J&K News and Discussion - 2016

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Re: J&K News and Discussion - 2016

Post by Mollick.R »

Puuch to forum gurus on view of nullification of Art 370 what will be status of IWT
1. Any scope of interpreting and maneuver IWT freshly ???
2. Forgetting point no1. & Assuming IWT is a seperate nation to nation agreement, still i assume Physical construction of dams, land acquisition etc will be more smooth under Lt. Gov rule. Isn't it ???
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

J&K state earlier also was not seriously involved.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

tandav
BRFite

Post by tandav »

There may be many in Kashmir who cannot stand to be associated with India. They or their forefathers were probably at the forefront of the Ralive, Tsaliv ya Galive deal that was offered to the Pandits. These worthies must be given a similar chance to move out of Kashmir to a state of their choice by selling all their ancestral property to Indians at appropriate prices as were offered to their Pandit brethren and shifting to their choice of paradise say USA/UK, Bangladesh, Pakistan after paying appropriate stamp duty, property and income taxes and paying for permanent residency in those countries (if applicable) such as using EB1 visa in USA/UK if the property sale values are high.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

pankajs wrote:
pankajs wrote:As expected, Modi has fingered Bakis such that they are in agony ...
https://twitter.com/ZaidZamanHamid/stat ... 2308845568

All swagger and puff at having prodded Trump to insert himself into Kashmir seems to have vanished! One prick is all it took to show them their real "aukat". Chaddi pulled down publicly and the non-existent clown jewels on display. H&D badly hurt.

I wonder when will they start bad mouthing Dimran and Trump/JooYes as having let Kashmir/Bakistan down? I am still waiting for that part of my case to fulfilled.

#ModiHaiToMumkinHai
Read the rest of the comments ...
Engr. Manzoor Alvi @ManzoorAlvi786

This is the do and die situation .
Once Donald duck announces to help kashmir crises Endians started there genocide.
I dont what connection but it is understood that india is not alone in this.
I expect he will pretty soon ask Donald Duck to start quacking
Moez Abdullah Khan (PMIK) @ImKhannnn

We've To Enter Kashmir Now! We've To!!!
This guy want's to invade Kashmir to save H&D
Mohammad Yasir Khan Swati @djswati

Thats an alreafy scheduled meeting the only way to save some respect for Pakistan is send troops in Kashmir to stand tall and emerge a genuine power in the region otherwise we has lost the cause. DIPLOMACY CONDEMNATIONS ARE BULLSHIT NEVER WILL WORK LIKE ALWAYS.
Reality sinking in. H&D in tatters. Some have started missing THE Kammandu.
irfan maan @Maan10893169
Gov't should declare jahaad now world will see Kashmir will become Indian military's graveyard
We/India/Modi haven't started but bakistanis are already accepting that we have CRUSHED their H&D.

#ModiHaiToMumkinHai
Pleej phorgive the nasamajh..... But can guru log explain...

Why so much khujli is happening to Bakistan? Whateej going of their phather?

Afterall, this is J&K not POK. None of their bloody business. Can't believe their nerve.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Lagta hai Modi Shah's zulm has caused Tharoor maama to lose his hair. :(( :((

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Sonugn wrote:Via twitter
All J&K Bills passed by two thirds majority inside the Indian parliament.
They have constitutional majority in both LS & RS, that is the key :D

Dal lake-viewing 2000 Sq ft houses with loaded gun chests are on sale. Any interest in pooling? :lol:
Arun.prabhu
BRFite

Post by Arun.prabhu »

I understand what war means. It’s not glory. It’s horror, bloodshed and destruction. But against a nation that does not defend its own doesn’t really deserve to be a nation. We have lost tens of thousands from Pakistani aggression in Kashmir. We have for our neighbor a nation that bears endless enmity towards ours and you want us to pursue peace. Did Danegeld work for the danes? No? And if I’m conscripted into such a war or if my children are, I’d be honoured to serve or have my children serve my country.
manjgu wrote:
Arun.prabhu wrote:Do both arguments have equal merit? I wonder.

