Indian Air Force’s attempted strikes in Pakistan border region- at five in the night I took off in rain and low cloud with TS in the vicinity. Clouds were from 4,000 till 33,000 feet. Got out of clouds and controller reported two Su-30s ‘across the fence’. I targeted them at ranges beyond 50-60 NM but didn’t get authorisation to engage from controller, continued to grind above 32,000 flowing hot and cold 20-30NM from fence targeting the Su-30s. The IAF scrambled a total of six more Su-30s and finally I had eight Su-30s in front. Would turn hot and target each one in sequence from north to south (just spike them seeing whether they get lured in or not). After hitting texaco (air refuelling) returned to based amid rain and wet runway.. the first thing ground crew did was count the missiles.. gave a disappointed look once all were intact. the same profile continued for a couple of month but that first mission was an unbelievable experience.”Nothing to shoot with at range?

Which threat aircraft is most challenging and why? How confident do you against the M2000 and MiG-29?
“Definitely the Su-30 is the most difficult aircraft in terms of current Indian Air Force inventory but we regularly fly against the F-16 and more importantly AMRAAM, so Adder and Alamo seem less worrisome (smily face). Mirage with MICA is definitely a real threat.” Scared of MKI and M2K

In a WVR fight would you rather be in an F-16 or JF-17?
“F-16 .. for the initial 180deg turn, then Thunder all the way. JF-17 with PL-10 mod (currently in pipeline) will trump F-16 with AIM-9M any day of the week, but currently on brute performance F-16 has the edge.” Then why are you begging for 2nd hand F-Solahs?

How good is the engine?
“With the current config engine produces sufficient power – but who doesn’t like a bit of extra thrust? How is the smoke on the RD-33?

Which weapons are currently in frontline service on JF-17?
“Currently we have PL-5(IR missile) SD-10(BVR). C-802 anti ship standoff , REK/IREK air-surface standoff with multiple warhead/seekers/roles and then all the GP Bombs, CM-400 and host of other A/G weapons for precision strikes. All that with the integrated ASEL Pod for targeting.” All those Chinese weapons integrated on your TURKISH pod?

How would you rate the Thunder’s sensors?
“They are mission/role compatible with continuous upgrades being done on a regular basis. We’ve tested them in a high intensity stand off and everything worked liked a charm which goes to show the resilience of avionics in an intense environment.” But so far nothing to actually fire from standoff.

“This is just a fun photo, done with a Thunder-shaped keychain while holding in the pattern”

How comfortable and ergonomic is the cockpit?
“It is one of the most digitised cockpit I’ve flown till date. Even the F-16’s cockpit fades in comparison to the Thunder’s cockpit layout.” The mostly F-16A/B you Pakis fly is four decades old.

Kartik
BRF Oldie

Post by Kartik »

they're doing their best to promote that jet. If it sells, it brings in money to fund future upgrades and the program in general. As for the BS he spouts "like F-16 has brute power but JF-17 is better after the initial 180 deg turn on merge", well, he has to make the JF-17 look good doesn't he? the JF-17 may not be a slouch but the F-16 is one of the best 9G rated fighters out there against a 8G rated fighter with a lot less thrust and fuel for afterburner use. Any F-16 block will definitely out-turn and out-climb the JF-17 throughout the envelope.

That ASELPOD was just integrated last year with the JF-17. It doesn't however need to be integrated with each weapon- it provides the target tracking and data to the mission computer which it can then feed to the weapons.

Basically its a propaganda piece to make a mediocre jet with a cheap price tag and a decent safety record, look good.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

What is the deal with hushkit and Pakis? They seem to be extremely biased towards being pro-Paki.
shaun
BRFite

Post by shaun »

Aselsan Signs a New Export Contract for AselPOD
Through its statement sent to the Public Disclosure Platform (PDP) on June 29, 2018, Aselsan announced the award of a contract worth US$30 million with a foreign customer for the integration of the AselPOD Electro - Optical [EO/IR] Targeting System to the air platforms. This has been the third export order of AselPOD received by Aselsan.

Aselsan initially signed an AselPOD export contract worth approximately US$25 million with Pakistan on June 10, 2016 for the delivery of 16 pods [this figure is stated as 8 according to Pakistani sources]. The AselPODs procured within the scope of the contract were started to be delivered in early 2017 and were integrated to the JF-17 aircrafts at the inventory of Pakistani Air Forces (PAF), in Pakistan. To this end, in addition to the integration activities, the production of the pylon (the external load station under the body) to which the pod is mounted was also accomplished by Pakistan. As part of the integration activities (power, communication and image transfer as well as interoperability of the navigation systems at the pod and the aircraft), the interface related with the aircraft provided by the Pakistani Air Forces was prepared and delivered by Aselsan for the AselPOD. Certain required software based updates were also accomplished with the support of Aselsan. The integration activities were launched as of June 15, 2016 and an empty AselPOD was sent to Pakistan to this end.

In the international tender launched, Aselsan competed with the Lockheed Martin’s (LM) SNIPER XR and Thales Group’s DAMOCLES Targeting Pods and the Pakistani Air Forces selected AselPOD as it was pleased with the performance of the AselPOD and appreciated its features.

In May 2017, Aselsan signed a second AselPOD export contract worth US$24.9 million with Pakistan, containing 16 more pods. In the meantime the firing tests executed in Pakistan with the AselPOD EO/IR Targeting System integrated to the JF-17 aircrafts were successfully completed in June 2017.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Looks like Bajwa gets a 3 year extension- what about promotions down the line?
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

Aditya_V wrote:Looks like Bajwa gets a 3 year extension- what about promotions down the line?
More corner plots in Orangi town, Bahria, DHA phase, and a new playboy mansion in Clifton. Better than any promotion no?
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Yes but why is Bajwa getting a 3 year extension- It must be to do something with Kashmir, if things go wrong for the Pakistani Army. Bajwa will do something similair as Zia did to Bhutto on Im the dim
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Maybe no other jarnail is willing to take over from Bajwa, at this juncture at least.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

Aditya_V wrote:Yes but why is Bajwa getting a 3 year extension- It must be to do something with Kashmir, if things go wrong for the Pakistani Army. Bajwa will do something similair as Zia did to Bhutto on Im the dim
The Saudis no longer want him to replace Raheel Sharif.