J&K News and Discussion - 2016

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Re: J&K News and Discussion - 2016

Post by Manish_P »

pankajs wrote:
Now her day based color choice makes sense :wink:

That reminds me of the time when she was heavily criticized, at least on SM, for her choice of green Saree when visiting Bakistan for some conference. Would be interesting to find out if that visit/photo was taken on a Wednesday.

She had clarified on the (non)issue at the time saying exactly the same thing (as per day) mentioned in the post

People noticed her in green (as if the color belongs to terroristan), but failed to notice her in red

08th December, tuesday - red

09th December, wednesday - green

As part of her final journey the tricolor was accorded to her.. a honor usually reserved for only the finest son's and daughters of the motherland.
Ashokk
BRFite

Post by Ashokk »

NSA Doval interacts with Kashmiris over lunch, takes stock of situation
SHOPIAN: Amid heightened security in the Kashmir valley, National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit Doval on Wednesday visited Shopian and met with some local people as part of his visit for an assessment on the situation in Jammu and Kashmir in the wake of stripping the state of its special status and downgrading it to a Union territory.
Doval was seen interacting with a few people in a shut-down market over food and inquired about their well being. He also explained to them the Centre's decisions. :eek:
He also assured them that their welfare was the government's prime concern.

"How is everything? What do you people think?" he asks the group to which one of them replied, "Everything is good".
"Yes, everything will be fine. Everyone should live peacefully. Whatever the almighty does is good. Your security and well being is our only concern. We are thinking about the growth and welfare of your generations," the NSA said.
Later he also met with security personnel in Shopian in the presence of DGP Dilbag Singh.
"The whole country is proud of CRPF. Wherever there is a need, the personnel are deployed and they have always managed the situation well. In Kashmir also we are very proud of your discipline, morale and work ethics", he told the security personnel.
Doval also met with the personnel of Jammu and Kashmir police.
Meanwhile, Reasi District Collector Indu Kanwal Chib has announced that all schools and colleges will remain closed on Thursday whereas the government offices and banks will resume services from Thursday.

Doval reached the state a day after home minister Amit Shah announced abrogation of Article 35A and dilution of Article 370, provisions that gave the special right to subjects of the state over several matters including land, government jobs, and scholarships.
The government has also bifurcated the state and carved out Union territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh.
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

So the Pakis have retaliated.. Quake in your dhotis and weep ye yindoos..

1. Downgrade of Diplomatic relations
2. Stopping bilateral trade..
3. Bilateral traties to be reconsidered

Oh noes.. what will we do??

For starters.. ROFL :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

sudhan wrote:1. Downgrade of Diplomatic relations

Celebrate???
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

UlanBatori wrote:
mmasand wrote: I'm skeptical of any social engineering to change the demographic in the state, do you realise what havoc this will cause not just in the valley but in t
Right now IMO the danger is that Bollywood types will go in and turn the Kashmiris completely against India again with their "tourist" abuses. They see Kashmir mainly as a nice Bollywood set with plenty of booze, drugs and cheap sex for the asking. I cringe even today when I see Dev Anand and Co. prancing around Kashmir in their fauz-Oiropean couture looking tres' sophisticated next to the poor and pliant Kashmiri villagers.

. well i dont know what u wanna convey but in the 60's 70s whole of bollywood was in Kashmir... trust me, nobody minds bollywood in the midst. ask the houseboat owners on dal lake...they wistfully remember the good old days when stars used to come..houseboats were full due to bollywood.
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

sudhan wrote:So the Pakis have retaliated.. Quake in your dhotis and weep ye yindoos..

Yes ! Start with IWT :mrgreen:
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Comprehensive analysis from Ashok Malik in ORF:

Jammu-Kashmir and Ladakh: Exploring a new paradigm
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Non linear response is needed.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

srin wrote:
sudhan wrote:So the Pakis have retaliated.. Quake in your dhotis and weep ye yindoos..

Yes ! Start with IWT :mrgreen:
Though Pak has set the bar high when it comes to self goals, this one is spectacular.
Cross border trade in Kashmir stops - Militant financing gets screwed.
Inflation in Pak increases (from an already high level).
Drug smuggling into India stops (mostly hidden in import consignments).
Last edited by Deans on 07 Aug 2019 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
vasu raya
BRFite

Post by vasu raya »

For people who are far along the AI curve, create browser addons, even for twitter, whats app, disqus and other SM platforms where in pictures shown on social media are annotated on the fly, to check their veracity, like language translation is done. That deflates false propaganda quite a bit instead of noisy SM wars, helps in keeping the Ummah BP down

I believe GOI has the heft to deal with these SM platforms to incorporate these features if they want to operate in India. The curated media database used for referencing the pictures can be maintained in the country as well.

