J&K Union Territory-2019

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Gyan
BRFite

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Post by Gyan »

I think that it takes 3-4 months to implement major terrorist attacks. And 1-2 years for exponential increase. We will need to be on guard.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

williams wrote:I think it is time to move on. We have done too much analysis of media reaction and next steps BIF will take. I think MAD has war-gamed all scenarios and they should have counter strategies for that. I think we need to start discussing strategies to chase the Pakis out of POK. I think the best strategy should be working on various schemes to economically strangulate the Pakis. We should push them to a point there will be a major civil war between the common Abdul, Jihadis, and PA. Then we can fish in troubled waters and liberate POK.
I don't think we care about the Pakis and their tender feelings. We need normalcy to return, and we will be watching keenly till it does, with communication links restored to most of the valley and life to resume outside curfew. It will take a lot for resentment to boil over to the point where we liberate PoK. (PoK will happen on its own merits, possibly after Baluchistan) Meanwhile we will be content with Pakis strangulating themselves, and yes we can encourage them to do so by maintaining an aggressive posture.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.news18.com/news/world/china ... 71227.html
China Seeks 'Closed Consultations' in Security Council on Kashmir Row After Pakistan Writes to UN
China also submitted a formal request for such a meeting but Poland has to consult and take into account preferences of other Council members before deciding on time and date for the meeting.
August 15, 2019
United Nations: - China on Wednesday asked for "closed consultations" in the United Nations Security Council to discuss India's decision to revoke the special status of Jammu and Kashmir, after Pakistan, Beijing's closest ally, wrote a letter on the issue to Poland, the Council President for the month of August, a top diplomat here said.
The request was submitted recently and no date has been scheduled as of now, a UN diplomat was quoted as saying by the news agency PTI. "China asked for closed consultations on the Security Council agenda item 'India Pakistan Question'. The request was in reference to the Pakistani letter to Security Council President," the diplomat said.
Gautam
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

^^^^ They should be gently told that "let's discuss all countries which are diluting the temporary status of their autonomous territories" to shut down this nonsense.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

https://swarajyamag.com/blogs/kashmir-d ... onceptions

This is the first of a 3 part series on Kashmir, which I have worked on along with the author Ms. Upadhyaya. She had assisted me on
a policy paper on Pakistan and has just joined the Centre for Strategic and International studies in DC, as an associate, looking at South Asia.
Last edited by Deans on 15 Aug 2019 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Great, thanks!
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I know this sound OT but it is not. I need help with a medical term. What is the most important artery/vein in the u-no-what :oops:
Last edited by UlanBatori on 15 Aug 2019 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

UlanBatori wrote:I know this sound OT but it is not. I need help with a medical term. What is the most important artery/vein in the u-no-what, that controls erectness? :oops:
Gonadial??
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Site shows only stuff that they want to send to ManMoushik Mumble-Mumble. Old. Where eej this deserving Petition so the we can all go support it. pls?
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

UlanBatori wrote:I know this sound OT but it is not. I need help with a medical term. What is the most important artery/vein in the u-no-what, that controls erectness? :oops:
Common Penile Artery
Dorsal vein of the penis
Aiyooo What is reason saar? :roll: :eek:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

True.

even our blue eyed boy shah faisal tried to go to turkey

twitter

So is Turkey now the new epicentre for coordinating separatist activity in J&K? What is it about Turkey that it has become the base of jihadi journalists, politicians & wannabe politicians, ‘scholars’ from J&K who get fellowships for God knows what? Anyone in GOI asking these Qs?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Rsatchi wrote: Common *** Artery
Dorsal vein of the ****
Need a single scientific term. To replace "Joogoolar Bhein" with something more appropriate, of course. :mrgreen:
I go- nadial scientific enough that people "get it" accurately?
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

g.sarkar wrote:https://www.news18.com/news/world/china ... 71227.html
China Seeks 'Closed Consultations' in Security Council on Kashmir Row After Pakistan Writes to UN
China also submitted a formal request for such a meeting but Poland has to consult and take into account preferences of other Council members before deciding on time and date for the meeting.
August 15, 2019
United Nations: - China on Wednesday asked for "closed consultations" in the United Nations Security Council to discuss India's decision to revoke the special status of Jammu and Kashmir, after Pakistan, Beijing's closest ally, wrote a letter on the issue to Poland, the Council President for the month of August, a top diplomat here said.
The request was submitted recently and no date has been scheduled as of now, a UN diplomat was quoted as saying by the news agency PTI. "China asked for closed consultations on the Security Council agenda item 'India Pakistan Question'. The request was in reference to the Pakistani letter to Security Council President," the diplomat said.
Gautam
Typical China.

