J&K Union Territory-2019

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
vinod
BRFite

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Post by vinod »

https://twitter.com/bababanaras/status/ ... 9852139525

#UNSC rejected Pakistan demand to intervene in Kashmir issue.The UN refused to pass any resolution against India.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Hain! WHAT r these Yoo Enns discussing?
Consideration of Mongolia (Cont'd) - 2754th Meeting 99th Session Committee on Elimination of Racial Discrimination
16 Aug 2019 - Consideration of Mongolia
:eek: :shock:
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

UlanBatori wrote:Hain! WHAT r these Yoo Enns discussing?
Consideration of Mongolia (Cont'd) - 2754th Meeting 99th Session Committee on Elimination of Racial Discrimination
16 Aug 2019 - Consideration of Mongolia
:eek: :shock:
Hain ji?

https://www.un.org/securitycouncil/even ... ramme-work

PS - since this is a 'closed door' consultation, no one is expected to make a statement. There may be the token 'we took stock of the situation, and urge both sides to fulfill their obligations towards charter....'.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Some beepul in baki media are already claiming victory that they forced UN to take *notice* of Indian action in Kashmir.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

I haven't read the thread but the way it has been hitting my feed, it seems someone took Burkha to the cleaners.

https://twitter.com/erbmjha/status/1162247093299245056
BALA @erbmjha

Look at the drama @BDUTT
is doing, she was contacted by a muslim guy on twitter & COINCIDENTALLY he met her on his flight to Kashmir & then COINCIDENTALLY she went his home with him & all the filmy drama afterwards. So many masala and COINCIDENCE at one place. PLAIN PROPAGANDA.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

The second most populous country, which is a nuclear power and has one of the largest economies and one of the worlds oldest civilizations does not have a permanent seat in UNSC.

Our GDP is bigger than UK, France and Russia and is growing faster. We have more people than them. What kind of a stupid sinister club is UN really running? And they want to represent the world.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Keeping a watch on traitors, white supremacists and Islamists

Sagarika Ghose

@sagarikaghose
Through all the decades of militancy, 1988 to now, this is the first time #Kashmir is "internationalised" and on the table at the #UNSC. The last time J&K was at UN, was after 1971 war ceasefire
Quote Tweet

Michael Kugelman

@MichaelKugelman
This likely won’t lead to much. But the fact it’s taking place underscores how #Pakistan is not “isolated” globally. dawn.com/news/1499763
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

vijayk wrote:Keeping a watch on traitors, white supremacists and Islamists
Sagarika Ghose

@sagarikaghose
Through all the decades of militancy, 1988 to now, this is the first time #Kashmir is "internationalised" and on the table at the #UNSC. The last time J&K was at UN, was after 1971 war ceasefire
Quote Tweet

Michael Kugelman

@MichaelKugelman
This likely won’t lead to much. But the fact it’s taking place underscores how #Pakistan is not “isolated” globally. dawn.com/news/1499763
Yeh ... it is so NOT isolated that it finally had to lean on its ally China to even get a hearing.

But #ModiHaiToMumkinHai
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

pankajs wrote:I haven't read the thread but the way it has been hitting my feed, it seems someone took Burkha to the cleaners.

https://twitter.com/erbmjha/status/1162247093299245056
BALA @erbmjha

Look at the drama @BDUTT
is doing, she was contacted by a muslim guy on twitter & COINCIDENTALLY he met her on his flight to Kashmir & then COINCIDENTALLY she went his home with him & all the filmy drama afterwards. So many masala and COINCIDENCE at one place. PLAIN PROPAGANDA.
Real story
https://twitter.com/letsfoootball/statu ... 79/photo/1

Vinod Hiremath

@letsfoootball
·
4h

Replying to
@RavinarIN
and
@BDUTT
She is also peddling some coincidence drama with some Idrees.. But #Twitterati dug it out and found that she had twitted him in 2012 as well..

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

In the letter to the UNSC, Pakistan had requested that its representative be allowed to participate in the meeting, in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Charter of the United Nations and rule 37 of the provisional rules of procedure of the Security Council. But Pakistan's request was not allowed, the sources said.
Aug 16, 2019
8:18 pm (IST)
In a setback to Pakistan's intentions, the consultations on its letter to the Council are closed and informal and there will unlikely be a formal pronouncement after the meeting, diplomatic sources said. :(( :((
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

Basically, a chai biskoot session in the UN for which Pakis are not invited. But the things that we need to take note is China doing something for the Pakis. US, UK, and France remaining neutral and Russians helping us out. So that pretty much sums up our international influence on matters that pertain to our own interests.

I think this is good enough of an international geo-political environment where we can take a purely internal administrative decision. Modi did not even mention Pakis in his comprehensive I day address. I guess Modi's message is our diplomatic babus will take care of this one, no need to waste political capital.

