Articles 370 and 35A Repealed, J&K and Ladakh to be Separate Union Territories

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: Articles 370 and 35A Repealed, J&K and Ladakh to be Separate Union Territories

Post by ramana »

abhijitm wrote:There are good number of ISI sleeper cells in India. Also 26/11 type intrusion via different routes can be planned. One thing is sure, whatever pak want to do they will do within a year max so that Modi will have less time to settle things down in J&K. They will try to destabalize the atmosphere as soon as possible.

After 370 move, all baits are off for terrorirsts. The attack will cross J&K border as Indians have now crossed their line. I am not scaremongering but we need to prepare for the eventuality and GoI needs to decide the action/reaction.
I dont hink you realize the enormity of J&K Reorganization Act.
It integrates J&K with India.
It removes the raison d'etre for Pakistan.
In fact it removes the K from paKistan.

And questions the relevance of the Kabila guards.
The mango people have been eating grass so the Kabila guards can eat khismish and protect the Nazar-ye-Pakistan.
Its not protected after 5 August 2019.
Hence there will be blow back inside TSP.
And sending some unwashed jihadis or activating disgruntled momeen in India won't do.
The Kabila guards have to do some action to justify their fattening all these years.

PS:
Whats the point on being on Forum all these years if basic understanding is not there>?
Not just you but all those posting bokwas whines and claiming dhoti shiver.
Only Dilbu can do that as he has earned it.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Re: Articles 370 and 35A Repealed, J&K and Ladakh to be Separate Union Territories

Post by CRamS »

Guys, watching the various videos posted including the video of that puke Ajai Shukla on some Turkish propaganda channel, I must say that BJP narrative needs a lot of improvement. Here is what I mean:

1. When BJP spokesman like Zafar Islam says except for KM elites, common man supports it, then automatically the Indian libtard, traitor and foreign reaction will be: if so, why is the state under a virtual shut down? And there will be sarcastic smirks to the claims that ordinary KMs support this.

2. First of all, I don't agree that ordinary KM is actually welcoming this. If it did, we wouldn't have had them colluding with Paki terrorists and Kashmir such an intractable mess.

3. Better answes would that yes, there will be disenchantment with India's move, but at the same time, there are also Kashmiris, and cite Pandits, Buddhists, Sikhs etc who are happy. But India's hope is that articles like 370 that only benefited a few of the corrupt elite, once withdrawn will lead to large scale improvement of ordinary Kashmiris, and India will strive to bring it about.

4. The fact that it only takes a few percentage of people along with Pakis to create mayhem. It is to prevent this that India has this curfew in place. And gradually things will be eased.

5. In addition, assuming we have someone unlike a puke like Ajai Shukla, we need to point out the terrorist savagery unleashed by Pakis, and section of KMs supporting that. And India will simply not allow that come what may because Kashmir is an integral and inalienable part of India.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

CRS Don't waste time. You have only one person to watch. Unfair.
You will get US reaction and only that matters.
Rest are all water.
Roop
BRFite

Post by Roop »

vijayk wrote:A Kashmiri muslim woman responds

https://twitter.com/rose_k01/status/1158968499412226048
She is not a Muslim, she's a Hindu. Her twitter page says so.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

The poster is not the person in the video.
Roop
BRFite

Post by Roop »

UlanBatori wrote:The Mission Plan has already been approved to land an intrepid team at India's Antarctic base dressed as penguins.
Something along the lines of their plans in the Kargil war, to send an F16 disguised as a flock of pigeons! We had a crack team of RAW agents on the forum in those days to detect these plots, headed by a certain Enqyoob. 8)
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Sooo many missions (sigh!) The Pakis of today are just not the quality of yesterday. All gone, headless down the Sutlej. :((
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Just for the record US SD says not informed of Art 370 revocation.contrary to what Lootyens media and folks here were spinning.

https://twitter.com/State_SCA/status/11 ... 80800?s=19
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