Soldiers have laid down their lives as part of their solemn duty they swore to India. But what about the civilian dead to date? Fighting for the honor of our nation and the dead who have sacrificed or been sacrificed for it is worthwhile. Denying their due vengeance and justice is spitting on their souls. I'm okay with getting what was ours back and then talking peace. But, de facto status quo is India have lost territory, Indians have shed blood and any political party that sits down to negotiate a treaty that denies our dead justice and vengeance, and permanently loses us our lost soil... I'd spit on them in a heartbeat. I'm no Mahatma to forgive rape and murder of my country and my countrymen.
take some time to ask families whose sons, husbands, brothers are in thick of action ( what they think). its easy to type from the comfort of a room far away. as someone said ' we all want our neighbours son to be bhagat singh' .
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

wig wrote:i hope that Art 370 and Art 35 A is repealed today itself. they are evil, gender discrimatory, and contribute to the rise of islamic fascism.
All those things are secondary. This is a national defense move. A "castling" move in chess if you will.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Arun.prabhu wrote:Wouldn't that spit on all of our soldiers and civilians who have died because of Pakistan's obsession with Kashmir and India? J&K is part of India. Not Pakistan. Not China. To the last square inch.. Even if it takes a million years.
menon s wrote:Don't you feel the relief on both sides. Next move Pakistan declares GB as province. India makes lukewarm protest. Declares LOC as permanent border. Decades old Kashmir issue resolved. Modi, Imran and Trump jointly win Nobel peace prize.
Coupta's analysis makes most sense. This is purely a national defense move, out of sheer compulsion because Trump plumped for TSP.

The administrative changes remove unnecessary Pro-paki obstacles in managing the coming war in J&K and elsewhere in India. The political stuff is a side-effect.
dsreedhar
BRFite

Post by dsreedhar »

Congratulations to Modi govt for this historic move.
Now need is to contain the situation, be firm n hold ground with security forces until winter sets in and this phase passes.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Gupta is overanalyzing. Removal of article 370 was demand of BJP since their foundation days. They were just waiting for the right opportunity which coincidently fall at the same time America leaving Af. So in one stone Modi has killed two birds. Had Vajpayee got the majority he would have abolished it in 2000 itself.

Gupta is trying to weave a different story to deny Modi where the credit is due. The most important reason for abolishing 370 is to reverse the injustice congress has done to all indians (J&K people included) for seven decades. Rest all other benefits are bonus.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

abhijitm wrote:Gupta is overanalyzing. Removal of article 370 was demand of BJP since their foundation days. They were just waiting for the right opportunity which coincidently fall at the same time America leaving Af. So in one stone Modi has killed two birds. Had Vajpayee got the majority he would have abolished it in 2000 itself.

Gupta is trying to weave a different story to deny Modi where the credit is due. The most important reason for abolishing 370 is to reverse the injustice congress has done to all indians (J&K people included) for seven decades. Rest all other benefits are bonus.
Which is the other bird?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Vikas wrote:Putting my political pandit hat on:
With elections around the corner, just abrogating 370/35A would hand over a massive issue to Kashmir based politicians
Neatly deflected by taking away statehood. Elections are not around the corner any more, they are on distant horizon and conditional on biss and normalcy prevailing.
Kicking the political leadership out of their power was essential.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

any suggestions for gov for J&K, syed ata hussain or GD Bakshi ji?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ramana wrote:You folks are all software gurus.
As a hobby should learn to apply complex systems theory to Kashmir networks .
See the nodes and how they interact.
instead we get all hot and post what abouts!

I will give you some thing to start with.
Systems are linear or complex.
Systems are loosely coupled or tightly coupled.
What does this mean?
loosely coupled means changes in one area don't effect other areas. There are buffers to absorb shock.
tightly coupled means changes in one area will impact other areas significantly. No buffers to absorb shocks.
analysis:

J&K under NC (state)-INC (center) partnership was a linear loosely coupled system. Doing something didn't effect anybody. So Sheikh got a lot of things in his favor passed by dotard Nehru without Lok Sabha assent. However Sheikh got greedy and started seeing Swiss status for his own fiefdom with US help. Now complexity enters. But still loosely coupled. Sheik gets kicked out and imprisoned. Now US decides to play Pak card after China attack in 1962. Now Kashmir becomes complex and closely coupled.