Pak left red-faced at UN as envoy goofs up on picture
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

manjgu wrote: . well i dont know what u wanna convey but in the 60's 70s whole of bollywood was in Kashmir... trust me, nobody minds bollywood in the midst. ask the houseboat owners on dal lake...they wistfully remember the good old days when stars used to come..houseboats were full due to bollywood.
Precisely. They turned Kashmir into a Thailand with Bollywood jerks running around like James Bond. Helped create the ideal conditions for fundamentalist radicalization. Tourism is not necessarily a good thing, unless the local standard of living is far up.

Pls think about this statement from the pov of a Kashmiri who loves Kashmir.
trust me, nobody minds bollywood in the midst. ask the houseboat owners on dal lake...they wistfully remember
BTW, Dal Lake has been turned into a cesspool. Probably so have the slopes at Gulmarg, and all the other Famous Resort Areas. It is what was done to Hawaii, and the Carribbean islands. And most spectacularly, Thailand.

Speaking of Bollywood and 1970s, pls watch "Roti Kapda Aur Makan" to get a different perspective. The start of radicalization becomes clear there. If nothing else, can't hurt to watch Mumtazji at her best. 8)
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

UlanBatori wrote: Right now IMO the danger is that Bollywood types will go in and turn the Kashmiris completely against India again with their "tourist" abuses. They see Kashmir mainly as a nice Bollywood set with plenty of booze, drugs and cheap sex for the asking. I cringe even today when I see Dev Anand and Co. prancing around Kashmir in their fauz-Oiropean couture looking tres' sophisticated next to the poor and pliant Kashmiri villagers. Makes you almost admire the Taliban. The rush by the Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation, conveys EXACTLY the wrong message.
Unfortunately, we are exposed to a mix of Kashmiris and the Lashkars/Kabaliyas/tribals that invaded in '48. Most of South Kashmir and Mirpur etc are heavily dominated by pakjabi tribals. As much as I despise the NCP/pawar saheb, Supriya Sule raised a valid concern I couldn't help thinking about - sustainable tourism and settlement in the valley. The last thing we need is it to be turned into trash, also flooding it with non-natives overnight will strain the handouts of the govt. Could consider resettlement of West Pak refugees, Gujjars in North Kashmir followed by KP's living in squalid conditions in tents in Jammu.

Edit: The govt is working out a 'domicile' category to stop the unhindered influx of non-natives. I hope I can get a cab through an app this time around without having to haggle with private drivers outside the airport now. :D
Last edited by mmasand on 07 Aug 2019 20:20, edited 1 time in total.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

manjgu wrote:
UlanBatori wrote:

. well i dont know what u wanna convey but in the 60's 70s whole of bollywood was in Kashmir... trust me, nobody minds bollywood in the midst. ask the houseboat owners on dal lake...they wistfully remember the good old days when stars used to come..houseboats were full due to bollywood.
You might want to revisit Dal lake today and ask them what they make of domestic tourists. Even the Indonesians that visit Gulmarg are careful not to leave their trash behind.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Kashi wrote:
sudhan wrote:1. Downgrade of Diplomatic relations

Celebrate???
Of course, it is what any Indian nationalist (or sane person who doesn't label him/herself as one) has been praying for since a long time :rotfl:
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

mmasand wrote:
manjgu wrote: .

You might want to revisit Dal lake today and ask them what they make of domestic tourists. Even the Indonesians that visit Gulmarg are careful not to leave their trash behind.
^ the goans had (and the older generation still has) the same attitude. Did Goa also become a hotbed of terror?
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

mmasand wrote:
UlanBatori wrote: Right now IMO the danger is that Bollywood types will go in and turn the Kashmiris completely against India again with their "tourist" abuses. They see Kashmir mainly as a nice Bollywood set with plenty of booze, drugs and cheap sex for the asking. I cringe even today when I see Dev Anand and Co. prancing around Kashmir in their fauz-Oiropean couture looking tres' sophisticated next to the poor and pliant Kashmiri villagers. Makes you almost admire the Taliban. The rush by the Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation, conveys EXACTLY the wrong message.
Unfortunately, we are exposed to a mix of Kashmiris and the Lashkars/Kabaliyas/tribals that invaded in '48. Most of South Kashmir and Mirpur etc are heavily dominated by pakjabi tribals. As much as I despise the NCP/pawar saheb, Supriya Sule raised a valid concern I couldn't help thinking about - sustainable tourism and settlement in the valley. The last thing we need is it to be turned into trash, also flooding it with non-natives overnight will strain the handouts of the govt. Could consider resettlement of West Pak refugees, Gujjars in North Kashmir followed by KP's living in squalid conditions in tents in Jammu.