That just means that there was no Official Memo from MEA to SD. Whisper between AD/Pompeio or NaMo/DT is not counted there. Nice PD (Plausible Deniability)
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

hanumadu wrote:The poster is not the person in the video.
Ya A*****!!! I HOPE that bibi is a KM. My 6th coujin has sent that all over the place chortling that she is. Almost makes one want to See The Light, seeing her. 8)
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Amazing and scary. NO tweets. All Srinagar sources stopped as of Aug. 4. One that says: "censored, not silenced" comes up as "does not exist". :eek: No sympathetic tweets from neighboring states. I didn't think even cheen could do this, let alone the ppl who designed and "tested" the ITR forms of Income Tax.

Shouldn't at least Jammu be opened by now? Full-scale census in progress, it appears.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Indian Express, interviewing ppl coming off flight from Srinagar:
“Since late Sunday night, we have not had mobile, landline, broadband or cable connectivity. The only source of information has been satellite television, and because of that people are aware that we no longer have Article 370. At least one household in a locality must have a satellite dish, so I think most people in Srinagar, at least, must be aware that this has happened,” said a 44-year-old Srinagar resident, who has travelled to Delhi for work.
Gauhar Hussain Wani (43), who runs a shawl business, said, “When we heard that the Amarnath pilgrims were being asked to leave, everybody knew that something was going to happen so we stocked up on rice, dal and other supplies…”

Others arriving in Delhi spoke of the rumours flying across the Valley.
“For the past 12-15 days, there were rumours that something is going to happen, but the government had assured that these were just ‘rumours’. Now that there’s no communication and only resentment and word-of-mouth, I have heard another rumour that 10-12 people have died somewhere, which I do not think is trustworthy,” said a businessman, in Delhi for a meeting.

People also spoke of heavy militarisation and subdued streets.

“We travelled from Baramulla to Srinagar airport this morning, and there was a ‘crew’ of security personnel every 50 metres…,” said a 24-year-old woman, who works in Delhi.

She and her husband had travelled to their homes in Baramulla last week to get married. The night after the last ceremony, all communication channels snapped. Landing in Delhi to begin their life together, they are worried because they cannot tell their families that they have reached safely.
So ppl are able to travel on the roads, airports are operating, homes have electric power, water, markets are open and functioning (how do you enforce Se. 144 in a market I wonder..)
No actual reports of any violence.

Just a news/rumor clampdown.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

once again good take by Coupta ji, as ramana ji pointed out , Pakistan has run out of options. Terror attacks will invite retribution from India, that too disproportionate. Beside Karachi is soft belly of Pakistan where largest no of Pakhtuns live, India can turn it bad for Pakistan there. For every action of Pk , India can respond with bigger reaction.
Coupta ji adds only thing that can work in favour of Pakistan is Indian security forces doing excesses on Kashmiris and mass uprising
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

The HUNDI!!!
Article 370 abrogation: Many Jammu residents hail integration as best option
Damini Nath
JAMMU, August 07, 2019 22:40 IST

Another Srinagar resident who travelled to Jammu on Wednesday described the situation in his city as: “Everything is fine. There’s a curfew that's all.”
In other parts of Jammu, a handful of shops in otherwise busy marketplaces opened on Wednesday for the first time since Sunday, while concertina wire lay on crossings controlled by a large number of security personnel. Schools and colleges remained shut. A senior government official said this was to control the number of people on the streets.
Standing outside a row of shuttered shops in Gujjar Nagar, Nazeer Ahmad said he should have been home on Monday. A resident of Doda, he said the truck that he was driving broke down on Sunday and needed repairs. But with the workshop closed, he had been stranded in Jammu with no news of his family since Sunday.
“The phones aren't working there. I don't know what is happening. Now, only God knows what will happen,” he said.

For police and government officials in Jammu, things were under control. A senior police official said that there had been no reports of violence, clashes or stone-pelting, but that there had been protests and sloganeering by small groups at Chandimarh and Saaj.