We also need to note that Pakis are given proper thapad in the border and absolutely no piglet action or counteraction for the last 2 weeks. This means whatever security clampdown that is in effect in the Valley is severely restricting the Pakis to do any mischief. I wonder if it has to do with the communication restriction or arresting of the leaders. I think if the government can continue this trend for the next six months, Modi has won this one hands down.
Saral
BRFite

Post by Saral »

Official press release from India@UN

https://twitter.com/indiaungeneva/statu ... 42817?s=21
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

williams wrote:Basically, a chai biskoot session in the UN for which Pakis are not invited. But the things that we need to take note is China doing something for the Pakis. US, UK, and France remaining neutral and Russians helping us out. So that pretty much sums up our international influence on matters that pertain to our own interests.

I think this is good enough of an international geo-political environment where we can take a purely internal administrative decision. Modi did not even mention Pakis in his comprehensive I day address. I guess Modi's message is our diplomatic babus will take care of this one, no need to waste political capital.

We also need to note that Pakis are given proper thapad in the border and absolutely no piglet action or counteraction for the last 2 weeks. This means whatever security clampdown that is in effect in the Valley is severely restricting the Pakis to do any mischief. I wonder if it has to do with the communication restriction or arresting of the leaders. I think if the government can continue this trend for the next six months, Modi has won this one hands down.
The biggest problem for India is international coalition of Jihadis, progressive identity hatemongers and their media outlets. They are doing their best to justify any future terrorist actions by Pakish1t army against India, Indian military, Hindus and even BJP leaders.

The amount of antinational activity by @suhasinih @thehindu @bdutt in spreading rumours, validating Islamists and violence can't be understated.
https://twitter.com/sunetrac/status/1162230753591091201
sunetra choudhury

@sunetrac
Can you disagree with anything @hasanminhaj says here?
Last edited by vijayk on 16 Aug 2019 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Aug 16, 2019
8:54 pm (IST)
Last night, Indian Army foiled multiple infiltration attempts by terrorists backed by the Pakistan Army in the Keran sector of Jammu and Kashmir. Pakistan Army is increasing its attempts to push terrorists in the Indian territory, ANI quoted Army sources as saying.
{So that's what the LOC tamasha was, with 3+ Pakis confirmed pest-e-sha'eed}

I HOPE the Paki claim of 5 Indians jawans murdered is wrong, otherwise Balakote-2 needs to be taking off about now. Maybe hit one of those demonstrations with 100,000,000,000 shrieking Phreedom Phighters in Lahore or Moobad.
Aug 16, 2019
8:47 pm (IST)

UN Security Council closed-door meeting on Kashmir ends in :rotfl:
Aug 16, 2019
8:44 pm (IST)
Russian envoy said Russia continues to consistently promote normalisation of India-Pakistan ties, Syria-Israel ties, Ukraine-Donetz ties and Saudi-Yemen ties, not to mention US Elephant-Donkey ties. We hope that existing divergences around Kashmir will be settled bilaterally by political and diplomatic means only on the basis of Shimla agreement (Paki Surrender) of 1972 and Lahore declaration of 1999 (preceding Kargil treachery by and surrender of Pakisan), in accordance with UN charter, relevant UN resolutions (demanding Paki surrender) and bilateral agreements (such as Balakote and Uri) between India and Pakistan.
:((
Sonugn
BRFite

Post by Sonugn »

^^ Sir, 4 Pakis killed
Cheen - Situation in Cashmere dangerous
Roos - India/Pak bilateral issue, no role for unsc
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

vijayk wrote: The biggest problem for India is international coalition of Jihadis, progressive identity hatemongers and their media outlets. They are doing their best to justify any future terrorist actions by Pakish1t army against India, Indian military, Hindus and even BJP leaders.
True and it will matter if there is a congress govt who would be very apprehensive to use hard power. With Modi at the helm, such justification does not have any value. This govt will not hesitate to use hard power when necessary and there is an army of social media warriors who can fight this coalition much more effectively than before. The bonus in all this is, the political strength of nationalist politicians increases in the end and we will see that in the forthcoming state elections.

As far as international powers are concerned they will not waste their political capital on Pakis on things that really matter especially when the govt is willing to recalibrate relationships based on such actions. Bottom line is real economic and military power matters in international diplomacy. The only weakness India has today is our dependence on these foreign powers for important military equipment. We need to wean out of this ASAP. I am expecting major reforms in this area during Modi 2.0.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Aug 16, 2019
9:06 pm (IST)
After the UNSC meeting, the Chinese envoy said, “The security general made a statement to refrain from taking unilateral action which is dangerous. Issue should be resolved in accordance with UN Charter.” He also said that China is deeply concerned about the situation.