Stealth scope creep.
UNSC FAQ wrote: Both open and closed meetings are formal meetings of the Security Council. Closed meetings are not open to the public and no verbatim record of statements is kept, instead the Security Council issues a Communiqué in line with Rule 55 of its Provisional Rules of Procedure. Consultations are informal meetings of the Security Council members and are not covered in the Repertoire. The annual report of the Security Council to the General Assembly provides dates of consultations on different agenda items from recent years.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

UlanBatori wrote:
Rsatchi wrote: Common *** Artery
Dorsal vein of the ****
Need a single scientific term. To replace "Joogoolar Bhein" with something more appropriate, of course. :mrgreen:
I go- nadial scientific enough that people "get it" accurately?
How about ‘artery de Kambha’ :lol:
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

chetak wrote:True.

even our blue eyed boy shah faisal tried to go to turkey

twitter

So is Turkey now the new epicentre for coordinating separatist activity in J&K? What is it about Turkey that it has become the base of jihadi journalists, politicians & wannabe politicians, ‘scholars’ from J&K who get fellowships for God knows what? Anyone in GOI asking these Qs?
ISI has been funding scholarships for separatist minded Kashmiris via Turkey. A lot of the rabid social media handles that are coordinated by ISPR are also based there.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Deleted
Last edited by Primus on 16 Aug 2019 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

How the events of 2016 paved way for eventual abrogation of Article 370
https://www.orfonline.org/research/how- ... 370-54295/
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Thanks, u can delete all those haraam posts b4 Bredators wake up. :eek: :shock:
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

turkey has become centre for separatists after India's relations with UAE has improved massively.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Gyan wrote:I think that it takes 3-4 months to implement major terrorist attacks. And 1-2 years for exponential increase. We will need to be on guard.
I am talking like a 2-bit military analyst sitting 1000s of miles away, but I feel the key would be to prevent the pigLeT scum from entering the valley. Absolutely vital.

Because once they get in, they get embedded with "friendly" locals, and then unleash their mayhem at the appropriate time and choosing based on recess input and orders from Rawalpindi.

In the ensuing cross fire, they along with "friendly" locals get halled, some of our brave soldiers also get martyred.

TSP and its 5th column got to town screaming 'human rights', "intellectuals" like Radha Kumar in their fake Brit accent and foreign media will have a ball as also Pappu and his slaves.

And most tragic from our PoV, the plotters in Rawilpindi and dare I say those indirectly supporting them sitting in Langley, VA, will be sipping scotch as they see the kith and kin of our martyrs weep and wail (along with US and its western lackeys issues 'both sides' guilty and offers of mediation if 'both sides' ask BS).

You've see the above script over and over again.

One question I have. We mostly talk about pigLeT infiltration across the LoC. But even if some manage to get past Indian army and BSF, I wonder how effective that alone will be in TSP's strategy? I mean the terrain is so harsh to navigate across, the guys then need be received by locals and fed and 'kept happy', they must then have access to arms, and so much more. And you need a sufficient # to be able to execute TSP's evil intentions.

Instead, I would think TSP will use the mainland India route. I mean scores of pigLeTs through mainland India. Either Punjab or Delhi etc. And then smuggle in arms. I hope Indian intelligence and security agencies have their focus on this as well.
Sonugn
BRFite

Post by Sonugn »

3 pak soldiers killed at loc
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Deans wrote:https://swarajyamag.com/blogs/kashmir-d ... onceptions

This is the first of a 3 part series on Kashmir, which I have worked on along with the author Ms. Upadhyaya. She had assisted me on
a policy paper on Pakistan and has just joined the Centre for Strategic and International studies in DC, as an associate, looking at South Asia.
Deans saar,
Excellent write-up. You have busted the myths of the Pakistanis very effectively. One nitpick though - the Kashmiri Pandits did not live mostly in Jammu. They lived mostly in the Kashmir valley, where they constituted between 5 and 7% of the total population [depending on which census you want to consider between 1891 and 1971]. Maybe that point should be fixed?