While top government and police officials said restrictions would be eased out over the next few days, there was uncertainty over when educational institutions would open and mobile internet services restored in Jammu.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Forget all of this.

My main concern is, where is this dude? No news from him. :(( :cry:

sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

IndraD wrote:once again good take by Coupta ji, as ramana ji pointed out , Pakistan has run out of options. Terror attacks will invite retribution from India, that too disproportionate. Beside Karachi is soft belly of Pakistan where largest no of Pakhtuns live, India can turn it bad for Pakistan there. For every action of Pk , India can respond with bigger reaction.
Coupta ji adds only thing that can work in favour of Pakistan is Indian security forces doing excesses on Kashmiris and mass uprising
What is the easier thing for Im-the-Dim and Bajwa-the-fatso? Do something knowing that there will be a 'limited' retribution from Indians like in Balakot, that will unite the awam even more behind them?

Or not do anything and see himself hanged/assassinated in an year or two? Maryam bibi has already declared that they are incompetent and castrated because they didnt anticipate anything, didnt do anything.

The dynamic - that its easier and more profitable to lash out against India rather than trying to put in the hard work to fix ones own problems - has not changed. Therefore there will be an attack/many attacks. We wont be able to count on American support because of the Afghanistan withdrawal. This will complicate the multilateral pressure we applied through FATF/IMF etc.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Any Pakistani action opens the door for all-out liberation of Balochistan - including using assets from Iran, Afghanistan and other places. No more need for any Pretences or Restraint.

Between Balochistan and LOC, do PA/PAF have enough resources? I think not: at the best of times the Frontier Corpses have a very tough time. As Balochistan fractures, Karachi will cease to be viable.

If Iran-India put their minds to it, Afghanistan can be saved, and the Pakiban annihilated. Some more Containers will head out t the Afghan desert.

So Pakistan is looking at swift disintegration. And Balochis are watching closely for an opportunity. They do need to mend fences with their iranian shia brothers; I hope they do so. Then TSP is toast.
jrjrao
BRFite

Post by jrjrao »

Suraj wrote:Shrileen is still alive ?? :shock: Now all that’s left is for jrjrao to come back and resume weekly bag the hag events and BRF will rock it like it’s the 2000s.
Hain jee, yeh kaise ho sakta hai ki kisinay pyaari pyaari aur sharmilee Shrilleen Darlin' ka naam liya aur hum jaag na uthay!! :rotfl:

Here I was minding my own business in a deep and dark cave on the far side of the moon, waiting for Chandrayaan to come by, and then I suddenly hear, over the interstellar space, the words "bag the hag", and instantly, all the antennae here at Ice Station Shashank went hot and crazy.

Oh those were the days, when KGoan and I would duel, as if we were Burr and Hamilton, in the contest to bag the hag every Wednesday. The prize was truly enticing, in that if you won, then you had the hag for loving company all to yourself for the next six full days. KGoan was hard to beat, but I think I won the hag more often than he did!!

And BTW, just to be clear, no matter what counter proof you all may muster, I will not budge from my firm position that this is the one and only true and permanent tasveer of our Shrileeen..... :D
https://koolblue.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/mazari.jpg
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

sudeepj wrote:
IndraD wrote:once again good take by Coupta ji, as ramana ji pointed out , Pakistan has run out of options. Terror attacks will invite retribution from India, that too disproportionate. Beside Karachi is soft belly of Pakistan where largest no of Pakhtuns live, India can turn it bad for Pakistan there. For every action of Pk , India can respond with bigger reaction.
What is the easier thing for Im-the-Dim and Bajwa-the-fatso? Do something knowing that there will be a 'limited' retribution from Indians like in Balakot, that will unite the awam even more behind them?

Or not do anything and see himself hanged/assassinated in an year or two? Maryam bibi has already declared that they are incompetent and castrated because they didnt anticipate anything, didnt do anything.