1965 War reduces complexity with defeat of Ayub's plans. No change to complex coupling.
1971 War reduces a lot of complexity and slightly loosens the coupling. This gives peace for ~20 years.
In the meantime Bindranwala, IPKF, and sudden collapse of FSU all make it closely coupled. Rise of PDP. Kashmiri terrorism. Hurrirats.
Then comes the Kashmir jihad during the 1990s to 2004.
System becomes complex and closely coupled.
PVNR economic reforms and defeat of the first phase of Kashmir jihad makes it linear and loosely coupled.
The coming of UPA decade makes it complex again and closely coupled.

What 2014 elections did was reduce complexity by marginalizing NC and INC in Kashmir.
It still closely coupled.
2019 elections further reduced the complexity with defeat of PDP.

Now draw this and bring back.

Done.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Karthik S wrote:
abhijitm wrote:Gupta is overanalyzing. Removal of article 370 was demand of BJP since their foundation days. They were just waiting for the right opportunity which coincidently fall at the same time America leaving Af. So in one stone Modi has killed two birds. Had Vajpayee got the majority he would have abolished it in 2000 itself.

Which is the other bird?
The reason Gupta is speaking of, i.e. safeguard against terrorist onslaught post US departure from Afghanistan. Which is valid, but not THE reason what Gupta was trying to spin.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

We will soon walk inside PoK and COK.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

SaiK wrote:We will soon walk inside PoK and COK.
insha mahadev...
Sonugn
BRFite

Post by Sonugn »

https://theprint.in/diplomacy/modi-govt ... ry/272652/

"Modi govt had told US about plans to scrap Article 370 twice — last week and in February."
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar had briefed his American counterpart, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, about the Modi government’s intentions to abrogate Article 370 and Article 35A for Jammu and Kashmir, multiple sources have told ThePrint.

This, however, was not the first time that the US was briefed on this issue. In February, two days after the Pulwama attack, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval had phoned his American counterpart John Bolton and told him about the Modi government’s plans to do away with the ‘special status’ for Jammu and Kashmir, sources told ThePrint.

The sources, however, said the decision to bifurcate the state came much later.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

^^why do they come only after it has happened...
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

ABV made a most important point in the early 2000s when he instructed his staff to make sure KM got something out of negotiations. I believe better governance, economic development and social justice may fructify but that is in the future.

What is the game plan- that Indians have lived with KM anger for three decades, now it is time for the obverse?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

UN chief urges "restraint".
(Jerusalem Post)
United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres urged India and Pakistan to exercise restraint, his spokesman said on Monday, after India revoked the special status of Kashmir, the Himalayan region that has long been a flashpoint in ties with neighboring Pakistan.
"We urge all parties to exercise restraint," U.N. spokesman Stephane Dujarric told reporters, adding that U.N. peacekeepers observing a ceasefire between India and Pakistan in the state of Jammu and Kashmir "has observed and reported an increase in military activity along the line of control."
Which is why the terrorist leaders have been "restrained", duh!
EswarPrakash
BRFite

Post by EswarPrakash »

ArjunPandit wrote:^^why do they come only after it has happened...
More like "how do we rub the American and Pakistani faces in it?"