Aug 16, 2019
9:10 pm (IST)
China Asks India, Pak to not Aggregate Tension in Kashmir | We call upon India and Pakistan to not aggregate tensions in the region. The situation is dangerous. China asks both countries to maintain peace in the region, Chinese envoy after the UN Security Council meeting.

Aug 16, 2019
9:11 pm (IST)

Pakistan's Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Maleeha Lodhi said Pakistan welcomed the UN Security Council meeting and said "hello" to all those who remembered being at her parties 30 years ago but could not remember location of their underwear. Recommended Dr. Short-Round Shrilleen former Head Of PISS, as a worthy successor, as star of the show "Shrilleen Does Sargodha".
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Anujan wrote:The second most populous country, which is a nuclear power and has one of the largest economies and one of the worlds oldest civilizations does not have a permanent seat in UNSC.

Our GDP is bigger than UK, France and Russia and is growing faster. We have more people than them. What kind of a stupid sinister club is UN really running? And they want to represent the world.
Instead of any seat India should work towards dissolving current Panchayati and creating new one with better representation. If you go to it you're empowering it if you ignore it it becomes useless. It works at village level to a politician/goonda so it can work at earth level.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Next strike coming?
Army Sources: The communication hub with a range of 50-60 Kms, allows terrorists to communicate with their guides even across the LoC. Indian Army positions alerted on the LoC to prevent any misadventure by Pakistan Army https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1162384071869313025
ANI

@ANI
Army Sources: To push terrorists from multiple points inside Indian territory, Pakistan has activated a major communication hub in Kali Ghati area near Neelam Valley in Pakistan occupied Kashmir to facilitate terrorists trying to infiltrate. https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1162384047269654528
Anant
BRFite

Post by Anant »

I've been going after all the twitter accounts of idiots like Lodhi and the fart pieces on cnn from "pakistani actresses" who think Priyanka Chopra is inciting WW3. I called Pukistanis "murderous roaches" so twitter banned me for a week. I feel very proud of myself haha. Don't worry, I'm still going to go after these idiots on social media and write a guest opinion and submit to newspapers. I fully support Modi and India. The repeal of 370 was 70+ years in being repealed but if these sheets have takleef with India, take themselves and move to POK or better yet proper Pukistan. Good riddance. Keep up the good work here all. Thanks.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Don't get yourself banned: Post ur own blog for the good stuff.
Anant
BRFite

Post by Anant »

UB, I'm time pressed for a blog but I'm going to write a guest opinion and send it to the news outlets. I'm sure we both live in Mongolia and as you can see by the Mongolian coverage, it's mostly anti-Indian. What this did make me aware was how rabidly anti-Indian, the NYT, CNN and Al Jazeera were, to name a few.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

Does anyone know what the process is for nominating a civil servant for a pay rise? Syed Akbaruddin took 6 questions, 4 of whom were from Pakistanis. Walked across to shake their hand, then systematically disrobed them, this after leaving Maleeha Lodhi no option but to order in a Chinese takeaway since she isn't capable of showing her face even in the corner deli for a slice of margherita. Wonder if there are more IFS officers of his wit and caliber to make you feel naked with your clothes on in a room full of press, albeit his first time.

He also went on to lecture China on what democracy is in a veiled attack, then shut down a Pak journal who made her own International organisation, wonder if Ghafoora hasn't suffered a heart attack yet. Oh, and he also took the moral high ground to lecture TSP on why it shouldn't propagate Jihad.
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

In modern times Pakistan holds the world record in muslims and humans killed. We should compare stats with Stalin, Nazis, Rwanda and Syria.

India should demand monetary compensation of ethnic cleansed people of Kashmir starting from POK, gilgit, baltistan and then move to the valley... don't even need to mention that some were hindus because theres a deep hate/bias against for them in the media. But they still contribute towards the head count.

For good measure we should mention Bdesh, and baloch... Palestinians were not formally killed by Pakistan but its leadership was instrumental etc so that should be covered.

Theres enough cause for multiple campaigns

As far as clipping the wings of internal dissenters. Was there adequate compensation for killings of unarmed laborers , kashmir police killed in action, marriage parties mowed down

What about valley deciding fate of Jammu and Ladakh for 70 years was development and representation equitable?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Abdul B.K. in YAWN Lettars to Editar:
My commandations to Maleeha Lodhi. UN Security Council has done meeting behind closed doors with no Internet, No Phones, Nobody allowed in or out, guards carrying lathis and guns guarding door. Such a meeting was called by China who wanted it to be like Xinjiang, Hong Kong and TianAnMen Square for the past 20 years. They discussed serious problem of Kashmir not having Internet, Phones and restrictions on entry past 11 days. Great victory for pakistan! Although we did not win in 1948, 1965, 1971 or 1999, this is a great victory indeed!
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Fully agreed. Syed Akbaruddin was a pleasure to watch. And he did all that with a smile.