The dynamic - that its easier and more profitable to lash out against India rather than trying to put in the hard work to fix ones own problems - has not changed. Therefore there will be an attack/many attacks. We wont be able to count on American support because of the Afghanistan withdrawal. This will complicate the multilateral pressure we applied through FATF/IMF etc.
when did india care much for American "support"..we just want them to shut up and mind their business
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Coupta predicates all his anal-lysis on the fulcrum of "American support for India" or "American support for Pakistan" because he knows very well where his money comes from, and needs to exaggerate the influence of that entity in all matters.
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

for all we know, there might be game of thrones paki version going on with immie , his opposition and military bosses. If military is defeated, it will the politicians who will benefit the most. if nothing happens, anti-immi politicos will get the throne.

a chilling scenario - what happens if the real islamic warriors realize that their bosses in pindi were not at all warriors but bunch of cowards. are the bosses themselves ready to do jihad to teach the enemy a lesson? the original idea of pakiland itself is in danger here. a test for the soul of pakiland.

The brilliance of MAD is really way out of this world.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

UlanBatori wrote:Any Pakistani action opens the door for all-out liberation of Balochistan - including using assets from Iran, Afghanistan and other places. No more need for any Pretences or Restraint.

Between Balochistan and LOC, do PA/PAF have enough resources? I think not: at the best of times the Frontier Corpses have a very tough time. As Balochistan fractures, Karachi will cease to be viable.

If Iran-India put their minds to it, Afghanistan can be saved, and the Pakiban annihilated. Some more Containers will head out t the Afghan desert.

So Pakistan is looking at swift disintegration. And Balochis are watching closely for an opportunity. They do need to mend fences with their iranian shia brothers; I hope they do so. Then TSP is toast.
I would say India would need to encourage "opportunities" in the Pak/Af border, Iran/Pak border, Baluchistan, Sindh, Karachi, POK.. this is probably their best time to get out of the oppression by the Punjabi dominated army. ( actually Potohari) .. encourage their independence is all India needs to do.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

There is no actual reason for the Pakistani army to exist, all along they were the "spiritual" arbitrator of a hypothetical Kashmir being "in" Pakistan, no Kashmir no Pakistan army as simple as that, actually a grave they dug themselves despite having numerous opportunities to move from it. Pakistan is in an existential crisis almost as if a thermonuclear megaton weapon exploded over their collective consciousness. Not sure even the Indian leaders might have anticipated the depth of their action on their enemy., A war best won without firing a single bullet, one does have to congratulate NaMo and team for a job perfectly executed.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

An interesting point here. S&M Qureshi (Baki FM) is reportedly in Riyadh begging the Saudis to openly condemn the Article 370 abrogation, and also to bring about such a public condemnation by the OIC.

UAE on the other hand has clearly come out in favour of India's position.

I'm posting here for context an excerpt of this piece from Nationalinterest dot Org.

Recently, it seems there have been numerous instances of friction between KSA and UAE which could indicate a developing split between the two. This marks a major change in the GCC, where these two were essentially the lynchpins, and where UAE's MBZ and KSA's MBS had an almost guru-shishya type of relationship in the pursuit of common geopolitical goals.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/middl ... ship-71921
...Saudi Arabia and the UAE have demonstrated, over the last decade, a solid partnership in decisionmaking processes and see eye to eye on major strategic questions in their region. The strength of their cooperation was expressed in varied interests and arenas, such as the backing the rise of President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi in Egypt (2014), joining forces in their campaign in Yemen (2015), imposing an unprecedented boycott on Qatar (2017) and introducing groundbreaking national laws in both states such as the Value Added Tax law (2018)—all of which are taking place in times of rapid and significant changes within their own territories.

The alliance between the two states rests on close personal ties between their leaders—Mohammed bin Salman, the Saudi crown prince and de-facto ruler, and Mohammed bin Zayed, the Emirati crown prince and de-facto ruler. It’s also based on similar, though not identical, worldviews in which political Islam and Iranian influence form two destabilizing forces in the Middle East. Nevertheless, just like in romantic relations, the more they are becoming intense and weighty, the more difficulties they reveal.