"I had told your friend about it before, didn't they tell you?"
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

sanjaykumar wrote:ABV made a most important point in the early 2000s when he instructed his staff to make sure KM got something out of negotiations. I believe better governance, economic development and social justice may fructify but that is in the future.
What is the game plan- that Indians have lived with KM anger for three decades, now it is time for the obverse?
ABV did a lot of "insaniyat not Insanity" etc and got what? No one has got anything out of trying to appease KMs - not in 30 decades, forget 3 decades. (Read the Papa Sheik Abdullah's book "Flames of the Chinar".)
KMs have played their Anger game far too much. Time for patience is long over.
Time to put the KMs where they belong: in total irrelevance.
Now KM bijnej ppl have to face reality: staying relevant means using their power to ensure peace.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

so Modi asked Trump for mediation on POK !! :lol:
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Well one way is to obtain the northern territories and compensate the valley. Will India take Pakistani umbrage as a good enough reason to launch such an action? I don’t think Pakistanis want to sacrifice themselves to gamma radiation for the sake of a few mountains.
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

This is excellent move. Modi and Co have freed us from chains with which had shackled ourselves with for decades. This is the most game changer govt because he has changed the mindset of Indians. Imagine all youths watching this and learning what is the right thing to do and passing the same knowledge to future generation of India.

At least now we know who are confirmed traitors (I mean political parties).I am also glad Congress dug itself further into deep hole of obsolescence and nullified its chance of resurgence. That is icing on cake.
Last edited by Sumeet on 06 Aug 2019 00:50, edited 1 time in total.
TandavBrahmand
BRFite -Trainee

Post by TandavBrahmand »

^^^^ AS did his job today. Now it is over to RS for the next step.
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

This is why 303 matters. :twisted:
Today sardar vallabhbhai Patel smiling from heaven.
Aage aage dekhiye hota hai kya.
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

Call for action:
Please make it a point to voice the pro-opinion in NYT, WaPo, BBC for what it is worth etc etc.
GoI did its part now let us do ours. Thanks.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

ArjunPandit wrote:any suggestions for gov for J&K, syed ata hussain or GD Bakshi ji?

VK Singh Sir
Or Rawat Sir as he too will be retiring in December 2019
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

Mollick.R wrote:
ArjunPandit wrote:any suggestions for gov for J&K, syed ata hussain or GD Bakshi ji?

VK Singh Sir
Or Rawat Sir as he too will be retiring in December 2019
Why Satya Pal Ji is doing a good job and kind of puts a political face to it instead of the technocrat figure.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

No one commenting on the terrorist reaction, except some dire questions about what happens when Section 144 is lifted etc. Putting Kashmiri netas in the glamour of House Arrest while leaving a crooked traitorous jackass like M.K. Stalin free to bray, raises questions. Amazing that Kejriwal came out in support!
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Some comic relief :rotfl:

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Bilawal braying.

Condom in strongest paassible terms. Bugger doesn't know Urdu or English and talks like a wimmens.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

UlanBatori wrote:No one commenting on the terrorist reaction, except some dire questions about what happens when Section 144 is lifted etc. Putting Kashmiri netas in the glamour of House Arrest while leaving a crooked traitorous jackass like M.K. Stalin free to bray, raises questions. Amazing that Kejriwal came out in support!
Wasn't there a small fort* near some 100 kms from their capital blew up 6 months ago and they are still busy rebuilding it and ordering Novafoam mattresses to get back better sleep. *Bala-Kota

House arrests can give time and opportunity for them to put 360o view house photos in Zillow.

Kejriwal is by now well experienced to run newly minted UTs.

:rotfl:
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

^^does it travel faster than camel in desert?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Could someone pls go to Phoren Polijy and post this under the Michael Terrorist Kugelmann article?
Kugelmann's vast expertise is no doubt in advising the US Government on foreign policy? As in ... Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Syria, Libya? What the Indian govenment has done, is to end 70 years of coddling terrorists and malcontents, and bring them to the strange ideas of Equal Opportunity, Democracy and Equality Before The Law. Note that under the uniform Indian law now applied to Jammu-Kashmir, Kashmiri Muslims will enjoy a 50% reservation in government jobs, being Minorities, though in the Kashmir Valley they committed genocide and drove out all non-Muslims at gunpoint or worse.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

UlanBatori wrote:Bilawal braying.

Condom in strongest paassible terms. Bugger doesn't know Urdu or English and talks like a wimmens.
Long lost cousin of Pappu this chap.... Absolutely cringeworthy. Needs to go home, play video games and suck on a lollipop.