I think that is a fair point. GOI needs to put in strict controls to avoid low-class yahoos messing things up. Maintain strict ecological standards (especially in Ladakh) and maintain a certain standard so that locals are well paid as well.

There has been a defunct LTA tax exemption that was never properly leveraged for domestic tourism by the govt. Re-activate that, increase the limit and make sure that it applies only to 3 star and higher travel packages so that the crowd that currently goes to Maldives or Bali are incentivized to go there.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Horrror of horrors, NO MORE India-Pak cricket!!!! :(( :((
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

UlanBatori wrote:Right now IMO the danger is that Bollywood types will go in and turn the Kashmiris completely against India again with their "tourist" abuses.
Considering the kind of crap movies the Bollywood makes and some of their very "secular" (read pro-Islamic terror) attitude, allowing these nautanki-wallahs to run around Kashmir would be a mistake. They may encourage more people to take up arms.
manjgu wrote:ask the houseboat owners on dal lake...they wistfully remember the good old days when stars used to come..houseboats were full due to bollywood.
In 2006, I had my birthday celebration in a house boat in Dal Lake (was on a fantastic road trip). We got the entire house boat for a very cheap price. That was because there were not many tourists. The owner (actually his grand father built these boats) was cribbing that they cannot even maintain the boats well, and was dreaming about the glorious 1970s when they had around three such boats. One of the staff who helped us, was even open to us when he admitted that he had tried his luck in a bit of terrorism as well.
Bart S wrote:I think that is a fair point. GOI needs to put in strict controls to avoid low-class yahoos messing things up. Maintain strict ecological standards (especially in Ladakh) and maintain a certain standard so that locals are well paid as well.
+1. More than Kashmir, I am a bit more worried on Ladakh. Two years back there were a series of fights during the peak tourist season. The reason; yahoos from a couple of notorious states came up in their rented SUVs. One thing their driving standards were poor, especially considering the driving etiquettes on the mountain roads in India. Secondly was their crass attitude, mainly due to money power. And last and most important; the local youth for whom driving around the tourists was a major source of revenue found that the "rent-a-car" system destroyed it.

With very limited job opportunities these folks operate in a very cooperative way. For example; Taxis coming from Sri Nagar side generally drop passengers at Leh, and do not take up local sight seeing trip. Same goes for taxis coming from Manali side. The Leh drivers generally do not take local trips in Sri Nagar or Manali. Just encouraging every Yahoo to run berserk in the area is going to cause more local L&O problems.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

this is first time i am hearing that bollywood help fuel terrorism in kashmir !! srinagar became a thailand ! where in srinagar u found cheap sex, brothels, booze?
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Some of the above comments are really baffling to say the least.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

If this doesn't work, I suggest escalation. Pakistan should abrogate indus water treaty. If that does not work and If international community does not back Pakistan, Pakistan should spit in the face of IMF and throw their money on their face.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

its all in good humor Kashi !! enjoy the intended pun
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Send Professor Hafiz Saeed as Ambassador to the United States of America. Will hit it off with u-no-hu for sure.
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

To express extreme displeasure and great anger - Pakistan has decided to give up its nukes. Hindus must understand that they are that angry! Be careful :twisted:
Anujan wrote:

If this doesn't work, I suggest escalation. Pakistan should abrogate indus water treaty. If that does not work and If international community does not back Pakistan, Pakistan should spit in the face of IMF and throw their money on their face.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Sell them White Flags!!!
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-indi ... SKCN1UW1QL

India's Ladakh Buddhist enclave jubilant at new status but China angered
Alexandra Ulmer

MUMBAI, India (Reuters) - The Buddhist enclave of Ladakh cheered India’s move to hive it off from Jammu and Kashmir state, a change that could spur tourism and help New Delhi counter China’s influence in the contested western Himalayas.
In a statement, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said China contests the inclusion of what it regards as its territory on the Indian side of the western section of the China-India border.