The recent tension in the Gulf affords a glimpse into one of many disputes between Saudi Arabia and the UAE on appropriate responses to common challenges, this time with Iran. While Saudi Arabia took a public stance using confrontational language vis-à-vis Iran, the UAE remained vaguer in its media coverage of events and did not point an unequivocal finger of blame towards Iran. In the first attack against four oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman on May 12, the UAE tried to diminish the significance of the attacks, claiming that the damage caused was minor. Some reports even claimed that Saudi Arabia preferred a military response towards Iran, while the UAE sought to smooth over the situation with a diplomatic resolution.

An additional dispute between the two countries relates to the war in Yemen. Since 2015, Saudi Arabia and the UAE have jointly led the campaign in Yemen against the Iran-backed Shiite Houthi rebels, who have been garnished with weaponry, advisors and money from Tehran. While the Saudi forces focused on air operations, the UAE army has played a more significant role on the ground, leading to several game-changing outcomes. Even though the Saudis led their allies to the war, it is now the UAE who is steering the wheels by gradually withdrawing from Yemen. In its cautious and sophisticated nature, the UAE had calculated its battles on the expanding fronts and realized that its focus should be granted to more immediate and close challenges. As tension with Iran increased, the UAE took a swift step to tackle the rising threat with greater attention and a reallocation of resources for any possible development.

The increasing international criticism over the humanitarian effects of the Yemen war was another catalyst for the Emirati withdrawal. The UAE’s pulling off from Yemen without a satisfactory arrangement acceptable to Saudi Arabia, is a probable source for a conflict between them and a death blow to the latter's attempt to reach a victorious image in this arena...
It may not mean much. But Qureshi might be betting on recent UAE-KSA tensions over Yemen and Iran to leverage Riyadh's support for Pakistan's position on 370, now that UAE has voiced support for India's position.

Notably, however, it is KSA that is implacably anti-Iran while UAE is relatively conciliatory towards Iran in both the Gulf and Yemen.

If KSA gives Qureshi what he wants... using their clout to bring about an OIC condemnation of the 370 abrogation... they will want something in return from Bakistan. They will demand that Islamabad commits itself to the US-Saudi side in any forthcoming military conflict with Iran.

Interesting times. It would almost be worth hearing a condemnation of India by the OIC (what else is new?) if the consequences open the door to greater Iran-Pak hostility.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

jrjrao wrote:
Suraj wrote:Shrileen is still alive ?? :shock: Now all that’s left is for jrjrao to come back and resume weekly bag the hag events and BRF will rock it like it’s the 2000s.
Hain jee, yeh kaise ho sakta hai ki kisinay pyaari pyaari aur sharmilee Shrilleen Darlin' ka naam liya aur hum jaag na uthay!! :rotfl:

Here I was minding my own business in a deep and dark cave on the far side of the moon, waiting for Chandrayaan to come by, and then I suddenly hear, over the interstellar space, the words "bag the hag", and instantly, all the antennae here at Ice Station Shashank went hot and crazy.

Oh those were the days, when KGoan and I would duel, as if we were Burr and Hamilton, in the contest to bag the hag every Wednesday. The prize was truly enticing, in that if you won, then you had the hag for loving company all to yourself for the next six full days. KGoan was hard to beat, but I think I won the hag more often than he did!!