Best was his dismissal of Chinese and Pakistani statements that 2 persons have tried to wrongly portray their national position as the will of the international community. LOL.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

mmasand wrote:Does anyone know what the process is for nominating a civil servant for a pay rise? Syed Akbaruddin took 6 questions, 4 of whom were from Pakistanis. Walked across to shake their hand, then systematically disrobed them, this after leaving Maleeha Lodhi no option but to order in a Chinese takeaway since she isn't capable of showing her face even in the corner deli for a slice of margherita. Wonder if there are more IFS officers of his wit and caliber to make you feel naked with your clothes on in a room full of press, albeit his first time.

He also went on to lecture China on what democracy is in a veiled attack, then shut down a Pak journal who made her own International organisation, wonder if Ghafoora hasn't suffered a heart attack yet. Oh, and he also took the moral high ground to lecture TSP on why it shouldn't propagate Jihad.
Any links?
Sonugn
BRFite

Post by Sonugn »

Bart S wrote:
mmasand wrote:Does anyone know what the process is for nominating a civil servant for a pay rise? Syed Akbaruddin took 6 questions, 4 of whom were from Pakistanis. Walked across to shake their hand, then systematically disrobed them, this after leaving Maleeha Lodhi no option but to order in a Chinese takeaway since she isn't capable of showing her face even in the corner deli for a slice of margherita. Wonder if there are more IFS officers of his wit and caliber to make you feel naked with your clothes on in a room full of press, albeit his first time.

Any links?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1uRUs38uGw
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

so UK backed China draft critical of India , US & France backed India.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Syed Akbaruddin's take down

https://youtu.be/S9zYDwH9d0E
Sonugn
BRFite

Post by Sonugn »

IndraD wrote:so UK backed China draft critical of India , US & France backed India.
Yes they wanted a public statement, attack on india people at embassy & now this
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

IndraD wrote:so UK backed China draft critical of India , US & France backed India.
UK backed Pakistan.

UK had also been the facilitator of Imran Khan's trip (along with Lindsey Graham) to meet Trump.

Finally, the abrogation of the 370/35A is perhaps a bigger snub to the UK than Pakistan. IMVVHO, it is time for India to very quietly (no need to issue any statements, etc) leave the Commonwealth. Start by calling the British rep the Ambassador instead of High Commissioner.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sonugn wrote:
Yes they wanted a public statement, attack on india people at embassy & now this
the paki pasand britshits have purposely done this to embarrass India and let the attack on the embassy take place to prove he paki point.

we need to pay back in the same coin and ensure no deal with these britshits post brexit.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

NRao wrote:UK had also been the facilitator of Imran Khan's trip (along with Lindsey Graham) to meet Trump.

Finally, the abrogation of the 370/35A is perhaps a bigger snub to the UK than Pakistan. IMVVHO, it is time for India to very quietly (no need to issue any statements, etc) leave the Commonwealth. Start by calling the British rep the Ambassador instead of High Commissioner.
While the final outcome was on expected lines it did allow us to get a sense of our friends and non-friends. Theek hai. As you have rightly suggested we should start making gradual but measurable adjustment to our position on a host of issues with out non-friends.

Britshit haven't gotten over having *lost* India and India overtaking the soon.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

Yes, Syed Ji needs to get a spot bonus for such clear-cut answers. Brits need to be shown their place here for sure. They need to pay a price for this BS.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

recently UK announced its economy has shrunken by 0.2% atleast this means, France & India have superseded UK
khan
BRFite

Post by khan »

From HT foreign affairs editor:
1. Russia backed China’s call for open on the record consultations.
2. US, France & Dominican Republic (US allies essentially) supported India.
3. West was surprised by Russia taking Chinese side over India’s.

I think what’s going on here is, Russia & China might not be welcoming the rise of another Asian power - especially an open Democratic one, while the West welcomes the counterweight to China & Putin’s Russia.

Forget about UK, they have huge problems of their own.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

So what is the net result? Was there any statement on the record or is it an unrecorded informal session?
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

Just to clear the air, the UK did not back Pakistan, they merely reserved judgement (abstain). Russia among the P5 rejected the efforts of US, Dominican Republic, and France to have an informal consultation. They wanted to shine in their moment, and play a balancing game with China, the Russian Deputy Rep prior to entering the meeting did remark it was a bilateral matter.

Effectively China was the only country to support Pakistan.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

Bart S wrote:So what is the net result? Was there any statement on the record or is it an unrecorded informal session?
You need 9/15 consent to take the matter to the UNSC, there was only one in support thereof.