Edit - this is the sentence I mean.
The Hindu Pandits who lived in Jammu were also ethnically cleansed in the 1980s, although they were permanent residents of the state
The Kashmiri Pandits lived mostly in the Kashmir valley, where they constituted between 5 and 7% of the total population. The Hindus of Jammu are not Pandits, but are mostly Dogras and Paharis. They constitute an absolute majority in [Indian] Jammu region, constituting between 65 and 70% of the total population. As for the Kashmiri Pandits, who were the ones cleansed out of the valley, they are now mostly in Jammu and Delhi, and more importantly, they still are technically permanent residents of the state.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Imran Khan

@ImranKhanPTI

Will world silently witness another Srebrenica-type massacre & ethnic cleansing of Muslims in IOK? I want to warn international community if it allows this to happen, it will have severe repercussions & reactions in the Muslim world setting off radicalisation & cycles of violence
12:56 AM · Aug 15, 2019·Twitter for Android

This ba$tard is now openly promoting terrorism.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

Looks like the Russians are back at it again
And Russia backing China on talking about India & Pak in the UNSC is a nice Independence Day gift from a friend.
Any enlightened jingos who are in the know want to add some color to this?
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

he is talking liberal language !
This means no one is taking him seriously. most of his jibes are for domestic audience.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

China wants 'close door' discussions on JK in UN knowing well HK is their underbelly. What is this with blowing hot & cold with Russia?
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

IndraD wrote:China wants 'close door' discussions on JK in UN knowing well HK is their underbelly. What is this with blowing hot & cold with Russia?
Apparently the Russians are not objecting as they should since this is an internal matter of India.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

so far officially Russia in favour of India
Moscow has made it clear that the matter is bilateral in nature and UN has no role in it.
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 685173.cms
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

khan wrote:Looks like the Russians are back at it again
And Russia backing China on talking about India & Pak in the UNSC is a nice Independence Day gift from a friend.
Any enlightened jingos who are in the know want to add some color to this?
Closed door is so they can go :rotfl: :rotfl:
Just think of it:
1) China, with Xinjiang on permanent lockdown, Muslim symbols banned, Tibet on lockdown, HongKong on lockdown/tanks revving up to run over students...
2) Russia with Crimea/ Chechnya jollies and Afghanistan They are the ones who are sitting on the top of the heap right now and can point the finger at everyone else
3) UQ at BREXIT time with London on intermittent lockdown every time Pakis inflate the subway, plus Northern Ireland, Scotland. Led by a baboon who makes DT looks ultra-suave.
4) France so they can moon UQ.
5) US facing Mexican-border lockdown, schools on lockdown because of shooters, Philadelphia on lockdown because of shootings...

This should be SOME discussion: what is India afraid of? DiploBaboon hurting themselves :rotfl: ?
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

sanjaykumar wrote:What is with Pakis that they can't pronounce Modi, it almost sounds like Moody.

They can't pronounce Narendra either, they say Narinder.
Due to limitation in Urdu script which does not have all the sounds that Devnagri and Sanskrit have!
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Imran Khan
@ImranKhanPTI
Will world silently witness another Srebrenica-type massacre & ethnic cleansing of Muslims in IOK? I want to warn international community if it allows this to happen, it will have severe repercussions & reactions in the Muslim world setting off radicalisation & cycles of violence
12:56 AM · Aug 15, 2019·Twitter for Android
.. And if there is NO massacre and nothing at all, there will still be repercussions & reactions in the Muslim world setting off radicalisation & cycles of violence.
Buggers are beginning to look silly worldwide.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

So on Paki channels and SM, following 2 points come out strongly by so called 'Moderate' Paki anchors and analysts.

1. India with this change has Internationalised Kashmir issue which India has been avoiding since UNSC plebiscite mandate
2. India has given new breath of life to Kashmiri struggle for self-determination which earlier had been branded as terrorist movement.
3. With this move, India has started its journey towards destruction and has shown real face of Hindu Nazi to the world.