And BTW, just to be clear, no matter what counter proof you all may muster, I will not budge from my firm position that this is the one and only true and permanent tasveer of our Shrileeen..... :D
https://koolblue.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/mazari.jpg
:rotfl: Welcome back! Bliss to at least temporarily offer your egg spurt guy dance on the ongoing momentous reforms , combined with deep piskological insights into TSP's motives and thought processes.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

N K Sood has served 30+ Years in Research & Analysis Wing. He has served in countries like Iran, UK & many other. In an explosive interview given exclusively to Defensive Offence, he gets candid & talks about article 370 & 35A
kgoan
BRFite

Post by kgoan »

jrjrao wrote:Oh those were the days, when KGoan and I would duel, as if we were Burr and Hamilton, in the contest to bag the hag every Wednesday. The prize was truly enticing, in that if you won, then you had the hag for loving company all to yourself for the next six full days. KGoan was hard to beat, but I think I won the hag more often than he did!!
Now, now JRJ, now now. . . I'll only concede that you won your fair share!

ps: have you noticed how well the pakees are playing to the Three Laws of Pakee Stupidity these last few days?
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

kgoan wrote: ps: have you noticed how well the pakees are playing to the Three Laws of Pakee Stupidity these last few days?
Please list them out for the benefit of those of us who don't remember them.
kgoan
BRFite

Post by kgoan »

Bart S wrote:
kgoan wrote:Please list them out for the benefit of those of us who don't remember them.
What? WHAT? :eek:

The fundamental basis of all pakeeness and BRites don't know them? :(
Youngsters these days . . .I need to lie down for awhile . . .

When I've got gotten over the shock . . .and found my old notes. . .
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Around the world...
they're comin' to PeeAref..

Welcome back, kgoan! How can your user ID work after all these years and server crashes?
I once read a book where these Future Dudes go on Time Tourism: visiting historic places where they were catacylsms - just before the cataclysm. Like a city just a day before an asteroid hits.

Get the same feeling now. jrjr and kgoan are definitely time-travelers.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

kgoan, You think monkey trap has been sprung?
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

kit wrote:There is no actual reason for the Pakistani army to exist, all along they were the "spiritual" arbitrator of a hypothetical Kashmir being "in" Pakistan, no Kashmir no Pakistan army as simple as that, actually a grave they dug themselves despite having numerous opportunities to move from it. Pakistan is in an existential crisis almost as if a thermonuclear megaton weapon exploded over their collective consciousness. Not sure even the Indian leaders might have anticipated the depth of their action on their enemy., A war best won without firing a single bullet, one does have to congratulate NaMo and team for a job perfectly executed.

That is exactly right. India has de-hyphenated Pakistan from India, India has set the parameters to enable it to look and act beyond this false equivalence between the two.

We all knew that, even Pakistanis. But India has chosen to demolish that fiction by demonstrating a fait accompli. Pakistan has a choice-put up or shut up. The Pakistani oligarchy now has to justify its privileges to the aam junta. The common Pakistani has a right to ask what their sacrifices were for-now that they are even poorer than Bangladesh, with high rates of illiteracy, infant mortality, child malnutrition. Now that they are getting disqualified from even Saudia. I think the public disorder in Pakistan will exceed that in the new Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir. I can't game what fantasies they will spin for the common jihadi. But hopefully they will be amusing. Gupta's analysis is correct.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but here goes:

* J&K UT geography: The new J&K Union Territory will comprise the territories of current Jammu and Kashmir regions.

* Law and order will remain with the Centre, which now also has the power to declare financial emergency under Article 360 in the state

* LG replaces Governor: The Governor of current J&K will be the Lt Governor of the J&K and Ladakh UTs.

* J&K to function like Puducherry: The provision of Article 239A applicable to Puducherry UT will be applicable to new J&K Union Territory.

* Tenure of Assembly: New Assembly will have a term of 5 years in place of current 6 years.

* Strength of Assembly: New Assembly will have 107 MLAs. Out of 107 MLAs, 24 seats will be left vacant of PoK region.

* Current Assembly: The outgoing Assembly had 111 members, in which 87 were elected members, 2 were nominated, while 24 seats in PoK were left vacant.

* Nominated members: Under the new law, LG can nominate two women representatives in the J&K Assembly if he/she feels there is inadequate female representation.