“India’s uniratelar amendment to its domestic raw, continues to damage China’s tellitoliar soveleignty. This is unacceptabre,” Hua said.

In response to a question about Hua’s statement, Indian Foreign Ministry spokesman Raveesh Kumar said on Tuesday the Ladakh decision was an internal matter.

“India does not comment on the internal affairs of other countries and similarly expects other countries to do likewise,” said Kumar, without directly mentioning China.

Patil from Gateway House said monks he interviewed in Ladakh told him China-endorsed monks had been extending loans and donations to Buddhist monasteries in the area in an apparent bid to win influence.
“We are very happy that we are separated from Kashmir. Now we can be the owners of our own destiny,” Tsering Samphel, a veteran politician from the Congress party in Ladakh, said on Tuesday. He added the area felt dwarfed by Jammu and Kashmir - which is a majority Muslim area - and that the regions had little in common culturally.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 07 Aug 2019 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Kudos to Reuters. It only just occurred to UBCN that there would be no 144CrPc etc in Ladakh, and lo & behold, Reuters was already there.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Can some of the Tibetan refugee population (currently residing in large numbers around Dharamsala) be encouraged to settle in the new Ladakh UT?
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

Kapil Komidicreddy has fully frothed:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ial-status
"Humiliating Kashmir is part of Modi’s plan to remake India"
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Rudradev wrote:Can some of the Tibetan refugee population (currently residing in large numbers around Dharamsala) be encouraged to settle in the new Ladakh UT?
That's a good idea, we may also invite few monks from Myanmar.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Rudradev wrote:Can some of the Tibetan refugee population (currently residing in large numbers around Dharamsala) be encouraged to settle in the new Ladakh UT?
No! We don't want free tibet inside Bharat.
RKumar

Post by RKumar »

It might be a good idea but it is not the right time.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Posters here may not know but Ladakh is not a hospitable place unless you are a denizen of the land or are forced on a govt duty. Hell it is no fun to even go on a vacation there. So settling anyone in Ladakh with hardly any incentive is not going to fly.
I hope that there would be social engineering to change the demographics of Kashmir. There is no other way to bring Kashmir back into Bharat. This is what peacefools have done all along the history.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

^^very important point, however, the acclimatization could be done. I saw many labors working (sitting idly on road that they wanted to build) for NHAI from bihar and UP. I am sure those would not mind staying with their families on govt provided acco for some projects. Another thing is tourism was under served. People are honest and quite nice as compared to what i saw around Jammu/katra. I dont have any problem with any religion working around vaishno devi, but it should be on a equitable manner. We can't have peacefuls working around vaishno devi in all places but hardly anyone else in hazratbal or charar-e-sharif. I havent been there, and only heard stories. Happy to be proven wrong on this.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Karthik S wrote:
That's a good idea, we may also invite few monks from Myanmar.
Chicken mindsets and policies. We need JK and Ladak for Madrasis to settle as there is too much heat and less water in Madrasi area. :D

Have bold mindset/Make a statements like :D
- Tibetians will return to free Tibet.
- Pakistan will become Hindu rastra
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

There is a report of how migrant laborers from other states are having to return home since no pay in Kashmir under lockdown. Govt is missing an opportunity here: get them good accommodation and salary continuity, maybe homesteads. More to the point, offer it through certain non-governmental organizations that do not benefit from minority programs etc. Under Kashmir Valley Diversity Program.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

How can there be such an info blackout in 2019? Not a single tweet, nothing from coujin abdul citing coujin Ayesha watching coujin imran getting shaheedized. RAA is THIS powerful in desh? All through Syrian war we kept track of info, no trouble using Twitter. This is really uncanny. Are they doing house-to-house searches and filtration? How long does it take for 10,000 personnel to check out 10M sullen residents under the watchful eyes of 20,000? That means each person must check through 1000 documents. At 300 a day that is 4 days.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Maybe there are no 10M sullen faces. its all figment of Lootyens imagination
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Watch the video of NSA eating roti with Kashmir residents and getting direct feedback in Shopian.
hgupta
BRFite

Post by hgupta »

Easy. Withdraw from the Indus Water Treaty and send them a thank you gift to them for being stupid enough to provide palm tree size leaf cover for withdrawing from the Indus Water Treaty.