So if the above three statements are correct, Then shouldn't Pakis be celebrating because this move by GoI plays directly into the hands of Azadi-pasand Kashmiris and does what Pakis could not do in many years, then why this Rudali act.
If India has played its trump card and Paki cards are still not on the table, doesn't it give them a chance to win back J&K.
Why are they crying ?

As per not so moderate Pakis, LOC is no longer sacrosanct and any Paki terrorist can pick up a gun and walk into J&K. So once again, Isn't that great for Pakis. Then why are they crying.
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

UlanBatori wrote: Closed door is so they can go :rotfl: :rotfl:
Just think of it:
1) China, with Xinjiang on permanent lockdown, Muslim symbols banned, Tibet on lockdown, HongKong on lockdown/tanks revving up to run over students...
2) Russia with Crimea/ Chechnya jollies and Afghanistan :rotfl: They are the ones who are sitting on the top of the heap right now and can point the finger at everyone else
3) UQ at BREXIT time with London on intermittent lockdown every time Pakis inflate the subway, plus Northern Ireland, Scotland. Led by a baboon who makes DT looks ultra-suave.
4) France so they can moon UQ.
5) US facing Mexican-border lockdown, schools on lockdown because of shooters, Philadelphia on lockdown because of shootings...

This should be SOME discussion: what is India afraid of? DiploBaboon hurting themselves :rotfl: ?
This “moral high-ground” Nehrugiri doesn’t work. Ask Nehru who learnt this lesson in 1962, or more recently ask Slobadon Milosevic. Just because some countries are doing atrocities doesn’t mean there can’t be action against other countries doing far less. It’s all about power.
IndraD wrote:so far officially Russia in favour of India
Moscow has made it clear that the matter is bilateral in nature and UN has no role in it.
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 685173.cms
It would be nice if they would say the same thing in the UN.

My concern is, this time around, they might do private consultations. When curfew is gone & internet comes back & a few professional stone throwers get some buck-shot in their face, they will have “public” consultations and build upon the “private” consultations.

My point is, Diplomacy is a slow-burn thing. It takes years & years of building consensus & every step is paved by what appears to be meaningless gestures at the time, but in retrospect are extremely meaningful.

Instead of looking at this with disdain, people should be asking hard questions about these “private” consultations.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

SBajwa wrote:
sanjaykumar wrote:What is with Pakis that they can't pronounce Modi, it almost sounds like Moody.

They can't pronounce Narendra either, they say Narinder.
Due to limitation in Urdu script which does not have all the sounds that Devnagri and Sanskrit have!
One of the thing that I have observed is the speaking style of natives of the land v/s Mohajirs.
Pakjabi's by default spoil any name which has less syllabi like Nar-endra to Nar-Inder , Gavaskar to Gvaskar and tendulkar to TenDulkaaar.
Mohajirs from UP/Bihar/MP call Shimla as Simla. Locals refer to India as Bharat while Mohajirs resonate with the word Hindustan.
Alexander was right when he proclaimed ,"Funny this country Pa_istaan is"
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

First night (after dusk) flight from Srinagar took off today at 19.30 hours, 6E 2197 may become a regular feature once things settle down. One less opportunity for misadventure by the militants.
Last edited by mmasand on 16 Aug 2019 02:02, edited 1 time in total.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Ganja Hillary crying closed door means no order to Modi to retract orders
TSP has two choices
Open war or Proxy war :((
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Sorry it’s Hillaly typo
Mea culpa
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

But India can make use of the fat accomplice :D principle.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Deans wrote:https://swarajyamag.com/blogs/kashmir-d ... onceptions

Great write up, thank you for doing this. I would replace "insurgents" with "irregular proxies". They werent "insurgents" at all.

Couple of pages from "Freedom at midnight"

And Pisko analysis of why the F do Pakis care so much about "Cashmere" when they have no cultural affinity to them:

Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

g.sarkar wrote:https://www.news18.com/news/world/china ... 71227.html
August 15, 2019
Gautam
France and China differed at the meeting on how the Kashmir issue should be discussed.

While China wanted the consultation to be formally dedicated to the Kashmir issue,France wanted it to be taken up at a lower level as "other matters" in a consultation - a sort of footnote to a consultation, sources said. :)