* Rajya Sabha seats: Rajya Sabha to continue to host 4 sitting members from the current J&K

* Lok Sabha Seats: Five Lok Sabha seats have been allocated to J&K Union Territory and 1 for Ladakh UT.

* LG can reserve his consent: All the bills passed by the Assembly will be sent to LG for his consent. LG can give his assent, withhold it or send the bill for consideration of the President.

* Parliament to have primacy: If there is any inconsistency, Law by Parliament will prevail over any law passed by the new Assembly.

* Council of minister: CM will have council of ministers consisting not more than 10% of the total members of the Assembly .

* J&K state at the 15 position has been deleted from the States List in the First Schedule of the Constitution.

* A new entry of J&K UT has been added in the Union Territories list at the 8th position in the First Schedule of the Constitution.

* A new entry of J&K UT has been added in the Union Territories list at the 8th position in the First Schedule of the Constitution.

* Delimitation: Union government proposes delimitation of J&K Assembly.

* Govt proposes to increase number of seats from 107 to 114.

* Delimitation would happen on the basis of 2011 census.

* High Courts: J&K and Ladakh will continue to have common High Court.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... content=10
Last edited by Mort Walker on 08 Aug 2019 07:40, edited 1 time in total.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Now if only HakeemJi would come back and say do shabd on this matter.
kgoan
BRFite

Post by kgoan »

ramana wrote:kgoan, You think monkey trap has been sprung?
Ramana, it's almost textbook isn't it? Dimran is to the Pak mil in politics as LeT-and-renamed-friends are in Jihadi terms - same folk in mufti. Madam shrieking as human rights minister? Among their own, they lack even plausible deniability these days.

On the other hand, the Pak mil survived the "true" jihadi's despite spending ten years under mushy killing greener muslims on behal of Amreeka Bahadur, but can they survive this?

What they claim they've been fighting for literally doesn't exist anymore.

The Soviets used to say about the Americans that if "communism didn't exist they'd have to invent it". Meaning the US system needed an enemy to justify their impeium. Any enemy. We've seen that's true. The Soviet Union isn't even a memory - but the Ruski as enemy is absolute.

The Pakees RAPE/Mil combine need a Kashmir. They must have one for their system to work. So they'll need to invent one.

And that good folk, is I think, Modi and Co's true genius. Taking away their "raisins dieter" -- and controlling their adoption, during their desperation, of a new one.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

US Republican from South Carolina Senator Lindsay Graham has entered the fray with a couple of tweets.
https://twitter.com/lindseygrahamsc/sta ... 64291?s=21

Just spoke with the Pakistani Foreign Minister about the growing crisis in Kashmir. India’s decision to change the status quo must be addressed before it leads to a further escalation of tensions.

Hope the Trump Administration will provide assistance to both Pakistan and India to find a way to deescalate the current crisis. The last thing the region and the world needs is further military confrontations between India and Pakistan over Kashmir.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Pakistan has already reacted in the form of a Taliban bombing in Kabul. The message is very clear. Trump baba did not keep the Indians on leash in Kashmir so unkil's afpak withdrawal plans will feel the heat. Keep Indian actions on eastern border contained or else.. This is a pure dhamki to US. The million paki rupees question is how US admin will react. Will they ask a belligerent Modi sarkar to alter India's policy? Or will they twist Pak's arms further by turning a blind eye on Baluchistan, for example.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Dilbu wrote:Pakistan has already reacted in the form of a Taliban bombing in Kabul. The message is very clear. Trump baba did not keep the Indians on leash in Kashmir so unkil's afpak withdrawal plans will feel the heat. Keep Indian actions on eastern border contained or else.. This is a pure dhamki to US. The million paki rupees question is how US admin will react. Will they ask a belligerent Modi sarkar to alter India's policy? Or will they twist Pak's arms further by turning a blind eye on Baluchistan, for example.
How about this, khan sits back as we take back PoJK, gaining direct access to Afghan, which khan may use for a price ofcourse, cutting their dependency on pakis forever.